image-517.jpg
image-69.jpg
image-288.jpg
image-856.jpg
image-439.jpg
image-99.jpg
image.jpg
image-973.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

First of all, "Best 90's TPF 2016" is just my goal, not reality yet, lol.

I recently sold my beautiful Jurassic Park Pinball and got top dollar for it. With that money I was able to find a clean, working WCS for $2200. The game is OK as is, and is a very good starting specimen. The playfield is perfect, with minor wear around the scoops as to be expected. Plastics are slightly faded, wire ramp is worn, plastic ramps are somewhat faded and one is cracked slightly. The game still plays OK... but it is not collectors condition.

My goal is to have one of the nicest WCS pinballs anyone has ever seen! So I took the extra cash from Jurassic Park... and some extra... and ordered this.

PINBALL AUSTRALIA
Complete New Ramps Left & Right - Top & Bottom - $130
Shipping from Australia - $80

MARCO SPECIALTIES
Complete New Plastics - $170
Complete New Clear Plastics - $40
New Gold Wire Ramp - $79
Ramp Decals - $57
Goal Bracket - $10
Goal Decals - $8
Rubber Kit - $24
Star Posts & Lane Guides - $8
Shipping - $9

PINBALL LIFE
Chrome Legs - $49
Leg Guards Yellow - $15
Flipper Fidelity Complete Speaker System - $145
PinGulp Beverage Caddy - $12
Brite Buttons LED Flipper buttons - $30
Shipping - $21

PINBALL DECALS INC
Custom Soccer Ball Shooter Rod - $95

PINBALL SIDE MIRROS
WPC Side Mirrors - $85

COINTAKER
Custom LED Lighting Conversion - $130
Afterburner Pop Bumper LEDs - $15

PINBALL SWAG
Standard Playfield Glass - $70

PASSION FOR PINBALL
Cliffy Protector Set - $90

My plan is to fully photo and video document my restoration/upgrade of this WCS with these new parts. Stay tuned. Photos will be added as parts arrive.

#2 9 years ago

That sounds awesome! Congrats on the new pin and good luck with the upgrades.

#3 9 years ago

Ditch the standard playfield glass for PDI glass. Best upgrade other than a shaker motor in pinball.

#4 9 years ago

Welcome to the club - I fixed mine up also. Some of the parts you can clean up pretty good. I was going to buy a new wire ramp as mine was so tarnished but it came out great after polishing it.

231952-i.jpg231952-i.jpg 237399-i.jpg237399-i.jpg 237400-i.jpg237400-i.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Curious.. is that bracket in the second picture at the end of the ramp where the ball drops standard? I just LED'ed and and rerubbered my WCS a couple days ago and came across that same bracket hanging off the right back side of the goal where the VUK shoots the ball up the wire form. I didn't see any real point of it being there.. starting to wonder if it was misplaced by previous owner and should actually be at the end of that ramp to protect it? Or are they in both places usually? .. hmmm

#6 9 years ago

In case you weren't aware, WCS shipped with gold legs, not chrome.

I've been waiting for Pinball Inc to make the WCS ramps, which I was advised would happen. I may import a set if that doesn't happen.

I'm hoping it sees Color DMD soon as well.

I'm installing a NOS set of playfields in mine, but tabled the project while I wait on ramps.

#7 9 years ago

Taylor's WCS looks like crap but plays like a dream. Good luck with your project.

#8 9 years ago

Sounds like a serious upgrade project. I will certainly follow your progress!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

In case you weren't aware, WCS shipped with gold legs, not chrome.
I've been waiting for Pinball Inc to make the WCS ramps, which I was advised would happen. I may import a set if that doesn't happen.
I'm hoping it sees Color DMD soon as well.
I'm installing a NOS set of playfields in mine, but tabled the project while I wait on ramps.

I know WCS came with gold legs, I have a worn set that came with the game. For me it was easy.

Gold Legs - $169
Chrome Legs $49

I think that the chrome legs look much better with the silver trim, but in the future I may go all gold trim and gold legs... I do not think anyone has done this yet. I have not seen pics.

I am glad I got the ramps, the $80 was steep, but I think it will make a dramatic difference in the look and play of my game.

#10 9 years ago

Overall the game is not bad. Plays fine.

image.jpgimage.jpg

However I consider this ramp damage critical.

image-116.jpgimage-116.jpg

And this wire ramp cannot be polished as the finish is gone.image.jpgimage.jpg

And the rubbers are all worn. Games needs a shop.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-116.jpgimage-116.jpg

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Overall the game is not bad. Plays fine.

Game plays great, better dump another thousand or two into it so it's very shiny and plays great. The hobby in a nutshell.

#12 9 years ago

Have you thought about getting plastics protectors?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I know WCS came with gold legs, I have a worn set that came with the game. For me it was easy.
Gold Legs - $169
Chrome Legs $49
I think that the chrome legs look much better with the silver trim, but in the future I may go all gold trim and gold legs... I do not think anyone has done this yet. I have not seen pics.
I am glad I got the ramps, the $80 was steep, but I think it will make a dramatic difference in the look and play of my game.

OK. This is noted. 1 strike. Not original legs. I am keeping my 2016 judges notebook.

#14 9 years ago

I'll get a set of original legs for TPF if it increases points.

No really.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Game plays great, better dump another thousand or two into it so it's very shiny and plays great. The hobby in a nutshell.

I still have to look at it.

It does not play great, it plays fine.

Great is my goal.

Now it's average. I aspire for spectacular.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I'll get a set of original legs for TPF if it increases points.
No really.

You can't get original legs. The process used to finish the original legs is no longer being done anywhere, the originals weren't the high gloss polished brass that PBL and other places sell.

If you want the game to look original, including legs, you had better abandon any LEDs, mirrors in the cabinet, non-original mods.

Do the game the way you want to, it's yours

#17 9 years ago

I don't want it to look all original, I want it to look wayyy better than original!

#19 9 years ago

Can you give me the link for the left ramp I didn't see it on there and have been looking for a complete set

#21 9 years ago

I vote for chrome legs, rails, coin door, lockdown. Chrome it out!

I am not a fan of chrome on most games but I think it would look really good on WCS.

#22 9 years ago

You mentioned "custom" LED conversion, what's your plan for LED and how did you figure out which ones to get ?

#23 9 years ago

I think you should get all the trim and legs powder coated in that teal color.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

You mentioned "custom" LED conversion, what's your plan for LED and how did you figure out which ones to get ?

A member here, GOV, who's machine was the premier WCS at TPF details a custom list of LEDS on page 4 of the WCS club thread. I loved how his machine looked at TPF in regards to lighting. He came up with the list after trial and error and then detailed it in a post that others could replicate.

I am going to start with that and switch things from there, namely some lights under the backbox and in the ball gutter.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think you should get all the trim and legs powder coated in that teal color.

I've considered it. I think I should photoshop some options and we can check them out.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote for chrome legs, rails, coin door, lockdown. Chrome it out!
I am not a fan of chrome on most games but I think it would look really good on WCS.

Chrome coin door could look boss, but aren't they like $400?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

member here, GOV, who's machine was the premier WCS at TPF details a custom list of LEDS on page 4 of the WCS club thread. I loved how his machine looked at TPF in regards to lighting. He came up with the list after trial and error and then detailed it in a post that others could replicate.

Awesome, thanks I'll have to check it out. Also looking forward to seeing your before and after photos

#28 9 years ago

I might as well take the "before" photos now huh? Parts should all be arriving this week or so.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Chrome coin door could look boss, but aren't they like $400?

Meh.

You are already potted in on this game so might as well go all the way. Chrome it all or none is my POV.

#30 9 years ago

It's a great game worthy of the love. Can't wait to see it all cleaned up, Jared!

#31 9 years ago

Gl with your project. I found a routed one for 1700 but it has some insert wear. Can u get playfield a for this pin anymore?

#32 9 years ago

I vote to HEP the fuck outta that game. You might think I'm crazy but I think the game is a long term keeper. I actually love the theme but I can see people here in America thinking differently.

#33 9 years ago

I love the game and plan to keep it.

But HEP is way out of my price range!

#34 9 years ago

First round of parts just arrived from Pinball Life!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-722.jpgimage-722.jpg image-188.jpgimage-188.jpg image-197.jpgimage-197.jpg
#35 9 years ago

Looks sweet, what are you going to do first? Legs and then playfield items?

#36 9 years ago

More parts just arrived!! $400 in parts from Marco

image.jpgimage.jpg
#37 9 years ago

Legs, protectors and cup holder installed.

Need:
-Chrome Leg Bolts
-New Chrome Leg Feet

No other changes yet...

Here is machine as of today, pre any major mods or cleaning at all.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-382.jpgimage-382.jpg image-928.jpgimage-928.jpg image-309.jpgimage-309.jpg image-798.jpgimage-798.jpg
#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I recently sold my beautiful Jurassic Park Pinball

Traitor! You were one of the biggest JP fans here!

#39 9 years ago

To be fair it wasn't my WCS, it belonged to Dayvv (nuclear_waste). It was mine before he owned it though.

#40 9 years ago

Opened up the Marco box.

Got most of the stickers needed for the incoming replacement ramps from Australia. Very good packing by Marco.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-631.jpgimage-631.jpg image-506.jpgimage-506.jpg image-224.jpgimage-224.jpg image-307.jpgimage-307.jpg image-51.jpgimage-51.jpg
#41 9 years ago

If you want to win best in show, you'd better see if Mike Chestnut will take that wireform. It's no contest between stock brass plating and his!

#42 9 years ago

I am following this like a hawk b/c A) it's cool and B) I am doing the exact same thing to my JM. Figured I might pick up an idea or two from you. Yeah!!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

If you want to win best in show, you'd better see if Mike Chestnut will take that wireform. It's no contest between stock brass plating and his!

I don't want best in show.

I want best 90's.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I don't want best in show.
I want best 90's.

that's what I meant. Even if you want to be best of the 90's you need some serious bling

#45 9 years ago

Dang. Really? I got 1st runner up with a beautiful JP...

I guess no reason not to pull out the stops.

I'm considering a chrome coin door thanks to WhySnow.

#46 9 years ago

I am headed out to the garage to install the speaker system now.

#47 9 years ago

Began this process today, baby interrupted multiple times for diapers and bottles, lol.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-921.jpgimage-921.jpg image-595.jpgimage-595.jpg image-735.jpgimage-735.jpg image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg image-973.jpgimage-973.jpg
#48 9 years ago

Took my time and completed the install. Also the ramps arrived from australia! I do not have a complete set though, I guess I have half a set. Still, I got the damaged piece so that's most important!

New sound is fantastic as expected. Love that product!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-99.jpgimage-99.jpg image-439.jpgimage-439.jpg image-856.jpgimage-856.jpg image-288.jpgimage-288.jpg image-69.jpgimage-69.jpg image-517.jpgimage-517.jpg image-959.jpgimage-959.jpg image-171.jpgimage-171.jpg image-637.jpgimage-637.jpg image-38.jpgimage-38.jpg
#49 9 years ago

Box of parts! Stickers installed!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-542.jpgimage-542.jpg
#50 9 years ago

So I am noticing that the flashers on the ramps, and many other things on this game are attached together with small RIVETS. This may spell trouble for me.

I did some googling around and found this great article, coincidentally, on a world cup soccer and rivets. I suspect that the person who wrote this is a member here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/

Does anyone here have any experience with new rivets and getting them all setup? Apparently a hand-press is $200+?

Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Boards
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-world-cup-soccer-project-best-90s-tpf-2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.