Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat_tomago.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#313 10 years ago

*Tickets redeemable for slices would have remedied the problem. 1300 people X 2 slices = 2600 sliced of pizza = 2600 tickets collected.

*Tickets should have been sold and mailed out immediately. No will call, none of that shit. Physical ticket gets you in. I know you wanted to prevent scalpers but in my opinion it shouldn't of been a concern. Physical tickets collected would have made the line go quickly once the doors were finally opened.

* I was told that the games were going to be set up in one room with security watching them. I was also told that I would be able to pick up my game on Sunday. The games were spread out over 4 rooms with no one watching them. Anything could of happened to them. I would have been LIVID if I had actually shown up with my game not being watched with half drunk people. People not being able to pick up their pinball machines until Monday would have been unacceptable for 90% of those people that have jobs. I don't have a job at the moment so I would have just let off a big sigh and picked it up on Monday.

^^^^^^^^^^All of the above is what you need to work on. It is not a personal attack and it is my opinions.

Sole reason I did not attend was that I was very sick with the flu. I was going to bring a 1967 King of Diamonds pinball machine against my wife's wishes. Then I was like "screw it" I will buy one of the last remaining 100 dollar tickets that were still available. I only wanted to show up and support you Jared because you are my friend. I am not going to sugar coat it but the above problems would of irritated the ever loving crap out of me. If I had been doused by Vanilla Ice with water I would have been pissed because frankly I am too old for that shit.

All this being said I hope the next party you have I can attend and be apart of, and actually even help you out with some of the headaches of planning.

#316 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Feedback is fine. You are right. I came to similar conclusions after I ran the event...
    I appreciate the thought. It was a pretty great party, but could have been much better with some foresight.

I would have enjoyed meeting fattrain and hanging out with fellow pinsiders. I would have enjoyed Digital Underground and maybe some boxing with hassel and cidco. I looked through all the pictures and liked most of what I saw. It was great seeing your face (Jared) when you were onstage. Hopefully you can get the 1000 dollars back to remedy some of the money that you went over budget on. You could have paid the salary of an event planner to have curtailed some of the headaches. *shrug*

#327 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

- - - Digital Underground Performances - - -
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

The Digital Underground vids made me smile. It sucks that only like a handful of people knew "Freaks of the Industry" Wrong crowd for Digital Underground I guess. You gotta figure that crowd that would like them are pushing 40 and over like me.

#412 10 years ago

Train_Wreck_1922-970.jpgTrain_Wreck_1922-970.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat_tomago.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball?tu=rat_tomago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.