Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

On my last leg of the flight now. Touchdown Dallas in one hour!!!

You're about a month early for the Texas Pinball Festival?!?

#151 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

There's two sides to every coin, and rarely do you see the other side when it's lying flat.

I like this quote, I'll have to use this in the future.

#342 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Add "Don't donate to your own crowdtilt pity party if you really feel THAT bad about it."
    Sounds to me like if there had been actual contracts in place with these performers you wouldn't have had nearly as many issues money or otherwise. That sucks....but that's also the nature of crowdsourcing and why using it to do things of this nature is just a horrible idea. You're under an self-induced timeline to make things happen, but that also places a massive burden on things to get done quickly. It's not like you would've had the option to reschedule the thing after selling all those tickets.
    Hopefully if you do another one of these, once you get everyone paid, you'll have the leverage NOW to say "Okay, look. We really had a blast last time, but we had some issues. Here's the contract, here's what I need from you to resolve these issues, what's your price? We're not going to play around with all this BS of changing riders and comps at the last minute, and I need to know what you want UP FRONT." So there's at least a positive on that front.

You're getting soft. I like the back handed compliments better, more entertaining.

#349 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Kinda like an Evangelist

WOW. Sound familiar Jared?? It should. You can't script stuff like this.

#356 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Just let the guy enjoy his moment.

no issues with that.

Quoted from houseofpin:

I sense a lot of jealous people

not here, I can assure you.

Quoted from houseofpin:

Nothing wrong with him enjoying some of the publicity he has received.

agreed

Quoted from houseofpin:

Seems a lot of people had a GREAT TIME and nothing wrong with that. The people criticizing him should try and throw a party like this and I am sure they would find out it takes a lot of time and effort

Not really the issue.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I would like to see one post or statement that didn't self-promote, self-congratulate, make reference to the EPIC-ness of something, or otherwise comment on how awesome you, your Facebook friend total, or something else about you is. Such humble brag. Such look at me. It becomes grating on the nerves.

^^^This

Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The sad part is this self promotion will go on and on. It just does not stop. The need of constant validation from the outside. Kinda like an Evangelist

^^^This

There are underlying tones that if you look back through the posts are divided by people that are local and people that are not. Jared is toooooo much in your face with EVERYTHING he does and locally we are just bombarded by it day in and day out (if not literally it sure feels like it). Two words come to mind: Narcissistic and Ingratiation.

I do not like nor hate Jared...I am Switzerland. I am happy to take his money at a game of the silverball while being antagonistic and condescending at the same time (you know throws your opponent of his game). What I do absolutely loathe is how he has single handedly put a dark cloud over the local DFW pinball community. Yes Jared, like it or not, accept it or not you have. You were offered some advice in Chicago (not by me), something along the lines of "try just being a part OF the party and not always BEING the party". Try it dude, you might like it and I think 90% of us locally would too. I still think he as some strong attributes that could have done a lot for the local pinball scene but sadly I think most bridges around here are busy smoldering.

Oh and least I not forget that Jared is solely responsible for the fact that EPIC has become a four letter word in the local pinball community here. I cringe every time I hear it, no matter the context.

Just my opinion...maybe I'm wrong.

#359 10 years ago

Since I opened the door I suppose I will walk through it.

Quoted from Jared:

To anyone whom I have hurt, I am sorry.

Second verse same as the first. Been there done that. Heard it all before. Broken record.

Quoted from Jared:

One of my main motives and goals is to promote pinball to the general community, increase its impact, interest, participation and community.

I believe deep down this to be true. Your methods are just not appreciated locally.

Quoted from Jared:

I never wanted to be a dark cloud.

It's what you have though. Fix it! I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, you have good attributes you are just so F'ing grating.

#363 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Grating where... on facebook?

Well...yeah, it's the only forum you have complete control over. The ability to pick and choose post.

I did the block the Epic Party FB thing. Hell I don't know how I even started getting notifications on it as I certainly didn't ask for them, I think. Even with that being done you are EVERYWHERE, I gave up running and hiding.

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Just move to the east coast and throw some parties this way.....

Crowd Tilt

#368 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I want the public to identify me with the games. Its a part of a larger plan.

And there it is...

#373 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am everywhere on purpose. If I had it my way I would be on billboards, radio, TV and facebook streams 7 days a week.

Narcissistic

Quoted from Jared:

I am a professional marketer... the more visibility I have... the more valuable I become. My vehicles are 3D billboards... my privacy settings are on public... I purposely live in a way that is more visible so that I have the ability to market what my clients pay me to do. Its how I make a living.

But you seem to mostly market yourself. I see much more of what is going on with you than your clients. Ask me to tell you about your clients. I can't, other than the go cart place and I assume you have more than one client. But, I can sure tell you a lot about you.

#379 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

So?

If it goes how I intend, you... me... and everyone here will benefit.

Maybe I'm short sited and closed minded. Or, just beat down.

Quoted from Jared:So stop kicking me in the nuts and start patting me on the back.

Absolutely, not a problem! Give me a reason to.

Quoted from Jared:I am one of the good guys

Never said you weren't. Actually I think I said you have strong attributes that COULD have benefited the local pinball scene.

#382 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Remarkably, Mark "Elevation Games"

Good gawd, really. marC, it's in my F'ing screen name.

Quoted from Jared:

The "Larger Plan" is a pinball reality TV show that is in the works.

That is the "larger plan"? Meh.

Quoted from Jared:

MarC "Elevation Games" is likely to be a part of the same plan, although I would guess he is far less excited about it than me

Something we agree on.

#400 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I'm not the devil. I have never profited a cent off a pinball event! Others do... (And there is nothing worn with that) ((and they use your games to do it)) (((and there is nothing wrong with that))). But I haven't.

TPF slam. Uncool.

#402 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Not at all! I would never slam them! Please don't put words in my mouth, Marc with a C.

Well, you should explain then because I'm not the only one that thought it I'm just the only one that wrote it. Perception is more powerful than the truth sometimes.

Who are these "Other's" you speak of? Because it came off as a slam no matter who you were referencing.

#408 10 years ago

I can help jog your memory.

Quoted from Jared:

I'm not the devil. I have never profited a cent off a pinball event! Others do... (And there is nothing worn with that) ((and they use your games to do it)) (((and there is nothing wrong with that))). But I haven't.

You say you are not the DEVIL (your word)... because you have not profited from an event. You then say "Others do..." thus insinuating that because they do profit from an event they are the DEVIL (your word).

You then reaffirm that you are not those "others" by again saying you haven't.

Who are these DEVILish Others?

#414 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Literally, you are a grown man Marc who is at home right now while his wife is asleep refreshing a pinball forum constantly to see if anything else entertaining has happened for you to put your two cents in on.

Actually I am in the garage with Pandora playing in the background working on pinball machines getting ready for TPF. My wife on the other hand (which is unappreciated mention. this has been a fairly spirited yet civil debate, let's not go down other paths that will degrade quickly. remember the buttons we've spoke of? you are about to find one.) is wide awake watching some Sci-Fi thing happy I'm not bugging her.

Quoted from Jared:

You love it. You love making me uncomfortable. You keep refreshing.. Waiting... Pushing.

This is a true statement.

#453 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Hmmm....guess who is now doing marketing for FUN!

Ouch, damage control on isle 3.

Jared, now is the time apologize for indiscretions, tell us that you have learned from them and that you are now a better person because of it. You must have an amazing knowledge base by now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball?tu=marc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.