Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#329 10 years ago

Jared seems like you did all you could and that is really anyone can ask of you. Vanilla Ice messed up so much of your timetable and who could have saw that coming. Easy for anyone to criticize but in a similar situation what would they have done. Doubt they would have told Vanilla Ice to "hurry up" or "this is not acceptable" so as they say "you live and you learn". I am sure if you do this a second time (hopefully, closer to the east coast which would bring you many pinheads from NY, Jersey, PA, MD., VA and Carolinas) you will improve on what appeared to be a GREAT TIME with some "unexpected issues".

For a young man your age you should be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. Also, not many seem to understand that you spent everything and then some.....which I doubt many would have done which tells me a lot about your character and this had nothing to do with the money. It is understandable that people were not happy as some it appears feel they did not get their "moneys worth" but truly it seemed like you gave them A LOT for their money to begin with even at $200 for a VIP ticket......I spend at least $150 per ticket for most concerts I go to (most of the time closer to $200 or slightly more) and truly this seemed "EPIC" and even at $200 for a VIP ticket it wasn't overpriced that much even if they didn't get a couple of slices of Pizza......personally, I would raise the prices a little if you do something like this on the East Coast as $100 for a regular ticket is dirt cheap for everything you provided (probably why you lost money).

Do this on the East Coast and you can count me and my wife in !!! For all you provide it is a BARGAIN and don't let anyone tell you differently (just ask the people from NY what a night out costs them and I doubt they would have half the fun you provided !!).

Happy BELATED birthday and truly you can't put a price on the memory you created for yourself. I rarely get jealous but you "did it right" and as most of us older people will tell you the "memories are more important then the money".....most of us on pinside I am sure will be buried with a lot more then the $3K or so you lost but will NEVER HAVE THE MEMORY YOU HAVE so I would gladly trade $3K to have done what you did !!!

YOU ROCK JARED and don't let anyone ever tell you differently. You are one cool dude and if it was me I would put every newspaper article in a big frame and display them proudly for the rest of my life......how many of us can ever say we had an "EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY" like the one you had....plus, you had your whole family support you which is really special....your wife rocks as well !!!

Also, I got to see a side of FATTRAIN and he really seems like a great guy and loves having a fun time (his picture with Ernie Reyes was too funny) !!! To fly in just to party is very cool in my book as well as Tiger Law.....hats off to both of them. To me, there reviews say it all.....they spent tons of money to come and they both seem to have NO REGRETS so it most have been AWESOME !!!

#333 10 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

Will the kick starter to recoup the 6k lost on the party cover everything? The 1k pizza debt alone is such a huge chunk.

Problem with the Pizza company from what I can tell is they are going to say "they made the pizzas" so if they refund the money they will lose money. If I was Jared I would ask them for a 50% refund (even though he truly deserves 100%) and that way it covers their cost of ingredients and time to make the pizzas. I am sure they are going to somehow blame Jared but they should have delivered them regardless of the parking situation. I am sure for the $500 or more profit (probably $600-$700 after time and ingredients but at least $500 !!!) they could have been inconvenienced some.

I would threaten to take him to small claims court and truly I feel that Jared will recoup some of the money. Doubt any judge would say they "did their job" so he might even win the full $1K but if I was the owner I would give him back $500 just to "put it to bed" and move on.

GOOD LUCK and definitely don't let this guy get away with it.......if it was me I would sue him for more then $1K (I know I wouldn't win) by including some "damages" (i.e. unhappy customers that didn't get pizza).....that might scare him and make him settle !!!! Sure one of the pinside lawyers can give you better advice but you definitely have a shot at winning if you take him to small claims court !!!

GOOD LUCK JARED !!!!

#341 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He pulled off a unique and amazing event. I think a victory lap is wholly appropriate, just my personal opinion.

Tiger....your opinion told me so much about this event and I really feel like I missed something special. You travelled and I am sure spent TONS of money (plus your date came from another country to make the event if I remember right). If you were happy with the event my bet would be it was EPIC as your truly went way out of your way to make the event. It seems like it was a lot of fun based on the pictures and truly for Jared to put together "so much" really blew my mind. He had power rangers, teenage mutant turtles, Robo Cop, Ernie Reyes, the young kid spinning records and plus great musical acts......it must have been so cool to be involved in that. Truly, the only thing that I could see went terribly wrong was caused by something way out of his control (Vanilla Ice with the long sound check). Looking back he probably could have started the party a little earlier so people could enjoy the "other special guests" and it probably would have worked great if the doors opened around 4ish and the bands started around 7ish (so people had a few hours to drink some brews and get something to eat and enjoy the sights).

Jared in my book ROCKS and I never met the guy (plus he didn't even get to enjoy the night as much as he deserved to due to stress....so it cost him a ton of money and his biggest concern was that EVERYONE ELSE had a great time....speaks so much for the young mans character).

Tiger you and Fattrain rock as well (yes, even though FATTRAIN hates me and has me on ignore he still rocks as that picture of him and Ernie Reyes really was "classic"....lol). You guys both "get it" and just enjoyed the event and put the "difficulties" behind you and didn't let it ruin your evening and that is a great way to be !!!! Truly, I wish I was there and will really try to make the next one !!!!

Jared enjoy your moment......you pulled something off that most of us would never even attempt to do !!!! At least I know I wouldn't have as it takes a special person to take that kind of a risk and do something that EPIC !!!

#350 10 years ago

Just let the guy enjoy his moment. I sense a lot of jealous people as the guy just wanted to throw an awesome party and he did. Nothing wrong with him enjoying some of the publicity he has received. For all the time, effort and money he put forth he deserves it if you ask me. Seems a lot of people had a GREAT TIME and nothing wrong with that. The people criticizing him should try and throw a party like this and I am sure they would find out it takes a lot of time and effort and "things will go wrong"....just too many moving parts for that not to happen and too many egos (i.e. Vanilla Ice with his sound check telling him he can't let anyone in.......what was the guy suppose to do).

This is his thread and he has every right to "enjoy the moment' on his thread.....people that can't deal with that should just avoid reading his thread rather then taking shots at the guy.....seems like a really good guy and I haven't seen him even get upset with any of the criticism.....he seems to be a HAPPY PERSON unlike some of the people who are trying to "get under his skin".

#353 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

You will forgive me if I, or any other members of this forum, dismiss your telltale run-on stylings immediately. Any sudden snap of logic or sensibility from you will be construed only as sheep's clothing.

I will take the high road on this one and just wish you the best....... Rather then give you the response you deserve......

#355 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

No one would read that treatise, as it were. Saves your finger dexterity for another rant. You are most welcome.

LOL.......it is great to be back !!!! Thanks for a good laugh......hopefully you put your finger dexterity to good use tonight....

#361 10 years ago

Jared,

For what this is worth. Next time you need to make tons of money so at least you get paid for the criticism. I feel for you dude....you lose a ton of money....work on your birthday and get stressed.......and you are getting grief. Please, next time PM me and I will help make sure you budget conservatively so you make $10K or more. Then when you get the grief at least you can look at your bank account and laugh rather then having to take grief as you put your pins and vids up for sale to pay the negative balance you incurred.

Just move to the east coast and throw some parties this way.....I am sure you will be more appreciated up this way !!!! Maryland is a great place to live......damn, the parties you could throw !!! Plenty of pinheads up this way and your intentions seem genuine....come on guys the guy basically paid people $100 to bring a game......looking back he should have just forgot the pinball room and took the $100 rather then let them bring a game. Live and learn....next time I would just leave out the pinball plus you have one less thing to worry about.....problem solved !!!

#366 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Whoah there Nellie! Seems like we have friends at cross purposes here. And they ALL like pinball so they have something in common outside of Big D . My advice, which I know you are clamoring for, is to try out some of that legal stuff from Colorado and chill
    Did not go but wish I could have. Gimmicks and kitsch can be fun.
    Ease up!

I actually have to agree with Roomy......maybe next time we do the party in Colorado !!!! Probably the two hour wait in line would have not seemed as bad.......

#409 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

hmmm...
    i think it may be in everyone's best interest to close this thread.
    ...just saying.

Couldn't agree more this thread needs to be closed before we have a "shoot out at the OK corral down there in Texas". Lots of hard feelings down there in Texas !!!! Probably some truth to both sides of the story (normally there is with these type of disagreements and nobody is ever 100% right or wrong)......HOWEVER, I still have to give Jared credit for throwing ONE ROCKIN PARTY (the kid can throw a party...can't take that away from him !!!). As for the overspending......truly, it is unfortunate but the only way to learn a good lesson is to have him pay for it.....my dad always taught me that and if people continually bail him out he will never learn how to budget and be responsible with the money. He was the one that went over budget so unfortunately he has to deal with it......nobody forced him to spend the money and this will be a good life lesson for him even though it will be painful...."no pain no gain".

Problem with this is truly nobody but Jared really knows "the books" about this party. I am going under the assumption he lost $9K based on his last update.....hopefully, he is telling the truth as it would be awful if he is raising more money if he didn't incur a loss (nobody will ever know for sure as there are "too many moving parts".....you guys know him better then I do.....all I know is based on the pictures, videos and comments of a few pinsiders he can throw one hell of a party !!!!

#418 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I agree, it's 100% on me. Hence selling 6 of my games and several of my collectibles to help cover costs. I never asked for help. They did that on their own man. I even told them not to.

Jared.....just one question that I don't understand. Why do you have to sell anything ? I am sure they aren't taking IOU's as I would think everyone wanted their money upfront or ASAP.....just a question as I am sure Vanilla Ice, Tone Loc, etc. didn't do this without being paid or the pizza place delivered pizza without being paid, etc. etc.....just a question because that doesn't make sense to be honest. Unless in Texas they take IOU's but they don't up here in MD....you pay upfront.

#424 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Well, it seems like I am suffering from Oradat Syndrome and cant stop refreshing the forum. This post got me out of bed and back into the office because it would take me 10x longer do type this with my hands.
    Here is what I still owe:
    -Burton Gilliam $1000
    -Pizza - $1200
    -Partners in Kryme $500
    -Digital Video Screen $4000
    -Event Venue $9400
    I of course paid 50% down for everything (except the pizza and the video screen) and the vast majority of the bills were paid in advance of the party or AT the party itself.
    Burton and PIK both left the party before I could get to them. The pizza was supplied by a family friend (discount!) and they delivered with no deposit. They have also offered payment arrangements. The video screen has not been paid yet because they need a check and the money is in paypal, and the venue is the final bill which they had to get tallys from the green rooms and equipment rentals to get me to an exact figure.
    I have approx $6200 in the party account and $900 cash on hand to pay all of these bills with. So... I messed up... I spend too much... or didnt leave enough... whatever. The goal was to end up at $0.
    So, I put up a post on facebook to sell enough stuff to cover most of it, and then I would just eat the rest from savings.
    From friends of mine saw me doing this, and decided to crowdfund help for me... using the same site I used to make the party possible. This was not my idea, and does not have my endorsement. I have not posted it to my page. I am embarrassed by it.
    I learned a lot... and it wont happen again. I just put "too much epic" into one party. Its my fault. No-one elses.

By my account you lost approximately $10K then.......I keep seeing the $6K figure that you lost and earlier I thought you said you lost a few thousand (however, I can't be sure I read that but I thought that was your figure). However, your bills are $16,100 and you have $6,200 in the party account so you lost $9,900. WOW !!!! Truly, it could have been worse and you really need to be careful as this loss could have been $20K....seems you lost total track and underestimated expenses as well....plus, hopefully there aren't any bills you forgot.....again, not good and an expensive lesson. I am calling it a night.......thanks for helping to clarify.....that really was an epic party !!!! I can assure you if I lost $10K it would have been a night my wife would not let me forget....LOL !!!!

#426 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Its true... I lost $9050. And no... not even the people trying to get me to $6,000 know that. No, I wont tell them. Its not their problem... or burden.
    I will get past it. I am not a poor person... and I can make up the difference if I hustle. Gilleys has agreed to let me make payments if needed. I am totally prepared to sell off things and live lightly for a while to get this handled. Those guys online are doing what they are doing on their own.
    All that I really care about at this point is that my bonehead budgeting does not affect my innocent wife. She of all people does not deserve anymore stress over this ordeal.
    Still, the life experience I get from this... the things I learned and saw... you can only gain them by doing it. They cant really be bought. I will be stronger as a result.

Good luck to you.....be more careful next time. Always leave a "cushion" so this can't happen again as $9K is too much to spend unless you truly have "money to burn" and not too many 30 year olds can blow $9K on a party (well I couldn't when I was 30).

Get some sleep.....you need to make some money tomorrow !!!! Great pictures of a truly EPIC and EXPENSIVE PARTY.....bring the next one to the East Coast and I will be there with my wife as the party was awesome !!!!

#440 10 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Darn, I just got a bill from the concert promoter for the ACDC concert I went to at Reunion Arena in Dallas in 1983. It turns out he can't budget either, so he'd like me to pay an additional $10 for my ticket since it was a really good show. I better send it immediately , as he can't be expected to be responsible with other people's money and he can always count on others to bail him out so he never has to deal with consequences ( sounds like my kids)

LOL.....that was really funny. I have 5 kids and don't get me started on "not dealing with consequences" as I would say 99% of the fights between myself and my spouse are over "kid issues" as I get so tired of the "we are owed mentality of this generation". I love my kids and want to give them a lot but there is a limit and as I try to tell my wife "we aren't helping them by always giving them money". You buy them a $10K vehicle and all you hear is "my friends dad bought her a brand new car" it truly is never enough and they truly feel "entitled". All the money they make working they want to spend on themselves as well......forget about paying for 1/4 or 1/3 of their car insurance (like I did as a kid) that is suppose to be "our expense"....don't even get me started on this generation......funny thing is I have great kids who never get in trouble so I "just fork over the bucks" rather then fight with the wife !!!! I can't wait until they have kids and they have to do the same thing.....I hope I live that long so I can laugh when they complain about their kids.....as they say "payback is a BIT**". Can't wait to watch them put their kids through college.....however, with this generation I might hear "hey, you had us so you need to put our kids through as well"....wouldn't surprise me !!!

Times like this I feel old....probably because I am 52 in 9 days......I better calm down before the wife gets home or it will be another fight about the kids not being responsible.....LOL !!!! Not worth fighting about it is just the way it is with the kids around my area (parents spoiled them rotten).

#460 10 years ago

Time to close the thread and everyone move on. Holding grudges is truly like a poison and everyone will feel a lot better if they try to put the past behind and move on. Everyone makes mistakes and when they do expect some forgiveness and sometimes people forget that when they are the ones that have to forgive others mistakes.

Jared threw a fun party and gave many people a night to remember (sorry I missed it). My understanding is it was his birthday party and if that is the case "Jareds Epic Party" seems to make sense as it was his birthday. He went over budget and truly I hope people don't come to his rescue because he appears to have a problem budgeting and he will never correct it if people always bail him out. You never learn lessons in life unless you experience some pain....try to teach my kids that way (wife always overrules though and they never learn....lol).

There are always two sides to every story and normally some truth in both sides. Hopefully, Jared has learned something and finds a way to make amends with the other pinsiders in Texas.....it is in his best interest and I believe he sees this. So good luck to all of you guys and try to move forward !!!

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A MODERATOR to close this thread.....nothing good is going to come keeping it open and hopefully Jared and his fellow pinsiders can work this out in person some day but probably everyone needs to "chill" for a little while.....I still like the idea of the next party being in Colorado.....now that would be an EPIC PARTY....lol.

#463 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

Welcome to the Texas Pinball community! Have a seat, sit back, and join in our dastardly plans to just be assholes who get off on being "Trolls" and "Haters". You can set that on the pile over in the corner. Barry is going to have a bonfire with it later. You should be able to see the blaze from Maryland!

I don't wish Jared any bad so that was not my point of the post. Hey, I love my kids and I do the same to them (or try to until the wife steps in) as if someone doesn't feel some pain for their mistake they will keep making it. So if his friends and family keep bailing him out he will come to expect it and never learn was my point. After reading many posts it seems Jared has made this same mistake before (smaller scale) so it is best he has to feel the pain and reach into his pocket before his next mistake financially is EVEN BIGGER.....before you know it the next EPIC PARTY (which will probably be bigger and better) will leave him $20K or more in debt and he will just figure "hey, my buddies will bail me out".....so really he is spending there money and not his when he "goes hog wild".......my kids do the same thing....when it is Dads money they spend and when it is their money they are a little more careful (my one son when he has to pay you can see the cobwebs come out of his wallet....LOL.....when Dad is paying trust me he keeps spending !!!!

#465 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

One thing I learned from all this is that I'm NOT going to throw an epic party. The best parties are the ones someone else is throwing and your invited to.
    It sure looked like a fun party though.

I hear you. I throw a big party (in fact it is this weekend) each year and every year I ask myself "why did I do it". Me and the wife stress for weeks and Saturday will be nuts and normally 5-10 couples end up spending the night (so the wife makes a big breakfast) and it ends up being fun but every year it grows and grows and there is more food to prepare and things to do. This is for only 75-100 people.....I can't imagine throwing an EPIC party for 1,300 !!! No thank you !!! It is more fun just going to one.....I am sure come Saturday afternoon as Me and the Wife are running around making sure we have plenty of food and "alcoholic beverages" we will be thinking why do this every year. Probably because we have the best equipped house (pinball machines, juke boxes, pool tables, commercial dart board, slots, etc. etc) to do it and everyone expects it every year as it really kicks off boating season (as the following weekend is our Land Cruise which is just a day of driving around on buses and bar hopping) and before you know it the spring has arrived !!!!

#471 10 years ago

Gambit......you are too funny....you have me crying I am laughing so hard !!!! Just wait "something else is coming through".....LOL !!!!!

Thanks for making my day with that post.......I tried to advise Jared he needs to close this thread !!!! It is better then any soap opera on TV !!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.