5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 216 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#179 5 years ago

Well the line ain't movin. So were over at the NyLo hotel bar enjoying ouselves. Better than waiting in line, doin nothin.

IMAG1253.jpg
    #181 5 years ago

8pm and line isn't moving. Turning into Jareds Epic Fail.

[attachment=1475667,]
    #182 5 years ago

I thought I got in early bringing a game? Wtf

IMAG1254.jpg
    #207 5 years ago

I would like to say that I take back my comment saying it was an epic fail while we were outside stuck in the line. I realize events such as this, to this caliber and being a "first" there are going to be problems out of your control.

Jared got on stage between acts and got pelted with nerf bullets and apologized to the crowd for the delays getting in the door. I appreciated that.

As for the event, it was truely epic. We had a blast. The musicalperformers were awesome and they didn't dissapoint. The whole event was eye candy and people watching. Diamond Jim Taylor is an amazing magacian, he did some tricks for us....and I don't know how he did them. I'd love to see him again.

Baby Chino was great too. Such talent for a little 12 year old.

It was nice to finally meet pinsider Fattrain in person...good times.

I took plenty of pics with our camera and ill need to upload them. Until then, here is one near the end of Tone Locs setwhen he invited all the ladies to the stage.

IMAG1257.jpg

#212 5 years ago

My game was played and not abused. No problem that I know of.

Frax your local and should have been there.

Oh but wait you and your wife would rather keep inquiring about the event and bash it. Give it a break dude.
    I would have liked to have seen yall do a better job with an event the size of this. I give props to Jared for actually pulling this off.

Simply put, my wife said to me this morning "i had fun last night."
    Funny being a pinball person, I didn't play one pinball machine last night. I had my fun socializing with friends, people watching, enjoying the music performers, enjoying the magician and most of all boxing with Rusty (cidco) in the oversized boxing gloves arena.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Awkward.
    Anyone get videos of Diamond Jim Tyler?

Well my wife was about to make a vid of one of his tricks, and he turned the trick on her and did a trick where he sucked her phone into a balloon. He was very entertaining.

All in all a great event. I do agree with those that paid for vip and didn't get all they were promised. Heck I remember early when he was requesting games on pinside, Jared stated pins brought will get them VIP status, be there for sound check, meet and greet with the musical performers and that pins would be in one room under tight supervision and that they could be removed today (sunday). Found out yesterday while dropping off my game that I couldn't remove my game today and now I have to leave work early on Monday to remove my pinball from the location. None of those things happened, to which I'm a bit pissed off about but ill get over it. Just note to self that I won't bring a game again at his next event I feel like that bridge has been burned as it wasn't one promise that was broken but several.

#270 5 years ago

Classic Stern wheres the post?

#284 5 years ago

Frax ...let it go.
    You didn't go, you hate Jared ...we get it.

Can't say your high up on my charts either.... "my glass is half empty guy of DFW"

Have you tried Church...it might brighten your day.....just sayin'

#433 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

no issues with that.

not here, I can assure you.

agreed

Not really the issue.

^^^This

^^^This
    There are underlying tones that if you look back through the posts are divided by people that are local and people that are not. Jared is toooooo much in your face with EVERYTHING he does and locally we are just bombarded by it day in and day out (if not literally it sure feels like it). Two words come to mind: Narcissistic and Ingratiation.
    I do not like nor hate Jared...I am Switzerland. I am happy to take his money at a game of the silverball while being antagonistic and condescending at the same time (you know throws your opponent of his game). What I do absolutely loathe is how he has single handedly put a dark cloud over the local DFW pinball community. Yes Jared, like it or not, accept it or not you have. You were offered some advice in Chicago (not by me), something along the lines of "try just being a part OF the party and not always BEING the party". Try it dude, you might like it and I think 90% of us locally would too. I still think he as some strong attributes that could have done a lot for the local pinball scene but sadly I think most bridges around here are busy smoldering.
    Oh and least I not forget that Jared is solely responsible for the fact that EPIC has become a four letter word in the local pinball community here. I cringe every time I hear it, no matter the context.
    Just my opinion...maybe I'm wrong.

What he said. Not to say i haven't given this advice to him as well. It has rolled in one ear and out the other.

#435 5 years ago

The nature of the problem is the over the top self promoting. Thats what grates on everyone.

I remember vividly hearing at the Epic (Blah im sick of that word) party over the microphone, jared come on the mic and say something to the extent of "ive got an announcement to make about the Buckner home for children"
    I then heard someone jokingly complete the sentence "were changing the name to Jareds home for children"

I about busted a gut.......it was hillarious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 219.99
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 199.99
    $ 132.00
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside