Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quiddity wins the not so coveted "dick of the day" award.

What the f--k ever. It's not like we're local to him or anything. Or have seen firsthand the mistakes and mishandling he has done with other events, and his own business, that lead to epic lulz for anyone on the sideline. It's not like we have accounts from several different people and businesses that have had odd or otherwise bad experiences with Jared. And this isn't the first time "charity" has been invoked for him to gather money for yet another item he doesn't want to pay for out of pocket, and then nothing goes to charity at all, aside from some pizzas to some homeless guys (which wasn't charity as much as it was a PR stunt...since Jared also crowdtilted the PALTRY HUNDRED DOLLARS to get news coverage of it that he wanted them to pull!).

I hope it goes well, but only on behalf of the Pinsiders attending. Couldn't care less how much money Jared stands to lose at this point. He overspent on his last big shindig, his own fault. Appears he did the same again. It's okay...he'll just crowdsource the loss. Seems to work great, he recently got a free car engine too from what I've seen.

There's two sides to every coin, and rarely do you see the other side when it's lying flat.

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Yup, I agree with Frax...Jared ROCKS!

That's not what I said. At all. Reading comprehension is a vital skill....

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

small planets that orbit them

Can only imagine the size of your arse then...

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just didn't think it was cool to bust someones balls who is trying hard to do something neat like this.

Your opinion that you're entitled to, just as we are to ours based on OUR experiences with Jared. Nothing more, nothing less.

Glad ya had fun TL.

#209 10 years ago

How did the games in the game area get treated, Craig? Getting conflicting reports off facebook and there's apparently been a lot of comments deleted off their facebook page, along with Brandon running around brushing off any kind of negative feedback, talking down to people like they're toddlers and he's their parent. Hard to make sense of all the gibberish that's coming in my email box.

#214 10 years ago

I've got a big long response for that, but I feel like I'd just be wasting my time. We both hate each other's guts, don't think that's about to change...why should I bother posting it. I don't like Jared's attitude, and certainly not his methods of putting on events and asking the public to give him lots of free things. I didn't ask about the acts, because I don't care. I asked about the games, because that's what I care about. Sorry for being interested in finding out if anyone's games were damaged or not. There were some reports that some of the games had gotten beaten up on facebook and I wanted to know if they were true or not.

Glad you had a good time.

#220 10 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up, Marcus.

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

You sound like a real hit at parties.

Oh wait... you don't go to parties.

Yeah, sorry. Never been much for the drunken idiot frat boy crowd. I had my fill of that at the UTD Dorms with all the potheads back in the day. Never went to a party that cost me 100 bucks to get in the door, that's for sure.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Well my wife was about to make a vid of one of his tricks, and he turned the trick on her and did a trick where he sucked her phone into a balloon.

That's kind of crazy. Too bad her phone wasn't already recording at the time it happened.

#239 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

Nobody remembers how much something cost years later. The only thing that is remembered is how good something was and 100 bucks isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, you are just trying to dig up things to complain about for a party you never went to.

Good for them. I don't tend to get drunk enough for that to happen.

I'm not trying to dig anything up. If I want dirt, there's more than enough to go around on Facebook. I'm part of the local groups that got bombed with requests to bring games. I took a game to Jared's prior event, but it was not of this magnitude. It was 100 people, not ten times+ that. It was a controlled environment of people that are familiar with the courtesy that we generally extend to other people's games. This wasn't. Knowing how they were treated MIGHT have a bearing on if I was to volunteer up one of my games in the event that Jared DOES do an event where I feel like it's worth my time/risk to attend....so whatever. You want to blindly throw your games to the wolves, be my guest.

If I hadn't been able to remove my game when they said I could, I'd be screwed bigtime. My employer doesn't let people take days off 'just because'.

#242 10 years ago

Heh. "Jared's Epic Mens Room". Gotta love the Observer.

#251 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

That review mentions there was a monkey. Miki must have stuck it to PETA and showed up anyway.

lol, see this is why I'm asking questions... there was all kinds of ridiculous crap on facebook from "the monkey bit someone" to "who got shot?". There's no way to sort through that garbage and get any actual information.

#263 10 years ago

Good grief. I'm just gonna give Fattrain 10 bucks towards going to any event I'd have to take a game to to get in for "free". Apparently, he walks around with a camcorder strapped to his head.

#274 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like that is his MO???
    He is likely busy with interviews at marketing companies.

Updating his profile to claim he's a movie star.....

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

you sound frustrated? The wife not doing her job??

Did it pretty damn well last night. Got any other straw man arguments?

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

nope, im a straw man its all ive got.

Just checking.

#280 10 years ago

Some things you can't just make up.

image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg
    #285 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Have you tried Church...it might brighten your day.....just sayin'

Yeah, I love Red vs. Blue. Church is hilarious.

#311 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Yes, how could an average person be expected to go 4 hours on only 600 food calories and 2000 drink calories? Someone think of the poor, starving Dallasites!
    I live here. Ain't nobody in that place close to starving.

Bloody ----- this is the truest thing that's ever been said on this thread.

And I'm fat.

#340 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I would like to see one post or statement that didn't self-promote, self-congratulate, make reference to the EPIC-ness of something, or otherwise comment on how awesome you, your Facebook friend total, or something else about you is. Such humble brag. Such look at me. It becomes grating on the nerves.

Add "Don't donate to your own crowdtilt pity party if you really feel THAT bad about it."

Sounds to me like if there had been actual contracts in place with these performers you wouldn't have had nearly as many issues money or otherwise. That sucks....but that's also the nature of crowdsourcing and why using it to do things of this nature is just a horrible idea. You're under an self-induced timeline to make things happen, but that also places a massive burden on things to get done quickly. It's not like you would've had the option to reschedule the thing after selling all those tickets.

Hopefully if you do another one of these, once you get everyone paid, you'll have the leverage NOW to say "Okay, look. We really had a blast last time, but we had some issues. Here's the contract, here's what I need from you to resolve these issues, what's your price? We're not going to play around with all this BS of changing riders and comps at the last minute, and I need to know what you want UP FRONT." So there's at least a positive on that front.

#347 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

You're getting soft. I like the back handed compliments better, more entertaining.

Oh, I have something I'm working on that I think you'll like.

#377 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Rec.Games.Pinside

Okay, I wasn't going to post anything else, but this is seriously the funniest post of the thread aside from "Dick of the Day"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.