6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 216 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

TPF slam. Uncool.

Not at all! I would never slam them! Please don't put words in my mouth, Marc with a C.

#402 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Not at all! I would never slam them! Please don't put words in my mouth, Marc with a C.

Well, you should explain then because I'm not the only one that thought it I'm just the only one that wrote it. Perception is more powerful than the truth sometimes.

Who are these "Other's" you speak of? Because it came off as a slam no matter who you were referencing.

#403 5 years ago

OK, I'm starting to get this - that "Watch me feed the homeless" video (with soundtrack) was too much for me! - couldn't make it through...

Glad to hear the party was generally a success...

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Jesus. There's nothing shady going on.

I am offended by you using the Lords name in vain. I thought you were a Christian man?

#405 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Well, you should explain then because I'm not the only one that thought it I'm just the only one that wrote it. Perception is more powerful than the truth sometimes.
    Who are these "Other's" you speak of? Because it came off as a slam no matter who you were referencing.

I'm in bed now so I won't be able to do a full featured response until 9am...

But the comment was "you are just using other people machines to get what you want" or something like that (sorry on my phone).

My point is, "getting people to bring their machines" is a staple need for any gaming event. From a party, to a expo, to a festival or anything in between. Non profit, not for profit, for profit, incorporated... They all need games to function.. And depend on the people to provide.

It's up to the individual owners to decide if what is being traded in exchange is worthy of the time and effort to haul and setup a pin , but generally speaking it's always worth it. Typically.

So for someone to take a dig on me for using "others machines" to out on event... For free... Seems silly to me when there are people around the nation to do the same thing... As a business. AND THATS NOT A SLAM. There is nothing wrong with the pinball event business! I love it!! I want to be a part of it! I want every pinball show to grow and for this amazing hobby to spread like wildfire!!!

I simply mean, that as someone who personally seeks to do pinball related events just for the love of pinball, I wouldn't expect to get so much flack from the people whom I intend to benefit from the events. That's all.

TPF is the best pinball event on the planet. Never, ever, ever would I slam them!

#406 5 years ago
    Quoted from justjoe13:

I am offended by you using the Lords name in vain. I thought you were a Christian man?

I am. And I have lost my temper. The trolls are winning and my patience is slipping. They are getting closer to achieve king their goal.

#407 5 years ago

hmmm...

i think it may be in everyone's best interest to close this thread.

...just saying.

#408 5 years ago

I can help jog your memory.

Quoted from Jared:

I'm not the devil. I have never profited a cent off a pinball event! Others do... (And there is nothing worn with that) ((and they use your games to do it)) (((and there is nothing wrong with that))). But I haven't.

You say you are not the DEVIL (your word)... because you have not profited from an event. You then say "Others do..." thus insinuating that because they do profit from an event they are the DEVIL (your word).

You then reaffirm that you are not those "others" by again saying you haven't.

Who are these DEVILish Others?

#409 5 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

hmmm...
    i think it may be in everyone's best interest to close this thread.
    ...just saying.

Couldn't agree more this thread needs to be closed before we have a "shoot out at the OK corral down there in Texas". Lots of hard feelings down there in Texas !!!! Probably some truth to both sides of the story (normally there is with these type of disagreements and nobody is ever 100% right or wrong)......HOWEVER, I still have to give Jared credit for throwing ONE ROCKIN PARTY (the kid can throw a party...can't take that away from him !!!). As for the overspending......truly, it is unfortunate but the only way to learn a good lesson is to have him pay for it.....my dad always taught me that and if people continually bail him out he will never learn how to budget and be responsible with the money. He was the one that went over budget so unfortunately he has to deal with it......nobody forced him to spend the money and this will be a good life lesson for him even though it will be painful...."no pain no gain".

Problem with this is truly nobody but Jared really knows "the books" about this party. I am going under the assumption he lost $9K based on his last update.....hopefully, he is telling the truth as it would be awful if he is raising more money if he didn't incur a loss (nobody will ever know for sure as there are "too many moving parts".....you guys know him better then I do.....all I know is based on the pictures, videos and comments of a few pinsiders he can throw one hell of a party !!!!

#411 5 years ago

No one!

My "devil" comment was meant for the novel of CSI research intent on presenting me as a snakeoil salesman.

My point was, if I was taking advantage of people by lying to them (I'm not) then why would I keep doing it for no monetary gain?

You assuming that I am painting the pinball event organizers industry with a broad brush is an assumption taken out of context by the framing of my paragraph. Literally, you are a grown man Marc who is at home right now while his wife is asleep refreshing a pinball forum constantly to see if anything else entertaining has happened for you to put your two cents in on. You love it. You love making me uncomfortable. You keep refreshing.. Waiting... Pushing.

I am event organizer... I know what it takes. I'm not going to trash talk any pinball event creator... Large or small... They are all awesome and they all deserve the support of the pinball community!

#412 5 years ago

Train_Wreck_1922-970.jpg
    #413 5 years ago

Why don't you negative c#nts from TX throw a party and see how it compares?!

Bunch of f#cking whiny losers IMHO.

Probably the same douchebags that take to Facebook and Twitter to scream at pro athletes, etc.

Bunch of little girls.

Jared, congrats on your party. The videos and pictures look great. Also thanks for telling your side of the story.

#414 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Literally, you are a grown man Marc who is at home right now while his wife is asleep refreshing a pinball forum constantly to see if anything else entertaining has happened for you to put your two cents in on.

Actually I am in the garage with Pandora playing in the background working on pinball machines getting ready for TPF. My wife on the other hand (which is unappreciated mention. this has been a fairly spirited yet civil debate, let's not go down other paths that will degrade quickly. remember the buttons we've spoke of? you are about to find one.) is wide awake watching some Sci-Fi thing happy I'm not bugging her.

Quoted from Jared:

You love it. You love making me uncomfortable. You keep refreshing.. Waiting... Pushing.

This is a true statement.

#415 5 years ago

Comment redacted- but please donate to help Python Angelo

#416 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Wowee.... This went all sorts of bad, and now theres a fundraiser to help pay for the party that already happened? Thats bizarre. It was a concert, if you mismanaged it thats on you. I am going to go donate to Python Angelo who has health problems now.

I agree, it's 100% on me. Hence selling 6 of my games and several of my collectibles to help cover costs. I never asked for help. They did that on their own man. I even told them not to.

#417 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I agree, it's 100% on me. Hence selling 6 of my games and several of my collectibles to help cover costs. I never asked for help. They did that on their own man. I even told them not to.

Ok, in that case I take back my statement, I will delete it and please accept my apology. Thats nice of your friends to do.

#418 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Jared.....just one question that I don't understand. Why do you have to sell anything ? I am sure they aren't taking IOU's as I would think everyone wanted their money upfront or ASAP.....just a question as I am sure Vanilla Ice, Tone Loc, etc. didn't do this without being paid or the pizza place delivered pizza without being paid, etc. etc.....just a question because that doesn't make sense to be honest. Unless in Texas they take IOU's but they don't up here in MD....you pay upfront.

#419 5 years ago

You keep calling yourself an event organizer and concert promoter now. Well, move over Sid Berstein. Perhaps you could hire an event coordinator or concert promoter for your next event, and you could actually have the money you marketed on donating to charity? Or at least could break even and not have to source $6K from the pinball community that you already marketed and took $$$ from.

Quoted from Jared:

You told them not to, and then five minutes later said "I am not even putting this on my Facebook timeline, where 55,000 people could see it. LOL." What a swell guy. You knew damned well that you would be bailed out on this. Those machines were thrown on a list on your FB page, buried under a litany of self-congratulating posts about what a national news celebrity you were and 400,000 pictures you hired a guy to take of the party. No one saw it. They aren't on Craigslist or on here. You knew you did not have to sell those to make it up, because you get bailed out on this stuff. And that is fine. It is just the fake humble brag, aw shucks BS that is so irritating.

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Why don't you negative c#nts from TX throw a party and see how it compares?

www.texaspinballfestival.com

There will be a decided lack of old rappers, monkeys, movie cars and underage DJs. But your price of admission will get you what is promoted and promised. And you would have every imaginable convenience to accommodate your helping out, if you wish. Plus, act now, and you won't be asked to chip in a dime to pay for the stuff on the Monday after!

#421 5 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Jared.....just one question that I don't understand. Why do you have to sell anything ? I am sure they aren't taking IOU's as I would think everyone wanted their money upfront or ASAP.....just a question as I am sure Vanilla Ice, Tone Loc, etc. didn't do this without being paid or the pizza place delivered pizza without being paid, etc. etc.....just a question because that doesn't make sense to be honest. Unless in Texas they take IOU's but they don't up here in MD....you pay upfront.

Well, it seems like I am suffering from Oradat Syndrome and cant stop refreshing the forum. This post got me out of bed and back into the office because it would take me 10x longer do type this with my hands.

Here is what I still owe:
    -Burton Gilliam $1000
    -Pizza - $1200
    -Partners in Kryme $500
    -Digital Video Screen $4000
    -Event Venue $9400

I of course paid 50% down for everything (except the pizza and the video screen) and the vast majority of the bills were paid in advance of the party or AT the party itself.

Burton and PIK both left the party before I could get to them. The pizza was supplied by a family friend (discount!) and they delivered with no deposit. They have also offered payment arrangements. The video screen has not been paid yet because they need a check and the money is in paypal, and the venue is the final bill which they had to get tallys from the green rooms and equipment rentals to get me to an exact figure.

I have approx $6200 in the party account and $900 cash on hand to pay all of these bills with. So... I messed up... I spend too much... or didnt leave enough... whatever. The goal was to end up at $0.

So, I put up a post on facebook to sell enough stuff to cover most of it, and then I would just eat the rest from savings.

From friends of mine saw me doing this, and decided to crowdfund help for me... using the same site I used to make the party possible. This was not my idea, and does not have my endorsement. I have not posted it to my page. I am embarrassed by it.

I learned a lot... and it wont happen again. I just put "too much epic" into one party. Its my fault. No-one elses.

#422 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

You keep calling yourself an event organizer and concert promoter now. Well, move over Sid Berstein. Perhaps you could hire an event coordinator or concert promoter for your next event, and you could actually have the money you marketed on donating to charity? Or at least could break even and not have to source $6K from the pinball community that you already marketed and took $$$ from. .

Coordinator yes... promoter... no. Where in this event did I ever claim to donate money to charity dude? Dont put words in my mouth. I said this party was not for profit. That's 100% true.

Dont say I sm sourcing $6k from the pinball community. I am not sourcing a cent. Some other dudes are... and they are doing on their own, without my assistance... on facebook exclusively.

Stop it.

#423 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

http://www.texaspinballfestival.com
    There will be a decided lack of old rappers, monkeys, movie cars and underage DJs. But your price of admission will get you what is promoted and promised. And you would have every imaginable convenience to accommodate your helping out, if you wish. Plus, act now, and you won't be asked to chip in a dime to pay for the stuff on the Monday after!

The organizers of that event are a well oiled machine with a team of experienced veterans.

I put my event together from a facebook post and a long shot crowdsourcing page. Its not even apples and oranges. Its like rasberrys and potatoes.

You are right... TPF is awesome... and wont have any problems. Leave them out of this.

I never asked anyone to "chip in" anything dude. Others did that on their own.

#424 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Well, it seems like I am suffering from Oradat Syndrome and cant stop refreshing the forum. This post got me out of bed and back into the office because it would take me 10x longer do type this with my hands.
    Here is what I still owe:
    -Burton Gilliam $1000
    -Pizza - $1200
    -Partners in Kryme $500
    -Digital Video Screen $4000
    -Event Venue $9400
    I of course paid 50% down for everything (except the pizza and the video screen) and the vast majority of the bills were paid in advance of the party or AT the party itself.
    Burton and PIK both left the party before I could get to them. The pizza was supplied by a family friend (discount!) and they delivered with no deposit. They have also offered payment arrangements. The video screen has not been paid yet because they need a check and the money is in paypal, and the venue is the final bill which they had to get tallys from the green rooms and equipment rentals to get me to an exact figure.
    I have approx $6200 in the party account and $900 cash on hand to pay all of these bills with. So... I messed up... I spend too much... or didnt leave enough... whatever. The goal was to end up at $0.
    So, I put up a post on facebook to sell enough stuff to cover most of it, and then I would just eat the rest from savings.
    From friends of mine saw me doing this, and decided to crowdfund help for me... using the same site I used to make the party possible. This was not my idea, and does not have my endorsement. I have not posted it to my page. I am embarrassed by it.
    I learned a lot... and it wont happen again. I just put "too much epic" into one party. Its my fault. No-one elses.

By my account you lost approximately $10K then.......I keep seeing the $6K figure that you lost and earlier I thought you said you lost a few thousand (however, I can't be sure I read that but I thought that was your figure). However, your bills are $16,100 and you have $6,200 in the party account so you lost $9,900. WOW !!!! Truly, it could have been worse and you really need to be careful as this loss could have been $20K....seems you lost total track and underestimated expenses as well....plus, hopefully there aren't any bills you forgot.....again, not good and an expensive lesson. I am calling it a night.......thanks for helping to clarify.....that really was an epic party !!!! I can assure you if I lost $10K it would have been a night my wife would not let me forget....LOL !!!!

#425 5 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

By my account you lost approximately $10K then.......I keep seeing the $6K figure that you lost and earlier I thought you said you lost a few thousand (however, I can't be sure I read that but I thought that was your figure). However, your bills are $16,100 and you have $6,200 in the party account so you lost $9,900. WOW !!!! Truly, it could have been worse and you really need to be careful as this loss could have been $20K....seems you lost total track and underestimated expenses as well....plus, hopefully there aren't any bills you forgot.....again, not good and an expensive lesson. I am calling it a night.......thanks for helping to clarify.....that really was an epic party !!!! I can assure you if I lost $10K it would have been a night my wife would not let me forget....LOL !!!!

Its true... I lost $9050. And no... not even the people trying to get me to $6,000 know that. No, I wont tell them. Its not their problem... or burden.

I will get past it. I am not a poor person... and I can make up the difference if I hustle. Gilleys has agreed to let me make payments if needed. I am totally prepared to sell off things and live lightly for a while to get this handled. Those guys online are doing what they are doing on their own.

All that I really care about at this point is that my bonehead budgeting does not affect my innocent wife. She of all people does not deserve anymore stress over this ordeal.

Still, the life experience I get from this... the things I learned and saw... you can only gain them by doing it. They cant really be bought. I will be stronger as a result.

#426 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Its true... I lost $9050. And no... not even the people trying to get me to $6,000 know that. No, I wont tell them. Its not their problem... or burden.
    I will get past it. I am not a poor person... and I can make up the difference if I hustle. Gilleys has agreed to let me make payments if needed. I am totally prepared to sell off things and live lightly for a while to get this handled. Those guys online are doing what they are doing on their own.
    All that I really care about at this point is that my bonehead budgeting does not affect my innocent wife. She of all people does not deserve anymore stress over this ordeal.
    Still, the life experience I get from this... the things I learned and saw... you can only gain them by doing it. They cant really be bought. I will be stronger as a result.

Good luck to you.....be more careful next time. Always leave a "cushion" so this can't happen again as $9K is too much to spend unless you truly have "money to burn" and not too many 30 year olds can blow $9K on a party (well I couldn't when I was 30).

Get some sleep.....you need to make some money tomorrow !!!! Great pictures of a truly EPIC and EXPENSIVE PARTY.....bring the next one to the East Coast and I will be there with my wife as the party was awesome !!!!

#427 5 years ago

4O1A2199.jpg4O1A2426.jpg4O1A2824.jpg4O1A2877.jpg4O1A2905.jpg4O1A3015.jpg4O1A3362.jpg4O1A3375.jpg4O1A3382.jpg4O1A3402.jpg4O1A3417.jpg4O1A3467.jpg4O1A3483.jpg4O1A3489.jpg4O1A3506.jpg4O1A3634.jpg4O1A3671.jpg4O1A3729.jpg4O1A3735.jpg4O1A3794.jpg4O1A3799.jpg4O1A3810.jpg4O1A3933.jpg4O1A3998.jpg4O1A4101.jpg4O1A4138.jpg4O1A4156.jpg4O1A4163.jpg4O1A4205.jpg4O1A4237.jpg4O1A4266.jpg4O1A4355.jpg4O1A4465.jpg4O1A4511.jpg4O1A4528.jpg4O1A4534.jpg4O1A4579.jpg4O1A4670.jpg4O1A4700.jpg4O1A4784.jpg

#428 5 years ago

4O1A4883.jpg4O1A4886.jpg4O1A4887.jpg4O1A4903.jpg4O1A4908.jpg4O1A4912.jpg4O1A4916.jpg4O1A4919.jpg4O1A4922.jpg4O1A4929.jpg4O1A4933.jpg4O1A4941.jpg4O1A4949.jpg4O1A4952.jpg4O1A4956.jpg4O1A4960.jpg4O1A4968.jpg4O1A4987.jpg4O1A4989.jpg4O1A4992.jpg4O1A5003.jpg4O1A5008.jpg4O1A5012.jpg4O1A5016.jpg4O1A5024.jpg4O1A5028.jpg4O1A5043.jpg4O1A5058.jpg4O1A5066.jpg4O1A5071.jpg4O1A5082.jpg4O1A5087.jpg4O1A5092.jpg4O1A5099.jpg4O1A5110.jpg4O1A5115.jpg4O1A5138.jpg4O1A5141.jpg4O1A5157.jpg4O1A5159.jpg4O1A5166.jpg4O1A5170.jpg4O1A5175.jpg4O1A5180.jpg4O1A5183.jpg4O1A5185.jpg4O1A5196.jpg4O1A5207.jpg4O1A5211.jpg4O1A5221.jpg4O1A5223.jpg4O1A5228.jpg4O1A5233.jpg

#429 5 years ago

4O1A5253.jpg4O1A5253.jpg4O1A5294.jpg4O1A5319.jpg4O1A5343.jpg4O1A5487.jpg4O1A5530.jpg4O1A5563.jpg4O1A5597.jpg4O1A5613.jpg4O1A5674.jpg4O1A5793.jpg4O1A5796.jpg4O1A5907.jpg4O1A5914.jpg4O1A5916.jpg4O1A5942.jpg4O1A5956.jpg4O1A6036.jpg4O1A6076.jpg4O1A6111.jpg4O1A6123.jpg4O1A6153.jpg4O1A6154.jpg4O1A6162.jpg4O1A6174.jpg4O1A6190.jpg4O1A6207.jpg4O1A6229.jpg4O1A6234.jpg4O1A6242.jpg4O1A6250.jpg4O1A6262.jpg4O1A6345.jpg4O1A6357.jpg4O1A6377.jpg4O1A6380.jpg4O1A6388.jpg4O1A6405.jpg4O1A6409.jpg4O1A6498.jpg4O1A6504.jpg

#430 5 years ago

4O1A6528.jpg4O1A6549.jpg4O1A6560.jpg4O1A6566.jpg4O1A6580.jpg4O1A6602.jpg4O1A6647.jpg4O1A6653.jpg4O1A6664.jpg4O1A6713.jpg4O1A6728.jpg4O1A6750.jpg4O1A6755.jpg4O1A6763.jpg4O1A6766.jpg4O1A6773.jpg4O1A6776.jpg4O1A6781.jpg4O1A6785.jpg4O1A6788.jpg4O1A6811.jpg4O1A6814.jpg4O1A6817.jpg4O1A6843.jpg4O1A6915.jpg4O1A6941.jpg4O1A6996.jpg4O1A7015.jpg4O1A7038.jpg4O1A7059.jpg4O1A7060.jpg4O1A7082.jpg4O1A7092.jpg4O1A7099.jpg4O1A7109.jpg

#431 5 years ago

You need to conform son. Next time remember to run things by the texas pinball illuminati before you try this shit again boy. Plebs gonna pleb.

#432 5 years ago

Damn. That blue Power Ranger has a really long neck.

#433 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

no issues with that.

not here, I can assure you.

agreed

Not really the issue.

^^^This

^^^This
    There are underlying tones that if you look back through the posts are divided by people that are local and people that are not. Jared is toooooo much in your face with EVERYTHING he does and locally we are just bombarded by it day in and day out (if not literally it sure feels like it). Two words come to mind: Narcissistic and Ingratiation.
    I do not like nor hate Jared...I am Switzerland. I am happy to take his money at a game of the silverball while being antagonistic and condescending at the same time (you know throws your opponent of his game). What I do absolutely loathe is how he has single handedly put a dark cloud over the local DFW pinball community. Yes Jared, like it or not, accept it or not you have. You were offered some advice in Chicago (not by me), something along the lines of "try just being a part OF the party and not always BEING the party". Try it dude, you might like it and I think 90% of us locally would too. I still think he as some strong attributes that could have done a lot for the local pinball scene but sadly I think most bridges around here are busy smoldering.
    Oh and least I not forget that Jared is solely responsible for the fact that EPIC has become a four letter word in the local pinball community here. I cringe every time I hear it, no matter the context.
    Just my opinion...maybe I'm wrong.

What he said. Not to say i haven't given this advice to him as well. It has rolled in one ear and out the other.

#434 5 years ago

As an event coordinator and talent booker should I have stepped in and said something? I worked at comedy clubs and theater promoting for 10 years. I saw this thread day one but never said anything because it looked like a big self promotion. It was called "Jared's" Epic Party right?

Issues with event
    #1 contracts or riders protecting the event and investors
    #2 no door deals? (Probably no booker would consider due to self promotion event)
    #3 did you take bids on sponsers and vendors?
    #4 were sponsors not there because it was a self promotion event?
    #5 too too many paid talents (I use the word talent loosely)

#435 5 years ago

The nature of the problem is the over the top self promoting. Thats what grates on everyone.

I remember vividly hearing at the Epic (Blah im sick of that word) party over the microphone, jared come on the mic and say something to the extent of "ive got an announcement to make about the Buckner home for children"
    I then heard someone jokingly complete the sentence "were changing the name to Jareds home for children"

I about busted a gut.......it was hillarious.

#436 5 years ago

Wow, those pictures are awesome! I could have figured out how to have fun there!

#437 5 years ago

Darn, I just got a bill from the concert promoter for the ACDC concert I went to at Reunion Arena in Dallas in 1983. It turns out he can't budget either, so he'd like me to pay an additional $10 for my ticket since it was a really good show. I better send it immediately , as he can't be expected to be responsible with other people's money and he can always count on others to bail him out so he never has to deal with consequences ( sounds like my kids)

#438 5 years ago

after reading this complete thread...it got me thinking about this song

#439 5 years ago

As an original contributor to this party in the beginning I was excited at first. All I wanted was Vanilla Ice and the TMNT. That was what was originally set up. And an arcade with pinballs. Thats it. That would have been good enough for me and thats why I contributed to go at first. Then as the months went on, more stuff was added with more music acts and more "features". It quickly became obvious that this was going to be TOO MUCH and be a cluster. And it was. Doors didn't even open on time and was blamed on Vanilla Ice taking too long at sound check. The free pizza was cold and ran out. It was just too over the top and too much crap was piled on as the months went on. Friends and I that went got extremely tired of all the stuff thrown on top of the original idea. I posted what I thought on FB after the event only to be attacked by some guy that is obviously good friends with Jared. That guy single handedly re-affirmed my decision to never give money for anything Jared does again. And also, the other guy Brandon helping Jared do this is a total a-hole. He was trashing a sponsor of the event the day after and also giving EVERYONE who had a negative review a hard time and just being an a-hole. Not someone I would want to associate my events with. I would also tell my friends and family to not talk to anyone who gave their opinion on the party. I know you mean well (it seems). But, if you would have just left it at the original goal and the original party instead of inviting too many people and adding on crap like power rangers, rob base, humpty hump dude and Burton Gilliam?? It was really way over the top and sucks that you apparently went over 90k, how thats even possible I don't know. At any rate, it looks like you have your friends bailing you out with their fund set up and I'm sure you will do this again.

#440 5 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Darn, I just got a bill from the concert promoter for the ACDC concert I went to at Reunion Arena in Dallas in 1983. It turns out he can't budget either, so he'd like me to pay an additional $10 for my ticket since it was a really good show. I better send it immediately , as he can't be expected to be responsible with other people's money and he can always count on others to bail him out so he never has to deal with consequences ( sounds like my kids)

LOL.....that was really funny. I have 5 kids and don't get me started on "not dealing with consequences" as I would say 99% of the fights between myself and my spouse are over "kid issues" as I get so tired of the "we are owed mentality of this generation". I love my kids and want to give them a lot but there is a limit and as I try to tell my wife "we aren't helping them by always giving them money". You buy them a $10K vehicle and all you hear is "my friends dad bought her a brand new car" it truly is never enough and they truly feel "entitled". All the money they make working they want to spend on themselves as well......forget about paying for 1/4 or 1/3 of their car insurance (like I did as a kid) that is suppose to be "our expense"....don't even get me started on this generation......funny thing is I have great kids who never get in trouble so I "just fork over the bucks" rather then fight with the wife !!!! I can't wait until they have kids and they have to do the same thing.....I hope I live that long so I can laugh when they complain about their kids.....as they say "payback is a BIT**". Can't wait to watch them put their kids through college.....however, with this generation I might hear "hey, you had us so you need to put our kids through as well"....wouldn't surprise me !!!

Times like this I feel old....probably because I am 52 in 9 days......I better calm down before the wife gets home or it will be another fight about the kids not being responsible.....LOL !!!! Not worth fighting about it is just the way it is with the kids around my area (parents spoiled them rotten).

#441 5 years ago

The cool kids just don't like you bro. Pinball guys give white people a bad reputation. Guy puts on a massive shin dig that ends up costing him a couple'o' bucket of clams and his mates rally round to get him out of the stink hole, how is this a problem?

sure he's a little bit too much at times but at least there's something of su stance to complain about. Jared old mate if you ever get to Adelaide pins, beet and the knock shop are on me.

#442 5 years ago

Wow! Great photos! Love the one with you and Ice! From those pix, the Party did indeed look Epic! Congrats!

#443 5 years ago

I had fun at the party; I am in some of those pictures right up at the front against the stage. It did turn into Jared's Epic Line for a lot of it and things could have been organized better but meh, it was still an awesome party. The thing I am bummed about is not getting Vanilla Ice's autograph on my To The Extreme 12" vinyl that I had to carry around the entire party.

I think if the party was an all day sort of festival event, it would have went over a lot better. There was just no time to experience everything without missing any of the music performances. Jared did let me come in in the afternoon to play some pinball but I had to leave for the VIP pizza party (which again could have been more organized).

#444 5 years ago

The one thing I'm taking out of this is that Digital Underground is still available for parties.

#445 5 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

The one thing I'm taking out of this is that Digital Underground is still available for parties.

I wish they did more Digital Underground music and not their new Shock G3 Trio stuff that put everyone to sleep.

#446 5 years ago

Can this thread be un-stickied now?

#447 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Can this thread be un-stickied now?

what coolio said to yo momma.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

You need to conform son. Next time remember to run things by the texas pinball illuminati before you try this shit again boy. Plebs gonna pleb.

Well, we just know Jared from here(Dallas) already, since hes only been in the "pinball/arcade world" for just over a year or two. We know him because he likes HIM! If he was just himself rather than pushing himself onto people, the community, then maybe we would have sympathisized with him and liked him for that reason....but we don't know any difference. But notoriety is what he wanted, well he got it! BUT it comes with it's own pros and cons I believe.

My first run-in with Jared was that he wanted to buy an arcade game(maybe pinball, can't really remember) from me a year and a half ago. I posted prices to a local group via email prior to posting pix of games I was selling(probably 10 total). Several people wanted one game in particular game he wanted also and I think he was even 4th or 5th in line via emails. Someone said they would take it, site unseen, so it's sold! I swear, I got several rash, sarcastic, ugly emails telling me what a piece of shit I was for not holding it for him(who I've never met either mind you), and later found out who he was real quick. My last email just said, "Do not ask to buy anything again from me please cause I will not sell you anything". He just wouldn't let it go, but I ignored. VERY VERY $HITTY

Anyway, it sure sounds like the party was pretty cool(can't stand "Epic" either especially used on my own event) but I wasn't about to dish money for him just because our first interaction didn't work so well haha. Although I'm glad everything went fairly well and pinsiders had a good time.That had to be a hell of a lot of work and congrats on a good show! Every concert I think I've ever been to was late, overcrowed, people pissed, whatever. You did pull it off though...kuddos!

Jared, noone would have cared if you made money on the deal....hell I would if did it(at least a little)
    But that's why everyone is calling BS.

Just be honest! If you are, plus are in debt from this or whatever, then maybe you want notoriety too much and now both are your problem!

Just my 2 cents....

#449 5 years ago

Let's not forget Jared's introduction to the group that included posts like these:

January 22 2013 - Jared Guynes:
    "$450 a fair deal? Could I make any money flipping? Not sure if worth it? Please advise. Maybe I will like owning it?"

February 21 2013 - Jared Guynes:
    "Man... I really like GOOD DEALS... and I also really like ALL OF YOU... but I kinda feel like if any of you saw a good deal that I might want before I saw it... you would TAKE IT... lol.

Thats the only thing I dont like about this hobby so far.

People are all about steals, good deals... flipping... cashing out... upgrading...

And casual players like me get the cold shoulder. We gotta pay FUN or PINBALLZ 300% more than you did because we didn't get the jump.

Yeah, im butthurt. lol."

Not too long after that, guess who started flipping machines (including one that he very publicly got after it had been stolen from another local ((who knew about the transaction and gave it his public blessing)) http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-bought-a-stolen-rollergames-pinball for $150, and another very public pickup of a Maverick for $1200 that he listed on Craigslist after Epic Party #1 for $2100)?

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

And casual players like me get the cold shoulder. We gotta pay FUN or PINBALLZ 300% more than you did because we didn't get the jump.

Hmmm....guess who is now doing marketing for FUN!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 224.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 51.45
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 137.00
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside