Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 10 years ago

Haha looks awesome!
    Thanks for the pics Jared
    Videos were awesome as well train.
    Sad I missed it, maybe the next one?!

#302 10 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

wow awesome pics man! and you did a great job!! I really hope I can make the next one!!! looks to be everything and more, EPIC!

Thanks. No plans for #2 yet, but that seems to be big request from people online. We will see. For now I want to focus on analyzing what I did right, wrong, and what I can change in the future. It was a super fun event, but I am a pretty critical person of myself. I could have done better. Some small changes... and this would have really been over the top. I still got more in the tank... I could do better...

For now I rest... and think.

#304 10 years ago

You only planned for one slice of pizza per person? People must have been starving by the end of the night.

#305 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

We will see. For now I want to focus on analyzing what I did right, wrong, and what I can change in the future.

How about this:

Jared's Epic Party Remix 2014 now with more Pizza Power!

#306 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

You only planned for one slice of pizza per person? People must have been starving by the end of the night.

The little lights aren't twinkling Clark.

#307 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

The little lights aren't twinkling Clark.

Good one.

#308 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes, how could an average person be expected to go 4 hours on only 600 food calories and 2000 drink calories? Someone think of the poor, starving Dallasites!

I live here. Ain't nobody in that place close to starving.

#309 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I actually planned for 2 slices per person, but the parking situation caused one of my vendors to bail, charge me $1000 and then not give me any pizza. Bummer. Lesson learned.

#310 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Yes, how could an average person be expected to go 4 hours on only 600 food calories and 2000 drink calories? Someone think of the poor, starving Dallasites!

I thought it was around 8 hours. Hopefully people ate before coming, but if its advertised as a pizza party one might expect more than one slice. But I wasn't speaking about the people that got a slice, I was talking about all those that didn't because as Jared said, people were piling on the slices on their plates.

#311 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Bloody ----- this is the truest thing that's ever been said on this thread.

And I'm fat.

#312 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I actually planned for 2 slices per person, but the parking situation caused one of my vendors to bail, charge me $1000 and then not give me any pizza. Bummer. Lesson learned.

You should have directed that vendor to the amishrakefighting.org/gfy site. (NSFW)

Especially since they did not provide the pizza.

Marcus

#313 10 years ago

*Tickets redeemable for slices would have remedied the problem. 1300 people X 2 slices = 2600 sliced of pizza = 2600 tickets collected.

*Tickets should have been sold and mailed out immediately. No will call, none of that shit. Physical ticket gets you in. I know you wanted to prevent scalpers but in my opinion it shouldn't of been a concern. Physical tickets collected would have made the line go quickly once the doors were finally opened.

* I was told that the games were going to be set up in one room with security watching them. I was also told that I would be able to pick up my game on Sunday. The games were spread out over 4 rooms with no one watching them. Anything could of happened to them. I would have been LIVID if I had actually shown up with my game not being watched with half drunk people. People not being able to pick up their pinball machines until Monday would have been unacceptable for 90% of those people that have jobs. I don't have a job at the moment so I would have just let off a big sigh and picked it up on Monday.

^^^^^^^^^^All of the above is what you need to work on. It is not a personal attack and it is my opinions.

Sole reason I did not attend was that I was very sick with the flu. I was going to bring a 1967 King of Diamonds pinball machine against my wife's wishes. Then I was like "screw it" I will buy one of the last remaining 100 dollar tickets that were still available. I only wanted to show up and support you Jared because you are my friend. I am not going to sugar coat it but the above problems would of irritated the ever loving crap out of me. If I had been doused by Vanilla Ice with water I would have been pissed because frankly I am too old for that shit.

All this being said I hope the next party you have I can attend and be apart of, and actually even help you out with some of the headaches of planning.

#314 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

*Tickets redeemable for slices would have remedied the problem. 1300 people X 2 slices = 2600 sliced of pizza = 2600 tickets collected.
    *Tickets should have been sold and mailed out immediately. No will call, none of that shit. Physical ticket gets you in. I know you wanted to prevent scalpers but in my opinion it shouldn't of been a concern. Physical tickets collected would have made the line go quickly once the doors were finally opened.
    * I was told that the games were going to be set up in one room with security watching them. I was also told that I would be able to pick up my game on Sunday. The games were spread out over 4 rooms with no one watching them. Anything could of happened to them. I would have been LIVID if I had actually shown up with my game not being watched with half drunk people. People not being able to pick up their pinball machines until Monday would have been unacceptable for 90% of those people that have jobs. I don't have a job at the moment so I would have just let off a big sigh and picked it up on Monday.
    ^^^^^^^^^^All of the above is what you need to work on. It is not a personal attack and it is my opinions.
    Sole reason I did not attend was that I was very sick with the flu. I was going to bring a 1967 King of Diamonds pinball machine against my wife's wishes. Then I was like "screw it" I will buy one of the last remaining 100 dollar tickets that were still available. I only wanted to show up and support you Jared because you are my friend. I am not going to sugar coat it but the above problems would of irritated the ever loving crap out of me. If I had been doused by Vanilla Ice with water I would have been pissed because frankly I am too old for that shit.
    All this being said I hope the next party you have I can attend and be apart of, and actually even help you out with some of the headaches of planning.

Feedback is fine. You are right. I came to similar conclusions after I ran the event...

I appreciate the thought. It was a pretty great party, but could have been much better with some foresight.

#315 10 years ago

Congrats, Jared. They say smooth seas don't make skilled sailors, so take what you've learned the hard way from this and grow.

#316 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Feedback is fine. You are right. I came to similar conclusions after I ran the event...
    I appreciate the thought. It was a pretty great party, but could have been much better with some foresight.

I would have enjoyed meeting fattrain and hanging out with fellow pinsiders. I would have enjoyed Digital Underground and maybe some boxing with hassel and cidco. I looked through all the pictures and liked most of what I saw. It was great seeing your face (Jared) when you were onstage. Hopefully you can get the 1000 dollars back to remedy some of the money that you went over budget on. You could have paid the salary of an event planner to have curtailed some of the headaches. *shrug*

#317 10 years ago

Where's the Mobb Deep pic's ??

#318 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would have enjoyed meeting fattrain and hanging out with fellow pinsiders. I would have enjoyed Digital Underground and maybe some boxing with hassel and cidco. I looked through all the pictures and liked most of what I saw. It was great seeing your face (Jared) when you were onstage. Hopefully you can get the 1000 dollars back to remedy some of the money that you went over budget on. You could have paid the salary of an event planner to have curtailed some of the headaches. *shrug*

Probably just going to sell some of my games to help pay the bills.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Where's the Mobb Deep pic's ??

Huh?

#319 10 years ago

...................Still not addressing what was not delivered to VIP ticket holders. I spent over $600 to your event. Not including hotel, gas, and travel expenses. And I got the same perks that any guy off the street got. Maybe most people won't say they were unhappy about the VIP treatment, but I will. It's not right.

#320 10 years ago

I thought Mobb Deep was closing the show. That's what my ticket said.

#321 10 years ago

My hat, good sir, is off to you, for hosting one epic party.

#322 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

...................Still not addressing what was not delivered to VIP ticket holders. I spent over $600 to your event. Not including hotel, gas, and travel expenses. And I got the same perks that any guy off the street got. Maybe most people won't say they were unhappy about the VIP treatment, but I will. It's not right.

Sorry, I jumped right in on page 6 and went from there. 160+ comments.

So anyone with VIP was supposed to have gotten:

-Free VIP Lunch at Serious Pizza in Deep Ellum with Exclusive Meet & Greet with Kevin Eastman and Ernie Reyes
    -Early Entry to the Party (removed because of Vanilla Ices Sound Check)
    -Exclusive Access to the VIP Lounge
    -Access to celebrities in the VIP Lounge
    -VIP Exclusive games and seating
    -Private VIP Bar access with shorter lines
    -1 free beer drink ticket and 1 free El Jimador drink ticket

Which of these did not happen for you?

And believe me when I say, in advance, without knowing what you might say, that I am embarrassed and sorry to hear that the event was anything less than mind blowing for you. I pulled out all the stop and put in my best effort. It was my first ever concert, and I think all in all it was a good one.

Get back with me. I will do whatever I can to address your concerns.

#323 10 years ago

Sadly, the pizza was all gone by the time the wife and I managed to get through the door; about 9:00. Luckily, we ate at Red Hot and Blue before hand. Which was the best chain BBQ place I've ever had. I always plan ahead when it comes to food.

#324 10 years ago

Make it a metal concert and I'm there next time

#325 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Sorry, I jumped right in on page 6 and went from there. 160+ comments.
    So anyone with VIP was supposed to have gotten:
    -Free VIP Lunch at Serious Pizza in Deep Ellum with Exclusive Meet & Greet with Kevin Eastman and Ernie Reyes-Early Entry to the Party (removed because of Vanilla Ices Sound Check)-Exclusive Access to the VIP Lounge-Access to celebrities in the VIP Lounge-VIP Exclusive games and seating-Private VIP Bar access with shorter lines-1 free beer drink ticket and 1 free El Jimador drink ticket
    Which of these did not happen for you?
    And believe me when I say, in advance, without knowing what you might say, that I am embarrassed and sorry to hear that the event was anything less than mind blowing for you. I pulled out all the stop and put in my best effort. It was my first ever concert, and I think all in all it was a good one.
    Get back with me. I will do whatever I can to address your concerns.

The VIP lunch was an hour and a half wait by the time we got in to the restaurant, and there was nowhere to sit. Definitely not an exclusive meet and greet. And eating pizza while standing in line outside is not what I would consider a VIP lunch.

Early entry to the party. We came early (about 2:30) and everything was opened up. I briefly spoke with you and you were very short with me. However no big deal i'm sure you were stressed. If I hadn't had to leave to go to get the 'will call' tickets at Serious Pizza, I might have been able to enjoy the arcade games, retro games, etc. But the way it was structured once we were let back in, the concert started. When it was over it was almost 2:00AM so we missed out on everything else.

You told us while at Serious Pizza that VIP could go to the front of the line and go right in. Didn't happen. I know this is Vanilla Ice, but it still sucked.

Access to celebrities - can you tell me who was in the VIP lounge, and when? If you came to watch the concert, you missed out on seeing the celebrities. Not only that, you had to guess when they were available.

I don't drink. Now I know this one is on me so no biggie there.

I did have a mind blowing time. I think the entertainment was great, and I think it was a memorable experience. I'm not disputing this. My beef is with the perks of the VIP tickets, lack of information (which apparently was on FaceBook but not everyone hangs out on FaceBook), and scheduling.

#326 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

The VIP lunch was an hour and a half wait by the time we got in to the restaurant, and there was nowhere to sit. Definitely not an exclusive meet and greet. And eating pizza while standing in line outside is not what I would consider a VIP lunch.
    Early entry to the party. We came early (about 2:30) and everything was opened up. I briefly spoke with you and you were very short with me. However no big deal i'm sure you were stressed. If I hadn't had to leave to go to get the 'will call' tickets at Serious Pizza, I might have been able to enjoy the arcade games, retro games, etc. But the way it was structured once we were let back in, the concert started. When it was over it was almost 2:00AM so we missed out on everything else.
    You told us while at Serious Pizza that VIP could go to the front of the line and go right in. Didn't happen. I know this is Vanilla Ice, but it still sucked.
    Access to celebrities - can you tell me who was in the VIP lounge, and when? If you came to watch the concert, you missed out on seeing the celebrities. Not only that, you had to guess when they were available.
    I don't drink. Now I know this one is on me so no biggie there.
    I did have a mind blowing time. I think the entertainment was great, and I think it was a memorable experience. I'm not disputing this. My beef is with the perks of the VIP tickets, lack of information (which apparently was on FaceBook but not everyone hangs out on FaceBook), and scheduling.

Yes, I used facebook exclusively to coordinate information and pass on communication for the event.

Celebrities such as Tone Loc, Ernie Reyes, Kevin Eastman, Partners in Kryme, Graceland Ninjaz, Big Al Mac, Miki the Monkey, Angine Boling and Young MC all stopped by the VIP area. They did so at their own leisure.

I am very, very happy to hear that it was awesome for you in the end. Thank God for that!

As for a schedule, I am so thankful that I didnt print and post one. Because I had one in my pocket, and nothing... nothing at all... went according to the schedule!!! Doors opened 50 minutes late, the record attempt happened 2 hours late, musicians had different set times... and swapped spots on their own... all a printed schedule would done is make everyone go WHY IS NOTHING HAPPENING LIKE THE SCHEDULE SAYS IT WILL?

Sorry about the line for Serious Pizza, I had them run the food out to you guys to help with the wait times. And sorry for being so short, it was beyond doubt the most stressful time of my life.

Like I pointed out in my big post, I learned a lot and take a lot away that will make me a better organizer and promoter in the future. For whatever shortcomings you experienced, I am sorry. I hope I have an opportunity to make it up to you someday.

#327 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

- - - Digital Underground Performances - - -
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

The Digital Underground vids made me smile. It sucks that only like a handful of people knew "Freaks of the Industry" Wrong crowd for Digital Underground I guess. You gotta figure that crowd that would like them are pushing 40 and over like me.

#328 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The Digital Underground vids made me smile. It sucks that only like a handful of people knew "Freaks of the Industry" Wrong crowd for Digital Underground I guess. You gotta figure that crowd that would like them are pushing 40 and over like me.

That would have been the highlight for me

#329 10 years ago

Jared seems like you did all you could and that is really anyone can ask of you. Vanilla Ice messed up so much of your timetable and who could have saw that coming. Easy for anyone to criticize but in a similar situation what would they have done. Doubt they would have told Vanilla Ice to "hurry up" or "this is not acceptable" so as they say "you live and you learn". I am sure if you do this a second time (hopefully, closer to the east coast which would bring you many pinheads from NY, Jersey, PA, MD., VA and Carolinas) you will improve on what appeared to be a GREAT TIME with some "unexpected issues".

For a young man your age you should be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. Also, not many seem to understand that you spent everything and then some.....which I doubt many would have done which tells me a lot about your character and this had nothing to do with the money. It is understandable that people were not happy as some it appears feel they did not get their "moneys worth" but truly it seemed like you gave them A LOT for their money to begin with even at $200 for a VIP ticket......I spend at least $150 per ticket for most concerts I go to (most of the time closer to $200 or slightly more) and truly this seemed "EPIC" and even at $200 for a VIP ticket it wasn't overpriced that much even if they didn't get a couple of slices of Pizza......personally, I would raise the prices a little if you do something like this on the East Coast as $100 for a regular ticket is dirt cheap for everything you provided (probably why you lost money).

Do this on the East Coast and you can count me and my wife in !!! For all you provide it is a BARGAIN and don't let anyone tell you differently (just ask the people from NY what a night out costs them and I doubt they would have half the fun you provided !!).

Happy BELATED birthday and truly you can't put a price on the memory you created for yourself. I rarely get jealous but you "did it right" and as most of us older people will tell you the "memories are more important then the money".....most of us on pinside I am sure will be buried with a lot more then the $3K or so you lost but will NEVER HAVE THE MEMORY YOU HAVE so I would gladly trade $3K to have done what you did !!!

YOU ROCK JARED and don't let anyone ever tell you differently. You are one cool dude and if it was me I would put every newspaper article in a big frame and display them proudly for the rest of my life......how many of us can ever say we had an "EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY" like the one you had....plus, you had your whole family support you which is really special....your wife rocks as well !!!

Also, I got to see a side of FATTRAIN and he really seems like a great guy and loves having a fun time (his picture with Ernie Reyes was too funny) !!! To fly in just to party is very cool in my book as well as Tiger Law.....hats off to both of them. To me, there reviews say it all.....they spent tons of money to come and they both seem to have NO REGRETS so it most have been AWESOME !!!

#330 10 years ago

Will the kick starter to recoup the 6k lost on the party cover everything? The 1k pizza debt alone is such a huge chunk.

#331 10 years ago

I know, Art. Thanks for noticing.

#332 10 years ago

Bring it on to Jersey....and Rock Music.

#333 10 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

Will the kick starter to recoup the 6k lost on the party cover everything? The 1k pizza debt alone is such a huge chunk.

Problem with the Pizza company from what I can tell is they are going to say "they made the pizzas" so if they refund the money they will lose money. If I was Jared I would ask them for a 50% refund (even though he truly deserves 100%) and that way it covers their cost of ingredients and time to make the pizzas. I am sure they are going to somehow blame Jared but they should have delivered them regardless of the parking situation. I am sure for the $500 or more profit (probably $600-$700 after time and ingredients but at least $500 !!!) they could have been inconvenienced some.

I would threaten to take him to small claims court and truly I feel that Jared will recoup some of the money. Doubt any judge would say they "did their job" so he might even win the full $1K but if I was the owner I would give him back $500 just to "put it to bed" and move on.

GOOD LUCK and definitely don't let this guy get away with it.......if it was me I would sue him for more then $1K (I know I wouldn't win) by including some "damages" (i.e. unhappy customers that didn't get pizza).....that might scare him and make him settle !!!! Sure one of the pinside lawyers can give you better advice but you definitely have a shot at winning if you take him to small claims court !!!

GOOD LUCK JARED !!!!

#334 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Jared seems like you did all you could and that is really anyone can ask of you. Vanilla Ice messed up so much of your timetable and who could have saw that coming. Easy for anyone to criticize but in a similar situation what would they have done. Doubt they would have told Vanilla Ice to "hurry up" or "this is not acceptable" so as they say "you live and you learn". I am sure if you do this a second time (hopefully, closer to the east coast which would bring you many pinheads from NY, Jersey, PA, MD., VA and Carolinas) you will improve on what appeared to be a GREAT TIME with some "unexpected issues".
    For a young man your age you should be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. Also, not many seem to understand that you spent everything and then some.....which I doubt many would have done which tells me a lot about your character and this had nothing to do with the money. It is understandable that people were not happy as some it appears feel they did not get their "moneys worth" but truly it seemed like you gave them A LOT for their money to begin with even at $200 for a VIP ticket......I spend at least $150 per ticket for most concerts I go to (most of the time closer to $200 or slightly more) and truly this seemed "EPIC" and even at $200 for a VIP ticket it wasn't overpriced that much even if they didn't get a couple of slices of Pizza......personally, I would raise the prices a little if you do something like this on the East Coast as $100 for a regular ticket is dirt cheap for everything you provided (probably why you lost money).
    Do this on the East Coast and you can count me and my wife in !!! For all you provide it is a BARGAIN and don't let anyone tell you differently (just ask the people from NY what a night out costs them and I doubt they would have half the fun you provided !!).
    Happy BELATED birthday and truly you can't put a price on the memory you created for yourself. I rarely get jealous but you "did it right" and as most of us older people will tell you the "memories are more important then the money".....most of us on pinside I am sure will be buried with a lot more then the $3K or so you lost but will NEVER HAVE THE MEMORY YOU HAVE so I would gladly trade $3K to have done what you did !!!
    YOU ROCK JARED and don't let anyone ever tell you differently. You are one cool dude and if it was me I would put every newspaper article in a big frame and display them proudly for the rest of my life......how many of us can ever say we had an "EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY" like the one you had....plus, you had your whole family support you which is really special....your wife rocks as well !!!
    Also, I got to see a side of FATTRAIN and he really seems like a great guy and loves having a fun time (his picture with Ernie Reyes was too funny) !!! To fly in just to party is very cool in my book as well as Tiger Law.....hats off to both of them. To me, there reviews say it all.....they spent tons of money to come and they both seem to have NO REGRETS so it most have been AWESOME !!!

Such kind words. They mean more to me than I can express. Thank you. I love this forum.

#335 10 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

No, it wont, but PLEASE dont tell them that. People caring about me... its overwhelming... it makes me feel so ashamed. I am trying to sell my pins and vids to get even... I never asked for anyone to do what they are doing... and I still refuse to post about it on my timeline where 50,000+ followers would see. No, no, no, no.

I have $6500 or so left in the party budget and here is what I owe:
    -Pizza $1200
    -Partners in Kryme - $500
    -Buron Gilliam - $1000
    -HD Video Stage Screen Rental - $4000
    -Gilleys Balance - $9050

So, yeah. It is what it is. The screen rental (for anyone who saw it, it was epic) was amazing, but it was a last minute addition when I saw that the stage was lifeless and void without it... and the gilleys bill... it increased at the last minute with riders, accommodations, limos, and all the things to take care of the musical guests. Vanilla Ice and Digital Underground added on 10 hotel rooms at the last moment alone. My backline rental fee was more than $6,000 for the night... but I digress...

I have never learned so much... so quickly. If I ever did it again... I would be more prepared for battle.

#336 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I have never learned so much... so quickly. If I ever did it again... I would be more prepared for battle.

You mean WHEN you do it again
    Good times my friend, good times!

#337 10 years ago

I would like to see one post or statement that didn't self-promote, self-congratulate, make reference to the EPIC-ness of something, or otherwise comment on how awesome you, your Facebook friend total, or something else about you is. Such humble brag. Such look at me. It becomes grating on the nerves.

Quoted from Jared:

and I still refuse to post about it on my timeline where 50,000+ followers would see. No, no, no, no.

#338 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I would like to see one post or statement that didn't self-promote, self-congratulate, make reference to the EPIC-ness of something, or otherwise comment on how awesome you, your Facebook friend total, or something else about you is. Such humble brag. Such look at me. It becomes grating on the nerves.

He pulled off a unique and amazing event. I think a victory lap is wholly appropriate, just my personal opinion.

#339 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He pulled off a unique and amazing event. I think a victory lap is wholly appropriate, just my personal opinion.

Two different things. The event is one thing. The year-long victory lap of self promotion and constant "on" is another. Just my personal opinion, as a disinterested, but local party.

#340 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Add "Don't donate to your own crowdtilt pity party if you really feel THAT bad about it."

Sounds to me like if there had been actual contracts in place with these performers you wouldn't have had nearly as many issues money or otherwise. That sucks....but that's also the nature of crowdsourcing and why using it to do things of this nature is just a horrible idea. You're under an self-induced timeline to make things happen, but that also places a massive burden on things to get done quickly. It's not like you would've had the option to reschedule the thing after selling all those tickets.

Hopefully if you do another one of these, once you get everyone paid, you'll have the leverage NOW to say "Okay, look. We really had a blast last time, but we had some issues. Here's the contract, here's what I need from you to resolve these issues, what's your price? We're not going to play around with all this BS of changing riders and comps at the last minute, and I need to know what you want UP FRONT." So there's at least a positive on that front.

#341 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tiger....your opinion told me so much about this event and I really feel like I missed something special. You travelled and I am sure spent TONS of money (plus your date came from another country to make the event if I remember right). If you were happy with the event my bet would be it was EPIC as your truly went way out of your way to make the event. It seems like it was a lot of fun based on the pictures and truly for Jared to put together "so much" really blew my mind. He had power rangers, teenage mutant turtles, Robo Cop, Ernie Reyes, the young kid spinning records and plus great musical acts......it must have been so cool to be involved in that. Truly, the only thing that I could see went terribly wrong was caused by something way out of his control (Vanilla Ice with the long sound check). Looking back he probably could have started the party a little earlier so people could enjoy the "other special guests" and it probably would have worked great if the doors opened around 4ish and the bands started around 7ish (so people had a few hours to drink some brews and get something to eat and enjoy the sights).

Jared in my book ROCKS and I never met the guy (plus he didn't even get to enjoy the night as much as he deserved to due to stress....so it cost him a ton of money and his biggest concern was that EVERYONE ELSE had a great time....speaks so much for the young mans character).

Tiger you and Fattrain rock as well (yes, even though FATTRAIN hates me and has me on ignore he still rocks as that picture of him and Ernie Reyes really was "classic"....lol). You guys both "get it" and just enjoyed the event and put the "difficulties" behind you and didn't let it ruin your evening and that is a great way to be !!!! Truly, I wish I was there and will really try to make the next one !!!!

Jared enjoy your moment......you pulled something off that most of us would never even attempt to do !!!! At least I know I wouldn't have as it takes a special person to take that kind of a risk and do something that EPIC !!!

#342 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Add "Don't donate to your own crowdtilt pity party if you really feel THAT bad about it."
    Sounds to me like if there had been actual contracts in place with these performers you wouldn't have had nearly as many issues money or otherwise. That sucks....but that's also the nature of crowdsourcing and why using it to do things of this nature is just a horrible idea. You're under an self-induced timeline to make things happen, but that also places a massive burden on things to get done quickly. It's not like you would've had the option to reschedule the thing after selling all those tickets.
    Hopefully if you do another one of these, once you get everyone paid, you'll have the leverage NOW to say "Okay, look. We really had a blast last time, but we had some issues. Here's the contract, here's what I need from you to resolve these issues, what's your price? We're not going to play around with all this BS of changing riders and comps at the last minute, and I need to know what you want UP FRONT." So there's at least a positive on that front.

You're getting soft. I like the back handed compliments better, more entertaining.

#343 10 years ago

Yeah...jeez, the guy didn't even get to enjoy his own party. A little bragging is just fine Jared! If Tiger said the party rocked...it rocked!...'nuff said....

#344 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think a victory lap is wholly appropriate

LOL, I saw that pinball reference you did there....clever

#345 10 years ago

For those of you interest in detail, super high resolution photos of the party:

Thursday Night: Alamo Drafthouse TMNT 1 Showing
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.260325954129617.1073741832.234804643348415&type=3

Friday Night: Alamo Drafthouse TMNT2 Showing + Special Guests
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.260327427462803.1073741833.234804643348415&type=3

Saturday: VIP Lunch at Serious Pizza + Special Guests
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.260338077461738.1073741834.234804643348415&type=3

Saturday Night: Jared's Epic Party (Over 700 Photos)
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.260399104122302.1073741835.234804643348415&type=3

Enjoy. Thanks.

#346 10 years ago

EPIC PARTY FACT: Jacob Calle of Houston won the Epic Party Video Armageddon NES tournament. The prize was a amazing hand-fabricated trophy by Josh Miller featuring a genuine POWER GLOVE which took him more than 27 hours to produce from raw metal. We had planned to do the presentation on stage but had to cut the presentation short due to timing issues with the musical guests.

Congrats to Jacob Calle, and thanks to Josh for the amazing trophy. One of the many EPIC things you might have missed on this amazing night...

1979244_10152210703387822_405496386_o.jpg1979244_10152210703387822_405496386_o.jpg

#347 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

You're getting soft. I like the back handed compliments better, more entertaining.

Oh, I have something I'm working on that I think you'll like.

#348 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Two different things. The event is one thing. The year-long victory lap of self promotion and constant "on" is another. Just my personal opinion, as a disinterested, but local party.

Your opinion is correct and I agree. The sad part is this self promotion will go on and on. It just does not stop. The need of constant validation from the outside. Kinda like an Evangelist

Humbleness wins hearts. Self promotion and constant gibberish loses followers....

#349 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Kinda like an Evangelist

WOW. Sound familiar Jared?? It should. You can't script stuff like this.

#350 10 years ago

Just let the guy enjoy his moment. I sense a lot of jealous people as the guy just wanted to throw an awesome party and he did. Nothing wrong with him enjoying some of the publicity he has received. For all the time, effort and money he put forth he deserves it if you ask me. Seems a lot of people had a GREAT TIME and nothing wrong with that. The people criticizing him should try and throw a party like this and I am sure they would find out it takes a lot of time and effort and "things will go wrong"....just too many moving parts for that not to happen and too many egos (i.e. Vanilla Ice with his sound check telling him he can't let anyone in.......what was the guy suppose to do).

This is his thread and he has every right to "enjoy the moment' on his thread.....people that can't deal with that should just avoid reading his thread rather then taking shots at the guy.....seems like a really good guy and I haven't seen him even get upset with any of the criticism.....he seems to be a HAPPY PERSON unlike some of the people who are trying to "get under his skin".

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.