Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

this is insane! wish I was closer!!! what Jennifer and the Time Machine from bttf??!!!

One of our group is flying all the way in from London (partially) for this party. So distance is no excuse to miss this awesomeness!

#102 10 years ago

You got tickets? I haven't seen anything yet?

#103 10 years ago

What happened to Coolio? Looks like he disappeared from the poster and lineup.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mfox:

Ya, his managers double booked him. Who cares! He got replaced with Young MC & Digital Underground! #Win

Quoted from DocRotCod:

There's still a few left (but not many - like under 100)

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Only people who purchased tickets from the website + shipping option got them in the mail. Everyone else is WILL CALL.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mfox:

Coolio was removed 4 weeks ago. We replaced him with Digital Underground and Young MC. Which cost me $4,000 more than Coolio would have..

#108 10 years ago

Anyone have any questions? Haha

#109 10 years ago

Digital underground !!!! Holy sh*t!! I love me some humpy dance and freaks of the industry .

#110 10 years ago

Here is our updated machines list for the Epic Party this weekend. Load in is Friday and Saturday, any of you who add a game to this list will get a free $100 ticket for each game you bring.

AS A SPECIAL PERK TO THE DFW PINBALL AND ARCADE COMMUNITY I am allowing free access to the party from 10am-5pm on Saturday the 22nd to play pinball, meet pinside members and have some fun.

At 5pm, everyone without a ticket or a game in the party will need to exit.

Just my little way of sharing the love with the pinball community. Every pinball player is welcome so long as you clear it with me in advance. You don't have to like ME to like PINBALL... the love of the game is what matters folks.

Lemme know if you will stop by and play.

1. Neo Geo 60 in 1
    2. Neo Geo 60 in 1
    3. Mario Kart Arcade
    4. Fast & Furious Arcade
    5. Fast & Furious Arcade
    7. Simpsons 4 Player
    8. Space Invaders 60 in 1 KIX
    9. Cowboys of Moo Mesa
    10. X-Men Children of the Atom
    11. Marvel VS Capcom 2
    12. MAME 380 in 1
    13. Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball
    14. Shrek Pinball
    15. Last Action Hero Pinball
    16. Jurassic Park Pinball
    17. Taxi Pinball
    18. TMNT Pinball
    19. Paragon Pinball
    20. Flight 2000 Pinball
    21. Team One Pinball
    22. Marvel VS Capcom
    23. TMNT 4 Player Arcade
    24. Atari Centipede
    25. Ms Pacman
    26. Funhouse Pinball
    27. Simpsons Pinball Party
    28. Super Baja Offroad
    29. Marvel VS Capcom
    30. Crazy Taxi 2
    31. 60 in 1 Cocktail Arcade
    32. Star Trek Pro Pinball
    33. Wizard of OZ Pinball
    34. Metallica Pro Pinball
    35. Williams Barracora Pinball
    36. Williams Spectrum Pinball
    37. Nintendo Donkey Kong Arcade
    38. Gottlieb Genesis Pinball
    39. Stern Meteor Pinball
    40. Williams Silverball Mania Pinball
    41. Super Mario Brothers Arcade
    42. Xmen VS Streetfighter

#111 10 years ago

Frikkin awesome! The list of pins is enough to keep me there all day.

#112 10 years ago

Well, if you have a ticket: you can.

10am to 2am... 14 hours of play...

#113 10 years ago

So Stoked! I arrive Friday night ~10pm and will be available all day Saturday to help ya out with whatever you need. Just txt me.

#114 10 years ago

we need a live ustream of this!

come on pinsiders, hook it up

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

we need a live ustream of this!
    come on pinsiders, hook it up

Knowing Jared, he probably has something like this already in the works...

#116 10 years ago

Looking forward to this. I should be there by noon on Saturday- Barry

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

Looking forward to this. I should be there by noon on Saturday- Barry

#118 10 years ago

New Ice promotion hit Fox today. Resurrecting Ninja Rap.

#119 10 years ago

Good luck with everything, Jared. This is a very impressive party from a logistical standpoint.

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

New Ice promotion hit Fox today. Resurrecting Ninja Rap.

This is all part of the plan.....

#121 10 years ago

NORTH TEXAS - Tune to 96.3 KSCS! I will be live on the radio this morning around 9am CST in DFW. For those of you out of the area you can listen on iHeartRadio or by clicking this link - http://www.iheart.com/live/New-Country-963-KSCS-5342/ #epicparty

#122 10 years ago

If there's a replay link to the interview, hook us up

#123 10 years ago

Would love to be there, but I won't be to, so I had to settle for this at the Mall of America. Costumes are really well done. They have a TMNT ride and the arcade game in a showplace cabinet too. If you ever want to plan a party closer to Minnesota, let me know.

Capture-349.JPGCapture-349.JPG
    #124 10 years ago

So, we did something cool today. As many of you know, I arranged for the worlds one and only Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Van to be at Phonefixdfw.com Presents: Jareds Epic Party on Saturday the 22nd in Dallas. It's costing me $1800 of our budget just to have the car shipped here and back. Thats a lot of money, but when you consider that its more than 3200 miles, hotels, gas and food... well... its nearly charity work to be honest.

The road from LA to Dallas is long and lonely, and earlier today a airmen out of Luke Airforce Base in Phoenix Arizona lamented that they wished the van could "stop by" the base to the delight of the adult TMNT fans as well as their children whom live on base with them.

Our shipper, Graeman is a retired Air Force member, and has permission to come on to the base. On a whim, he decided to take the van to the base access only bowling alley for 90 minutes today to show it to our military family's stationed there.

This was done with the blessing of the vans owner and builder, Jason Ybarra, and made possible by the funding raised by the internet via Crowdtilt. Basically... we all made something awesome happen today.

Only 1300 people will have the chance to say "I was there" at the Epic Party, but somehow along the way, we have found a way to spread the love and excitement to far more than we originally intended.

A special thank you to everyone involved, especially the brave and dedicated servicemen and women at Luke Airforce Base. You are awesome. -Jared

LUKE AFB.jpgLUKE AFB.jpg

#126 10 years ago

wow... good karma

#127 10 years ago

Ok I'm here outside of Orlando and unfortunately can't make it , we need to get together and make this happen next year on my side of town. I am blow away at how amazing this has turned out and what a fantastic job you did at making something you wanted into something this epic! If you are interested Please pm me can't wait to see the pics and video. happy birthday man!

#128 10 years ago

Man, it is almost party time!!!

Can't wait for Saturday!

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mfox:

I heard on the radio this morning... Coolio is the entertainment for the Bucks game this weekend.

#130 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

So, we did something cool today.

Great job!!

#131 10 years ago

On my last leg of the flight now. Touchdown Dallas in one hour!!!

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

On my last leg of the flight now. Touchdown Dallas in one hour!!!

You're about a month early for the Texas Pinball Festival?!?

#133 10 years ago

TMNT 2 movie night was awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow.

#134 10 years ago

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this part:

Quoted from Jared:It's costing me $1800 of our budget just to have the car shipped here and back. Thats a lot of money, but when you consider that its more than 3200 miles, hotels, gas and food... well... its nearly charity work to be honest.

The crowdtilt was what, 73k? Then there's the extra ticket sales after the campaign ended, I think you posted what, 100 tickets at $100, 100 tickets at $75, then the ones at whatever the price was before that.... If that's charity work, then I'm starting my own charity today.

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this part:

The crowdtilt was what, 73k? Then there's the extra ticket sales after the campaign ended, I think you posted what, 100 tickets at $100, 100 tickets at $75, then the ones at whatever the price was before that.... If that's charity work, then I'm starting my own charity today.

You laugh, but I swear to you that not only have I spent every penny on the parties combined features, but we are actually several thousand dollars OVER budget.

Just to give you an an idea , the venue is now $17,000, vanilla ice is $15,000 plus $1000 hotel + $2800 equipment rental. Flights combined cost me $6,000. Digital underground was $7000. The pizza for the party was over $3200...

I'm not bitching here, I'm just saying... People really want to paint this as me making a pontiff money... And I swear to God... not a cent is being made.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You laugh, but I swear to you that not only have I spent every penny on the parties combined features, but we are actually several thousand dollars OVER budget.
    Just to give you an an idea , the venue is now $17,000, vanilla ice is $15,000 plus $1000 hotel + $2800 equipment rental. Flights combined cost me $6,000. Digital underground was $7000. The pizza for the party was over $3200...
    I'm not bitching here, I'm just saying... People really want to paint this as me making a pontiff money... And I swear to God... not a cent is being made.

Jared, not matter what you do no matter what explanation you're going to give someone is going to bitch!!! I can't phantom the amount of work that you have put into this thing and if you were to make a profit, whether small or large, I wouldn't blame you one bit. To those that bitch, take the lead and plan a party yourself!!!

#137 10 years ago

Quiddity wins the not so coveted "dick of the day" award.

#138 10 years ago

Don't let the haters get to you. Enjoy the party I know I am certainly jealous.

#139 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

This is such a pet peeve of mine. SO WHAT if you made money on this (I know you didn't), this is months of hard work to put together. For some reason you're not allowed to profit from this? You've either put a compelling event on and attendees can decide if they want to buy a ticket, or they can pass. Who made how much is irrelevant. I don't get it.

#140 10 years ago

Man, this looks AWESOME !!! Cheers to you bro !!! We'll all expect plenty of pics ( I like mine with lots of cleavage!) !!!

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man, this looks AWESOME !!! Cheers to you bro !!! We'll all expect plenty of pics ( I like mine with lots of cleavage!) !!!

Jared's? Sorry bro... could not resist that one
    Have a good party

BSL

#142 10 years ago

Hey, I don't mind being called a dick. No worries there. Just thought that invoking the word charity was amusing.

Sucks that you're over budget, guess that means that there's no extra to donate to the Shriners. Maybe you could take up a collection for donations at the party?

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

It's costing me $1800 of our budget just to have the car shipped here and back. Thats a lot of money, but when you consider that its more than 3200 miles, hotels, gas and food... well... its nearly charity work to be honest.

Maybe I'm reading this differently but my interpretation was that he's paying $1800 to have the car shipped to his party and back but when you consider how far it's going and the fact that the people moving it have to have hotels, food, etc, that he's getting a great deal on it at $1800. In other words, the people moving it are basically doing charity work and not really profiting from moving the vehicle. I don't think he implied that he (Bakushan) was doing this for charity. I could be wrong though.

In other news, I know where Coolio is...he's in Milwaukee as part of the Bucks tragic attempt at getting people to go to a game. It's Y2K night and Coolio is the entertainment. For thos that don't follow the Bucks, they're awful this year and nobody is going to the games. Not sure Coolion made the right choice here. I think he'd rather be at Jared's party!

Dave

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Maybe I'm reading this differently but my interpretation was that he's paying $1800 to have the car shipped to his party and back but when you consider how far it's going and the fact that the people moving it have to have hotels, food, etc, that he's getting a great deal on it at $1800. In other words, the people moving it are basically doing charity work and not really profiting from moving the vehicle. I don't think he implied that he (Bakushan) was doing this for charity. I could be wrong though.

that's the way I took it too

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Digital underground !!!! Holy sh*t!! I love me some humpy dance and freaks of the industry .

Too bad we could not dig up Tupac Shakur.

Best dancer Digital Underground ever had !!!!!!!!

#146 10 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen

#147 10 years ago

Good God I cant believe grown ass people actually listen to this ghetto shit.

#148 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Good God I cant believe grown ass people actually listen to this ghetto shit.

It's not my taste in music, but who cares? I don't like Vanilla Ice's music in the least, but I like the pop culture aspect of this party. Wish I could be there.

#149 10 years ago

That Richard Nixon impersonator that break dances is going to be off the chain!

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quiddity wins the not so coveted "dick of the day" award.

What the f--k ever. It's not like we're local to him or anything. Or have seen firsthand the mistakes and mishandling he has done with other events, and his own business, that lead to epic lulz for anyone on the sideline. It's not like we have accounts from several different people and businesses that have had odd or otherwise bad experiences with Jared. And this isn't the first time "charity" has been invoked for him to gather money for yet another item he doesn't want to pay for out of pocket, and then nothing goes to charity at all, aside from some pizzas to some homeless guys (which wasn't charity as much as it was a PR stunt...since Jared also crowdtilted the PALTRY HUNDRED DOLLARS to get news coverage of it that he wanted them to pull!).

I hope it goes well, but only on behalf of the Pinsiders attending. Couldn't care less how much money Jared stands to lose at this point. He overspent on his last big shindig, his own fault. Appears he did the same again. It's okay...he'll just crowdsource the loss. Seems to work great, he recently got a free car engine too from what I've seen.

There's two sides to every coin, and rarely do you see the other side when it's lying flat.

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.