Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jaredbs.jpg
    4O1A7082.jpg
    4O1A7109.jpg
    4O1A7099.jpg
    4O1A7038.jpg
    4O1A7092.jpg
    4O1A7060.jpg
    4O1A7015.jpg
    4O1A7059.jpg
    4O1A6996.jpg
    4O1A6941.jpg
    4O1A6843.jpg
    4O1A6915.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    4O1A6814.jpg
    4O1A6788.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 10 years ago
    Quoted from kray37:

Well, we just know Jared from here(Dallas) already, since hes only been in the "pinball/arcade world" for just over a year or two. We know him because he likes HIM! If he was just himself rather than pushing himself onto people, the community, then maybe we would have sympathisized with him and liked him for that reason....but we don't know any difference. But notoriety is what he wanted, well he got it! BUT it comes with it's own pros and cons I believe.
    My first run-in with Jared was that he wanted to buy an arcade game(maybe pinball, can't really remember) from me a year and a half ago. I posted prices to a local group via email prior to posting pix of games I was selling(probably 10 total). Several people wanted one game in particular game he wanted also and I think he was even 4th or 5th in line via emails. Someone said they would take it, site unseen, so it's sold! I swear, I got several rash, sarcastic, ugly emails telling me what a piece of shit I was for not holding it for him(who I've never met either mind you), and later found out who he was real quick. My last email just said, "Do not ask to buy anything again from me please cause I will not sell you anything". He just wouldn't let it go, but I ignored. VERY VERY $HITTY
    Anyway, it sure sounds like the party was pretty cool(can't stand "Epic" either especially used on my own event) but I wasn't about to dish money for him just because our first interaction didn't work so well haha. Although I'm glad everything went fairly well and pinsiders had a good time.That had to be a hell of a lot of work and congrats on a good show! Every concert I think I've ever been to was late, overcrowed, people pissed, whatever. You did pull it off though...kuddos!
    Jared, noone would have cared if you made money on the deal....hell I would if did it(at least a little)
    But that's why everyone is calling BS.
    Just be honest! If you are, plus are in debt from this or whatever, then maybe you want notoriety too much and now both are your problem!
    Just my 2 cents....

apart from being an unlikeable attention whore he hasn't done anything wrong?? If you are going to mention an email you should really post in full rather then character assassinate through para phrasing.

#452 10 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

apart from being an unlikeable attention whore he hasn't done anything wrong?? If you are going to mention an email you should really post in full rather then character assassinate through para phrasing.

There has been one thing after another on a local level . Lots of commotion, drama, bilking, begging, promising and using. There is a reason that everyone finally coming clean and venting here lives within a radius of about 60 miles from the center of the DFW Metroplex. This has been building for a year. Marc and I had these conversations in private seriously 6 months ago. I know firsthand of several people, some of who have discussed it here, that have reached out to offer some guidance on what was being done in ways that were alienating the locals. He has disregarded them entirely, and has now doubled down on his commitment to himself and a delusional grand scheme that involves a pinball community wanting nothing to do with his antics any longer.

#453 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Hmmm....guess who is now doing marketing for FUN!

Ouch, damage control on isle 3.

Jared, now is the time apologize for indiscretions, tell us that you have learned from them and that you are now a better person because of it. You must have an amazing knowledge base by now.

#454 10 years ago

And ya'll wonder why I refer to anything before 2/02/84 as " The Good Ole Days"

#455 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Jared, now is the time apologize for indiscretions, tell us that you have learned from them and that you are now a better person because of it. You must have an amazing knowledge base by now.

I am sorry for my indiscretions. I actually have learned from them, and I actually am a better person for it. Through the process of this "epic" party, and other parties I have organized, I actually have learned a lot and am much better equipped to organize events with less issues.

The advice that you, Craig, Ed and many many many of the others have given me not fallen on deaf ears. And the posts in this thread have not been glossed over. I read every word, sometimes several times. It's obvious... epic party or not... that if I am to be an accepted and welcomed member of the DFW Pinball community at large that I need to make some edits to my personality.

Craig also warned me that "this is why he had to step back from the Texas Pinball Festival" because at some point the amount of complaints and problems out-weighs any benefit to you personally. Craig would know. He has been down the road... and learned the lessons... and as a man from the future he speaks to me saying "Its not for everyone".

Even the nicest and most quiet of people are going to have problems, and cause problems. The louder I am and the more "promotion" I am, the larger the odds are of me bringing about such things upon myself.

Here is what I can say today for sure.

I love pinball, I really do. I want to play, collect, and participate in anything pinball related in DFW and beyond. I want to have friends who share my interests, and if possible, would like to use my natural abilities to the benefit of the greater pinball hobby. The way and method in which I might do that, honestly, remains to be seen and may never happen at all. Its something that I aspire to do... to help. Really.

I know that I am not going anywhere, and neither is my love and fascination for the game of pinball. I know that none of you guys will go anywhere either. Therefore, if I intend to have events or be in events or attend events related to pinball in this area, it is in my own best interest to behave in a way that allows me to be present.

All coming around to say.. honestly... im sorry. I am truly sorry. I hope that the people that I have grated, annoyed, pushed away and scared off will believe my apology. Because I mean it.

Thats about as good as I can say it. Thanks.

-Jared

#456 10 years ago

Can't ask for anything more than that. I for one appreciated the house party you did last year. That was a good event. Should happen more often since we have NO WHERE to play in DFW. Seriously, not one damn dive bar that I can go to and drink beer and play pinball. Its sad.

#457 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

and if possible, would like to use my natural abilities to the benefit of the greater pinball hobby.
    -Jared

Jared's epic mission to save pinball using his super human powers. Awesome! Lol

#458 10 years ago

Take a page from Stern's playbook, ignore the haters. Stop feeding them, they'll never be satisfied with anything you tell them so why bother trying?

#459 10 years ago

Here is my 2¢ advice for erasing the black cloud that you created, Jared.

1) We are a community, not an audience for you to sell to your advertisers. You seem to have a problem distinguishing between friends and assets in your social media business.

2) We value the truth. We all work in jobs that require accountability. You've lost all credibility with your broken promises and 100% guarantees. That damage is done, you can't erase it, but you can rebuild your credibility over time. Just stop over-promising and presenting revisionist history.

3) This hobby is about everyone. Making everything about yourself taints everything that you do, even when you have good intentions.

4) We have a lot of disparate views in the community, and not a lot of tolerance for bullshit. Quit calling everyone who disagrees with you a troll.

5) You have an army of sycophants that follow you wherever you go, attacking those who disagrees with you and turning discussion threads into loud, sloppy, public blowjibbers that you enthusiastically seek out and encourage. It gets old after a while. I know your lifeblood is the attention that these people give you, but it is truly toxic to any group dynamic. Leave them in your car communities, and quit trying to expand your army everywhere you go so that you can put off any real criticisms until it boils over in threads like these.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in the center of your swirling typhoon of worshippers. I am really just hoping it will move on and not be so intent on "Saving us".

#460 10 years ago

Time to close the thread and everyone move on. Holding grudges is truly like a poison and everyone will feel a lot better if they try to put the past behind and move on. Everyone makes mistakes and when they do expect some forgiveness and sometimes people forget that when they are the ones that have to forgive others mistakes.

Jared threw a fun party and gave many people a night to remember (sorry I missed it). My understanding is it was his birthday party and if that is the case "Jareds Epic Party" seems to make sense as it was his birthday. He went over budget and truly I hope people don't come to his rescue because he appears to have a problem budgeting and he will never correct it if people always bail him out. You never learn lessons in life unless you experience some pain....try to teach my kids that way (wife always overrules though and they never learn....lol).

There are always two sides to every story and normally some truth in both sides. Hopefully, Jared has learned something and finds a way to make amends with the other pinsiders in Texas.....it is in his best interest and I believe he sees this. So good luck to all of you guys and try to move forward !!!

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A MODERATOR to close this thread.....nothing good is going to come keeping it open and hopefully Jared and his fellow pinsiders can work this out in person some day but probably everyone needs to "chill" for a little while.....I still like the idea of the next party being in Colorado.....now that would be an EPIC PARTY....lol.

#461 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

He went over budget and truly I hope people don't come to his rescue because he appears to have a problem budgeting and he will never correct it if people always bail him out.

Welcome to the Texas Pinball community! Have a seat, sit back, and join in our dastardly plans to just be assholes who get off on being "Trolls" and "Haters". You can set that on the pile over in the corner. Barry is going to have a bonfire with it later. You should be able to see the blaze from Maryland!

#462 10 years ago

One thing I learned from all this is that I'm NOT going to throw an epic party. The best parties are the ones someone else is throwing and your invited to.

It sure looked like a fun party though.

#463 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

Welcome to the Texas Pinball community! Have a seat, sit back, and join in our dastardly plans to just be assholes who get off on being "Trolls" and "Haters". You can set that on the pile over in the corner. Barry is going to have a bonfire with it later. You should be able to see the blaze from Maryland!

I don't wish Jared any bad so that was not my point of the post. Hey, I love my kids and I do the same to them (or try to until the wife steps in) as if someone doesn't feel some pain for their mistake they will keep making it. So if his friends and family keep bailing him out he will come to expect it and never learn was my point. After reading many posts it seems Jared has made this same mistake before (smaller scale) so it is best he has to feel the pain and reach into his pocket before his next mistake financially is EVEN BIGGER.....before you know it the next EPIC PARTY (which will probably be bigger and better) will leave him $20K or more in debt and he will just figure "hey, my buddies will bail me out".....so really he is spending there money and not his when he "goes hog wild".......my kids do the same thing....when it is Dads money they spend and when it is their money they are a little more careful (my one son when he has to pay you can see the cobwebs come out of his wallet....LOL.....when Dad is paying trust me he keeps spending !!!!

#464 10 years ago

Only thing left would be that every person who paid a premium fee for a VIP ticket have that extra charge refunded or, at least be given a *Merchandise Credit* on a future event.

If necessary, sell additional assets or make the after event funding thing bigger.

#465 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

One thing I learned from all this is that I'm NOT going to throw an epic party. The best parties are the ones someone else is throwing and your invited to.
    It sure looked like a fun party though.

I hear you. I throw a big party (in fact it is this weekend) each year and every year I ask myself "why did I do it". Me and the wife stress for weeks and Saturday will be nuts and normally 5-10 couples end up spending the night (so the wife makes a big breakfast) and it ends up being fun but every year it grows and grows and there is more food to prepare and things to do. This is for only 75-100 people.....I can't imagine throwing an EPIC party for 1,300 !!! No thank you !!! It is more fun just going to one.....I am sure come Saturday afternoon as Me and the Wife are running around making sure we have plenty of food and "alcoholic beverages" we will be thinking why do this every year. Probably because we have the best equipped house (pinball machines, juke boxes, pool tables, commercial dart board, slots, etc. etc) to do it and everyone expects it every year as it really kicks off boating season (as the following weekend is our Land Cruise which is just a day of driving around on buses and bar hopping) and before you know it the spring has arrived !!!!

#466 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A MODERATOR to close this thread.....

I'm watching. It honestly has been looking like a Texas-style therapy session on here lately, so I figured it was easier to let it run its course as long as everyone was being generally civil and have everyone get it all out in the open rather than to close it and have 3 more threads pop up soon with the same situation. If we're all said and done, I can of course close it. If Jared wants it closed, he can ask any mod and we'll do it.

But as far as the screaming for a moderator.... there's a little button at the top of every single post now that says "Report." That sends a message to the moderators so that we can see there is an issue and make a note that someone has done something about it. I honestly don't know what all options are there yet since it is new and I don't have one, but that would be a much more effective way to get anything done than screaming in a thread and making another post in a 10 page thread that has 129 pictures in just 3 of those posts. We are around, but we surely to goodness can't/don't see everything.

#467 10 years ago

The local stuff has come to a head and will simmer either here or wherever else he next markets and promotes. I would not expect that much else will or necessarily needs to be said, other than the occasional person sniping from afar, with no real basis or understanding as to why there are pissy Texans being a bunch of crabapples. But there is actually no forum or platform on a local level for us to have these discussions and airing of grievances (SERENITY NOW!!) all together - for reasons that open whole new cans of worms that need not be dragged into this.

This will either be resolved at TPF or just be an awkward situation that necessarily will have to be tolerated into perpetuity.

#468 10 years ago

You know what the difference between Iron Man and Iron Woman is ?? One's a super hero. The other is a simple command.....
    Edit : Just a joke ladies,....just a joke......

#469 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am sorry for my indiscretions. I actually have learned from them, and I actually am a better person for it. Through the process of this "epic" party, and other parties I have organized, I actually have learned a lot and am much better equipped to organize events with less issues.
    The advice that you, Craig, Ed and many many many of the others have given me not fallen on deaf ears. And the posts in this thread have not been glossed over. I read every word, sometimes several times. It's obvious... epic party or not... that if I am to be an accepted and welcomed member of the DFW Pinball community at large that I need to make some edits to my personality.
    Craig also warned me that "this is why he had to step back from the Texas Pinball Festival" because at some point the amount of complaints and problems out-weighs any benefit to you personally. Craig would know. He has been down the road... and learned the lessons... and as a man from the future he speaks to me saying "Its not for everyone".
    Even the nicest and most quiet of people are going to have problems, and cause problems. The louder I am and the more "promotion" I am, the larger the odds are of me bringing about such things upon myself.
    Here is what I can say today for sure.
    I love pinball, I really do. I want to play, collect, and participate in anything pinball related in DFW and beyond. I want to have friends who share my interests, and if possible, would like to use my natural abilities to the benefit of the greater pinball hobby. The way and method in which I might do that, honestly, remains to be seen and may never happen at all. Its something that I aspire to do... to help. Really.
    I know that I am not going anywhere, and neither is my love and fascination for the game of pinball. I know that none of you guys will go anywhere either. Therefore, if I intend to have events or be in events or attend events related to pinball in this area, it is in my own best interest to behave in a way that allows me to be present.
    All coming around to say.. honestly... im sorry. I am truly sorry. I hope that the people that I have grated, annoyed, pushed away and scared off will believe my apology. Because I mean it.
    Thats about as good as I can say it. Thanks.
    -Jared

That is a heartfelt, genuine, contrite apology. Let me be the first too.....oh....uh....wait......er.....something new is coming thru......

jaredbs.jpgjaredbs.jpg

That was just posted, after the apology here.

Hmmm.......That's not really understanding and learning and taking past experiences and opinions to heart, at all. Now is it? Who would have ever seen that coming? Shocking developments.

#470 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

This will either be resolved at TPF or just be an awkward situation that necessarily will have to be tolerated into perpetuity.

GROUP HUG AT THE TPF!!!

#471 10 years ago

Gambit......you are too funny....you have me crying I am laughing so hard !!!! Just wait "something else is coming through".....LOL !!!!!

Thanks for making my day with that post.......I tried to advise Jared he needs to close this thread !!!! It is better then any soap opera on TV !!!!

#472 10 years ago

I am several thousand miles away, and I'm almost convinced that this is the greatest party, and I will never forget it. Simply because I feel like reading all these announcements, I feel this has been forced into my head O.o

#473 10 years ago

Good grief, give Jared a break. It was an Epic party. Maybe not "perfect", but he didn't run off with the money.

So you don't like him for whatever your reason. You haters are the ones that ruin the "community" as you keep calling it.

#474 10 years ago

I just wish we could get some of this kind of drama in Houston

#475 10 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

So you don't like him for whatever your reason. You haters are the ones that ruin the "community" as you keep calling it.

Thanks you for your reading of the barometer of our local community. While you are at it, could you let me know if I am going to still need a jacket this afternoon???? Looks nice out there, but it was cold this morning and I have not had a chance to go outside lately.

#476 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Gambit......you are too funny....you have me crying I am laughing so hard !!!! Just wait "something else is coming through".....LOL !!!!!
    Thanks for making my day with that post.......I tried to warn Jared he needs to close this thread !!!! It is better then any soap opera on TV !!!!

Yeah Soap Opera's are cool, until you mention that Consuela probably shouldn't have dated both Rico and Javier at the same time, and an army of luchadores jump through the TV and pummel you with mountain dew fueled elbow drops for ever questioning their sweet, infallible Consuela.

#477 10 years ago

Tough crowd

#478 10 years ago

Thread is being closed due to excessive trolling in here . . .

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-party-2014-vanilla-ice-coolio-tone-loc-rob-base-and-pinball/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.