Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by joelreeves
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-967.jpg
    image-171.jpg
    image-693.jpg
    image-219.jpg
    image-823.jpg
    image-174.jpg
    image-873.jpg
    image-101.jpg
    image-278.jpg
    image-857.jpg
    image-489.jpg
    image-504.jpg
    image-965.jpg
    anti-tip.WCI.280x215.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

Someone had to do it. The worlds first, multi-level... elevator included... fully mobile... and totally functional... and 100% free... pinball arcade.

EOS-0009.jpgEOS-0009.jpg

85 feet of epic climate controlled rolling pinball awesome. We even have a restroom with running water and all the amenities... and a lounge area. Coming this week to large parking lots in the North Texas Area! No cost... no tickets... no quarters. Free play... sharing the love... on two floors... inside of a giant renegade race trailer turned into a arcade.

Why?

Because pinball is back baby, and the people are ready to fall in love again. I am going to bring the magic to the people. Am I nuts? Yes... I am. Do I care? Nope. Some people enjoy their games in their house... im gonna enjoy them in a parking lot inside of a giant trailer setup that is illegal in most states.

Pics and video to come.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

How do you keep everything level?

Park the rig and then take a level to every game and level them manually.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

Bring it to St. Louis sometime

No plans to travel nation-wide yet... gonna play around local with it and work out some kinks. This is not a business idea... just a fun way to share pinball with the public.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jared, At first I thought you were crazy with the party idea and your over the top car.............I honestly thought you had a few screws loose, but let me just say............I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU!! You are the mother F^%$#ing real deal brother. Your party was amazing and a move like this just affirms you are 100% certified, good old fashion, American cool!!! You are a winner my friend and I salute you!

LOL... thanks.

Believe me... if you think I am crazy... you are right. I am not normal. Not even close. But that's the good part.

Some of my ideas are ridiculous... and many of them never pan out... but I always keep on trying. I appreciate it!

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

This is further evidence of how well the stock market has been doing lately.....LOL. That rig had to be a "pretty penny" and it probably gets less then 10 miles to the gallon.......I suggest you reconsider charging for game play.....LOL. Either that or have them put 3 gallons of gas in the tank as a "cover charge". Still would be a bargain and help pay for you to travel around. My boat eats up 40 gallons an hour cruising the Chesapeake Bay so I know how quickly the dollars add up when you have a gas guzzler !!! Can't take it with you so enjoy it while you are alive.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU and hopefully someday you will be out our way.

The rig has a value up around 300k if I remember correctly, and I think it gets 5mpg.

Money is not a issue. Its not my rig.

This is not a business plan... im quite busy... this is just a fun idea to expose people in North Texas to pinball and the joys of our hobby in a fun way. We will see how it goes. The first excursion with pins loaded up and ready is this Friday.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Awesome post.... Giving advertising tips to the king of shameless self promotion.... LOL... I don't think Jared has anything into that rig, it looks like a father-son racing team owns it.... http://brodygoble.com/?page_id=99

Correct. I am a marketer for a living and consult with companies around the nation on social media campaigns and national events. I got no money in this... you are correct... the rig belongs to friends of mine who are rich enough to not care and think the idea of a mobile arcade is badass like I do.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm still in TX, can I check it out?

Yeah, will be setup in Rockwall at the local Walmart off of I-30 around 2pm on Friday afternoon. Will update you guys soon. The elevator on the back is freaking awesome...

#29 9 years ago

Nobody buy a plane ticket yet... lol... the maiden voyage of the "Pinball Aircraft Carrier" is this Friday. I am sure there will be many kinks to address...

Once I get it all ironed out... we will see.

For now, at least I will have pics of the worlds only double decker pinball arcade on wheels. lol

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Impressive endeavor. Can't wait to see what it looks like on the inside

Gonna look like a race rig with some machines thrown in there. lol

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Going to be interesting to see how you solve the electricity problem for games, lights and ac. This is one topic I'll be following with great interest.

Well, we already have a few problems, notably that the trailer is setup for race use and to not be an arcade... LOL... we think we will only be able to fit 5-6 pins inside of it... and some sit-down games up top (cruising usa, etc). Finding out today and tomorrow. There is plenty of electricity. This is just for fun... not some actual viable business idea. lol

Quoted from maddog14:

Note to self. get new friends

Huh? Why!?

#50 9 years ago

It's all for fun.

Gonna spec out and park in flat places... Level from there.

May do it once and find out it's not worth it to do again... But I'll do it at least once. lol

#52 9 years ago

Some of my "fans" in the local pinball community made this beautiful rendering for me. The fat turtle with my hair photoshopped on top... That's me. lolimage.jpgimage.jpg

#54 9 years ago

The shop job is pretty good!! And it's funny... lol. I need a t-shirt with that turtle on it haha

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

I hope you do a grammar check before you get that printed.

I don't want to put Jared's. I hate apostrophes.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

This is awesome man, love it - will you be back at Expo this year?

Yeah man, flight and room booked. Let's party.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You gonna have all those pins unloaded by early oct for league night?

They will be unloaded by the end of the day Friday.

#65 9 years ago

BTW just found out that the trailer has a auto leveling system built in.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

If you get the kinks worked out, any plans to bring it down south to the Houston area?

Possibly. Right now this is just a fun project using resources available to me through network connections. I do not actually own the trailer and having the specific type of license and driver to operate this thing is a bit of a logistical challenge. There are currently no plans to move it anywhere other than in the immediate vicinity of my home.

That all being said, if it works and is a slamdunk we can see about expanding. Keeping it very close to home pretty much eliminates the concerns about where and tear on the equipment, vehicle and of course gas prices. If we started actually thinking about some sort of road trip things get a little hairy pretty quickly.

Plus there are already many great collections of them all machines that would vastly outnumber whatever we could fit into this trailer and offer a more accommodating play experience.

#75 9 years ago

Yeah, I have a pro driver for the rig. LOL... no way am I driving that thing.

#86 9 years ago

Ok, here is my modest little lineup!

-TAF
    -FT
    -Spider-Man
    -BSD
    -HH
    -F2K

If I can fit more I will!

image-278.jpgimage-278.jpgimage-489.jpgimage-489.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-504.jpgimage-504.jpgimage-965.jpgimage-965.jpg

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Huh. Well, guess I didn't need to worry about league night at any rate. With one exception AFAIK those aren't your games. If they are, you've done some serious upgrading without posting.

Never said they were.

Haunted House is mine, but I never posted about it. Rest are on loan from pinball redbox.

#96 9 years ago

Here we go....image-873.jpgimage-873.jpgimage-101.jpgimage-101.jpgimage-174.jpgimage-174.jpg

#103 9 years ago

Well, things didn't work out. lol.

Of course, I am the idiot who never thought to measure the inside... pinball machines are too large to put the heads up! There is not enough clearance!!! LOL...

This thing could transport 40+ games but can't house a single one setup... bummer!

We set up 3 games on the lift gate and I got on a megaphone yelling at cars to come and play. Many curious people and onlookers gathered... Many played the games! Hooray!!! Taught a few girls how to play for the first time!

Rain came and we had to pack and run... all in all a very fun experience but not something realistic with this large of a rig and it's specific interior dimensions.

Still, I'm always going to keep coming up with new ideas to make life exciting!

Thanks to FUN! in mesquite for loaning me games.

PS - Yes I played in mid-air. Awesome.

image-967.jpgimage-967.jpgimage-219.jpgimage-219.jpgimage-171.jpgimage-171.jpgimage-693.jpgimage-693.jpg

#108 9 years ago

The difference is only about 2 inches.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

So basically what you are saying that this whole thing was a written skit for your reality show? You can hear the comedy sound effects edited over the scene.
    Funny idea, but not very honest towards the people on this group. Come on man, respect our intelligence at least a little bit.

You are well documented hater of mine who likes to instigate trouble and drama wherever you go both on this forum and on Facebook as well as in person.

The idea was my own, the execution was my own, and the pins not fitting into the machine properly was a error of my own just exactly as I have documented here on pins side with photos and text.

Obviously you have an inside line on information that I am contractually obligated to not go into detail about. Everything I was allowed to say I have said and everything that I did say here on pinside is absolutely true.

It was a fun idea but it did not work out exactly as I had planned. Oh well.

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

He's trying as hard as possible to make it happen, just like so many other people running around trying to get a pinball show off the ground.

You don't know what you're talking about. I know that you would like to believe that you do, but you don't. I would say trust me but I know that you don't trust me. But trust me.

#120 9 years ago

I tell you the truth now. I had every intention to fill this trailer with arcade games. It took great time and effort to organize such a gigantic trailer to come out and get into one place. I had to lean on my personal network connections to accomplish this. I was ushered by the trailer owner that arcade games would easily fit inside and never thought to take measurements of pinball machines and inside the trailer myself. Since this is all for fun I did not think much of it or go and do any measurements. To my dismay today as I began to try to set up machines inside the trailer I learned on the spot that they would not fit by a margin of about 2 inches as I have said before. This was very disheartening.

Still, I made the most of the situation and set up three pens on the liftgate and hung out in a public parking lot for a while on a bullhorn inviting complete strangers who were driving or walking by to come and play pinball. Just as I reported, many strangers came up and play pinball for the first time in their lives or the first time in several decades. I had a great time sharing my passion of pinball with people on this trailer, however it was not inside like I had intended.

The idea of putting games and a giant trailer was my own, the idea of using this particular trailer was my own, and all the arrangements made with the games in the trailer were on my own. I know you have no reason to believe me, but it is the truth.

As for anything else you're speaking about I cannot go into intricate details at this time. Just know that what you're talking about is much larger than me and involves many others, some of which do not have any personal taste for me themselves.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-84-foot-mobile-pinball-arcade-semi-truck?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.