Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by joelreeves
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-967.jpg
    image-171.jpg
    image-693.jpg
    image-219.jpg
    image-823.jpg
    image-174.jpg
    image-873.jpg
    image-101.jpg
    image-278.jpg
    image-857.jpg
    image-489.jpg
    image-504.jpg
    image-965.jpg
    anti-tip.WCI.280x215.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

If you add another sign next to it that says FREE TO PLAY it would gather more people. Put the word FREE on anything and people flock like pigeons.

#102 9 years ago

If he had a ninja turtle on it people would flock as well, that's the calling card!

#103 9 years ago

Well, things didn't work out. lol.

Of course, I am the idiot who never thought to measure the inside... pinball machines are too large to put the heads up! There is not enough clearance!!! LOL...

This thing could transport 40+ games but can't house a single one setup... bummer!

We set up 3 games on the lift gate and I got on a megaphone yelling at cars to come and play. Many curious people and onlookers gathered... Many played the games! Hooray!!! Taught a few girls how to play for the first time!

Rain came and we had to pack and run... all in all a very fun experience but not something realistic with this large of a rig and it's specific interior dimensions.

Still, I'm always going to keep coming up with new ideas to make life exciting!

Thanks to FUN! in mesquite for loaning me games.

PS - Yes I played in mid-air. Awesome.

image-967.jpgimage-967.jpgimage-219.jpgimage-219.jpgimage-171.jpgimage-171.jpgimage-693.jpgimage-693.jpg

#104 9 years ago

Well...it WAS a cool idea....

#105 9 years ago

haha.... i had never heard the term "lot lizards" till i listened to the bubba show on sirius/radioio. good stuff man.

ned out@!

Quoted from vid1900:

I know of a few lots to park in to get those kinks worked out.

TX Lizards.jpg 51 KB

#106 9 years ago

Whoops! 0_o

#107 9 years ago

Can you just put shorter legs on them?

How many inches are you off by?

#108 9 years ago

The difference is only about 2 inches.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Any welding shop could just use angle iron for legs and weld a threaded plate on the bottom.

If that trailer is for cars, you know the owner has a MIG at the shop.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Somebody:

The possessive form is optional and is considered neither correct nor incorrect either way. At least, that is the way college grammar is taught, as well as college writing classes and news editing classes.

Hogwash. I can find nothing to support this claim from either a person's homemade webpage about contractions and apostrophes or an actual learning institution's page, like Purdue University.

Newspapers might delete the apostrophe, but then they also use the comma as an "and" replacement. Newspapers just do whatever they want anyway, proper grammar be damned.

#111 9 years ago

So basically what you are saying that this whole thing was a written skit for your reality show? You can hear the comedy sound effects edited over the scene.

Funny idea, but not very honest towards the people on this group. Come on man, respect our intelligence at least a little bit.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

So basically what you are saying that this whole thing was a written skit for your reality show? You can hear the comedy sound effects edited over the scene.

What?

#113 9 years ago

It was a figure of speech. I meant to say you can practically hear the sound effects in your head.

Basically, I'm saying they staged the whole thing for the show, down to the "Being too stupid to measure before hand" part. And he played it up on here like it was real.

#114 9 years ago

Wait, Jared has a reality tv show? Man, I've been out of the loop too much I guess.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

Funny idea, but not very honest towards the people on this group. Come on man, respect our intelligence at least a little bit.

You are well documented hater of mine who likes to instigate trouble and drama wherever you go both on this forum and on Facebook as well as in person.

The idea was my own, the execution was my own, and the pins not fitting into the machine properly was a error of my own just exactly as I have documented here on pins side with photos and text.

Obviously you have an inside line on information that I am contractually obligated to not go into detail about. Everything I was allowed to say I have said and everything that I did say here on pinside is absolutely true.

It was a fun idea but it did not work out exactly as I had planned. Oh well.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

Wait, Jared has a reality tv show? Man, I've been out of the loop too much I guess.

He's trying as hard as possible to make it happen, just like so many other people running around trying to get a pinball show off the ground.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Those huge toppers don't help a few of the games for clearance.

Even with the levelers off the rear legs, you still couldn't drop 2 inches in the back?

Cool idea though!

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

He's trying as hard as possible to make it happen, just like so many other people running around trying to get a pinball show off the ground.

You don't know what you're talking about. I know that you would like to believe that you do, but you don't. I would say trust me but I know that you don't trust me. But trust me.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You are well documented hater of mine who likes to instigate trouble and drama wherever you go both on this forum and on Facebook as well as in person.
    The idea was my own, the execution was my own, and the pins not fitting into the machine properly was a error of my own just exactly as I have documented here on pins side with photos and text.
    Obviously you have an inside line on information that I am contractually obligated to not go into detail about. Everything I was allowed to say I have said and everything that I did say here on pinside is absolutely true.
    It was a fun idea but it did not work out exactly as I had planned. Oh well.

Honestly, dude, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I figured that only the producers of the show would have scripted such a ridiculous scene, because I honestly couldn't imagine anyone doing all of this without doing basic measurements first.

I mean, the reality show cameras were there, so I had good reason to assume that. I guess I stand corrected.

#120 9 years ago

I tell you the truth now. I had every intention to fill this trailer with arcade games. It took great time and effort to organize such a gigantic trailer to come out and get into one place. I had to lean on my personal network connections to accomplish this. I was ushered by the trailer owner that arcade games would easily fit inside and never thought to take measurements of pinball machines and inside the trailer myself. Since this is all for fun I did not think much of it or go and do any measurements. To my dismay today as I began to try to set up machines inside the trailer I learned on the spot that they would not fit by a margin of about 2 inches as I have said before. This was very disheartening.

Still, I made the most of the situation and set up three pens on the liftgate and hung out in a public parking lot for a while on a bullhorn inviting complete strangers who were driving or walking by to come and play pinball. Just as I reported, many strangers came up and play pinball for the first time in their lives or the first time in several decades. I had a great time sharing my passion of pinball with people on this trailer, however it was not inside like I had intended.

The idea of putting games and a giant trailer was my own, the idea of using this particular trailer was my own, and all the arrangements made with the games in the trailer were on my own. I know you have no reason to believe me, but it is the truth.

As for anything else you're speaking about I cannot go into intricate details at this time. Just know that what you're talking about is much larger than me and involves many others, some of which do not have any personal taste for me themselves.

#121 9 years ago

Cheers for trying to do something cool like this and introducing some new people to pinball.

It didn't work exactly according to plan, but so what. you gave it a shot and had some fun.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jareds-epic-84-foot-mobile-pinball-arcade-semi-truck/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.