(Topic ID: 138322)

JARED. Please pass this to Mr. Stern please.

By kklank

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2372636-stormwind.jpg
Sword_and_Shield1.jpg
playskull.jpg
419963.jpg
download.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_12.39.40_PM.png
got-th-compare.jpg
image.jpg
LFP_Participation.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

It's like The Sopranos if they had Adriana, Danielle and Patsy Parisi on the back glass.

I already told my distributer that I will not be getting the LE because of the art. Frankly I don't think the are is so good on the side head either 'groins on fire'. But the side head is something I can overlook by burring the pin in the lineup.

The back glass
actual artwork I give it a C+
content I give it a F-
dynamic or intensity or telling. Story I give it a C+

I understand in the end the house of Tarragon will join the rest of the houses in Westeros but for 80% of the story they are not even on the same continent.

#23 8 years ago

I'm not suggesting Stern will not sell a number of these pins, but it'll be more on the low side when it could possibly have been on the high side. Mainly due to the art. I think the layout looks cool especially on the LE. Also these pins still do not have a color display. For close to $8000, really sucks we need to buy a color DMD for an additional $400. So in the end I'm predicting more like The Avengers or TWD sales for this pin.

#29 8 years ago

I'm hoping Todd McFarlane (or similar) artwork with new dots and color display

image.jpgimage.jpg

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I'm guessing somebody will eventually retheme a MM into a GoT and change all the artwork. Boom! New GoT!

Or just retheme GOT into a real GOT pin. BOOM

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I agree, but good lord can't we get any examples from even the last 20 years?

Big Bang Theory

Backglass would include

Bernadette, Stuart and Janine Davis (woman who works in HR at Cal Tech)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jared should give Gary a footlong and call it a day.

Will never get old.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Well that's a brutal take, Ned Starks character was our introduction to how unfairly the Game of Thrones is played. So the Dvd boxart with him chivalrously bowing to the throne is great imagery. It was the destruction of our innocence in the series and though his character wasn't around a long time his impact is still felt and enjoyed. Drogo's impact is nowhere near that of Starks.

While Drogo was an main character for a time, he's not on the level of Ned Stark.

First Ned is the first main character in the books, introduces the series and you'd have thought the whole series was going to be about Ned. But past that all Ned's children as well as the parts Ned played in the back story about the rebellion against the Dragon lords. John Snow and all the children have major parts.

Wereas Drogo did not have any surviving children and is more like a colorful interlude to the entire story and has nothing at all to do with Westeros.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed that Ned Stark's death was more of a shocker (and reverberates more because of the revenge angle), but I stand by my statement that Drogo remains a "key character" in the Daenerys storyline. If you're arguing that they should have just put Daenerys and the dragons on the backglass you'll get no argument from me. But what other characters could they reasonably have added to the "House Targaryen" LE?

This goes to the core, I think the Lannisters (Tyron, Cersi, Jamie, Joffe, Tywin, the Mountain, the Hound, Littlefinger etc..) who sat on the throne and were the Kingsguard or the Hand of the King) *or* the Starks should be the main lead roles of the series and therefore should be on the LE.

Whatever, all the talk I the world won't change the LE, I'm look out for the premium art package.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

I would have said to myself "Targaryen LE is a bonehead idea, maybe when I pay an artist all this money to create something it should have relevance to the product I am selling" instead of "Yea, put the Handmaiden on there, who gives a shit"

Basically Targaryen is a small sample. Ok it's got the dragons, likely that's what Stern wanted to emphasize as both MMR and The Hobbit have a dragon. But the interesting characters specifically Tyron might not appeal to people who don't know the books or the TV show. So put a cute girl and dragons even though to me they are more or less fluff (IMO).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jared-please-pass-this-to-mr-stern-please?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.