(Topic ID: 138322)

JARED. Please pass this to Mr. Stern please.

By kklank

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2372636-stormwind.jpg
Sword_and_Shield1.jpg
playskull.jpg
419963.jpg
download.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_12.39.40_PM.png
got-th-compare.jpg
image.jpg
LFP_Participation.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavenBlackthorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 8 years ago

Sadly, although Jared is probably reading all of this feedback, he's not going to pass anything on to Gary. When they announced that they were going to "ship overseas orders around September 15, and the North American orders will ship about a month after that to coincide with those first machines' arrival in Europe"--the truth of the matter is that ship has all but sailed.

It's too late to go back to the drawing board if they hope to maintain those ship dates. One could make the argument "Well, JJP did that, they took the feedback from the community, why can't Stern?" The truth is, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Going back to the drawing board takes time, which will result in delays, and buyers will be unhappy with that aspect of their purchase instead.

Fans of the series have been chomping at the bitt for a Game of Thrones themed pinball to be produced for years. Despite a two year development window, it looks quite frankly--rushed as hell. It's disjointed, sloppy, and it honestly doesn't even look like Greg Freres bothered to watch the show before slapping together that generic artwork package.

I'm not going to insinuate that JJP has served their customers any better given all of their delays--but take a minute and just look at the level of detail on the finished product: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/45a.jpg

There are so many subtle intricacies that genuinely captures that the spirit of that universe. None of that detail exists within the Game of Thrones playfield artwork, and there is nothing that even makes you think that this game is actually Game of Thrones unless you recognize the house names. Take those off of the playfield and read the description of gameplay again: "Play as a Knight representing one of the seven houses. Battle the other houses to rule the throne." It looks and sounds like a generic medieval game that got some branding slapped on to it at the last minute.

I was really looking forward to this title. I saved up, and stopped myself from buying other pins because I really thought that after two years this one would be worth the wait.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To everyone going nuts about Drogo being included on the backglass, I'd put him in the same camp as Ned Stark -- didn't make it past the first book/season, but was a pivotal character and his death remains a key part of the storyline. Plus he was a badass. And at the end of the day, if this is the "House Targaryen" machine, they needed to go with characters from Daenerys' story line -- pasting Tyrion or the Stark kids into the frame wouldn't have made much sense. Daenerys and the dragons would have been the better way to go, but the final result looks OK to me.
The playfield, on the other hand, is downright uninspiring, and unfortunately much tougher to mod than a crappy translite.

I could care less about the cabinet art and the backglass at this point. At least they have some semblance of the actual franchise. I don't even notice those now, or the lack of an LCD (which before the reveal I thought was going to be my main sticking point), when compared to the "artwork" on the playfield. The cabinet and backglass are the least of my list of disappointments..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavenBlackthorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jared-please-pass-this-to-mr-stern-please?tu=RavenBlackthorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.