Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jdoz2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1984.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 1.46.02 PM.png
    v.png
    Early_Pinball.jpg
    When-to-wear-yoga-pants.jpg
    JARED.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 11.04.05 PM.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    happy-1.gif
    286466-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    jared.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 8 years ago

Stern Pinball - now with 7 hash tags per Facebook post.

Thanks so much Jared!

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Can't believe how people just waste their lives looking at a cell phone. The art of communication is dying.

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

If Jared were to run for a public office, does that mean he couldn't be mentioned because that would fall under "politics?"

same holds true if he starts an epic cult, ...fall under "religion"

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Ok, now the every 2 hour Stern posts are getting out of hand. It's like clockwork.

And now people complain about increased communication, game photos and other happenings. lol come on

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was just having this discussion with my wife about what they can and cannot track. I am aware and set my privacy filters accordingly.

...which have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Do some research on web beacons, 3rd party cookies and scripting. It's not about what they share with your friends, it's about what they learn about you... and your wife, and kids and anyone else who uses FB without proper protection

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

And now people complain about increased communication, game photos and other happenings. lol come on

The increments of the posts are the issue. I'm sorry but showing pictures already released over and over isn't new information. The communication is great and the replys look to be very positive, BUT every 2 hours to see a new angle of the Stanley toy? Just an observation, no need for a back and forth.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

...which have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Do some research on web beacons, 3rd party cookies and scripting. It's not about what they share with your friends, it's about what they learn about you... and your wife, and kids and anyone else who uses FB without proper protection

The reality is most people don't know and/or don't care. By all means, don't use Facebook, run NoScript and Ghostery etc. It won't change the fact that Facebook is still the prime communication platform for Stern, and it's the smart move for them.

#158 8 years ago

Well, we'll see if it's a smart move. I just stopped following the feed because he can't speak in full sentences and uses six hashtags, @instagram, and @sternpinball in every post........omg, enough already. So bad. #thatsnothowyoudoit

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

The increments of the posts are the issue. I'm sorry but showing pictures already released over and over isn't new information. The communication is great and the replys look to be very positive, BUT every 2 hours to see a new angle of the Stanley toy? Just an observation, no need for a back and forth.

Then make it so their posts don't show in your feed and only make it so you can go to their page.

Complaining about solvable problems is annoying

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Well, we'll see if it's a smart move. I just stopped following the feed because he can't speak in full sentences and uses six hashtags, @instagram, and @sternpinball in every post........omg, enough already. So bad. #thatsnothowyoudoit

#thisishowwedoit @whereyouwantpeopletogo #pointbeingmade

#161 8 years ago

#whogivesashit

#162 8 years ago

I'm sure it will take a little time, feedback & experience for Jared to find a balance between spamming FB feeds vs under-communication.

As for hashtags... they are what they are. A way to find content on instagram.

Regarding FB being the antichrist.

Whatever. Social media is here to stay & it's enjoyable to most. Whether you agree or disagree w/the existance of social media it doesn't make you right, wrong, smart or stupid.

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Most people have no idea that they are part of "The Matrix". They are the product.

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Then make it so their posts don't show in your feed and only make it so you can go to their page.
    Complaining about solvable problems is annoying

No complaint, already hid them. Just saying if mass numbers hide the posts then they won't be present in a lot of feeds. I would think they would like to be present in feeds and the solution to that is picking a happy medium of posts. A post every 2 hours seem accessive, that is all I was saying. Sorry if it sounded like complaining. I wonder if hidden posts by members can be tracked.

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

No complaint, already hid them. Just saying if mass numbers hide the posts then they won't be present in a lot of feeds. I would think they would like to be present in feeds and the solution to that is picking a happy medium of posts. A post every 2 hours seem accessive, that is all I was saying. Sorry if it sounded like complaining. I wonder if hidden posts by members can be tracked.

Gotcha. Interesting point to that. If you don't post as often as a page you won't show up in feeds when you do post. It's an interesting conundrum of Facebook imo

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Gotcha. Interesting point to that. If you don't post as often as a page you won't show up in feeds when you do post. It's an interesting conundrum of Facebook imo

I had to run a business page and I was told by the fans every other day to once a day at the most. We had about 2000 fans I'm still admin of the page due to me creating it. I should see what stats are trackable on it. I haven't been employed with that business in 4+ years.

#167 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I had to run a business page and I was told by the fans every other day to once a day at the most. We had about 2000 fans I'm still admin of the page due to me creating it. I should see what stats are trackable on it. I haven't been employed with that business in 4+ years.

Running 2 pages now and just going based off that is all.

#168 8 years ago

While congrats on the new job, #Pro makes no sense. Not using #pinball neither...

#169 8 years ago

#gershgurndymorndeeburndeeburndeeflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflip

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Nice unwarranted dig, and an unusually crappy post from you.
    If you understood even half of the tracking/surveillance going on with social media sites, you'd probably ditch them too.

I fully understand all of the tracking that goes on. its not just facebook. A vast majority of major sites use ad tracking code as part of their revenue model. It's really hard to use the internet today without having your browsing habits tracked and then pushing you targeted ads based on that data. A number of those services have contacted our studio trying to sell us that data or service. And you can defeat a vast majority of those services by using anonymous mode in the browser.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I fully understand all of the tracking that goes on. its not just facebook.

Facebook is the least of your worries where privacy is concerned.

I'd be willing to bet that 95% of pinsiders have an app on their phone that is reporting data they don't realize is being reported. That's a low-hanging fruit too.

The real money is in "dark data". Imagine throwing a pebble into a calm pond where the impact causes ripples in the surface. That's what happens anytime you push out digital bits, regardless of medium (facebook, twitter, browsing, etc...). Your bits are the pebble, and the ripples are the dark data created by your action. Harvesting that dark data and monetizing it is the future. I know for a fact they've recently been using IBM's Watson to try and make sense of the massive amount of dark data that gets created on a daily basis.

#172 8 years ago

I could care less . Now if all these brilliant minds and programmers could just make an ap that delivers pie to me then the world would be right.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Facebook is the least of your worries where privacy is concerned.
    I'd be willing to bet that 95% of pinsiders have an app on their phone that is reporting data they don't realize is being reported. That's a low-hanging fruit too.
    The real money is in "dark data". Imagine throwing a pebble into a calm pond where the impact causes ripples in the surface. That's what happens anytime you push out digital bits, regardless of medium (facebook, twitter, browsing, etc...). Your bits are the pebble, and the ripples are the dark data created by your action. Harvesting that dark data and monetizing it is the future. I know for a fact they've recently been using IBM's Watson to try and make sense of the massive amount of dark data that gets created on a daily basis.

Exactly.

Don't use a cell phone. Don't use the internet period. No smart tvs. No cars with any data transmit capabilities. Don't tell your wife where you're going. No land phone calls. I think smoke signals and carrier pigeons are still ok

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I could care less . Now if all these brilliant minds and programmers could just make an ap that delivers pie to me then the world would be right.

http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-grocery-delivery

#175 8 years ago

Say whatever you want, I think Jared is doing an incredible job.

If they can keep this up I can see Stern becoming the gold standard for community correspondence.

#176 8 years ago

I don't know a lot about hashtags and such so I don't know if he's doing anything wrong there (hey, being on Twitter and Instagram took me a while and I probably have my hash tags all messed up too). Anyways, I've had the pleasure to meet Jared at Expo last year. We had a few drinks together and talked about Ninja Turtles and whatnot. The dude is incredibly energetic and really passionate about pinball. We worked on bringing some of the seminars to Pinsiders worldwide. I say "we" but really it was all Jared. He's an in-your-face kind of guy, talks fast and thinks quick. I found him super positive and not afraid to stick is head out. I think he's a perfect addition for Sterns communication. Regardless of any hash tags. Congrats, Jared

#177 8 years ago

Jared doing a great job IMO. Typical pinside that we get given dozens of high quality new pics of the next Stern in production, and the only discussion is about the use of # tags.

#178 8 years ago

So who is taking all the pictures (since Jared lives in Texas)? Did they always take this much media and not ever release any of it? Or is he having to tell them "Go shoot pictures of stuff on the line, this will be great for buzz"? Weird.

#179 8 years ago

more like..... #theovaloffice

Quoted from joestro78:

If Jared were to run for a public office, does that mean he couldn't be mentioned because that would fall under "politics?"

#180 8 years ago

Jared is a great guy, but way toooooooo energetic for me to deal with for more than a few minutes. I like his optimism when I don't have to constantly see it on my facebook page, facebook groups, and here...

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Jared is a great guy, but way toooooooo energetic for me to deal with for more than a few minutes. I like his optimism when I don't have to constantly see it on my facebook page, facebook groups, and here...

that has to be the first time anyone said they didn't want more info from Stern

#182 8 years ago

Jared is KICKING ASS!!!

#183 8 years ago

I think Jared is doing a great job. I've seen more actual fun information from Stern in the past few days than I have in a very long time.

I'm sure he is overdoing it right now to prove a point, but he will find that happy medium. Just give him time.

We would have never seen KISS on the line if he wasn't doing it, especially with manufacturing pictures that weren't staged. The little carpet/felt pieces protecting the playfield from damage are genius. I think I want a stack of those for my pinball toolbag.

#184 8 years ago

I have a suggestion for those whining about Jared posting too much:

Use you thumb and keep on scrolling.

#185 8 years ago

Complaining about too much information???? His appointment coincides with one of Sterns biggest releases since ACDC. Of course there is going to be a lot to post about. Wait until the down time between game releases - won't be nearly as much.

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

one man chops the wood, the other does the grunting.
    -Yiddish proverb

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

He's a lot more normal IRL

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

He's a lot more normal IRL

We both know the same Jared, right?

I keed. I keed.

Jared is a boon for Stern. He will help push their Facebook presence in the correct direction.

Marcus

#189 8 years ago

Jared is doing a fantastic job on Stern's FB page. At least compared to what it had been. We have never seen anything close to the types of pictures that have been posted regarding KISS assembly on the line. Good stuff.

#190 8 years ago

All right stop
    Collaborate and listen
    jared is back with my brand new invention
    Something grabs a hold of me tightly
    Then I flow that a harpoon daily and nightly
    Will it ever stop?
    Yo, I don't know
    Turn off the lights and I'll glow
    To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
    Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle...

#191 8 years ago

Jared is doing a kick ass job! Keep the information and pictures coming!

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

All right stop
    Collaborate and listen
    jared is back with my brand new invention
    Something grabs a hold of me tightly
    Then I flow that a harpoon daily and nightly
    Will it ever stop?
    Yo, I don't know
    Turn off the lights and I'll glow
    To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
    Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle...

All right stop
    Pinside and listen
    Jared & Stern now got your attention
    Pictures of Kiss pinball so likely
    Hand-drawn artwork rocking so rightly
    Will it ever stop?
    Yo, I don't know
    Show us all some gameplay video
    To the extreme & play some pin like a vandal
    Light up the game and show us all we can handle

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

All right stop
    Pinside and listen
    Jared & Stern now got your attention
    Pictures of Kiss pinball so likely
    Hand-drawn cartoons rocking so rightly
    Will it ever stop?
    Yo, I don't know
    Turn on the Pro and we'll go
    To the extreme to play some pin like a vandal
    Light up the game and show us all we can handle

loll much better.

#194 8 years ago

Seriously people say we don't get enough and now some are saying too much! Jared is doing an awesome job

#195 8 years ago

I think Jared is doing a great job !
    The fact that Stern made a change and is improving communications is promising.

#196 8 years ago

The facebook page was a big negative issue for Stern. I would suggest maybe Jared grant an amnesty to everyone previously banned, and start fresh. That would probably create a lot of goodwill with what is probably a lot of affected people, many of whom banned for stupid stuff like asking about code updates.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

The facebook page was a big negative issue for Stern. I would suggest maybe Jared grant an amnesty to everyone previously banned, and start fresh. That would probably create a lot of goodwill with what is probably a lot of affected people, many of whom banned for stupid stuff like asking about code updates.

That is exactly what Jared is working on. Jared is having to work through the ban list and figure out who is real and who is a spam bot.

If you are interested in being removed from the ban list, I suggest that you send Jared a PM.

Marcus

#198 8 years ago

I don't know who Jared is but if he's doing the current Facebook stuff, he's doing a great job.

It was always weird to me in the past why Stern was so reluctant to market their machines. So many cool, little things on them all and they almost didn't want you to know about it. Now they are putting up tons of pictures and promoting the various aspects of the game. I wasn't even interested in the KISS theme but those pictures they are putting up has gotten me thinking about it now.

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Boy it is late, I can't understand the above post at all. I had to look up what dark data was, never heard the term before. For anyone as baffled as me here is what I found:

"Specific examples of what could make up all of your dark data will be wide-ranging on a company-to-company basis, but any of the following could absolutely fall under this fairly broad term if they are outdated or unstructured:

Customer Information
    Log Files
    Account Information
    Previous Employee Data
    Financial Statements
    Raw Survey Data
    Email Correspondences
    Notes or Presentations
    Old Versions of Relevant Documents"

#200 8 years ago

i don't know jared, but he blocked me on facebook.

...er dürfte aber ziemlich spaßbefreit sein. :X

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jared-now-in-charge-of-sterns-fb/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.