View topic image gallery

IMG_1307[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1308[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1306[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1305[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1304[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1303[1] (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey all, so I recently came into a couple of multi-cade cabinets and a full size ms pac man cab.
I thought since the multi-cades already had 4 in 1 cards I wouldn't be hurting anything by making one of them (for now) a 60 in 1.

issue I was having with the 4 in 1 card was that frogger will not go left, right, or up.
ms pac man is playable but if you let go of the joy stick she goes down.
donkey kong, dude wont climb the ladder.. so no up lol
galaga works fine left and right, and of course fire.

So my thought was okay something is wrong with this board, so I ordered a 60 in 1 and it does the same exact thing.
I went into diagnostics and all buttons register as well as the joy stick directions.
joy stick also functions properly while going through the game menu's

so I'm at a loss here... was thinking it might be the harness or a wire connection but everything works when in test mode.
any ideas?

thanks in advance

IMG_1303[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1303[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1304[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1304[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1305[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1305[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1306[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1306[1] (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

screen shots of the i/o test... red is active

those are all my buttons.
joystick up, down, left, right
player 1 start and player 2 start buttons
p1 s1 is fire
coins slot
and test button to get into test/diagnostics
oh and dip 2 and 3 for screen resolution and high score save

i don't have any of the other buttons

IMG_1308[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1308[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1307[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1307[1] (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

You might get an answer on KLOV arcade games forum.Just a thought.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

You might get an answer on KLOV arcade games forum.Just a thought.

I'll give it a shot, thank you

#5 6 years ago

Not big on Jamma boards, I do have 1 40in1, but is your game set up for the correctly for the way your monitor sits?
just guessing.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Not big on Jamma boards, I do have 1 40in1, but is your game set up for the correctly for the way your monitor sits?
just guessing.

yes. dip switches are also set correctly.
I thought I had a board issue and purchased the new 60 in 1 but it does the same stuff...
what gets me is everything works in the I/O screen

#7 6 years ago

Since it does not appear to be an issue with the boards, have you tried with a different joystick? Also, do you know if it ever worked correctly, as it could be an issue with the wiring harness?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

Since it does not appear to be an issue with the boards, have you tried with a different joystick? Also, do you know if it ever worked correctly, as it could be an issue with the wiring harness?

never worked correctly with the 4 in 1 board, so I did the upgrade to 60 in 1, with the same issues... so my next step was to post it up and then harness.
what got me was the test works... everything registers as it should.

it's weird how some games have different issues though.
did dug wont go to the right, but galaga works fine left and right... just weird.
donkey kong wont go up, but ms pac man will.

I was going to swap controls from one machine to the other since I have 2 identical cabs, but it's just micro switches... and they work in test mode, so I didn't see the point in doing that.

#9 6 years ago

might be wired wrong, I would just move the wires from the ends of the joystick/button switches and move them to where they are suppose to be

#10 6 years ago

micro switches have 2 different connections n/o = normally open, n/c = normally closed. If I remember correctly you want it wired for normally open.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

might be wired wrong, I would just move the wires from the ends of the joystick/button switches and move them to where they are suppose to be

I'll take a look at wire color and pin location and make sure they are going to the correct pins on the board and to the correct micro switches.
I would think my I/O test would show something wired incorrectly but you never know.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

micro switches have 2 different connections n/o = normally open, n/c = normally closed. If I remember correctly you want it wired for normally open.

will get my meter out and check micro switches while I'm looking at wire locations... maybe why ms pac man defaults "down"
and mario wont go up... may be a bad micro switch.

Thanks guys

#13 6 years ago

So I ordered a new harness... but thought I would check the micro switches on the joystick with my meter before installing it... (because I actually have other cabs I can put that in) turns out one of them was sticking a bit.
got it strait, so games are all working now.

thanks for the input and ideas of things to check guys

#14 6 years ago

Glad you got it sorted out!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jamma-board-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.