3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Another casualty of the pandemic. And this one hurts.

I'd been going there since I moved back to California in '85. Only a few miles from any of the three residences I've had here. I've known Rick the owner for many, many years. It was primarily a video arcade but he always kept 6-8 pinballs in the place at any given time. He would even let me help maintain & fix his pins now and again. I even helped arrange for him to get newer games at discounted prices thanks to my connections at the Banning Museum of Pinball. Just a couple years back the place was honored with a framed award from the folks who run the Walter Day Trading Card Museum.

I really hoped Rick would be able to ride this out and keep the place going. The arcade's Facebook page has had 400+ comments just within the last few days. Me and some friends are meeting there tomorrow to say goodbye to Rick and the place one last time before the doors close for good. (Most of the games have already been sold.)

https://www.dailybulletin.com/2021/03/29/after-43-years-its-game-over-for-upland-arcade

#2 3 years ago

Another casualty of war... so sad to see and we all have seen many this past year. Despite the despair, I do believe That arcades will return with the popularity of pinball on the rise.

#3 3 years ago

Likewise. This place was one of my to go-tos. I started coming here in 2014 as a customer, even had the chance to work there. Time was about six months to a year, but still what an experience. Thank you James Games for many fun memories!

#4 3 years ago

Sorry to hear. For the owners and patrons.

LTG : (

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.