Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220707_175731 (resized).jpg
    E2SCYKyXoAE_0kW (resized).jpeg
    MV5BNGFmNWZiNjEtN2NiZC00NTcxLTg3M2ItNzE1MDA3NGNkMjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    JamesCaan (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Legendary actor....

James Caan, Oscar-nominated actor of 'The Godfather,' 'Misery' and 'Elf,' dies at 82
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/07/entertainment/james-caan-dies/index.html

#2 1 year ago

Sad, as all the great ones are beginning their journeys home now.. Most modern day Hollywood actors/actresses just suck now IMHO.

RIP "Sonny"

#3 1 year ago

He was good in “Thief”.

#4 1 year ago

RIP Frank Vitale

LTG : (

#5 1 year ago

RIP He was good in "Misery".

#6 1 year ago

JamesCaan (resized).jpgJamesCaan (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

RIP He was good in "Misery".

I’ve been reading Misery again. It is impossible to read without picturing Caan as the protagonist.

#9 1 year ago

Don't forget the main antagonist in Eraser - Robert Deguerin!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 1 year ago

I liked him in the TV series Las Vegas too.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Don't forget the main antagonist in Eraser - Robert Deguerin!

First movie I think of when I think of him. I had never actually watched The Godfather until a few months ago. As a 50+ year old, I figured it was finally time to see what all the hoopla was about.

#12 1 year ago

Brian’s Song

#13 1 year ago

Dam this one hit hard.
    Called my dad up right away to reminisce about all his movies we watched together.

Many have been mentioned
    Also alien nation.

Plus I loved his small part in one of the best war movies ever.
    A Bridge too far...where he threatened to blow the surgeons fucking head off if he didn't operate on his buddy right away..
    Fantastic scenes from that one.

Also if you have never seen it do yourself a favor and see him and Alan arkin in " Freebie and the bean"

Could go on and on but wow just really one of my favorites and such a freaking tough guy.

MV5BNGFmNWZiNjEtN2NiZC00NTcxLTg3M2ItNzE1MDA3NGNkMjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNGFmNWZiNjEtN2NiZC00NTcxLTg3M2ItNzE1MDA3NGNkMjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #14 1 year ago

Also Rollerball.

RIP, you will live on forever in all these great roles you portrayed.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Damn, I just watched this movie today…recorded it last night.

#16 1 year ago

El Dorado - Mississippi

#17 1 year ago

The best football coach ever in The Program!

RIP lots of memories there watching that show a hundred times, might have to watch it tonight.

#18 1 year ago

Johnathan, Johnathan, Johnathan... Rollerball is my top Caan flick. What a great actor he was.

#19 1 year ago
    E2SCYKyXoAE_0kW (resized).jpegE2SCYKyXoAE_0kW (resized).jpeg
    #20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He was good in “Thief”.

Thief is fantastic. Arguably Caan's best performance. I think it's Michael Mann's best. Plus an excellent Tangerine Dream score.

I know what I'm watching this weekend.

20220707_175731 (resized).jpg20220707_175731 (resized).jpg
    #21 1 year ago

Elf is my kids favorite Christmas movie.

Just watched the "The Godfather" last week and the TV show "the Offer" they made out like the scene where Sonny beats up Carlo that he really did beat him up a little.

"quote"
    https://www.whattowatch.com/features/fact-vs-fiction-the-offer-episode-8-did-james-caan-really-beat-up-his-godfather-co-star

The fact: The fight scene between Carlo and Sonny being more real than expected is true, but the reasoning appears to be fabricated.

Gianni Russo has said in multiple interviews, that Caan really did beat him up, ultimately breaking two ribs and chipping Russo’s elbow.

"We choreographed that scene for about a day and a half… Jimmy got a little aggressive, I would say and he improvised a few things like that little billy club he threw at me when I came off the stoop. He hit me right in the head with that, and then he throws me over the railing and he’s biting my hands… when I crawl out, he literally lifted me up with his kick… none of that was supposed to happen."

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Thief is fantastic. Arguably Caan's best performance. I think it's Michael Mann's best. Plus an excellent Tangerine Dream score.

Also available to stream on Pluto for free with limited commercials. No account needed.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

...I think it's Michael Mann's best...

Shiiiiiiit. Even if it made it past Manhunter, Heat puts it down.
    All fantastic though

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shiiiiiiit. Even if it made it past Manhunter, Heat puts it down.
    All fantastic though

I liked it way better than Manhunter. I forgot he did Heat!

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Also if you have never seen it do yourself a favor and see him and Alan arkin in " Freebie and the bean"

Hilarious movie!

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

El Dorado - Mississippi

Oh yeah!I loved the hat and he used a shotgun all the time.Fun movie!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-caan-oscar-nominated-actor-of-the-godfather-misery-and-el and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.