astin martin (resized).jpg
bond_code name (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Spinner fix Posted by PinballHaven (1 year ago)

Post #117 Code .70 link Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I should have my Pro next week - curious what folks are thinking for powder coating on the pro? Wondering if anything beyond red would make sense...

Wonder no more...

007 Bond Pro-Yellow.png007 Bond Pro-Yellow.png007 Bond Pro-orange.png007 Bond Pro-orange.png007 Bond Pro-pink.png007 Bond Pro-pink.png007 Bond Pro-red.png007 Bond Pro-red.png007 Bond Pro-teal.png007 Bond Pro-teal.png
#63 1 year ago
Quoted from gandalfnet:

Lots of insert clear coat crackle on mine.
How is everyone's else's?
Keith

You mean like orange peel? I saw a new Godzilla recently that was really bad in that regard and Stern said it was OK.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Oh man, I've got $5 towards the first person who wants to powder coat that yellow monstrosity in hot pink

I call that the Pushy...Pushy Galore edition.

I'm actually kind of into the teal one.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm a big fan of tastefully powder coated games.
But these choices ... yikes!

The cabinet design is so garish there are not many colors that will improve it. The pink cracked me up, though. Made it look like a Barbie pin.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Seriously...the first guy/gal to powder a pro pink gets MAD FLEX points in my book. The pro is hideous, own it and go full circle back to sexy man!

It would certainly get attention on location with that color scheme. I wonder if it would help or hurt revenue...

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The red powder had me thinking McDonald’s was a corporate sponsor for the game.

If there was a pinball equivalent of the Golden Raspberry award, Bond Pro would win hands-down for worst art package. That yellow cab and the ugly backglass are such a turnoff (to me at least).

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wonder why no videos of Bond pros on line. Weird not to get the hype rolling on it.

Bond does not advertise his movements.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh def a surge in code lately. Someone mentioned it but in general the code updates across all Sterns have been more frequent and generally more consistent. Maybe they listening to us, maybe they recognize importance to their business reputation...

Stern is absolutely pulling away from JJP, whose code finishing/polishing reputation is pretty much in the toilet. JJP formerly was the gold standard, polishing WoZ to an incredible shine over 5 years. PotC and GnR are both YEARS overdue for some love. Looks like GnR might be getting updates at last, but that's a slap in the face to the PotC owners who have been waiting longer.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Is there truth to the statement that both pops and slings fire at the same time? That sounds pretty whack

Just the pops, and only on the LE/Prem. Pros fire independently.

Bond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gifBond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gif
#141 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Are they shipping owners manuals with the games? Couldn’t find a pdf online. I’d like to order some Titans before mine arrives so just wanted to double check on sizes if anyone can help me out

Nope. You don't get a printed manual anymore, and sternpinball.com doesn't seem to have the manual posted yet. I checked for "james_bond_pro_web.pdf" which should be the name, and came up empty.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Did they stop that with Rush? I got one with both GZ and DP nib earlier this year

A complete manual, or just a small subset of the PDF?

#180 1 year ago

One nice thing Gomez did for Bond Pro owners was to make the underwater/flying Bond sculpts they custom made for the Bond Prem/LE pins available to Pro owners as a "service kit" they can buy in the Stern store. He didn't indicate the price, though.

Also, Bond 60th has just the home pin size screen, in the playfield, according to Gomez.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like the flasher to light the prem/LE under water figures is included on the pro. So if you buy the Stern sculpts of the figures (George said you will be able to on the Marco stream yeserday) you could mount them in your pro and add a tinted plastic to get the same effect as on the prem/LE games.
That's assuming Stern doesn't disable the flasher signal in the pro code.

And maybe build out the diorama a little better with a background so there isn't cabinet hardware clearly visible when the light comes on. The Pre/LE one is so lazy.

I do wonder how expensive that sculpt "service kit" will be...

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Oh and said the topper won’t cost anywhere near what Mando topper did.

That probably means $1,898.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The LE really should have nicer rails. Very disappointing that the laser cut ones are an add-on. I think they may be referring to the artwork showing through any laser cut area by the flippers since the side art goes all the way up there. They could have done some etching or something else to make them work with the LE cabinet.

They put aluminum foil behind the rails on other laser cut rails like GoT. Could have done it here, too.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Same thing happened to us!
[quoted image]

This has to be a humidity thing. I've bought a LOT of Sterns NIB, straight off the line, all through the seasons and never had a rusted ball in the box. We have very little humidity here or in most of the West it transits to get here. Knock on wood, but I've never seen this issue with Stern balls.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

recently it's been a problem on many new stern games, seems like a bad batch of balls or they were stored improperly. There were games at expo with huge rust spots on the balls right in front of the stern stage and nobody seemed to care (I did try to report it), such a horrible deal for the people who committed to buying those show games.

Hmm, possible they had a bad batch and Stern QA "missed" it. I have a Bond machine that's been stuck in Fedex hell, but when I get it, I guess I'll see...

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Also having an issue with the shooter rod, it will not fire the ball to the playfield , but hitting the button will.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is your machine level, left to right? Check it with a physical level, not an app. I know on the GotG that I had last, when it was initially a little off left to right it wouldn't launch correctly with the manual plunge, but once I adjusted it just slightly so it was exactly level, manual plunges worked great.

If that's not it, your playfield may be shifted on the pegs in the cabinet to one side. Move it so the shooter rod is lined up with the center of the ball when the ball is in the shooter lane.

Even less likely is the shooter was installed incorrectly. You can loosen the shooter plate and move the whole thing a mm or two so the shooter lines up better with the ball.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

He did say many thought he should do something using underwater divers or the DB5.

Should have just repurposed the Black Knight topper and made it M shaking his head and taunting you when you're missing shots.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Has any body had trouble with their drops dropping? Can't quite figure out what's holding them up...

Do they drop when you tap them with your finger? If so you might just be hitting them too hard with the ball so they bounce back to the shelf that holds them up before they can fall (i.e. bricking the target). Maybe dial the flipper power down and see if that helps? If not, a stronger spring on the targets will pull them down faster and may also help if there's not a mechanical binding issue and your finger can drop the targets.

Quoted from radial_head:

Also far be it of me to correct grammar on pinside, but shouldn't the apostrophe be after the s, or have no apostrophe at all?

Yes. But with rusty balls and drop targets that don't drop on Bond that's the least of the worries here.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I guess I'll take drops that don't drop over having to make the whole game slower and lower the flipper power.
The thing that still shocks me is that there isn't a long wireform over the back over ALL of the drops. There's very few shots that quietly/calmly feed the upper flipper and sine there are going to be a lot of important shots up there, it seems odd to only have direct shots that send it flying around there.
==

Like I said, you also might be able to solve the problem with a stronger spring on each drop target without changing flipper power.

The important part is do the targets fall when tapped by your finger? If yes, then there are solutions to help. If NO then you have a mechanical issue and something is binding.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I purchased this 7" vinyl decal :
ebay.com link: itm
You can tell they lazily traced the logo in illustrator so I would shop around for a cleaner image. I didn't notice that when I ordered but oh well.

Probably autotraced. Even lazier.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know what the code name was/is for Bond? Any Pro owners want to check under the pf?

Apparently it's "Stick"?

That's what mine says.

bond_code name (resized).jpgbond_code name (resized).jpg
#323 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone seeing this on their DB5?[quoted image]

I would think that one is probably missing the rubber bumper under the lid so the ball is grinding plastic on eject...
astin martin (resized).jpgastin martin (resized).jpg

We'll see how mine holds up with the bumper in place...

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Nothing from stern yet and my launch party is this Saturday

Sounds like a road trip to Stern on Friday? Really seems like Stern's problem to solve if you're a Stern Army location with a launch party.

If that fails, maybe Zach from FlipnOut will let you borrow one in exchange for promotion of his business for a day. Would really suck if your Bond launch party had no Bond.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Champion, thanks. Bond on a Stick?

I thought it was a boner reference given Bond's reputation with the ladies. But who knows?

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Ours is Saturday as well and still crickets. Not even a post from stern for the different launch party dates

I'd be working on plan B with Game Exchange for promotion exchange or an operator rental (there are 3 on location in the denver area showing one) or something to make sure a Bond was there for the launch party. Really poor form to leave the Stern Army hanging.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Same just needing the promo launch stuff

Ah, well that's not AS bad. IOUs will do in a pinch.

#334 1 year ago

Man the rusty ball talk on Bond was NO JOKE. ALL the balls had rust on them in the Bond Pro I just unpacked. Made a mess of the silica gel pack, too. Worst I've ever had with a NIB Stern. More cost cutting or bad lot? Crazy.

If you have a Bond coming, make sure you have some balls available because the stock ones will likely be unusable.

rusty-balls-bond-pro (resized).jpgrusty-balls-bond-pro (resized).jpg

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Oh my, they shipped the balls in a paper envelope and expected the silica gel to do something useful? It probably saturated in a week after being put in there.

NIB pinballs often have a coating on them to prevent this from happening that you wash off before use, but I don't remember if Stern does it. These are a huge fail, and from the sound of it, widespread on Bond. That's why I suspected cost cutting off the bat.

#337 1 year ago

I hate getting fingerprints on the sides of glass near the channels, top and bottom. No matter how hard I try to hold only the edges with open palms, I invariably get fingerprints on the glass, especially since I take the glass often while making mods. I've been thinking about getting some glass suction cups to eliminate that problem. With Bond, I had a brand new pair of them and decided to use them and see how they were.

They are GREAT. They grab the glass securely, and I don't have to touch any part of the glass. When I want to remove them, I press the pressure release and all that remains is a thin circular mark where the suction cup was, but it's in the center of the glass where it's easy to clean, and ONLY on the top side. Very happy with the result and thought I'd share in case anyone else is super OCD about fingerprints.
playfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups_on_PF (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups_on_PF (resized).jpg

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Ah ok, I've never had a 'NIB' machine... only 70's - 90's. 007 will be my first. Most of the balls I've bought to replace on my older machines were from Marco. So I expected buying 25-40 year old machines to have cruddy balls.
Already ordered new balls for the LE I've got on order.

I just thought it was a wry commentary on "classic" Connery Bond's outdated womanizing. A level of theme detail you rarely see from Stern.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Can anyone other than the OP key posts though? That's actually really useful in the long run for an owners thread.

Yeah, there are quite a few that can keypost in any thread. It's not limited to a thread OP.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

wierd... ours were fine. Cleaned them with alchohol like normal. haven't had bad balls out of the box in any recent releases I can remember. They aren't perfect shine, but nothing like that rust. Ouch.

Yeah, I've bought a LOT of NIB pins, mostly Sterns, and this is literally the first time I've ever had rusted balls. Never even had A rusted ball before out of the box. I was discounting the rusted ball Bond talk, but there's definitely something to it, having been hit with it in a big way. 6/6 rusted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,100 (OBO)
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.50
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-owners-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.