astin martin (resized).jpg
bond_code name (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Spinner fix Posted by PinballHaven (1 year ago)

Post #117 Code .70 link Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#42 1 year ago

Glad to be away from the nonsense. Waiting on my Premium. Great to see these Pros!! Can be a fun journey to get from 0.68 to 1.0 (full code would be better… but I’ll be glass half full)

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from debaser:

Stern included a little something extra inside my 007 cabinet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a piece of a gadget, prob fell of James while wrestling with that spectre bastard underwater.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This may be the first time I recall first deliveries and no excitement from a gameplay perspective. Has me rethinking my premium order.

This sounds like some quality whining that would be perfect for the hype thread. Not the owners thread.

#119 1 year ago

Yeh def a surge in code lately. Someone mentioned it but in general the code updates across all Sterns have been more frequent and generally more consistent. Maybe they listening to us, maybe they recognize importance to their business reputation, maybe they have more of a team approach on code, maybe they’ve implemented basic project management timelines/deliverables instead of leaving it to coders to do when they feel like it, who knows but I like the outcome if it’s real! I’m hoping with Bond code being particularly so early (<.70) at release that they will be particularly sensitive and diligent to keep giving us the updates.

Def looking forward to seeing some more gameplay and home owner thoughts soon! I’m a Premium so will love vicariously through you Pro and soon to be LE owners.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Picked up my bond pro for location a few days ago and I think I have enough time on it to give a few impressions for anyone that cares.
Visual/art-
Game looks better than in pictures and has a very fluid style that isn't disrupted from the cab to the playfield, it flows very well. They kept the same 60's style and color pallet from the original bond films and did a great job. Those that say this looks like photoshop era stern are way off. It may be clip art but there was direction and most importantly the colors flow very well. This is not early 2000's stern here. The yellow cab looks great and is bold in a subtle way if that makes sense.
Layout-
This is where it gets good. THIS GAME HAS FLOW and it shoots VERY well. I am a Gomez fan and this layout doesn't disappoint. His willingness to try a different layout does not disappoint here. This feels unique but not clunky, DP players will like bond and it has "it" when you are making shots. I've noted through the years that his games have a certain easy to pick up and hard to master feeling, usually long playing for a decent player and bond is no different. I still route a sopranos for this same reason, casuals and decent players like it and bond will be no different. For my operators out there, this game will do VERY well on route, at least that's my opinion based on my past and its like, my opinion man!
Left ramp waayyy in the back feeding the left flipper into the right ramp to the horseshoe around the rocket to upper flip side ramp is a VERY satisfying combo! Whew that typed out long but man it shoots well. Hybrid pyramid type ramp reminds me of corvette or Baywatch and works well here. The drops in front of the rocket surprising work very well and there are a few different ways of feeding the upper flipper which is always a huge bonus in a 3 flipper game. Shots are tight but again it feels like a Gomez game and that's a good thing, once you get a feeling for them they aren't impossible and the reward for practice feels great. I'm having some issues with the game registering ball locks on the mini loop but it appears to be a code problem as the switches are fine. Code, ahh we will get to that...Back to the fun, and it really does feel like a refreshing layout. The scoop under the DB7 is just hard enough to hit but not constantly in the way slowing down the flow. It's my one complaint sometimes in a Borg layout and even going back to adams family, but I digress. The kicker to the wireworm from the car is great and makes a good feed to the right. Really great to see the up post in the insane holding a ball before a mode. Keith has been rocking this mech with great success and its nice to see a different designer implement it. The layout looks simple but packs a punch, and I know this is somewhat subjective but I believe this will go down as another home run from stern.
Sound/music-
What can I say here, the Bond theme is ALL TIME awesome so let's get that out of the way. Yes at this time its used too much but I anticipate that changing in the future. The songs tied the villains really sound great and puts you in the movie for a brief time. The music feels period correct and that is important in a game like this to keep you in the world. Really love the mellow music in Mr Wint and Mr Kidd. The callouts have a bit to be desired, I really hope there is more to come here. The announcer is perfect however the clips and sounds from the movies are....odd. One that really is misplaced would be the ring mode for Q. People playing the mode all agreed that listening to a women complain to Q about nonsense while you play a mode is just weird. I know some of the sound effects are scheduled to change so I don't think its worth it to grind on what we have so far, but realize the sound, like the code is very basic.
Code-
It's basic, as in just enough to be called a pinball machine basic. Modes do in fact stack and this is only brought up as it took us many games to realize this as the insert LEDs really don't alternate colors yet to give the player info. I'm still not sure how multipliers work or the how important the specter weapons are. Honestly there are many questions, too many to list and at this point I put faith that stern will make this complete. It ABSOLUTELY has the bones of a masterpiece and the code will be the key to get there. Those of us that remember ST, DP, and JP when they came out you will have similar vibes here. With the team in place and using the past as any example this one will go down as great.
Final thoughts-
Love it so far. Code is basic as it gets and hopefully improves soon. The layout and theme integration are TOP NOTCH. For those of us dedicated silver ball chronicles listeners :wink:we know that Gomez is a HUGE Bond fan and I truly believe he won't let this one rot away in basic code purgatory. Have faith people! This game is a blast to play and will hopefully earn well. It's sometimes a hard balance to strike but I have a good feeling that Bond will crush it.

Great write up. Thank you

#156 1 year ago

Do the Bond girls and gadgets near Q and lower mid playfield give you perks during modes or MBs? I was hoping for example each gadget could be used in multiple settings/modes/MBs but do different thinks (like gems on AIQ, or characters on GoT). If codingdone right it can create endless variations on how complete game, what order, which perks etc…

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Setup our game at Ocelot brewing in Dulles VA.
Game is fun to shoot. The variety of shot angles is fun to explore… a bit like Jurassic park when new.
The lighting is warm white to fit the older look.
The sounds and mood of the game is really reminiscent of batman 66 right now. The way the constant soundtrack and video clips play and many of the sounds have a similar mood. I mean… it fits the 60s vibe. The spinner is like meteor.
Only issue so far is the ball likes to get stuck in the right inlane. The up post is close to the switch cutout so it holds the ball in the switch cutout and ball can’t roll out of it. Will try a piece of mylar to cover the edge of the groove.
[quoted image]

The angles do look interesting. One of reasons I like Alien is that unusual placement of the mid lower left flipper (plus the upper right which is inside of the right orbit) - which create new angles. Not easy to come up with truly new shots now in 2023, but I can see Bond achieving a bit of that (without having played)

What do you mean by meteor? (It’s heavy/hard to spin?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 19.95
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-owners-club?tu=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.