playfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpg
rusty-balls-bond-pro (resized).jpg
astin martin (resized).jpg
bond_code name (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Marshall at Little Shop of Games (the distributor I’m getting my premium from) told me the Premiums start shipping in January.

So when will the LE’s ship?

#252 1 year ago

I guess I'll take drops that don't drop over having to make the whole game slower and lower the flipper power.

The thing that still shocks me is that there isn't a long wireform over the back over ALL of the drops. There's very few shots that quietly/calmly feed the upper flipper and sine there are going to be a lot of important shots up there, it seems odd to only have direct shots that send it flying around there.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I guess I'll take drops that don't drop over having to make the whole game slower and lower the flipper power.
The thing that still shocks me is that there isn't a long wireform over the back over ALL of the drops. There's very few shots that quietly/calmly feed the upper flipper and sine there are going to be a lot of important shots up there, it seems odd to only have direct shots that send it flying around there.
==

Like I said, you also might be able to solve the problem with a stronger spring on each drop target without changing flipper power.

The important part is do the targets fall when tapped by your finger? If yes, then there are solutions to help. If NO then you have a mechanical issue and something is binding.

#254 1 year ago

I'm waiting on an email back from stern on the drops. I believe they were installed too far back in the slot which will require careful warranty voiding rework to fix, or a new populated playfield from them.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Also lots of extra work to make a totally different topper than what they already have for the 60th. I think it would just make more business sense to use the same topper for both games.

It would be extra work, but the flip side is that if they want people to buy both it would look odd having two of the same topper on different machines in your game room

#256 1 year ago

Le was on line so hopefully start shipping this week.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Has any body had trouble with their drops dropping? Can't quite figure out what's holding them up...
I've only experienced drop rejects and left orbit/ramp rejects most. Thoughts?
Also far be it of me to correct grammar on pinside, but shouldn't the apostrophe be after the s, or have no apostrophe at all?

After the s. Owners’ club. Right now it’s singular, one owner.

#258 1 year ago

Just joined the club, as most said code is very basic at the moment, but has potential. I'm really enjoying the shots and flow of the game pretty fast player.

20221204_231734 (resized).jpg20221204_231734 (resized).jpg
#259 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday as well... The cat likes it

PXL_20221205_023657882 (resized).jpgPXL_20221205_023657882 (resized).jpg
#260 1 year ago

My random first impressions: I liked the yellow and red color scheme. Theme feels fresh in a modern stern lineup that is comic book heavy. The blorby pop bumper sound effects seemed out of place. The lock shot up the middle that goes counterclockwise around the rocket was rarely smooth. Ball seemed to love bouncing down the left outlane. Rusty/rough looking balls. The music is made more repetitive by it continuing for a bit after you've moved onto another table. Spent most of my time shooting the left side of the playfield, wasn't able to figure out the best approach to the right ramps yet, but I am intrigued. Needs more times for assets and code. I look forward to playing it again after some updates.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just joined the club, as most said code is very basic at the moment, but has potential. I'm really enjoying the shots and flow of the game pretty fast player.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Mitoska:

Got mine yesterday as well... The cat likes it
[quoted image]

What happened to the first run Pros being operator only? Mildly jealous as I wait for a Premium.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

What happened to the first run Pros being operator only? Mildly jealous as I wait for a Premium.

They are , however.. they let two dealers sell 3-4 of them at pincinatti. You can not order one from a dealer at all, I tried before. I have a feeling you won't see pros available till spring.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

The cat likes it

Now if your cat was the spitting image of Blofeld's cat in You Only Live Twice, that would have topped it right off

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Marshall at Little Shop of Games (the distributor I’m getting my premium from) told me the Premiums start shipping in January.

Nice ty! Was going to ask this question.

#265 1 year ago

So, code aside, some thoughts ideas and constructive criticisms from my players who have played the game a bunch.

The biggest complaint I've had is around the rocket area of the playfield and they're two-fold, and kind of piggyback off one another.

The first is that the shot behind the drops and into the rocket area doesn't feed the upper flipper. There's been so many STDM returns from the ball just dribbling out past the drops that are still present (especially if the middle is still up). This could be resolved with a longer wireform/flap going across all the targets, as I mentioned in previous posts, but the area IS pretty tight. Wondering if maybe they didn't do that to keep the wireform in the premium from clearing or something like that? Feels like a huge oversight.

The second, that kind of relates to the first is that the SPECTRE targets are unhittable by skill, so It feels un-wise to shoot a shot that has the potential for so many center drain returns for a shot you can't guarantee you'll do much with. This could be fixed by making a strike to the rocket count as a SPECTRE target, which I'm sure they're considering.

Otherwise, people have been loving the game.

#266 1 year ago

Anyone seeing this on their DB5?

rps20221205_220015 (resized).jpgrps20221205_220015 (resized).jpg
#267 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

So, code aside, some thoughts ideas and constructive criticisms from my players who have played the game a bunch.
The biggest complaint I've had is around the rocket area of the playfield and they're two-fold, and kind of piggyback off one another.
The first is that the shot behind the drops and into the rocket area doesn't feed the upper flipper. There's been so many STDM returns from the ball just dribbling out past the drops that are still present (especially if the middle is still up). This could be resolved with a longer wireform/flap going across all the targets, as I mentioned in previous posts, but the area IS pretty tight. Wondering if maybe they didn't do that to keep the wireform in the premium from clearing or something like that? Feels like a huge oversight.
The second, that kind of relates to the first is that the SPECTRE targets are unhittable by skill, so It feels un-wise to shoot a shot that has the potential for so many center drain returns for a shot you can't guarantee you'll do much with. This could be fixed by making a strike to the rocket count as a SPECTRE target, which I'm sure they're considering.

I've actually been shooting the SPECTRE targets before the drops go down. It'll feed the ball around and use the drops as a return. LOL. And it requires a little bit of skill to do it.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone seeing this on their DB5?[quoted image]

Is your game missing the little blue rubber pad on the bottom side of the roof by chance?

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is your game missing the little blue rubber pad on the bottom side of the roof by chance?

Not my game, it's the one at Ayce Gogi in CA.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not my game, it's the one at Ayce Gogi in CA.

See if you can catch a glimpse the next time you're playing and the ball pops out of there

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

See if you can catch a glimpse the next time you're playing and the ball pops out of there

I'm not out there I got that screen grab from a video that got posted yesterday.

#272 1 year ago

I'm sure this makes zero difference to anyone playing at my location, but it makes me feel better

DF55F93C-9F57-4C49-A9F8-AC1457228B50 (resized).jpegDF55F93C-9F57-4C49-A9F8-AC1457228B50 (resized).jpeg
#273 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I'm sure this makes zero difference to anyone playing at my location, but it makes me feel better
[quoted image]

Looks as it should of from factory

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I'm really surprised that Stern has not made alternate translites, or at least one that says James Bond on it. Seems like a no-brainer, especially for games on location. As others have noted, a lot of people are not going to know what Dr. No is.

#275 1 year ago

I purchased this 7" vinyl decal :

ebay.com link: itm

You can tell they lazily traced the logo in illustrator so I would shop around for a cleaner image. I didn't notice that when I ordered but oh well.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

[quoted image]

Well done. What width is the sticker?

Nvm, I see you said 7”

Thanks for sharing.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks as it should of from factory

I've heard more people call the game "Dr. No" than James Bond simply because they don't know any better. Still a baffling design decision by Stern IMO

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Turn the wipers on man

#279 1 year ago

Come on ship the LE's

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

A bit rough for a $3.5m car!

862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg

https://supercarblondie.com/celebrities/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-stunt-car/

#282 1 year ago

We just got this game in our shop, I've been playing it a bit and think it's pretty fun! A few things I've noticed though, it seems like the car vuk has some issues getting the ball out sometimes, and I've had it miss the ramp and just dump the ball down the out lane. Also ours seems to be having occasional problems with the controlled lamps going out, and when you hit the flippers the controlled lamps will randomly light up. I've read through the last several pages and didn't see this mentioned, so sorry if this is a known issue already.

edit: After digging into it a bit, it seems like a connection issue somewhere, although I'm not finding any loose connections underneath the playfield.

edit #2: After spending a lot of time this morning troubleshooting the problem I have determined that there is some issue in LED board 9a, talked to my distributor and I'm getting an advanced replacement, hopefully soon.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

After playing mine about a week - this has been my biggest issue. The rocket area is cool, but it needs to be integrated into the game more. Make it a super jackpot during a multiball when you light the SPECTRE targets.

Love your idea of a rocket hit = a SPECTRE target. It’s so random if you hit one as is.

This game has a ton of potential to be great - it has a variety of unique and fun shots - can’t wait for the code to get further along!

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I purchased this 7" vinyl decal :
ebay.com link: itm
You can tell they lazily traced the logo in illustrator so I would shop around for a cleaner image. I didn't notice that when I ordered but oh well.

Probably autotraced. Even lazier.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This game has a ton of potential to be great - it has a variety of unique and fun shots - can’t wait for the code to get further along!

They only have 39 achievements listed so far for the Bond game on Insider Connected: https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/118/achievements

Compare that to 112 for Godzilla. There are a ton of things that have not been coded yet. Only 2 movies out of 6 have anything listed at all.

Edit: I see that other games have a lot fewer achievements than GZ. LZ has 72, AIQ has 64, TMNT has 77, STh has 68. I would think that Bond, when fully coded, would be on the higher end considering the content that it is covering.

#286 1 year ago

I've played the Pro a few times now and I keep wanting to make myself like the game but at the end of the day it feels so empty and uninspired. Then I see Scooby drop and that fucker is loaded and beautiful and a CE is the price of a Premium and I'm like damnnnnn girl. Bond Premium canceled. Maybe in 3 years I'll grab a used one IF the game becomes any good. Right now, playing it is a snooze fest. Scooby Dooby Dooooooooo is where my wallet is going this cycle.

#287 1 year ago

Too Bad your the OP for the Bond thread

#288 1 year ago

So you started the Club thread, didn't have one yet and now dissing the machine... Thxamillion.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

So you started the Club thread, didn't have one yet and now dissing the machine...

This has to be a first! Actually kind of humorous...lol.

#290 1 year ago

Op should close this thread so a Bond Fan can start a new thread

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#291 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I've played the Pro a few times now and I keep wanting to make myself like the game but at the end of the day it feels so empty and uninspired. Then I see Scooby drop and that fucker is loaded and beautiful and a CE is the price of a Premium and I'm like damnnnnn girl. Bond Premium canceled. Maybe in 3 years I'll grab a used one IF the game becomes any good. Right now, playing it is a snooze fest. Scooby Dooby Dooooooooo is where my wallet is going this cycle.

Best laugh of the day since you are the thread OP… At least you are staying true to what you like

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

You do realize that Scooby game is probably also hardly coded right? I'd have a lot more faith in Stern making Bond fun.

To be clear, I want both to be fun because I like both themes.

#293 1 year ago

Yeah, just gotta say it how it is. Shooting the Bond Pro was not all that fun. Felt uninspired and lack luster. I do know code is very very immature at the moment, but better code isn't going to fix things I don't like about it. The back left of the game is empty. The dildo rocket is weird and basically doesn't do anything. The left scoop seems pointless, and the ball goes in it a lot. The right-hand side of the game is better, I do like the ramp configuration. At the end of the day, after getting my hands on one, it was meh. Just how I feel. I don't think the ball lock and rocket Bond on the Premium is going to change things enough to make it more interesting. Plus, the sky-high price while at the same time sticking it to us with pops that are tied together, ehhhhhh feels like a middle finger at the customer. If things change down the road, I can always grab one later. I feel like the designer didn't have enough time to really give the game the love it needed, feels rushed and thrown together.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yeah, just gotta say it how it is. Shooting the Bond Pro was not all that fun. Felt uninspired and lack luster. I do know code is very very immature at the moment, but better code isn't going to fix things I don't like about it. The back left of the game is empty. The dildo rocket is weird and basically doesn't do anything. The left scoop seems pointless, and the ball goes in it a lot. The right-hand side of the game is better, I do like the ramp configuration. At the end of the day, after getting my hands on one, it was meh. Just how I feel. I don't think the ball lock and rocket Bond on the Premium is going to change things enough to make it more interesting. Plus, the sky-high price while at the same time sticking it to us with pops that are tied together, ehhhhhh feels like a middle finger at the customer. If things change down the road, I can always grab one later. I feel like the designer didn't have enough time to really give the game the love it needed, feels rushed and thrown together.

I completely disagree with you. LOL. The Bond Pro was pretty awesome in my mind! I'm not a 007 fan but I purchased one for my wife and ended up loving it. Anyway, we all have our own opinions. You like what you like!

One thing I can say as an owner of Halloween, the Stern will work out of the box on day one! It took me a long time to get my Halloween machine working. Now that it works I love it.

#295 1 year ago

And now we see the consequence of non-owners opening the owners thread...

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

So you started the Club thread, didn't have one yet and now dissing the machine... Thxamillion.

He is the guy in YouTube videos that needs to comment "First!"

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah...getting ridiculous.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

cause owners never dislike the game after buying it?!?!
I was an owner because I put down a deposit. I wanted to like the game. Then I played it. Owners can have negative feelings about a game too, though maybe after they sell it, so they don't ruin their sale price?!?! LMAO

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yeah, just gotta say it how it is. Shooting the Bond Pro was not all that fun. Felt uninspired and lack luster. I do know code is very very immature at the moment, but better code isn't going to fix things I don't like about it.

That's pretty much exactly how I felt after playing Elvira House of Horrors when it premiered at expo in 2019. It wasn't until the code matured a bit that I gave it another chance and loved it. I'm glad I found that out and eas able to get one at a great price before they became so hard to get.

I think you should have no trouble getting a Bond though in the future if your opinion on it changes.

#300 1 year ago

I've had about 20 people tell me there is nothing to do on the left side of Bond. Someone must have said it on a podcast or something.

I personally don't feel that is the case. There's a scoop like GOTG, it simply ejects the ball in a different direction than another games. The jetpack ramp is very similar to Stranger Things. I think it's pretty darn awesome! There are drops in front of the rocket. However; I try to shoot the ball around the rocket before the drops are down. I think it's a pretty cool, and challenging, shot. Then there's the oddly shaped bash toy in the middle, once you get the targets down. LOL. I guess you couldn't also considered the lock orbit part of the left side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Contact
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-owners-club/page/6?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.