playfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpg
rusty-balls-bond-pro (resized).jpg
astin martin (resized).jpg
bond_code name (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
862F6C5E-4656-42F3-83DC-5A6FC1D4C854 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 1 year ago

Ok, I have a problem. I keep checking this thread every 30 minutes to see if anyone else has posted reviews. Getting excited about my LE hopefully soon….. Keep the reviews coming. Great job @doublestack, thank you for a thorough review.

#152 1 year ago

Need more pics and stuff!

#153 1 year ago

I played a few games on location today. I like the layout. My favorite shot is the left orbit that turns into a ramp. Feels like godzilla left orbit/ramp or dialed in on the right.

Hard to get a feel for the sound ad i was in a bar. Ball keep getting stuck in the left return wireform on the plastics. May not be enough room there to add an optional plastic protector.

Overall I like how the game shot. I typically buy premium/LE. But i dunno about this one. I could care less about bond wand, or the underwater fight really. But I would definetly miss the ball lock. I love physical ball locks. And right now the virtual one doesnt stop the ball with a post or anything to let you know one has been locked.

Overall I liked what I played. I may get back in on a pro or premium after giving up my LE spot.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I played a few games on location today. I like the layout. My favorite shot is the left orbit that turns into a ramp. Feels like godzilla left orbit/ramp or dialed in on the right.
Hard to get a feel for the sound ad i was in a bar. Ball keep getting stuck in the left return wireform on the plastics. May not be enough room there to add an optional plastic protector.
Overall I like how the game shot. I typically buy premium/LE. But i dunno about this one. I could care less about bond wand, or the underwater fight really. But I would definetly miss the ball lock. I love physical ball locks. And right now the virtual one doesnt stop the ball with a post or anything to let you know one has been locked.
Overall I liked what I played. I may get back in on a pro or premium after giving up my LE spot.

That ball stuck on the plastic is just an adjustment to the wireform that needs made. You should have room for a protector if you want.

I'm a sucker for physical ball locks too. I'm really anxious to see the prem/le lock. There is a ton of room in the upper left area around the rocket and the spiral wireform looks super cool.

#155 1 year ago

100 plus plays when I took these. Looks great!

Only tweak I had to do was tighten the screws for the switch going into your lock mini orbit. I’d advise any new owners to check these, if the switch is able to move slightly it will throw off the ball lock.

It takes a switch activate of this one on the entrance and one on the exit of the loop to register a lock.

546EFFC3-DD2F-4F65-96EF-2F835F07F370 (resized).jpeg546EFFC3-DD2F-4F65-96EF-2F835F07F370 (resized).jpeg58F2A59C-BD86-46B7-A618-1C4DBADF5ADF (resized).jpeg58F2A59C-BD86-46B7-A618-1C4DBADF5ADF (resized).jpeg6BE06253-E620-48EA-8984-C604B6304ECA (resized).jpeg6BE06253-E620-48EA-8984-C604B6304ECA (resized).jpeg861210F8-AFC4-4353-A515-23FA0C0A4F6D (resized).jpeg861210F8-AFC4-4353-A515-23FA0C0A4F6D (resized).jpeg919D9155-F942-4599-B276-F8C97BE5838D (resized).jpeg919D9155-F942-4599-B276-F8C97BE5838D (resized).jpeg9D0275C7-339D-49C1-862F-E9C284AC367B (resized).jpeg9D0275C7-339D-49C1-862F-E9C284AC367B (resized).jpeg
#156 1 year ago

Do the Bond girls and gadgets near Q and lower mid playfield give you perks during modes or MBs? I was hoping for example each gadget could be used in multiple settings/modes/MBs but do different thinks (like gems on AIQ, or characters on GoT). If codingdone right it can create endless variations on how complete game, what order, which perks etc…

#157 1 year ago

Where was it on location?

Quoted from mbrave77:

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I thought lz was on the line the first and second weeks in October and TMNT was the third and forth weeks of October? I guess things changed from the build schedule i wrote down from a flipnout podcast a few months ago.

I got a led Zeppelin premium 3 weeks ago. Build date is October 26th

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Where was it on location?

Logans arcade in Chicago. Im here on business so it was good timing.

#160 1 year ago

I had a chance to play a JB Pro at the Granby Grill in Columbia,SC today. I only had 15 mins to spare due to a limit on my lunch time, but it was a lot of fun. (It helps when Granby's price is only 50 cents to play their pins.) The Pro is very early in development and I never heard any songs other than the Bond theme while I banged away at a paltry 68 million. The code has a long ways to go but it is playable. I'm still keeping my Bond LE order intact. I have faith that Gomez will tinker with this game for many months to come and iron out all the gameplay wrinkles. As others have stated, the playfield looks much better in person. I'm not a big fan of the yellow cabinet though.

20221128_115920 (resized).jpg20221128_115920 (resized).jpg
#161 1 year ago

Oh! Logan Arcade has one! Yay I am in Chicago next week! I shall pay a visit!

#162 1 year ago

Setup our game at Ocelot brewing in Dulles VA.

Game is fun to shoot. The variety of shot angles is fun to explore… a bit like Jurassic park when new.

The lighting is warm white to fit the older look.

The sounds and mood of the game is really reminiscent of batman 66 right now. The way the constant soundtrack and video clips play and many of the sounds have a similar mood. I mean… it fits the 60s vibe. The spinner is like meteor.

Only issue so far is the ball likes to get stuck in the right inlane. The up post is close to the switch cutout so it holds the ball in the switch cutout and ball can’t roll out of it. Will try a piece of mylar to cover the edge of the groove.

AE5DC0C8-2EB0-49A5-8FF1-819E504D10EE (resized).jpegAE5DC0C8-2EB0-49A5-8FF1-819E504D10EE (resized).jpeg

#163 1 year ago

I played a couple games on location at Dontae's pizza parlor in Evansville, Indiana yesterday. We were making a pit stop on our way home from Gulf Shores so I didn't have a ton of time but I was really impressed. I thought it had great flow and played really fast. The shots were unique with the highlight being the left orbit ramp. The right ramp mode start ramp and loop ramp were appropriately tough given their importance. I also really liked the left outlane protection provided by the eject hole that is there. The music was great for the theme, especially during multi ball. I wasn't a huge fan of how it looked but the way it played outweighed that by a huge margin. Really enjoyed playing it and really enjoyed Dontae's as well. The food was awesome and the games were playing perfectly!

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Setup our game at Ocelot brewing in Dulles VA.
Game is fun to shoot. The variety of shot angles is fun to explore… a bit like Jurassic park when new.
The lighting is warm white to fit the older look.
The sounds and mood of the game is really reminiscent of batman 66 right now. The way the constant soundtrack and video clips play and many of the sounds have a similar mood. I mean… it fits the 60s vibe. The spinner is like meteor.
Only issue so far is the ball likes to get stuck in the right inlane. The up post is close to the switch cutout so it holds the ball in the switch cutout and ball can’t roll out of it. Will try a piece of mylar to cover the edge of the groove.
[quoted image]

The angles do look interesting. One of reasons I like Alien is that unusual placement of the mid lower left flipper (plus the upper right which is inside of the right orbit) - which create new angles. Not easy to come up with truly new shots now in 2023, but I can see Bond achieving a bit of that (without having played)

What do you mean by meteor? (It’s heavy/hard to spin?)

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

The angles do look interesting. One of reasons I like Alien is that unusual placement of the mid lower left flipper (plus the upper right which is inside of the right orbit) - which create new angles. Not easy to come up with truly new shots now in 2023, but I can see Bond achieving a bit of that (without having played)
What do you mean by meteor? (It’s heavy/hard to spin?)

Literally sounds exactly like ripping the meteor spinner

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Literally sounds exactly like ripping the meteor spinner

Yeah, the spinner rips and it sounds great!

#167 1 year ago

About time us peasants get an opto spinner on a pro!

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:The angles do look interesting. One of reasons I like Alien is that unusual placement of the mid lower left flipper (plus the upper right which is inside of the right orbit) - which create new angles. Not easy to come up with truly new shots now in 2023, but I can see Bond achieving a bit of that (without having played)

I love alien for this reason. My fav game to shoot.

#169 1 year ago

It's ordered, it's paid for, and I am in waiting mode like everybody else. The looks are great!!! I like the rocket, Jetpack and DB5.....

#170 1 year ago

LETS GOOO!!!! Heading to Bite Me Cake Company in Pueblo Colorado!!!

D0F8E3BE-EA89-4DA5-B72E-911DE4D999C7 (resized).jpegD0F8E3BE-EA89-4DA5-B72E-911DE4D999C7 (resized).jpeg
#171 1 year ago

This probably will have some new information we are all in need of!

311265D4-89BE-4ADB-9801-F78AC61CD7A6 (resized).jpeg311265D4-89BE-4ADB-9801-F78AC61CD7A6 (resized).jpeg
#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This probably will have some new information we are all in need of!
[quoted image]

Nice! Thanks for posting that

#173 1 year ago

I’m not eating my Thanksgiving dinner until my LE shows up. Come on Stern, the turkey is getting cold.

#174 1 year ago

Got the game set up tonight. I am personally not able to play right now but watched a few games played. From what I can see, it’s a lot more balanced than the show/event released games. So code is already improved. Still has a ways to go. Noticed a few modes had little to no sound but again I’m sure that will come. The pro seemed to shoot nice with flow. I only played a premium at the Denver show but it felt very stop and go and had issues with the ball lock and the jet pack. The pro is non stop action. The opto spinner is amazing. Nice to see on a pro.

Now let’s talk art. The art is amazing. Even the yellow on the pro cab is nice. It’s a lot better in person. My only issue is the emptiness on the backglass. The art is great besides the upper right hand corner. Why didn’t stern just add the 007 logo? It can easily be added with a vinyl decal. Or use the same art package as the left side of the cabinet like the movie poster.

Anyways, I’m excited to see what the future looks like for Bond.

38678891-8AF5-4105-9E69-360AD653A905 (resized).jpeg38678891-8AF5-4105-9E69-360AD653A905 (resized).jpeg555B6B06-50C6-462A-86B3-51406189A8DF (resized).jpeg555B6B06-50C6-462A-86B3-51406189A8DF (resized).jpeg5940D967-CE9A-43A5-AAC3-32924A729FEB (resized).jpeg5940D967-CE9A-43A5-AAC3-32924A729FEB (resized).jpeg

#175 1 year ago

Jonesing for my LE

#176 1 year ago

Could someone Photoshop a cigarette into George's mouth and a lighter in his hand where the pen is. (or a gun)

Please tell George it was my idea.

01c75e4e1843b8b1db6f8a5a536c0afe48e7d653 (2) (resized).jpg01c75e4e1843b8b1db6f8a5a536c0afe48e7d653 (2) (resized).jpgBond 2 (resized).jpegBond 2 (resized).jpeg
#177 1 year ago

LEs are on the line!

#178 1 year ago

Gomez stream now:

#179 1 year ago

Gomez: "I might have signed your game in a funny place."

#180 1 year ago

One nice thing Gomez did for Bond Pro owners was to make the underwater/flying Bond sculpts they custom made for the Bond Prem/LE pins available to Pro owners as a "service kit" they can buy in the Stern store. He didn't indicate the price, though.

Also, Bond 60th has just the home pin size screen, in the playfield, according to Gomez.

#181 1 year ago

Spend 25-30k on the 60th bond for a tiny screen? Idk anymore

#182 1 year ago

This game looks especially ripe for an aftermarket translite.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

This game looks especially ripe for an aftermarket translite.

Instant buy!

#184 1 year ago

Finally made it to the mountains!

Launch party December 11.

74DFA478-C5B8-42A8-89DA-76DFB824311B (resized).jpeg74DFA478-C5B8-42A8-89DA-76DFB824311B (resized).jpeg
#185 1 year ago

Played the game yesterday on location in Atlanta ATLpb operated location "My Parents Basement". I loved the layout. It mostly felt different, while at moments feeling like a cross between Deadpool and Batman 66. Tons of very satisfying combos that quickly return to the flipper. If you don't hit the shot between the right ramp clean, the return will likely be deadly if the game is tight. Once you dial in the shots you can really rip them good.

The only thing I didn't love was the amount of time the ball found itself in the scuba scoop under the upper flipper.

Code seems pretty simple, but you can see where they are going between the women, henchmen, movies and gadgets (Q missions). Lots of potential for some really great rules.

I think overall this game will be very well received.

Photo is not me, but a very regular patron and pinsider.

(cross post from other thread)

IMG_2093 (resized).jpegIMG_2093 (resized).jpeg

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez: "I might have signed your game in a funny place."

He did they to my Deadpool. It was neat to find when I did.

#188 1 year ago

Looks like the flasher to light the prem/LE under water figures is included on the pro. So if you buy the Stern sculpts of the figures (George said you will be able to on the Marco stream yeserday) you could mount them in your pro and add a tinted plastic to get the same effect as on the prem/LE games.

That's assuming Stern doesn't disable the flasher signal in the pro code.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like the flasher to light the prem/LE under water figures is included on the pro. So if you buy the Stern sculpts of the figures (George said you will be able to on the Marco stream yeserday) you could mount them in your pro and add a tinted plastic to get the same effect as on the prem/LE games.
That's assuming Stern doesn't disable the flasher signal in the pro code.

And maybe build out the diorama a little better with a background so there isn't cabinet hardware clearly visible when the light comes on. The Pre/LE one is so lazy.

I do wonder how expensive that sculpt "service kit" will be...

#190 1 year ago

A st projector is $600 so prob 1000 for the figures.

#191 1 year ago

Really enjoyed my first few games tonight - great variety of shots. My main concern of the cabinet art being hideous feels a bit overblown by seeing it in person.

A8933087-86C9-4683-A25A-9EE27490B6F5 (resized).jpegA8933087-86C9-4683-A25A-9EE27490B6F5 (resized).jpeg
#192 1 year ago

Unboxed my 007 a few days ago, it's on location at Center of the Universe Brewing in Ashland, VA.

Removing the foam from around the rocket and seeing it flop around made me immediately start laughing. Thing is ridiculous!

Only complaints are that the drops were likely installed too far back and will brick on a direct hit. And the 6 balls it came with were all rusty.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_02c3b01f-939b-4c19-aed2-65dac28e3c11.jpgrn_image_picker_lib_temp_02c3b01f-939b-4c19-aed2-65dac28e3c11.jpg
#193 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

And the 6 balls it came with were all rusty.[quoted image]

Wow. Inspect your balls, people!

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And maybe build out the diorama a little better with a background so there isn't cabinet hardware clearly visible when the light comes on. The Pre/LE one is so lazy.
I do wonder how expensive that sculpt "service kit" will be...

I'm surprised that they will be selling these individually. I can't recall other times where the prem/LE stuff as able to be bought individually so pro users could add them on. I don't think I've seen Stern versions of stuff like Groot arms, Godzilla fig, Wolverine, Dazzler and Truck sculpts from Deadpool for sale.

#195 1 year ago

I bought the 2 Eddie figurines on Maiden for my pro at Pinballlife. They are the same they used for premium, LE's.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I bought the 2 Eddie figurines on Maiden for my pro at Pinballlife. They are the same they used for premium, LE's.

Cool, so there is a precedent. I see they also carry the official Stern versions of the Godzilla scult and Dead Pool figures. The figures are $70 so I'd expect the Bond ones to be priced around the same.

So if you can buy the jetpack, divers, and dragon tank sculpts and then add a metal arch, the only main prem features missing from a pro are Bond on a wand and the physical ball lock. Makes it even harder to justify the pro vs prem cost difference.

#197 1 year ago

Nice Barracora!!! My Premium is going to sit right next to our Barracora! Can't wait!

#198 1 year ago

Never use sterns balls. Out of the box install Barons.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Wow. Inspect your balls, people!

They are in my wife's purse .... will call her

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.