AE5DC0C8-2EB0-49A5-8FF1-819E504D10EE (resized).jpeg
20221128_115920 (resized).jpg
546EFFC3-DD2F-4F65-96EF-2F835F07F370 (resized).jpeg
861210F8-AFC4-4353-A515-23FA0C0A4F6D (resized).jpeg
919D9155-F942-4599-B276-F8C97BE5838D (resized).jpeg
6BE06253-E620-48EA-8984-C604B6304ECA (resized).jpeg
9D0275C7-339D-49C1-862F-E9C284AC367B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 days ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Received mine yesterday. I’ll do a full report here soon, but rest assured it’s an absolute demon to shoot and plays amazingly. Gomez crushed it on this one!

Looking forward to it

#102 7 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This may be the first time I recall first deliveries and no excitement from a gameplay perspective. Has me rethinking my premium order.

Game is really fun shooter but there's not much there in the code. For example only two of the 6 villains are even playable.

I have a few friends who have pros too and we all think it's going to be a great game jsut by how it shoots but is seems like it's going to take awhile to get there.

#103 7 days ago

LE paid for.. rolling the dice on this one.

#104 7 days ago
Quoted from andrewket:

If it's any comfort ... you're far from alone.

Congrats! I like the LE's Thunderball artwork the best!

#105 7 days ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If it's any comfort ... you're far from alone.

Congrats! I like the LE's Thunder Ball artwork the best!

We are in for a LE too. None of us will be disappointed!

#106 7 days ago

Paid for my LE on day 1 haven’t 2nd guessed it for even 1 second.

#107 7 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Game is really fun shooter but there's not much there in the code. For example only two of the 6 villains are even playable.
I have a few friends who have pros too and we all think it's going to be a great game jsut by how it shoots but is seems like it's going to take awhile to get there.

We should be reminded shortly that Lonnie is on code and it will be a year or 3 for the code to be fully fleshed out. Patience grasshopper.

#108 7 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

We should be reminded shortly that Lonnie is on code and it will be a year or 3 for the code to be fully fleshed out. Patience grasshopper.

ST was less than a year from the first update to the 1.0, and stern keeps getting better with updates so I’m optimistic........go Lonnie!

#109 7 days ago

Anxiously awaiting my LE.....

VERY SOON !

#110 7 days ago

Was supposed to have delivery yesterday but shipping was delayed. Now it’s even more delayed because of the holiday. I’d be surprised if it shows up tomorrow.

#111 7 days ago

Yeah mine shipped yesterday from 2 states away and won't be in until Tuesday

#112 7 days ago

Wonder why no videos of Bond pros on line. Weird not to get the hype rolling on it.

#113 7 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wonder why no videos of Bond pros on line. Weird not to get the hype rolling on it.

Bond does not advertise his movements.

#114 6 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is there a goodie bag? We got stiffed on Rush,,,

Yes there is a goodie bag.

#115 6 days ago
Quoted from debaser:

Yes there is a goodie bag.

Key chain, sling plastics?

#116 6 days ago

New code drop on Stern's website. .70

https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/

PRO V0.70.0 - November 22, 2022
=====================

- Added "SPECIAL PREVIEW MODELS" text to the attract mode and game start display effects.

LE/PRE V0.69.0 - November 21, 2022
=====================

- Fixed a problem where the player 1 connectivity avatar icon was partially off screen.
- Now the game will simultaneously display both Rocket hits and SPECTRE target hit progress.
- Added connectivity Objectives and Achievements.
- Fixed the Femme Fatale music to have background sound effects.
- Fixed the "Volume" problem when transitioning the intro music in Femme Fatale.

LE/PRE V0.68.0 - November 17, 2022
=====================

- Initial Preview mode release.

LE/PRE V0.63.0 - November 14, 2022
=====================

- Now text appears in the attract mode (and each time the start button is pressed) that says:
"SOFTWARE UPDATE REQUIRED...CONNECT GAME OR UPDATE...VIA SD CARD OR USB"
- Demo Only.

#118 6 days ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

New code drop on Stern's website. .70
https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/
PRO V0.70.0 - November 22, 2022
=====================
- Added "SPECIAL PREVIEW MODELS" text to the attract mode and game start display effects.
LE/PRE V0.69.0 - November 21, 2022
=====================
- Fixed a problem where the player 1 connectivity avatar icon was partially off screen.
- Now the game will simultaneously display both Rocket hits and SPECTRE target hit progress.
- Added connectivity Objectives and Achievements.
- Fixed the Femme Fatale music to have background sound effects.
- Fixed the "Volume" problem when transitioning the intro music in Femme Fatale.
LE/PRE V0.68.0 - November 17, 2022
=====================
- Initial Preview mode release.
LE/PRE V0.63.0 - November 14, 2022
=====================
- Now text appears in the attract mode (and each time the start button is pressed) that says:
"SOFTWARE UPDATE REQUIRED...CONNECT GAME OR UPDATE...VIA SD CARD OR USB"
- Demo Only.

GO LONNIE GO!!!!

#119 6 days ago

Yeh def a surge in code lately. Someone mentioned it but in general the code updates across all Sterns have been more frequent and generally more consistent. Maybe they listening to us, maybe they recognize importance to their business reputation, maybe they have more of a team approach on code, maybe they’ve implemented basic project management timelines/deliverables instead of leaving it to coders to do when they feel like it, who knows but I like the outcome if it’s real! I’m hoping with Bond code being particularly so early (<.70) at release that they will be particularly sensitive and diligent to keep giving us the updates.

Def looking forward to seeing some more gameplay and home owner thoughts soon! I’m a Premium so will love vicariously through you Pro and soon to be LE owners.

#120 6 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh def a surge in code lately. Someone mentioned it but in general the code updates across all Sterns have been more frequent and generally more consistent. Maybe they listening to us, maybe they recognize importance to their business reputation...

Stern is absolutely pulling away from JJP, whose code finishing/polishing reputation is pretty much in the toilet. JJP formerly was the gold standard, polishing WoZ to an incredible shine over 5 years. PotC and GnR are both YEARS overdue for some love. Looks like GnR might be getting updates at last, but that's a slap in the face to the PotC owners who have been waiting longer.

#121 6 days ago

Well there aren’t any LEs or premiums out there yet so….

Does it matter? Nope.

But progress. Let’s go

#122 6 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is absolutely pulling away from JJP, whose code finishing/polishing reputation is pretty much in the toilet. JJP formerly was the gold standard, polishing WoZ to an incredible shine over 5 years. PotC and GnR are both YEARS overdue for some love. Looks like GnR might be getting updates at last, but that's a slap in the face to the PotC owners who have been waiting longer.

GNR is great now. POTC? Who cares

#123 6 days ago

Is there truth to the statement that both pops and slings fire at the same time? That sounds pretty whack

#124 6 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Is there truth to the statement that both pops and slings fire at the same time? That sounds pretty whack

Slings don’t fire at the same time. Pops on prem/LE do because the added mechs used up all the ports on the node boards. This was discussed a lot in the hype thread if you want more info.

#125 6 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh def a surge in code lately. Someone mentioned it but in general the code updates across all Sterns have been more frequent and generally more consistent. Maybe they listening to us, maybe they recognize importance to their business reputation, maybe they have more of a team approach on code, maybe they’ve implemented basic project management timelines/deliverables instead of leaving it to coders to do when they feel like it, who knows but I like the outcome if it’s real! I’m hoping with Bond code being particularly so early (<.70) at release that they will be particularly sensitive and diligent to keep giving us the updates.
Def looking forward to seeing some more gameplay and home owner thoughts soon! I’m a Premium so will love vicariously through you Pro and soon to be LE owners.

Good post!

I’m in on a premium and can’t wait to get my hands on it! With the pro getting an update I’m sure they are implementing for the other versions as well.

#126 6 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Just the pops, and only on the LE/Prem. Pros fire independently.

Bond_LE_Prem_Tied_Pops.gif
#127 6 days ago

Thank you all for the clarification.

#128 6 days ago

Pawn stars last night… Rick bought some old pins and overpaid. Guy wanted 27k for his jjp pirates. Lol insane $$. He had an amazing collection.

#129 6 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pawn stars last night… Rick bought some old pins and overpaid. Guy wanted 27k for his jjp pirates. Lol insane $$. He had an amazing collection.

"Un" reality tv

#130 6 days ago

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Picked up my bond pro for location a few days ago and I think I have enough time on it to give a few impressions for anyone that cares.

Visual/art-

Game looks better than in pictures and has a very fluid style that isn't disrupted from the cab to the playfield, it flows very well. They kept the same 60's style and color pallet from the original bond films and did a great job. Those that say this looks like photoshop era stern are way off. It may be clip art but there was direction and most importantly the colors flow very well. This is not early 2000's stern here. The yellow cab looks great and is bold in a subtle way if that makes sense.

Layout-

This is where it gets good. THIS GAME HAS FLOW and it shoots VERY well. I am a Gomez fan and this layout doesn't disappoint. His willingness to try a different layout does not disappoint here. This feels unique but not clunky, DP players will like bond and it has "it" when you are making shots. I've noted through the years that his games have a certain easy to pick up and hard to master feeling, usually long playing for a decent player and bond is no different. I still route a sopranos for this same reason, casuals and decent players like it and bond will be no different. For my operators out there, this game will do VERY well on route, at least that's my opinion based on my past and its like, my opinion man!

Left ramp waayyy in the back feeding the left flipper into the right ramp to the horseshoe around the rocket to upper flip side ramp is a VERY satisfying combo! Whew that typed out long but man it shoots well. Hybrid pyramid type ramp reminds me of corvette or Baywatch and works well here. The drops in front of the rocket surprising work very well and there are a few different ways of feeding the upper flipper which is always a huge bonus in a 3 flipper game. Shots are tight but again it feels like a Gomez game and that's a good thing, once you get a feeling for them they aren't impossible and the reward for practice feels great. I'm having some issues with the game registering ball locks on the mini loop but it appears to be a code problem as the switches are fine. Code, ahh we will get to that...Back to the fun, and it really does feel like a refreshing layout. The scoop under the DB7 is just hard enough to hit but not constantly in the way slowing down the flow. It's my one complaint sometimes in a Borg layout and even going back to adams family, but I digress. The kicker to the wireworm from the car is great and makes a good feed to the right. Really great to see the up post in the insane holding a ball before a mode. Keith has been rocking this mech with great success and its nice to see a different designer implement it. The layout looks simple but packs a punch, and I know this is somewhat subjective but I believe this will go down as another home run from stern.

Sound/music-

What can I say here, the Bond theme is ALL TIME awesome so let's get that out of the way. Yes at this time its used too much but I anticipate that changing in the future. The songs tied the villains really sound great and puts you in the movie for a brief time. The music feels period correct and that is important in a game like this to keep you in the world. Really love the mellow music in Mr Wint and Mr Kidd. The callouts have a bit to be desired, I really hope there is more to come here. The announcer is perfect however the clips and sounds from the movies are....odd. One that really is misplaced would be the ring mode for Q. People playing the mode all agreed that listening to a women complain to Q about nonsense while you play a mode is just weird. I know some of the sound effects are scheduled to change so I don't think its worth it to grind on what we have so far, but realize the sound, like the code is very basic.

Code-

It's basic, as in just enough to be called a pinball machine basic. Modes do in fact stack and this is only brought up as it took us many games to realize this as the insert LEDs really don't alternate colors yet to give the player info. I'm still not sure how multipliers work or the how important the specter weapons are. Honestly there are many questions, too many to list and at this point I put faith that stern will make this complete. It ABSOLUTELY has the bones of a masterpiece and the code will be the key to get there. Those of us that remember ST, DP, and JP when they came out you will have similar vibes here. With the team in place and using the past as any example this one will go down as great.

Final thoughts-

Love it so far. Code is basic as it gets and hopefully improves soon. The layout and theme integration are TOP NOTCH. For those of us dedicated silver ball chronicles listeners :wink:we know that Gomez is a HUGE Bond fan and I truly believe he won't let this one rot away in basic code purgatory. Have faith people! This game is a blast to play and will hopefully earn well. It's sometimes a hard balance to strike but I have a good feeling that Bond will crush it.

#131 6 days ago

Regarding build quality, I'd also add that the playfield on my bond is the best looking from stern that I've seen in a long time.

#132 6 days ago

Hi

Quoted from iceman44:

Pinheads of taste care.

GnR is mass consumption.

POTC is refined appreciation. And more than worthy of a LONG overdue code completion.

#133 6 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whew, thought I was in a GNR thread, had to check the header. Please guys, discuss your GNR love affair in that thread, not the Bond owner club.

#134 6 days ago
Quoted from doublestack:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Picked up my bond pro for location a few days ago and I think I have enough time on it to give a few impressions for anyone that cares.
Visual/art-
Game looks better than in pictures and has a very fluid style that isn't disrupted from the cab to the playfield, it flows very well. They kept the same 60's style and color pallet from the original bond films and did a great job. Those that say this looks like photoshop era stern are way off. It may be clip art but there was direction and most importantly the colors flow very well. This is not early 2000's stern here. The yellow cab looks great and is bold in a subtle way if that makes sense.
Layout-
This is where it gets good. THIS GAME HAS FLOW and it shoots VERY well. I am a Gomez fan and this layout doesn't disappoint. His willingness to try a different layout does not disappoint here. This feels unique but not clunky, DP players will like bond and it has "it" when you are making shots. I've noted through the years that his games have a certain easy to pick up and hard to master feeling, usually long playing for a decent player and bond is no different. I still route a sopranos for this same reason, casuals and decent players like it and bond will be no different. For my operators out there, this game will do VERY well on route, at least that's my opinion based on my past and its like, my opinion man!
Left ramp waayyy in the back feeding the left flipper into the right ramp to the horseshoe around the rocket to upper flip side ramp is a VERY satisfying combo! Whew that typed out long but man it shoots well. Hybrid pyramid type ramp reminds me of corvette or Baywatch and works well here. The drops in front of the rocket surprising work very well and there are a few different ways of feeding the upper flipper which is always a huge bonus in a 3 flipper game. Shots are tight but again it feels like a Gomez game and that's a good thing, once you get a feeling for them they aren't impossible and the reward for practice feels great. I'm having some issues with the game registering ball locks on the mini loop but it appears to be a code problem as the switches are fine. Code, ahh we will get to that...Back to the fun, and it really does feel like a refreshing layout. The scoop under the DB7 is just hard enough to hit but not constantly in the way slowing down the flow. It's my one complaint sometimes in a Borg layout and even going back to adams family, but I digress. The kicker to the wireworm from the car is great and makes a good feed to the right. Really great to see the up post in the insane holding a ball before a mode. Keith has been rocking this mech with great success and its nice to see a different designer implement it. The layout looks simple but packs a punch, and I know this is somewhat subjective but I believe this will go down as another home run from stern.
Sound/music-
What can I say here, the Bond theme is ALL TIME awesome so let's get that out of the way. Yes at this time its used too much but I anticipate that changing in the future. The songs tied the villains really sound great and puts you in the movie for a brief time. The music feels period correct and that is important in a game like this to keep you in the world. Really love the mellow music in Mr Wint and Mr Kidd. The callouts have a bit to be desired, I really hope there is more to come here. The announcer is perfect however the clips and sounds from the movies are....odd. One that really is misplaced would be the ring mode for Q. People playing the mode all agreed that listening to a women complain to Q about nonsense while you play a mode is just weird. I know some of the sound effects are scheduled to change so I don't think its worth it to grind on what we have so far, but realize the sound, like the code is very basic.
Code-
It's basic, as in just enough to be called a pinball machine basic. Modes do in fact stack and this is only brought up as it took us many games to realize this as the insert LEDs really don't alternate colors yet to give the player info. I'm still not sure how multipliers work or the how important the specter weapons are. Honestly there are many questions, too many to list and at this point I put faith that stern will make this complete. It ABSOLUTELY has the bones of a masterpiece and the code will be the key to get there. Those of us that remember ST, DP, and JP when they came out you will have similar vibes here. With the team in place and using the past as any example this one will go down as great.
Final thoughts-
Love it so far. Code is basic as it gets and hopefully improves soon. The layout and theme integration are TOP NOTCH. For those of us dedicated silver ball chronicles listeners :wink:we know that Gomez is a HUGE Bond fan and I truly believe he won't let this one rot away in basic code purgatory. Have faith people! This game is a blast to play and will hopefully earn well. It's sometimes a hard balance to strike but I have a good feeling that Bond will crush it.

Great write up. Thank you

#136 6 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Great write up. Thank you

Quoted from ATLpb:

Lengthy write up appreciated

My pleasure guys.

#137 6 days ago

The only playfield hang up for balls is around the rocket. The plastic ring around it is slightly sunk in which is unfortunate. Just enough lip from that to the playfield right behind the drops. I’ll slide a few washers under it. Also an odd hang up in the right inlane after the up post holds a ball before a mode starts. Not an issues at all for home use as you just slap the cab a bit and it moves on. I might have to push the pitch even higher to see if it helps.

Putting this game out today, I’ll report back on some of these fixes.

#138 5 days ago

Launch parties are coming up! We're running a full day stream from The Flipper Room in Concord, CA on 12/10 where Bond (Pro) will stream until the finals in the tournament. More details on the IFPA calendar.

https://twitch.tv/dri374

#139 5 days ago

Got ours at Rupert's tonight and we couldn't stop playing it. So much fun!

And I will echo the comments on the art. The cabinet looks GREAT. I thought the Pro just had Dr. No and not the posters, but that is not the case - Dr. No on the left side, poster art on the right. The trans looks MUCH better than the originally posted version. The whole machine looks really cool and shoots VERY well. The ball can really get flying around and you really need to be ready or it will eat you alive. Can't wait to play more.

Our absurd promo video is here if anyone is interested:

https://fb.watch/h1j3cFIf_n/

#140 5 days ago

Are they shipping owners manuals with the games? Couldn’t find a pdf online. I’d like to order some Titans before mine arrives so just wanted to double check on sizes if anyone can help me out

#141 4 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Are they shipping owners manuals with the games? Couldn’t find a pdf online. I’d like to order some Titans before mine arrives so just wanted to double check on sizes if anyone can help me out

Nope. You don't get a printed manual anymore, and sternpinball.com doesn't seem to have the manual posted yet. I checked for "james_bond_pro_web.pdf" which should be the name, and came up empty.

#142 4 days ago

I can't wait for someone to come up with an alternate translite for this game.

Everyone who I've seen interact with the game calls it "dr. No pinball" and I assume it has to be effecting how recognizable it is to casual players on location.

#143 4 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Everyone who I've seen interact with the game calls it "dr. No pinball" and I assume it has to be effecting how recognizable it is to casual players on location.

That’s funny, I never would have thought about someone not recognizing the names or images (but I’m old). Usually I think these are over branded (topper, backglass, cabinet, coin door magnets, etc.) but in this case maybe throwing a bigger 007 or a James Bond on something might be warranted

#144 4 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Every single person I’ve talked to on location calls it “James Bond” pinball. I could see very young kids not getting it, but it’s just not the bulk demographic of location players or buyers.

#145 4 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. You don't get a printed manual anymore, and sternpinball.com doesn't seem to have the manual posted yet. I checked for "james_bond_pro_web.pdf" which should be the name, and came up empty.

Did they stop that with Rush? I got one with both GZ and DP nib earlier this year

#146 4 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Did they stop that with Rush? I got one with both GZ and DP nib earlier this year

A complete manual, or just a small subset of the PDF?

#147 4 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A complete manual, or just a small subset of the PDF?

The same as the ones on the website I think, I'd have to dig them out to check but pretty sure it's the same as what they provide on the site.

#148 4 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I didn't have one in my Rush LE....

#149 4 days ago

Waiting for my LE like all the others. Hopefully before X-mas

#150 4 days ago
Quoted from doublestack:

My pleasure guys.

THIS is what I was waiting for - an actual thoughtful write up from a person that has actually played it. The sheer amount of whining about the unknown the last few months actually was getting to me. I am excited to get my premium. Going to land nicely between Godzilla, Maiden and Deadpool Premiums…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York City, NY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glendale, AZ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 130.00
Pinball Machine
Dijohn Designs
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!