IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 1 year ago

Refinery Edition Premium on order.

Looking forward to playing Bond at home and making it look even better by the time I finish customizing/upgrading it!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Modfather pin cup eagerly awaiting installation.
[quoted image]

That's a nice looking cup holder! I like his other options too including the "You Only Live Twice" one.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're going that route, I'd cut a piece of PETG ... Much cleaner look. Not much effort.

And add lighting and revolving blade action that's interactive with the YOLT mode!

Not so simple to do, but there was a similarly cool motorized Batcopter BM66 mod that a Pinsider made/offered for sale at one point.

1 week later
#518 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll have things covered soon with magnets and decals for those ugly QR codes and seizure warnings...

Your overlays are great! I have them on my Godzilla and Rush. Looking forward to what you offer for Bond!

2 weeks later
#1094 1 year ago

My Bond Premium arrived at MI Pinball Refinery for upgrading today!

Bond Premium (resized).jpegBond Premium (resized).jpeg

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Nice. What are they going to do? Please post photos after.

Standard upgrades (full powder coating etc.) plus most of the options on Pinball Refinery's menu. It will be a while before I receive it (due to my schedule), but I'll post photos when done. I'll be adding some additional misc. upgrades/mods on my end too.

James Bond Refinery Upgrades (resized).jpgJames Bond Refinery Upgrades (resized).jpg

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

They're going to remove the display in the speaker panel and replace it with a set of score reels, then remove some mechs and ramps from the playfield and add a tiny LCD to provide instructions for novice players. It should turn out to be quite collectible.

lol

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

This should be great. Please post some pictures after. Always loved their work.

Yeah - Steve does a great job!

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Can we take up a collection and get Lior to make a topper for this game?

Better be prepared to wait a while. His GnR topper has been in the works for years now.

3 weeks later
#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

It's Natalie Woods sister and she was dating Sean Connery in real life. All early 70's movies had those bad dialogues at some point. She always annoyed me but now I have grown to like her. After looking her up I can see why Connery did also.

Jill St. John is not Natalie Wood's sister. They have marriage to Robert Wagner in common though.

Bond trivia: Her character in Diamonds Are Forever, Tiffany Case, was the first American Bond girl. She is "argumentative, abrasive, loud, and brash when compared to previous Bond girls, who were more demure."

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Been working on this piece for a little bit, I figured that Spectre need a base of operations ...

[Comment moved to James Bond Mod thread]

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Polite and direct won't do it. ... If we ever want to be able to stack modes with multiballs, we are gonna need to insult Stern employees personally, and perhaps make veiled stalky threats! We can do this!

lol

Perhaps a picket line in front of the Stern plant, as well, yelling:

"What do we want?" "CODE!"

"When do we want it?" "NOW!"

#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch.
Question: "Will there be additional music?"
Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

I missed this pause/comment, but that doesn't sound encouraging.

Mike Vinikour's reveals re: upcoming rules and code sound great though!

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here are my notes from the streaming event with George Gomez and Mike Vinikour on 2/2/2023 if you don't want to watch a 2 hour long thing.
-New code next week with mode stacking, Dr. No stuff
-There will be a mode later where you can drop the ball on the playfield (I think this is where you control the jetpack ball drop location)
-There will be at least one light show for the underwater scene
-There is a kit available from the parts/service to fix the ball trap above the gate in front of Bird One (and a couple other spots). Call tech support and ask for the Bond ball trap kit. This mostly applies to games made earlier in the run.
-Rosa Klebb mode: hit the tank target to freeze the rotating shot (the blinking arrow)
-More music definitely possible (???)
-the topper is similar to the 60th topper with RGB LEDs
-shooter knob similar to the 60th (Union Jack)
-Bond 60th code will be at 1.0 when shipped
-IC achievements: a ton more coming, probably more than 100 when finished
-GZ topper coming soon
-George owns all of his own games plus MM, JP, GoG, waiting for a GZ, some are in boxes, will probably sell T2
-They are trying to get us the code updates ASAP, moving from a 4 week cycle to smaller, more frequent updates
-Accessories are coming (already approved)
-A lot more surprises coming (in the code, I assume)
-IC app coming, Home leaderboards coming

Another "nugget" that I caught: a "ball swipe" (?) feature, similar to that apparently on Stranger Things, where a physically locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button. The downside is that you lose a locked ball and will have to re-earn it. This feature will only be available with Premium/LE gameplay code as it requires a physical ball lock.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Not if you do it properly

Unfortunately, many don't apparently as it's common to see built up dried wax on posts, under plastics, etc.

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

To each his own.
I always waxed my games after a while. You need to clean everything before you do so. ... It's fun to me ...

While I can appreciate the merits of waxing, I find the required process to be time consuming, tedious, and unnecessary. Accordingly, I clean my modern games with a vacuum, Novus One and rubber cleaner, but never bother with wax. My Bond will be no different.

As you say though, to each his own.

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

,,, Have a lot of faith in Mike V and team. This game is gonna be a phenomenal total package when it’s done. Think it’s going to be one of my all time favorites!

There's a lot of potential for an all-time great with Bond! Excellent theme. Fun shooter.

I'm confident as well that the code will come - just a matter of time.

#2921 1 year ago

Nice!

I'm thinking it could use more Sean Connery Bonds in tuxes w/ raised pistols though.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The spinner falling off is getting a bit old. 3rd time so far. Seems like the spinner hanging out being hit from all different angles is what’s causing the issue. Any ideas for a fix
other than continuing to bend?

Add a small washer to the end of the arm and then crimp it.

Like what Stern did to fix this problem.

1 month later
#5458 1 year ago

My Refinery Premium has arrived, and after adding a few final touches, I'm now an active Bond club member! Fun shooter and even though the code is incomplete, I'm really enjoying this game so far!

20230327_172543_resized (resized).jpg20230327_172543_resized (resized).jpg

20230327_165409_resized (resized).jpg20230327_165409_resized (resized).jpg

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Nice! What is that shooter rod?

One that I had previously purchased for another game. I believe I got it from the ModFather.

#5474 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Nice. Where did you get the armor and hinges?

Via a vendor that Mi Pinball Refinery (who did the powder coating) uses.

1 week later
#5894 1 year ago

Anyone received the "ball trap kit" yet from Stern that George Gomez talked about (and said to request from Stern Tech Support) a while ago now in a Marco stream?

FYI: I just spoke to Eddie w/ Stern's tech support to request the ball trap kit as well as a set of springs for the drop target assembly. Eddie told me:

1) The springs will be included in the kit and are not available separately.
2) The kit is not yet available.
3) Stern Tech Support has no info as to when the kit will be available, but an announcement will be made by Stern when it is, and Bond owners will need to subsequently obtain it through their distributor.

#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I was told the same thing by Eddie Yates on March 27. He did open an order for me and provided me with the order number. You will need to provide a photo of the serial number tag and attach it to the service ticket that you open as well as your shipping address.
On a side note, since I lowered the flipper power on the left and right lower flippers from 255 to 230 I have not had one bricked drop target shot in over 100 games which includes several hundred drop target hits and I am still able to hit all of the other shots in the game.
Gord

Thanks - interesting. Eddie made no mention, or offer, of opening an order for the ball trap kit/springs. Rather, he was pretty clear in stating that Bond owners will just need to wait until Stern announces that they are available (whenever that will be).

I have trimmed the existing drop target springs to increase their tension. I'll now try adjusting the flipper power as well.

#5962 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I would like to see the action button come into play with a future update. The ball can go into the db5 scoop and stay there during a game feature. Then show the clip from the movie when Bond lifts up the gear shift and presses the button to eject the seat. Have the action button blink during this and you can manually eject the ball from the car! How fun would that be!

Not sure at what point in the future this will become available, but Mike V has mentioned a planned "ball swipe" (?) feature, similar to that apparently on Stranger Things, where a physically locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button. The downside is that you lose a locked ball and will have to re-earn it. This feature will only be available with Premium/LE gameplay code as it requires a physical ball lock.

#6022 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Received my ball trap kit today.
[quoted image]

That's not possible. Stern tech support says: "They're not available yet."

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I got ahold of pablo. I thought this is what I did intially, but I did it again per intruction and it works find now. so IDK what happened. it was an early pro, and janky code so everything wasn't working right anyway. hard to know if it was something I did or software related.
pablo
Just had a meeting with Engineering and they have seen a couple issues with the diverter not staying open in the game specifics test. The fix for this is,
Raise the playfield.
Loosen up the 5/32 allen screw on the diverter flipper assembly.
Hold the diverter in the OPEN position.
Push the plunger of the diverter from the underside till it bottoms out on the coil bracket.
Tighten the 5/32 allen screw back down.
See attached PDF for reference.

Thanks for this info.

And the referenced "attached PDF" as well!

#6042 1 year ago

Dup

#6106 1 year ago

... I have both the LE and the 60th, and I play the 60th 3 to 1 over the LE. And I love them both. It is an awesome shooter and blows the doors off beetles. It’s fast, hard, and smooth to shoot. The more you play it the more you want to play it (if you can get past the “I don’t like this game because it’s so expensive” phase). The outside art is Ho hum, but the playfield with the bright lights are impressive. I didn’t pay anywhere near 20k for it an it’s the one everyone wants to,play when they come over. Speaks for itself.

The 60th certainly doesn't blow the doors off the Beatles (or a lot of other games for that matter) art-wise - cabinet or playfield - for me, but it does look like it's fun to shoot and has some unique features. Apparently it's a very challenging game too - which I'm sure adds to its "one more game" appeal.

I have a friend who owns one and I hope to be able to experience it in person sometime soon!

#6109 1 year ago

Cool! I really enjoy playing my Beatles game and I'll have high expectations of Bond 60th accordingly when I eventually play it.

#6207 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

But what I'm hearing from you guys,. Right now as the code sits. The Pro seems to be the better machine.

I own a Premium. No regrets.

If I was an operator, I'd buy a Pro. I prefer full featured games for playing at home though.

#6243 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

...To me the hardest shot to hit intentionally is the one between the ramps on the right. Easy to hit accidentally though. Which probably means I just suck

I've found that I can backhand this shot from the right flipper pretty consistently on my game.

#6356 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

... Going through all the villains and no wizard mode is getting old.

Wow. I'm nowhere near to dealing with this issue yet!

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

And I would say to your friend they have no sense of humor and not everything in life is meant to be a social cry or "powerlifting". Glad to hear we at pinside are being used as an example for your amusement.

I think you're missing his point.

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Both bonds in one place!
[quoted image]

Oh my!

#6655 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Bond is probably the most disappointing IP pin in the history of Stern. ...

Nah. Not yet anyway.

Both The Walking Dead and Batman 66 had pretty disappointing code starts too. And I know - both were redeemed by Lyman Sheats.

Regardless of no Lyman salvation coming, I think Bond will be a great game before it's through and its poor reveal and slow code development will become just more forgotten pinball history.

In the meantime, I find it fun to play. Limited code and all.

#6686 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The whiz blades are great in person. They perfectly extend the playfield artwork for each section

I agree. I like them better than the art blades that come with the LE.

#6868 12 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

... Man I can’t wait to see all the wizard modes they come up with for this game. This might end up being a pretty long playing game once everything is finished considering how many modes it has plus all the wizard modes that are coming.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I agree, there is so much they can do. BM66 had major and minor villains and is super deep. This has the bonds, hinchman, gadgets plus more.

Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast:

"... but I can say, like I'll be working on Bond with Lonnie until we're done. And we have a LOT of cool stuff planned. Like that game has turned out to be my largest design role at Stern. It actually will eclipse Stranger Things as far as, like my design involvement goes. And uh ... I promise everybody will be SUPER happy with it when we are done. We have a lot of cool stuff planned for ... for that game that … you know … is just not implemented yet, but once we get in, I think people are going to really enjoy it.”

<<In response to comment from podcast host Jason that Bond is really fun to shoot, but code is being released at a slow drip rate.>>

“Yeah … we’d like to get … you know … we’re getting it to you as fast as we can and we would have liked to have gotten it to you more, and faster, but … you know there’s a number of reasons why it’s taken as long as it has. Um … but, I promise it will be worth the wait when it’s done. Like … I think people are starting, with the last two updates, people I think are starting to really … see … like kind of where we’re headed with that and they seem to enjoy the couple things that we added … in the last two updates. Um … which is nice to see and I, you know, there’s just more of that to come. I think it will all kind of fit together, you know, in a way that’s maybe not apparent now like you’ll see how the things kind of work together to get you to, with the wizard modes when you’re in there, and how things will affect what you do in the future in the game you’re playing, you know, like your performance in these modes will aid you in scoring and when you get to wizard modes and what not, you know. There’s a lot of stuff like that planned. It’s gonna have some good layers of depth for sure that’s not … not … immediately apparent now cause there’s missing pieces still you know.”

<<In response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>

“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

#6902 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Didn't star trek get a mini overhaul? Not sure but something rings a bell there where another programmer stepped in as it was a bitof a mess? ...

Yes. Dwight Sullivan created additional code for Star Trek including the bronze, silver, and gold medal awards for the modes.

#6905 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not a "total overhaul," that's "adding some shit to what's already there," which is the best we can hope for here.

Characterized as '"mini overhaul" by poster.

#6914 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New code this week? Will be two weeks this week.

New Foo Fighters code (0.94) released today.

mob (resized).jpgmob (resized).jpg

#6989 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

... I don't like stoppage in play, so the ball lock on the Premium was actually a negative for me. The Jet Pack wand Bond was cool, but again, stops the ball so I figured spending $2600 less was a plus....

Seriously?

#6996 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Yeah, a lot of people say that. Makes the game gaster.

Quoted from dinot:

... On the Pro it whips around super fast. I love it. ...

Perhaps Stern is missing a market opportunity to charge more for Pros.

#7041 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

This is a very rough guide to what to expect for code updates using 3 weeks between updates starting with the last update, v0.90 on April 20. It will inevitably be wrong (we don't know if all will be .01 increments and it's not going to be exactly 3 weeks for each update), but this is to adjust your expectations going forward. Yes, it could be November until the code is at 1.0!
Date, Code Version
4/20/2023 0.90
5/11/2023 0.91
6/1/2023 0.92
6/22/2023 0.93
7/13/2023 0.94
8/3/2023 0.95
8/24/2023 0.96
9/14/2023 0.97
10/5/2023 0.98
10/26/2023 0.99
11/16/2023 1.00

Thanks - I shall mark these dates on my calendar and anxiously expect Stern to meet, if not exceed, them!

#7051 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just started having an issue where my diverted isn’t holding open. I checked the EOS switch, which appears to be opening at the end of its travel. I’m not sure if it is supposed to always be closed or open at the end of the pulse, but I tested both ways and nothing seemed to get the coil to hold it open. I would love some ideas if anyone has any!

I had this happen on my game. You need to loosen the diverter shaft on the flipper mech that drives it and readjust the diverter position so that it is fully open in conjunction with the plunger being fully retracted within the coil.
See this prior post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/121#post-7519401

#7072 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Stern sent me new springs in just 5 days. Just have to ask.
Def work much better.

I wish. I've requested springs twice now - directly via phone as well as online. No springs yet.

Quoted from dinot:

I already have shorter springs, but I never played the game with the stock drop targets. I replaced them as soon as I got it (NIB). So I don't know if my situation is the same or was the bricking issue worse/different than what I am experiencing.

I have the same issue with my stock targets. I've trimmed the springs, reduced the flipper power, and applied some lube very sparingly, but the right target still bricks half the time.

#7081 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,folks>A ball trap kit just hit me from my Distro! What the hell do you do with this thing, and why???Thanks!!

You trap balls with it of course. Something to do while you wait for code updates.

#7086 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You put it in the coin box and never install it, and then give it to the guy who eventually buys it from you.

I went wild and actually installed mine. Have yet to trap a ball though.

#7222 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Takes WAY longer over wifi, at least for me.
For example, just downloading the new code takes over 30 minutes doing a Wifi update ...

Yeah - me too. Apparently WAY WAY longer as it typically takes hours for my games. Had to let my Bond run overnight for this last update via wifi.

Still ... thumb drives are SO yesterday in pinball.

#7255 11 months ago

Jack Danger (DeadFlip) playing Bond V0.91 a couple days ago:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817507781

#7258 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do I want to watch him play it when I can play it?
We are all doing God's work here!

And bless you for that Brother Levi!

Lesser players, like myself, need all the help we can get though.

#7322 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Would rather watch grass grow tbh. I get more info from instruction cards over watching that guy fumble and fart around on machines while tatersalad and the butt brigade suck up his rear end.

To each their own. And you're welcome.

I typically don't watch pinball streams for more than 10 minutes or so at a time, and only accomplished players at that. The downside of watching Jack for me is the constant chat, but he will often get deep into a game's features and code. Seeing this as well as the many display graphics that I typically miss while playing is worthwhile to me.

#7404 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

... We all know it will take a couple of years to bake. There are plenty of previous examples.. TWD, GB, ACDC, KISS, AS, GOTG, Stranger Things and I am sure there are more. ...

Like the most infamous example of all ... Batman 66

#7551 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

If Gomez thinks we're all supposed to precisely shoot bumpers to select the next Henchman/Villain mode to "make your own movie" experience, that's absurd. I think he's full of shit, to be honest. ...

#7675 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Some of us are offended at your constant taking of the Lord’s name in vain, Levi. Other comments without that are appreciated.

#7711 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just installed these side rails I picked up at Pinfest looks nice on the game.

Yep - I think they add a nice touch too!

Pinside_forum_7498041_3318694 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7498041_3318694 (resized).jpg
#7774 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Elmer T. Lee drank his bourbon with Sprite …

Eegads! A bourbon icon's image tarnished.

What next?! He liked ketchup on hot dogs too?

#7776 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

For the record I like ketchup on hot dogs!

Ugh.

FWIW - little known Bond trivia: he preferred his dogs Chicago style. Steamed in vodka though.

#7804 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

... Knowing that the multiplier and Bond girls are in this release makes me think that they are spending a lot of time balancing everything out scoring wise. I read somewhere that the Bond girls are being added last so they can balance everything out. I wouldn’t doubt that this will be the release that sets this thing into motion as far as cohesion goes.

Do we truly know this?

Regardless, we shall see I guess. The updates will be what they'll be as Stern continues to reveal whatever they have planned for the remaining code.

As far as the Bond girls being added last, you may be thinking of this portion of a previously posted semi-recent Mike Vinikour interview:

<<Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast in response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>

“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

#7807 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I do know this, Gomez told us on the FB page. He said the multiplier will be added with this release.

Excellent - "In Gomez we trust"!

Thanks

#7816 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well yeah that was kind of my point.
I doubt you’ll see people trying for 5,6,7 X in tournaments.
But it’ll be something fun for the home crowd.

Definitely an example that will elude many newer Pinsiders, ... but similar to the thrill of going for 6th Gear in Stern Mustang!

1 week later
#8097 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There was a problem with that on Rush that could be fixed ...

This fixed the inner loop switch not being hit on my Rush (FWIW):

Rush Inner Loop Assist & Soft Plunge Corrector | Pinside Shops
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector

#8099 10 months ago

dup

#8107 10 months ago

diver mod (resized).jpgdiver mod (resized).jpg

#8146 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The premium is totally not worth it for Bond.

The Premium is totally worth it for Bond.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the premium vs pro debate looking like these days?

As you can see, the debate has reached new intellectual heights.

#8227 10 months ago

Bruce is still not pleased with the code:

(6:44 start)

https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2023/06/13/episode-208-sometimes-cringy/

#8243 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Oh no! Bruce doesn’t like it?
Who cares. Those guys are lame.
I feel like Crazy Levi is wearing off on me.

You are even cR@ZiEr than CrazyLevi!

#8246 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who the F is Bruce?

Bruce Nightingale

Co-host of the Slam Tilt podcast

#8263 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Never heard of him or his podcast. Why should we care what he thinks?

I merely provided the link for those interested in an additional perspective on Bond. Care or don't care - up to you.

FWIW - Slam Tilt is a longstanding pinball podcast (208 episodes and counting). I often disagree with Bruce's gameplay opinions, but I still appreciate his (and his co-host Ron's) pinball knowledge and insights.

#8277 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I thought Bruce Nightingale was the center square on Hollywood Squares.
[quoted image]

lol

Close - that was actually Bruce Vilanch.

Ron Hallett & Bruce Nightingale of the Slam Tilt podcast (and YUGE Bond fans):

TeamSlamTilt (resized).jpgTeamSlamTilt (resized).jpg

#8280 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t know why people are so hard on Bruce. He told it how it is. The Q modes are a road block that locks you out from doing anything, just like light saber duel in Star Wars. It’s good that he brought it up as it brings awareness to the dev team; hopefully something they address in a future update.

Word

#8333 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'd like to know how people are 'bumping' when that weak shot up in the right loop comes rolling back SDTM? I've tried bumping head on, to the right and to the left and 99% of the time the ball continues to go SDTM. In fact, I've bumped the machine so hard both right and left that I've had to strighten it afteward, but still get the SDTM return.

I have the same issue on my game. Right orbit shot that gets hung up will slowly roll down and go SDTM.

Still working on solution for this as nudging after the ball emerges doesn't seem to work most of the time.

#8387 10 months ago

I too have purchased the -03 springs from Marco and the drop target bricking has been improved, but not totally eliminated so far. I need to get more games in to fully assess yet.

#8396 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I haven't done anything and my drops seem to work just fine. And every shot in the game seems perfectly makeable without toying with settings.
Lucky me I guess!

I think you are fortunate (re: drop targets at least) given how often bricking is apparently being encountered.

This is actually the first time I can recall experiencing this issue with drop targets on one of my Stern games though and I've owned a bunch.

#8477 10 months ago

Fresh Jack Danger & Mike Vinikour tutorial:

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/v/1853850853?sr=a&t=0s

#8483 10 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

...So 90% done....

8. "ball swipe" feature (locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button)
9. Additional instructional and status/info graphics to be added
10. Challenge mode to become available

#8582 10 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any ideas for powder on a premium,I just don’t like the teal on the le and I can’t come up with anything better than a black?
Maybe something with yellow and black?

Teal Blue - much better than Teal Green.

On the Premium.

Bond S (resized).jpgBond S (resized).jpg

#8606 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Should NinjaCamp make another loop fix like the one we did for Rush?...

Yes please. I appreciate the various simple and effective fixes you provided for Rush!

#8750 9 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Playing a LOT of Bond-so much more fun and code is still not finished. Nuff said.

One of my go-to games right now. Very fun to go for specific mode completions!

#8751 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Only having had my Bond premium for a week now, I am confused by Jetpack multiball. What am I trying to do? ...

Jetpack multiball demo/explanation starts 42:30

#8755 9 months ago
Quoted from flipper007:

Question: How do you let the upper left flipper down during Jetpack multiball while holding both lower flippers with 2 balls at each side in control? ...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... Hold the flipper button in about halfway and it will only activate the lower flipper. ...

You can adjust the switch blades (separate the upper flipper pair more from the lower flipper pair), that the left flipper button contacts, to make staging less difficult to do. Still requires practice and skill though.

#8760 9 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

... a great memorable game that will join the ranks of Gomez’s other classics, or will it be fun but not legendary? ...

Fun game with great potential to be one of Gomez's best, but final ranking TBD yet.

Simple as that. Enjoy it in the meantime and sell/trade it if it doesn't end up meeting your expectations.

#8840 9 months ago

Bunch of doubters. Be like Nicholastree , his optimism brought us thru today!

Happy Code Day everyone! LoL

"Oddball" and I thank you for your positive waves @nicholastree!

positive waves.gifpositive waves.gif

#8883 9 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Stern has some cool toppers, but on this one it feels like they missed the mark quite a bit when calibrated against the price.

I guess I'll know for sure when mine arrives, but I respectfully disagree in the meantime based on what I've seen of it in videos and given past Stern toppers/prices.

#8936 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... I think these games just need to be broken in. Same with the drop targets. ...

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That's certainly a possibility, but my game had almost 1000 plays on it and I wasn't seeing any improvement in rocket function.

Same here, but with drop targets. Lots of plays AND changed to correct springs as well as reduced flipper power, but still bricking more often than not.

#8978 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys always think it’s a bug!!
I’ve made the same 10 software updates you have. It’s not a bug.
It’s never a bug!!! ...

I agree. Ridiculous!

There's obviously a direct mechanical correlation between the frequency of drop targets bricking and the Q Ring mode appearing as both occur regularly on my game. Best to check all coils, switches, and related settings!

#8991 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm really the only person who is bothered by that powder puff "gunshot" sound at the game's opening gun barrel sequence?
I mean, even shitty players have ears, and a sense of what's dramatic or not.

At least they didn't use the gun barrel sequence from one of the first three Sean Connery movies. Those actually feature Bob Simmons - a stunt double in the Bond films - and it's obvious that he's not Sean Connery as Simmons was 6 inches shorter.

More Bond trivia: Bob Simmons also played the role of the villain Colonel Jacques Bouvar in the opening mansion fight scene in Thunderball.

#9076 9 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

... Looking to understand when it might be time to oil the spinner.

Quoted from Mancave:

... I always add a very small amount of oil to my spinner shafts on every machine that i own that has a spinner and it obviously makes a difference. ...

Agreed. It's always time to oil the spinners for me as I do it on every game I own that has them.

#9121 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I had some kind pinsiders hip me to retro refubs selling my bond translite. Please dont buy from them ...

Digging my genuine "Pinstein" alternate Bond translite!

Thanks for creating and providing these!

Quoted from Grantman:

I finally have most of my James Bond collection displayed and was able to take some photos.

Impressive - thanks for sharing!

#9134 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

Nice!

#9171 9 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious, what is everyone's strategy for Skill Shots. ...

I don't bother with the upper rollover skill shots - not worth enough (currently). Rather, I always activate the lower skill shots and go for those. I sometimes go for the side henchmen ramp, but typically try to trap the ball and shoot the villain ramp or DB5 scoop.

#9179 9 months ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

So how do you light each movie insert ?
I call these inserts the “ ladders of success “ . I like to feel like I have accomplished something ,
If you light them all is there some Grand Wizard finale ?

I believe you light each movie insert by collectively playing its respective villain, henchman, Bond girl, and gadget. (and Q-Branch mode?)

#9229 9 months ago

After four months and about 400 games my 007 is finally giving me bricks at the drop targets. Gonna play a few more before resorting to a change in springs.

I just finished adding an additional washer to each drop target to lessen the amount of catch ledge overlap. Finally, after much prior screwing around with springs and flipper power with limited results, no more bricking!

#9231 9 months ago

Eric Stone plays v0.94 Bond:

#9241 9 months ago

Some further info FWIW: you only need to add a washer on each target's upper post (contains spring) between the assembly and the target. You may want to add a tiny bit more of silicone grease (or equivalent) as needed too.

I used these washers:

https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-assembly-washer.html

#9252 9 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

The blue springs made mine super robust with regard to bricking. Easy swap too.

I changed to these earlier (and still have them installed), but it didn't fix the bricking issue on my game.

#9325 9 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

How do you guys get the ball up to the third flipper for the Henchman ramp when there's a flashing/hurry-up shot there? Do you shoot to the left side of the rocket and hope the gate feeds it back to the flipper? Is there a better technique I haven't thought of?

Right orbit to left orbit via open upper gate also. Much easier said than done (making the right orbit shot and then the side ramp shot) for me though.

#9372 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

If everyone continues to have the issue, everyone should report it to Stern, there is no reason they should not issue a fix/new plastic for the lane.

Hopefully, it will be as nice as the "horse blinders" fix they came up with for the Rush scoop protector issue.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... I find the issue to be much less pronounced on Bond, so yeah, a little adjusting on the wire might do the trick there.

Nah - gotta be a code issue. (again)

#9436 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I know their price won’t drop. What will is the price on the used, secondary market.

Discontinued Stern toppers seem to typically be going for $$$ regardless of whether they're new or used.

#9495 9 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

... I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.[quoted image]

Agreed re: Pinstein's alternate translite - looks great!

I prefer "adultish" in general with my games when available. Especially with James Bond.

#9590 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

... More tension wins out over shortened screws with less tension in my opinion. ...

shortened springs (not screws)

#9613 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, Tilt Graphics has them, although I'm not a fan of them. Not sure how they'd look once installed.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/james-bond-gameblades-the-women-of

Not a fan either (for this game] as most of the women are from post-Connery Bond films.

2 weeks later
#10153 8 months ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

My 007 Topper Box arrived last week from Marco As you can see the cardboard box was damaged in shipping .. Fed Ex . fortunately the foam packing saved it with zero damage to the actual topper .. Lucky Me !
It is completely worth the $ 1,049 ….
[quoted image]

Yikes

Glad to hear your topper survived. I'm digging mine - really adds to the game for me!

2 weeks later
#10657 7 months ago

For all those still dealing with bricking drop targets and screwing around with the springs - there is another solution. Just add an additional washer to each target.

Simple and effective solution. My drops have not failed since I did this.

Info if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/185#post-7677481

#10660 7 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

You know if they removed the posts on springs and toppers this place would be a ghost town

Yep - why I reposted washer solution. Tired of seemingly endless (and repetitive) springs posts.

Topper talk though - that's a different deal. Official Bond topper is very cool! (see gallery for plenty of pics).

#10688 7 months ago

Hmmm. OK. I think mine is already aligned like that. The only problems I've had with hitting the Bond Girl loop or the henchmen ramp is because I suck at pinball, LoL.

lol

I'm hoping future code updates will fix my suckiness.

1 week later
#11057 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think the movie inserts are a ridiculous use of real estate. They take up so much room but I have yet to light a movie insert.

This will hopefully change by the time the code is fully developed, but right now, given my limited gameplay skills, this playfield real estate would be better utilized for tracking gadget modes.

1 week later
#11360 7 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Headed to go grab a new pin tomorrow. Leaning towards bond. What’s the verdict on this one for pro or premium?

Premium/LE. A Pro is okay for the unaware general public to play on route, but for a home collection, give me full features all day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Particularly for a Bond themed game! Anything less is like James Bond driving a Mini rather than an Aston Martin.

#11362 7 months ago

Whuh?

#11364 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry couldn’t resist.
I must admit I would like to give bond on a wand a go. Think that could be lots of fun.

The "Bond on a wand" is definitely a fun feature! Very challenging (for me anyway) to complete all 3 levels too.

2 months later
#12672 4 months ago

87tozf (resized).jpg87tozf (resized).jpg

#12673 4 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

All I want for Christmas is Q-Gadget status indicators on the screen. Everything else is just gravy for me because I think the game is near perfect at this point.

Looking forward to the forthcoming "Swipe a Ball" feature. Per Mike Vinikour, it will only be available on Premium/LE games though as it requires a physical ball lock.

Add me to those desiring some Bond women clips/callouts too.

#12696 4 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Got the chance to play MXV @ Pincinatti with and somehow made it out on top! Won a signed translite. Super cool, great guy.

Very cool - congrats!

Quoted from rob3:

... Nope, didn’t ask about more bond women video ...

#12766 4 months ago
Quoted from rickker:

Pretty sure that piece is for the outhole drain. ...

It is.

3 weeks later
#13424 4 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Anybody notice their topper is only displaying red and green light ...

Noticed it as well. Very cool!

Merry Christmas fellow Bond owners!20231225_204040 (resized).jpg20231225_204040 (resized).jpg

#13522 3 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:So this is really difficult to get to, isn't it? From what I see you have to start the DB5 Q mode, then use the Pussy Galore multiplier, then hit the DB5 scoop 4 more times while you are not in a mode to get the multiplier again in order to see the video, right?

A Pussy Galore scene has come up for me at least a couple of times during limited play since the last code update. Not exactly sure what I did to trigger it, but I don't think it was all that.

3 weeks later
#13961 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The only game that had more modes than this was Jjp pirates. And that sucked. ...

Quoted from sulli10:

I got to agree with you here. I had a JJP Pirates when it first came out and at the time was making the GOAT argument. After a while I could not even play a full game without wanting to just turn off the pin.

I like my James Bond; great theme and it's a lot of fun.

And .. I still LOVE my JJP POTC that I've owned for years now. One of my favorite games!

As always, to each their own. We're fortunate to have so many fantastic pinball machines to choose from.

#13977 3 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Our Bond games are so amazing! Just discovered that if Bird 1 MB is started while in another mode; cradling the ball, watched about 12 minutes of movie of the Bird 1 volcano invasion. Wow! So fun and immersive bringing you into the game. Hope Stern team does more of this. Has anyone else seen this yet or is this old hat to some of you?

Haven't noticed this as I'm always aware of the mode timer. Good info - thanks!

1 week later
#14112 84 days ago

I'm afraid drop target bricking is going to be an ongoing issue. I replaced all three springs with the blue ones (Stern sent me them for free, btw. All you need do is ask). The left drop target is bricking again. Other two haven't though. So during Blofeld I'm aiming more at the center and right drops because once they are down they usually also drop the left one. Right now bricking is happening 30% of the hits. When it get's over 50% (or I get pissed off 'cause of a brick, whichever comes first, LoL) I'll work a fix (tightening spring, adding washer, etc.).

I've mentioned this a couple of times in this thread already, but FWIW - screwing around with (as well as replacing) the springs alone didn't do the trick for my drops. What did fix them for good was adding a thin washer at each target to decrease the amount of overlap with the catch ledge piece. NO issues since.

#14128 83 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

You’ll have issues again later on down the road. Blue springs end your suffering.

Not worried.

And I installed the blue springs prior to the washers. They didn't fix the problem. Still in place nonetheless.

#14145 83 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of the blue springs not working. ..

I've posted this several times re: the blue springs now as well.

Glad that they've worked for others, but not a guanteed fix.

#14177 82 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm guessing Swipe a Ball is similar to Stranger Things?

Yes. You'll be able to add a physically locked ball to a multiball.

Only on Premiums and LEs.

#14197 81 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The balls in the chairs are awesome. ...

Agreed. I appreciate its creative take on a classic scene!

#14202 80 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

No luck finding HUO premium nearby. Thinking NIB

OMG

Seriously though, you won't regret buying a Bond. Just do it - this game is bitchin'!

And be sure to buy a Premium or LE. You'll be glad you did once the upcoming code upgrades are released!

#14285 75 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

... I actually enjoy playing Venom. Really gets too much hate.

It's a fun game!

Although I really enjoy my Bond too, I've actually been playing my Venom more recently.

I know ...

1 week later
#14465 67 days ago

So is Christmas.

#14473 67 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Why the eyeroll?? Is it that bad that people need to get the pitchforks out?

The eye roll is in reference to the ongoing wait - not anyone brandishing a pitchfork.

#14580 61 days ago

... It's just shocking that a $13K product (1,000 LEs out there) still doesn't have all its promised features over a year since it was released.

Sad, but true. Welcome to the hobby of modern pinball games.

#14582 61 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Joined the club today. ...

Congrats! You have chosen well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.