IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7183 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't have a problem with that. If they don't get it right things could get really stupid quick with the multiplier scoring.
My big "why the fuck haven't they yet" was just getting the clips and the release synced and it looks like they have. We'll have to see how it goes in practice.
On a practical level this is the largest update yet. It's almost a gig larger than the last one?

This is code .91 and what is the total almost 6 Gig? This game is gong to be awesome when it is complete!

1 week later
#7471 11 months ago

Wife played JB last night and loved the game. No comments what so ever about the "Bond Women"

Anyways , a lot of comments on the code. Just looked at the size of the 0.91 Bond file versus other "finished" files:

Bond 6.91G
Godzilla 5.76G
Guardians 4.12G
Munsters 2.27G
Elvira 5.61G
JP 2.84G
Stranger Things 3.88G

I believe these are the compressed numbers , but Bond is a much bigger file at this point than even Elvira, which kinda surprised me.

Not sure how much of the 6.91 G Bond code is being utilized in the game already, but at 0.91 we have a lot to go code wise.

Great shooting play field. I like the FX effects so far. Hopefully there can be some more creativity on the mode shots. We will see. A lot to work with.
Go get em Lonnie .

2 weeks later
#7952 10 months ago

Yes ha, exactly but only the ones you collected you will lose.
Each solid bond woman = 1x when you hit the button, and all the solid ones unlight and start over if you drain.</blockquote

This!

Once again, got to thank the early pinsiders who so heavily trash a game on beginning code. Kills the game price while the code is still being developed and the games are still for sale with the distributors. Allowed me to get a nice deal on a pro. At 0.92, this code is really starting to rock. Played about a dozen games. The play field multipliers are going to be excellent. Got to hear Diamonds are Forever. I hope more songs are coming as well.

With 8 more updates like this past one, this game is going to be spectacular.

#8175 10 months ago

Not for the money .

3 weeks later
#8826 9 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

LE/PRE V0.94.0 - July 6, 2023
=====================
- Now "Chaos at Crab Key" Wizard mode is available at the right ramp upon playing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.
- Added "Chaos at Crab Key" as a 3 ball Multiball Wizard Mode. Make 1 of 8 lit shots for
a Jackpot (blinking arrow). Add-a-Ball is awarded upon collecting all 8 Jackpots. Next,
make 1 of 4 lit left playfield shots for a Jackpot. Hitting the tank target moves lit
Jackpot shots to the opposite side of the playfield. Next, make 1 of 4 lit playfield shots
to collect a Jackpot and light Super Jackpot at the Side Ramp. Shooting the Side Ramp scores
a Super Jackpot and ends the Multiball. Bonus: Score a 2X Super Jackpot by making a
Side Loop->Side Ramp Combo. All of the balls are cycled back into the trough and 1 new ball
is kicked into the shooter lane to allow play to continue.
Note: Do all of the above with the Flippers Reversed.
- Added logic to allow the Side Ramp stand-up target and the Pop Bumpers to cycle the available
Wizard Modes.
- Added Chaos at Crab Key High Score Champions to the attract mode.
- Added Topper Lightshows.
- Add logic to Trouble in Jamaica, The Incredible Laser Ray, and Feeding Frenzy display awards to
be aborted via flipper "blowoff" when balls are waiting to be kicked from a playfield multiball
device.
- Add logic to Trouble in Jamaica, The Incredible Laser Ray, and Feeding Frenzy display awards to
forestall ball search if balls are waiting to be kicked from a playfield multiball device.
- Added a new SPECTRE Targets completed sound FX.
- Added a new Powerpack Multiball Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Added logic to keep the drop targets down during Jetpack Multiball.
- Changed the "SPOTTED SPECTRE WEAPON STARTS" default setting. Default = 3.
- Changed Jackpot/Super Jackpot score values for Bird 1 Multiball.
- Changed logic that determines if completing the SPECTRE targets will light the
SPECTRE Weapon Ready light at the Side Ramp Target.
- Fixed a tank target scoring bug in "Trouble in Jamaica" that occurs when "007 Scoring" is
active.
- Added a SPECTRE Weapons "Ready" display effect video. This video was added to
differentiate it from the "Lit" display effect, i.e. the "Lit" display effect indicates an
award is available to be collected immediately while the "Ready" display effect
indicates the award can be collected once any underlying criteria preventing it
from being collected has been extinguished.
- Now the Progress bar displays mode completion progress for "DB5 Multiball"
- Add logic to Training Grounds, Diamonds of Destruction, and Disco Volante Demolition display
awards to be aborted via flipper "blowoff" when balls are waiting to be kicked from a playfield
multiball device.
- Add logic to Training Grounds, Diamonds of Destruction, and Disco Volante Demolition display
awards to forestall ball search if balls are waiting to be kicked from a playfield multiball device.
- Fixed a bug in DB5 Multiball where the mode music/background transitioned prematurely to
the main play music/background.
- Now the Bond Women Multiplier lit display effect, when awarded during via a
left/right eject, no longer uses choreography to stage the award if this is done
during a multiball event.
- Added a new DB5 Multiball Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Changed the Pop Bumper sound FX to remove possible distortion when played back at a louder volume.
- Now the "007 Scoring" Timer icon animates upon each switch hit/score.
- Fixed a bug where the Disco Volante Demolition award display effect displayed the wrong score.
- Changed Helicopter Countdown (HCD) rule logic to kill previous HCD awards still being displayed
or queued up to be displayed.
- Added Verified Location with check-mark when appropriate to attract mode Coin and Login screens.
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

And the hits just keep on coming.
Only 6 more updates till we hit 1.0 .

#8971 9 months ago

How does little Nellie score the bonus? I understand how to raise the bonus but not score it

Last game I played got Q’s ring. Not a very exciting mode at only 1 M per shot with no multipliers

#8983 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Literally every idiot in this thread
"you keep saying you are a better player than us!""
Me, zero times in this thread:
"I'm a better player than you."
I know you guys all have extra balls on, whereas I haven't. So I'm trying to figure out if playing endless 6 ball games is the key to Q. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't!
I appreciate learning from you guys that Q is in fact, still in the game. Like I said, I'm going glass off, and getting down to the bottom of this! Just like maybe one day you guys will figure out the perfect mysterious formula of electrical tape, foam rubber, flipper settings, and drop target springs that will perfect the play on Bond.
We are all in this together!

Lol, you kill me . But I am originally a New Yorker .

It is good to see you excited about this game. So am I. Best trade I ever made. A routed GOT pro for a NIB Bond pro. This game just gets better. The amount of modes will pass Hobbit with a 10 times better playfield on Bond.

The Q modes are actually my favorites so far.

2 months later
#10927 7 months ago

I'll ask. Any one know of any more toppers for sale?

3 weeks later
#11781 6 months ago

I lowered the coil power from 220 to 180 in the settings for the 3rd flipper. I seem to make more of the ramp and Bond Women shots. Worth a try. I do not have the Bond women plastic cover installed.

#11847 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've played both quite a bit and simply don't see any value in the premium.
Bond on wand is dumb
Underwater "scene" is dumb and there's a $50 "good enough" mod available from pinballlife if you can't live without it.
The "physical locks" make the game less fun as it's more difficult to set up upper flipper shots, much prefer the "virtual" lock on the pro that doesn't slow down the game and always sets up the upper flipper shots.
art is subjective, I like the babes and yellow of the Pro, but prefer the premium translite which shows more action.
With Bond Pros still hovering around $6k (or less in some cases, nice one in Jersey available for 5700 right now) Bond Pro is the best value in recent-release pinball.

I agree on the pro value versus prem on this game. Had a chance to buy an LE, but that is 2X the price of a pro. No way that makes sense to me.

2 months later
#13267 4 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Probably not, but ya never know. The ability to chose the villains, henchman, q and weapon to match a movie to light up an insert would be epic. But for now, I'm thankful for this awesome update that we got today!

Agree. Especially if the inserts started Movie modes

#13370 4 months ago

The game does get better and better.

I am not a real good player. Just had my two highest scores in the game and went above 1B for the first time . Getting better at using the smart missiles.

I have only seen three of the Bond women and I think I am ok that they seem to only pop up randomly. I believe there is only one clip of each actress and when they show up it adds a lot of "spice" to the game. I think that the women being the "priority " clip may be too much. My opinion any way.

Like others want to see more done with the center movie inserts. Early on, I did not care about not being able to manually select the villains ,Henchmen, etc. Maybe just be able to player select the Q or Spectre modes if three out of the other 4 for each movie mode have been played. Just a thought.

It is intresting how what seem like small changes make a significant improvement in game play. The Martini shot/Missile obtain is a great example.

Keep going Stern! 1 more update to get to 1.0. Hopefully a big one to tie in the center Movie inserts in an interesting manner. Stern has done this Iconic Theme justice!

#13393 4 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

It is an absolute show stopper. Just looks alone, absolute perfect and in the right place on the machine. The fact it’s a game inside a game is even crazier. I have like 13+ modifications. It is #1 or #2 and looks like if was high end OEM. But … it’s just a phenom mod. And based on the price, you can’t better bang for the buck.

Where can one be ordered?

3 weeks later
#13958 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The only game that had more modes than this was Jjp pirates. And that sucked. CrazyLevi said it sucked and I defended it saying he knew nothing. I was wrong. Damn it. I’ve sold my pirates and kept my bond. I’m happy how it is but happy to see some more polish.

I got to agree with you here. I had a JJP Pirates when it first came out and at the time was making the GOAT argument. After a while I could not even play a full game without wanting to just turn off the pin. Same thing happened to me on all my JJP's. Love them at first, but seem to lack appeal after say 50 to 100 plays.

I have had several people ask about my Bond. Do not see it going anywhere for a long time.

1 month later
#14730 53 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Bummer. April it is.

Let's think positive. Stern set up the contest to give them time to complete/test a MASSIVE 1.0 code drop. .

Played a couple of games last night after a little break from Bond. 500k or so game . Nothing great, but man, there a lot there already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.