IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2277 1 year ago

Can someone help me with the Jet Pack motor calibration? Mine sits in front of the ramp and gets hit every time you shoot the left orbit. My assumption is that isn’t normal, but I’m not sure.

#2493 1 year ago

Is there some bug with the Jet Pack guy that I don’t know about? Mine will be fine for a while, then begin to gradually creep closer to blocking the lane.

Sometimes it moves back between balls and then just stays there and never moves out of the way. It won’t do anything in test but a reboot solves the issue of it not moving out of the way.

The test never works but a reboot gets him out of the way of the ramp…for a while.

#2736 1 year ago

Anyone have the link to the stream? Provided it does come back up?

#2745 1 year ago

Ouch.

Question: "Will there be additional music?"

Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

#2832 1 year ago

Anyone mind telling me what MRS is and why I should care?

#3087 1 year ago

Was it me or when stacking all you get is one mode that goes quiet and then the sounds and video from the multiball. No scoring changes, no overlapping videos or audio. Nothing.

Seems like they just turned on a few lights.

I’m also annoyed that they didn’t bother to extend the ball release time so I can watch the entire cut scene when starting a villain mode.

I experienced several video / audio synch issues and scenes that kept playing well after moving to the next ball.

I’m
Happy for the update, but I just have this nagging feeling this game is going to end up very basic. I pray that I’m wrong but I don't think is going to end up with seemingly endless options like you get with Godzilla.

Is it just me or is the lockdown bar button just there for show? Mine never does anything.

#3146 1 year ago

Looks like v0.87 is out.

“Fixed a bug in the Professor Dent Henchmen Mode that could cause the game to crash
if all of the shot awards were "locked in" while progressing thru the mode.
- Fixed a Mr. Osato Henchmen mode display bug where, instead of displaying a score of
"3,000,000", the game displayed ",000,000"”

#3154 1 year ago

Does the lockdown bar button do anything yet? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine flash.

I checked it in switch test and in the lamp test, so I know it works.

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Anyone that ran a launch party receive their IC kit yet?

I can’t even get Stern to answer me. I’ve emailed Tyler 2 or 3 times now. Might have to CC a few other people about it.

I did my part, now they need to do theirs.

#3414 1 year ago

Mine doesn’t have a screw there either.

3 weeks later
#4549 1 year ago

I haven’t turned mine on in weeks if that says anything. It was my fault for making a snap decision.

I had a few games on the one in league and it shot so well that I jumped at the opportunity to buy one.

In hindsight, I should have put more than a few games on it before pulling the trigger. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought a JP or Godzilla.

Oh well, live and learn.

1 week later
#5399 1 year ago

I’d love to be able to hit both flippers and disable the pops for “X” seconds for those times it gets stuck up there for what seems like forever.

1 week later
#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You sure they didn't just stop Bond banners? The only artwork they had approved for Bond banners was the three pinball machine models and it looked horrible, compared to other banners they have made. I wouldn't produce them either if that was the only asset I could use.
Similar to this email graphic.
[quoted image]

I opened up the box for our launch party, looked at the banner and said "da' fuq is this thing?!?". It looked terrible and so did the launch party trophy. I was shocked they sent something that ugly.

#5772 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im not so concerned with what is missing... it will come eventually. Id prefer the scoring imbalances be sorted before adding more modes and skills hots etc. Complete 1 villain mode get 5mil, complete another get 100 mil. Possibly scoring imbalances will improve next update.

The "it will come eventually" is what has me worried. If I was 100% convinced that the code will be deep and polished like Jurassic Park, Godzilla, etc, I wouldn't be complaining.

My issue is with the track record of the people working on the game. If they are crying "licensing issues" already, I can easily see this as being a flop because the launch code sucks and then being dropped like a hot potato with all the licensor difficulties.

I have this funny feeling, I'm going to be stuck with an unfinished box of lights. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I absolutely do have a horse in this race.

1 month later
#7169 11 months ago

I know someone already posted this, but I’m going to do it again for effect.

HOLY SHIT, it’s about time!

“Added logic to keep the Bottom Lane Up-Post raised until the associated video clip finished playing.

- Added a light/sound event letting the player know the Bottom Lane Up-Post is about to be lowered.”

#7250 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll be honest both the Aston Martin and Thunderball Q modes are NOT that difficult. I played each a few times last night and I got the multiball every time.
Like you said you just need to priories the eject shot over building up the jackpot.
I think they are ok. The difficulty seems just about right to me.
I really don’t have any complaints with the latest updates. At this point we are just hoping for
“Good,” not perfect.
It’s never gonna be perfect for everybody.

I think the white shots during power pack should extend the time for the mode. There is no incentive to build up the jackpot because there isn’t enough time and almost no points.

Add 2s per white shot with a max of X seconds. Then build the scoring of each subsequent shot by a certain number of points.

The entire risk reward. You can keep hitting shots to build the value, but lose your ball and say bye bye to your multiball.

Right now there is time to hit a couple shots, but building the value from 1,000,000 to 1,400,000 in 100k increments doesn’t really interest me. No reward for the risk. I just take the scoop shots and get to the multiball.

1 week later
#7641 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Before George deleted all his posts he did say this.

Anyone know why he deleted all of his posts? Normally when you see that on social media, it's a company trying to back peddle on what they said. "We're going to do X, Y & Z for this game". Then they find out the game isn't selling and the licensor is giving them a hard time, so they delete everything.

As for no mode selection and people being too stupid to figure it out on their own, isn't that what the 10 second timer is for that automatically selects the mode for you?

1 week later
#7876 10 months ago

So are the Bond women supposed to be individual modes at some point or are they just multipliers?

#7972 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

From the games I put on it tonight I think I figured out (assuming factory settings) that it works like this:
When you light a bond woman it will be lit flashing.
Each time you hit the loop it collects one lit flashing one and turns it solid. You get one to turn solid per loop, so if you have three flashing, you need 3 loops to collect them each (one per loop).
Any bond woman you turn solid will be used when you hit the action button…so if you have 3 flashing for example and hit a loop, you have 2x when you hit the button. Another loop turns another solid and then you have 3x when you hit the button and so on.
Any solid woman you collect when you drain, if you didn’t use the multiplier that ball, you lose them and have to start over. Any flashing remain flashing on the next ball.
There’s probably a simpler way to explain this but I’m very tired.

This is what I came up with as well. I'm still trying to figure out how the timer works, but I only have 2 games on the new code and one of them was after a few beers.

#8093 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Not sure if anyone else noticed it yet or if I'm just annoyed due to my interest in details... but Stern made a silly decision and only half-lit the PF multiplier insert. Watch it flash next time you play, you'll see what I mean.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I played around with some ideas to correct this, check out my thread over here and lmk if you want me to make this available.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-pf-multiplier-light-corrector-mod

Damn. I didn’t bother to look under the play field and just assumed that it lit partially based on your multiplier number. Meaning that it wouldn’t fully light until you hit 7X scoring.

What an absurd decision.

2 weeks later
#8486 10 months ago

Carried a 5x multiplier into the tail end of Power Pack and started it the last 2 shots before the multiball. Each shot was worth ~75,000,000. I got into the multiball at wasn’t paying attention to the score and when I looked back up again, I had went from 280,000,000 to 1.1 billion.

It was literally 6 or 7 shots.

So apparently the Q modes can be pretty lucrative.

#8581 10 months ago

My wife and I were in DC over the weekend and saw this at the Spy Museum. I thought it was fitting to post it here.

DB5 (resized).jpgDB5 (resized).jpgDB5-1 (resized).jpgDB5-1 (resized).jpgDB5-2 (resized).jpgDB5-2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8906 9 months ago

Well, that kind of solves that....

I asked if the licensing issues surrounding video assets is true and the response was "We don't talk about that, shut up".

I also asked about allowing mode shots to add time to a mode. The response was "No, but we are going to add ways to add time to a mode".

#8960 9 months ago

Unless I’m mistaken, you didn’t used to be able to stack a Q mode and multiball, right?

I was playing earlier and stacked Radioactive Reconnaissance with Jetpack. My Q mode was started first.

Later in the ball I started Briefcase and was locked out of starting multiball. So maybe it’s a bug?

#8987 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know you guys all have extra balls on, whereas I haven't.

Sure we do. We set them to 5 ball when we get them home, remove the tilt bob, close the outlanes and bump it up to unlimited extra balls.

Seriously, get over yourself.

90% of my games have wide open outlanes with no rubber, the tilt is tighter that most PAPA setups and extra balls are off. Hell, Metallica has no ball save, lightning flippers and it’s 14 hits to get to Sparky.

3 months later
#11949 6 months ago

Anyone having an issues with the super on jetpack? Since v0.96 it doesn’t want to grab the ball anymore. It’s fine when Jetpack starts which is weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.