James-Bond-Sean-Connery-Art-by-Peter-Engels-05-scaled (resized).jpg
IMG_4662 (resized).jpeg
Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

I'm in on a Premium. Played the Pro several times. Looking forward to it.

#168 1 year ago

Come on LE unboxing pics. Someone must be getting their games this week.

#251 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

LE in the house!
[quoted image]

Wow. Powder coat looks real nice.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Yeah, I don’t care. I’m an elected official and already am on the radar. I use my real name on a lot of websites.

He's the Commissioner! Love the title.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Up and running too, no issues on set-up pf is nice and glossy in comparison to the pro @ p1, only tweak needed appears to be scuba divers' wire - right now I can only see bond's scalp when lit up (I'm 5'9" so average height).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is there a decal under the playfield in the scuba window? Can you share some pics of that area? Thanks

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what I thought too. Looks just the regular numbered style they always do. I guess the leading zeros will only be on the first 10 games, 001, 002, etc?

That was my understanding and expectation.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I fixed it. Loosen these nuts and go a hair towards you with the wire form over top the car. Test in coil setting - right vuk. Increased power from 16 to 18
[quoted image]

Reminds me of tuning the shooter wireforms in NBAFB. Another Gomez game. Yes. Sometimes the slightest adjustment in those wireforms makes the difference between consistent shots and 20% to 30% shots in Fastbreak.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Why? Are some showing up without it?

Under the playfield somewhere. Extra signature. Not the one on the apron.

#558 1 year ago

More the merrier! You are only about 2100 miles away from me

I'm coming too!

#565 1 year ago

So, two questions and one comment.
1. How are the movie modes completed? I have yet to get move than two movie modes lit and have no idea I I lit them.
2. What are the other 6 skill shots? Classified skill shot it is hitting the lit upper lane without using the flipper button to move the light. MI6 skill shot is hitting the lit upper light by moving it with the flipper button. No idea how to hit any other skill shots.
Comment: I consider myself an above average player. With that said, I can only hit the left orbit/jet pack ramp 1/3 of the time, henchman ramp 1/10th of the time, and villain ramp 1/3 of the time. I have 50 games on this machine and just can’t get the flow even if I don’t play my other games that screw up my timing.

I'll let you know when I get there! LOL

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I find this interesting as the ball ends up in the scoop constantly now. The pad dampens the impact which you would think prevent it from ricocheting back into middle of PF thus in the scoop more. Just seems odd that with nothing there and a hard impact to side the ball would go in more.

When I played a Pro on location a few weeks ago the ball would fall into the scoop and sit there for a few seconds. If the mystery wasn't lit (or whatever it's called) it would eject after those few seconds. You would think they could instantly eject the ball if the mode wasn't lit. Seems odd that it sits there. Hopefully that can be addressed in code.

NGG has a scoop on the left side in a similar location. If the ball goes in and the sandtrap mode isn't lit it immediately kicks the ball out. That is the behavior I would expect and it would minimize concerns of the ball spending too much time in the left scoop.

1 week later
#964 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

Found a screw in the bottom of cabinet. Do not see it in the manuals or a place where it should go. It seems to be a thumb adjusting screw, not slotted or Phillips head...
Also did anybody get a small white USB in one of the slots on the main electronics board ?
My Jet pack guy goes all the way to wire ramp....
[quoted image]

Check the coin mechs on the coin door.

#986 1 year ago

Just got the invoice for my Premium. This is going to be a busy week or two. Sold my STTNG and used the proceeds to pick up a CCr SE that's coming this week also. When it rains...

#1010 1 year ago

Just got shipping notification on my Premium. I know the code is early but I'm really looking forward to having this one. First modern Gomez game for me.

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No sideblades for $20k?

Still waiting on the official non LE art blades. What gives? Licensing? LOL.

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Stern doesn't want the hassle of shipping directly unless bought directly. I have bought a lot of new Sterns and all went to distro first. I could be wrong but they may do it for a fee.....

Two of my three Stern's came directly from Stern. Both bought through a distro. The third came from the distro that had previously shipped direct from Stern. Who knows! Let's see what happens this go around.

#1134 1 year ago

My Premium arrived today. Packaging was perfect. No damage. Have it set up and playing as nicely as it can be with .80 code. Only issue I noticed is that the apron decal is shifted or smudged. Anybody else notice this on theirs? Dec. 22nd build date.

69472557925__6D0B48A9-4FB9-45DE-B701-B5DCBE65E14A (resized).jpeg69472557925__6D0B48A9-4FB9-45DE-B701-B5DCBE65E14A (resized).jpegIMG_0465 (resized).jpegIMG_0465 (resized).jpegIMG_0456 (resized).jpegIMG_0456 (resized).jpegIMG_0457 (resized).jpegIMG_0457 (resized).jpegIMG_0458 (resized).jpegIMG_0458 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0463 (resized).jpegIMG_0463 (resized).jpeg
#1189 1 year ago

I found an oddity on my Premium compared to earlier Pros. There is no mylar around the right inlane switch. If this was the solution to uppostgate then it works. My balls aren't hanging up after the post drops. However there's no protection from the ball drop which drops directly on top of the switch. I've seen routed games (not Bond, to new) splintering around the the switch. I'll install a Cliffy ASAP.

#1328 1 year ago

I have 50 plays in over the last few days. I have it dialed in pretty nice. Installed Cliffy's shooter lane and out hole protectors. I'm really enjoying this game. I love the shots and variety that the diverters create. Really digging the hold left flipper button down to open the top diverter on plunge al a AFM. Looks like it sets up a skill shot indicated by a purple arrow at the right scoop. Haven't made that shot yet. The ball rips around that upper orbit on plunge.

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Wanted an LE but this will do. Thanks Pinball Refinery for the side armor.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Are those art blades available anywhere?

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I haven't heard but everybody is being very nice about it all, so I'm not going to sweat it. Just a bump in the road.

Well hopefully the code will improve while they repair your game.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Any info on the shooter lane cliffy? I'm putting Mylar on for now. I have the power all the way down and still started to see some wear after just a few games.

I have the shooter lane Cliffy's on mine.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Let's hope that there will be major code updates in the next 11 weeks! It's still a good game to play right now but a lot is missing. You get the same one or two Q modes over and over again, etc. For the IC achievements, I'm counting more than half are missing and that doesn't include combos, loops, secret skill shots, extra wizard modes, etc.

11 weeks? LOL Sooner please!

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

My LE came with a angled plug was one of the first ones to ship. Maybe they ran out?

My Premium which arrived last Friday has the correct right angle plug FWIW.

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unboxing a premium today… the cord suspense is real!

Destined for Ocelot? Loving mine. What there is of it anyway!

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Waiting on someone to make a kit that fires the pop bumpers individually…..

Do you actually notice or is it the principle?

#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I do. It sounds different. It sounds like 2 pops going off at the same time. haha. Ball hasn't spent much time there so far for me....I thought it would be worse from some of the videos we have seen.

I get that. I like the sound and feel of pops going off. Two is double the fun (I think I'm joking). I understand the principle POV but after almost a week and 50+ games I'm struggling to notice any actual difference in how the ball behaves in the pops. Big points come out of those pops. I send it up there as much as possible to advance to the next pop award. Still trying to understand how that works. I guess random but that's a different subject.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

Just picked up my Bond Premium from Quality Billiards in Salt Lake City. Great Crew at this shop! Had a good time in STL. Now a quick 6 hour drive home. The addiction is real.
[quoted image]

That one must have been made for the UK. The plunger is on the opposite side! LOL

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Check your balls. Mine are getting chewed up fast, and I bet yours are too. Pretty sure this is the main culprit - henchman ramp entrance sits where you regularly brick into the metal edge. I thought maybe I put the wrong balls in when I noticed they were chewed up after 100 games or so, but it keeps happening. I've got some minor scratches on the playfield I *think* I can buff out from it....
[quoted image]

I noticed this immediately after a few games. First the sound that it was making when bricked into that corner from the lower left flipper. Second I noticed one of my balls had a massive ding in it. I cut a piece of black sticky velcro (the soft side) and stuck it to the edge of the metal ramp and the metal that's holding the rubber to bridge that gap. No more metal clunk from the brick shots and no more chewed balls. This won't last forever and will need to be replaced or replaced with a more permanent solution.

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

I temporarily jammed an extra bumper piece from the GNR center song lock I had, in between the black bumper and the ramp. Then bent the tip out a touch. It fits really snuggly and might seem to help a little bit. We will see.
[quoted image]

That's exactly the type of rubber piece I was rummaging around in my spares box for. First thing I found was the velcro. I'm sure someone will come up with an elegant long lasting solution. For now. Play on with confidence.

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How about this wear to entrance. Gouged stainless in a very short amount of time. 4 days.
If they don’t come up with a fix these balls are going to tear up the game.
[quoted image]

That's the corner that's tearing up the balls for sure. My velcro "fix" attaches to that edge and the black bumper holder. Not pretty close up but you don't see it at all while playing.

IMG_0546 (resized).jpegIMG_0546 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn't velcro gonna scrape up the balls too? Looks like sandpaper.

It's the soft side. This is keeping the ball from impacting that stainless steel corner.

#1989 1 year ago

A code update in time for the weekend sure would be nice...

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do you have a link to that trim on Amazon and How many pieces do you get with order?

https://www.amazon.com/SEALS-Rubber-1-6mm-Length-Meter/dp/B07NDTP5YR/ref=sr_1_13

#2237 1 year ago

Bring it on... Downloading now.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

See Image. [quoted image]

Rest easy bros. GG's got us.

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I found the perfect example of why I didn't watch the old Connery movies when I was younger. The Q slot machine scene with the worst actress in the world.
WTF? Hole E Shit, that is the worst scene of dialogue I've possibly watched in any movie.
"Listen Mr Q, I (fake stutter) I was wondering, have you heard any talk about me......"
Such cringe. How the hell did she get that job? That whole scene would be gone already if Pinball Browser worked with the .84 code.

It's the pointy boobs that make the scene. LOL

#2539 1 year ago

Just ordered the set of plastic protectors in clear. Thanks!

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I was trying to figure it out myself. I have heard people think it says "Bond is traitor" quite often too which doesn't even make sense.

Well maybe I'm old and deaf since I was in a band for 12 years when I was younger. I couldn't make it out until someone spelled it out. Now when I hear it, it's quite obvious.

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Did I miss something in the launch? Do they not have rights to Bond’s lines? I can’t think of one line of Connery’s actual voice in the game so far. Tell me I’m wrong. Please.

So far only the beginning of radioactive recon - the yellow Q mode.

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Gomez will be on pintech live on Thursday afternoon!

I'm sure someone will ask the about "rampgate". Will be interesting if he addresses it.

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

What time is the stream?

5:30 ET

"Thursday, February 2nd at 5:30pm Eastern, George Gomez joins us on PinTech LIVE to deep dive into the Premium and LE models of 007 James Bond Pinball."

#2602 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Interested in this. How do I go about streaming this?

marco (resized).pngmarco (resized).png
#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree on code and hope we hear something regarding accessories for pro/pre. I’ve been holding off on aftermarket side blades to see what stern makes, armor too.
This stuff all fuels sales, final pkg is important.

Agreed on sideblades. I have Stern art blades on all of my Stern games. Been waiting for some news on that front. I'm going to ask in the chat.

#2723 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Yeah… took him literally 5 seconds to announce that!

Totally. The first words out of his mouth basically.

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Making my way thru the Bond movies. Finishing up Goldfinger this morning. I can see this is the movie the series finally picked up as far as spy gadgets and "action".
Anyone know why nearly every character shoots their gun with it braced over their other wrist? Was that just a 60s thing with guns and grips/stances that has evolved over 50 years? Or was it just a cool looking way to handle a gun on screen?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iju8kKeFPscz7s3X7

Love all those tap handles.

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I work from home. New code drops in the middle of the day don’t bode well for my productivity!

Same, I've been turning my game on in the morning so that when the code drops it starts downloading. Listening for the pop from upstairs!

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pretty sure Pinball Life sells the PinMonk kit.

I installed two PinMonk fans this morning. Installing a third this afternoon. Bond is still too new for me. I'll wait a few more months for the "warranty" to expire.

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

My replacement/repaired James Bond LE was delivered on Thursday, Feb. 9. This time it arrived undamaged. Below are some of the key dates regarding this damage claim process.
Dec. 28, 2022
Game arrived damaged and delivery was refused.
My distributor, Will Russell, Old Town Pinball, was amazing to work with as I didn't have to do anything during this entire process. Will arranged for the damaged game to be shipped directly to Stern. I didn't have to pay anything during this entire process as Will filed a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority.
Jan. 3, 2023
My damaged James Bond 007 LE was delivered to Stern Pinball. Stern was closed the first 2 weeks in January for inventory so the game sat for a couple of weeks at Stern Pinball.
Feb. 1, 2023
Will texted me letting me know that Stern sent him a break down of the work to repair my damaged game and Will approved the repair. I am not sure what the repair all involved other than there was some damage to the bottom cabinet.
Feb. 7, 2023
Stern shipped the repaired/replacement game back to me.
Feb. 9, 2023
Fedex Freight Priority delivered the game to me and it arrived in perfect condition.
Feb. 10, 2023
I setup the game and had to rewire the lockdown bar button, but other than that it went perfectly. The game now looks and plays flawlessly. I have attached a some photos to this posting showing my James Bond 007 LE.
I just wanted to say how glad I am that I purchased this NIB game from Will Russell (Old Town Pinball) since he took care of everything once I refused delivery of the damaged game. If I had purchased this NIB game from another private party I would have had to file a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority and I would have been out of pocket fighting for reimbursement.
Thank you Will for your help in making me whole again in this transaction.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. Glad they took care of you so quickly. I'd like to see more of that CFTBL.

#3194 1 year ago

My skill shot strategy so far has been to always get the MI6 skill shot then the pops to start building those up. Then after ball lock or ball save I'll hold the left flipper and go for the "eyes only" skill shot. Seems to be a pretty makable shot. I have been having good luck with it so far. You get one chance at that per ball it seems.

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super Skill shot is available after a ballsave?!

I think so. Let me verify...

#3199 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It should be (like Godzilla) but it’s not.

Quoted from SimplePin:

I think so. Let me verify...

Yes it is. Just played a quick test game. Did it on three balls. Initial plunge into the pops for that skill shot. Then let ball drain. On ball save left flipper for the super set up.

#3201 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not sure if this is a "thing to fix" myself or if it will get fixed with code updates but I have a Premium and whenever I start the Jetpack Multiball, the Bond on a Wand picks up the ball and hovers over the upper lane (that feeds into the ball locks). It does NOT hover over the dragon tank, so whenever I hit that area, the MB stats but the ball is not falling on top of the tank. Is that supposed to be happening from now or will that be coded in later?

That is the current implementation. More is coming as stated a few times by GG and crew.

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

One thing that I wish they would change for the Prem/LE is the auto-plunge after locking a ball in Bird 1. To keep it similar to the pro, the controlled gate should open to allow the auto-plunge to traverse the full orbit to feed the upper flipper (obviously, the pro feeds the upper flipper after a virtual ball lock). I can hardly stand it that the ball is trapped in the pops after locking a ball.
It does seem a bit backwards that the Prem/LE games should be more like the pro (ball lock issue, individual firing pops). Yikes.

I with they would remove the auto plunge on locks. GZ doesn't auto plunge on ball lock. Gives you a nice catch your breath or sip a beer moment before continuing.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Had an air ball from the rocket land up in the lock. It spit it right out. Couldn't give me free sneaky lock? Sheesh....

That happened to me once too. Given the code I wasn't sure what it would do. Nice to see that it's handled.

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We really need sling sound effects , drop target, and when you loop behind missile, really lacking in these areas

The drop targets have that sizzle sound. LOL

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I swapped over the shaker motor from Avengers into Bond the other day. The subtle rumbles work well so far in this early code and worth checking out if you already have a shaker to test with.

I put a shaker in my Bond Premium the other day. I guess that means I'm keeping it. It's great. Just wanting more with the software.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

The multiplier feature alone should blow scores up.

I know this isn't implemented yet with the action button but has anyone noticed if we are getting double scoring etc when we hear the callouts? I was up to 3X earlier today but didn't correlate that to the score or a difference in score to previous games.

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm being somewhat successful

Unlike Count Lippe.

#3807 1 year ago

I love it and hate it. I hate it because most of games are somewhere around 5 million points. But then I have some really good games where I start making combos and making all the shots. It's a great shooter but I think you have to approach it as the game that is is. It does have some unique and different shots. Once you zone in on the shots the game starts to gel. I had two or three games today well over 100 million. I was focusing on the rocket and spectre targets. Lots of points to be qualified and scored by the rocket. That's the main part of the game. If you don't like the rocket then I don't know what to say. My GC is 347 million. Lots of potential.

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hoping we get some code today!

Yeah, I'm gonna turn on my machine now just i case...

#3872 1 year ago

Not another pitchfork post. So I noticed a technician alert for switch 55 which is rocket opto 1. So I pull the glass and go into switch test. As I move the rocket around switch 55 never triggers. Switch 56 rocket opto 2 does. If I physically block the switch 55 optos then I can get switch 55 to trigger. No matter where the rocket is positioned into never triggers switch 55. Curious what other people are seeing. When I play the game hits to the rocket register but I guess I'm only getting credit for half the hits?

Moving the rocket backwards will trigger switch 56. Moving the rocket forward should trigger 55.

#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjust the opto so the rocket can reach it. Probably mis-installed.

There is no adjustment to be made and the holes that the optos shine through are tiny. Take a look.

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll have a look at mine today.

Was gonna open a ticket with Stern just to see what they say. I guess I could attach something to the front side of the rocket that will interrupt the opto. That may be the simplest solution while also being hidden from view.. What's unknown is how this affects scoring if left unfixed.

#3981 1 year ago

Just had a really fun game. Not a super high score but fun. Lot's of great flowing combos and shots. Highlight was one of those fabled PinMonk shots around the spectre targets. I was already in "swimming with sharks" so none of the targets where hits. Man the ball entered to the left of the standups which were down and zipped around like a super tight mini orbit and down to the flipper. Super fast and was a certainly one of those shots that make you fall in love with a game. If I wasn't already in a spectre mode I'm sure it would have lit up all of the letters. Ok it's a keeper now! Bring on more code.

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Really? I was hoping tomorrow

I've been leaving my game on all day in anticipation of the supposed imminent code drop...

#4146 1 year ago

Reloaded and saw 18 new posts in under 30 minutes. Thought the code dropped. Sigh.

#4166 1 year ago

That's unbelievable.

#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

First time owner here, wondering if this is something i should even be thinking about if mine is HUO? probably me just being new but i haven't heard of anyone replacing these before. Do you swap in ones like on pinball life? Product ID: 515-6308-01 Flipper Coil Stop For Stern/Sega

Don't bother swapping until you need to. If it aint broke don't fix it.

#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I think timing is more of an issue right now. Their new cornerstone landing with a thud and heavy code complaints, slow updating, all while Stern is already putting out a new cornerstone getting tons of attention, folks trying to dump the machine now. Huge influx of competition is forcing trades
Don't expect miracle but Gomez said they were gonna speed up updates and now we've seen the opposite.
Maybe they will surprise us and next update will be a big one.

One can only hope. I really like the geometry of this game. Love the shots and I think it has such potential. Bring on the updates already.

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Hit the right scoop (underneath the Aston Martin). The Q should be lit up. There are only 2 out of 6 in there now but hopefully some more will be added in this week's code update.

Now that's the attitude! Bring it on.

#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the Bond game is currently in "make your own fun" mode. Just like Batman'66, we would make challenges outside of the code because there was nothing much there for almost a year. For me the joy of Bond was practicing that SPECTRE target sweep (which is SO satisfying, lighting them all up with one shot) and comboing the orbits and ramps, which are fun because those ramp shots are fast.

Forever known as the fabled PinMonk shot. It's a thing of joy. It's up there with a hole in one on NGG.

#4592 1 year ago

Wow. 61 pitchfork posts since I stopped reading last night. Amazing.

#4606 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I don't anticipate a code release until next Friday, TPF day one.

My thoughts as well. Wait until the absolute last minute.

#4724 1 year ago

Patience in pinball

#4851 1 year ago

TPF is this weekend. I mean there's gotta be a code release right? If not it's a pretty big fail on someones part.

#4867 1 year ago

Someone posted that the update was done but waiting on approval. My guess is that the licensor knows or cares zero about TPF and isn't looking at TPF as a deadline for approval. Sucks but probably the reality.

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Upgrade your factory Dragon Tank from Dr. No / James Bond 007 with a premium interactive fire breathing DRAGON complete with Spot Lights and Flame Throwers!!
AVAILABLE FOR Pro/Prem/LE models!!!
The DRAGON Lives HERE!

Custom interactive lighting includes:
Dragons Spot lights - 2 warm white 2.5-3v LEDs with 470Ω Resistor. Driven by Standard GI Lighting
Fire Breathing Mouth - 10 2.5-3v flickering LEDs with 100Ω resistor. Driven by existing GI light source.
Flame Throwers - 2 SMD 2835s with 100Ω resistor and fiber optics through the flame throwers. Driven by existing flasher and interactive with switch activation.
These are hand crafted one at a time and each is unique. Turn around time in production is 2-4 weeks. Due to how much work goes into each I am opening these up for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Hope you enjoy! I love doing projects like this that add to the look and feel of my games!
CRCades SHOP https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. Great marketing. I'm not a mod guy but this is great.

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I hope you are doing a Pulp Fiction topper so I don’t need an LE

I'll take one too. Will look good on my SE when it arrives in two years Seriously though. I have CCr SE. I ordered it and it came two weeks later (it only took that long because I ordered it on Dec 23rd and it arrived on Jan 8th. I feel bad for the LE guys that have been waiting almost two years. Hopefully PF is a different story.

Oh and I'll say "pitchfork" to stay on thread.

1 week later
#5660 1 year ago

I'll hop on the bandwagon and agree.

#5661 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Quoted from SimplePin:

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How about this one.

As Sulu would say. "Oh my"

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

On a side note, since I lowered the flipper power on the left and right lower flippers from 255 to 230 I have not had one bricked drop target shot in over 100 games which includes several hundred drop target hits and I am still able to hit all of the other shots in the game.
Gord

This!

I just did this to my game. What a difference all around. Everyone should try this. Secondly I also lowered my upper flipper down about 5 points and I'm having more success making the henchman and bond women shots along with less missed bond women shots due to speed or whatever causes those made shots not to count.

#5919 1 year ago

Just played several more games at flipper 230. Should be factory default for this game. More enjoyable overall. Wondering what others think.

#6049 1 year ago

Anyone else notice the crazy lightshow during Jet Pack Multiball? Just had Jet Back and Goldfinger stacked. Was hitting jackpots and goldfinger shots. Every light on the playfield was pulsing. Amazing. Why am I just noticing this today?

#6054 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I literally just noticed this about an hour ago. GF with JetPack lightshiw was awesome! Funny you posted this as I was wowed by it as well!
Does anyone else have a hard time shooting the ball into the Thunderball ‘trough?’
I have lowered flipper power way down and even added some additional foam padded tape there…still rockets out of there?

I think it must be stack specific from the new code. I've done both of those modes countless times and haven't noticed this before. Way cool!

#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, right ramp, I got my directions mixed up. I'll hit the right ramp over and over and over again and nothing activates

Sounds like a switch test is in order.

#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is this a codung glitch?
2 Bird 1 balls locked.
Left flipper held for skill shot.
When ball comes around to upper flipper, Bird 1 multiball starts

Yes. This is a glitch.

#6209 1 year ago

I have wrestled with the Pro vs Prem decision in the past. I almost convinced myself to go Pro when I got my JP. Then see a Pro on location and I'm reminded of the plastic apron. That kills it for me. Yes I know you can swap bla bla bla. But come on. That plastic apron kills me! All Prem all the way! Especially on Bond.

#6230 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Does it drive anyone else crazy that the rocket/lock shot only requires the gate to be hit during multiball or when it is lit? Yet to lock a ball, you have to go all the way around…
Talking about a pro.

Same with the premium. Two different switches. But I hear you.

#6355 1 year ago

A new release would be nice. I am still playing more Bond right now than anything else in my collection. Just draws me back and it's only going to get better.

#6427 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How can I reload or reinstall the code to see if slot machine lady comes back
I hardly get radioactive also

I hate to say this but "play better" LOL. I usually can get to Bond, James Bond mode and then keep playing and only rarely do I ever get radioactive. I also haven't seen Q's Ring since the update. Average games when I can get to Bond, James Bond are around 200+ million. I'm sure this will all get balanced in the upcoming releases.

#6455 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

So I've successfully gotten to level 3 of the Jetpack multiball. Level 2 on the prem/le has you moving the bond on a wand with the flippers to have him hover over the tank, then you have to hit the tank to have the ball drop on the target. Fun, but not easy.
Anyone else want to comment on their experiences with this? On my first game I got into Jetpack MB early ball 1, I managed to get to the load phase of stage 3 prior to draining, but while getting there I accumulated over 200 M points. Pretty fun.

I've gotten to level 2 several times. I almost always end up with a ball in scuba scoop while trying to line up Bond over tank. Of course the scoop ejects straight to the tank 90% of time on my game so that ends that mode. What is the intent of level 3?

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack Danger is streaming Bond tomorrow..... Probably means new code!

One can only hope.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Powder blue trim looks pretty sweet!
[quoted image]

Why does it sit so low? Are the dimensions of the backbox and cabinet standard Stern size? Are the legs shorter? I know it's a "retro" game but I can't figure it out. Pulp Fiction also a "retro" game lines height wise with other modern Sterns and B/W's

#6660 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

That’s not how little Nellie works. You shoot the drops to light the right ramp or increase the value of the right ramp if it’s already lit.
No wonder you didn’t like the mode.

You get no points from hitting the drops. They only increase the jackpot. Once you make the shot you score the jackpot and then the next shot lights. Rinse. Repeat.

Once qualified at the rocket the Q will turn green indicating the Little Nellie mode. If you qualify other Q modes then it will cycle to the other modes. Not sure how to cycle once you have multiple qualified.

#6755 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The way most of you guys have games set up you should get it pretty much every game.

Zing!

#6756 12 months ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Call me crazy but I sold my Godzilla recently and kept Bond. The shots to me have a solid “tight” feel and that jet pack shot feels nice. I loved Godzilla and I have a soft spot for the Bond theme in general but after playing Godzilla I prefer the shots on Bond. The code will get there but as it stands it’s heading in the right direction.

You read posts in other threads about how bad Bond is and how no one is buying it and oh gosh why are they making more Bond when they can make more GZ? Calling it James Bomb etc etc. Yet more and more I see posts like this one. Personally I love mine. I play it more than all my other games. I've had it since the first week of January and I'm beyond the honeymoon phase. That says a lot if you look at my collection.

#6764 12 months ago
Quoted from JWE:

I ended up putting the gate bracket under the plastic and it lined up perfectly. No issues at all.

Same. Along with the tiniest of bends.

#6783 12 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Found the 8th skill shot, Commander Bond, by shooting the left orbit spinner shot. Doesn’t list it on tilt forums but it’s coded into the game.

Yep. It's worth 5 million if it's your first skill shot of the game.

#6813 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The weather strip was what I did. Took some trial and error for sure. I would argue it is easer to move one piece of weather stripping than adding or removing layers of tape/heat shrink to get things right though. To each their own. I am still waiting to hear if there is any "official" adjustment that could be done.
You mentioned your issue was with a rocket mod, my problem was with the stock rocket.

I had the issue with the rocket as well. Only one of the two opto switches was registering. Physically moving the rocket around the ring would only break the plane of one of the switches. As others have said there is no switch adjustments to be made. I opened a ticket with Stern. They said to loosen the bolt securing the rocket. That did the trick but at first it was too loose as the rocket rotated and the graphic was in the back. Snugged it up a tad and now it works as expected. The tape, shrink, weather stripping are all good solutions if the bolt doesn't solve it. That what I was going to do next and I may still do. Need to take a follow up look and test some more. I have to avoid the rocket to not get Little Nellie every game first.

#6850 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.
ELEVEN?!?!
Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

There must be something wrong with my rocket switches beyond what I've already discussed. I have to avoid the rocket to not immediately quality little nellie. I'll can start that mode on the ball 1 every game if I choose. I tested the opto switches for the rocket. Both work as they should. My rocket wobbles quite a bit on every hit. Every hit to rockets registers multiple switch hits as it flops around. In switch test if I hit the rocket and rocket flops back and forth each flop is a switch register, ding ding ding ding ding. This is happening in game as well and I quickly qualify little nellie. What gives compared to others?

#6856 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sounds like it is too loose. Tighten the bolt a smidge more?

The single bolt on the bottom that secures the rocket to the rubber pivot thing? Not sure there's any more tightening to be done. I feel like it's too floppy.

#6871 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Just going from what you said before:

Which to me could indicate that it is still too loose, which is why it is so floppy. Just throwing some ideas out there, I don't know what else would affect the "flop".

Opened her up again and verified that there is no adjustment to make the rocket stiffer. I did loosen the optos behind the rocket and was able to slide them the tiniest distance further back. After playing a test game I can say the rocket flops just as much but doesn't register as many switch hits. So I guess I'm happy.

#7049 11 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Hey everyone, new owner of a Bond Premium here
Every time I get the first jetpack multiball (haven't gotten the second one) Bond floats far left of the top tank target. He stutters back and forth a little bit but not enough to ever spend any time over the top of the tank target. I have looked at the settings and cannot find an adjustment for this. Is this by design?

Yes. This is how the first jetpack multiball works.

#7103 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Powedercoated. Mods installed. Still waiting on shooter rod (went with the poker chip shooter rod from Tilt) and the Wizard Mod sideblades.
I also added (I do this on all of my Spike 2 pins) a good pair of car audio speakers in the backbox. (JLAudio in this case) I use the Pinsound Spike 2 adapter and connect the backbox speakers to a 2x300W amp and run the subwoofer out to an external Klipsch 12" 400W sub.
Fantastic sound can be had from a Spike 2 pin.
[quoted image]

Amazing colors. Are all of your pins like this? More pics please. Like a pack of Crayola markers!

#7151 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

That's awesome. You gotta love Frank Co-Stanza ("by Mennen").
But here we are at 4:51 EST and no code yet. Doesn't Stern know its code day?

I've seen it drop after 6 EST. There's still a chance?

#7160 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've seen it drop after 6 EST. There's still a chance?

Whoop there it is!

#7345 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Be honest, how many have you moved the out lane posts?

Still playing factory settings all around. I've been tempted. I've never done it before so why start now.

#7571 11 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Still never seen the rocket one, but my rocket doesn't register half the time. Need to take it apart and add some girth at the base I guess. Sigh.

I added girth to mine to silence the operator alert I was getting. The optos behind the love missile were registering but not the optos in front. I forget what the switch numbers are. I added a few layers of electrical tape to the front half of the rocket from the seam to seam. I think three was enough to trigger both optos regularly on rocket hits. I end up qualifying the Q modes organically by going for the other shots. Locks, jet pack, villain, henchmen etc. By the time I actually want to start a Q mode I usually have 2 or three qualified. Then as George says, we have a lot of control with those pops...

#7659 11 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

The game is shaping up nice. I find myself playing Bond more than my new EHOH.

I hear you. I play Bond way more than anything else in my collection right now. Guess Bond isn't the Bomb so many people say it is.

#7717 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckie007:

I have ordered 3 new coil stops from Pinball Life ($5 each) to replace the ones supplied by Stern.

Keep the two extras on standby. You only need to replace them if they have become loose, nub disconnected and rattling on the plate.

Cheers

#7788 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

It comes out at 6 est but my guess is that it will come out tomorrow since they had memorial day off. Just a hunch.

Never smart to release software on a Friday. If not today I suspect not this week.

#7813 10 months ago

ah yeah

#7828 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

That’s a first for me
[quoted image]

That's happened once for me as well. Was a very opportune time as I had to use the restroom and needed another beer.

#7871 10 months ago

Had a decent game this evening. Completed the four modes and played JB Multiball. Played Q's ring for the first time in two updates! No dialog. Ok Bring it back please. Had attache case activated but drained before I could start the next Q mode which would have been the last. Oh well. Keeps me coming back for more. Score was low. New #1 353 million. My GC is slightly higher at 357 million.

#7888 10 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Someone fill us working folk in.

Installing now. Just finished downloading, unzipping and copied to USB stick. Will update shortly...

#7900 10 months ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Any more video or music assets?

Diamonds are Forever song when you activate 2x multiplier. Nice to hear new sounds.

#7918 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Orchestral version of Diamonds are Forever?

The version with lyrics and the lady singing.

#7930 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I gotta say that is the biggest list of code updates that I have seen in a .01 increment on any game. If there are 8 more like that one just to get to 1.0. I still want to see the "added 100 Connery sound bytes" and "Bond girl videos". That's when we know the Bond lawyers have finally given the thumbs up.
Anyway this rules update is big enough that I might stop holding off and start playing the game a little more!

Stop waiting and enjoy it! It's worth your time now.

#8180 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

sweeping all the SPECTRE targets

Otherwise known as the Pinmonk shot. You know you've made it by the sound it makes.

#8181 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember when people were affixing foam rubber all over their Bonds to halt “metal deformity?”
Did that go away?

Guilty. I had one of the first premiums delivered. That being one of the first home games delivered Monday after NYE after the first run of Premiums between Christmas and New Years. The shot that I called out. That big lip sticking out of the Henchman ramp (much less present on a Premium I delivered to a customer three weeks later by the way) isn't really an issue if aim your shots. Is it a problem for me? No. Is it a problem for other owners? Depends on who built the game and if they took the time to make sure things were lined up properly...

Moving on...

#8269 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Want to say thanks to the 007 Bond community here in this thread. I picked up my Pro last week and then began to read through this entire thread from page one and I'm currently on pg 96. I've gained a ton of knowledge and have my Pro dialed in and playing fantastic!!! Some of the things I have learned and benefited from this owners thread as I continue to get through the entire thing:
- Adjusted my Rocket ring and the balls don't get stuck behind the drop targets anymore.
- Adjusted my drop target spring tension and I have eliminated 95% of my bricks.
- Adjusted my shooter lane brackets/runners under the DB5 and it doesn't catch on manual or auto-plunge anymore.
- Dialed in my DB5 VUK and it ejects perfectly.
- Dialed in the scuba VUK power and it lands in the pops 95% of the time, eliminating a lot of the SDTM's the were happening before.
- I bought a cheap inclinometer on Amazon (my phone app was apparently not very accurate) and set my pitch at 7.0. This is the adjustment that resulted in the biggest change that I have seen on the machine. It indeed plays much smoother, faster (duh!) and the amount of times the balls goes into the scuba scoop unintentionally is much, much lower. Setting it at this pitch transformed the machine from a sort of flowy, but also sort of half clunky player to the flow monster that people have described here.
- Set my upper flipper to 180 power and it indeed helps get that pesky henchman ramp.
- I was mildly amused and pleased to discover that I had the infamous straight power cord. I'm part of the secret club!
Thanks all! I'm loving this machine!

Welcome to the club. It's a fantastic game in Pro or Premium. Even six months later it's still getting more plays than anything else in my collection.

#8352 10 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Need help.
Blowing up James Bond on ball one and then the gate switch by the rocket decided to fall off. Two screws, no problem. I cannot find them anywhere.
So I tried to find some replacements in my big collection of bolts and screws. No luck.
Anyone tell me what size screws fit here?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Did you look on the cabinet speaker? A lot of times small screws like that can end up on the magnet. Just a thought.

#8399 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The 7X scoring is pretty awesome. Risk / reward. I lined it up perfectly to go with bond James Bond.
In a tournament I probably would have just started BJB and cashed in the 5X scoring I had ready.
No EBs as usual and steep, tight tilt.
Game’s really fun as is. I’m fine with no code updates for a while.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's crazy Levi!

#8405 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Starting or completing any of those objectives?
If it’s completing them I’ll have to take the glass off to see this mode.

Same! All six? Forget about it. How about six of any of them total, then maybe.

#8406 10 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Same! All six? Forget about it. How about six of any of them total, then maybe.

It will end up like Godzilla and JP3 in my collection. Love them. Play them daily. Never see a wizard mode. At least I can get JBMB once in a while.

#8410 10 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Guess we’ll all have to live vicariously through CrazyLevi to hear about that wizard mode lol.

Now that's just crazy.

#8421 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What is to confirm?
- Now "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Wizard mode is available at the right ramp upon completing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.

It's not going to make it any easier for me. 835 plays on my premium since the first week of January. Play it daily, multiple times, obviously. Not once have I ever completed 6 of any of those categories. The closest would be Q modes. But crap. Haven't seen Q's ring in however many updates since they nerfed it.

#8462 10 months ago

I don't like to complain about a game before code is final but the Q Modes need a pass option. They just kill the game. Most shots are deactivated except shots related to Q. I dread Q mode and I avoid it as much as possible. I think a pass option would be ok. They are still qualified and they still rotate with the pops. Would be nice to choose when to complete so that I don't derailed from the main modes I was working on. I've almost powered off the game and walked away a few times when my ball goes into the DB5 scoop. Ugh.

#8497 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

I don’t have the same frustration that has been expressed here but they do run long and are difficult. I think if they were able to be completed quicker it would help but they kind of lock led themselves in on the 5 shots. Maybe a valid shot from each flipper and the timer worked in a way where it was a count time timer that extends with each shot made. This way if you start off bad (which is the most frustrating part because it’s very difficult to catch up) then it just ends and you move on.
If they made it so that completing a Q mode gave you an action button “light any lit shot” for other modes I think that would address the accusations of it being a dead end, as it would serve a purpose and makes sense as a reward for Q gadgets.

Yeah, something like this. Some of them are like chopping wood as others have said. Radioactive R. Is good. As soon as you hit the shot it ends. That's a good implementation. Six shots into the scuba scoop is just brutal for Power Pack.

#8502 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

After about six games under the new code my thoughts were "What the F*&# did you do to my machine?" I couldn't hit any shots and it was like all the power settings had changed. Balls were bouncing around not hitting any targets, going SDTM or in the outlanes time after time. In fact, one of the games I played I hadn't even broke 1 million after two balls. Try to match that feat!
Of course, next game I got to 1.7B got all the gadgets and villains and about half the henchmen and played Ahoy Mr. Bond.
BTW: Once you've gone through the gadgets and villains the game gets pretty monotonous in the fact there's nothing you can do but go after the henchmen. Q gadgets and villain ramp are just pass throughs.

Same. Only made the jetpack loop once since new code. Used to be automatic. Haven't checked the power settings but it seems odd for sure.

1 week later
#8729 9 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yes, Mike V said they were going to balance out the scoring later on. I'm sure they'll take a look at a situation where you can get 38B points in one shot. That's pretty crazy.

Nah it's ok. It's not a super jackpot. It must be like they say in Flintstones. A super duper jackepot! LOL

#8823 9 months ago

New code just dropped. .94

#8824 9 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would pass on the deal I got. I recently sold an IMDN premium with 500 plays for $7500 as that is the deal I got so I passed it along when I sold it to another friend.

You are one of the good guys. Thank you.

#8828 9 months ago
Quoted from MJW:

Good move. Looks like all the parts are out of stock.

More likely not in stock yet. Toppers I would suspect are spoken for.

1 week later
#9144 9 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude, you have extra balls enabled? Pffft

Poking the bear! LOL

1 week later
#9375 9 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You guys with a switch not registering, all you need to do is bend the switch so it sticks up a little more, just a little bend is all that is needed. It worked on mando and rush for me and I just did it on my bond pro. To make the adjustment, remove the switch from underneath and bend the wire into a narrower U shape by squeezing it, just a slight adjustment. This is how adjustments have been made on pretty much every game that’s ever been made.

Was having this issue myself and was (in) patiently waiting for Stern to address. Squeezed the U a bit. 100% so far. Not sure why I waited. I bend switch wires all the time with my B/W's as well as my customers games when needed.

#9400 9 months ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Not sure for how long, but Marco Specialties has toppers in stock as of this morning. I'm going to pick mine up on the way home from work this afternoon. It's nice living 20 mins from Marcos
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=JAMES+BOND+TOPPER

As of now. Two hours after this quoted post, Marcos still has them in stock.

Man I'm so jealous you live nearby! Damn.

#9413 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I had one in my cart to see if I got an endorphin rush. It seems kinda cool but in the end I just can't see spending 1000 bucks on this thing.
I'm not a topper guy!
But for those of you who are, they are just sittin' there waiting for your money.

Same. Pass. Not a topper guy either. I did order a Stern JP3 topper 18 months ago and it just showed up. Thankfully they honored the old price of $599. Still that's a lot. $759 now. JP3 is my only game with a topper and I don't have plans on buying any other.

#9542 8 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Making some progress. Will let you all know how testing goes. Thx sirlonzelot for the green light to pursue this!
A bit of engineering involved to allow it to use the existing hardware and not affect the ball gate vertical alignment but I think that’s solved for.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sign me up! This coupled with my slightly squeezed "U" should do it!

#9796 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, the red grant orbit. I'm going to put a small piece of velcro or something on that guide and play around with it. I'm tired of tilting to save the ball

This is what I did within two weeks of getting the game. I stuck a 1/4" piece of sticky velcro (the soft side) to the ball guide near the end. Can't see it while playing. Always saves the slow roll out of right orbit.

#9797 8 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I've been tempted to put a clear furniture dot on the right inside of that Grant orbit, kinda like the GZ crowd does for the building STDMs, but I feel like it's a little bit like cheating because if I ever play a bond on location, I'd just have to deal with it and tilt it like I do now.

Furniture dot may nudge the ball too much. Even a few layers of electrical tape will solve this. Doesn't take much.

#9799 8 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This is what I did within two weeks of getting the game. I stuck a 1/4" piece of sticky velcro (the soft side) to the ball guide near the end. Can't see it while playing. Always saves the slow roll out of right orbit.

I also did the velcro "fix" for two customer games that exhibited the same behavior. The customers both called out the STDFM out during initial plays after set up.

#9870 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

For me, super lucky would have been a Craig movie themed Bond instead of Connery. I like Bond movies and the theme generally but Connery is my dad's Bond.

Well I'd wager that when you are your dad's age someone will make a Daniel Craig Bond pinball machine.

#9920 8 months ago

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

#9989 8 months ago

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2023 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* JAMES BOND - PREMIUM / LE *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Update instructions - Games connected to Stern Insider Connected:
1 - Open the coin door and press the black/enter button to enter Test Mode.
2 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate to the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
3 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate down to the Software Update menu.
4 - If a software update is available, this page will give you the option to
download and install it manually. From this menu you can also select to install these
updates automatically.

Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a FAT32 formatted
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

LE/PRE V0.95.0 - August 10, 2023
=====================

- Now "Goldfinger's Jackpot" Wizard Mode is available at the right ramp upon playing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.
- Added "Goldfinger's Jackpot" as a timed single ball Wizard Mode. 9 arrow shots are lit in the color
of wires from a bomb (3 Red, 3 Green, 3 Blue). Shooting a lit arrow shot gives a Jackpot award and
changes the arrow color to GOLD. Making same colored arrow shots in sequence scores bigger Jackpot
awards. For instance, a player is awarded 5M for collecting/shooting the 1st Blue arrow shot. If
the next Jackpot is scored from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 25M. And, if the next Jackpot
scored is also from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 50M. Once the sequence is broken Jackpot
awards start over a 5M. Each Jackpot award also builds the Super Jackpot value as does all switches.
The Red/Green/Blue arrow shots are visible at the start of the mode but soon turn white to hide the
the color of the wire/shot. This requires the player to remember the colors for each shot. Making
a lit shot momentarily exposes all of the available colored wire shots. Shooting the Goldfinger
target will also momentarily expose all of the available colored wire Shots. Once all 9 shots are made
the timer is reset to 14 seconds. Before time runs out shoot the right ramp for a Double Jackpot
followed by a shot to the Rocket for a Super Jackpot. Collecting a Super Jackpot ends the mode.
The ball is cycled back into the trough during the Super Jackpot Award presentation and 1 new ball
is kicked into the shooter lane to allow play to continue.
- Changed the default difficulty setting for starting a Henchmen mode via the side ramp. Default = Easy.
- Added a "Bond Women Multiplier Increase Difficulty After Each Use" adjustment.
Default = NO. Now the default setting keeps the Bond Women Multipliers from progressively
being more difficult to light after each use.
- Modified the topper award blink rate for Feeding Frenzy.
- Fixed missing topper awards from Orient Express.
- Modified the blink rate of topper awards for Chaos at Crab Key, Radio Reconnaissance, Under Water
Power Pack, Aston Martin, Attache Case, Little Nellie, Q's Ring, Feeding Frenzy, and Orient Express.
- Added Super Rocket and Super Pops topper effects.
- Modified the blink rate of SPECTRE Weapon topper award effects.
- Modified Q Branch topper start effects.
- Enhanced Bird 1 MB and Jetpack Multiball topper award effects.
- Fixed blink rate on Wizard Mode topper award effects.
- Fixed a topper issue with double scoring stacking with modes when modes timed out.
- Fixed Rocket topper light shows.
- Fixed Jetpack Multiball start and total topper effects that were not ending properly.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Bird 1 Multiball.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Jetpack Multiball.
- Added combined mode/login menu.
- Game Mode Menu integrated with Login Screens (Insider Connected)
- Change the Left Orbit lamp effect.
- Changed the start and background topper effects for Wizard Modes.
- Added a new "Chaos at Crab Key" Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Modified all Q Branch Multiball background topper effects.
- Changed the fonts used in the Bird 1 Multiball Extended ready/awarded display effects.
- Modified the "007 Scoring" topper effect to co-exist with stacked modes/multiballs.
- Added texture to the award bar seen in the "Chaos at Crab Key", "Ahoy Mr. Bond", and
"Goldfinger's Jackpot" award display effects.
- Added a new "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Wizard Mode Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Fixed a SPECTRE target award bug so only newly hit targets animate on the display.
- Now the SPECTRE target completion animation works correctly during the SPECTRE Weapon Ready display effect.
- Changed the SPECTRE target completion display effect to draw the "flare effect" in front of all letters.
- Now Q Branch and SPECTRE Weapon modes are disallowed from starting until Wizard Mode grace period timers
have expired.
- Changed the SPECTRE Targets Completed animation and shortened the display time to 2.5 seconds.
- Moved the Bird 1 Jackpot text into the player/name zone during the "Multiball Extended" display effect.
- Changed the "Spinner Hit" display elements render order.
- Now all Bond Women Multiplier Lit display elements have the same render order priority.
- Moved the top lane MI6 spell-out to the player/name zone when a Hurry-Up is running in the score zone.
- Added logic to Q Branch timed modes to pause the timer due to ball inactivity.
- Added a new "007 Scoring" topper background effect.
- Now the Bird 1 Multiball Super Jackpot value updates correctly during a SPECTRE Spell-out session.
- Added SPECTRE Spell-out to SPECTRE Weapons Lit/Ready display effects to show the spell-out completed animation
and jackpot value.
- Fixed a problem where timers were being paused after making an award shot during the
"Professor Dent" Henchmen mode.
- Fixed a bug in "Ahoy Mr. Bond" where, upon completing the mode, the incorrect mode total score
was being displayed.
- Added Super Jackpot text to Bird 1 Multiball background and award display effects.
- Fixed a bug that occurred at end of the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Super Jackpot Sequence where the bottom
lane up-post held the ball and didn't flash/warn the player that the post was being lowered.
- Added logic allowing the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Completed Total display effect to be aborted via flipper
"blow off".
- Added a progress bar to Power Pack Multiball.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.10.0
- Conagent v1.0.12
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#10198 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Mike V:
You will get "something" for lighting a movie insert.
U-turn code coming.
4th mini wizard coming next.
There will be incentives to finish the modes.
You will eventually be able to make more skill shots after locking a ball.
Something else to do with the action button coming in the near future.

That was worth watching. Good stuff still on the roadmap!

#10201 8 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Whats U-turn code?

When you miss the henchman shot with the upper flipper and it ends up going down the vilian ramp.

#10202 8 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

It just keeps getting better. I love when he mentioned it is one that is going in his personal collection.

Wouldn't you think that if you are a pinball designer then you'd have one of every game you worked on? I would anyway. LOL

#10268 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Bond showed up today…did a dry run starting to add the mods! That topper is pretty awesome from what I’ve seen so far glad i bit the bullet…pretty steep price tag but looks awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's never a bad thing to shamelessly plug the rest of your games while showing pics of the thread specific game. Bring on the game room pics. I've been known to post a few extra "angles" from time to time.

#10287 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Would love to see em!! Lol I had to re jig the whole game room and was trying to get three sterns together…but that didn't work out…Love game room pics…my brother just texted me and said that Bond has to go with the other Sterns…I guess when JJP releases Harry Potter, Bond can go beside the TWD

Ask and you shall receive.

IMG_1799 (resized).jpegIMG_1799 (resized).jpegIMG_1800 (resized).jpegIMG_1800 (resized).jpegIMG_1801 (resized).jpegIMG_1801 (resized).jpegIMG_1802 (resized).jpegIMG_1802 (resized).jpegIMG_1804 (resized).jpegIMG_1804 (resized).jpegIMG_1805 (resized).jpegIMG_1805 (resized).jpegIMG_1806 (resized).jpegIMG_1806 (resized).jpegIMG_1807 (resized).jpegIMG_1807 (resized).jpegIMG_1808 (resized).jpegIMG_1808 (resized).jpeg
#10290 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Amazing thanks for sharing!

And I am a fan of lining up Sterns with Sterns and B/W's with B/W's. I like the lines. Must be OCD or something.

#10292 8 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

MKV and team talking live about Bond new code and QA:

[quoted image]

A lot of good scoring tips in that video. Worth watching.

#10296 8 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

At the end of the Marco video, Mike was playing one of the modes and just needed to hit the Bond Girl loop. He nailed it and the machine didn’t give him credit for it. He said he was cheated. He missed completing the mode and the 2 ball multi ball. Now he feels our pain…… and obviously he doesn’t have the Bond Girl Loop Fix that The Electric Playground (TEP) is selling on here.

Maybe Stern will acknowledge the issue now...

#10300 8 months ago
Quoted from RaidenGorby:

After a few months owning the premium I've put together a list of mods that I'll be designing to make it more enjoyable. The first one that I've done is a more detailed and accurate Spectre Bird One rocket. But unlike the other mods I've seen that you have to disassemble the whole rocket and replace it, this one is just a case that slips on over the pre existing rocket, so installation takes only seconds! you can see a video of it here - I have them up on my pinside store now.

Bird One condom. Love it.

1 week later
#10607 7 months ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Damn, no updated code today.... that's cold blooded!
Let's hope for a Friday code drop before the long weekend.

Long weekend is precisely the reason there is no code drop. If was a dev manager (and I am) I wouldn't release either. Not enough coverage on a weekend let along long weekend. Nobody wants to have to worry about bugs over a weekend. The recent JP code that affected Premiums comes to mind...

1 week later
#10858 7 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Noticed it was getting hard to shoot the left jetpack ramp passed the spinner, then noticed this.....
Spinner is falling apart and directing the shot away from the ramp.
[quoted image]

One too many rips!

1 week later
#11228 7 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Wow. It would have been his birthday the other day. Want to play power pack now.
[quoted image]

Oh no...

#11281 7 months ago

There are zero issues using a mac to download and unzip to usb stick. I have done all the updates to all of my Sterns this way. No patience for download in my dungeon. Standard mac disk utilities can do any format needed.

1 week later
#11523 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My tech came to look and called me a magician lol
Looked for 3 hours looked under playfield in cab everywhere on top everywhere

Three hours of tech labor just to look? Call me next time. LOL

#11591 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Celebrate James Bond Day with NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted new James Bond 007 code v0.97.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models. This code contains numerous game enhancements including a Smart Missile functionality with the action button, all new light shows and sound effects, additional polish, game adjustments, and bug fixes.
LE/PRE V0.97.0 - October 5, 2023
=====================
- Added logic for the lockdown bar button to award, if lit, a Smart Missile or start
"007 Scoring". Use the left/right flipper buttons to change/switch awards if both
are lit/available. A Smart Missile can be used to give a:
* Villain Shot Award
* Henchmen Shot Award
* SPECTRE Weapon Shot Award
* Q Branch Mode/Multiball Shot Award
* Bird 1 Multiball Shot Award
* Jetpack Multiball Shot Award
* "Bond..James Bond" Shot Award
* "Chaos at Crab Key" Shot Award
* "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Shot Award
* "Goldfinger's Jackpot" Shot Award
* "Duel on the Disco Volante Shot Award
- Now each player collects 1 Smart Missile at the start of each game.
- Now 1 Smart Missile can be collected by finishing any Villain, Henchmen, SPECTRE Weapon, or
Q Branch mode.
- Upon collecting a Smart Missile the game displays an animating "+1 Smart Missile" animation on the
right side of the display.
- Added a Smart Missile collected sound FX.
- Now the "Eyes Only" Skill shot awards a Smart Missile.
- Now the "License to Kill" Skill shot awards a Smart Missile.
- Now the "00" Skill shot awards a Smart Missile.
- Now the "Top Secret" Skill shot awards a Smart Missile.
- Now the "Undercover" Skill shot awards a Smart Missile.
- Added logic to recognize a Martini Shot. A Martini shot occurs when a ball travels up
the Side Ramp and falls back down the Right Ramp. In addition to awarding points a player is
awarded 1 "Smart Missile" for making a Martini Shot.
- Added a "Martini's Collected" display and sound FX.
- Added a "Martini" High Score Champion.
- Added adjustments to support the "Martini" High Score Champion
(default threshold, type of award to give, # of awards to give).
- Added a "Martini" Champion to the attract mode presentation.
- Max Smart Missiles adjustment default = 4. This means the player can collect up to 4 Smart
Missiles before being required to use them (or lose them).
- Available Smart Missiles are displayed above the players score.
- Smart Missiles select award shots in a manner that better helps the player finish the mode. This
means it will attempt to first award shots that are typically harder to make than easier shots.
- Note: Smart Missiles are disabled and not allowed to collect Super Jackpot Awards for Multiball
or Wizard Modes.
- Now the Top Lane Skill Shots (MI6 & Classified) award +1 Bonus X.
- Now the Super Skill Shot topper effect runs a bit longer.
- Added a new "Duel on the Disco Volante" Super Jackpot lightshow.
- Added a "Chaos at Crab Key" completed lightshow.
- Added a "Ahoy Mr. Bond" completed lightshow.
- Added a "Goldfinger's Jackpot" completed lightshow.
- Added a "PowerPack Multiball" completed lightshow.
- Added a "DB5 Multiball" completed lightshow.
- Added a "Little Nellie Multiball" completed lightshow.
- Raised the volume of the drop target hit sound FX.
- Now the Bird 1 Multiball Jackpot value is reset at the end of the Bird 1 Multiball Grace
Period.
- Fixed a bug where "007 Scoring" ended prematurely upon finishing a Wizard Mode
or Q Branch Multiball Mode.
- Added logic to disallow "007 Scoring" from starting while balls are draining after
making a Wizard Mode Super Jackpot shot.
- Fixed a bug where background video and synced speech could stop playing.
- Fixed a bug where available SPECTRE Weapon modes could stop cycling.
- Fixed a bug where the Goldfinger Target Lamp was not being illuminated during
multiball and Wizard Mode Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Changed the Villain mode start difficulty, i.e. now it takes 1 right ramp shot to start a Villain mode.
- Changed the difficulty settings for starting a Henchmen mode via the side ramp.
Default = Easy, i.e. Henchmen modes require 1 shot to start.
- Fixed a problem where the Little Nellie Multiball progress bar was not displaying the
correct progress.
- Changed/Removed the "drop target bank" completed shot in Little Nellie Multiball.
- Changed the priority of the Little Nellie "Increase Jackpot Value" display effect. This
means it can interrupt a Little Nellie Jackpot display effect that is already in progress.
With the addition of Smart Missiles this was necessary as a Smart Missile can give a
Little Nellie "Increase Jackpot Value" award and it's display would not be shown if a
Jackpot display effect was already in progress.
- Now "Little Nellie Multiball" uses the Progress Bar to show progress in the mode.
- Now "Hunted By Helicopter" Multiball uses the Progress Bar to show progress in the mode.
- Added a Topper Shooter lane background lightshow to help distinguish which player is up in a
multi-player game.
- Now "Duel on the Disco Volante" Multiball will alternate the order in which background videos play.
- Fixed a "Radioactive Reconnaissance" bug where the progress bar was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug in "DB5 Multiball" where the progress bar was not displayed correctly upon completing the mode.
- Fixed a "007 Scoring" display bug where the status bar would continue to show a Multiball/Mode
name after the Multiball/Mode was over and "007 Scoring" was still active.
- Fixed a bug that where the wrong time would momentarily be displayed upon starting a Q Branch mode.
- System Version 3.48
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.12.0
- Conagent v1.0.13
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Ugh. I just my game on location this past weekend. Looks like I'll be "servicing" Bond heavily over the next few days.

#11865 6 months ago

Some of you thread old timers may remember that my Premium arrived with a "smudged" apron decal. Opened a ticket with Stern back in January. Just received my replacement decal. They sent two just in case. Very nice of them. What's interesting is the alternate right side decals that came with it. I guess the intention is to cover the IC hole if you don't use it or have relocated it to the coin door. First time I'm seeing one of these. Anyone else seen these before?

IMG_2149 (resized).jpegIMG_2149 (resized).jpeg
#11867 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Interesting. Is there a cutout for the IC hole or do you have to cut that yourself?

The red rectangle is perforated. It just pops out for the IC window. The alternate right triangle does not have a cutout.

1 week later
#12099 6 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I had an awesome 2B point game yesterday where everything clicked on ball three. Was staring at 200M after the first two balls and resisted the urge to reset it. Glad i didn't! Because I then stacked Jetpack with Oddjob and completed it. Stacked Jetpack and B1 with Rosa Klebb mode and used a missile to complete it. Got me a 3x multiplier on Q's ring and completed it. Hit 5X on BJB and completed it for 700M. I hit three Martini's, which has never happened before in one game. Used three missiles to get to Powerpack with 3X activated and then used the last one to help me get to the end. It was the most epic game ever! I then followed up that effort with a 60M turd of a game LOL. Doesn't matter, I love this game!!

Reset on ball 3 after 200 million? I bet you won't do that again. It only takes one ball for magic to happen.

1 week later
#12273 5 months ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Apologies for the Newbie questions, I just got my very first Stern today and it's the James Bond pro. I do notice that in attract mode the CPU cooling fan periodically kicks on for a while and goes off. I assume this is normal? Also I'm assuming there is no attract mode sounds correct? I didn't see any options in the adjustments menu.

All of this is normal. There are options for a quieter fan. No attract sounds. Yet?

#12354 5 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I have seen some people using Precision flippers on Bond and always thought they looked good (especially the Halos) but kinda hate to change something that isn’t broken. Anyone using them and want to sell me on them? Wasn’t there a special Bond gunmetal color? Would I have to basically relearn all the shots or is the differences not that drastic?

I like the the innovation. If someone designs, builds and sells a game with them. Great. I wouldn't do it for cosmetics or the expectation that they will make you a better player.

#12461 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

No need to Topper shame us lower scum of the earth regular folk

Yep. Us regular folk who save that $1k for the next game.

1 week later
#12645 4 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I keep getting technician alerts for one of the rocket optos on my Premium. I can clear these by going into switch test and manually deflecting the rocket with my finger forward and backward, so clearly the optos are working.
I know others have had success by wrapping electrical tape around the base of the rocket. I've tried to do this (up to 2 layers so far) but it doesn't seem to change the behavior. I figure I'm missing out on a lot of hits from the rocket because of this. Can anyone who has successfully resolved this issue explain it in terms that an idiot like me can understand, since I seem to be doing something wrong?

Did you try any adjustment of the optos? There isn't much and mean tiny amout of room for adjustment. I was able to move them slightly closer together. Not much but slightly. This along with the tape solved my issue. It was too sensitive at first and was able to reduce the tape by a layer to dial it in. YMMV. Also make sure the rocket bolt isn't too tight. This apparently causes the rubber baffle thingy to get more stiff. Stern support said this to me. I made mine as loose as possible without being able to easily rotate the rocket by hand.

Good luck.

1 month later
#13742 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I enjoy all pinball, except Roadshow of course haha.
Cheers,
Neil.

Blasphemy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=simplepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.