IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1188 1 year ago

Having a little fun with my new LE #385.

If anyone is interested in getting set up with Little Nellie and Wet Nellie, DM me. I can sell you a full kit (I have a few on order) or just the 3D parts. Works on Pro and Prem as well.

Also both of these models are available online for about $85 total, happy to share the 3D files with anyone who wants to DIY.

Both are very secure. The copter has a small plate on the front end to protect it. I'll be adapting it further if needed.

Photo Jan 06 2023, 9 01 15 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 15 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 02 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 02 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 21 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 21 02 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Jan 06 2023, 9 36 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 36 49 PM (resized).jpg

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. I started at 6.8. Took a long time to set up, download and update code, wax, level and pitch. Played one game, not having an issue with the gates or other problems people have mentioned but only played one game. However, what the hell is this? I have 9 spike 2 Sterns, every single one before this has the 90 degree plug, nice and neat and tight to the machine. My 007 came with a computer plug that sticks out. The third pic is my Munsters. WTF???? Does everyone else have the same plug in Bond?
Also the plastic over my ramps has no screw in the front hole. The plastic isn’t even drilled for the screw in the front left. Is this by design?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same on mine.

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not having it here yet I can't visualize, but would a much thicker pad help? Maybe would take a direct shot to land in vuk? Or will it block underwater scene?

My recent LE has the pad and it came with 2 extras. Played a pro on site and seemed like it went in there way more often than without the pad. Seems like a proper amount on the LE. In terms of going for the shot, if you hit the back rubber right it drops right in.

#1271 1 year ago

Having issues with my drop targets not dropping from direct hits - quite often in fact. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm happy to do the research on Pinside as I'm sure this is covered in detail but if there are any Bond owners with experiencing fixing this, much appreciated.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don’t have a JB but I’ve found drop targets not dropping on very hard, direct hits is fairly common on modern sterns, I’ve had this with DP, AIQ and STh. The only thing I’ve found that helps is replacing the springs with different strengths and see what improves it. Sometimes it’s been stronger springs, sometimes weaker

Thx all. Will give the springs a shot.

#1308 1 year ago

I think we have a long way to go, but for now, after the recent angle chatter, I had a lot of fun with it tonight at 7.0 v 6.8.

#1343 1 year ago

Music is really growing on me. Slow pace when modes are active are great. Will be curious how that plays out once stacking is in place. I do think my nostalgic for the music helps, if these tunes are not familiar to you, it may not have the same impact.

I am noticing many hits on the rocket do some things. Not sure how they pan out but reminds me of beating up the castle on MM. Def don’t hate it and will be curious to see how this plays into strategy with future updates.

#1345 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've only done it once with a very fast shot, but it IS possible to roll all the SPECTRE targets with one hit. I did it by accident starting from the left side and exiting on the right, but I think maybe with a lot of practice it could be like the SNIKT shot on deadpool - repeatable pretty often. If that's not already a secret achievement for IC, it SHOULD be.

Yes, but I’m talking about hitting the rocket. It’s says sometimes many hits remaining but it seems like a hard hit often counts as many more than 1.

#1448 1 year ago

Looks like you can backhand that shot between the right ramps from the right flipper without too much trouble (from cradle), which is great.

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

On my wish list...
After locking a ball in the rocket gantry on the prem/LE, please allow the controlled gate above the pops to open so that I may continue to hit those upper flipper shots off the plunge. Pretty please...

Even more, let me plunge since we have those 10 skillshots (coming).

#1511 1 year ago

Here’s one more for ya! Will be worth the wait.

CF1CAED6-A60D-4FBB-ADEC-D46DC357AC29 (resized).jpegCF1CAED6-A60D-4FBB-ADEC-D46DC357AC29 (resized).jpeg
#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Can we get a code update so we have something to talk about other than power cords?

No Mr. Bond…

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I agree with this sentiment. I have an LE with a GZ prem on the way. Very tough to give a review of Bond at this point given the limited code. I do think the layout is great, but I think the layout on GZ beats it. Both themes are great for me. Both layouts are great, but GZ is just tough to beat. I do think Bond is a better game than several in the top 10 of the Pinside 100 and definitely better than several in the top 20. So I see it as at least a top 20 game once the code gets better.

Let’s not call it better than some of the top 10 on pinside with the current code. Way too early for that.

Yeah. I don’t see it being better than Godzilla.

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Eventually will we have music? When you enter initials after a good score the bond song plays but just instrumentals.

I frigging love that part. What else are you looking for there?

Design of that interface is bad tho. Hope They improve it.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Isnt the sound just the 007 theme song on repeat?

It’s quite the contrary, but the other music is subtle and only shines in the home environment - very moody and nostalgic (if you are a bond fan).

If you play in a noisy bar it’s going to seem like it’s just the main song or nothing at all.

#1894 1 year ago

Anyone else have balls kicking out of the db5 into the shooter lane and the out lane occasionally? Just started happening prob 100 plays in.

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

The Nellie looks amazing there! How you managed to stick it there without falling? And which model
Did you buy? Thanks

I built a custom bracket for the 1:36 version. Message me if you want the file or to buy one.

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Code should be finished at game launch. With proper project management it can be done. Ridiculous that you guys have to wait a year for a finished game.

I’d hate for the code to be finished when it releases. Take Godzilla. Tons of community feedback went into each update. On the other hand you’ve got Toy Story. Code finished. Needs a ton of work.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

First time I've seen this and I assume its a 3-D printed shooter lane protector. Is that factory issued from Stern?
[quoted image]

No

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In olden times (10-15 years ago) they used to put games on location for that feedback and data so they could launch with a pretty much rock solid 1.00. That worked for decades. They've just shifted that part to the consumer side.

Haha. The home buyers would love to wait around for that im sure!

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Does anyone know what determines which villain is selected for the villain mode?
Is it random?

Changes on pop hits

1 week later
#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Here’s the upper orbit switch. It’s certainly possible that this is just a software issue as the code is early.
[quoted image]

I've seen this too - lot's of it not registering on multiballs, modes, etc. Could give that switch you sent me a shot if you want Sonic

#2830 1 year ago

I’m going to give it a go on the next code update. Now that I know stacking is coming can’t bring myself to play it enough to experience whether it fixes it or not.

I can say that despite some tweaking and back and forth with Matt, the work was well worth it to fix the switch below the pops on GZ. If you own multiple machines it’s worth taking the time to get to know how MRS can help fix critical shots. Nothing worse than having a 100M+ shot lined up (or even more with a 7x multiplier!!!!) and not having confidence that your shot will register.

#2834 1 year ago

180 power on the upper flipper def makes the henchman shot easier to hit on my machine. Worth trying out.

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

HA! I like that! Ok cool that sounds good! I have never been before so I am really pumped up to go!

Come by and say hello at The Electric Playground booth. I want proof you guys made up

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK. I respectfully disagree, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

How many times have you played it?

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Same, I submitted my request last Thursday night after the Gomez stream on PinTech and got an order number on Tuesday. No ETA yet.

They told me they are sending to distributors and to let my distributor know I want one shipped to me when they arrive.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I emailed support right after the stream about the ball trap kit and they created an order for me, but asked who my distributor was.
Maybe they'll fill the order in a year or two (if I get lucky).

My distributor created a ticket with them about another issue and I have been very happy with the process. I got one part quickly and know exactly where the other part is in the process. So support is hit or miss, typical of most products.

It is too bad they say contact us on such a public forum and didn’t have things sorted out with the team.

#3045 1 year ago

Haha. The fix for slow code updates. Own more machines. Brilliant!

#3089 1 year ago

I got to play it once before leaving for a 3 day trip but curious to see everyone’s opinion on the stacking. I will not be surprised to hear it’s very basic and inconsistent. Godzilla does it so f’ing well. I was not around in the early code does on Godzilla, was stacking such a mess on that machine for a while?

#3100 1 year ago

Q branch blue didn’t stack into bird 1 MB for me, or am I missing something?

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super Skill shot is available after a ballsave?!

It should be (like Godzilla) but it’s not.

#3239 1 year ago

What’s the deal with the . Posts??

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Someone had already suggested , so I deleted. Sorry

Ah. I see. So it’s an edit to a post. I thought it had some other meaning.

#3264 1 year ago

The scenes with the buggy in diamonds with the mini 3 wheelers chasing him is worth the watch.

#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Police on the moon pulling over and giving a speeding ticket to Sean Connery in his moon buggy. [quoted image]

It was a film set in Nevada. How dare you accuse bond of such silliness!

#3422 1 year ago

Anyone developing any specific scoring strategies with stacking? What scores are you reaching? Was at 400m pre stacking and seeing far less EB now so haven’t come close to that yet but haven’t got too deep yet.

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

What don’t you understand? I emailed Stern, just like that person, providing my game serial number, and was told I was not allowed to place an order for the ball fix kit Gomez told everyone to order.
The other owners on here were given ORDER NUMBERS for a future shipment of the parts once they are in stock.
Now, what don’t you understand that I can further explain?

They must have changed the plan. I was told to contact my Distro as they are set to receive the parts in bulk and then distribute.

#3626 1 year ago

Seeing some issues with the auto plunger after ball saves and outlane saves, kind of sputters and never reaches the poppers. No issues when using the auto launch button on ball start though. Anyone else seeing this? I've adjusted the auto launch settings a bit with no luck.

#3652 1 year ago

My bond on a wand is extended all the way out to the rocket and won't budge on a restart. Does nothing in test mode. I saw there may be some issues with the clutch and saw the stream but doesn't seem like that's it, but could be wrong. Anyone run into this?

In the game when you have the locks lit, they don't actually light, so the game seems to know something is wrong.

#3654 1 year ago

Hehe, I don't think this is home. He's got a grip and won't let go!

Photo Feb 25 2023, 8 08 29 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 25 2023, 8 08 29 PM (resized).jpg
#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hes probably just confused as to why there's a Roger Moore submarine car in a Sean Connery pin.

Oh, you had to go there.

#3661 1 year ago

Can’t we all just agree no mod is tasteful.

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ColorDMD is perhaps the most tasteful mod in the entire pinball realm, so no. Cannot agree to that.

Have owned a few myself. Works great in most cases. Working on a T2 where I think the red is more tasteful.

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then even by your own admission, your position that "NO mode is tasteful" is not true. Even in your case, it's usually untrue, with one exception.

It was a joke.

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, well, sucks when they don't land. You're not alone, I've been there. Text, especially, is an imperfect medium.
[quoted image]

Well, the guy was giving me crap for my tasteless mod. I think it was pretty clear I don’t agree as I have a mod in my machine.

#3719 1 year ago

I find it strange that after the update my scores have gone down? Maybe because I stink lol? Not sure what it is? Now with mode and multiball stacking I thought my scores would go up but it’s been the opposite. just out of curiosity, what is the strategy for you guys getting those huge scores?

extra balls are harder to come by now. That could be it.

#3723 1 year ago

The multiplier feature alone should blow scores up.

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone feeling the need for an MRS switch in the bond woman shot? I think it jumps over the switch from nutty speed sometimes.
Maybe a plastic cover will work too

Yeah. I’m still seeing it. I have an extra switch. Really need to give it a shot.

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I Never finish a mode... Too hard and not interesting. Professor dent seems to be just impossible !

Are you aware hitting the tank target adds a shot in this mode? Add a multiball and you will breeze through it. Gotta think like bond to get through these modes, cunningly!

#3771 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Problem with modes to me is that they require too many shots in too little time. Either cut down on some of the shots required or give players more time.

I’ve adjusted time on a few. Agree they are short, but that was before you could stack in a mb.

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Me either! I figured the .36% of people that completed Prof. Dent just cranked up the time in the settings.
There's also this in the achievement list - "Freeze all the roving Professor Dent shots before collecting any". No idea how to do that.

Shoot the tank target.

#3885 1 year ago

Lots of fomo going on from FF.

I’d say we know 2 things for sure. 1) no one knows if Bond or FF will be classics. 2) Bonds code will get it’s due.

If you are this impatient you were probably betting on it anyway so take your loss and get the FF out.

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He wasn't a code lead, and he died around the time of Bond actually shipping last year, so blaming the code desert now in whole or part on his passing is pretty...gross. There are plenty of people supporting Lonnie as lead coder more heavily (Mike Vinikour, Waison Cheng, etc). The delays and lack of development with Bond has little to nothing to do with that.

1 is for sure
2 is an opinion

What history of late has proven 2 wrong. Serious question.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What kind of adjustments could I make to make the drop targets more sensitive on hard shots? A strong shot from the right flipper almost always bounces off, but a weak shot from the left tends to drop it. Any ideas on how to adjust this?
Thanks!

There is at least one key post on this from PinMonk

#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Stern has raised the price of their machines 20-50% (depending on version) over the last three years. I think operators should be raising their prices, but everyone goes wild when it costs more than $1 per play.

For $2 it has to be LE/CE or Lebowski/alien/etc and in perfect working order, and ideally has 3 plays for 5. Still painful though. It’s not that I hate spending $2, its that there is usually something else just as good for $1.

#4088 1 year ago

Rosa Klebb + Bird 1 MB is a pretty awesome experience. Once we have multiplier activated by the action button it's only going to get better. Still very optimistic and loving this game even as is.

1 week later
#4569 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

FWIW, I'm trying to stay optimistic here but I'm getting frustrated along with everyone else. I think code needs to be more polished before games leave the factory. We wouldn't stand for purchasing a car where some of the features were missing -- "no A/C for you until the next code release" ... "You can open your windows but that makes the radio turn off" ... etc.
My last NIB was Rush, and IIRC the modes were all there from day one, except for the three wizard modes -- no big deal, we all suck at a new game so we're not reaching the wizard modes yet, that's fine. The modes needed a little polishing and tweaking, but they were all there and we could (and did) provide constructive feedback to help improve it or correct errors noticed by fans. Participating in that process was actually really fun -- especially since some of my suggestions & corrections were heard and incorporated into the game -- very cool! I got to watch the game mature with each update. But the point is, from day one -- particularly for those early adopters buying the most expensive version -- it was still very much COMPLETE enough to be an enjoyable game right off the factory floor.
That's not the same experience we have here in the Bond club.
Whatever the reason for the delay, be it coders, be it licensor -- this game should not have been released so prematurely. I suppose it'd be ironic, if it's true the licensor wanted it out on time for the anniversary, yet was also too slow / nitpicky on content approval. Perhaps the appropriate approach would've been to release Elwin's for the anniversary, and hold the Gomez one back until the code was more mature, even if that meant leapfrogging Foo Fighters ahead of it. In that case you'd have legions of folks buying the newest game (FF), who then might step up and grab the next new game (Bond) -- you'd have happy FF customers who then could become happy Bond customers, and you'd have happy secondary market customers picking up FF from those selling their FF to get Bond. Instead, we have angry, spurned Bond customers watching joyous FF customers, with reduced secondary market capability for those wanting to unload Bond to get a more functional game.
<sigh>
I really like the shots and the game has huge potential. Folks putting up funds to get one right away just can't help but feel cheated that we have to wait so long for it to be fully functional -- especially with a zillion other games out there. We could've bought some other game(s) with that money in the meantime. The pitchforks are out because we're all feeling like a bunch of suckers.
<waves pitchfork sluggishly & unenthusiastically>

It’s not pitchfork Thursday until a car analogy is thrown in the mix!

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

lol sorry if that got used already...my pitchfork certainly is[quoted image]

Lol. I figured you’d respond. Didn’t expect man ass!

#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

at least we've got SOMETHING fresh and new around here!

Let’s just keep the chatter up so all the non pinside addicts show up to a high message count thinking new code dropped. They should have to feel our pain.

#4609 1 year ago
Quoted from dvmrunner:

With how small the pinball community is, why is there no insider information leaked? Shouldn't someone have an "in" to know when code is actually going to be released? Or would that ruin the fun of pitchfork Friday?

The number of people in the know on software is pretty small, since it's a day-to-day thing and you don't need to coordinate with suppliers or distributors over months or even years like the machine itself. It's very pitchfork-proof.

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He have a serious cottage industry of “with all these posts I thought for sure there was a code update!!” Posts going.
Guys, you should have it figured out by now. A little fire don’t mean there’s a code update. So stop getting excited!

Pitchfork card officially revoked!

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Why not announce foo fighters in December. And ship it in January. Delay Bond until April. Essentially swapping releases (I have to imagine FF was completed one and a half months ago). That way Bond ships with a playable code and people are still riding the FF high . Stern had to know that Bond would miss during the initial release and knew they had a hit on their hands with FF. Seems like this would have solved a lot of issues

They had to announce it near the 60th anniversary per the contract, so it seems.

#4748 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

They had to announce it near the 60th anniversary per the contract, so it seems.

My guess is the commitment to code a whole second game is the problem here and something they simply won’t do again. In the mean time we all wait and only the flippers and impatient bond car owners get overly worked up about it.

#4771 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Marginal improvement with STh, but same old Ropp at the wheel of the SS Paycheck. He strung users along with a video mode listed as one of the mystery awards from the start of STh code releases, then just dumped it at the end and called it done. A little Crystal Skull callback for the fans?
Hoping Gomez will crack the whip and give the Lonnie the support he absolutely has to have from other coders to turn out something good. There's no Lyman to cover for him this time, so maybe Rayday or Dwight will lend a hand, and MXV has some good ideas, but I'm not sure he's coded more than expression lights so far. We'll see soon enough. If it turns out great, I'll be happy to congratulate Lonnie and team. I just have severe doubts based on an extensive track record of underperformance.

Who is mvx? I know it from the skill shot but didn’t realize it was a person.

#4823 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I will create its own topic again soon and if your one of the people that doesnt understand why I do this type work that is fine. Just click ignore loganpinball on pinside and your issue with me is resolved. Please do that if this is offending you that much. I am just a visual guy and like to do what we do with machines. 99 percent of pinside has been very good with our build topics. That 1 percent last week was just so damn crazy.. please dont be the 1 percent.
I am a big fan of George. And I am hopefull code is coming like everyone else. And this mod is just a base to build something around the rocket. Still thinking.. there was not enough momentum to circle the rocket as the ramp height exit to wireform is low. So, I am working on other ideas. But, I really do like the look of the wireform rerouted. And that is what I really like to do with our games. I figured I would share from this point on and I hope I dont have to burn out the ignore button.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool! Thx for sharing.

#4875 1 year ago

I’d have to think once all the modes are in place the approvals are trivial or non existent. Hopefully we get past that soon and can move on to fine tuning.

#4953 1 year ago

Hi there Mr Q, are you having any luck? Have you heard from Lonnie, Mike, or George?

I heard the license rep sucks at pinball. Can’t get through the the modes - too many shots required through the right ramps. Also gets distracted taking pictures when his great aunt comes up during the Q ring mode.

Gunna be a while I’m afraid.

#5009 1 year ago

I really want the Bond girl multiplier to just work. I don’t like that it’s called out but doesn’t work. I don’t care that I got something, I only wanted that.

#5269 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Assuming Gomez is reading this regarding music feedback, my opinion:
TLDR: strict SC Era except wizard modes.
EVERYTHING hardware on this pinball has been an homage to the Sean Connery Era. Not just in terms of Bond but in terms of the movie experiences of the time, with movie marquee period painted art, circle motif, etc.
Stay true to that with music with old school orchestration, and vocals like Shirley Bassey, Nancy Sinatra, Matt Monro, Tom Jones. Heck even Rolling Stone puts 4 of the top 8 Bond songs from Connery Era.
( https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/the-top-10-james-bond-theme-songs-156035/matt-monro-from-russia-with-love-1963-174201/ ).
Instrumental music in-between should be old school orchestrals too.
More modern music, like Moby or even Art of Noise, either not present or saved for wizard modes. But I'd rather hear mcCartney LaLD or Simon TSWLM from Roger Moore Era or even Louis Armstrong All The Time from TWO Bonds (OHMSS and NTTD). Depending on licensing, hell, unlockable wizard modes for the other Bond songs from the other Bonds would be pretty cool and imho not violating spirit of Era pinball.
Oh and I know this is beyond music, but Bond is also playful:
How about when ball first placed in shooter lane make score "000007"?
And End Of Game graphic of final score, but beneath it "James Bond Will Return"? Probably licensing hell but I can't believe not already in the game!
Anyway that's my take.

I agree. I’d rather have the old track by itself than these new tracks that change up. It’s jarring and doesn’t mesh well with the mode music. It would be cool if you could at least pick which songs you wanted for the main track list.

#5345 1 year ago

Who’s at TPF? We’re be showing off the teppinball topper. Come by and chat me up about some ideas for a Bond topper.

IMG_2691 (resized).jpegIMG_2691 (resized).jpeg
#5589 1 year ago

Completely agree.the gameplay is better even without the mini wizard mode looming and having that there really just changes the overall feel. Also got my first jet pack super jackpot by timing the tank shot and holy shit that was fun. I think adding the multiplier button and adding some value to the 3 lights on the right orbit shot will go a long way too, not to mention all the other missing things.

Pitchfork proud!

#5802 1 year ago

this one is pretty interesting.

Added logic to the game to allow/disallow right orbit shots to activate the Orbit
Control Gate. When a Mode/Multiball is not active a shot to the Right Orbit will
either activate the Orbit Control Gate or divert the ball into the Pop Bumpers. The
right Back Panel Flasher indicates which action will be taken, i.e. Flasher ON = Activate
Orbit Control Game, Flasher OFF = Divert balls into the Pop Bumpers. Shots to the
Tank Target toggle the state of the Back Panel Flasher.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pitchfork pussies might be happy for a day or two.

Have another.

#5851 1 year ago

Would be cool if back handing red grant lit other shots.

#5963 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure at what point in the future this will become available, but Mike V has mentioned a planned "ball swipe" (?) feature, similar to that apparently on Stranger Things, where a physically locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button. The downside is that you lose a locked ball and will have to re-earn it. This feature will only be available with Premium/LE gameplay code as it requires a physical ball lock.

+1 on this feature

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We've been discussing this for 100 pages but I'll mention a few...
Some kind of different special modes for finishing all the henchmen, finishing all the villians, and finishing both (I would think that's all in the pipeline)
Better staging and coordination for the clips/animations. Such a buzzkill that the ball still just gets dumped into play without any warning or consideration for what's happening on the screen.
Some bond babe animations...I mean...there's almost nothing! "My name is Pussy Galore."
Some reason for the 3 inserts between the two right ramps to exist.
Some reason - or at least explanation - for the center movie title inserts to exist.

BJB mode is cool, but let’s be honest. Game is over at that point.

I’ve never come close to finishing Godzilla and it has at least 5 mini wizard modes after the first one, then a wizard mode and I think even a super wizard mode. With bond all we have is this one mini wizard mode.

While I am sure bond will never be that deep nor does it need to be, we are a long way off. And that’s ok, and calling it out is ok too.

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Really? I've made it to BJB about 70% of the time I play with very little completed.

The point is there is nothing else to go for besides score other than more modes that lead to nothing. I’d consider a complete game as one that always has another mode to go for for at least 45 minutes of play. That’s the bar for me anyway.

#6198 1 year ago

A combo checklist like Jurassic has with the DNA shots that leads to an extra call after collecting 6 of them would be cool.

#6203 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

But what I'm hearing from you guys,. Right now as the code sits. The Pro seems to be the better machine.

Only you can answer that question for yourself. An owners thread is a horribly biased place!

#6206 1 year ago

I have a premium. The pro is the way to go. The only thing the premium has over the pro is the art package, and you can now get some much better translites as listed earlier in this thread. I've seen a few Pros ups for sale lightly used in the low 6,000s as well.
The only thing the premium has over the pro (aside from art) are the cool underwater scene, the physical ball lock by the rocket, and the bond on the wand. The bond on the wand does essentially nothing. Bond waves back and forth holding a ball during a multiball and you shoot up the center to release it. Code is still not great, but it is a fun machine I'm close to recommending and probably will once some more code is out.

As a Bond fan you learn to love crazy stunts and dropping a ball on top of a tank at the perfect time is a pretty crazy pinball stunt. It’s on theme. I appreciate it and would miss it from the pro.

I also like the idea of releasing balls from the lock with the action button, which has been suggested as coming.

The pro is also pretty empty looking up there on the left side - if that matters to you.

1 week later
#6418 1 year ago

Finally put up a decent score. Got the 2nd jet pack jackpot (the one here you control the wand) and jackpots after that we’re 9m each. Also got a 55m bonus on one ball.

09A5386D-F73A-4D81-9858-9EE951DCFBF5 (resized).jpeg09A5386D-F73A-4D81-9858-9EE951DCFBF5 (resized).jpeg
#6733 1 year ago

Noticing on my machine a direct hit to the rocket registers multiple shots towards little Nellie. I think that it’s a decent balance as is. It should be chopping wood a bit because it should show up in a bit deeper game.

For the right loop resetting between balls for the other new mood, that does just suck. Nothing like being 4-5 shots in and then draining while chasing it. Needs to carry over or at least if it’s fully lit (2 shots) those lights should carry over.

#6769 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

pinballjah shared with me an idea to make ramp plastics with some bling! I added these to the store. Available in all the glowey florescent colors!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08440-stern-bond-007-ramp-guards[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would buy this in turquoise in a heartbeat!

#6784 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

How about either of these? The darker one is technically teal and the other light blue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The top one.

#6855 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.
ELEVEN?!?!
Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

If you hit it hard enough on mine it registers like 4 hits.

#6898 11 months ago

Got this at TPF, not made in large quantities but has a great feel.

IMG_3231 (resized).jpegIMG_3231 (resized).jpeg
#6955 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

So you swapped a gomez LE that is sold out, AA tier theme, with no more runs EVER with code and gameplay still to be sorted, for a game that has a few more production runs coming, and has been out for a few years... not to mention that every other swinging dick in the hobby has a JP premium, I mean its a great game but f#$k me.
And you lost a wad of cash.... what a muppet!

Not cool to call him out. You calling him a muppet is based on your opinion and his choice is about great gameplay now not market trends. Who’s the muppet?

#7062 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Folks,
I have a question about bricking. I change my drops to translucent with red illumination. (Mezelmods sells a kit with blue illumination...I prefer red)
Since I am not using the stock drops I want to make sure I am experiencing the same issues. I am quite familiar with drop targets. I was helping QC the translucents a while back.
So I am getting some bricking. I am also using shorter springs as recommended in an earlier post.
I never get bricking from the left flipper. I only have an issue with the far right drop and only from a direct shot from the right flipper. If I hit that far right drop directly on center from the right flipper, it bricks maybe 80% of the time. Any other hit drops it fine. (off center, rebound, etc...)
Is this what was happening to folks with the stock drops? I am trying to get ideas on how I should address this issue. I will most likely shave a little off of the "grips" (don't know what else to call them) on the far right drop. (these are the 2 tabs that hold onto the edge). This will make it more sensitive to a hit because there will be a smaller area holding onto the ledge. I don't recommend this to most folks as this is irreversible, but I have a bunch of translucent drops that I was QCing. (most of them failed my QC process but I got a few good ones) If it works, I'll write it up as a fix.
Thanks,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Stern sent me new springs in just 5 days. Just have to ask.

Def work much better.

#7088 11 months ago

Mine came with 20 pages of printed instructions. Same results, not installing it.

#7115 11 months ago

I’m still playing and even though no scores count right now and the modes are tough, I tell myself this is all sterns plan to train me for when it all comes together.

Getting really good at that right orbit shot.

1 week later
#7326 11 months ago

I like the left flipper skill shot feature of bond a lot. Would be cool if...

- each one gave you a perk rather than just points, or maybe the 3rd and 5th, etc gave you a perk
- when locking a ball on the rocket, you could shoot the skill shot again, as many games do

Also would be cool if hitting right loop gave you 2 or 3 shots towards that q mode

#7422 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

So when you do not write this... everything else is lies?

It means what he’s about to write is not a troll post.

#7488 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Having to set myself up so I am one shot away from starting a villain, and then throwing the ball into the pops and hope the action stops on the villain I want/need to play next sounds like a rule thought up by people way better at pinball than me.
Right now it doesn't matter, other than maybe wanting to play a favorite mode, but once the movie inserts come into play and exactly what happens when you complete a "movie", I could see it mattering a lot.
A way to lock in the selection until ball end/mode end, holding the action button for example, would add a bit of extra control for us non Elwin/RayDay/Danger level of players.

I agree. It could be handled just like Godzilla and the ally. Right flipper changes it. If these are going to roll up to mini wizard modes, seems like it could be important. Could be wrong though if I.e. once you have a villain completed all the other shots default to that color.

#7527 11 months ago

I’m also not getting power pack. Played the shit out of jet pack. Is it a Q mode that’s lit or does it happen mid jet pack? Pushed a bil a few times, have never seen a power pack Q mode. Def on latest cost.

#7530 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I keep feeling bummed about not getting selectable modes, but then I started thinking about how games can still be fun without them. It just makes the game feel more modern, but it’s not a necessity. Some of my all time greats don’t have selectable modes. On the other hand, I do think Godzilla wouldn't be as good without them.
Now that you know that you aren’t getting modes, are you bummed?

Would be cool if when the ball is in the pops you could hold down the right flipper once it lands on the one you like and it won’t change.

I think it’s important it’s selectable. It allows you to customize to you play style (shots you like) and avoid modes you don’t.

#7544 11 months ago

I think a good car analogy is in order…

#7579 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So I don't know if I had a bug or found an extra ball?
First plunge of the game, held left flipper. Shot the bond girl loop two times in a row and Extra Ball was lit. Not call out, not notification, no nothing. But there was indeed an extra ball waiting for me.

Are you on old code? I used to see this happen in prev code, less so as of late but maybe on the skill shot you get extra tally’s towards the Eb which is normally at 4 or 5 of these shots.

#7607 11 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Okay, I'll play.
This theme demands strategy. I'm all for some semi-random selection of stuff with pops, BUT this game NEEDS some controlled, strategic decision making or it's a piss poor execution of one of the all time great themes.
One genuine problem with a lot of games where you can directly select modes is there is a RIGHT answer. I agree that is lame. That's not real strategy, that's tilt forums told me what to do.
And another problem here with GZ style mode selection: those movie clips are long (and cool). It would genuinely suck to flip through selections and then sit through a movie clips.
I don't know what WILL happen, but what they SHOULD do:
First henchman, villain, Q, specter, or bond girl (assuming the later couple matter) is selected via pops, which is not FULLY random, but same as for most of us. When you finish one, the pops still change it BUT you get the ability to short-press the action button and lock in whatever one is up currently until you drain (multipliers should be long press to add a little risk anyway). This would make it practical to work through a movie for a big reward, but the majority of the time your first movie mode is not your fav/the "best." Now you have a real decision - do you take your progress and get that movie finished, or do you risk going after a 'better' movie?
I could really see something along those lines adding some depth and making every game different for all but the top tier players. Especially if there was a smart, progression benefit for completing modes from the same movie, AND a big payoff for for completing everything from a movie (and maybe a smaller, but substantial, payoff just for playing every mode from a movie).

Totally. The reason we care about the mode selection is because this game is finally developing some strategy and it needs more of it. As the game progresses I could only assume this will become more important. If George said it’s not there because it’s not going to be needed, just wait and see, there would be little discussion on it. Saying it’s not there to benefit operator play time is not only a cop out, it feels like a step backwards.

#7623 11 months ago

So we’re doing bbq analogies now? Sweet.

#7631 11 months ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Cycling through them on a tank target or rocket hit would at least make it so you have some control over what is selected.

I like that. The biggest issue with the pops is you are just as likely to end up with the same selection as you went in, and getting it onto the pops is non trivial.

#7668 11 months ago

Still have never seen this alleged power pack Q mode. So confused. So it’s lit orange after the jet pack ends? I’ve seen it flash kind of orange/white for a short time during jet pack but never stays lit.

#7671 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Did you change your jetpack settings? It announces as soon as you hit the left orbit the first time (after hitting the left scoop so jetpack is available) but you can't start it until after jetpack multiball is over.

They are on easy. Don’t recall changing it but possible on code a long time ago.

#7706 11 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Update: power pack mode will NOT trigger if you have Jet Pack set to easy (two shots for first muliti, default is currently extra easy/1 shot). Changed back to factory/extra easy and it triggered right off after JPM like it is supposed to. Did not test other settings.

Thx, yeah that's a bug!

#7719 11 months ago

Welp. Finally got to play power pack by setting jet pack to super easy. Really fun mode.

I’ve also recently realized that if you get all the green shots in jet pack mb before hitting the rocket, they start blinking for double jackpots, which builds towards the rocket value. Many prob know this but if you don’t I think it contributes to making this mode a lot of fun.

#7799 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Sorry, I must have missed it between pitchforks and lack of updates.

We didn’t have a lot to talk about back then. With that said, it’s not worth revisiting

#7922 10 months ago

For the bond girls, it looks like if it's solid it's collected, but you have to use it in that ball or you lose it. If it's blinking that means you've started progress towards it? I assume if you use it or lose it then you can get it started gain on the next ball?

Anyone got all 6 yet, anything cool happen?

#8011 10 months ago

I’m liking the frequency that the 2x comes up and pretty awesome hitting the bird one jackpot for 100m with a 3x+. It’s cool how it makes all the shots go rainbow for a sec. I’m kind of wishing it also lit a shot when a mode running. I love this feature on foo and modes are pretty shot heavy as is. Would create some fun strategy between saving up vs. using it at the low end. Plus with the fact you lose them anyway, would be a fun way to add some value and strategy to using them frequently.

1 week later
#8226 10 months ago

Was having trouble hitting the bond women loop. Realize I had lowered my upper flipper power a long time ago. Back to default and helped.

I’d love to see them do a thing like on Jurassic where hitting 6 combos on the list unlocked an extra ball. Would love to care what the combos are as there are some good ones, but hard to care as is.

1 week later
#8411 10 months ago

If it is complete all 6 of any group, I’d have a hard time thinking they will get to the mode on the stream tomorrow.

#8473 10 months ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
Here it is a new mod for this pinball (all version). You can choose your specific plastic with a red iron Mustang Mach 1 illuminated with a specific lights connected to the GI bulb.
(Diamond are forever)
3 choices :
- Black and Red line
- Black and Gold line
- Yellow and Red line
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08807-mustang-mach-1-with-lights
Enjoy ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks well done, congrats on the launch!

#8496 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I’ve already voiced my frustrations with Q modes so let me make a suggestion to the design team:
*Make it possible to activate a Q mode during a jet pack and Bird One multiball when another mode (eg Henchmen/Villain) is not running/active. This would not only make Q modes stackable with another mode and better integrate them into the game, it would also keep Q modes something distinct and special. Then, for the Q modes that have MBs when completed, there would potentially be a stacking of multiballs to reward completing the Q mode before the JP/BO MB terminates. This would make Q modes special in another way as a stackable MB mode with likewise stackable MB ball save times, targets, etc.

I don’t have the same frustration that has been expressed here but they do run long and are difficult. I think if they were able to be completed quicker it would help but they kind of lock led themselves in on the 5 shots. Maybe a valid shot from each flipper and the timer worked in a way where it was a count time timer that extends with each shot made. This way if you start off bad (which is the most frustrating part because it’s very difficult to catch up) then it just ends and you move on.

If they made it so that completing a Q mode gave you an action button “light any lit shot” for other modes I think that would address the accusations of it being a dead end, as it would serve a purpose and makes sense as a reward for Q gadgets.

#8555 10 months ago

I just moved my machine to the other side of the room. Set it back up to standard angle and it’s doing all these sdtm issues ppl complain about. Then remembered I had it set a few degrees steeper than normal before, and now it’s fine. This game is designed to play fast, if you have sdtm issues try increasing the angle a degree or two.

#8557 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That's the beauty of this layout, if you just flail around you won't accomplish much. You need to get the ball under control -- give it some timed nudges to disrupt the chaos, try a dead bounce, etc. -- then ski pass or trap up, and take a planned, aimed shot. Now you're back in control.

I agree. If you are deliberate with every shot (after knowing the rules well) it really comes together and these modes that feel too hard and not actually as hard as they seem. I like to think GG wanted a lot of the modes to put you in the mind set of being a cunning 00 agent.

#8562 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So honest question, does this pin now have more things to do on it than most other Sterns? Considering how bare-bones it was on release, the code on this thing is now absolutely insane - I cant believe the amount they've put into it so far. To me - this game already has more in it now than in my other Stern machines (Elvira, DP, IMDN, JP). Really outstanding work from the dev team, they've done a bang up job.
Plus theme-wise, people have criticized the licensors, but the game has an abundance of movie clips, the John Barry music is great, and now they've even started to add some of the actual movie theme songs - this might very well turn out to be one of my all time favourite Sterns.
If I have just one wish list item, I'd still like them to have a mini wizard (or maybe even a little hurry up shot/bonus) for completing the Q gadget, villain and henchman for each movie - that would just be so cool.
Just really glad I took a gamble on this game - it's superb.

I'd still consider JP to have more things to do in it (not to mention way more coherently organized at this point), can't comment on the others as I have not owned them. It's not to say that with the 4 more wizard modes and polish that will still be the case. The fossils alone on JP take it to another level that Bond doesn't touch. Also more "things" need to add up to a story arch of some kind. I'd hold off on celebrating the work until it all comes together, right now they are releasing updates that are part of a bigger picture but that picture is very much unclear. Just my opinions, since you asked.

#8563 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Alright guys, I used my lunch break today to test the felt strip fix on the Woman Loop, and it appears to have 100%* fixed it for me. I put an asterisk there because there were two questionable instances, but read on for details.
Note: I'm one of the folks who had success with the felt fix on Rush, though that was also after adding a Magnetic Reed Switch first. On Rush, the MRS improved it but didn't solve it completely, so I added the felt and then it went to 100%.
For Bond, I cleaned the metal wall with IPA and then added an approx 2" strip of narrow furniture felt along the top edge as shown:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
(Looks like I let the end under the ramp slip down a little during installation, but read on, as it still worked.)
This is not visible from the player's perspective unless you're specifically looking through the clear ramp top and between a gap:
[quoted image]
After installing it I played two games, during which I hit the Woman Loop a total of 26 times. Of these, 24 registered perfectly. There were two that were questionable but I believe it was only delayed response due to other active animations. E.g., one time there were animations going and then a second or two later the Extra Ball Lit animation came on, which I believe had been triggered by the latest Woman Loop hit. The other time was when I'd started BJB wizard mode and hit the shot while the opening animation was still going I think.
Your results may vary, but it's definitely worth a try, as it's nearly if not 100% working for me now, where it was more like ~65% with no correction.

So is the idea here that the ball needs to slow down a bit, otherwise the switch doesn't get depressed for long enough?

#8569 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

(This question is regarding the furniture felt in the Woman Loop.) Not necessarily to slow it down -- it's not a length-of-time issue; rather, it's a not-fully-depressed issue. The curve is tight and not far from the flipper, so when the ball goes screaming around that curve, it gets a little airborne and doesn't push the switch down far enough to close it. So in other words, yeah you hit the loop, but it didn't register because the ball literally flew over the switch. The purpose of the furniture felt is to help push the ball back down to playfield level so it rolls over the switch as intended -- that's why the felt is placed high on the wall of the curve. (Some folks have reported turning down upper flipper power has helped; in that case, yes, the ball is moving slower and so it doesn't get as airborne.)
I played several games over the last few days and confirmed the felt is definitely NOT 100% effective; I clearly had two loops that didn't register. But that's two out of probably 100 hits or more. So 98% now vs. ~65% before, is a vast improvement. Obviously the goal is 100% so I may still pursue a complementary fix.
As previously discussed, other potential solutions (like some of us used on Rush) included a Magnetic Reed Switch, or MRS, which is an aftermarket switch that uses an internal magnet to close the switch ... so this way, if the ball is still a little airborne it can still register. Send PM to Sonic to purchase. (On my Rush, the felt + MRS works 100%.) The other fix which seemed to work for a lot of folks was an aftermarket 'lane cover', basically a thin clear plastic (similar to the one atop the villain/henchman ramp) that makes the lane more like a 'tunnel', so the ball HAS to roll over the switch.
In the meantime, the felt is a cheap & easy option which had huge improvement over stock performance for me. Hope that helps!

For sure. I tried my unshielded mrs but it was picking up triggers from the plunge. Def will give this a try.

#8574 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a pretty annoying bug in Stern designs lately. Rush, now Bond...
My Loop is pretty effective stock, but I'd say I'm probably getting 10 percent or so non-registers on the loop. Unlike Rush, it's a pretty important shot, as you want to pump that playfield X up. It's not nearly as bad as the Rush I had, which was probably about 50/50 on whether or not it would actually register.
Stern should probably start using optos or something on these tight loops, as it seems like a standard blade switch ain't cutting it.

GZ has had an issue with the switch to the right of the pop too.

1 week later
#8922 9 months ago

Thanks Flips365 ! After I read your post I jumped right away to unscrew them and put them back together again to see if something changed, but remained the same behavior once I turned it on.
[quoted image]

A while back when I was messing with the drop target springs I had this problem. I had not seated the drop target connector fully. These boards are daisy chained I guess. So you might try confirming other board connectors are fully seated.

#8985 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Literally every idiot in this thread
"you keep saying you are a better player than us!""
Me, zero times in this thread:
"I'm a better player than you."
I know you guys all have extra balls on, whereas I haven't. So I'm trying to figure out if playing endless 6 ball games is the key to Q. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't!
I appreciate learning from you guys that Q is in fact, still in the game. Like I said, I'm going glass off, and getting down to the bottom of this! Just like maybe one day you guys will figure out the perfect mysterious formula of electrical tape, foam rubber, flipper settings, and drop target springs that will perfect the play on Bond.
We are all in this together!

What other games do you own? Bond seems pretty light on EB in my opinion. I don’t really get why you’d turn off EB. I’ve been on a lot of threads for a lot of games and your references to turning off EB is more than the entire lot of them combined.

#9041 9 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about shots changing from one machine to another, I'm talking about the shots being different from day to day on the same machine.

That seems odd. I’m starting to get really good at crazy hard modes like red grant and it’s due to anticipating consistency in ball movement. I don’t understand why you’d be seeing inconsistently but sounds frustrating.

#9052 9 months ago

I sympathize. I really don't think this game is going in the direction that made the most sense: namely, being able to choose movie-themed navigation through its associated henchmen/villains/q/Spectre weapons/Bond girls. As I type this right now, I'm still dumbfounded at how wasteful the decision has been to go the route of making this game just a bunch of random shit that happens.
It seems this design team decided to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I kind of agree here. The bonus sequence is a case in point. I’ve never played a stern game til bond where there is zero correlation to what I did with the bonus count up.

1 week later
#9195 9 months ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Jamaican Teal from Prismatic
Where would you get the powder coat from?
Thank you

Prismatic

#9226 9 months ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I have this issue too. It happens if you hit the ball too hard, it flys over the switch. Same issue happened on my Rush in the upper l;oop, fixed it with a bit of piano wire to keep the ball from getting too airborne.

Yeah, many of us are. When’s the rush mod guy going to step in?

#9261 9 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

How well does the MRS work when the flipper is at the stock 220? I haven't had an issue with the normal switch when I turned down the flipper to sub 200 power.

I talked to Matt about the MRS today. I’ve had experience with them and he’s sending me one. Will report back what I find here.

#9272 9 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Has anyone replaced the upper loop switch with an MRS? Super frustrating to have that not registering sometimes.

CashMoney has had success with it and I am getting one next week. Will let you know how it goes.

#9285 9 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Code question as I am having a gentlemans disagreement with a friend.
If you hit the bond girl, light a multiplier and drain before activating it, You lose the multiplier….correct?

Correct

#9287 9 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for the confirmation. He said it carries over…I was 99% sure as it has never carried over for me. Unless there is a setting for that…which I have not investigated whatsoever.
Carry on with the Bond on a wand issue.

You can only currently turn off blinking lights to carry over. So basically the “unearned” is carried over by default and can be turned off, but the earned never carry over.

#9535 9 months ago

I’ve got the laser if anyone wants to make that file!

IMG_4507 (resized).jpegIMG_4507 (resized).jpeg
#9536 9 months ago

Getting some dms. I’ll do these for $20 shipped if I get enough interest. Will prob do it for myself soon enough but can speed it up if needed. Dm me if you’d like to be included.

#9539 9 months ago

Making some progress. Will let you all know how testing goes. Thx sirlonzelot for the green light to pursue this!

A bit of engineering involved to allow it to use the existing hardware and not affect the ball gate vertical alignment but I think that’s solved for.

IMG_4791 (resized).jpegIMG_4791 (resized).jpegIMG_4793 (resized).jpegIMG_4793 (resized).jpegIMG_4798 (resized).jpegIMG_4798 (resized).jpegIMG_4799 (resized).jpegIMG_4799 (resized).jpegIMG_4801 (resized).jpegIMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
#9543 9 months ago

Here is a link to join the waitlist. We should be able to turn this around pretty quick, just need to do a lot more testing at 220 flipper power before we start shipping it.

https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/bond-girl-loop-fix

Also a sneak peak at another mod we are working on, a link with more info when you click through!

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 9.20.28 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-07-29 at 9.20.28 AM (resized).png
#9545 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

My question is will it work ok without the second screw. The issue is the ball riding up, and my concern is if there isn't enough holding the plastic down the ball will just push the plastic up too. Only reason I hadn't done this sooner in the first place was I didn't really think it would work without a screw holding it on the far side. Just a single screw seems unreliable for the purpose to my mind.

I suspect the ball traveling across many inches of the material will work in conjunction to keep it down. Another option is that I can go 1/8" material instead of 1/16". So far my testing has proven no misfires, but I need to play it for a few more hours before I can say the design is ready.

Also the clear plastic goes under a significant portion of the upper existing plastic, so that acts to hold it down as well.

#9548 9 months ago

Working damn well so far. I don’t think I’ve ever hit the action button so much in a single game. From what I can tell the call is hitting the ceiling here and then bouncing into the switch. Loving hitting the loop at 220 power. Didn’t realize how much more fun it is vs. 180.

I’ll also note that there have been some comments that you can just bend the wire on the switch. I tried that a few times and all I ended up doing was jamming the switch. This seems to be a good alternate solution for those who have suffered a similar outcome.

IMG_4812 (resized).jpegIMG_4812 (resized).jpeg
#9550 9 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Honestly, I have not had so much trouble with my game. I probably experience about 1 miss every 5-6 shots. However, %100 success would be tough to argue against. So, I'd like 1 of these.
Does this slow the ball down, or cause any side effects other than proper switch activation?
I wonder if Stern is concerned at all about this issue on James Bond, Rush, and whatever other games where the ball flys over the rollover switch.

Any misses on that switch just flat out sucks. It’s not slowing the ball down at all from what I can tell. Of course technically it does since it touches the plastic but it’s far from noticeable.

George as flat out said it’s not a problem he’s seen, which is telling in terms of the likelihood they will offer a fix.

#9563 8 months ago
Quoted from Had:

I have been using an almost identical custom plastic in this space with two fixings for the past 3 months. I can notice it slowing down ever so slightly but I haven't missed the switch since adding the plastic.

Yes. It’s been 100% in testing so far. A bit more to go but looking good.

#9566 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I will take one as well. How do I get on the list?

Drop your info here. Thinking by Tomorrow or Tue I'll send an email out to everyone with a link to collect payment info. https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/bond-girl-loop-fix

#9619 8 months ago

Awesome my friends! Already in the cart! Quick question, do you know when you will have the "Bond Shoots Again Mod" available for purchase as well?

May be a month or so, we'll keep everyone posted on that.

#9624 8 months ago

My 007 hasn't had any problems (so far) with the loop shots getting registered. What causes this problem and why does this solve it?
Everything breaks eventually, so I could see getting this mod in position now.

If you have not lowered the speed of your upper flipper (typical recommendations are to go from 220 to 180 to make both shots from the flipper easier to hit) then you may find that the ball is moving so fast it actually lifts away from the playfield and doesn't depress the switch.

I've owned this machine from the get go and have changed the flipper power both to try to make the 2 shots easier to hit (the loop and the ramp) and as of late to help reduce the ball hop over the switch.

But the issue I've found is that even at 180 power the shot still does not register every time. It's a problem because so much is weighted against activating the multipliers. You also miss out on critical shots for many other modes, multiballs included.

Since implementing the fix, I've found that I much prefer the 220 power (as was intended by the design team) and my scores are going way up due to more shots registering and getting more multipliers. My top games are around 1B and now creeping up to 1.5B. It's largely due to the fact that I am now seeing more 4x and even my first 6x mutiiplier! I have not hit 7 yet.

The way it works is that the ball hits the plastic cover and bounces back down into the switch. We've found no visual impact on the ball speed an no geometry of any of the mechanics around that area (including the gate above the plastic) are impacted.

George Gomez, the games designer, has said this is not an issue, but due to the volume of orders we have received, clearly may people are experiencing it. I would say that if you have EVER seen that shot register you probably want one of these, as it registering can very much be the difference between a good and a great game (if you care about that sort of thing).

It's also been said that you can fix this simply by bending the switch. If that works for you, great! But I spent 30 min bending it and then 30 min bending it back because any bending caused the switch to bind for me. Our solution means you don't need to worry about altering a factory part.

Time/ materials / shipping all-in, we are not making anything off this mod, we just wanted to address a problem that clearly no one else has taken the time to officially solve. If you like it and want to support us, check out our other Bond Mod called the "Bond Shoots Again" that I assure you will take your mulitiplier game to another level....of if you have TZ or GZ check out our toppers. All of those are on waitlist but a simple email grab your spot we'll keep you in the loop.

https://www.teppinball.com/store/featured

#9632 8 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Why did you not make it with two holes for both fasteners to hold it down? Seems like this will cause it to rotate.

Then it affects the gate height above, which is already poorly aligned (vertically) from the factory. It’s not going to rotate if you screw it down tightly enough.

#9637 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looking forward to getting the Bond Girl fix. Can’t afford to not register those multiplier shots.

Honored to be a small part of the Iceman’s collection!

#9650 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK, we haven't had a code discussion in a while as it's been a while since the last update. After a month or so of having the multipliers, here's my general assessment:
It's really fun trying to build up your multipliers into Bond, James Bond. That's the general strategy now; build it up to 6 or 7, and start BJB, and cash in.
The problem is it gets REALLY grindy after that. I think part of this is that it's really easy to light Bond Girls the first time around, but after that, it gets much more difficult. The trick is to make the game fun AFTER BJB as well.
I don't see why they make the multipliers so much more difficult to light after the first go. If these are going to be part of the game, they should be part of the whole game, not just the first third of your game or whatever. This would make the second half of a good game a lot less grindy and a lot more fun, as you can continue to multiply scores during modes or other multiballs.
But in general, the goal needs to be to make this game more fun and less grindy after BJB, and after you've shot your first big multiplier load. I'm sure they can do it. The game is coming along nicely and I think most of us are enjoying it. The pitchforks are dull and dusty.

Not a retort, just continuing the thread…my favorite thing about this game is that every shot is building towards something, I don’t think that’s the case with most games. They do need to have a value add for clearing all modes in a particular movie, and I don’t think it should be more modes.

#9664 8 months ago

All they have to do is make it increment each time. If this mode had a 2nd to last shot worth 25 mil and a last shot worth 50 mil, how sweet would that be. This Bond (pinball) classic deserves a royal treatment

Quoted from LesManley:

I finished Q's Ring last night and got a whopping 10.1 million points total. Needless to say as is, I won't be trying to complete that mode anymore. It'll be a timeout for me from now on like Power Pack.

#9738 8 months ago

Bond GULF (Girl Upper Loop Fix) cutting underway. Still planning to get 10 out tomorrow and the rest next week.

IMG_4969 (resized).jpegIMG_4969 (resized).jpeg
#9932 8 months ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Fascinatingly enough, after dozens of SAMs and Spike2's I had my first confirmed coil itself failure on a ~5k play GOTG I picked up a cpl wks ago. I have several games with more than that and haven't had a coil failure- but indeed, stern/spike based coils CAN fail.
I do think OPs issue is a connection issue:
a molex, solder, or node board connector.

Sounds like a code issue

#9933 8 months ago

All Bond Girl Upper Loop Fixes are shipped as of today. If you don't have a tracking code hit me up. Thanks everyone for jumping in...it was quite the onslaught but looking forward to hearing about how it works out for everyone.

#9939 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

When I was scanning through your post about installing a sub, I was busily checking your playfield shots to see where you had installed the sub …[quoted image]

Oh, yeah, want to join the 100 others and mention it's from a Roger Moore movie? Guess what, I still love it

#9952 8 months ago

Is anyone aware of any video out there that shows the topper in action with gameplay? Curious to see what the various light shows are.

#9964 8 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Just curious, what flipper power are most folks setting for the upper left flipper in order to consistently hit the Bond girl loop shot?
Gord

I’m liking it at 220. It’s gotta work though.

#9979 8 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Loop lid update:
It's about 99-98% for me. Def missed a couple times last night, but I put about an hour on it with only 2-3 misses noted. This was at 205 with precision flippers, probably roughly equivalent to running at 220 with regs. Had several shots where I looped it 2-4 times in a row and that registered every time; with the rubber/felt added I almost always missed one on a repeat shot due to the increased speed (presumably). I had fiddled with the switch a bit previously, and I'm guessing I just need to tweak that back a tad to get to 100%.
I think I might actually make a quick "how to adjust a microswitch wire" vid later. It's not really as simple as "just bend the wire" most of the time.

Is yours up on the metal all the way around? Not saying it isn’t or this will fix it but just curious. I’ve never seen mine not register and I’ve done a ton of testing. In your original photo it looked like yours might be rotated clockwise a bit. Can’t imagine that would matter but worth exploring.

IMG_5127 (resized).jpegIMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
#9983 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

In this picture, it looks like the clear "lid" is installed on top of the yellow plastic. Shouldn't it be under the original yellow? On top gives the ball an extra 1/8" of room to rise.

It’s under it.

#10024 8 months ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

- Changed the default difficulty setting for starting a Henchmen mode via the side ramp. Default = Easy.
- Added a "Bond Women Multiplier Increase Difficulty After Each Use" adjustment.
Default = NO. Now the default setting keeps the Bond Women Multipliers from progressively
being more difficult to light after each use.
Top one was my idea.
Bottom one is Levi's which I strongly agreed with.
You're welcome!
Man does this design team kick ass!
Scores will start to get crazy now and that's ok.

Def thought of Levi when I saw the Bond Women multiplier change.

#10028 8 months ago

Well 00's, looks like the Bond GULF, aka Bond Loop Lid, aka best mod ever has a bonus feature; for Prem & LE owners the ball get's stuck on top of the plastic (and under the wireform) if you drop the ball from Bond on a Wand too soon. Yay!

But we've got a fix in place! See photos and video at https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ka307k7hcr58url12fxm6/bondgulf_LEPremfix.mov?rlkey=wfiwjrq553xbk1seqtfqzpgat&dl=0

If you have a Prem or LE and want a FREE replacement, please do the following:

1) If ordered on our website, please respond to your order email for next steps. The email came from "[email protected]" if you need to search for it.
2) If you ordered from Pinside, send me a message for next steps.

If you ordered on Aug 9th and after you'll be getting the Prem/LE version by default unless you request the Pro. Going forward (new orders) we'll also ask which model machine you have.

We'll also be reaching out to all customers via email in the next few days.

Big Thanks to Chad S. from discovering this issue. We'll all assume you found it on a ball drain and not a poor hit on the tank target

Photo Aug 11 2023, 8 56 47 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 11 2023, 8 56 47 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 11 2023, 8 59 21 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 11 2023, 8 59 21 AM (resized).jpg
#10047 8 months ago

Thanks for all the messages folks, there are a lot more active people here than I thought!

#10145 8 months ago

Quick update on the Bond Girl Upper Loop Fix / Bond GULF / Loop Lid - I have 3 units out to early customers for review and once they've confirmed a good experience I'll begin sending out replacements. I believe I've responded to everyone in some fashion or another but if you sent a message and didn't get a response let me know.

In other news, my bond topper, which arrived damaged, is being replaced by Stern. So there will be 501 of these now Before you ask, I gotta ship it back...

#10151 8 months ago
Quoted from rickker:

In what way was it damaged?
Taking mine out of the box I would have rated it as 'poorly packed'. (Especially for a $1000 item.)
I felt like there should have been one more piece of styrofoam in the box to better protect it.

Acrylic was cracked on one corner.

#10245 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Got my armor back from the powder coaters yesterday. Jamaican Teal over a chrome base is supposedly what the LE has from Stern. Sure looks good on my premium!
[quoted image]

Looks spot on!

#10354 8 months ago

All bond loop fix fixes have been mailed and all standing orders as well. If you got missed or didn’t get a tracking code HMU

IMG_5403 (resized).jpegIMG_5403 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10614 7 months ago
Quoted from slashfive:

I just played this game for the first time today and it’s phenomenal but I have a question. The button on the lockdown bar was yellow at one point and I kept pressing it and it didn’t do anything. Am I missing something? I understand when it’s pink it’s for the multipliers, also, does anybody know if they’re ever going to have the six playfield inserts for each of the movies light up at some point?

The only action right now for the button (other than launching the ball) is when it’s pink - to activate earned multipliers off the upper loop. If the bond girl is blinking, hit the loop to collect the multiplier. You have to use it on the same ball or you lose it. More solid lit girl inserts mean a higher multiplier and a longer timer.

Yea. It will blink yellow and other colors during some modes, part of the light show. Not ideal!

Other action button uses that have been suggested by the design team include perks earned from Q mode completion and more specifically adding locked balls earned at the rocket lock into other modes. This latter one specifically is a very interesting idea and I think it will add some value to having a prem/le. I’d imagine the pro will still do it, but in the middle of a mode having this ball eject line up the loop shot predictably will be a lot of fun.

#10803 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

No, its just that I personally make the kits (no pawning them off on my employees), and they sorta suck to put together. Once I've made the complete kit(s), I put them up on the PBL site.
I apologize for the chaotic behavior of this product.
Apparently, one of my hobbies is making pinball mods. Yep, it surprises me too.
Terry.

Just don’t let Margaret work on them. She’s too busy offering the best customer support in pinball!

#11088 7 months ago

TBL has things like light 2 bowling balls or light 2 rug modes for mystery awards. I think this would be cool for bond as it would fast track you to at least one of the 4 modes - which we should prob stop calling wizard modes because mini wizard modes are not wizard modes.

#11147 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now we are all going off on tangents and rambling incoherently. We want the game to be like Mike Tyson's punch out now? We want them to completely change the code (not happening) so you can choose your own adventure, despite the fact that they've said its not gonna happen? We want this ruleset to mirror a NES "boss" game rather than a modern pinball machine? This code is almost done folks, none of this shit is gonna happen!
If you want your suggestions to filter over to the folks involved in this game, KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE. Nobody is reading these 5,000 word-salad home brew fantasy opuses.
And try to be realistic or you'll just be disappointed. Just like they aren't going to buy the Goldfinger song, make 5 new EB animations, or go "choose your own adventure," they aren't going to make whatever radical wholesale changes you are suggesting at this point.
There's some decent ideas if you wade through all this stuff but some of you guys are living in fantasyland.

Lol. So you make the rules around here?

#11249 7 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

So funny to see the bond girl loop bricking basically every time they stream this game.
The bond girl loop fix from electric playground (adopted from another pinside genius who posted his prototype in this forum) is the most important mod in the history of pinball.
Tell me Im wrong.

I sure couldn’t live without it We’ll have a handful at expo in October at our booth. Stop by to pick one up if you are there.

#11350 7 months ago

Some photos of the Bond Little Nellie Mod (Corgi) I did a while back when this game was getting slammed DM me if you'd like the file.

Little_Nellie_01 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_01 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02a (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02a (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02b (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02b (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02c (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_02c (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_03 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_03 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_04 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_04 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_05 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_05 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_06 (resized).jpgLittle_Nellie_06 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11544 6 months ago

I personally think they will change the work required to get to the 3 mini wizard modes. They are harder to get to than say Godzilla - terror, monster zero, and planet X - all way easier to get to. In the meantime it would be cool if they changed it to the first 6 of any mode, then the next 6 and then maybe all of one set. Or some flavor of this.

#11549 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyone get annoyed at the left eject?
Improve the flow without affecting the game. Doesn’t hit any switches or score any points just returns to the left flipper cleanly and consistently.
Had this idea, has become a reality by Ypaddave
Just a sizzle of the prototype. Final will be chromed and matches the db5 ramp. More to follow.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Depending on how this “get to 6” thing plays out this could be nice to have. Count me intrigued.

#11711 6 months ago

Very cool how the topper lights up to show you who is up. Uses the IC profile color. Divides into 4 sections if there are 4 players.

Loving this new update. Team killed it on this one.

Can’t tell, can you hit the same skill shot again for another smart missle?

IMG_6314 (resized).jpegIMG_6314 (resized).jpegIMG_6315 (resized).jpegIMG_6315 (resized).jpeg
#11761 6 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Great update.
We still need a reason to complete modes. Yes, the smart missiles are awesome and improve the game dramatically. We're all honeymooning on them; in a week or two you'll all realize that incentivizing finishing a mode with a smart missile...which only helps you finish another mode... actually means there's still no meaningful reason to finish a mode.
Some very simple possible suggestions:
- each mode finished adds a bit to shot values for future modes
- each mode finished adds a big bonus to all other modes from that movie. It could be points, but making the other ones easier to finish (fewer shots) would be better. This would also give you a reason to tap those bricks and swap modes around once you finish one.
- a set menu of different bonuses for mode completion; reward one for first finish, reward two for second, etc.
Also, change the smart missile action button color. Too close to pink. Make it green or yellow so it's very clearly visible out of the corner of my eye, and swapping with flippers will be great. Pink and red are way too close to tell apart in the heat of a game.

Sounds kinda pitchforky…

1 week later
#11961 6 months ago

Hey all. I have about 15 bond loop fixes I need to ship out tomorrow. If you’d prefer to pick it up at expo @ our booth I can refund you the shipping - just shoot me a DM before 12 central. I'll have a handful for Pro and Prem/LE at the show for $15 if you’d like to grab one there.

Would also love to meet some fellow bond owners, please stop by!

3 weeks later
#12309 5 months ago

Hey all, yesterday stumblor and I launched a new web series where we talk mods, and we covered off on our thoughts on 3 highly interactive mods for Bond. Check it out at the 38:30 mark and beyond

Be sure to subscribe if you like. We’ll do this every 2 weeks.

#12352 5 months ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

Got a new grand champ tonight and broke a billion for the first time ever!!! Previous best was 608M, still haven’t gotten a wizard other than Bond…James Bond.
[quoted image]

Nothing wrong with that backglass shot

#12368 5 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

So on the Bond girl loop I went from 25% registering to 50% when I installed the “Bond girl loop fix”. After being very frustrated with 50%, I raised the play field to figure that thing out tonight. Wasn’t as big and scary as I had it made out to be in my mind. Made a couple of bends in the wire and Bam! 100% registering every time. Then I proceeded to get 7x twice and dropped my first 4bil. Don’t be afraid to raise the playfield.

Glad you figured it out. Sounds like yours needed some extra love. For anyone not getting 100% from the fix it might be due for some further adjusting.

1 week later
#12552 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I haven’t tried dialling it down yet, will give that a go.

Thanks for showing the underwater scene lit up. There’s a few pro owners like myself who did the pinball life mod but are underwhelmed by the lighting. Is that just with the flasher going off? Or is there gi as well under there. Could I ask a favour if it’s not too much trouble and take a photo under there some time to show the light sources for the underwater scene? If I’m being too much of a pain, that’s fine if you don’t!

I was surprised by the photo too. Mine stock is not that well lit. Either it’s been modified or just happened to be a good photo caught at the exact peak of the lighting, or it was the angle.

1 week later
#12694 4 months ago

Got the chance to play MXV @ Pincinatti with and somehow made it out on top! Won a signed translite. Super cool, great guy.

Couple tidbits - some news to me - each spectre weapon will feature a unique perk, and the harder the mode is to finish (some require many shots, some require just one) the better the perk will be. I really like how the spectre weapon is picked so looking forward to this.

I also told him I’d love to see a perk or bonus for reaching a certain number of combos. Fingers crossed.

Nope, didn’t ask about more bond women video or bring up our Bond girl loop fix

Also big thx to chuckwurt for putting on the event. Good times

IMG_7563 (resized).jpegIMG_7563 (resized).jpegIMG_7557 (resized).jpegIMG_7557 (resized).jpegIMG_7570 (resized).jpegIMG_7570 (resized).jpegIMG_7552 (resized).jpegIMG_7552 (resized).jpegIMG_7555 (resized).jpegIMG_7555 (resized).jpegIMG_7573 (resized).jpegIMG_7573 (resized).jpeg
#12721 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about just be transparent with your customers and answer the simple questions?
The Bond 60th LE steal/deception is long gone. It’s not the same need to cover up what’s not in there. A $7k pin at best.
Maybe they are gonna launch the Goldfinger LE edition before Xmas.
Doesn’t matter. Keep it up watch what happens

I worked with a company many many years ago on a video game and a princess in a bikini was off limits, never to be used again in any license deal. The point is that sometimes companies decide to move on from specific elements in a story. If that’s the case here, it’s not Stern’s position to be clarifying what they have the rights to use and why. The rights might have been carte Blanche with caveats - which based on my experience at least, is not surprising at all.

#12723 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you serious.
This is James Bond. Not Disney
No offense but what does a princess in a bikini have to do with an iconic brand that spans decades.
That’s ridiculous.

Just sharing information. I think it’s pretty relevant to the topic.

#12833 4 months ago

Who knew a mod would be sexier than bond women videos?!? Super excited to join the cheaters club. Nice work gumnut01

IMG_7589 (resized).jpegIMG_7589 (resized).jpegIMG_7590 (resized).jpegIMG_7590 (resized).jpegIMG_7591 (resized).jpegIMG_7591 (resized).jpegIMG_7593 (resized).jpegIMG_7593 (resized).jpegIMG_7594 (resized).jpegIMG_7594 (resized).jpeg
#12836 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks Rob! Credit has to go to Ypaddave for actually getting my prototype into the beautiful
Mod you have there. He’s the artist.

I’ve seen his TZ work. Amazing stuff. Making habitrails is serious work, but the coil housing is even more impressive imo.

There is a lot of bang for your buck here. With that said 100% respect if it’s not folks thing. The reality is tho, the only high score that matters is the one in your house, and if it’s in the machine it’s an even playfield.

#12862 4 months ago
Quoted from CYUniversal:

Hello agents Open all007 James Bond Pinball: Topper or True Elegance?
Variety of Toppers in 007 James Bond
There should be a variety of 007 toppers for customization.
The Charm of the Original Topper
The original topper is sufficient to capture the essence of the Bond theme.
No Topper for this Secret Agent
Absolutely! Let the machine's original allure speak for itself.
Undecided, Show Us what you got!
Can't decide yet! It all depends on how cool the design is! ‍♂️

Curious about that horizontal orange strip across the top front.

1 week later
#13117 4 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've seen that mentioned and I'll probably end up going that way.

2-3 layers of Mylar does the trick. A felt pad would feel too abrupt imo.

#13119 4 months ago

That’s good. I guess if it’s narrow enough. Either way doesn’t need much.

1 week later
#13382 4 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Anyone have a better fix for the right side loop shot registering the ball consistently as a shot? I used the extra slingshot plastic and a piece of foam under the ramp to hold it down and it works keeping the ball on the playfield and rolling over the switch, but it looks tacky and if you get an airball up there the ball will be stuck on top of the plastic.

#13396 4 months ago
Quoted from serranot:

That awards two smart missiles at the beginning of every ball. There is no action on your part other than using the missiles if you choose.

I think it awards 2 right away too.

#13504 3 months ago

Pretty quiet around here…anyone know of any good game altering mods I should check out?

#13508 3 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I'll stir it up . People rave about the Bond topper (which I own and think is fantastic), but I just got my Turtles topper and I think it's even better. I'm an 80's kid, so the theme wins it for me! And who doesn't like a Technodrome with a moving eye? I hear there's a kickass GZ Topper out there that's even better...

You’d love my bond topper idea. Maybe one day.

Aston_Martin_DB5_1632217679047_1632217683238 (resized).jpegAston_Martin_DB5_1632217679047_1632217683238 (resized).jpeg
#13510 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks Rob for such a great Mod Show!
In Before The Lock episode 4.
Best mod of 2023
https://www.youtube.com/live/kCg4EB0gDRA?si=ThxCQaAxUaL2o4ga

The Jerry ramp never stood a chance!

#13543 3 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Getting the insert lit. I’m decent at Pinball, and I’ve yet to light a movie insert. I’ve had bond for about seven months.

I’d bet if there was enough value in it you’d find a way. If it’s left to chance yeah, very unlikely.

#13546 3 months ago

I’ve been playing a lot of LOTR (Gomez game) lately, and man those modes are tough as any on bond and I sure as hell don’t find myself with 4 smart missiles ever.

I love the feature but I do kind of like the idea of a few things staying very hard to achieve on bond. Having a mode like valinor in LOTR adds so much value to the owner experience IMO, I’d like to see at least one mode on bond stay extremely hard to reach.

#13566 3 months ago

Just dropped in Little Nellie. Shoots so much better now.
[quoted image]

Guess you won’t need that loop fix now?

1 week later
#13794 3 months ago

As I get better at game really thinking it needs a time bonus for finishing modes. I killed db5 tonight. 32 seconds left, would be great to be rewarded for that like Godzilla does. Also adds more strategy to using the smart missles and bonus multiplier.

#13858 3 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sigh
Ok getting back to actually talking about the game for real then - what's left to take this to 1.0? It has modes and multiballs galore, and everything seems pretty solid. Without a (very unlikely) slight revamp of the structure to incorporate the movie inserts more what are people expecting to round this one off and make it complete? Just the final wizard mode?

Just odd the top of my head, that I care about at least

- final wizard mode (promised)
- something meaningful for completing movie inserts
- time bonus for completing modes
- swipe a ball thing (promised)
- way more information on screen and/or in status (I.e. Q gadget progress, movie mode, Bond girl progess, etc)
- perks for other 2 spectre weapons
- a few more integrations of bond on a wand (I.e. a mode where you need to drop it in the pops)
- better mystery awards (promised)
- a more coherent end of call bonus (promised)
- ability to launch around the loop after a ball lock (promised?)

#13861 3 months ago

What’s the story with caring about flipper speech? I’d personally rather it not have it or have the option to turn it off. Granted it’s because I like to tinker with my machines while on long conference calls

#13879 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I just think collecting all 4 is so ridiculous tough to do that it’s a waste of space on the playfield. I’ve seen 2 movie lights lit ever and I’ve seen probably 8 or 9 billion point games. It’s useless in my opinion. Especially with the only way to select them is with the bumpers, it’s so hard to get the movie that you want.

I set out to do all of 1 the other day and did it on my first game. I don't know if you are saying you've played 8 or 9 games to 1B or have 8-9B games, but I have topped out at 4B, and all my high scores are 2B and I've done it a few times. So nothing crazy in terms of my skill level. I don't think it's really that hard and it's kind of fun, short of there being little incentive to do it at the moment.

I'm really happy with how this game has taken my ball control to another level, I don't personally feel like being all cunning like Bond and knocking out a single movie is nearly as hard as everyone is making it out to be.

Also some things could be done to help, i.e. mystery awards light a mode as played, ball starts with last movie insert selected played or closest move insert to being finished selected, etc. etc.

Just my opinion, I can certainly see how early players on this game might think this is too hard. Hell I could barely hit the left scoop or the right loop when I first started playing, and now I consider those easy shots. Just have to put in the time to get a feel for it.

#13882 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

No, it’s not easy even for advanced players. I guess if you are really determined to light a movie you can keep throwing it into the bumpers and hope it lands on goldfinger or whatever but it’s a crap shoot, unless you hit all 6. But to get all 4 intentionally isn’t hard per se it’s just a pain in the ass and a useless task at this point. It honestly rarely happens for anyone that I know that plays.
I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone going for movie lights on purpose, there isn’t anything to incentivize it.

The bond women do stay lit from ball to ball (once activated) if you have a movie insert lit, but I don't think that's incentive enough to actually go for it.

Also the goldfinger target changes them, not just the bumpers. That is far more specific than throwing it up in the bumpers and pretty safe IMO.

Here is an incentive, first person to do it on ball 1 and post a photo in the thread, I'll send them a free TEP T-Shirt
https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/tept1

#13939 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Dude it’s going to be months. I bet we won't see it until at least March.

Why do you bet that?

#13944 3 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Shoutout to pinbrawlers on these sweet flipper button wear protectors! I kinda pitched the idea to him of a ppk and I think they turned out great. Super easy install too! He packed em great, and material finish matches pretty well.

Looks good on the yellow!

#14018 3 months ago

Man. This thread is going to eat this custom code up. Can’t wait!

#14040 88 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've been working on the match scenes and finally have the style I want just for the damn word "Match". Still have to create ten more videos for 0 - 90.
I tried to work in Thunderball by Tom Jones because of the one line, "Every women he wants he gets", since it ties in with the Bond girl match theme I've decided on.
A View To A Kill has been working for my pinball ears as the brief 10.5 seconds I have for match audio. Here's something fun I made and my wife forbade me to post it. Happy Friday!

Here come the Roger Moore haters!

#14162 82 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Playtesting notes from this evening:
Someone in this thread wanted more Thunderball. (every-fucking-one), so I added Thunderball, albeit you needed to work and hear it in Q Branch Attache Case , which is pretty deep.
Still there in Q Branch when you make you make the five loops. But you demanded Thunderball, so it needs to be easily accessible, right?
Now Thunderball plays during Jetpack Multiball!
Another change...After playtesting, the Goldfinger song was too short if you're a good player. So now when that mode switches to the Laser Crotch video, you'll hear the Goldfinger song....instead of WAAAAAAH..WAAAAH.....over and fucking over

IMG_8214 (resized).jpegIMG_8214 (resized).jpeg
#14163 82 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

[quoted image]

Lol. Fail. robin can we get some gif support around here?

2 weeks later
#14536 63 days ago

All those upsidedown apron photos. I feel whoosy. Glad that is over...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=rob3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.