IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I swear Gomez stated in a stream that the licensor was quick or something to that affect. So, it just seemed a bit odd that people were saying hardly any music was in the code. For a machine that was delayed for the queens passing. Seems like they are really struggling. I don’t know, maybe I’m just starting to get impatient and just want to get my own impression on the machine.

They likely have approval of things that aren't programmed yet, this all takes time. So they might have lot of movie clips, audio, music, etc ready approved, but its just not in the current code yet and being still implemented.

Quoted from glasairpilot:

This LE reminds me of GBLE. Sold out quickly, but then everyone complained about the code, etc. Resale was at original cost and sometimes below. Today they bring 2-3x original coat. Be interesting to see what a NIB 007LE will be in 5 years. Mine might just stay in the box.

Eh to be fair this pretty much applies to like every game recently? All these Sterns that would be sitting in dealers inventories for weeks/months unsold, readily available and even sold used at discounts, now with the pinflation period and once they are discontinued, you got these former turkeys selling for 2-4k over original asking. In a couple months once last run is done, we will see TMNT going for way beyond asking when dealers have had stock sitting around left and right.

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:You are in fort Lauderdale. I highly recommend going to glitch bar. They have 8 games. Last time I was there they had
GZ PRO
IMDN PRO
MANDO PRO
RUSH PRO
LED ZEP PREM
DEADPOOL PRO
AIQ PRO
STTNG
Note two of the games are up front, other 6 are in the back in a separate room, ask for the code for the back room at the bar.

Glitch has Bond Pro now. They took out Mando, Led Zep and STTNG. They got instead Star Wars Pro, Stranger Things, Black Knight Revenge, and TNA now also

3 weeks later
#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes but lately Stern LEs have been selling above market price even used. Pretty much everything except Halloween. Below market on NIB didn’t expect to see. Maybe because there are 1,000 some buyers will be desperate by the time they receive them in this economy? Plus JJP LEs are 5000 so that’s hard to hold price above new when it’s used and they’re still making them

The prices are really getting ridiculous and it seems to be showing with how slow some of these units are moving. So many pins out there, limited space, so much competition, and just increasing prices, I think we are starting to see a slow down in general.

1 month later
#3727 1 year ago

Such a simple thing the bond women multiplier idea, they already know what it will do, yet it somehow isn't in the game. Assume something so simple like that is being held up with asset approval on how they will be adding in the ladies.

#3741 1 year ago

Soooo new code soon? Gonna be almost a month now

#3744 1 year ago

PanzerKraken i think it’s been 18 days now. But who’s counting right.

Well that last one was a bug fix release tho

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I Never finish a mode... Too hard and not interesting. Professor dent seems to be just impossible !

Problem with modes to me is that they require too many shots in too little time. Either cut down on some of the shots required or give players more time.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've heard 2 weeks away for a new drop.

Well there goes that whole idea of them getting out code quicker that Gomez mentioned

#3832 1 year ago

They got lot of stock building up at dealers and a new run already in April. It's in their best interest to improve the game cause it's new and they want their cornerstones to sell for years. Dealers still got stock laying about and it's not good that a new rush of inventory is gonna come in soon already. Clearly for a new release they probably expected it to sell better. So they have every reason to work on this and get the game up to snuff.

As for waiting it sucks, but we had to wait over 7 months for a decent code drop for Halloween recently. So if they can at least keep updates every month, that's not terrible. But they do need to improve the quantity of content in these updates.

#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Part of the problem is Bond 60th having 1.0 code or whatever it is and Foo coming out playable already.Who is working on this,finish something.
Housegument I have walls wheres my floor and roof.You got Your 13k plus .Fortunately I have complete games to play but really running out of space for 13k projects Mr Gomez

The 60th also probably took away resources if they are having to deal with licensing and if that's already a pain, they are having to coordinate two different products as well as approvals for two machines. As Gomez noted they got new music in 60th which is coming to the Cornerstone too, so they had to go and get that approved, so if it's taking a long time to work with the licensors then yea they are splitting resources.

Not so much them going slow, but probably having licensors telling them "no" on their ideas, forcing them to change and resubmit over and over. Then if there is problems with not allowing them to stack assets of different films, that probably was not in their original designs, so back to drawing board.

I think it's clear there is a serious unexpected roadblock with the IP holder

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

The only thing I'm annoyed with so far are the Q gadgets as well. The gameplay on all of them is more then likely going to be identical... so wtf? why aren't they just all done by now. Get Q, shot glowing ramps/etc, success.... rinse repeat.
--chris

It's probably asset approval since each involves movie clips. Same reason we seem to not have Bond Women implemented

#3977 1 year ago

This new code update must be huge. Right? RIGHT?

#4024 1 year ago

So my buddies Pro model, the left speaker seems to crackle on higher outputting sound bites, and they don't have their volume super high. Some things sound find but then in certain modes or sounding moments, it's very tingy sounding (word?) and crackles. Also the pop bumpers really create a crackling sound and almost sounds like the pops are rattling something in the cabinet that feels/sounds like it's near the flippers even. It's really weird sounding machine

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Swap out the speakers, super easy and made a big difference for me over the junky stock Sterns. I found the thread below to be one of the best guides:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

Yea sounds like a similar issue to what we are hearing. Any good recommendations of good cheap speakers to replace the stock sterns?

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

My guess is that they are not selling at all. The LE's that are for sale are getting no interest, even at heavily discounted prices. The Premiums being resold also seem to need a significant discount.
I suspect it will hurt Stern, because distrubotrs don't have endless cash that they can tie up in games. If the Bonds are just sitting there with little hope of moving it makes it harder for them to buy extra FF's and other games. Supposedly Stern is running more Premiums and Pros in April... so this is about to get interesting.

Local dealer has quite a few NIB that haven't moved since the last run, and more coming in April already. They have had several traded in already and it's taking time to move too. It's all the same comments, the code is so bare bones. But prices are down for sure cause these are not moving.

Stern needs to give a damn and push the code cause they want this to be a corner stone and after it's initial run the demand has completely dried up. Retailers are gonna get more stock that wont move in a few weeks. This is meant to last a few years on market, they need to turn around the opinion and reviews of the game soon.

#4347 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lonnie and "soon" don't go together. Bond's time since release (119 days) is still a couple months away from Lonnie's fastest code to 1.0 that didn't LAUNCH with 1.0 or above (175 days, GotG) and not even half done by my estimate. We're looking at late May before it starts to shape up, and a 1.00 in late summer or fall. Long road to go.
[quoted image]
Tim (131) and Dwight (157) have the best average time to 1.00, with generally good to great code.

I think timing is more of an issue right now. Their new cornerstone landing with a thud and heavy code complaints, slow updating, all while Stern is already putting out a new cornerstone getting tons of attention, folks trying to dump the machine now. Huge influx of competition is forcing trades

Don't expect miracle but Gomez said they were gonna speed up updates and now we've seen the opposite.

Maybe they will surprise us and next update will be a big one.

#4350 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

not to get ahead of ourselves, more of a general question, but when is a code considered mature i.e. when do updates slow/stop coming? at some point do they stop entirely? I assume at some point they go from bi-weekly to monthly to annually to never?

Well all the modes should be at least programmed in the game to be "mature". Currently a bunch of stuff on the playfield does nothing at all. The entire bond women row and feature does not work. Majority of the Q gadgets are not in the game. No wizard modes.

#4372 1 year ago

The premium is not worth it at all. Bond on a wand, whatever. The art package is only real upgrade.

#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. No. Maybe. It was like 7 years ago who the Hell remembers?
Bond code sucks. Bond code is coming along slow. Whether that changes really has nothing to do with what happened on code on some game 7 years ago.
Everybody wants to crack the code and solve the mystery but there are no clues or words of reassurance we can offer. Only praying this hot fucking mess gets better.

Yea the past is past. We are spending big money on these machines and if we aren't happy with them, I mean, what do we care about the past history? Reason why folks are quick to just dump a machine, trade it in, and get something else till they are happy. Code complaints aren't going to go away cause of history of other games, code complaints exist because the code sucks.

#4418 1 year ago

Everyone who plays it seems to love the shots and how smooth it is, cause it really is a good shooter, they all really like it. It's just when you put time into it and learn the game it shows it's warts and how limited it is. It's a solid designed game with so much potential.

Quoted from Psw757:

It’s one of the tougher games I’ve played due to how many times you have to make these difficult shots.
Grant for example, I think that has to be almost impossible to complete.

I think it's a little too difficult, the modes could be better designed and timed really.

#4421 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

This is a strange game to me. I love playing it (and I do not know why), but I am baffled by the video clip montages. Is it the point of the game to do special shots in order to watch a clip from the film? Some of the clips relate better than others. Some are really long and this creates a real start/stop gameplay.

Thats part of the code jank folks hope gets fixed up, cause really it's just playing long clip of footage with no real context or reasoning behind it. Halloween for example in the modes as you hit targets will play clips that advance the scenario as your playing through part of a movie. Godzilla is similar with clips related to a kaiju battle and how your doing in it. Ultraman is same with scoring hits being Ultraman hitting or attacking the kaiju. In Bond it's just weirdly chosen clips that just feel like there is zero editing done to them, just let them play.

The Dr No Henchmen mode, where you watch the slow entry scene, as he's given a spider, it's just so pointless for a pinball

#4462 1 year ago

Maybe it's like Spooky who lost their programmer for Halloween and UM and had to bring in someone new. We had to wait nearly 7 months for a real code update.

Maybe someone new would be beneficial to the game if it is the programmers fault.

But seriously they need to give us something soon. If they put out a code update this week or next and it's like "we added one new gadget"......

#4509 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am sure he is not embarrassed in the slightest. I am sure he is staying positive and focused.
Gomez knows the code will take a couple of years to develop.
Are you an owner and/or fan of the game?

He's supposed to be selling a product, and the bad code is clearly having an effect. Almost every dealer is sitting on unsold bonds, and they got another run coming up real soon. This is bad for the game and stern in general. They need to show effort and make a difference to get these machines moving. I don't think anyone at Stern will be happy with "the code will be better in a couple years" when distributors stop wanting to buy the game. So many trade ins already at our local shop, and they got at least 3 NIB sitting there now for a long time. I know the other big dealer in the area also has NIB Pros and Prem in stock. Just going through almost every online pinball shop the game is readily available in stock and ready to ship. Not a good look in the current pin environment and a brand new highly hyped release. It's wayyyy to soon for the demand to crater on the machine.

All these new titles being announced is also going to decrease the attention on bond and probably entice even more folks wanting to dump the game for something else.

The "code will mature" thing is normal, but folks are clearly unhappy and that should take priority to a business.

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Unfortunately Lonnie gives no fucks.

Stern surely does. If Lonnie gives none, then fire him and put someone else on the code.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

This is where I was going the other day. Stern has Bond Pro and Premium on the schedule right behind Foo Fighters which has massive demand. If "almost every distro is sitting on Bond stock in hand," then who are these builds going to?
Simply doesn't add up. Either the distro landscape isn't what's being suggested or Stern are complete dimwits from a business perspective? Do we really think they're going to do an entire run of Pros and Premiums and find themselves surprised that they have zero distro orders for them?
Not saying it couldn't happen but if it does, they have way way bigger problems than the rate of Bond code updates.

Distros set up orders months in advance, also why the production schedules are set up way in advance too, these are expensive machines that need commitments. Many have orders for stuff like Godzilla, Deadpools, Iron Maidens, etc way in advance. Bond just launched, they likely expected it to do better, and some distros/dealers likely put in orders for more units soon after launch as well. Can that change? Of course. Why is bond being made so soon? Because it's their new cornerstone, they already follow them up fairly quick with new production runs. They likely never expected dealers to be sitting on stock still at this point. Literally just look around at the dealers locally. Look at the online stores. The game is available pretty much everywhere, that means stock is sitting there after so much time since the last run of the product. This isn't imaginary product.

Now the problem is many distros and dealers likely already put in orders months in advance for future waves, they probably didn't expect the product to not have sold after all this time. Course notice many are offering free shipping now also, from dealers who normally don't offer this. They need to move inventory, cause they probably got more coming.

This isn't new for high priced items with the way they are sold and turn around times. The problem will be apparent down the line as distros wise up and simply cut their orders or basically not want any.

#4538 1 year ago

I mean its funny that the social media post about the Foo Fighters code is like 40% people asking about Bond code lol

#4599 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

They must at least do something in time for TPF right?

Of course they are... it's called releasing Foo Fighters.

No one cares about Bond right now, all attention on Foo

#4604 1 year ago

Sharpening the forks. Lets get this party started

#4618 1 year ago

Can we add stern to the scammer website/seller post?

#4715 1 year ago

I don't think communication matters really, what all we ask for is just some code and a complete game. The little additions with the code so far have not been much or very satisfying. And the long periods of time it's taking is making it worse. If they were delivering code as they said on a quicker pace and just kept adding on a regular basis, then folks would be happier, but now we've had the biggest gap yet, and this after being told it would speed up. I suspect that new code comes, folks will still not be totally happy, cause the anger has built up now, all while they see all these hot new games coming out and more robust codes being deployed.

We don't need communication, we need solid progress on code

#4753 1 year ago

It needs more music variety bad

#4758 1 year ago

Getting in all the modes in is important, and assume their main goal. But then it's also making it all gel together better. Still game is missing alot, so really need to see them at least filling out the crap that's listed on the PF.

If this new update coming out is just them adding like one new mode.... this is going to take a long long time

#4842 1 year ago

I got a hankering for some pitchforking

#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Relax it's only Tuesday!!

Pitchfork Tuesdays!

#4854 1 year ago

TPF pitchfork squad, find Gomez

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Same thing he always says: “Two weeks”
I highly doubt licensor approval would need to be obtained to balance the scoring or make the up post not release mid scene.
At this point, the whole clusterfuck is pure entertainment and comedy for me. I have a Foo LE incoming and will never again purchase any pin with Lonnie or Gomez involved. Not worth the hassle.

Priority if anything is to release code with new content since so much is missing. They don't want to be releasing code constantly either, it's a pain for everyone so they do need to space it out, but they need to have meaty content also in the updates. Just update for some scoring stuff alone is not going to get pitchforks put away.

#4887 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Track record says this particular team is the issue and licensor is just the easy excuse for them, Jmho

It really is probably a mix of both. A bad combination of factors

#4889 1 year ago

I realize it's happened only without me noticing, but what is the Goldfinger target that triggers the spectre weapons? I never noticed what I did to start it and for the life of me have no idea what target they are speaking of

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:OK people, sum weird shit just happened with my PRe.The knob flashing on the lift bar just started working!!Now,I can start a game, and shoot with it!!Anybody else???

It's always done that?

#4946 1 year ago

Do you know how many pitchforks I can get for $750?

#4978 1 year ago

So if nothing tomorrow, we riot right?

#4989 1 year ago

They are adding in wizard modes before finishing adding in basic playfield modes that are missing? Seriously?

Mentions 4 new background tunes. New themes added? Generic Bond themes? Wonder what that is.

#4993 1 year ago

If that is new music for the background, then that already makes this a good update

#4997 1 year ago

How the bond women isn't in the game is just ridiculous. Only can imagine it's being held up by them wanting to create full on presentations with video of the ladies as they are introduced, but still they could at least put it in the game with the current girl flash cards they have and allow players to activate

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm not sure I would have worded it that way....

I mean it's in character: https://media.tenor.com/zUXmdajiQuAAAAAC/james-bond-slap.gif

#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So we are still stuck with 2 of 6 fucking Q modes?
Really pathetic Stern and gang.

.01 update increments, it seems that they plan to really drip feed update the game at this point with one new feature per update, and some random fixes. The Q gadgets alone will get it to .92 ....?

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m a pretty reasonable person and didn’t expect all 4 to be added right now but how about 1?
Mini wizard mode is still difficult to get to so there is really not much new here that you will see in the average game. Maybe some additional music.

I agree, they should be focusing on the basic main modes first. Get all Q gadgets in, get the Bond Women feature to do SOMETHING. Before Wizard modes. But I guess they are trying to add something to appease those who feel they tapped out on the game already, and need something to achieve instead.

#5011 1 year ago
Quoted from jehdukeegr:

All this seems to point to continued licensing issues... My code is updating now so we'll so what the "new" music is... the Moby song is modern, so perhaps easier to incorporate than original/older Bond content?

They already got approval for it for use in the 60th game, so probably easier to add it then.

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I do hope I'm wrong but I honestly think the Bond girl "flashcards" are all we are getting. Would be nice if they actually worked though

If so it makes it even stranger that the feature isn't in the game, it's just a multiplier you activate. Only thing I can imagine is that when you hit the action button, it's meant to trigger the lit bond girl you have collected, which would play an intro or video for said bond girl. If licensing is an issue, imagine this could be a reason as they would need to have the assets for every girl done and approved probably to do it, so it's going to be more work to implement.

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

What is all this “Bond, James Bond” stuff ?

The new mini wizard mode

#5100 1 year ago

So folks whining about the Moby thing, what are the other 4 tunes they added?

#5107 1 year ago

The new music for the background is great. Can't place where they are from but seems to be an assortment of instrumental bond music from various films.

#5134 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How is bond James bond mode mini wizard activated ?

You have to have triggered jetpack MB, Bird 1 MB, and one henchmen mode, and one villain mode. Then you can start the mini wizard mode

#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Code is moderately better and I'll update my rating.
I figured out what is bothering me about this game (aside from code). James Bond is freaking cool. My parents think he is cool. My grandparents think he is cool so the cool factor goes across generations. However, this game isn't about Bond, it's about the villains. Excepting Jetback Multiball, almost all of the footage and quotes are from other people Bond is fighting... people we are supposed to not like. There is almost no James Bond in this. I should be hearing quotes of Bond mocking the villains, not the villains talking to each other about how they should fight Bond.

They need more Connery call outs and lines

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Just played a few games on location to test it out and it definitely is a nice upgrade which stands out to me.
The most is the music is a lot better than just that repetitive James Bond thing. I’m glad they added some different tracks. Seems to go well with the game I love how it only takes one shot to trigger jet pack multi ball now that is awesome.
I also like how it’s not that hard to start mini wizard mode. It’s doable for even crappy players like me.
You’re right she has more lines than bond does.
I’m only two steps away from the slammer.
Does it say you’ve triggered wizard mode when you triggered it? Or how does the game let you know you’re in it

The moby version of the Bond theme plays when you trigger the wizard mode

#5148 1 year ago

I only got one game in this morning but was surprised when I started Jet Pack Multiball... So it wasn't a fluke? One orbit shot to start a multiball? I thought Deadpool's multiball was easy...

The readme says it's two shots I thought?

#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm wondering if that's temporary, just to up the fun factor for potential customers at TPF and elsewhere. Make it easy to showcase something cool, to draw your attention away from everything that's still missing.

No it's common for them to make some elements easier on their games with updated code. They made like the first Kaiju battle super easy in Godzilla. They just want players to get to the fun faster, it helps get folks excited and want to keep playing.

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The others are added in though aren’t they or was Connery’s voice in the Moby song too?
I can’t decide if I like the music changes or not. On want hand it’s refreshing to have some variety but on the other hand i know it isn’t period correct and can’t get the classics out of my head that should be there.
Hopefully when PB cracks .88 we will find that we now have options with a track for each ball.
The mini wizard is a fun mode, nice add!

The music is accurate, only one of the 5 new tunes is not exactly period specific, and it's for a wizard mode

#5173 1 year ago

I think all anyone wants is them to consistently update. They were doing about once every 4 weeks or so, but after the last update they had said they were speeding up to quicker updates... yet then we got the biggest gap in code releases. If they can do like a 3 week regular update, then I think folks would be happier.

#5198 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Why is there a song from the late 1990s in machines with Dr No, You only Live Twice and Thunderball themes? WTF.

I think it's fine, but perhaps they should consider doing like what they did with Godzilla, where you can choose an alternate song/track when you get to MB so you don't hear the same song over and over

#5203 1 year ago

Deadflip is streaming the new code right now. It sounds like George might be going on the show also possibly? Maybe he will talk the code developments

#5204 1 year ago

They just said that they hope to have another update code release next week already

#5207 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Gomez just mentioned $750 tank guy on the stream lol. Said the flames will bust off first ball strike

Yea he's mentioned this thread a few times lol. I lol'd at tank talk.

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

It was hard for me to hear any specifics of the next code update.
Did anyone pick up what will be in next update?

Sounded like all the skillshots should be added by next week. Also there will be combo code added in.

#5212 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Same here! He talked about some new combo rules and new Q’branch i think.

Dont think he said new Q stuff yet, but was acknowledging that only two modes work right now and how folks were sick of hearing the Q Ring lady.

#5215 1 year ago

Gomez bringing up the licensor requiring them to play the clips used in order, and not allowing the chopping up of scenes, which seems confirm and explain some of the odd scene choices which just play out as they do.

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I think the theme songs should play as the background music in the villain modes at minimum. Maybe some already have some instrumental themes, can't remember. Sure some themes are slow paced, but so is the music that is already there in place. Would help set the mood and further distinguish each of the modes imo.
I hope they don't just leave them for wizard modes, I will never get to hear them

I know folks want the actual songs in, but most of them were just so... weird for a pinball machine personally. In pretty much every movie there was more upbeat instrumental versions of the main themes played for use in action sequences and such, which to me are much better choices. For example You Only Live Twice is like a lounge song, slow, romantic... odd for pinball. But during the rooftop/port chase there is the upbeat instrumental of this played which fits much better and these are perfect for use in the themed modes

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. Typically those re-worked theme song versions are called "Action Suite" on the soundtracks. The Live and Let Die Action Suite is what I used as the main gameplay song in my mix. Better than the Wings version, which would suck for pinball.

Yep the action suites is what I was thinking.

#5284 1 year ago

They paid for Moby, they are not gonna dump it at this point. At best they introduce an option to change it for those who don't like it.

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Connery does say Bond..james Bond during the mode and I think all bonds say it throughout. Not sure.
I think the whole song should go

Every time you hit a target, a random character from one of the Connery era films says James name as it also shows a movie poster and zooms in on "James Bond". If you complete the mode and get the super jackpot, you are rewarded with the first scene we meet Bond, and he first says the "Bond, James Bond" line.

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The intent was only to be used in 60th but like someone said they could be laying the framework for us to do whatever we want with PB.
What I’d like to know is where are the 3 others they supposedly had?
Frwl, YOLT and Diamonds? We have the Dr No and the other two we know the story.

They said they are coming last night

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was likely paid for, planned for and in line with the 60th but dropped into the cornerstone for this update as it’s clearly a TPF update.
If you think a Brosnan era track with Brosnans voice was originally planned for the Connery era cornerstone, we clearly have different standards when it comes to the finer details, as a huge Bond fan and this being a Connery specific game the audio should match.
There are plenty of great John Barry and original pieces composed for the Connery movies that would work well for pinball and a fast paced multiball but it’s gotto be Connery stuff.

I don't care about being a certain level of "fan". I'm saying, they paid for the track, cause they had to. It's a different product, SKU, everything, so just cause they got it for the 60th maybe, doesn't mean they had free reign to just use it. At this point, the track is not going anywhere.

The ship is sailed, it's in the game. At best you can hope they give you an option to turn it off maybe.

#5340 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

So was that recent interview Gomez was on ever posted online?

It seems Deadflip didn't record/archive that last stream.

I mean the jist of it has been posted here. Attempting a new update next Thursday, with the skillshots and new combo code. Possibly new music being added as well. They want to get to three week waves in code releases. They want to add some kind of gameplay to the Thunderball eject scoop. Bond Women will have video clips for the gals once added. Acknowledges the lack of the Q Gadgets right now

#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

I thought Gomez said he wanted to hear our opinions on the music in the game...?

Said this post talking about the new tracks coming in the next update soon. So think he was just kind of putting it out there

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah I haven’t gotten Q’s ring even once since the patch very odd…it’s basically removed from my game lol
Didn’t see anything in options to enable or disable it wonder if anyone else isn’t getting it

I said the same thing playing it a bunch recently, but after a long game my friend got the Q branch to light up. It's like they cut out some of the methods of opening it or reduced the chance of it? But it used to feel like I got the Q Ring every game, now the branch rarely lights up.

#5555 1 year ago

next code: obvious bug fixes, more modes, fix the pops sound FX, and I am not entirely sure why they used the Brosnan call out and a moby song. Not saying I hate it, but it seems a tad off to me.

The pops crackling? Gotta change the sound settings. The speakers are 4ohm while the settings are apparently set to 8ohm by default, so changing the cab speaker setting to 4 basically removes the crackling and bad sounding pops.

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Where is that setting to change the ohms ?
Thanks

Took me a while to find it, can't recall where it was buried, fixed my good friends machines like a month ago and it took me quite a bit of digging to find the setting. I had read previously in this thread how folks were dealing with the messed up sounding pops that would "crackle", and some sound effects were too loud and would also cause distortion or crackling. So someone had posted how the settings by stern are too high for the cheap speakers used in the non LE models.

But as soon as I lowered the settings to 4ohm, it fixed all the audio distortion/crackling going on, so the advice was solid. Gotta crank up your volume afterwards though, it's gonna sound lower in general when you lower the ohms

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Under Utilities I think.

Yea the sound EQ stuff I think was in utilities. Make sure that 10 channel eq is being used also. There is two different speaker settings that can be 4 or 8ohm, make sure both are set to 4ohm.

#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I didn't find it necessary to change the speakers to 4 ohm. Left my Pro on 8 ohm, set to use the 10 channel eq and did a u shaped pattern. Not getting the distortion I used to.

The 10 EQ helped but didn't fully get rid of the distortion of high pitched sounds fully, when I set it all to 4, yea the audio played fine without any cracking or distortion on the pro I normally play. So the advice I had read here fixed that, my pal who owns the machine was really bugged with the sound and thought something was wrong with the speaker till we found out many others were having issue as well.

#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Was just pointing out what worked for me. Personally I don't like the adjustment to 4ohm and then having to crank the sound in the game. To each their own.

Yea I just kept changing the settings one at a time and testing, I had to change em all to get it to sound normal on the machine I helped with. Didn't mind cranking up the volume, it still kind of didn't have the same oomph as before after making the settings, but they preferred that it didn't sound like something was wrong with the speakers anymore. (they thought they were blown)

#5586 1 year ago

Radioactive recon is a clever mode, hopefully they do some fun stuff with the other gadgets.

#5603 1 year ago

Seeing that they are adding in the heli and car as gadgets, seems like a good time to add some kind of shot to the action button, as both have "shooting" sequences. We know the scene they will use for the heli, so it's going to be the air battle, so like perfect time to implement some use of the action button there as well.

#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are we to assume the .88.1 beta code at MGC was nothing to write home about as there was scant a mention in here about it except some detail from one person? Must not have been much unfortunately...

I mean it's just the missing skill shots and some combos, so it was never going to be big, and seems to just be preview code at this point, so we might not even get it. The new stuff might just get rolled into the next more meaningful update

#5779 1 year ago

Did someone ask for pitchforks, cause it seems like folks are pulling em out again

#5879 1 year ago

They should have some Connery quips or something for hitting combos

#5973 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Every time I see a code update email from Stern and it’s Foo Fighters

Well I mean Bond just got an update 2 days ago....

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The optimistic people in this thread remind of every Halloween owner I know: “The next code update is where it’s at!”

I mean new code is coming out, so you have no faith at this point?

Code is all that is left, if you don't believe that will work, then I mean.... time to bail?

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Then why the F are you here? Sell your game, dump your game, or put on a show for everyone and smash your game. Go wild with it but for the love of god, STFU with the crying and criticism of people who enjoy it for what it is and what it most likely will be.

Yea if you are saying code can't fix it, I think it's time to get rid of your game and move on.

Quoted from CashMoney:

Lol except the difference here is that Code will make bond a great game. Nothing can fix Halloween, it’s a terrible layout.

lol come on, it's a different type of game for sure, it's very stop and go objective focused game, but heck the last update to it really changed alot with new features planned and coming soon too.

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Lol except the difference here is that Code will make bond a great game. Nothing can fix Halloween, it’s a terrible layout.

Quoted from Rhart51:

I love my Bond Pro, but the sound is garbage. Has anyone upgraded their speakers and if so, did it make a difference? Or is it simply bad audio samples?

Gotta change the EQ settings on the pro to 10 band and also reduce the one speaker setting that is set to 8ohm to 4ohm. The default settings are terrible for the stock pro speakers, so have to tune em down to not sound awful, gets rid of the distortion and speaker crackling

#6093 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You mean way overpriced and produced 60th, not Gomez Bond…

I played a ton of the 60th lately, local place has one on display on free play so it's got lot of use, also got to play it in a tourney recently too. I don't get it at all, but yea I'm not setting foot in the 60th thread as they ain't taking lightly to any negative comments, it's apparently the greatest shooter ever.

Shoots solid enough, but the entire thing is fugly, and just lacks any personality. It just reminds me of the Beatles with better shots and an extra 10k price tag. Sorry but that game feels like the owners are forcing themselves to adore the game because of how much money they dumped on it knowing they won't be able to flip it or get their money back at this point.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are going to have a bond premium in the tournament at Allentown. I’ve never played one.
Based upon what Ive read here I’m inclined to disable the jetpack bond as it seems like this is still a potential source of problems.
If you disable it, will the right ramp simply behave like a pro?
We don’t need stuck balls, confused bonds on wands etc in a circuit tournament.

We had both a Prem and LE in a recent tourny, was the first time majority of players even touched one, and every time it happened, everyone was like "how the hell do I use this" about Bond on a wand. You usually don't talk and explain a game to folks playing a tourny but everyone is like "try this, try that" "I think you gotta...."

Did it even work correctly? No one there knew

#6104 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

If you enjoy playing single level games (Stern Electronics, 80’s Bally) You’d have a better appreciation for it. I can’t wait to get mine. It offers a ton honestly. Mix of old and new.

I liked Beatles enough, I love TNA... so I was really underwhelmed by Bond 60th. It shoots well? Yea it shoots fine, but like nothing about it blew me away, I would be hard pressed to pay a premium level price even for one, but think it would be more fair. I think the art package and visual design of it all just feels terrible frankly, I kept just being in awe at how ugly a machine it was, and the bad power point presentations on the screen in the PF. Price is in the back of the head the whole time, sadly can't get it out of my mind but all I can feel like is that this looks and feels like a budget pinball machine being sold at a premium. Really just find the whole visual package and presentation of the cornerstone to blow it away. The price bias is there for sure, but I at least would have liked to be blown away by it. I feel value/price should factor into a game review, it does typically factor into video games, cars, electronics, pretty much everything when it comes to reviews. Maybe an optional "value" category should be part of the review process on pinside.

I think there is clearly bias when the owners are all raving and rating it with super high scores, while those who don't own it giving it even an "ok" or mediocre score are all being flagged. I don't even want to bother reviewing it cause I'm not gonna gush so it's just gonna get flagged to heck like the rest, and I've put in more than a handful of plays, the machine has been available for free play for weeks locally, have put ton of time in it, and just "meh".

#6110 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

We only attack you in the 60th thread if you start bashing the price

And there you got, that's the problem. Price and values worth is not off limits anywhere else, openly discussed and debated in any other pins thread, but the owners of the 60th have decided to put up this silly barrier that is untouchable and they have no tolerance for.

The pin is ugly as dirt, it's low tier photoshop copy and paste mess. It's bright, big whoop. A couple bucks in bright LEDs or simple mod kits can get same results. At least Beatles had some art direction.

#6138 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Aren’t we are possibly bias with our collections? Your collection of games are all horror themed and you’ve rated each pretty high. Including Freddy, Nightmare on Elm St….

Two of my pins Freddy and Tales aren't even in my top 10 rankings wise. Maybe there is bias, but I've tried to be fair as well but a review is an opinion, and I only try to rate the games for myself that I've played many times, I don't rate pins i've only played a handful of times. But again the reviews are supposed to be that, our opinions. As I mentioned before it's just funny anyone not posting a glowing review is being flagged, while even some of the high praise ones acting like it's a gift from god are being flagged. It's just silly, aren't we supposed to be giving our personal feelings on the machines? Folks so afraid of review bombing that they are not flag bombing peoples reviews?

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Besides the obvious more songs and more bond content, what else would you want in the final code to make it more exciting for casual and expert players?

Would like to see some more clever modes put in. The radioactive recon for example is actually really neat and clever type of mode that is different. More creative and thematic modes would be great, lets get some use of the action button in modes... let me make a shot with the action button to launch missiles in my little helicopter mobile thingie for example. Lot of the modes right now are just boring make a ton of shots super fast which are a pain to get through cause of time limits and just way too many shots.

Obviously take a cue from other games with multiple layers of mini wizard modes also.

#6309 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Just curious, why buy a Pro and try to jazz it up to look like a Pre??

Because it only costs a couple hundred dollars vs 2k?

#6506 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Where do you see 3? I only see Attache Case and Little Nellie modes with 1 new skill shot. Maybe I missed it? Excited to try them out

Yea it's two new Q modes, and doing them can unlock two new multiball mode/rewards.

#6515 1 year ago

Was it always 6? It seemed like the Q Branch stuff was much easier to get and common before recent updates

#6524 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Has the action button lit up for anything yet?

Ball launch....lol

#6528 1 year ago

Jack Danger just streamed the new code, the entire night he triggered one Q Gadget and none of the new ones. What the heck did they do to the Q Gadgets in general, it seems they ramped up the shots needed to trigger each considerably?

#6554 1 year ago

Did they change the number of shots to qualify the old modes as well? I swear I used to get the Q branch stuff all the time, now hardly ever. If it's all hitting the same shot multiple times in one ball, did they change things recently or upped the number of shots? It all feels so weird that it's simply hitting things an absurd amount of times.

Can't do them during modes/mb? What a waste. And all in one ball? Again, this isn't fun and it's making the gadgets just a bunch of tedious work that you have to focus on just to do now instead of earning over play time

#6557 1 year ago

Would hope so, they made things easier like jetpack MB to qualify, but then oh hey all these playfield modes? Yea super tedious and difficult to start. The risk/reward aspect of it makes doing the Q modes not even worth it. Let me sit here trying to bash this single shot over and over when every other mode starts in like one or two shots

#6560 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I still haven't found the Top Secret skill shot. Looks like the new Commander Bond skillshot is the left orbit/jetpack shot? Interesting that it flashes purple at ball launch but the others don't light up until you hold the left flipper.

Friend told me it's hitting the tank target. Think you gotta hold the left flipper as well to qualify it?

#6586 1 year ago

Kind of feels like they designed the modes but kind of just, tossed them in for a code update, but didn't really think of properly integrating them into the flow of the gameplay

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might get some hate for this but I just want this game to be amazing, Bond is a top 3 licence for me.
But we are now at .90 and is anyone really feeling all that confident at this point?
I’m starting to think Stern and George should really bring in some other coders to help get this game on course. A month or two with Elwin/Naegele on it could make a huge difference. Some fresh eyes are needed as it feels like the current team are out of ideas and struggling to make the game fun, repeated shots to the same orbit over and over is classic Lonnie.

We are only on .90, they keep doing .01 increments which the previous 2 were really nice changes for the game. This last one is kind of a dud being how they just tossed in the Q gadgets, but think they can be refined. But we still got at least 10 more updates at this rate for 1.0 None of the wizard modes in, no point multipliers yet, more modes, and whatever else they plan to do in these next updates. Feels like its gonna still evolve quite a bit if they keep going at this rate.... course it's going to be a long way to 1.0 at this rate

#6653 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I had a thought just now, with the discussion of maybe making the Q gadget selectable -- it'd be cool if, once you completed a Q gadget, it gives you some sort of bonus or power up when fighting a henchman or villain from that particular movie. In other words, let's say I complete Atache Case, now I need fewer shots (or get more points) when I fight against Red Grant, since it was used against him in the film.
There'd be a little stretch for some (e.g., Q's ring never gets used on anything in DAF other than slot machines) but I think this would help a little bit with theme cohesion.

I thought they had mentioned something along those lines before. Also they idea they have that is far from complete because of the lack of all the modes and such, is that if you complete every mode related to that particular movie... something is supposed to happen (and the movie insert will be used)

The game still has a ways to go, it really is going slow in development but with how each .01 increment has changed things, I think theres alot to come still till the game is 1.0

#6680 1 year ago

The whiz blades are great in person. They perfectly extend the playfield artwork for each section

#6683 1 year ago

Bond is still growing on me. I traded in my LOTR for an Elvira a few weeks ago but I've been playing Bond more. Some of that has to do with it being in the Allentown tournament, some of that has to do with Bond feeling more "intense". I have found the game to be much more fun since turning off the extra balls. I feel like this really could be a great game, and am holding out hope on some code updates to add in some more wizard and mini-wizard modes. I feel like there should be a special mode for each movie (collect the Goldfinger girl, Henchman, and Villain to light Goldfinger multiball madness) and a final wizard mode for completing all the movie modes. Some more stuff with the button as well. Really likeing the latest update.

Believe that is kind of the intention from what they've talked about, the problem right now is that they are missing corresponding modes for all the films like not all films having their Q gadget, and of course no ladies yet either. Assume once those are in it will lead to the use of the center inserts and for some special modes/awards

#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I got some time in on a FooFighters yesterday on location. It's amazing how much more complete the code is on that game than on Bond. I think FooFighters is a really dumb theme, but the geometry is interesting and at least the code is good.
I played some of the 0.90 code on Bond at the same location. Had a game over 800 million and still only got 2 "Q modes" - Radioactive and Q-Ring. I'm starting to think that Bond is just never going to be good.
I had high hopes for it in the beginning, but if anything the updates have made it worse. It's not just that it's incomplete, it seems like they don't even have a plan.

I can see being a little miffed, but to say they have made it worse it a bit much.

Quoted from Rhart51:

If they have a bigger overarching plan for this, they should at least tell us, what’s the harm in telling us? As a matter of fact it might placate owners, and prospective buyers might not have trepidation.

This seems to fall back to many developers working on video games for game code plans, they typically don't want to give out too much because it creates more urgency amongst people, it doesn't please them or make them excited, it does the opposite. All developers get is then constant nagging of when such and such is happening. Why hasn't this been done yet? Where is this? Why is it taking so long for X? And then when plans change as they often do, it becomes even worse. Reason why game developers often try to not go too deep into future plans and only try to stick to what is actively coming and what is a lock for deployment in the near future. They never want to talk about stuff that could be many months/year away in development cause of the harm it can do.

#6789 12 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I could make a thread about this...
But between Bond Pro and JP Pro paired next to a Scooby, what does the Bond crowd think? I've played Bond and JP and enjoyed them both. I'm not particularly attached to either theme. I felt like JP was a more traditional layout while Bond was definitely unique. Scooby gives me STH vibes with the whole "fan layout" thing going on (with the upper playfield for variety).
I don't think Gomez will let this game eat shit like some folks want it to. JP is a very complete and well respected game, so I know that if I make a thread, I'll get a bunch of "Bond sucks" responses...And I'm not really interested in that. Most folks here are at least optimistic about the future of the game, ha.

Bond is very much a different game from Scooby, which is more traditional Spooky game design which is heavily mode/theme based, and as some will say usually slower paced games. Bond especially Pro is a fast game with overall good flow. I think it's a good game, it just needs the code to be fleshed out and for the missing content to be added in which they are slowly doing. Still it needs some polish in how things flow, but the game shoots great.

#6904 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

They have to know there is a problem, they are pushing through a new run of Pro’s and I bet sales are lacking. People just won’t basic functionality and we aren’t getting it, all the other polish can come after, not sure why they aren’t focusing on that?

Been an update every few weeks adding more stuff to the game and slowly getting the missing modes completed. What else do you really want? They seem to be trying to get the game to a more finished state, it's going slow of course, but also just dropping programmers or changing gears is only going to make things take longer. Instead of getting regular updates to the game, bringing in someone new or doing an overhaul would suddenly add huge delays in code.

#6916 11 months ago

May the fork be with you

#6940 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It is rather strange that a game with a theme as huge as Bond shipped in such a paltry state. And with all the talk about how Gomez won't let this game end up bad...Why did he let it ship in such rough shape? I really struggle to think of any other industry where shipping a product in a certifiably incomplete state is the norm.
I know someone will say video games. But nope. Sure, early access exists, but that's not advertised as a complete and official launch. It's advertised as an "in progress" thing. I guess you could argue that buying a pin before code hits 1.0 is similar to buying an "early access" video game, but it's NOT advertised as such. Stern isn't releasing promo material saying, "This game is incomplete and lacks a shit ton of modes and features! But it's cool - it's coming eventually!"
I do think that Stern will do the right thing and get it to a great place. But it's wild that Bond released the way it did...It has undeniably tainted the image of the game to the non-casual.
For me, the theme isn't really a "dream theme", but I love the unique layout and love the way it shoots. It just needs more to do.

I think the biggest issue was that this seems to have entered real production kind of late. The original designer on the project had left Stern, it sounds like they scrapped original plans and redesigned the game, but this all happened with far less development time than most games get. Like Foo Fighters apparently has been in the works for quite some time now we have been hearing, Bond they had to get out in time for the anniversary and while they came up with a new design for the playfield, they didn't quite have the code planned out or ready clearly. And then they also been mentioning several times the issues they have had with licensor demands and limitations which probably is another hurdle.

Then on top of that, you got a coder and such that isn't one of their fastest.

#7092 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

OK, put about 10 games on and feel like the only thing I need to maybe tweak is that the ball dribbling out of the pops will go straight down the middle. Not sure if that's intended or if there's a simple adjustment that can be made.
I also noticed that a slow ball will absolutely hit a "lip" over at the underwater scene on the Pro. It just rolls into that eject scoop, so it's not a big deal...But it is a thing.

Yea it seems common with the pro. It makes the eject just easier to score really.

#7123 11 months ago

Last update was just a bummer cause it clearly felt like a toss away update. The new gadget modes don't feel well integrated at all into the game, there is no refinement to it, just them checking off boxes to get modes into the game. It seemed sloppy.

#7140 11 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Do you look at thread activity up above?[quoted image]

What a useless metric

#7177 11 months ago

The MB for the new gadget awards have the movie themed action suites which is cool. Power pack plays the Thunderball suite for example

#7182 11 months ago

The Bond girls are going to have full on videos attached to them, sounds like they are gonna be almost like mini modes you activate and not just heres more points. They said each is going to have full assets so they got 6 different film assets that need to be implemented into the code as well.

But they also mentioned wanting the modes in first to work on score balancing as multipliers are going to change up things

#7203 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I need to learn how to hit the Henchman Shot. That ramp is so tough.
Also, is scoring still heavily skewed towards Jetpack Multiball? I was in Bird 1 and was hitting jackpots left and right, but only came out with around 60M. It didn't feel worth it, but I also may not have been approaching it correctly.
And on the new code...I am really excited to see where this game ends up as a "progression" player. There's a LOT of modes that we'll be able to play through, and I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of Wizard Modes show up!

Yea Jetpack is broken. It's the easiest to start and worth crazy points. Easily can get more points than the harder to achieve bird 1 MB. Jetpack is worth more points than the individual modes and bird 1 essentially and is the easiest mode to start.... they do need to balance the points out

#7219 11 months ago
Quoted from BW1029:

dumb question, is there a reason people prefer updating via USB as opposed to via Wifi?

Stern IC wifi can be super slow

#7323 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Would rather watch grass grow tbh. I get more info from instruction cards over watching that guy fumble and fart around on machines while tatersalad and the butt brigade suck up his rear end.

Love the random hostility for no reason.

#7437 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

When you think about it, inclusion of the Bond girls could be the most problematic issue Stern is facing. Obviously, Bond has always had a very sexist approach towards women and in today's society a lot...well most, of that stuff doesn't fly. I wouldn't want to be the one at Stern attempting how to include these assets while staying off someone's target list.

They said they wanted them last as to get in the main play modes and to work on score balance before introducing the multipliers.

#7461 11 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

The possibility some stuff can't be used bc of sexism and the like is absolutely worth discussing. Willy Wonka had to change "Brat Multiball" to "Kid Multiball" bc of the Roald Dahl estate for goodness sakes. There is obviously zero chance there is gonna be a montage of cleavage shots or ass-slap wizard mode. The question is wear is the line? I just hope they can use Ursula Andress walking out of the ocean, its the most iconic scene in the entire series.

Ass slap wizard and other such modes just sound silly in the first place. Who would want that nonsense? The bond women featured on the field were typically the ass kickers. Sexy yes, but they all were capable and not the random toss away flings that many of the other women in the films were. So take out any notes of being PC, would they really have made silly modes about slapping women around?

Even decades ago someone would have been like "hey guys, lets not do this"

#7495 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Can we light the movie inserts yet??? I don't think I've seen them outside of a light show or attract mode.

Believe in a livestream they said the purpose of them would be for if you complete every mode related to that movie, it would do something in the future and those lights will be used. But they only just put in the last needed Q modes for that, so imagine it will be some long term function later.

Quoted from Rhart51:

I wonder if this is a selectable option that we will have? It’s from footage that’s uploaded but not coded.
[quoted image]

Think that's just work in progress stuff folks fond for the attaché case mode. Which clearly changed

#7500 11 months ago

Man it seems like you constantly get power pack mode now cause it's so easy to achieve. The other gadgets feel like lot more work and time to get

#7509 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I see it first. Every. Single. Game.

Yep I get it almost every game now because of how easy it is to qualify since Jetpack is so easy as well.

#7516 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, both Foo and Godzilla are doing terrible from what I hear
I can see having to select something right after hitting the start button being a problem, but just have a short resetting timer while on the select screen and some instructive callouts and I don't see where mode selection would be a coin drop issue.

Any time a game has a choose a mode feature, players seem to have no trouble figuring it out. Especially with the giant blinking action button and only a couple other buttons to press, they get it going with little wait

#7529 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’m also not getting power pack. Played the shit out of jet pack. Is it a Q mode that’s lit or does it happen mid jet pack? Pushed a bil a few times, have never seen a power pack Q mode. Def on latest cost.

As soon as you trigger jetpack, the power pack is lit at the q branch. Any shot to the db5 scoop starts power pack then.

I tend to get Jetpack started almost every game, so it's literally the first thing to happen right after.

#7539 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

* If you are not already in a mode. Q will not be lit/start if you are in a Villain/Henchman mode or one of the multiballs.

Yea I mean it's lit up after you finish the jetpack MB, hence it being able to start right away with one shot

#7647 11 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone know why he deleted all of his posts? Normally when you see that on social media, it's a company trying to back peddle on what they said. "We're going to do X, Y & Z for this game". Then they find out the game isn't selling and the licensor is giving them a hard time, so they delete everything.
As for no mode selection and people being too stupid to figure it out on their own, isn't that what the 10 second timer is for that automatically selects the mode for you?

No one but George would know.

Also simply put, probably because he doesn't want to commit or have his words taken out of context and then when an update comes out there is different, folks don't get all mad and point to a post he made in a random place on Facebook as proof.

#7725 11 months ago

I've always taken out my goodie bag, who the hell cares if it's stapled as long as everything is there. And really how many classic games people buy that don't have the manual even anymore? What petty crap

#7743 10 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

if selling as NIB then it should be as close to out of the box condition as possible. Why rip the bag off? what purpose does that serve? Not like its in the way.

If it was open then it wasn't NIB?

#7794 10 months ago

Tis the time of forks

#7851 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I installed a Pindefender on this game, and yes, it protected the shooter lane. But it created about 60% bad ball launches, tried to adjust it several ways but got the same result. Pindefender was permanently removed, and most likely won't try it on any other pins.

Yea used it on another machine and no matter what we did, it just made it shoot worse

#7881 10 months ago

So from the notes, they nerfed Jetpack's jackpot right? Also sounds like they are upping the points for the modes probably?

#7884 10 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

They were always just going to be multipliers as far as I could remember. Hopefully you get a Bond girl
Video clip when you achieve them. Someone fill us working folk in.

They had said they will have assets. I imagine the multiplier (girl) you choose to activate plays their introduction clip

#7894 10 months ago

Yea looks like lot of the modes got their points adjusted, make their shots worth more points and worth actually playing now. Jetpack points nerfed thankfully, was way too good early.

#7970 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Best we can hope for is orchestral versions. If the 2 complete songs were too expensive during initial negotiations they will be too expensive now.

Yea the action suites or orchestra versions I would imagine they have access too already

#7976 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Kind of wonder why these two specifically are so expensive. I was hoping personally for all main themes to be played at various stages. The Bond theme, while great, kinds of get repetitive after many hours
That said, if someone has a link to a gameplay video with the latest game code, to assess music variety, that would be appreciated.

Having to license the songs separate with Tom Jones and Shirley who apparently ask for lot more money to use their music

#8033 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Still very disappointed with the main screen and all of the area that is not being utilized with anything. Either fill it with some logos, etc. or find a way to incorporate it into the game play. Rush is a great example of what can be done with this extra area on the main screen.

I like that they have space as it allows for them to use it for other info only when needed. The worst thing I hate about pinball UI's is when they over do it with making it busy, it's what I hate about JJP UIs, while pretty, it's convoluted and messy eye explosion. I like the bond simplicity and works well to convey info for stacked modes and for features being used

#8143 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the premium vs pro debate looking like these days?

The premium is totally not worth it for Bond.

#8151 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The Premium is totally worth it for Bond.

Bond on a wand just is not really any fun, it's the only real unique aspect of the premium. And then a physical ball lock is the only other real difference, which frankly slows down the gameplay and doesn't really change much, it's also more of a personal preference, lock ball and wait, or stick with constant flow gameplay in pro.

For 2k upgrade, it's one of Sterns weaker premium offerings ever and doesn't feel like your missing out on anything really. Other prem models of sterns you can feel the difference more or have very different gameplay, but not really with Bond. The differences don't feel the 2k at all

#8154 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

TBH the ball lock doesn't slow the play down any more than when the ball goes into the left eject when it shows the High Stakes scene. The ball lock always comes up as a pro over premium thing but i reckon the point is pretty moot.

Point being it just adds another stop while instead you got a flow shot created on the pro that works great with the upper flipper combo play. Bond is a pretty good flowing game and removing the lock lane for a loop instead just feels great. Personally find it a downgrade in gameplay, so the only real unique difference to me is the Bond on a wand, which just feels like a gimmick and not worth the money. Other prem upgrade sterns you can often feel the missing gameplay aspects, with the Pro, don't feel like anything is really missing, just... different.

#8200 10 months ago

That seems to make locking balls for bird one way too easy

#8272 10 months ago

Folks really get bent out of shape for rando person's opinions on twitch and pod casts.

#8291 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

If I owned a hypothetical restaurant and I had a Bond and a Centaur in the waiting area, which one do you think would make more money?
Centaur isn’t even in the same league. This is the kind of stuff that makes Pinside ratings a joke.
[quoted image]

The problem is your taking too much stock into ratings which are all varied opinions and not meant to be anything but that. It doesn't mean that pin is better than the other, it's simply the opinion of the folks who rated it. The same people who rated Centaur are not the same who rated Bond most likely.

The problem is not pinside ratings or any type of ratings aggregate site, it's that people use it to mean something that isn't true. These ratings are meaningless, and should be taken in a bubble. They are not accurate cause it's not all the same amount of people nor the same people. The ratings should be viewed solely by looking at the opinions of people on that pin itself, but don't use it to compare games.

#8296 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I take 0 stock in pinside ratings or using it for comparatives but some people do. It’s like the whole Zillow paradigm, people take actual stock in Zillow prices and it actually drives house pricing in the area, but the Zillow algorithm logic is laughable at best.
All I’m saying is that this is a great example for not caring about pinside ratings.

Nah ratings are fine, the problem is them being listed in a top 100 which causes people to compare. These things are not meant to be compared, they should not be ranked or put into charts which forces comparisons.

Lot of old movies for example on Rotten tomatoes, only a handful of reviews can be accounted for as most were published in papers and lost in time, so you got classics with mediocre to bad ratings on the site. While then you got a bad new movie come out, has hundreds of reviews from every little site, and it's rated higher than a classic film. It's just not a fair comparison and just needs to be ignored.

Any rating system that at least doesn't involve the exact same people rating the same item fairly is going to be bogus.

#8315 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Anyone have the old classic version out there in your line up? I would love to see a picture of this rare beast next to the Stern!
[quoted image]

I've never seen one in the wild. Assume it's very rare?

#8427 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:What is to confirm?
- Now "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Wizard mode is available at the right ramp upon completing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.

Because it says "completing" which confused people. Complete often will go along with finishing/beating a mode in some rules, so it's a fair thing to question.

#8451 10 months ago

So the new mode is the boat chase from 'From Russia with Love'. Decent enough mode for big points, but kind of odd choice for a wizard mode, almost feels like a normal villain/hench mode

#8467 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Some info from the stream on future code updates (stream will be on Youtube later)
- Three more mini wizards and main wizard mode still to come.
- Spectre weapons will have perks. Ones mentioned were add a ball on demand once per ball, as well as more time in modes.
- Mystery awards will be improved, more variety and more relevant to what you are doing in the game at that time.
- Focus is on getting all modes in, then doing polish passes.
- The u-turn shot (when ball goes up henchmen/villain and back down the other ramp) will do something in future updates.

Now give us some reason do to Q modes with some kind of perks

#8579 10 months ago

Too many modes! PITCHFORKS OUT!

#8608 10 months ago

So ignoring that BS image of the upcoming updates, are the future wizards really just going to all be related to "complete 6 of a set of modes"? Cause ugh

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

PanzerKraken wanted them out a few hours ago..

Too many modes and code, other pins are now slacking. Bond is a bully to other pins, folks freaking out in the Foo thread. FORKS OUT!

#8611 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is the foo crowd really getting Forky?
Cause they were awful smug when that game first came out!

They haven't gotten any meaningful updates in quite a while so forks are starting to appear. Some even bringing up Bond getting good updates lol

#8615 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

What else would it be? You are going to have to complete a set of something to get to a wizard mode.

Variety would be nice though, to have 5 wizard modes all with the exact same requirement to unlock is just kind of tedious.

They are movie themed modes then it seems strange they didn't make it complete all the modes of that particular movie itself, but they are probably going to do a mode just for that anyways cause the game is lacking in modes apparently....

#8617 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man that's like complaining the game comes 3 ball on factory.
Do all the modes > light a wizard mode is pretty par for the course for pinball!!!
Let's all head over to the Foo thread for a refresher course!
Lack of pitchforks lately has us all a little rusty on what we are supposed to be complaining about.

I demand mode-ception.

#8642 10 months ago

Maybe just accept a person's opinion and move on. Some folks on pinside take this stuff way too personally when all it is, is an opinion on an expensive toy. If your getting upset about it, then you need to take a step back and relax, it's just words. I'm sure your own opinions are things others don't agree with as well.

1 week later
#8832 9 months ago

Did they make Specter easier to activate is that what it's saying?

#8834 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At this point does it even matter?
Has there ever been a game with more modes than Bond? Had to be some kind of a record!!

- Changed the "SPOTTED SPECTRE WEAPON STARTS" default setting. Default = 3.

But I want to know what this means

#8875 9 months ago

Okay... so Stern is not only releasing the shooter rod off of the Bond 60th, but they are not even bothering to remove the Bond 60th shooter housing before installing it in the demo photo? Literally pulled out of the 60th and slapped on a premium for the photo. Your Bond Pro/Premium has a shooter housing that says Stern, but if you get the shooter rod (only $139.99) it comes with the 60th shooter rod housing?[quoted image][quoted image]

Well think it's just generally there to celebrate the 60th anniversary either way. Special edition knob

#9043 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Why people are rating games that aren’t even at 1.0 code is beyond me

8 months of selling a 7-10k$ product, I think it's more than expected that folks will want to review said product. It's on Stern for not having the code in a better place for so long.

#9051 9 months ago

Isn't the main reason to do things in pinball... points?

Other than that it's basically building up to get to wizard modes, which seem to be getting added in so yay... more points!

#9184 9 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Assuming there wont be 6 more mini-wizard modes. But BJB mode could be after doing all 4 things from any one movie. Its a bit too easy at the moment.

Nah, it's a fun and not that difficult mode to get, its in a good spot and lot of fun. They already got bigger wizard mode planned.

#9321 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Bond is the 2nd best Stern deal.
#1 is Turtles. I saw a 7k loaded premium in the market today. I also saw a 5k pro. That’s insane. Those will go up 2k in the next year or 2. Easily. A lot of the cool shit people are pissing their pants over with Venom is in TMNT (speed running mode, saved progress, character selection changing the game, etc.). The tight geometry of Rush people love? Yeah, it’s Mario Kart mirror mode TMNT.
Pinside loves having games to shit on. It’s just like the video game world. People shat on No Man’s Sky and Fallout 76 foreeeeever. Turns out, both are insanely good games today after a lot of updates.
Same with Bond and Turtles. Rough launch, but TMNT had a great redemptive arc, and Bond is well on its way too.

There's a ton of that, games that got shat on early and dumped,.now being sold for cheap prices while the code is really turning them around and fun cam be found. We had a 5k turtles loaded with moda recently at the dealer because they still had NIB unsold so they really were gonna let this trade in go for cheap.

1 week later
#9571 8 months ago

One of the drops goes down but doesn't seem to register anymore. What would cause this?

#9677 8 months ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Venom has added the ability to save your game and game progress with the Insider Connect and then return to that game and game progress. That is a cool option for us Novice players that want to see everything a game has to offer or finish a game once, but we dont have the ability to make it happen on 1 quarter. I wonder if that will carry over to older titles that have the Insider Connect like Bond?

It has to make sense for the game, Venom is designed with a video game type of boss battle mentality that makes sense for it, and it's built around that system. Venom is not saving mode progress and such, it's a whole separate XP and level system that simply affects your ability to deal with battles (modes) and to advance to certain aspects after long times of built up progress.

#9909 8 months ago

Oooo this is a nice one... yea this might do. Oh yea... anyone hear about new code?

codenow (resized).JPGcodenow (resized).JPG
#9912 8 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Put it down, dude. Not ready to storm the castle just yet...
[quoted image]

Just browsing.... might need it soon

#10036 8 months ago

So Henchmen modes start faster now? Is that the change?

Quoted from insight75:

Will there be any Bond girl additions or is that out of the question at this point?

More girls? Doubt it. Unless you mean more assets to their functions, perhaps, believe they said they wanted video clips for each bond girl

1 week later
#10364 8 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:Qs ring takes an obscene number of spinner rips but its still there. Way way out of line with the other Q modes.
Also I am not convinced an intentional UTurn from the left flipper is a repeatable shot on my game. What is everyone else's experience? This is supposed to eventually be non-fluke shot per the design team. If its just to spot a shot in a mode I guess I'd never have to do it on purpose but if you need UTurns to make progress its gonna be an interesting forum in a few months bc I dont think Im alone lol.

They overtuned the Q Ring to have it almost never happen after so many complaints of it happening too much hah

1 week later
#10522 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think the modes need to be made easier to finish, but perhaps they should be made easier to start. There’s so many of them to plow through it just makes sense.

Haven't they kind of been doing this slowly with updates of recent? Feels like various rules have tried to make getting modes faster, but yea do think they should lower requirements for many of them in general

2 weeks later
#11047 7 months ago
Quoted from tlantos:

After a year of production, version is 0.96
This means a lot of customers are doing the beta tests for them?
I have an old machine from the 80s, you had to replace the ROM chip to ppgrade, nobody knows anything about the changes, and there were only a few versions

Old man yelling at sky

#11066 7 months ago

Think it could be good if they adopted a system kind of like Godzilla where as you play through features and modes, you get upgrades to your power/random items. Essentially as you play through stuff, that they could perhaps upgrade high stakes random to include some advances to speed up the game, or even if you do good enough, allow players to unlock these random mini wizard modes.

Cause getting to any of them is a pain already, and there is so many, so perhaps give us some alternate paths to be able to potentially access these things.

#11068 7 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

A few of you guys have forgotten the whole point of getting to a wizard mode is its not suppose to be easy.

These are mini wizards and they are quite the work to get to. And they keep adding more and more all with the exact same requirements. Piling on modes few people will see is whatever, at least give players alternate routes instead of the same thing over and over.

No on is asking for free wizards, but at least alternates and variation would be nice.

#11076 7 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...
....how many of the people on this thread stand over their spouse's shoulder while they're cooking and say, "You really should do it this way!"

This is a product, we are the consumers. Us giving feedback is how things work.

And yea in a good relationship, couples communicate too and are willing to listen to each other also when someone suggest something.

1 week later
#11252 7 months ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Eric Stone with a cool 5bil on Bond LE last night,.... played all modes in 1 game including the 5 mini wizard modes! Judging by the lack of tilt warnings he received I dont think there was a tilt bob installed but still impressive non the less.....and he forgot to use 7X during one of the wizard modes!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1929166292

It's funny as I was there at an event where he played Bond early on and he had no idea what he was doing as it was still new. He just promptly destroyed the machine and was getting incredible score on it from the start. The guy just really is good at this

#11325 7 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, I had my premium for trade and got a bond pro and cash. I had a bunch of people reach out for it and still have people asking if I sold it. It’s definitely getting some attention. You see bonds now as trade options in posts where you never saw that. I love my pro. Very happy I was able to trade down to it and still have bond

I've seen lot of local folks who got Bond early who got rid of it, seeking to trade back or buy Bond again now that it's gotten code. Things clearly turned around on it.

#11462 6 months ago

Think it simply would be more fun to complete one of each of the films main modes to unlock it's corresponding wizard. Like you actually played through the movie, heres a big finale moment for that film.

#11637 6 months ago

Game is too easy now, want my money back

1 week later
#11898 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a HUO LE and really enjoying it, for the life of me I can't figure out what is being said at the beginning of Bird One mutiball. Watched the movie clips around that scene and still stumped. Anyone?

There is men in the crater, men in the crater. It's from the movie

2 months later
#13326 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did they not test this prior to releasing? It’s pretty stupid.

I'm sure they did, this seems to just to be again the case of licensor restrictions. We already can't have clips from different modes/films playing over each other, so this is just more of that sadly. They are working on this with handcuffs on.

#13347 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Closing up the outlanes is a HUGE modification. You probably never drain out of the sides.

Reporting him to the pinball police!

2 months later
#14691 56 days ago

I know folks want to keep the random aspect, but perhaps a choice option at some point given to players to perhaps progress down a path to achieve a specific wizard? Like if you beat say 2 modes tied to a single movie, that it will lock you into the rest of the modes for that movie to lead to a specific wizard. You still get random modes but you still need to beat two modes or such of a specific film to progress down a path. The current doing all 6 of one type of mode class thing is really awkward and perhaps really feels like it's placeholder?

1 month later
#15198 20 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's just so goddamn many of them.
6 hench
6 villains
6 Q
+ 6 Spectre
They aren't really gonna make you plow through all 24 of those to get to the wizard mode are they?!

Think they should change the rules to light the movie insert to at least be something like beat the Hench and Villain combo. To ask people to beat all four modes for 6 different films is nuts. Stuff like Spectre Weapons or Gadgets should be optional as they provide rewards besides just points.

#15201 20 days ago

I think challenging and near impossible are quite different things. I don't know of any wizard that requires 24 modes to get to. With the increasing shots to unlock said modes also, Bond will be one of the hardest wizards to reach

2 weeks later
#15407 6 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Even FF didn't get code today.

Watch it suddenly get code now

#15511 38 hours ago

So they changed alot of the high stakes to add quicker mode starts I guess as their answer to helping players get through modes quicker?

#15517 38 hours ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was hoping for a challenge mode (wizard like mode you can start via start button). I thought Mike V said they were going to have one for Bond.

They will probably add challenge mode in a future update. Lot of the challenge features have been added after the fact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.