IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lepstein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 1 year ago

Waiting patiently for our LE.

Got about 10 games in on James Bond 007 (Pro) at CafeOne Cafe One in Ormond Beach, FL.

After hearing some meh reviews, bad code reviews, can’t make the shots reviews, etc…. I was getting antsy that an investment into a JB may be a mistake. You can fix code, not layout/shots.

THE SHOTS ARE ALL GOOD and my 14 yo son hit each of them in his first game. The layout has mixes of flowing shots (left orbit is great and center around to upper flipper to Bond girl or henchman are great also) and pauses into the scuba eject or inner lane pause for videos.
You can hit all the shots without issue, the toughest for us to get consistently being the double ramp on right (thought this was supposed to be the “Gary ramp” )- tips?
The code/video assets are obviously pretty darn early, the out-lanes can really get you, and every once in a blue moon the car eject can roll over the car into the out lane. That’s it. The shots are there, the potential is there (it’s James Bond for goodness sakes), and reports of its demise or failure are vastly overstated. It’s a solid addition to any collection in my view and was really happy to keep playing.

Big shout out to Karl who runs Cafe One in Ormond Beach - great machines, fantastic food, really nice staff. Every pinball follower should stop by if they are driving down/up 95 on way to Orlando or Jacksonville in my opinion.

#282 1 year ago

Congratulations!! They look fantastic!!
Thought I had read all the plaque numbers would start with 00# to mimic the 007 theme. Is that true? Hard to make out on the pics.

#285 1 year ago

Looks like stern may want to send updated plaques if you request. Don’t want someone questioning authenticity of my LE. Attached the matrix. That said, it has zero impact on how it plays and I get that.

James-Bond-007-Feature-Matrix-dfkjhadf-compressed.pdfJames-Bond-007-Feature-Matrix-dfkjhadf-compressed.pdf
#368 1 year ago

How are the provided balls for the LE?
Any rust/pitting issues like mentioned for the pro models?
My LE coming in a week and wondering if I need to order new ones. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#1307 1 year ago

LE #922 set up and playing well.
We decided to take delivery after new year to let things slow down and avoid the weather.

Thank you game room guys in MI!! Great experience and we love it.
More code, pretty please.

062B6993-98E8-4AD9-8945-6663180983F9 (resized).jpeg062B6993-98E8-4AD9-8945-6663180983F9 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#5209 1 year ago

It was hard for me to hear any specifics of the next code update.
Did anyone pick up what will be in next update?

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Action suites are fine, but some parts of them are just re-worked 007 main theme stuff. Focusing on the more movie specific elements in them would be nice where the vocal theme is too slow. Would still like as much of the vocal stuff they have available in the game somehow, such as random end of game music like they did with Deadpool. The theme songs are iconic.

Agree 100%
Love the actual Bond music with vocals and patiently waiting for it to be involved somehow. It is part of experiencing a bond film.
At least at end of games and attract mode like mentioned above (allow locations to be able to turn off attract mode songs if they want in options).
If you’re checking this Mr Gomez, pretty please.

1 month later
#7229 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Excuse the GZ the glass was already off and various parts of the game in bits so it was just easier this way
Little campy/tongue in cheek tease, perfect for Connerys Bond era, anyway I just wanted to share this with fellow Bond fans and everyone here.
Bond is a #1 theme for me and with the latest code release bringing all the DB5 goodness it seemed the perfect time to share, had to add one of my favourite “Bond moments”.

That is amazing! You just made my day. If you ever offer those as mods please let me know.

1 week later
#7520 11 months ago

Sad to say the right ramp (villains ramp, not the henchman ramp) is consistently tough for me to hit.

Are most of you doing that off the left flipper or backhand off the right flipper? Maybe I’m coming at this wrong.

1 week later
#7784 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Hey everyone, newbie pin fan here. I picked up my first machine (maiden pro) here back in March and am looking for my second already! I really like the 007 pro machine and yes, I have read the posts here and on other forums but I wanted to ask here on the owners thread. Is the game getting better with each code update and where do we think it'll land as far as it's final popularity rank goes when the code is all said an done? AiQ or Deadpool range? Will it be as revered as my maiden or JP?
I ask because I LOVE the layout and am seriously considering buying it now when the prices are low just for that. I literally cant get enough of this game when i go on location, but when thinking about longevity and the possibility of resale one day, is it a machine that we think will stand the test of time and be easy to flip later on? Thanks!

We got a LE (our only LE) from the beginning because of theme, layout, and Gomez as the designer (maybe his last design). Have not regretted it, at all, for myself/our family. No issues with play, mechs, etc after a lot of plays. Each code update improves/expands the game a lot. I do think the games value will go up when code is done (like so many other games). Think people are letting their disappointment from an admittedly horrible launch blind them to the quality of the game. No one will remember the launch in 1-2 years.

Get a game that YOU love. It’s your money and you are the one that wants the “one more game” feeling to keep playing and enjoying.

Remember this is supposed to be FUN first and foremost. Get a game because it’s the right game for you and it will make you smile, plain and simple.

I can’t think of another recent Stern game I’d trade my bond for.

3 months later
#10967 7 months ago

Are they going to add more of the Bond music or Bond girl clips?

The music is so iconic and all the initial descriptions from Stern talked about at least several of the songs but now on 0.96 code and hardly any in there - one I can think of.

Did I miss something?
I’ve been a consistent Stern supporter though their lackluster reveal, initial minimal code, etc… but this bothers me. If you don’t have the rights to songs why say you do?

1 week later
#11314 7 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Headed to go grab a new pin tomorrow. Leaning towards bond. What’s the verdict on this one for pro or premium?

Premium/LE. Artwork is considerably better IMO and I think the bird1 and bond on a wand are under appreciated and likely will be used more in next updates.
That said, the pro model does flow better - less stop/go. When I’ve played pro though it was harder to follow progress in the game (how many locked balls for multiball, etc…). You’ll have fun either way

2 months later
#13139 4 months ago

Could use your opinion.

Need new balls for my JB LE. I’m assuming I can’t use the ninja balls from ballbaron? Will the bond on wand magnetize them quickly?

Carbon balls, standard, ninja? What’s best for this and a JP prem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lepstein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=lepstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.