IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 1 year ago

I just noticed something interesting! The side art of the left side of the machine shows "Little Nellie" autogyro being attacked by Brantly B2B helicopters. This is totally incorrect. The B2B was used by Osato in You Only Live Twice when he landed at his business and in search for Bond a Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. The B2B was never used in any attack scenes. It was the Bell 47 that was used. I wonder if they couldn't get right for the Bell 47??

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

We've been told by George that the art was same as on used on the orignal posters, just resized and re-laid out by Kevin O'Connor for Stern's use.
So I suspect that the original art from theatrical posters had the wrong helicopters and it wasn't a Stern error or rights issue.
Poster art the features stuff that doesn't happen in the movie seems to be pretty common especially for older films. The poster had to convince you to buy a ticket so they would sometimes exaggerate the art to make things more exciting than they were.

You are correct. I just looked up the original posters. That is very interesting. I’m wondering if back then the movie production company couldn’t secure the rights for a Bell 47? Do you need rights to show a picture of someone else’s product?

#110 1 year ago

This LE reminds me of GBLE. Sold out quickly, but then everyone complained about the code, etc. Resale was at original cost and sometimes below. Today they bring 2-3x original coat. Be interesting to see what a NIB 007LE will be in 5 years. Mine might just stay in the box.

#119 1 year ago

Thank was hyperbole. My point is that everyone loves to trash new games and then spends 2x as much after the code is complete. They complain about delays getting the game and then complain about the code even though it takes owners and players to let stern know about code problems and that takes time. BM66 is another example. They went as low as $6k and now $11k is the norm for a premium.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Man the rusty ball talk on Bond was NO JOKE. ALL the balls had rust on them in the Bond Pro I just unpacked. Made a mess of the silica gel pack, too. Worst I've ever had with a NIB Stern. More cost cutting or bad lot? Crazy.
If you have a Bond coming, make sure you have some balls available because the stock ones might be unusable.[quoted image]

That is ridiculous.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from APz:

Some games in, the spinner seems to come off really easily. I tried bending the bracket a bit.
At least my game also has a really annoying stuck ball place. It's in the right inlane, where the groove for the switch is. The post causes the ball to go into the hole and it gets stuck there every single time.
[quoted image]

Hmm. My XMLE did that. I had the pitch set too low.

#174 1 year ago

Dave Wilde just called me and said my LE is in his possession and will ship to me this week. Probably get it early next week.

#176 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see all the mods for Bond as it is the perfect theme for mods. I plan on putting a Rolex on the playfield. Helicopters, auto gyros, the white Toyota car, etc. so many great mods could be made.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I would say an Omega would be the right watch to put on there. The 007 edition is pretty awesome if it wasn’t overpriced right now.

I like omegas, but mine is the wrong vintage. You only live twice and diamonds are forever had a Gruen 510 watch. It was Rolex before and after those films with pulsar and Seiko led/lcd watches after and then Rolex and finally omega.

86F82EB0-79E7-4623-8A28-EE295D8A76C7 (resized).jpeg86F82EB0-79E7-4623-8A28-EE295D8A76C7 (resized).jpeg
#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

No kidding, maybe he is rethinking buying that super challenging SD machine where 90% of your shots come back on a wireform to your flipper lol.

Can you explain? Are you talking about Scooby Doo? I have only seen a preview for it. From what I could tell you don’t see much of the ball once it is more than 1/2 up the playfield.

#222 1 year ago

Should be interesting to see what the opinion of the Bond family of pins is in another 12-24 months when the code is complete. It appears that every new release is criticized severely and then a few years later is hailed as the greatest game ever. I think that Stern has figured out that if they want to sell $10k+ machines they need to make the code as good as possible. Bond is probably one of the greatest themes out there. I don't think Stern will fail on this one.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Hi. My name is Mike. I am a pinaholic. I wanted Bond then Scooby was like heeeeeyyyyyyyy you want meeeee. And I was like yes I do. So I was blinded and got Scooby. But the ghosts. My god the ghosts, They corrupted my mind and said I must trash Bond. So I was like “ok” and I did. But then Shaggy came by and kicked me and was like dude you can have both and Scooby was like yeah yeah. So I gave Scooby some treats and then I put my Bond premium order back in and now all is good! Mystery solved!

Instead of taking shaggy to the mystery machine to smoke weed and mess up your thought process, find a Bond girl. Much better.

#237 1 year ago

Since Code is the biggest issue facing all new pins is there a way that a sub forum can be made so that specific code ideas can be listed without all the superfluous comments in this thread. This information could be forwarded to Stern for possibly a quicker turn around on code updates.

#258 1 year ago

Looks like mine will be here Friday. Bond LE will be one of the most sought after pins a few years from now. This will likely be the one machine I keep when I move to FL full time.

93A7BAC4-8511-4087-88DD-2E6567D141CD (resized).jpeg93A7BAC4-8511-4087-88DD-2E6567D141CD (resized).jpeg
#261 1 year ago
Quoted from taylebl:

[quoted image]
You know your address is in this picture?

Yeah, I don’t care. I’m an elected official and already am on the radar. I use my real name on a lot of websites.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

He's the Commissioner! Love the title.

Yeah, Boss Hog, lol

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Yup, now we all know where to go to play Bond…and we can call first to make sure you’re not home

Lol, that will be fun. Someone tried that once. They now eat their food through a straw.

#278 1 year ago

LEs are looking good. This will be fun to watch the mods come out and code updated.

#288 1 year ago

I like the subtle art on the blades. I don't like over the top blade art. My attention is on the playfield.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

im gonna send you a xmas card

Thank you - Merry Christmas!

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Can’t wait to unbox in the morning!
[quoted image]

#2 that is pretty cool. At least you won't be killed right away. SPECTRE always kills #1 first

BTW, your box took a beating!

#392 1 year ago

Hmm…

71862736-77BD-44DA-91DB-2439E5099604 (resized).jpeg71862736-77BD-44DA-91DB-2439E5099604 (resized).jpeg
#395 1 year ago

Orange.

54EB6BD1-A568-4B58-BE05-0BFF2724776B (resized).jpeg54EB6BD1-A568-4B58-BE05-0BFF2724776B (resized).jpeg
#408 1 year ago

Unboxed and setup. Plays like it should.

019F9FFC-8981-4711-B4EB-96418893D555 (resized).jpeg019F9FFC-8981-4711-B4EB-96418893D555 (resized).jpeg2834F38A-0530-46F7-8EC1-0269B950FFD5 (resized).jpeg2834F38A-0530-46F7-8EC1-0269B950FFD5 (resized).jpeg481A678E-ACB9-417B-9B43-2F02C5682697 (resized).jpeg481A678E-ACB9-417B-9B43-2F02C5682697 (resized).jpeg5CB32ACC-FA97-4705-98AA-67ADB08D56F1 (resized).jpeg5CB32ACC-FA97-4705-98AA-67ADB08D56F1 (resized).jpegED7AE86D-7181-4AF1-838B-559CE09F5E70 (resized).jpegED7AE86D-7181-4AF1-838B-559CE09F5E70 (resized).jpeg
#429 1 year ago

The sound in the LE is amazing compared to my other LE like STLE. Don’t need a subwoofer with this one. Haters of this game will wish they bought it once the code is done. Fun machine.

My only gripe is if you shoot between the two ramps on the right and the ball comes back it will be STDM. The left orbit also seems hard to hit, but that is fine.

#452 1 year ago

I found a glitch. Sometimes when you start the jetpack multiball, the lock to stop the ball does not actuate until after the ball has passed the lock. The jetpack then has no ball to grab. Anyone else experience this?

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm hoping for a Christmas code update by the end of this week, but I don't think they announce them ahead of time. Past games had monthly (if not weekly) updates early on and Bond v0.70 was from November 22.

I would rather see less code updates, but more in each update. It is a PITA to reset all your game features after each update.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Don’t worry…I’ll still show up. I just have to crash glasairpilot ’s joint first since he sent out his address earlier…at least I assume that he was insisting we all stop by, anyway.

More the merrier! You are only about 2100 miles away from me

#564 1 year ago

So, two questions and one comment.

1. How are the movie modes completed? I have yet to get more than two movie modes lit and have no idea I I lit them.

2. What are the other 6 skill shots? Classified skill shot it is hitting the lit upper lane without using the flipper button to move the light. MI6 skill shot is hitting the lit upper light by moving it with the flipper button. No idea how to hit any other skill shots.

Comment: I consider myself an above average player. With that said, I can only hit the left orbit/jet pack ramp 1/3 of the time, henchman ramp 1/10th of the time, and villain ramp 1/3 of the time. I have 50 games on this machine and just can’t get the flow even if I don’t play my other games that screw up my timing.

#570 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses. So the movie modes are not in the code yet? They just light up randomly?

#617 1 year ago

I have about 60 games in now. Tough game to master shots which is good long term. I am done playing until code is updated. Not having the movie modes operational is kind of a key element to the theme.

#633 1 year ago

I must say, I like the new way of updating by WiFi.

Now, if Stern could replace their Commodore 64 computer and 300 baud modem for software updates that would be nice.

0891ED30-0B3C-4368-9717-16D7E71E4B8F (resized).jpeg0891ED30-0B3C-4368-9717-16D7E71E4B8F (resized).jpeg

#637 1 year ago

2 problems with .80. When you achieve Q Branch it does not light up until your next ball. Also, Blofeld does not light any shots. It appears to be just shoot anything.

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you shoot the rocket stand ups ?

Roger that. Thank you. Yes, rocket targets.

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Nothing impressive with the update.

Agreed. Cleaned up some things, but added no real gameplay changes. Until the movie modes are complete I don’t care what they do. Probably won’t update again until it is fully functional.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New code still doesn’t have any shaker integration. Still not a whole lot in the game, thought/wished they would have made more progress by now.

Like others have said - until code gets to 1.0 the game is nowhere close to being complete. I do believe that 007 will be one of the most sought after games in the future. Dream theme with some very challenging shots. Stern will deliver the code. Theme is too good for them to drop the ball.

#818 1 year ago

My fed ex came with a huge hole in the box. They obviously ran a fork lift through it. Luckily, it was on the backboard and put a slight dent in the metal. I didn’t claim it since it was so slight, but I will be the first to admit that shipping sucks just like everything else today. Too few people doing work and too many people expecting others to work. Next year will be interesting.

#949 1 year ago

This will be a great game when code is done. Leaving mine off until the next update. Without a complete theme it gets boring quickly.

#1055 1 year ago

So, I haven't seen at 60th anniversary in person, but from the videos posted from Stern I am having a hard time understanding how it is NOT a downgrade from the LE version. No car eject seat and no ramps. It looks like play would get boring quickly as the challenging ramps make the game interesting. I also like the art on the LE better. I do like the old style mechanical scoring simulated display and the odd-job hat toy is kind of cool. Not sure about the screen in the playfield. With that said, I usually miss all of the screen displays anyway since I am following the ball. I am pretty sure I made the right choice with the LE.

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Meh, as pinball goes this isn't bad other than the lack of code yet. Much better than rush out of the box.
I am definitely getting missed triggers on the bond girl loop though, fast shots only. Not too frequent. MRS will likely fix it, though I worry that could have it's own issues with the jetpack magnet waving around. Will try it out this weekend though. Definitely some other options to fix it based on what worked for that issue on Rush if the MRS turns out problematic.

I think I was getting missed triggers as well on the Bond girl loop and also the villain ramp.

#1116 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/149100

I guess I’m not the only one who thinks the 60th is not a good deal.

#1336 1 year ago

Adjusting the 3rd flipper so that it points to the underwater scene cover screw makes the henchman and bond girl shots much easier. Thank you for whoever suggested that adjustment.

As for the different games and their pricing - I just don't get it.

It seems that the pro gives you everything except the jetpack and the mechanical ball lock - both of which I could do without. I bought the LE as I always buy LE's, but I might not next time. The Premium for $4k less is a much better deal since you get everything the LE has minus some signatures and different art work. The one that is baffling me the most is the 60th anniversary. Supposedly, it encompasses all the bond men and every film, yet no movies to display - only a playfield screen that does nothing but help you understand the rules? The mechanical scoring is cool, but why wasn't this limited playfield designated as the Pro model if they were not going to give all the movies in the most expensive machine? And 500 is hardly a limited supply compared to the Batman SLE. The 60th anniversary should have had more cool toys such as an Odd Job hat that moves around like the ball does on Dracula or GB or maybe something cool like a Lotus car that flies off the pier into the water and then drives back up the beach? I'm having a hard time understanding the 60th design.

#1409 1 year ago

It amazes me how many machines gets damaged - and it is almost ALWAYS a fork truck running into the box or something falling on it. For $13k+ maybe Stern should build actual wooden crates for the machines and put foam in the void areas. My LE arrived with a big hole in the box that put a very small dent in the back on the head. Since it won't be seen I didn't send it back, but it could have easily been damage to the side of the head or cabinet.

I am hesitant to buy another new machine just because how awful shipping has become.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Here is a video of an Amazon stair dolly VS Bond LE. Worked great, worth every penny of the $1200.

That appears to work pretty good, but two young men like yourselves could easily dolly that machine up easy stairs like that.

1 week later
#2112 1 year ago

Having played my LE for 50 games or so I am done at least until multiball doesn't cause you to lose your current mode and the villains/henchmen are complete along with the movie modes.

As for the layout - I think it is pretty darn good. As for toys - the car with the ball out the top is excellent, the jetpack may be cool, but we will have to see what they do with it.

The rocket toy could have been much better. I should open and swallow the balls just like the movie. The underwater fight scene is hard to see. I would have liked to see a martini glass that you fill with balls and then it raises up and you bash it to release the balls (call it the "Shaken, not stirred" multiball). There are so many toys that could have been made awesome.

#2193 1 year ago

So, after really looking at the ramps and also the right side of the rocket where you lock the balls I have decided that I am very disappointed with the construction of the metal rails.

I took the suggestion of buying the Amazon trim to protect these sharp edges. While I was there, I removed the black bumper on the villain ramp and replaced it with the black Amazon trim. It not only fixed the damage happening to the rail and balls, but the added bonus is that the lip on the other side causes a ball that back tracks down the lane between the villain and henchmen ramp no longer goes STDM. Big improvement there.

I think stern should redesign the ramps and guides on my $14k toy and send me new ones. If not, I will no longer be buying a NIB machine as this is not acceptable. I can’t believe this passed QC.

C08699F6-30B8-46BE-8DA9-C16C2AF6A975 (resized).jpegC08699F6-30B8-46BE-8DA9-C16C2AF6A975 (resized).jpegC4BF0901-6CD1-46E3-8370-61E975A9BC84 (resized).jpegC4BF0901-6CD1-46E3-8370-61E975A9BC84 (resized).jpegD5D3B459-EE07-4104-B672-5BF38AC6CE11 (resized).jpegD5D3B459-EE07-4104-B672-5BF38AC6CE11 (resized).jpeg
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

The existing bumpers are fine everywhere but on the henchman ramp - they take the vast majority of the impact, deflect and minimize actual impact on the exposed edge behind it. It's a standard design and really does work fine. The problem with the henchman ramp is twofold - that bumper is set too far away from the ramp to do its job best for the upper flipper, but more importantly, where it sits means bricks off the lower flipper will dead-on it regularly, and HARD. Some impact and wear is normal in a pin, it's about managing it.

No, they are not. My rail to the right of the rocket had a big ding in it. All of these ramp rails should have been bent on the ends like my STLE and the villain ramp should have a better bumper that is on both sides and doesn’t take up the lane with a thick bumper on one side only.

2 weeks later
#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

And they should stop and wait for code, I refuse to play my game till the code is ready. Its like buying a brand new car and they haven't designed the steering wheel yet. Till then I have a British flag draped over this game like its dead to me.

I haven't turned mine one since the last update. Very boring without a goal. Good layout, but until the code is complete it is just furniture sitting there.

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Could someone please tell me what lights the film lights? for the life of me they just seem to light at random!

They mean nothing at this point. Code is still very basic @ .87. Until code gets to 1.0 I would expect much from the machine. I'm not even updating mine or playing it until we get to 1.0.

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

Anyone having problems with the drop targets not falling? Whats the fix

Only everyone that owns a 007 machine.

1 week later
#3528 1 year ago

Here is a good fix for the drop targets. As the previous poster indicated, remove the 4 screws and 3 connectors. Go to Home Depot and buy a $7 spring kit. Select springs of the same length, but thicker. There are 4 of them in the kit. Works perfectly.

4E0E1340-1320-4104-8582-B27754CE90C1 (resized).jpeg4E0E1340-1320-4104-8582-B27754CE90C1 (resized).jpegAC8E2219-3365-486C-8BAF-B2D2365ED9B8 (resized).jpegAC8E2219-3365-486C-8BAF-B2D2365ED9B8 (resized).jpeg
#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is this the spring kit that you purchased from Home Depot?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Spring-Assortment-Kit-84-Pack-13554/203133714
Thanks.
Gord

Yep, that is the kit

3 weeks later
#4765 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Changed up a few songs on my Pro, added Live and Let Die as the main song and Nobody does it better as the after game song. Still waiting for the code to develop before adding some extra music for modes etc. I know LaLD is not a Connery film but I love that tune.

Big improvement. Can you get rid of Qs ring for me now?

#4780 1 year ago

LEs selling for $11400 ask price now. Looks like $10k is in reach.

#5183 1 year ago

Update is an improvement. Appreciate the addition of some music tracks. Will leave turned off until the next update as there is not enough added to add any real play motivation.

4 weeks later
#6656 1 year ago

Little Nellie mode is simply hitting the targets in front of the rocket. Very disappointing game so far. Glad I have machines NIB that came with complete code out of the box. Will be interesting to see if this theme rebounds. Have seen LEs sold for $10,900. BM66 was the same way with Premiums sellings for $6500. They saved that game by fixing the code, but I never could warm up to the game. Sold mine after the code was complete.

#6666 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

That’s not how little Nellie works. You shoot the drops to light the right ramp or increase the value of the right ramp if it’s already lit.
No wonder you didn’t like the mode.

Ah, didn’t see that. Thank you. Completely changes my opinion. Best game ever. Can’t wait to hit the rocket 5 billion times again. I don’t care if the movie modes are ever coded or if the action button does nothing. The fact that Stern gives us any code at all is a gift.

1 week later
#6994 11 months ago

Ok, my LE says I must connect to insider to get code updates. I had already registered the machine and received updates previously. It also says the machine is offline when I put my QR code on the scanner. Pics following.

IMG_6657 (resized).jpegIMG_6657 (resized).jpegIMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpegIMG_6661 (resized).jpegIMG_6661 (resized).jpegIMG_6663 (resized).jpegIMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
#6999 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Is there a better wifi dongle that you can buy that would work?

I don’t think it has anything to do with the WiFi. The machine says I must register with insider; however, I already have. The machine says to register the machine and then when I try it says it is already registered, yet my insider account says I have no machines registered. I registered this machine the first day I got it and have installed all the updates to .90 with no problem.

#7001 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Once it’s registered, you can set it to download automatically. It will download in the background when the game is on without opening the menu.

Agreed, but again, the machine says it is not registered and when you try to register it says it is already registered and will not let you do anything with download settings.

IMG_6664 (resized).jpegIMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
#7012 11 months ago

Fixed insider by re-registering multiple times. It finally took. While some of the app features are nice, it is just another way to track customers so you can market to them.

#7110 11 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

There is not going to be a decent update until the license holder comes down off their high horse and lets Stern have all the video and audio content they need. I can just imagine Stern is dealing with some stodgy British lawyers who haven't seen a pinball machine since the 70s.

Who told you this? I highly doubt that licensing is holding up the code. That would have been worked out well before the game was put into production.

#7124 11 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sorry but you are way off. Many licensors hold on to their IP closely. Some more than other. Go back through and read the many, many references in this thread alone such as this one from the game designer himself:

Some licenses like Rush understand what is involved and are more than happy to give more and more. Others like Bond not so much. Sure they have a contract and are probably violating it by being so hard, but it is what it is.

I'm not saying that there are not obstacles, but those obstacles are navigated BEFORE a product is produced - not after. When Ford did the "Eddie Bauer" edition on their vehicles they didn't sell the truck without seat covers and name badges, get the approval later, and then send the "approved" items after the sale. Stern has decided to deliver an uncomplete product because they can.

Here is likely the honest truth: Stern has enjoyed an awesome time period where people are lined up with cash in hand to buy whatever they produce. They are bringing new pins to market as fast as possible to grab the cash that will be vaporizing soon due to inflation. They will concentrate on taking the cash while it is available and deliver code at their convenience because they know people have short memories and will buy another pin regardless of how long the code took on the last pin. I bought my last NIB Stern Pin with 007. I paid MSRP which is about $2500 more than I can pick up one now for. I will wait for Stern to announce a new game and then wait for someone to bail on it when they give up waiting for code. Ghost Busters, BM66, 007, and others have the same pattern: Everyone goes bonkers when announced, then a few people sell BEFORE the machines are delivered - usually for break even or a small profit, then others sell right after getting the machine for loss. About a year later prices rebound when the code is developed. The only way code will be "complete" upon delivery is when people stop paying MSRP 6 months ahead of delivery for a machine. When people stop buying an unfinished product, Stern will be forced to deliver a complete product. It will take a recession to cause this to happen - just too much stupid money floating around.

#7264 11 months ago

This game is a fun and difficult shooter - especially the side ramps. This is one of them games that you will be kicking yourself that you didn't pick one up for $10k or so. Gust like GBLE, 007 will receive the right code and be a keeper. Love the "Bond, James Bond" multiball mode. This is the kind of stuff we all want. One suggestion for a call out when you have a ball saved down an outlane: "You only live twice...."

#7267 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That would be a killer Outlane call…I guess when you lose your second ball ?

No. Instead of the "ball saved" callout when you lose a ball and it is saved, I would use the "you only live twice" part of that song.

#7358 11 months ago

Had a service message to check my spinner opto. Never seen an opto like this one since it doesn't have a transmitter and receiver. It is plugged in and when you spin the spinner or cover the opto with your finger you get no response in the switch test. Every other switch test looks fine. Checked the connections and they look good. Any other tests I can do or open a support ticket?

2 weeks later
#7907 10 months ago

How about a fix for the deafening sound made by "high stakes" and other modes that blast at full volume? Drives me crazy!

4 weeks later
#8805 9 months ago

Anyone else experiencing the upper orbit shot not registering? (The bond girl shot above the right ramps) This is very annoying when you are trying to complete a timed mode. Mine only registers about 50% of the time.

#8911 9 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yup, and here's my poor man's hack to achieve a 100% register rate:[quoted image]

Interesting. Do you think Stern would design something for this since it is a problem?

2 weeks later
#9328 9 months ago

While in jet pack multi-ball my back box speakers made a squeal and then quit completely with only the cabinet speaker working. When the multiball mode was over the back box speakers started working again, but had some static now and then. I tried the search feature but couldn’t find any others with the problem.

#9411 9 months ago

The long drawn out scenes every time you hit high stakes is driving me crazy. I would think it would be a simple code fix to skip scenes, but they will not correct the problem. I'm done playing this game until they fix this. I can drink a beer in the time it takes to go through all the scenes.

That leads to my next thought - I much prefer the old whitestar/SAM systems that booted immediately and had smaller DMDs that had animation. The long boot times are annoying and the movie scenes slow down play. If you are truly playing pinball you don't have time to look at the screen anyway. I think a game like Pulp Fiction with good call outs is a much better idea or simply going back to good systems that I can work on without surface mount components that cannot be repaired along with animated smaller DMDs.

4 months later
#13378 4 months ago

Anyone have a better fix for the right side loop shot registering the ball consistently as a shot? I used the extra slingshot plastic and a piece of foam under the ramp to hold it down and it works keeping the ball on the playfield and rolling over the switch, but it looks tacky and if you get an airball up there the ball will be stuck on top of the plastic.

#13384 4 months ago

Thank you. I saw that mod shortly after posting my question and I ordered it. Stern should have sent us all one of these.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.