IMG_3056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240301_065130_Stern IC (resized).jpg
Bond leaderboard 20240304 (resized).jpg
20240301_172503 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago

So, how much did MaxMillion make selling this thread?

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not hidden half the time like other current offerings.

Interesting. I thought the same thing watching the rollout vid for Scooby. It kind of looks like if Fischer-Price decided to build a game then this is what it would look like.

1 week later
#439 1 year ago

Some folks have said they found the side blade art lame. I think it is really, really amazing. The sketches remind me of what the film people call storyboard cards. It is unique on a pinball machine and I appreciate that.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Oh, and I love the dial phone next to the martini shaker. It's the little touches....

LOL! Frickin' sweetness right there! Love the mood lighting as well!

3 weeks later
#1552 1 year ago

Honestly, haven't had the opportunity to play Bond yet. Will be shopping for a new game shortly. Is this game more fun than Godzilla? Checked out the hype thread upon release and most were saying that it will be an awesome game with future code updates. Is it awesome now? Thanks.
PS: I am in no way trolling, just want an owner's assessment so I can make a somewhat informed decision when buying. I do prefer the Bond theme to Godzilla, but have a blast playing Godzilla.

#1897 1 year ago

Just played a Bond Pro for my first time at a bar. Found myself constantly going back to the change machine because I actually really enjoyed it. I say actually because I was going in with some preconceived notion that the game sucked because of licensing and code issues. Hell, I may have to get a Pro someday.

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

but why Moore?

Yes, just one giant photo of Mr. Lazenby would be my vote.

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Got my Pinstein translite for my Bond Premium today.

Wow. The difference in translites is night and day.

#2075 1 year ago

Can somebody post the link to Pinstein translites? THx

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's impossible to say right now since there's almost no game there. The table shoots really well and has a great feel when making combos, but there's zero way to evaluate the game itself in any meaningful way since it's half or less done. It's why I tell people waiting a year until it's done and evaluating it then is a good plan. Buy a finished game now and enjoy it for a year, then circle back and evaluate then.

Were there other Stern games released in the past that were initially sold with very little or poor code and then eventually climbed the ladder to a great game? Also, were there other games made in the past that "thought licensing was in the bag" then got caught in some type of bait and switch from a particular licensor?

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

A couple more Pinstein alt translite images with a bit more (I don't have a lot) room light. Good stuff.

Gorgeous games, but please take the Stern blanket off the machine. It's like hanging a beautiful Picasso on the wall and then putting a sheet over it...

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is today and for what Stern is charging they need to get it together. No excuses

But you forget, Stern resources are all concentrated on the upcoming March Cornerstone. Sad but true. Personally, I would rather they simply concentrate on putting out one outstanding game a year rather than pumping out quantity. But, I feel the public uearns for multiple titles to be released per year, thus degrading the quality of the product.

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

We all know when the next cornerstone will come out people might jump ship and that would cannibalise sells. Show them the potential of Bond with more modes now

Perhaps this is some often under-utilized strategy taught at the Wharton Business School?

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

New Code 0.84!

When?

#2227 1 year ago

I guess now, lol

#2231 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah new code looks like a lot of fixes.

Curious to read the upcoming feedback. I am on the fence for buying this machine. But, I kind of agree that this update seems like 90 percent bug fixes and not much in the way of content. Hope I am mistaken.

#2246 1 year ago

Just in case you did not see this posted twice already.

Quoted from PoMC:

RO V0.84.0 - January 24, 2023
=====================
- Replaced a Disco Volante Demolition video that was the wrong size.
- Fixed a bug with the pop bumper award thresholds not working correctly after
crossing an award threshold and/or between balls.
- Power Plant Points now awards 10 million points.
- Changed MAX pop bumper thresholds to 70 pop bumper hits.
- Fixed an issue with Orient Express grace period awards.
- Fixed the right orbit arrow in Orient Express when the side loop arrow should be the only lit shot.
- Added a SPECTRE Target adjustment and associated game logic that allows SPECTRE targets
to be spotted, i.e. the game will try to spot a SPECTRE target if it has not previously been hit.
This makes it easier to complete the SPECTRE targets and in turn, easier to light a SPECTRE Weapon.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition sound FX.
- Added new Orient Express sound FX.
- Fixed an issue during Orient Express where the right orbit combo arrow/light did not blink rapidly.
- Added a right orbit combo rule to Orient Express.
- Now available SPECTRE Weapons rotate automatically upon SPECTRE target completion.
- Removed logic from the Pop Bumpers from moving/rotating thru the available SPECTRE Weapons.
- Fixed several fonts so characters don't overlap.
- Added new mode rules for Orient Express. Shoot the right orbit to light the arrows on the right
side of the playfield for a combo. Additional right orbit and side loop shots continue the
combo sequence.
- Added Instant Info to show game award progress as well as Stern Insider Achievements collected.
- Outer Space Hijack is now 70 seconds long.
- Now the drop targets are available for the last 3 award shots during Outer Space Hijack.
- Shooting a lit ramp during Disco Volante Demolition will now temporarily light the left eject
for a 2X combo award.
- Changed the award fonts in Diamonds of Destruction, Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd, and Arrange Usual Reception Please.
- Now "He Blew a Fuse" award animations load/play more efficiently.
- Now "The Incredible Laser Ray" award animations load/play more efficiently.
- Added logic to load/play Orient Express award animations more efficiently.
- Reorganized Orient Express award animations to coincide with the accompanying video clip.
- Added blank frames to the end of the train award animation in Orient Express so the caboose completely
leaves the screen.
- Added 22 Insider Connected Achievements.
- Fixed a visual glitch in Orient Express that occurred when transitioning from an award video to the
looping background display effect.
- Changed Orient Express looping background video.
- Added a brief flash to the front of awarded Orient Express display effects.
- Fixed overlapping text in Training Grounds.
- Fixed a bug with SPECTRE Weapon Countdown modes that could score left lane shots multiple times.
- Now SPECTRE targets score a shot award during Outer Space Hijack.
- Now the Orient Express looping background video starts at 1 of 7 positions.
- Added a progress bar to Outer Space Hijack.
- Fixed a display bug that caused the final shot in Disco Volante Demolition to display incorrect information
- Added 4 new Disco Volante Demolition sound FX.
- Fixed the spelling of "HIJACK" in the Outer Space Hijack countdown mode.
- Changed the default time to complete Disco Volante Demolition, i.e. default = 70 Seconds.
- Added watch and knife award animations to Orient Express.
- Updated the score animation to sync with the moving train car animation in Orient Express.
- Added an additional Disco Volante Demolition award sound FX.
- Now it takes 10 shots to complete Disco Volante Demolition.
- Added an additional Disco Volante Demolition award display asset.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition award SFX with longer ring outs.
- Fixed the Disco Volante Demolition title text.
- Added a grenade animation to the right side of the screen for Disco Volante Demolition awards.
- Added award animations to Disco Volante Demolition to sync with award video clips.
- Added Orient Express award/intro/total SFX to sync with associated display effects.
- Adjusted text animation to match train cars seen in Orient Express.
- Added new Orient Express music with louder train SFX mixed in.
- Added/Removed an Orient Express video clip displayed during the award sequence.
- Added new Orient Express looping background display effect.
- Added new Orient Express Intro display effect.
- Now it takes 10 shots to Complete Orient Express.
- During Orient Express the music is no longer synced with the background display effect.
- Now Orient Express award clips are based upon movie assets.
- Now SPECTRE Weapons display instructions say "SHOT THE FLASHING ARROW".
- Added new Intro/Final Award/Total display effects to the Orient Express Henchmen mode.
- Added Intro/Total speech assets/logic to the Orient Express display effects.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Orient Express.
- Removed "SPECIAL PREVIEW MODELS" text from the attract mode and game start display effects.
- Added Encounter on the Orient Express as an available Henchmen Mode.
- Added new Orient Express background/award video clips.
- Changed the rules for Disco Volante Demolition. Now the left eject and side/right
ramp shots advance the rule.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition award sound FX that enable the subsequent award speech to heard better.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition background videos (with lights ON, lights OFF).
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition music mixed with SFX to correspond with the progress of the player
advancing the mode towards completion.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition Intro/Award/Complete/Incomplete sound FX to sync with associated video clips.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition Intro, Award, and Award Follow-Up speech.
- Changed the animated text seen in Outer Space Hijack.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition as an available Villain Mode.
- Added Intro/Award/Total/Complete/Incomplete display effects to Disco Volante Demolition.
- Fixed Outer Space Hijack award/total display effect conflicts.
- Changed text fonts used in Troublesome Tarantula. Added flashing instructions.
- Added more impactful Outer Space Hijack Intro/Award SFX.
- Changed the focus of the Outer Space Hijack flashing background lightshows.
- Added Outer Space Hijack Intro/Award/Complete sound FX to sync with associated video clips.
- Added additional looping background videos to Femme Fatale to better reflect
the progress made towards finishing the mode.
- Added the rocket as an available shot during Outer Space Hijack.
- Added ambient SFX to the Outer Space Hijack background music.
- Now drops remain up, blocking the rocket, during Outer Space Hijack.
- Added a rocket background lamp effect to Outer Space Hijack.
- Now SPECTRE Weapons reset after 6 modes have been played.
- Added Outer Space Hijack as an available SPECTRE Weapon Countdown Mode.
- Added reworked Outer Space Hijack music.
- Added Intro/Award/Total speech and follow-up speech to Outer Space Hijack.
- Changed the rules to Outer Space Hijack. Now it takes 8 shots to the Rocket
(via the left lane) to complete the mode.
- Added Intro/Award/Total display effects to Outer Space Hijack.
- Added "thousand" text animation to Arrange Usual Reception Please
- Updated to node board firmware/protocol v1.2.0

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Obviously I did not. Only saw the Pre/LE list.

Just joking around man. Not my intent to hurt feelings.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Don't be weird.

OK then don't post shit that has already been posted.

#2315 1 year ago

Still reading the comments after yesterday's code release. Can't tell if we should still hold out hope that this will be an amazing game once code develops more or if they are simply polishing a turd. There was an earlier post that progressing through shots did not build upon achievements, but rather just showed you more of a video clip. Thought that was interesting.

#2326 1 year ago

....Meanwhile back at the office of the Bond development team

B3039CC2-23B7-4CA1-B021-24C1F963F96C (resized).jpegB3039CC2-23B7-4CA1-B021-24C1F963F96C (resized).jpeg

#2336 1 year ago

My guess would be that the clip that was supposed to be used is held up in licensing approval purgatory. So instead of putting out another blank screen stating "pending licensing approval" the designers wanted to give the user something at least.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The actor who played Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever is the same actor who played Mr Henderson (a good guy) in You Only Live Twice.
Stern needed to put the main villain for Diamonds are Forever (Blofeld) on that insert tree. But there was already Blofeld there from You Only Love Twice so put the image of the Diamnonds are Forever Blofeld there but labeld him Mr Henderson instead.
Personally I think that was a confusing decision. They should have just called the first one "Blofeld 1.0" and the second one "Blofeld 2.0". It's the same character but fave was altered via plastic surgery.
The clip they use is from that mode is the correct movie, Diamonds are Forever. I think people are confusing the rocket in Diamonds with the Bird One rocket from You Only Live Twice.

...christ man, even the bad guys/good guys are a mess,

#2344 1 year ago

I see the potential for a lawsuit between Stern and the Bond licensor. Stern decided to build this game based on getting the license, correct? It seems that the piecemailing of licensor approval has impacted this game significanty in terms of quality and reputation.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, Stern suing a licensor would surely be a good move for all of their future licensing endeavors!

Fair point. Not saying it will/will not happen, just that it would be interesting to know if Stern entered into the licensing agreement knowing the high degree of scrutiny with licensor.

#2377 1 year ago

Keith Elwin called in to clean up team Gomez mess:

772235B6-C9CF-4416-AC50-77CB4F1E0AAF (resized).jpeg772235B6-C9CF-4416-AC50-77CB4F1E0AAF (resized).jpeg
#2568 1 year ago

I know that the pinside community is made up of individuals with quite diverse backgrounds. Is there somebody out there who has knowledge of how licensing works? In my pea brain, I figured the pinball company pays a one-time fee to use the images, video, audio of said license. But, it seems that this particular license is piece by piece. Does Stern have to enter into a specific contract for each and every audio or video clip? For example, the Q radioactive ring costs $100,000, the Rosa Klebb video is $60,000, etc, etc.

#2584 1 year ago

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

5:30 ET
"Thursday, February 2nd at 5:30pm Eastern, George Gomez joins us on PinTech LIVE to deep dive into the Premium and LE models of 007 James Bond Pinball."

2684BB50-65E2-4E3D-AF1E-ADAF62E706DE (resized).jpeg2684BB50-65E2-4E3D-AF1E-ADAF62E706DE (resized).jpeg
#2608 1 year ago

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

She's as much Ursula as that guy is Connery.

Hmm. Does not look like Connery one bit. Perhaps there was a licensing issue when this piece was made.

#2632 1 year ago

The lower one? looks really unnatural to me.

Wait a minute?!? Are there three arms??

#2649 1 year ago

I get what you guys are saying, but it is out of proportion in the art.
You can't see her arm which is completely behind her back and her shoulder isn't dropped, both of these add to the needed length to get down that far on her thigh.
In addition, her fingers are pointed forward not down, so she must have incredible wrist flexibility or an extra joint in her arm.
This looks drawn, and it's just not right.

Camel toe appears larger as well.

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I liked the ring scene the first three times I hit the mode.
I've seen it more than three times now.

Is this currently the only mode available? I played for awhile and the radioactive ring was the only one I saw regarding the Q target.

#2700 1 year ago

Curious to watch the upcoming Gomez stream. Hopefully people ask "polite yet direct questions."
I see this stream going one of two ways: either damage control (lots of sorrys) or solid information on where this game is going code-wise, i.e EXACT details of when code updates will be implemented and exactly what the code updates will be. Personally, I think they also owe us the real explanation regarding the licensing debacle. Obviously, licensing was once thought to be in the bag or the game never would have been given the green light. I think Gomez is a brilliant person and a very likable fellow, but we as the buyers of these very expensive toys should demand explanations.

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Polite and direct won't do it.

How do you foresee the stream?

E10005FD-1092-4835-A05E-96608391374C (resized).jpegE10005FD-1092-4835-A05E-96608391374C (resized).jpeg
#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Love the game but so far he over sold it.

They never do that! Lol

78FAC71F-BD32-4475-B723-8E8F9C57DAE5 (resized).jpeg78FAC71F-BD32-4475-B723-8E8F9C57DAE5 (resized).jpeg
#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Is the marco gomez stream still happening?

guess not. shoot... I was looking fwd

#2720 1 year ago

maybe there are also licensing issues with Twitch, Facebook and Youtube?

#2721 1 year ago

So I guess that is it. 12 minutes. I guess it is past 5pm East Coast time. I just thought it would be a bit more informative. At least we know there is a code update coming out soon!

#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

well played sir.

Apologies for the sarcastic tone. I just thought it would be longer.

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

they pretty clearly were having technical difficulties

no, i think that was it. They said code update next week.

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

So are they bringing that stream back up or they give up?

Hopefully they do not have to go through Stern tech support or it could be awhile.

#2758 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I missed this pause/comment, but doesn't sound encouraging.

George is a brilliant creator. Look at his resume of games. I think he is totally burned out with the licensing roadblocks interfering with his creativity. If I were him then I know I would be. Yes, I noticed the pause and then all the announcers got quiet and tried to move the subject along, but I mean what else is there to say about this topic? Actually, the stream renewed my confidence that George is not gonna let this one sit half baked. I appreciated some of his more candid answers.

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here are my notes from the streaming event with George Gomez and Mike Vinikour on 2/2/2023 if you don't want to watch a 2 hour long thing.

Thanks so much for the sweet notetaking! Really well organized.

#2768 1 year ago

Just reminded me of:

6CA26BE1-C4DA-4593-8146-6F78F7518006 (resized).jpeg6CA26BE1-C4DA-4593-8146-6F78F7518006 (resized).jpeg
#2795 1 year ago

While I can appreciate the merits of waxing, I find the required process to be time consuming, tedious, and unnecessary

D871ABD4-269E-4E1D-90DE-F1F26888D513.gifD871ABD4-269E-4E1D-90DE-F1F26888D513.gif
#2865 1 year ago

I have read that some call this game a fantastic shooter. Personally, I don't think it is. I do enjoy playing it, but "a fantastic shooter" is a bit of a stretch. The placement of the villain and henchmen ramps goes against the basic principle of dividing the playfield into thirds: bottom, mid, top and most importantly to keep the mid section free of "stuff" so the ball can gain momentum. But, that's me. Unfortunately, all the coding in the world cannot fix the design of the playfield. I have spoken with a few people who are getting off what they view as a sinking ship. To me that seems a bit harsh, but I do think the design of the playfield is annoying....and placing blame on code delays and licensing agreements overlooks this fact. Amazing theme, just wish it hadn't been such a rush job.

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Thanks for trying to save us from liking the pinball machines we have bought.
That would have been embarrassing.

I felt the ramp placement impeded gameflow. Apparently, not a popular position to take. Anyhow...

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You are incorrect, sir. Code is king and can save any game and any layout.

OK. I respectfully disagree, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

#3245 1 year ago

#3339 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeregelt:

Thanks a lot, BR from germany

Passau...one of the most beautiful parts of Bayern. Hopefully, the town is staying dry...I remember a few years back when it flooded.

1 week later
#3684 1 year ago

I was playing a Pro the other day at a bar and when I got the Jetpack multiball there were just two balls. I guess by definition two is multi, but was wondering if three balls is the way this multiball should play.

1 week later
#4014 1 year ago

Haven't checked this thread in awhile. Is the game awesome since the last code update?

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking for passable about May-ish. No chance for awesome before late summer/early Fall. LONG way to go.

I hope so. Too much potential on this game. It will be a bummer if Stern scraps the Bond updates in order to have "all hands on deck" for upcoming cornerstones...but I could see them doing that.

#4306 1 year ago

How many energy drinks did you just consume?

Quoted from Flips365:

I fought the lol, and the lol won. For real, that was good.
You guys and the code though...I need to be aquatinted with really bad code and really good code I guess. I've been fixing games (not pinball though) since 2010. Started at a manufacturer fixing circuit boards down to component level. I only started working on pinball machines in 2016. So, I'm still considering myself new at pinball. The repair I think I have a handle on. Playing pinball, I'm definitely worse than I am at repairing it. Knowing where the code is good and where the code is bad I feel blind and deaf. Could someone explain it to me like I'm 2 and dumb? I don't mind, as long as I start to get it. What's bad code and what's good code? You guys let me have it if you want. Just educate me here on this topic. Help me understand what's the big deal. Use examples like, we don't want to hear the girl talk about her working for the good guys. Is the gripe here that the machine says these things too often? What else? Concerning Bond, I like shooting the ramps, pop bumpers, Q branch, high stakes, and I like that my bond has done a good job of making me feel I have room for improvement. Lots of room in fact. Sure it could use some other music maybe, and yeah the other Gadgets, we were promised weapons will give us spoils when completed. These are things to look forward to. Things to be happy about. For now, is it so hard to enjoy what's already here? I confess I don't play mine everyday and of the four Bond's I service on route, I don't paly one or more of them everyday either. I think when I play a game I like the layout. The comedy that some have like Medieval Madness or Revenge from Mars. I like the Telekinesis ball lock. The building on Godzilla. All aspects of Medieval Madnesses actually. Catapults like on Aerosmith, MM (again), Houdini. I don't like houdini, but that shot into the trunk is the bees deez. I like the trap door on Dialed In, the moving target to charge the phone. I like attack from Mars, easy repeatable shots all over, it's combo city. I don't like Walking Dead, but I like nailing that fat guy and the bicycle girl. The extra ball shot on WD too. But none of that is code. Where is the code good or bad and why? Please be specific. Sorry, if this bothers any of you that these are dumb questions or it's so obvious to you and I can't see.

#4413 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Exactly, everything is mixed up and random currently. Ideally the Bond villain, henchman, Spectre weapon, and bond girl would be tied together somehow.

What the hell happened in the initial Bond design meeting? Lol. Honestly, they should probably start at code 0.0 again and go from there. Then there is a chance that this could be a great game (pending licensor approval of course).

#4415 1 year ago

This is a strange game to me. I love playing it (and I do not know why), but I am baffled by the video clip montages. Is it the point of the game to do special shots in order to watch a clip from the film? Some of the clips relate better than others. Some are really long and this creates a real start/stop gameplay.

#4774 12 months ago

I do not even own a Bond and I think I am more upset that many Bond owners posting on the thread. My anger stems from this game having such a kick-ass theme, but one of the worst rollouts in modern Stern history. I watched the Gomez thing on Marcos last month. I drank the kool-aid as well. I feel sick for George as I have a sneaking suspicion that he is not getting the support he requires. I do not see this title maturing into greatness such as Batman 66 or Ghostbusters. I feel Stern upper management has already made the business decision to move on.

#4868 12 months ago

I would imagine that Stern's screening process regarding potential licenses will be a tad more extensive next go.

Quoted from SimplePin:

Someone posted that the update was done but waiting on approval.

#4880 12 months ago

Why not send an email directly to Seth?

#4924 12 months ago

It can't be 750 bucks. Must be a typo. I think he meant 75 bucks..... right???

#4925 12 months ago

:

#5193 12 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

It's part of the moby version of the James Bond theme

Why is there a song from the late 1990s in machines with Dr No, You only Live Twice and Thunderball themes? WTF.

2 weeks later
#6233 11 months ago

Now that is pure comedy gold right there!

Quoted from joetechbob:

Given the current market, seems like a great time to snag a used or NIB LE on the cheap before they start rebounding over the next 6-12 months

#6244 11 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Nothin' funny about this deal!

Apologies. I thought you meant that the LEs were going to skyrocket in value. Who knows...they actually may if/when team Gomez decide to do something with this game. I sincerely hope so. I think the real issue is that the team responsible for Bond gets disbanded and redistributed to upcoming cornerstone games. There has to be a point where the Stern accountants (the real decision-makers in a business) look at the man hours put into developing code for this title vs putting those man hours into an upcoming title that has the potential to develop a greater return.

#6345 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just left the castle. A private party was great.
Royal Mile walk up is must see.
Going to St Andrew’s if you like golf.
Will update as we see stuff!

If you got the time, you can walk the length of Hadrian's wall. Takes about 5 days and you camp along the way. The village of Carlisle is a good starting point... typical cozy English pubs. Good times!

1 week later
#6689 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

On the contrary, recent raffles for FF and Scooby Doo literally sold out in minutes. Looks like there was one for a Bond Premium back in September, I don't recall how that one went but obviously that was before it became known what a mess it's been

Agree. Buy a raffle ticket for an LE. Don't want Bond.... then use it as trading stock for something else. I hate to see this LE raffle last longer than the Police Force raffle.

1 week later
#6958 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

what a muppet!

Calling somebody a muppet is a fairly common insult in Great Britain. Also calling somebody a bell-end is not nice either (watch the old British Top Gear show or The Grand Tour) and you will see this is one of James May's favorite insults.

#7045 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I have a bond pro that I like better then GZ premium so I feel you

I agree. Godzilla's code is too advanced. It takes away from the imagination. I prefer Bond's current code. It is not fun to have rules telling the player what to shoot for. It is better to leave that to the imagination and watch the ball bounce around. Plus it is more exciting if some type of mode is started and having no idea why it started.

#7056 10 months ago

May I ask a quick question: I see you are in Italy. When you buy the pinball machine do you use an American distributor? And if so, then do they have a certain number of machines that are already set up with the 220 v and proper power adapter for the wall outlets? Just curious.

Thank you.

PS: Having a Godfather game in Italy made me smile.

1 week later
#7464 10 months ago

?

1 month later
#9038 8 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

My IMDN Pro has been ignored lately because of 007!

Blasphemy!

#9127 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Thanks! I enjoy pinball and I'm a James Bond fan so of course I had to buy it! Luckily, the game is shaping up nicely.

So cool! Love the Faberge egg!

1 month later
#10678 6 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I bet we could get Gomez and Mike V to join us. Chicago is right in the center of the country so that would be a perfect spot.

Will they bring the company credit card?

3 weeks later
#11365 5 months ago

give me full features all day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Yes, and don't skimp on the Lumaleggz (best mod in the entire history of pinball IMHO).

3 months later
#13626 71 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed, a new version won't be numbered, but they'll still only run 500 of them and just say "we may run more in the future" and then never do. On the other hand, assuming by "premium level" they mean no powdercoat, no hd glass, no shaker, no fancy foil cab decals, etc. then I don't think most LE owners would care.

But it will have the LE price tag, correct?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
14,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=gandamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.