IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#755 1 year ago

Im considering selling or trading my original MM for Bond LE. I don’t play MM anymore as I’ve achieved all objectives, been knighted King of the Realm and no longer find the game challenging. As much as I love the theme, humor and artwork, I think it’s time to move on. Is Bond LE challenging enough to keep me interested and would you make this trade?

I also picked up Godzilla LE and Rush LE recently and find both have great flow, but are on the easy side and I’m quickly losing interest. That’s why I sold Elvira LE, Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, IJ, TZ and many other games…too easy and repetitive.

The only game I have my eye on right now is Bond LE or the upcoming Bond Super LE. Anyone regret buying Bond or is this title a home run? I know the code isn’t complete yet, but the LE is gorgeous and I see a lot of playfield inserts and modes which is a good indication there’s plenty to do to keep it challenging and interesting in a home collection.

If I can get a pulse check from Bond owners before I list MM, Rush or GZ for sale/trade, that would be helpful. I don’t want to make a mistake and regret selling a top 10 pin for Bond if it’s not a killer game. Should I pull the trigger now or wait for the code to mature further before deciding?

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is a great shooting pin with a very different feel, but there's absolutely no way to know if the pin will be great yet. It feels like about 2/3 of the game is still missing. You can do everything in .80 in 15-20 minutes if you can manage to avoid multiballs and actually finish the modes (multiball currently kills modes dead if you happen to fall into a multiball accidentally, which is very easy to do if you aren't paying attention).
I'd get something else in the meantime and keep an eye on how Bond develops. Nordman's AP pin is supposed to be imminent.

Thanks for the honest insight PinMonk, I appreciate it. I think I’ll hold off and see how things develop with this game then. 1000 LEs isn’t all that rare anyway, so they should be readily available. Other titles I’m considering are Black Knight LE and Stranger Things LE. I’ve never played ST and it’s ranked pretty high. What about Mandalorian? Anyway, if Bond code ends up being amazing, I’ll definitely make a deal to get one. Best to hold off for now, though, I guess.

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

MY opinion?
Black Knight Pro plays better than the Prem/LE, but neither are great games. The topper, however, is best in class.
Mando is boring (for me at least), and that rising mini-playfield is just dumb.
Stranger Things is fun, but the LEs are very pricey. Make sure to get a UV kit if you go this way.
Of the three you mentioned, Stranger Things is the clear winner.

OK, I’ll scratch Mando from the list. That topper on BK is incredible and I know the game is a punisher and very challenging, which I like. Like you said, it’s a good game, but probably not Top 20 for most. I’ll look for Stranger Things and Bond on location locally to play them and form an impression before deciding to drop big $. This hobby is getting crazy expensive, so mistakes can be costly. That Bond LE is a gorgeous game, though, no doubt about it. Hoping the code turns out to be something special

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’ll be honest, so far I don’t like it. The code could definitely evolve and make it a winner, but for me it is well behind the other sterns that I own. I should still be in the honeymoon phase, but after 40 games it ranks last in my collection.

Interesting and thanks for the honesty. How do you like Stranger Things and Batman 66? Those two are on my short wish list of pins. Are they deep and challenging? I remember playing Batman 66 a long time ago and it felt like a clunky mess. Then I believe the code got way better like Kiss. How do you like Dialed In? That’s the only JJP I wrote off, but I hear a lot that it’s underrated?

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Sure thing…. Bond reminds me of B66… I find both to be a bit clunky….although Bonds ramps are much, much smoother. B66 has the best, and deepest code I have played. There are so many ways to play the game. It’s probably the game we play the most
Stranger things - definitely in my top 5 - it has a similar layout/ structure as afm/mm but it is deeper. IMO… it has fantastic mood.
Dialed In is buttery smooth and fun to shoot. The code is pretty deep, but IMO flawed to a point that it hurts its longevity.

Very helpful, thank you. It sounds like Batman 66 and Stranger Things are winners…I’ll definitely research further. That Batman 66 Super LE listed in the Marketplace is tempting, but I’m sure the normal LE is just as fun and half the price. I’ve played Dialed In a few times and it felt very smooth with lots of shots and great code, but I just don’t connect with that theme at all. I love the way Black Knight LE looks and that topper is insane…keeping it on my shortlist. Led Zeppelin LE is also on the list and I’d like to find a Zep to play on location before buying

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Godzilla le and I think the EHOH 40th both have a relief in them….the SLE beats them both

My Maiden LE and Godzilla LE have foil cabinet art…they both look amazing. Elvira SE and 40th also have it, I believe

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Btw.. I don’t consider Stranger Things super deep…l‘d guess that Godzilla is deeper.
B66 is an A+ game for me in every aspect * other* than playfield design. I think the SLE has the best side art in pinball.

I think a Batman 66 LE would be a nice addition and that super deep code has my attention. Stranger Things, I couldn’t get into that horror theme, as cool as the UV kit is, so I’m thinking either Bond or Batman. Maybe I’ll sell two games and get a Batman SLE and yolo it, ha ha

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the Maiden LE foil is just flat. The Batman'66 SLE has raised parts. It's so well done.

That’s cool, I’m surprised you let your SLE go. Only 80 units is extremely rare

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I couldn't GIVE IT AWAY during the first year. I was so pissed about literally no updates for 6 months after Gomez promised updates "every 2 weeks until we getcha there" that I put it up for like $12k (a $3.5k loss) and there were ZERO takers. It WAS a box of lights at that point. Took it down and sat on it for a while.
Eventually sold it about 6 months later for about what I paid once the code started flowing. I was still pissed at Stern's terrible handling of it, like no spare parts for warranty claims on the SLE-specific stuff (the front coin door area started delaminating - tough luck we don't have replacement parts was Stern's stance).
At least my name lives on in the code.

Oh man, kind of like the JJP POTC situation, but far worse. At least POTC is a mostly complete game and a fantastic one at that. You must have been pissed when the masterpiece final code dropped for BM66, that sucks. I remember Kiss was another one of those games that took years for final code. I guess good things do come to those who wait, sometimes. I’ll probably look for a Batman 66 LE and watch Bond to see how it develops. That’s cool Adam recorded all of those first names for the SLEs…he must have had a lot of fun being part of that game.

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

It is hard to believe, but I actually disagree with PinMonk on something! His writings are usually spot on in my view, but we all have opinions including myself.
I own all of the stern spike two games and each are great in their own way. Some are horrendously rated such as Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Munsters, and some are top such as Godzilla and all of the other Elwin games. In my opinion, munsters is the least of the bunch and it is still a good game.
Mandalorian is a unique game and can be quite difficult. No wailing and flailing on this one. Our home pinball league members seem to really love this game. I certainly enjoy it. Players with good skills find this challenging. Same with turtles.
My son is an excellent player and we swap machines often. He is usually finished with a machine after posting a quick GC, often within a day or week. Recently, he ripped through Batman 66 in one week and black knight sword of rage in one day. These are both great games, but too easy for him (factory settings). What games does he find challenging? Ghostbusters premium with the crazy magnets and flipper gap, Stern Star Wars, Stern TMNT, Fishtales, Whitewater, and Rick and Morty. Speaking of hard and easy games, you can always adjust difficulty which many of us don’t bother with. This can make a huge difference for fun. I find most factory settings very challenging. Recently, I have been tightening up the tilt bobs as I have developed some bad habits. Fortunately, most pinball games I find very challenging and therefore fun. Some of you better players have different issues and you can adjust your game accordingly.
Games by other manufacturers are a lot of fun as well. I really enjoy hot wheels, legends of Valhalla, alien, Willy Wonka, Ultraman, and JJP guns and roses.
James Bond? Son had this (LE) at his house for two weeks and is pretty much finished with it, mainly because of the very limited code. He felt it was very fun to shoot and a beautiful game. Most people on this thread feel the same I believe.
My son and I currently own all of the mentioned games and have many plays on them.
Enjoy your shopping experience!

Thanks for the input Dave, I’ll give Mando a few plays and see if it clicks with me. Same with Turtles and Star Wars (again). I already have STLE and find it very deep and challenging and it’s a keeper. Zep LE is on my shortlist of games to add just because Zep is the goat and I love music pins. Munsters LE is an attractive game and it sure looks fun, but I’ve never played it. Will do a little research, but BM66 is the next incoming game based on feedback here. Sorry to Jack this thread and now back to Bond…James Bond!

1 week later
#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

What he did for my MET and TRON was awesome and unique. I also remember the total rock concert mod I bought for my AC/DC along with the shoot to thrill canon and also that tesseract cube mod for Avengers just to name a few I purchased over the years. Wish nothing but the best to STEVE and GIO. Of course GIO is not involve anymore but I kept great memories from each time we talked.

Nice comments. I own Gio’s former refinery Star Trek LE and it’s a beauty! The game has everything but the kitchen sink and some custom lighting mods in the backbox, nebula and ramps, custom backbox hinges, chrome galore, etc. I forget all the stuff he did to it, but he does amazing work. Super nice guy and I hope he’s doing well. Grateful to have picked up this game when I had the chance. Pinball Refinery rocks

70583D41-9B84-4DE1-B214-058C8EA15463 (resized).jpeg70583D41-9B84-4DE1-B214-058C8EA15463 (resized).jpegB01F5465-A104-4014-9517-87402FE86516 (resized).jpegB01F5465-A104-4014-9517-87402FE86516 (resized).jpegB2D929D9-32F9-49DD-8722-E7A9AB2950F3 (resized).jpegB2D929D9-32F9-49DD-8722-E7A9AB2950F3 (resized).jpegC425C57F-562D-4CCF-88D1-E83B20D91C00 (resized).jpegC425C57F-562D-4CCF-88D1-E83B20D91C00 (resized).jpegDD456E76-8843-4906-A1F0-92EF3413AE86 (resized).jpegDD456E76-8843-4906-A1F0-92EF3413AE86 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1759 1 year ago

I use Windex Ammonia free. Safe and smells good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=darkryder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.