IMG_4100 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4099 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This was the exact response I was looking for ! You hit the nail right on the coffins ;
I just bought a mandalorian pro, Godzilla premium, and toy story 4 LE in the last 3 months I just started pinball and got the bug B A D; I can’t stop playing !!!
Looking for my final pinball for my collection owning more then 4 just doesn’t do it for me space wise ;
So I was definitely wanting a deep and established game for my 4th ;(but still highly considering bond)
I think your fair analysis of waiting 13-16 months to see how it would turn out is pretty probably realistic and fantastic advice ;
I’m just a huge diehard bond fan and may even still buy it …
If I think Godzilla is hard what other polished stern modern game that is newbie friendly -mediocre with room to grow into advanced ? ;
; JP I’ve heard is way harder ; not sure about Deadpool;
Sorry if I went off topic a bit ;
I am still going to play and test James when the LE comes in and probably make a decision then and hopefully more feedback for bond will show up ; I don’t even see it in the top 100 yet surely ppl have written reviews for it …
Also why would stern release this game with such a shallow and short code?
Why didn’t they take the time to deepen the code and rule sets before releasing the game it seems like back ass backwards way to release a game so not polished? ;
If you can see the entire game in 15 minutes that’s absolutely terrible IMO
Unless their protocol for releasing games with no deep code is the norm .
.I’m new to pinball and stern so I don’t know much ….
But seems frustrating that they would do this ?
Anyone with any info or comments I’d love to hear your thoughts on anything
Forgive my ignorance or if I offended anyone
I know nothing about Any of this;
Thank you so much if anyone wishes to respond

You are in fort Lauderdale. I highly recommend going to glitch bar. They have 8 games. Last time I was there they had
GZ PRO
IMDN PRO
MANDO PRO
RUSH PRO
LED ZEP PREM
DEADPOOL PRO
AIQ PRO
STTNG

Note two of the games are up front, other 6 are in the back in a separate room, ask for the code for the back room at the bar.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Glitch has Bond Pro now. They took out Mando, Led Zep and STTNG. They got instead Star Wars Pro, Stranger Things, Black Knight Revenge, and TNA now also

Awesome, thanks for the update. I haven't been there in about 2 or 3 months, was hoping they got a bond pro, Time to definitely go back.

7 months later
#9852 7 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Anyone still looking for a topper, it would appear that Jason at Classic Game Rooms still has a few...

Link?

1 week later
#10104 7 months ago

Was at pinball Hall of Fame, they had an alternative translate on their bond pro. Has stern logo too, not sure where they got it but stern should have went this route.

PXL_20230811_230056917 (resized).jpgPXL_20230811_230056917 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10460 7 months ago

Played this game since release on location, early code was not the best, but the recent code updates has improved the game drastically. My premium arrives on Monday!!

Ordered the shaker as well, how has the integration been with the shaker so far?

#10483 7 months ago

She showed up. There goes the rest of my work day.

PXL_20230828_180926684 (resized).jpgPXL_20230828_180926684 (resized).jpgPXL_20230828_180953583 (resized).jpgPXL_20230828_180953583 (resized).jpg
#10547 7 months ago

Yeah I think if you could stack henchman with villain modes and gadgets and weapons that would be a big improvement to make completing the modes a little easier.
Jurassic Park does this really well, while in the paddock you can stack on the control room mode or a T-Rex mode.
Maybe something like that, Don't allow stacking a villain and a henchman but allow stacking one of those with either a gadget or a weapon.

1 week later
#10880 6 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

What are the chances someone more savvy than I will home brew more Bond songs and certain vids in strategic places once version 1.0 is done?
I can envision taking the completed game and adding what Stern would’ve loved to add if they could have afforded licensing.

To be fair to stern, with the exception of maybe Godzilla this game probably has the most assets of any game. 2 things missing, the goldfinger song and some video clips for the bond girls. We know the goldfinger song is a no-go from stern, we still could see bond girl clips.

I will put your chances at 12% that somebody adds things AND it's better than Stern and fits. Remember you can't just add stuff wherever you want. It needs to replace something that Stern has

#10895 6 months ago

You can just use Pinball Browser to update audio and video. As long as you start with the latest code then all the IC features and code features will be there.

I don't think there have been any confirmed cases of code bricking a machine and completely turning it into a paper weight, on purpose. I think there were some issues here and there with JP where they were using different node boards that would only work with certain versions of the code. I am a bit more optimistic I guess than others but I don't think stern is going to purposely turns someone's 7k+ machine into a complete non reversible paper weight without any kind of warning and just show Ralph from the Simpsons saying "haha".

If stern were to fight custom code they would warn you first and just not let the code run and not just kill your machine. I imagine you would simply get a message that said "You appear to be running unauthorized code, please install licensed code" and the game just wouldn't run but installing their code would work fine.

#11006 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If your wi-fi connection is poor this will happen, repeatedly.
I wheel my game over to the other side of the room when I install new code to get a better signal.

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
#11013 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dead serious!
At the shop I mooch my wi fi off my neighbors (they don't care) so I wheel the game about 15 feet over by the window when I download code.
If not, I get constant drops while downloading.

Fair enough, I figured it would just be easier to do a USB update first, and not moving a 200 lb machine

#11133 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah there's just not much useful in there. And the "good" awards - like start multiball - often happen when you don't want them to (before you've started a mode).
Some stuff you could add:
-add time for mode
-reduce time for mode (my preference lol)
-"boom button" kill shot for jackpot/mode shots
-add time for bond girl X
-add bond girl X (light one of the flashing bond women inserts)
-add-a-ball in multiball (most other sterns I can think of has this as a mystery award)

These are great ideas. I hate when it starts a multiball, that was one of my big complaints with GNR, One of the mystery awards's start song, which if you haven't built up anything before, the song is awful.

#11168 6 months ago

Did they reduce scoring on Bond, James Bond mini wizard mode with the latest code update? Just installed the code update last night and played that mode this morning. Actually feels like I made more shots than I usually do on it. But scoreed only about 90 million, old code I used to consistently get 150 to 200 million making what feels like less shots than I did today.

It would make sense because it also seems to have reset my high score for that mode, whereas the other high scores didn't reset.

#11187 6 months ago

At the start of jetpack how far over is bond supposed to go? Mine seems to hit the edge of the bird one wireform and kind of twitch back and forth. Is that the expectation?

#11253 6 months ago

I have the fix from electric playground and that fixed it for me 90%, after that I slightly bent the switch arm a tad, and am close to 100% now on the bond girl shot registering, so if you're still having some shots not registering after adding the electric playground fix, try slightly bending the switch arm that pressea the button below the playfield.

1 week later
#11489 6 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Not yet. Ball is still automatically launched after ball lock. And after ball is manually launched after BJB it goes only to the bumpers with no skill shot opportunity.

Yeah it is annoys me a lot. It won't let you bypass the pops on a ball lock. This should be a trivial change for them to allow.

#11528 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah the thing vanished out of thin air ; it’s for the bottom right side of the villain ramp that tiny screw that holds it ; I don’t think it’s super necessary screw but I’m a perfectionist; he was gonna take the entire right metal ramp apart to find it I said don’t bother;
If I need any more help I’ll let ya know ..
Stern is sending me the screw only problem is you can’t get anything in there to turn its sooo tight they said loctite and turn with pliers or finger tight lol

Do you have a magnetic pick up tool? I've used these to find missing screws.

#11624 5 months ago

Been out all day and haven't downloaded yet. How does it decide if it uses the multiplier or smart missile?

#11651 5 months ago

Bond day should be Saturday... The date Saturday is 1007

#11719 5 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Very cool how the topper lights up to show you who is up. Uses the IC profile color. Divides into 4 sections if there are 4 players.
Loving this new update. Team killed it on this one.
Can’t tell, can you hit the same skill shot again for another smart missle?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you are correct, I noticed it as well. Two balls in a row I hit the henchman ramp for the skill shot. The second time I did not get a smart missile

#11780 5 months ago

I am trying to determine if my bond on a wand is configured correctly. I ran through the calibration but it doesn't change.
Position 0.
Position 30.
Position 33.
Do the legs of your bond hit the wireform?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11894 5 months ago

For the right orbit, straight down the middle rejection I just used a tiny piece of mylar and that's enough to divert it. I would try that first if you have mylar

#11958 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I suspect part of the reason Stern didn't make the LE a GF theme was because they are planning to do a GF60th LE or SLE. Might've been hedging to see how completing the code would affect buyer/owner sentiment. And with the JP30th LE release just four years after the JPLE, Stern is gonna be Stern with any title they can run LEs for. I'm sure LEs are their highest profit margin runs. We basically paid $2K for the designer's autograph.

Agree with this plus I think they sell more total doing Thunderball LE followed by goldfinger LE then vice versa

#12036 5 months ago

Just had a game, first time activating seven times multiplier, used it on BJB and scored over 1 billion on the mode!! Then for the first time ever got six villains, shoot the jetpack ramp to feed the left flipper, shoot at the villain ramp. It deflects off the left post in front of the ramp and straight down. Damn middle! Of course it was my last ball....

Still loving this game. The code updates have been on point!

1 week later
#12159 5 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Slow night in the forum sooo
BJB... Ive come up with a way to ruin it.
I mainly use the mode to fully qualify the 7x, letting balls drain and just firing at the loop over and over (and then use the 7x as a ballsave/extraball). 7x aside this isnt a bad strategy to complete the mode. Also the only item you really can't qualify during BJB is the kissy rocket hits, so I make a point to get those collected in the other multiballs.
So letting the ball drain over and over in BJB without any penalty at all seems a little lame? wimpy? soft? improper? uncouth? offensive to the memory of QEII?
Maybe after X number of drains (?10) it goes down to one ball play (but still keeps the ball save). Then the BJB "drain on purpose strategy" might not be so great. In single ball youd get half the chances per the time left to drain and shoot the loop or the side ramp super.
Also Ill be sleeping on a billboard until my first downvote so please dont hold back.

I do a similar thing at the start of bird one in order to try to quality bird one extended MB. When the balls drop out of the rocket I go for the loop/henchmen ramp. If I miss the shot I just focus on the other balls coming out and I let the ball save fire them around the orbit again to keep shooting for the extension shots until ball save runs out.

#12177 5 months ago

Is there a way to know which of the four mini wizard mode you're about to start? I think the gold finger target changes which one but does it display which one somewhere. I played chaos at Crab key and don't want to play that one again lol

#12217 4 months ago

I agree with having a way to switch the diverter. One issue is though the lockdown bar button is used for multiplier and now also smart missile, so adding a third option is not the best but not sure else how you would do it.

#12220 4 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I've got the plastic cover on the multiplier loop and while it registers much more often, it's only registering about 65-70% of the time. Is there further adjustments others have made to make this register say 95-100% of the time like it should?
I guess I'm going to have to put a video camera on it to see exactly what's happening.
I've had a similar problem with the rocket rollover except it will register about 80% of the time.
The switches test out as working.

I was in the same boat. If you raise the playfield and find that switch, not sure how familiar you are looking at switches but the way they work is the thin metal bar that's above the playfield pushes down on a skinny metal flat piece that pushes down on a button and that's what registers the switch is being pressed.
I've had similar problems on other games, that thin metal piece that pushes the button. Remove the switch. You can slightly bend it so the default position is closer to the button itself so it takes less of a depression to trigger it.

You are ever so slightly bending it back to make the flat metal piece lower and the wire above the playfield slightly higher. If that makes sense. It only needs a very small adjustment.

I did this and mine now registers close to 100% of the time. Do this at your own risk. I don't want you to mess your game up because of me or break the switch.

If you remove the switch and look at how it works hopefully this makes sense. The switch test works because you are probably fully depressing the wire above the playfield

1 week later
#12307 4 months ago

My upper flipper is stock and have no issue hitting henchmen ramp or Bond girl loop. It's aligned same as yours.

be careful moving that flipper, too far and it could interfere with the left orbit entry/exit.

I would practice some more before messing with it.

#12378 4 months ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

Has anyone upgraded their speakers whether on bond or anything else. I want to upgrade to have the round color changing speaker kit like this pictured. are these good for a pro bond and pro tmnt? If not any recommendations. Is this an easy thing to do?
[quoted image]

I have these on my bond. Super easy install. Lots of customization available for patterns and color of the light show.

PXL_20231111_184020566 (resized).jpgPXL_20231111_184020566 (resized).jpg
#12381 4 months ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

Those look great. Did you order from pinball life? I have never ordered from them and I know people also order from speakerlightkits.com

Yes, that is what I meant, on my bond I have that pinball life kit.

#12397 4 months ago

If you update it over wifi or USB stick it keeps them but I think a new sd card image will wipe scores and features if you do not back themm up first

#12422 4 months ago

Well, my JP was the first to update and now in attract mode it shows ads for other games and insider connected lol.

1 week later
#12585 4 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So the first one, it should hold the ball on the magnet, take it to the center position, and hold until you hit the orange shot?

Second one you need to shoot the tank target when the ball is over the target on the top of the tank, that gives you an add a ball

1 week later
#12866 3 months ago

Bitten by a weird timing bug earlier today. At end of Bond James Bond mini wizard mode, the time ran out and as the time ran out both balls drained down the right outlane. Instead of a ball popping into the shooter lane to continue with my game, it just went to the bonus screen and my next ball. I assume there was some weird timing that happened with the end of the mode, the outlane switch triggering twice and the trough trigger to where the game thought I drained my new ball and not a ball from the mode.

1 week later
#13079 3 months ago

Once you've earned a quest badge, they should tell you what you did to earn it. Before you earn a badge I can click on it and it'll tell me what I need to do but I have some badges that I earned somehow and not sure what I did to get them and when I click on them they don't tell me.

They do this for milestone badges but not quest badges.

Screenshot_20231214-101218 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231214-101218 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231214-101245 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231214-101245 (resized).png
1 week later
#13309 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Really like the changes in this update though. Nice that they changed the insert color for Jetpack multiball so it doesn't get mixed in with the Fiona Volpe mode arrows.

Agreed, a welcome change, hope in the next update they do the same for bird MB.

1 week later
#13513 3 months ago

Marco, has the topper in stock with shipping included for 1,050 if anyone's looking for one.

4 weeks later
#14058 62 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:Question here. On ricochet shots. I was trying to go right flipper into pond VUK (extra ball).
I held my left flipper up to give some bounce down into pond.
I unintentionally hit the tip of the top flipper and threw it into the bong girl loop.
Been trying to re-recreate that shot.
Any folks here do that on a consistent basis as a strategy or was that just more of a blind squirrel luck shot I hit.

I have never done that and I also hold up the left flipper when shooting the vuk from the right and release the left flipper to help deflect I to the vuk.

Here is something else I do.
If you have the ball cradeled on the left flipper, shoot a backhand shot and hold the left flipper and you can use the upper flipper to deflect into the vuk from this side as well.

1 week later
#14199 54 days ago

I ha e had my premium 6 months and around 400 plays on it. I replaced all rubbers and post sleeves with titans, no issues with post sleeves breaking. Are some people's post sleeves tearing?

#14286 49 days ago

I won't derail too much further, hopefully we get 1.0 code soon to get us back in track.

Played venom pro and premium a few times, it was ok, didn't scream to me that I needed to buy one.

Venom's problem for my section of the market, people with 4-5 pins is that if you are going to add a pin there are a lot of better options out there.

I float between 4-5, currently at 4, and there are several other games I would rather add than venom.

Reminds me of avengers, not because it's also comic book but in that my last few purchases I had the same thought, I kinda like avengers, it's pretty fun but I would rather have Bond, or Elvira(pin I got before bond).

#14300 48 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

One easy inexpensive thing to cover up that big eyesore switch/gate is to get the small Litl Nelli and zip it to a mount and use the screw on top of the gate.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I added this for the bird one gate.
https://mezelmods.com/products/007-pinball-bullet-gate-assembly-cover?_pos=4&_sid=1fa2adfce&_ss=r

Screenshot_20240209-130649 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-130649 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#14664 30 days ago

When the insert by the bird 1 rocket is lit, does that mean you have to shoot the specter targets orr the rocket or just the gate entrance switch?
I feel like when that's lit I shoot it in there through the gate and don't get credit for the shot other times I do when it bounces around and hits other stuff. In switch test that switch registers no problem.

I assumed it was just the switch needed to get credit for the shot since there is a switch under the one-way gate.

I've played this game in several locations, Texas pinball festival last year and obviously a ton of games on my own machine and they all seem to act this way. Was curious if this was intended or do all our games need switch adjustments.

1 week later
#14760 23 days ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I use some of the lower scoring, hurry up, or death-modes (feeding frenzy) to just try and feed the loop as much as I can also. Same with multiballs...milk the ball save a bit and take some free shots at the loop and just let them drain. I tend to not really focus on the multipliers until I want to try and blow up a mode/multiball or if its late in the game and I just want to salvage my score.

100% this. Get them all flashing then start a multi-ball and just let the auto launch fire balls until ball save runs out and fire at the loop.

This is especially valuable during bird one multiball because shooting the loop or the henchman ramp three times gives you the multi ball extender.

BJB is another good mode for this because you have unlimited ball saved through the whole mode

#14797 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also this game is so generous with its extra balls. Even Elvira makes you work for it more.

Elvira has the fewest and hardest extra balls of a modern Stern.
All my other games have so many and some not very hard to get.

On 3 ball settings for my games. Total balls range with EBs when I play.
Bond 5-6, 6 probably 80% of the time.
JP 5-7
GZ 5-6

Elvira 3 -5 usually 3 or 4.

#14803 21 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’re getting 5-6 EBs a game on Bond? On factory settings? I can get 2 fairly often, by playing 6 total modes between villains and henchman. Occasionally a third by playing 3 more OR hitting that Bond Girl loop (now) 20+ times. 4 if I can manage both. But now we’re in rarified air. I can’t imagine 5 or 6.
Will you please explain how all the available EBs are achieved?

Haha no, same as you I get 2-3, 3/6 villain/hench and bond girl loops.
per my original post.

"TOTAL balls range with EBs when I play"

5-6 total balls per game not just extra balls.

1 week later
#14895 12 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Ok. Let’s get this crew chatting
I’m looking to buy my 3rd machine to go along with Bond, JJP POTC.
Considering
Godzilla, Foo, Twilight Zone and Lord of the Rings.
Love to get Bond owners thoughts and maybe I’m missing a gem.

JP is my favorite game without a doubt, had it almost 3 years and it's going nowhere. I have Bond and Godzilla also. For me all 3 of these games can be quite long players.

My other game is Elvira, is usually a shorter game but if definitely has some really awesome modes, especially later in the game. The outlanes are brutal and extra balls stingy compared to my others.

It depends on what you are looking for, I thought foo was ok, not one I would probably end up owning, also a long player.

If you have a location near you with a lot of games go play a bunch and see which one strikes your fancy the most.

1 week later
#15045 32 hours ago

Stern YouTube channel has a spot for venom 1.0 code stream.
Hopefully we are next.
On a side note, I just used a 7x multiplier on power pack MB, wow, do this if you can.

Screenshot_20240327-205659 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240327-205659 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=ZoraShinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.