IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1778 1 year ago

So how long do you current owners think it will take until Stern gets the code to where it needs to be? Has Stern hinted at what assets and how much (including needed additional music) will eventually be included?

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

My buddy and I played my premium today.
What a hot mess.
What other games on earth do you have to fear starting a multiball after starting a mode. Like Bam, you get a mode going, then FUCK I hit that damn ball lock and POOF my mode is just gone.
LOL the code on this game is a hot mess.
STERN. F-YOU

How about telling us how you really feel...

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is supposed to be 10 tracks but not sure all are in game yet.

10 tracks? I heard 6. Where did you hear 10?.. and why is it taking so long to add even a few more?

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

With all the angst here, what Stern game has ever been left on a non playable code? None I can think of. It's always going to make some unhappy when 1.0 arrives, but it is still a playable game. Be patient, cant imagine this will be the first game left completely unfinished.

Munsters?

#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Agreed! I need to pull it back and trim like a 1/16" of the side and top and it'll fit perfectly.
[quoted image]

You need to add his Ghostbusters translite to the game next to your James Bond. Big improvement there as well.

2 months later
#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

The new "Bond, James Bond" mode is cool, and I dig the music. Fun mode, and the music is great. The short Brosnan quote at the start might not be "period-correct", but the Moby audio pumps up the feel of the rest of the game. Keep pouring more fun like that into this game, and it'll be a hit.

Since they are open to using non Connery ers music, they should find a place for "A View To A Kill". It was the only Bond movie themed song to ever hit #1 on the Billboard charts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_View_to_a_Kill_(song)

#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Do yourself a favor and look for a good deal in The next 2-3 months on whatever model you want. They'll be around until the code is baked, but probably not once it gets there.

This game has the next Stranger Things written all over it. Trashed out of the gate due to poor, incomplete code and could be had cheao early on. Obviously, the game improved drastically as code, etc caught up. Problem with that game is Stern shut it down early due to poor sales. Now it is highly sought after.

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought the Moby Bond song was going to be the only modern music in the game.
I think thats ok for a wizard mode that wouldn't be used often. However I noticed some newer style Bond music that sometimes plays during normal game play instead of the standard Bond theme. It sounds like it might be the song "Bike Chase" from Tomorrow Never Dies which you can hear via the DJ mixer.
I'm glad they are playing other tracks instead if the same Bond theme over and over but I wish thay stayed consistent with using the John Barry (or John Barry style) music. The newer stuff mixed with the older during regular game play is a little jarring to me.
Maybe Stern could do something like Godzilla where you can pick the soundtrack style in settings; classic John Barry only, newer Bond music only, or a hybrid that mixes them together.

I understand why they are mixing up the music. Most of the old style Bond music is dull and doesn't work with pinball. I persinally gave no issue with it.

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Then why did you buy a Sean Connery Bond game? Do you not like the classic themes from these movies? Thats what the 60th version was for. Like I said before, I wouldn't buy Beatles and wished it had John Lennon and Paul Macartney tunes in it. I would want classic Beatles to go with the art and theme of the game.

Because I like the James Bond theme and movies. Connery is not my era, though. I wanted a Craig or Moore Bond game instead but I enjoy the theme enough I'll get one anyway.

No need to take my feelings on the 60's music personally. All I am saying is I'm okay with adding Bond themed music ftom other movies including non-Connery films. I'm not a purist in that regard. Bond is Bond to me. Apparently coders at Stern share that sentiment.

1 week later
#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At the home of Sean Connery. He was a milk delivery boy before becoming a model.
Ian Fleming was in the Royal Scotland guard
Naval intelligence. Shaped his Bond character.
Edinburgh is really cool.
Home of the real Brave heart too!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you there right now? Let me know what you think the must see sites are (castle is a given). We will be there in May.

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Utesichiban Hey, I'm coming to Utah next week for daughter's graduation from BYU. Any pinball locations you recommend? We're staying in SCL near the Temple (they live in SLC as my SIL goes to UU (ugh)).

Hey, glad you are making it back west (west... and the U are best. If you are staying downtown, your best bet for a public location is Quarters. If you are familiar with SLC, it is located in the building that I believe used to be the old Manhattan Club.

When will you be in town next week? I live in the Sandy/Ft Union area (mid Salt Lake valley). You are always welcome to come by and play at my place as well if you are in the area and out my way.

Jason

2 weeks later
#7031 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Is anyone else kinda jealous of the Foo Fighters and Godzilla crew? Both are extremely lively games compared to Bond right now. We’ll have our day, probably in September/October when code is done. but right now it’s hard not to be jealous.

No. I am selling my GZ premium to clear up space and funds for a Bond premium arriving in a few weeks. GZ is a good game but I have never connected with it the way many Pinsiders apparently have based on the rankings here.

1 week later
#7379 11 months ago

So did new code just drop? Anyone know the details of the updates?

2 weeks later
#7823 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Love my Bond, getting the most play of my modern stuff lately. He's right though, Maiden is the better game. It'd be top 5 easy if it had a different theme. Pretty easy to move, and Bond will be easy to pickup at a discount for at least another year.
Music is way better on bond though

Amen on the music. The reason I don't have and will never have Iron Maiden in my collection.

1 week later
#8121 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Looks like a prime piece to get busted, especially that front leading edge that overhangs the eject side...and at the prices he charges for his mods. PASS

Yep. Might be cool if his price isn't likely pushing 1k.

#8262 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Bruce Nightingale
Co-host of the Slam Tilt podcast

Never heard of him or his podcast. Why should we care what he thinks?

#8379 10 months ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

CrazyLevi, Bond is easily a better pin and more fun that 50 games in that list! it should be in the 8th spot or even lower. It sits next to my Godzilla and I havent played Godzilla since I got Bond as Bond is better!

Selling GZ and buying a Bond premium this weekend.

#8484 10 months ago

I am getting my Bond premium this weekend. I didn't think ahead but starting to think of a few mods that are good for this machine. Any recomnendations?

Does Stern have any art blades for Bond yet? Any opinion on the Wizard mod art blades? Is Stern going fo make a topper available for Bond (price)? Any insight from current owners is very appreciated.

#8517 10 months ago

Just took delivery of my new Bond premium and setting up. I am supposed to remove the foam attached to the divers under the playfield, right?

#8524 10 months ago

Got my Bond setup and currently updating code. Any setup recommendations to optimize gameplay (flipper settings, etc)?

Does the shaker add a lot to Bond. I typically put them on all my games but any insight is appreciated. I've read about a few tank mods available to upgrade the factory version. Any opinions on which one is best? Any other good mods or a mod that might help the left side of the game look a little less barren? Any ibsight is greatly appreciated.

#8662 9 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Just a word to design team if they’re reading:
Could this game please have some quick one-liner call outs from Connery, Bond girls, Q, M, etc? I enjoy the videos but the game will never feel complete without call outs. The dry wit and puns made Bond et al charming. More humor in this game would make it more fun.

And shorter clips. The long movie clips disrupt the gane flow too frequently... even holding the flippers together on some of the clips can take a bit to movr through them.

#8740 9 months ago

Only having had my Bond premium for a week now, I am confused by Jetpack multiball. What am I trying to do? He picks up one ball and holds it while I play the other. The only thing I see on the playfield is the orange arrow for the middle shot. When I hit that shot, seemingly nothing happens, it just keeps blinking no matter how nany times I hit it until the ball drains and he releases the other ball. What is the goal and what am I missing?

#8744 9 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

When you shoot the ball up the middle lane (towards the diverter if you have a Prem/LE) as soon as the ball hits the gate it will release the ball, shot should be timed so it drops the ball on the tank target. Is that gate switch working in test mode for you?

I'll have to check. It clearly isn't working correctly as hitting that ahot multiple times doesn't get him to release the ball. He only releases it ince the ball in play drains. He seems to get stuck with the ball over on the ball lock wire form. I've been wondering what the point of the Bond on the wand is given its performance so far.

#8869 9 months ago

Can anyone that has purchased the 007 topper comment specifically onnl what it does? I have a chance to buy one but am on the fence given the $1k price tag. I bit the bullet before for the EHOH $1k topper but that one seems to have a bit more going on.

Do we think Stern will stick with the 500 production number or is another oroduction inevitable?

1 week later
#9174 9 months ago

My center shot (ball lock shot) isn't registering during modes or for Bird Multiball. The ball lock works but it isn't registering any shots when arrows are lit for that center shot. It has been this way since it came out of the box a few weeks ago.

I checked for anything loose or disconnected underneath but couldn't find anything. Not getting any alerts or errors either. Any ideas? Bad switch?

#9295 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I always aim for the Henchmen ramp because a) it's a fun shot, b) you miss a fair bit so might as well take the op when it's setup for you, and c) if you brick it's pretty easy to recover and grab the villan or scuba scoop. Scuba is my ideal backup shot, as I might as well notch towards JP.

I always aim for the middle loxk shot but it doesn't register. Anyone have insight what the problem might be?

Quoted from Grantman:

Jetpack with ball moves around. Just hit the center gate the first time and it falls wherever, doesn't matter. The second time it grabs it (same multiball) you aim for the tank target and time it so it drops the ball on top of the tank to get a super jackpot. Third time you also do that but you can control the jetpack left-right with the flippers.

Damn, my game is totally screwed up and has been that way since it ledt the box. Bond on a wand just sits there over the center lane gate holding the ball. He doesn't drop the ball until the first drains and always in that same spot where he sits doing nothing. Oh, and that same center lane (doubles as the ball lock shot) doesn't register any shots during modes. Another Stern out of the box problem ridden &10k toy.

#9407 9 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I normally don’t give a shit about toppers but I’m a huge bond fan (the pin, the movies, and the books), so if I was going to buy one this is really the first one that’s tempted me but for 1K ehhhhh I can’t stomach it. Would love to have one but there’s a lot more I’d rather sink a grand into.

I don’t see $1k in topper here. This is one that should have been priced in the $600-$700 range IMO.

#9416 9 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I mean I agree... but these things were nearly impossible to find at $1000. The profit margin on these things has to be enormous.

Yeah, like $900. The EHOH topper seemed outrageous at $1k but it appears to be twice the topper this thing is.

#9417 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Topper prices are damn silly, period. But I will say this is the best looking topper I've seen them do outside of maybe Elvira. And I'm about certain the BOM, while surely leaving a crazy margin, is higher than any outside of maybe - maybe - Mando. This thing is solid metal, must have a ton of LEDs, and is HEAVY. My buddy is a topper guy, got the GZ one and Mando...this is the only one I'd consider buying. I absolutely get being out on any of them at the prices stern charges though. Personally I still think I'm kinda an idiot for paying for an LE in the first place...but damn I love this game and the LE looks sweet :p
That said, I *may* wind up with an extra one, and if I do I'm gonna sit on it and try to trade for a BKSOR topper down the road. Wife wants that game bad, and the topper is sweet....but no damn way I'm paying 2500 for one, lol.

Mark my words, if they sell kut, Stern will make more and the price will drop.

#9425 9 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think they will make more, but they ain't dropping the price! In the past, all of the second runs have been at considerably more expensive.
I remember when I passed on the Munsters' topper - I thought it was too $$$ for what it was. I was partially right, it was too expensive for what it was, but... it's worth 4x that now.

I know their price won’t drop. What will is the price on the used, secondary market.

#9426 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Topper prices are damn silly, period. But I will say this is the best looking topper I've seen them do outside of maybe Elvira. And I'm about certain the BOM, while surely leaving a crazy margin, is higher than any outside of maybe - maybe - Mando. This thing is solid metal, must have a ton of LEDs, and is HEAVY. My buddy is a topper guy, got the GZ one and Mando...this is the only one I'd consider buying. I absolutely get being out on any of them at the prices stern charges though. Personally I still think I'm kinda an idiot for paying for an LE in the first place...but damn I love this game and the LE looks sweet :p
That said, I *may* wind up with an extra one, and if I do I'm gonna sit on it and try to trade for a BKSOR topper down the road. Wife wants that game bad, and the topper is sweet....but no damn way I'm paying 2500 for one, lol.

We’ll agree to disagree. To my eye, it looks pretty simple and basic.

#9427 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can't you just hit both flippers and skip the animations? I've only had Bond for about a week, but thats how it works on my other stern machines, and Bond from what I've experienced so far.

The problem is sometimes there are three different scenes or scuba diver, etc things to button and scroll through. I’m with those that say Stern needs to figure out a way to speed up some of these scenes. It can kill the game flow.

#9491 9 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Retro Refurbs swiped Pinstein's translight design. I got mine from Pinstein, when you contact him he has 3 of them that are subtly different with different color lettering and lines. It's a bit different than the one from Pinballjah.
I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.[quoted image]

How much are these translites? Any of the 3 without the scantilly clad women?

#9506 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This is what I seem to remember. RetroRefurbs copying someones (apparently Pinsteins). I reached out to Pinstein and Pinbballjah both earlier today, had a look at both, and ultimately ordered the one from Pinstein. They both looked great, but I also liked the villains being portrayed. The scantily clad women didn't hurt anything either

That is great. Price?

#9565 8 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Any misses on that switch just flat out sucks. It’s not slowing the ball down at all from what I can tell. Of course technically it does since it touches the plastic but it’s far from noticeable.
George as flat out said it’s not a problem he’s seen, which is telling in terms of the likelihood they will offer a fix.

I will take one as well. How do I get on the list?

#9704 8 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I used the springs that you can get at Home Depot and they fixed it 100%. Plus you can get them on your way home from work. If that helps at all.

Which begs the question, why is Stern still churning out Bonds with this issue when this has been a known issue since launch? Mine is a mid May made premium and has the issue. What the hell....

#9831 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK the Bond topper is definitely better looking in person than I expected and it weighs a ton! Definitely a solid unit. Kind of disappointed there is no numbered limited edition plate. Guess we will have to trust Stern not to make more than 500![quoted image]

If they sold out, Stern will make more. Take it to the bank.

#9844 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

They sent me the springs for free. Call them, they’ll do the same for you.
Be stubborn all you want, but it’s a better and free longer term solution.

Stern sent new drop target springs for free?

#9869 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just think we got super lucky with this theme from Stern and how it turned out. I am glad it is retro looking with movie poster art that feels like the Bond movies. It could have gone another direction like Godzilla and others with a cartoon connery or ignored the whole premis and created another bright crayon mess like the rest of the games. This game doesn't blend in and stands out. It also honors the theme and someone didn't try making it their own. Wish they did more of this for loyal fans of these titles by keeping it true.

For me, super lucky would have been a Craig movie themed Bond instead of Connery. I like Bond movies and the theme generally but Connery is my dad's Bond.

#9884 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Connery was my grandfathers Bond, so what’s your point? I think that mod era and the cool factor of Connery playing Bond is as badass as it will ever get. Daniel Craig’s Bond was awesome, Skyfall is probably my favorite Bond of all time, but Craig never got as classic cool as Connery did.
So you have to be from that era to enjoy it? Should I throwaway my Wizard of Oz pin because the movie was made 4 generations before me? Should I chuck my 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible because it was made 30 years before I was born?
This is just silliness.

Relax Francis. I didn't say I didn't like the game. I just said ideal for me would have been a modern Craog Bond themed pin. As for your question about Wizard of Oz, the answer is a resounding yes...get rid of it. One of my least favorite pins I've ever owned. I couldn't sell it fast enough.

#9951 8 months ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
Here it is the Mustang Mach 1 with lights and sign for your left plastic. We respect Mister James Bond.
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08884-ford-mustang-mach-1-inclined-with-lights-ped-walk-sign
Note : the mod contains car, plastic, sign and bulb for connected lights.
Just put the mod on your original plastic. Just two screw to mount our mod and one bulb to change with ours.
The mod respects the movie see the image when Bond goes on a pedestrian walk.
Have a nice day !
Pino Pinball Mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So wss the Ped sign in the movie? I need to rewatch thr movie. I haven't seen it since I was a little kid .

#9953 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Scuba shot is awesomeness. It was criticized a lot but after playing 10 games I realized its quite challenging, fun and unique.
Congrats on the new game!

I haven't warmed up to it yet. So many Bond toys from the movies over the years they could have put over there.

#9966 8 months ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
Here it is the Mustang Mach 1 with lights and sign for your left plastic. We respect Mister James Bond.
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08884-ford-mustang-mach-1-inclined-with-lights-ped-walk-sign
Note : the mod contains car, plastic, sign and bulb for connected lights.
Just put the mod on your original plastic. Just two screw to mount our mod and one bulb to change with ours.
The mod respects the movie see the image when Bond goes on a pedestrian walk.
Have a nice day !
Pino Pinball Mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When do the headlights come on during gameplay?

#9991 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

FYI: for those that aren’t on FB, George’s response to Pierce on BJB mode.
[quoted image]

The Bond, James Bond mode with Moby music is my favorite parts of the game I've experienced so far. It livens up the game, vibe, and mode.

I don't get people complaining that it doesn't belong. It is a James Bond themed pin. I wouldn't have even tbought twice about it if I hadn't read a couple of Connery purists complaining about it here a few months ago. Like Gomez said, it fits the mode and feels right.

#9994 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Goldfinger wizard mode! Topper effects!

I like the Goldfinger wizard mode. The topper stuff means little unless you own one of course.

Does anyone know if they plan on doing more with Bond on a wand? It is great he picks up the ball and hovers over the targets during jetpack multiballs. It would be nice if he moved around a bit more during these modes, though.

#10013 8 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I used to get an email whenever a code update is available for my Bond LE. The last couple of updates I have not been receiving the notification email. I checked all SPAM and JUNK email folders and they are not going there.
Did Stern stop sending out these emails?
Gord

Just to you...

#10053 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahoy Bond
Crab
Goldfinger
Minis. I keep getting Ahoy. The GF target changes the mode select like pops for Q branch.
How do you know which mini is lit?
This game kicks ass!
Great job Mike V and Lonnie and team.
I’m not beneath paying big bribes to get some Bond girl clips in there if you are reading this!
Bring it home.

Lots of great modes. The coding team needs to add more high score saves for modes and wizard modes.

Lonnie did the same thing with Stranger Things. Very few high score options which in my opinion is a miss. It doesn't need to be like Elwin's pins with high scores for 50 differnt random things but there should be more. That would be pretty easy to add too. I don't know if it is laziness or something else.

#10059 8 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

On eBay one sold for $1800 and $2500. One on pinside for $2000 currently. I may sell mine if I could get that out of it. If only 500 these will be $3500 like other rare toppers.

There will be more made. I have to laugh at anyone paying that much for any topper... this one while nice, isn't one I'd even consider paying $1k for. Those days are over for me.

#10061 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah there is no number on the topper and it seems like there will be plenty of them. They do not appear to be limited. Someone said even Gomez confirmed that.

I think all the new topper stuff they put in the latest code suggests more on the way.

#10065 8 months ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Stern could change their minds and not produce more but only time will tell

They could but Stern loves money. They will make more as long as their is some demand. A few more flippers getting $1800-$2k for that topper and you'll see more in the not too distant future.

#10071 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That could be said for a lot of toppers but they havent produced more. Like black knight. But with this game being newer Im sure its likely. The topper is legit awesome in person.

I saw it on the Bond 60th at the PHOF in Vegas this week for the first time. I know some will flame me for saying this but I expected more for $1k. Sorry, I am just being honest… and I have toppers for over half my games so I am not an anti topper type of guy.

#10079 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to feel like you.
But then I bought a bond topper.
Now, I will defend toppers with my life, and insult, berate, and otherwise abuse all who besmirch the mighty topper!!!
(Also I only spent $1,000 on mine. Such a bargain!)

I like toppers and have purchased Stern toppers for my EHOH and Stranger Things in the past. If this one had been $600-$700 like Stranger Things, I would have bought it.

The Elvira topper was $1k but does more than thw Bond topper IMO. I guess I just didn't see $1k worth of topper on this one. I'm sure some will disagree with me which is fine. Just calling it how I see it.

#10080 8 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I was there about a week ago and saw it on that machine also. I truly didn’t even think about the price when I looked at it, and my impression was that it’s just ok and a simple light show on the Bond logo. Not bad but not amazing. But I also was in a bit of a funk after walking around and seeing about 75% of the pins at the place were turned off.

Agreed. I was very surprised how many of their games were out of order. It was the first time I've been to the new location but before pandemic, I visited fairly frequently at the old location (I am in Vegas 2-3x a month for work). It was the worst I've ever seen it and maintenance has always been an issue there.

I waa also surprised how many games weren't there. No Stranger Things, Alien, Scooby Doo, Godfather, or any number of newer games.

#10095 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh I don't know, probably because their is huge picture of Connery on the backglass and Pierce Bronson's voice is spoken? Not even the best Bond...James Bond phrase either. That could have been dubbed easily. I don't want to hear Michael Keaton say "I'm Batman" while playing "66".
We were told the art is the way it is because of the licensor being strict but they let this fly? There are many Connery songs that are better than this we have stated like Thunderball but they just don't want to spend the cash. Moby is cheap filler from the 60th carried over and I'm not falling for it. I like Moore than Connery but if they used him I would still complain. All I think of is how bad Tommorrow Never Dies was and they played this song all the time while he evades 400k bullets through the entire movie. I'm also a big Moby fan but fail to understand why this track was chosen?

I am a fan of the Bond franchise in general which is why I bought the game. I honestly don't care if they take a few small liberties with something like the Moby Bond mode just because.they chose to focus on Connery Bond for the game.

I had no idea who the voices were in the Moby Bond mode nor did or do I care. It is a cool mode and the mode just works.

I am admittedly not a purist on stuff like that, though. I added several songs from season 3 & 4 from Stranger Things via Pinbrowser to Clelands code (Running Up That Hill, Sunglasses At Night, You Spin Me Round for multiball) even though the game is just season 1 & 2. To me it is Stranger Things so I don't care if some if the music in my machine came from different seasons.

#10101 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks great. If P1 doesn't come through I'll buy one.

Used to be against them but I got sucked in and now I find they level up the games. Spoiled with amazing Rush and Tilt JP toppers.

Nothing better than Pussy

Agree on the Tilt JP topper. I have it and like it better than Sterns.

#10169 8 months ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

My 007 Topper Box arrived last week from Marco As you can see the cardboard box was damaged in shipping .. Fed Ex . fortunately the foam packing saved it with zero damage to the actual topper .. Lucky Me !
It is completely worth the $ 1,049 ….
[quoted image]

Looks like Marco had it on their demo model for a month before repackaging and sending it to you .

1 month later
#11242 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yup. These modes feel completely wasted right now.

I feel the same about Q modes. Sone of these are way to long and hard to finish. Spectre and Q modes just get in the way of game progression. This game's code still needs some cleaning/speeding up and polishing IMO

4 weeks later
#12015 6 months ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

Just lube up the pole that goes through the square diamond piece?

Thats what she said.

1 month later
#12519 5 months ago

Stern doing Stern things. It is all about the benjamins, not the customer experience.

#12520 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

We waited five weeks for that? Looks like a day’s worth of coding work.
I guess the coders at Stern have been working on other projects.

Taking the holidays off.

1 month later
#13530 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks Rob and Don for such a great Mod Show!
In Before The Lock episode 4.
Best mod of 2023
https://www.youtube.com/live/kCg4EB0gDRA?si=ThxCQaAxUaL2o4ga

What is the mod?

#13531 3 months ago

Someone posted a Mustang car mod several months back for the left side of the game. Does anyone remember it or can repost the info on price, how to order, etc?

#13536 3 months ago

Thank you! Is there a Bond dedicated mod thread as well? Guess I missed that one.

#13569 3 months ago
Quoted from NeonBaller:

Yes, the faceplate has the 60th logo on it.

Anyone know if the Bond 60th translite fits the Bond premium? I have been contemplating replacing thr premium translite and like the 60th version better (I don't care that it isn't just Connery).

I'm just not sure if the color scheme would matche okay or if it would fit properly. Any insight or thoughts are appreciated.

#13575 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Anyone know if the Bond 60th translite fits the Bond premium? I have been contemplating replacing thr premium translite and like the 60th version better (I don't care that it isn't just Connery).
I'm just not sure if the color scheme would matche okay or if it would fit properly. Any insight or thoughts are appreciated.

Anyone, anyone…?

#13596 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Goldfinger LE slated for release after 1.0 code?

I heard it is on deck for the next Bond run. Gold plated coin door for only 30k.

#13717 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

It’s personal preference, for me
The Pro was the winner because I liked the art better and I wanted to save some money so I could buy more machines. Even if someone gave me a Premium I would prefer the pro for the flow.
There is a whole other camp that loves the kinetics and the extras. So it honestly comes down to what you want, you can’t go wrong with either.
Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes? Blondes are prettier but they are higher maintenance (bond on the wand, more parts to break). Brunettes are also sexy af and I wouldn’t say you’re missing out on blondes if you go hone from the club with a Brunnie. Either way you’ve got a sexy ass girlfriend. who’s to say what you like but you.

Can't say I agree about the art on the pro. To me it is the worst of the three and it isn't even close.

#13756 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well, it is a 60 year old movie franchise, so of course watching for the first time last year (like I did), they didn't age well for my viewings.
BUT, it made me really "get" the gags in Austin Powers that I did not know had actual Bond origins. I thought Dr. Evil and his cat were a riff on Dr. Claw and his cat from Inspector Gadget...which now I know were lifted from Bond.
I didn't know the One Million Dollars line was a reference to the aquarium scene in Dr. No either. Just that he was stuck in the 60s and thought a millions dollars was a huge amount of money. The list goes on with his #1, #2, etc. which I thought were hilarious gags, not a direct reference to Bond.
So I do appreciate the films...watched every one of Sean Connery's movies when I got the game so I had knowledge of the source material. I'm never going to re-watch them though.

Agreed. The movies haven’t aged well. I had hoped the pin would be an all Bond or the most recent Craig Bond movies but I still like the music and franchise so it is what it is. Seems like Gomez decided on the Connery movies because it was his generations Bond.

4 weeks later
#14340 71 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:Show of hands.
Anyone opposed to hearing a portion of A View To A Kill during game over music? I really like it hearing this one I've done the best and timed it with an attract video that plays after game over. Anyone mind that it's not a Connery era song?

That would be awesome! Only Bond song to ever chart at #1. I think at the end works great. Are you going to work McCartney's Live and Let Die back in as well? I listened to your initial version a while back and thought it worked well in the game.

Thanks for doing this. Will you be doing this for the premium as well? I would be very interested in what you come up with.

#14350 71 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Want your 3 letter initials and 10 letter name as a default high score? I'll do a drawing or something when I create the thread for this. That could be fun.

Speaking of high score, would it be possible to swap out the music there with something more upbeat or fun? I may be in the minority but I find the music there way to sedate and boring.

#14416 68 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

LOL. Come on. It would be a cool funny ass alternative.

It would suck.

#14476 66 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hate to tell you this - but Stern aren't done with the 007 license more is coming... so keep the first 6 the first 6, and when they do the next bunch in Bond 2 then you'll know. I liked the video up to the point of it playing view to a kill, which as a tune I love but not in the Connery era.

I was meh more Connery up until A View To A Kill started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,100 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.