IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rick432.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#753 1 year ago

Finally got LE unboxed.

Even with pictures was surprised just how beautiful this pin is. I understand that that's very subjective, but to me the period handpainted movie promotional art is fantastic. And body armor color is perfect.

Looks like art is by people who really love the license.

Well done, Stern!

2 weeks later
#1550 1 year ago

Just got the rug for LE 619.

20230112_161512 (resized).jpg20230112_161512 (resized).jpg
#1578 1 year ago

I don't know why I find this so much easier than Tommy despite similar layouts.

1 month later
#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Well, she is only two steps away from the slammer.

Underrated post.

2 weeks later
#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez on Deadflip stream:
2-3 week code sprints (plus approval? I assume)
Working on rest of skill shots by MGC (a week away).
Bond women will have scenes.
Music: Trying for 11 songs into jukebox next week (3 are slow paced - YOLT, FRWL, DAF) - wants feedback on songs.
Home leader boards - they are working on it.
Cool videos for gadgets coming. Scenes w/ Bond getting Aston Martin for first time.
Entire team is committed to making the game amazing.
Trying to keep to 3 week sprints (unless it's more work).
Waison worked on jetpack stuff. Brett Rubin helping out.

Assuming Gomez is reading this regarding music feedback, my opinion:

TLDR: strict SC Era except wizard modes.

EVERYTHING hardware on this pinball has been an homage to the Sean Connery Era. Not just in terms of Bond but in terms of the movie experiences of the time, with movie marquee period painted art, circle motif, etc.

Stay true to that with music with old school orchestration, and vocals like Shirley Bassey, Nancy Sinatra, Matt Monro, Tom Jones. Heck even Rolling Stone puts 4 of the top 8 Bond songs from Connery Era.
( https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/the-top-10-james-bond-theme-songs-156035/matt-monro-from-russia-with-love-1963-174201/ ).

Instrumental music in-between should be old school orchestrals too.

More modern music, like Moby or even Art of Noise, either not present or saved for wizard modes. But I'd rather hear mcCartney LaLD or Simon TSWLM from Roger Moore Era or even Louis Armstrong All The Time from TWO Bonds (OHMSS and NTTD). Depending on licensing, hell, unlockable wizard modes for the other Bond songs from the other Bonds would be pretty cool and imho not violating spirit of Era pinball.

Oh and I know this is beyond music, but Bond is also playful:
How about when ball first placed in shooter lane make score "000007"?
And End Of Game graphic of final score, but beneath it "James Bond Will Return"? Probably licensing hell but I can't believe not already in the game!

Anyway that's my take.

#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Its alive! Who needs sleep? Cant play test as my wife and son are sleeping. I am hopped up on pain pills and cant sleep (surgery) as I am still in pain. So wht not hammer through…
I already see ways to improve little aspects, but it works. Fast shots go to flipper and slow will fall to rocket. I will do a play video tomorrow or Sunday.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sick!

1 month later
#7181 11 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Still no PF multipliers. Why the FUCK are they waiting to do this last?

Math: hard.

/I keed. They will balance it then add multipliers probably.

#7227 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Excuse the GZ the glass was already off and various parts of the game in bits so it was just easier this way
Little campy/tongue in cheek tease, perfect for Connerys Bond era, anyway I just wanted to share this with fellow Bond fans and everyone here.
Bond is a #1 theme for me and with the latest code release bringing all the DB5 goodness it seemed the perfect time to share, had to add one of my favourite “Bond moments”.

Want.

3 weeks later
#7897 10 months ago

Any more video or music assets?

1 month later
#9674 8 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Making some progress. Will let you all know how testing goes. Thx sirlonzelot for the green light to pursue this!
A bit of engineering involved to allow it to use the existing hardware and not affect the ball gate vertical alignment but I think that’s solved for.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put me down for one!
Edit: just ordered!

1 week later
#10099 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:I saw it on the Bond 60th at the PHOF in Vegas this week for the first time. I know some will flame me for saying this but I expected more for $1k. Sorry, I am just being honest… and I have toppers for over half my games so I am not an anti topper type of guy.

Yeah, and I understand the "charge what the market will bear" philosophy to pricing, but $1k for hollow plastic shell, small PCB, and LED strip, seems like the profit margin is high enough that Stern should be making as many of these as people want. So there's an upside.

#10120 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

First off this thing is heavy as hell, built solid as a rock and a metal shell. You could beat someone to death with it. The LEDs in it are way beyond a typical LED strip and have custom coded effects. When you pick it up and put it on top of the game it definitely feels more like a commercially operated piece of hardware than any of the other Stern toppers. You can argue whether it is worth $1000 or not but it is certainly not anywhere near the profit margin some people like to claim.

Good to hear. Hard to tell anything about the heft from pictures obviously.

4 weeks later
#11015 7 months ago

Has there always been no sound effects for slingshots and I am only noticing it just now?

3 months later
#13306 4 months ago

So does the presence of the Bond Girls clips give us more opportunity for adding in more of our own clips with the PB Browser (once it is made compatible with latest bond code revision)?

1 month later
#14255 78 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've realized, after all my video editing, that I've only watched Octopussy and A View To A Kill for the Roger Moore movies. That 1983 Never Say Never Again I saw in the theater. I recall kids on the playground at recess talking about seeing Moonraker on cable, but my house didn't have cable until a few years later. Never watched a movie with the Jaws character in it and he seems funny as hell.

Connery is my favorite, but mostly nostalgia and recognition that the whole franchise is from his momentum.

Moore for me Live And Let Die was best. Maybe Man With the Golden Gun close second. Spy Who Loved Me adequate. The rest were thowaways, including (sorry) Moonraker, Octopussy, A View To A Kill (like the song though). Probably the worst Bond movies imho.

The pin is an homage to Connery Bond, so for me, 95%+ should be from that era.

But that's just me so who cares?
I wouldn't.

1 week later
#14482 67 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That was a few versions ago. Current version of game over music does not play any vocals and I changed up the ending.
I make a few versions a week. Make a change; test that it did indeed change what I intended; play test with glass off & take notes; play test for a few days to hear how it all comes together during gameplay & take Notes. Make those changes and repeat.
Along the way come up with new ideas like what happened last night. Brand new Ball 4 music (4 different tracks that play when not in a mode) that so far is really fun for my ears. Also new music for Power Pack and Attache Case.
I watched Diamonds are Forever today in the background while working on the music updates. In my opinion that's the best Connery movie, but I recognize it took the prior movies for this one to all tie everything together.
Now I have a few new ideas from that movie for attract mode scenes and the Bonus scene. With these new ideas, I should have an all-Connery attract video package to offer or maybe it becomes default if I really it on my game.
New Henchmen music:
Dent
Oddjob
Vulpa
Mr Wint/Kidd
New Villain music:
Henderson
Largo
Goldfinger
Klebb
Dr. No
Q Branch modes:
Attaché Case
Power Pack
3 new tracks that play when not in a ball/start of ball.
New Enter Your Initials/High Score music
New Game Over into attract mode music
14 New videos
To finish - 10 new Match scenes for Bond Women with new Match music

No one says too much about it because it isn't very good and didn't follow the same producers as the other Sean Connery Bond films, but if you're searching for Connery specific Bond music/video assets, don't forget Never Say Never Again.

#14485 66 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I saw that in the theatre and there is the attract mode scene you would likely expect to see. Guess right and I'll confirm.

Exploding bullet?
Fishing? (Id expect that for match...)
Basinger rescue while on horseback?
Motorcycle skid/recovery?

I'm bad at this...

#14497 66 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I need to watch the movie this week. Don't know if I've watched it since in the theater. But I liked the World Domination video game scene a lot at the time.

Doh! Of course - forgot about World Domination.

1 week later
#14712 54 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I totally agree! How cool would be high stakes be if you played Blackjack! Just use the flippers if you want to choose deal or hold? Thats perfect for this game. Best idea for a modern pinball since Jackbot!

Great fkg idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rick432.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=Rick432 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.