IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 1 year ago

Definitely in for a Premium but no idea when we'll get them over here, distro is still unsure on allocation.
Settling in for a long wait and many pages of viewing jealousy before i can get my hands on one.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Would this fit where the premium Bond on a Wand is going?

I'm thinking it might foul on a ball being carried although i'm not exactly sure just how far across Bond on a wand goes

1 week later
#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Waiting for Bond Prem

Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah seriously..longest wait ever for a stern

You guys are gonna get them way before us
Distro is now showing March instead of Feb.
Bloody tough watching you all get machines and enjoying them, might have to jump on a big ol' jet airliner and land at glasairpilot's place
I'll have a large bourbon and some prawns on the barbie thanks!!

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I'm also down for a Premium. Sounds like post Feb at this stage as I've heard nothing more since I last spoke with the distrib not long after launch.

Just looked at AMD site and the date is now March, the original stated price of $14,950 is now $15,500

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Another price increase? swinks can update his price thread!

Looks like there is still a LE left in Australia.

Yeah i don't know what's going on with that. At the start there was pricing for Pro,Prem and LE, don't recall what the Pro was but the Prem was definitely $14,950. Not long after that the Pro and Prem were just showing $TBA and the LE was still showing the price of $20,500 (still the same now) The site was updated within the past day or so with current pricing. I was confirmed to be in the first run of Prem's BUT would not be surprised if i've been bumped out by LE pre-order people changing to Prem's

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The scoop, however, is a total waste and should have either had a diverter to block it part of the time or just been left out.

Would a 3rd pop bumper work well there instead of the scoop? Could be challenging being reasonably close to the flippers

2 weeks later
#1510 1 year ago

Just paid my deposit for Bond Premium
Distro said container is leaving end of this month and should have it in Oz by the end of March.
Hanging out to play the machine but in the meantime i'll just continue to read you guys reviews/checkout pics and remain jealous AF

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats!.. This is an awesome club

Cheers I have every confidence that the code will get much better and this machine will become a classic like my only other NIB choice (Iron Maiden) I've got a shooter rod planned for this machine too (mid production now) so if anyone has seen my James Hetfield Metallica rod they'll have an idea how the Bond one "might" turn out
It's just bloody hard watching all the yanks enjoy their machines knowing it's at least 11 weeks before i can too

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I *think* I see the shaker mounting holes on my Bond Prem. I'm trying to think through how to clean these out without splintering the wood or stripping the TNuts. I guess I'll pull the TNuts out and re-drill.

Not seen that before, wonder if they used shallower depth T Nuts??
Could possibly use a hollow center punch as you can pretty much see the edges of the T Nuts. Pulling them out can potentially splinter the wood from underneath too.

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Very weird tho!

Agree, that's why i reckon they've used a shallower depth T Nut as there is a few different lengths for each thread size. The wood of the cabinet shouldn't be any thicker than previous machines.

2 weeks later
#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

That looks great - this and bird one tower will be must haves.

Looks hideous to me but that's why modding is so specific to the individual

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

The code sucks. Damn Stern

Some of you are so damn impatient...i haven't even got my fkn machine yet

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Then the 80’s happened and nobody taught that hip fire style except Hollywood

Actually it's well documented that a lot of Aussies shot their Bren guns from the hip during WW2 with deadly accuracy..but anyway back to Bond code updates and the rattling of pitchforks/sabers/empty beer cans..whatever comes to hand first

#3281 1 year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see video proof of Spock sledge hammering his machine

2 weeks later
#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Still waiting down under for LEs to arrive in country . Was January then Feb, guess now March. Living on other people's positive posts. I guess one positive is code will be close to 1.0 by delivery.

I've been quoted mid to late March for my premium so if the LE's are late i suspect the Premiums will be too.

3 weeks later
#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

With all that goes into this I think it is a fair price

Dude!!! I designed/molded/cast/hand & spray painted (plus extra coats of clear) these shooter rods and include a spare set of hardware for a grand total of $80 AUD + postage and the time taken to do each one is HOURS!! The fact you've added some fkn leds to the tank does NOT account for the price you're asking, LEDS are cheap AF and so is the wiring.
As an owner of machines for over 12 years and maker of various mods for about that same amount of time, seeing these stupid priced mods just pisses me off

Metallica rods (resized).jpgMetallica rods (resized).jpg

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I give props to tank guy for sticking with it despite All the hate and negativity that went his way ; nobody should have to deal with that amount of criticism imo; great work on the tank and hopefully you find a right price point.. I would buy it if it was a bit cheaper(around $250). Clearly he has a passion for doing this work.

I can't speak for the others that commented initially but from my part there was never any hate nor negativity, it was purely a comment on excessive pricing which you have just backed up by stating "a bit cheaper", you'd buy it at $500!! less than it was originally advertised for.

#5489 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Moby = the artist, he had a version of the theme song in the late 90s. Correction - It was for Tomorrow Never Dies, NOT Goldeneye

Fun fact. Moby is directly related to the guy who wrote the book Moby Dick (Herman Melville).....mkayyy back to Bond then

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

I hear zizzle pinball is making a bond. Anyone want to trade my premium for your zizzle? Plus cash of course...

Is that pre or post sledge hammered?

#5597 1 year ago

Just did my final payment for Bond Prem today and should have the machine next week
I will then finally be able to decide if i'm "officially" in the pitchfork brigade
Seriously though i still think this machine will turn out alright in the end, just gonna take patience and time.
On another note i will have some Connery shooter rods for sale very soon, just added the final clear coat today and will glue the rods in within the next day or so...and YES the character WILL face forwards!! Shooter rods stuck in the top of characters heads or necks (facing the machine) really do my fkn head in!!

#5599 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Congrats on paying off a debt and getting a new pin!
Got a picture of that shooter rod, to make all those words make sense?

Calling it a debt seems a bit odd but technically i guess it is. Distro's over here ask for half machine payment when ordering and once the machines land in country you pay the final half before shipping. Pictures of the rod will explain what i mean about the mounting of the rod itself. A lot of Stern rods are in the "neck" area of the figure so the actual face of the character is inwards towards the machine. To my eyes that looks total shit so i always try and have my character shooter rods facing forwards like this. I have made 20 of these but 1 is mine and a couple are already spoken for over here in Oz. I don't have a pinside shop but have sold mods before on Fleabay. Most of the shooter rods i have done previously have sold on a Facebook Oz Pinball Buy/Swap/Sell group. Obviously this is a caricature of Connery and although modeled off the Dr No picture it's not meant to be photo realistic.

DSC06038 (resized).JPGDSC06038 (resized).JPGDSC06039 (resized).JPGDSC06039 (resized).JPGDSC06040 (resized).JPGDSC06040 (resized).JPG
#5775 1 year ago

Just a teensie bit of positivity goes a long FKN way
On another note, should have my Premium tomorrow
Before i jump on Pinball Life's site and order a shaker motor does this machine still have the annoying digital screeching "knocker" arrangement like previous Spike 2's and does the PBL physical knocker kit work on Bond? I do assume so but want to check first.

#5936 1 year ago

Machine arrived today and i played about 10 games with the previous code (machine shipped on Monday and not too much longer afterwards 0.89 dropped). Had a few issues trying to update the code and then discovered i was missing one of the files on the USB stick so got that sorted. Played about 15 games since with the new code and even with that brief experience it was evident there was quite an improvement.
Loving it so far!! Doesn't appear to be any issues yet that have been reported in the club, ball ejects fine from the DB5 roof, doesn't hang up in the pop area for any extended period and also doesn't hug the left chute like some have reported (game is standard level at the moment) I did find on the first few games that the targets were a bit reluctant to drop so i backed off the left and right flipper power to 225, been excellent since so haven't needed to shorten the springs...so far

DSC06061 (resized).JPGDSC06061 (resized).JPGDSC06062 (resized).JPGDSC06062 (resized).JPGDSC06063 (resized).JPGDSC06063 (resized).JPGDSC06064 (resized).JPGDSC06064 (resized).JPGDSC06065 (resized).JPGDSC06065 (resized).JPGDSC06066 (resized).JPGDSC06066 (resized).JPG
#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Looks more like Nixon than Connery. Lol!

Yeah everyone has seen someone different in the face, Mr Bean, PeeWee Herman, some other dude i have no idea who it was, looks a bit like my dear departed favourite uncle too. It isn't supposed to be photo realistic cause tbh, that would be FKN creepy

#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

lmfao at that shooter. i kind of want one for my 60th just because it's so campily terrible

LOL, happy to sell you one if you're game enough

#5993 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

good news.. we can always chop this piece of shit into a coffee table

Off you go then....but please film it

#6073 1 year ago

Playing a few games with a mate this arvo and i had something "different" happen during one of the multiball modes so not sure if it was a coded thing or a bug. Unfortunately can't say which mode it was cause i wasn't paying attention to the screen and neither was my mate, and it's only happened the once so far. Was playing 2 ball multiball and i presume it was the end of the mode timer and then the flippers just stopped working and both balls drained (must have been 1 locked in the bird tower also as 3 balls drained) Once the balls had drained it spat out another from the trough, flippers came back and machine says Player 1 continue. Not seen something like that before as usually a mode will time out then just go back to single ball play with no loss of the flippers in between. Anyone had this happen/know what mode it was?

#6076 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pinside only allows images, not videos to be posted?

Can add a personal vid but it needs to be uploaded to Youtube to be able to use it on Pinside. Might be other options i'm not aware of, i've only gone the Youtube route myself.

#6077 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Sounds like, bond James bond,
mini wizard mode. You get the Jetpack multiball, bird one multiball, start a villain mode and a henchman mode . After that you hit the villain ramp or the Thunderball scoop.

That could have been it yeah but do the flippers stop working at the end of the mode, balls drain and then you basically restart with another ball??

#6080 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

yes, exactly. Also, if you have any balls in lock, they drain too and it remembers how many you had.

Wonder if that will get changed with improved code, seems a bit weird to virtually finish and start again but still within the same ball. I don't know of any other machine that does modes like that but admittedly haven't played a huge amount of newer Sterns.

#6146 1 year ago

Also loving playing the machine and it can only get better!!
The mate who popped around to play it decided early not to get a Bond and jumped on an LE FF when it was announced, now after playing Bond he's thinking differently as he really liked how fast Bond plays and likes the shots

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Not sure if either of you has had a chance to play FF yet

Don't think his LE is scheduled to arrive here in Oz until early June, think the Pro's and Prem's are a little later in the month.

#6169 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Is anyone else hearing a loud pop every once in a while? Not a static pop, the best way to describe it is almost the sound of a bat hitting a ball? It’s so weird.

Digital knocker?? Can be turned off in settings. Personally speaking i absolutely hate it!! First thing i will be ordering for my Premium is a PBL REAL knocker kit and a shaker motor.

#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Never had an issue before so I'm thinking it's something in the code which is why I haven't begun messing with the Wand adjustments.

Mine hasn't done that as yet and the machine started with the previous code and then i updated after about 15 plays to the latest code. Haven't had any issues with Bond on a wand at all...so far!!

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Holy crap, that’s exactly what it is. Thanks!

My first NIB Stern was Iron Maiden, had no idea about the digital knocker. First time it went off it scared the crap outta me LOL

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

To me the hardest shot to hit intentionally is the one between the ramps on the right

That one and i find the small loop from the upper left i struggle with too, mainly the consistency but that will come with more game time.

#6406 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Anyone else getting a ton of air balls from hitting the tip of the upper left flipper, and then the ball jumping over the slings and into the drain?

Nope but had a few air balls going straight past the right hand side of the rocket (when the targets were down) and up over the back of that ring, happened twice in the one game.

#6482 1 year ago

Anyoooo.....back to Bond
Think i need to change to some easier settings and also lower the post positions on the out lanes (add the post on the right lane also) Machine is stock NIB still but it's just kicking my arse at the moment Slowly getting a hang of some of the harder shots but i'm still enjoying the machine. Best score so far is only 337 Million. Like the code updates it's gonna take time

#6780 1 year ago

I was in the process of moving the left lane post down and then went to add the post from the goodie bag to the right lane and....... "slight" problem WTF Stern???? Guess they thought a lack of thread wouldn't be an issue but they did kindly still add the nut and washers in the bag
Not sure if a B/W post will work cause i don't think i have any spare Stern one's.

DSC06118 (resized).JPGDSC06118 (resized).JPG
#6781 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not sure if a B/W post will work cause i don't think i have any spare Stern one's.

Not even sure why the extra post is needed as you can move the red post down to that hole and the current rubber stretches easily. Running with that fix for now.

DSC06120 (resized).JPGDSC06120 (resized).JPG
#6829 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If locks aren’t lit, does a shot to the center lock feed the upper flipper like on a pro?

Is a made left ramp shot always stopped at the jetpack? Or does that ever move out of the way for a clean shot back to the left flipper?

Yes
No, if Jetpack Multiball isn't available it passes through onto the wireform.

#6911 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Great actor, probably a shit coder.

TBH i wouldn't go that far as to say he's a "great" actor, passable maybe, not great. Dare say he'd be a shit coder though

#7067 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Back in the club with a Premium

Where did you order those Bond lollypop rails??

#7145 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody care to handle that?

Time to get the pitchfork brigade marching!!

#7296 11 months ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

My left scoop feeds to the tank target and then bounces to the upper left flipper more than half the time and never enters the pops...

Mine does the same but at least half of the time rebounds back into the scoop again, sometimes that can repeat 3 times. I haven't tried adjusting the scoop coil power as yet, could be worth a slight adjustment and see what happens.

#7340 11 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Proposals on Skill Shots: There are SO many different skill shots, which is wonderful. With this many options, the opportunity is there for some great gameplay ideas, outlined below.

1) Allow us to shoot for skill shots after (physically) locking a ball, instead of the auto-plunge into the pops. As an example, Rush does this -- if you lock a ball (or sneak it under the right flipper into the shooter lane), the Skill Shots relight and you have a chance to plunge & flip for them, and it's a great perk.
Heck, several other games come to mind dating back to at least System 11A, that give you a post-lock skill shot opportunity -- Pinbot (11A), Taxi & Earthshaker (11B), Bride of Pinbot (WPC) all come to mind. (Obviously this feature wouldn't work on the 007 Pro, since you'd need the physical lock & dispensing of another ball -- but I guess that makes it a perk in the Prem vs. Pro debate.)

2) Deactivate any skill shot you've already achieved. Since there are so many different skill shots, this forces you to "get good" and try for the others instead of exploiting the same shot over and over (if you've found one you're good at).

3) Skill Shot multiball and/or wizard mode and/or huge bonus if you collect them all. If Proposal #1 is incorporated, this could give you enough opportunities. Could call it 'Sharpshooter Multiball' or 'Sniper Multiball' -- maybe open with video of Jill Masterson trying to snipe Goldfinger on the cliff road.

Like the idea of 1) so following on from that, also 3) Less keen on the idea of deactivating one's already achieved although obviously most people would/do go for the skill shots below the upper 3 lanes...at least i do

#7386 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

List of the top 30 scores at the tournament on your machine

Seeing those scores makes me feel a little better about only having a grand champ score of 445M on my machine so far. It's still kicking my arse but keeps me coming back for more punishment Haven't even turned on Iron Maiden the past few weeks so that's saying something (was/sorta still is my fav machine)

#7388 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m an elitist !

LOL..i said "a little better"

1 week later
#7720 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Do those come colormatched to the LE ? Where can I order a set.

Want a set of the black one's for my Prem but i couldn't find any details online for sales In fact, there's absolutely no mention anywhere on the net about these particular lollipop rails (at least i haven't found any)

#7738 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

if selling as NIB then it should be as close to out of the box condition as possible. Why rip the bag off? what purpose does that serve? Not like its in the way.

BOTH Oz delivered Stern machines i've bought didn't even have the goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cab, it's inside the coin box......guess we're all FKD over here
Seriously though, if that's an issue for a potential buyer down the track, then as thekaiser82 said, that's the kind of buyer you IGNORE!!!..or at the very least you play this song for them (over the phone, in person)

#7741 11 months ago

Wednesday evening Bourbon & Bond
I must be sufficiently Bourbon "Relaxed" cause i finally beat my best score of 445M.
Loving this machine and it's only gonna get better!!!

DSC06168 (resized).JPGDSC06168 (resized).JPGDSC06169 (resized).JPGDSC06169 (resized).JPG
#7751 10 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Bourbon in a can? What sort of magical cylinder is this?

The Bourbon and Cola type...yeah i know, the bourbon traditionalists will tear me a new one LOL. I just like to start off sometimes with a premix or 3 before going the full hog

#7766 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

"A toy helicopter? This can only be for children! Don't use it Bond-san; take my helicopter instead."

One of my fav lines!!

#7803 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also getting some sdtm shots off the dragon target when it exits the diver kick out. Figuring that’s just an adjustment of the target mech.

Try adjusting the coil power first, even slight numbers either side of the standard setting make differences i found.

#7819 10 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Question to y'all as you are actually fans of this game. I am going to add a machine and it was going to be this one (pro), but an Iron Maiden (pro) popped up. For those who've owned both, should I go Maiden, or jump in on this? I've played both, like both. Whatcha think?

Get Both!!!

#7848 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sdtm off the target was fixed by turning the coil power down to 15 from stock 16. I tried 14, but it was too weak to hit the target.

Good to hear it sorted it for you On my machine i was getting a hit off the target and straight back into the eject hole which became a bit too monotonous, so i went up to 17. For a while it was actually ejecting it up the middle lane into the ball lock which was quite helpful sometimes I might have to back it off again cause just when i need to get the ball in the bloody eject hole for power pack mode i CAN'T shoot the fkn hole when i want too LOL

#7899 10 months ago

Latest code downloaded and unzipped to the USB stick, will have to wait til tomorrow now cause it's wayyyy too early in the morning (3am) to be updating the machine cause i know damn well i'd wanna play it straight away
Fart sack time and dream of a new high score...maybe some Bond girls too

#8027 10 months ago
Quoted from Kylescar81:

Still no action button light and nothing happens if you push it

Have you tried testing the button in switch test? Does the button start a game?

#8064 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I need to seriously up my game!

You'll get there I was stuck on a GC of 445M for weeks and then finally cracked it with 687M. 4 games into the new code i achieved 845M. Still yet to crack into the "Billy" club.

#8105 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I'm just saying there's an opportunity to change that jetpack scoop (which does more than just activate the jetpack) into MI6 Headquarters or M's office with Moneypenny

Just my 2 cents worth. I can think of 2 reasons why Stern may have decided not to do that kind of thing. 1) Nothing of any substantial height could be added there (as in a structure like an office etc) because at that point you have way less gap between the glass and the parts of the playfield.
2) Perhaps they thought it was too close to the slings and maybe in danger of being smashed via air balls.
Only speculation of course!!

#8120 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

announced his mod that perhaps you will like for what you are looking for! You should check it out!

Looks like a prime piece to get busted, especially that front leading edge that overhangs the eject side...and at the prices he charges for his mods. PASS

#8153 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

which frankly slows down the gameplay

TBH the ball lock doesn't slow the play down any more than when the ball goes into the left eject when it shows the High Stakes scene. The ball lock always comes up as a pro over premium thing but i reckon the point is pretty moot.

#8165 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I would highly recommend the 03’s

No one has the 03's over here that i could find There's 02's available so not sure if they would be better than stock? What part number is the stock one's anyway?

#8185 10 months ago

Not sure but at those prices it will work out similar to Marco's once the shipping is added + taking into account the conversion rate
Thanks for checking though, very much appreciated!!
I've sent an email to the distro i bought the machine from and will see what happens with that.

#8189 10 months ago
Quoted from Had:

AMD or Zax? I'm waiting for the ball trap kit have you receive one yet?

AMD yeah. I haven't worried about getting a ball trap kit, haven't had any issues like that....so far

#8196 10 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I just shortened the springs on my drops like Pinkonk recommended and haven’t had any issues in over 1,000 games

I did the same, by about a 1/3rd of the length + dropped the power of the lower flippers to 220. Was better than it was stock but still have an issue from that right flipper shot 7 out of 10 hits.

#8199 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I was too caught up in excitement for the new code to mention -- I'm having jetpack up-post timing problems now. Never had any timing problems before, but ever since getting the latest code, the timing on the up-post for Jetpack has been too slow. I think a few others have mentioned Jetpack problems since the latest code too.

Sometimes it doesn't pop up in time when shooting the left orbit to start Jetpack multiball. In this case, the ball continues down the habitrail to the flipper. The game still spits a ball into the shooter lane and I still have to go through the motion of hitting the gate, while BoaW floats around with no payload.

Once I've hit my five jackpots and need to feed it back to BoaW for the tank shot, the up-post misses it almost every time now.

My success rate was 100% prior to the code update and I haven't noticed any related hardware issues ... I'll take a closer look at the switches/optos/hardware but may end up submitting a bug report.

Haven't noticed any issues like that with my machine. Is the post getting physically stuck somewhat?? Only mention this cause after someone else posted about plastic shavings on their playfield (from the post hitting the edge of the hole) i did notice a little bit of that on my machine.

#8213 10 months ago

Had AMD have the stronger drop target springs (265-50003-03) in stock (seems like the only place in Oz) If you bought your machine from them you might be able to hustle for a freebie maybe? but i offered to pay for the 3, couldn't be arsed trying to swing it. Price was $8 a spring + postage which is still way cheaper than buying them from Marcos @ $6.99 USD + the ridiculous shipping charge they always hit us with.

#8216 10 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I just checked the price at Marco Specialties and these springs are priced at .99. See URL below.

Even with the price dropped back to where it was, probably still cheaper option over here for us Aussies. Marco would charge anywhere from $12-$20 USD for shipping to Oz. We get fkn shafted on that side of things and the currency conversion makes it a double arse cheek spreader

#8230 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

@Had AMD have the stronger drop target springs (265-50003-03) in stock (seems like the only place in Oz) If you bought your machine from them you might be able to hustle for a freebie maybe? but i offered to pay for the 3, couldn't be arsed trying to swing it. Price was $8 a spring + postage which is still way cheaper than buying them from Marcos @ $6.99 USD + the ridiculous shipping charge they always hit us with.

Correction on this, ended up being free, including the postage, under warranty claim so happy camper here

#8258 10 months ago

I finally got around to adding the Toyota 2000GT from You only live twice. At first i had the head/tail lights hooked up to the right lane flasher and the 2 interior LEDS hooked up to one of the scuba flashers. Wasn't really happy with how the head/tail lights looked as a flashing option so they are now on all the time and the interior LEDS are now hooked up to the right lane flasher. The interior LEDS were ok with the scuba flasher but i think they are much better as they are now. In attract mode they pulse nicely and of course flash furiously when you have the ball being released from the right lane up post at the start of a mode. I was originally going to put LEDS in the pop up head lights also but there's just no room to do that and still make it look natural. I will most likely build a few of these if anyone is interested, will have 3 extra cars shortly. Also planning on adding the Toyota Crown from the same chase scene but it may need to be added in that top left corner of the playfield, only place it will really fit without any overhang. Was originally planning on having the GT on top of the left scoop plastic but it's a tad too long and i still reckon anything there is gonna get smashed. Along with that plan was to have the Crown where the GT is now so they would be reasonably close together.
Will add a vid when i get the chance just to show how the interior LEDS react during game play and during attract mode.

DSC06177 (resized).JPGDSC06177 (resized).JPGDSC06178 (resized).JPGDSC06178 (resized).JPGDSC06179 (resized).JPGDSC06179 (resized).JPG
#8267 10 months ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I was thinking of doing this exact thing

Might be keen on this too if you're selling them?

#8270 10 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Welcome to the club. It's a fantastic game in Pro or Premium. Even six months later it's still getting more plays than anything else in my collection.

Same!!
For the record, received my blue drop target springs from the distro today and it definitively fixes the problem of bricking!!

#8285 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

BTW I got the blue springs from Stern (coordinated by distributor) and the drops work 100%, no bricks anymore.

Yup, the difference really is night and day

#8313 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

My memory might be bad but I can’t remember another mode behaving like this in a game, it’s the opposite of fun to watch.

you know..i brought this up quite a few pages back and ole CrazyLevi shot me down ...apparently this was on other machines too

#8318 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

If the visual bothers you that much try to avoid JBJ until you played Bird One, or don't lock balls in Bird One until after you play JBJ.

I never stated it bothered me, just found it a tad unusual when i first encountered it. My personal jury is still out whether i like it or not

#8346 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is this confirmed by Gomez? I haven’t added anything to “fix” my shot because I thought it was supposed to be like this is you hit a slow roller up that orbit. I believe my game is perfectly level, but I’ll double check.

I wouldn't think so, more an owners observation. I find on my machine that 8/10 roll backs can be hit by the right flipper, every now and then it will go stdm. Ball speed makes a difference

#8349 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Any more than that it usually glances off the tip of the left flipper if it makes any contact at all.

Have you got any ramp edge guides in place as mentioned in the previous few posts? Mine is just factory and i've not seen it go anywhere near the left flipper BUT as i mentioned before, ball speed is everything and i would also take into account the pitch of the machine too.

#8385 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I installed the new target springs I bought from Macro, the #3s . It is brick after brick. I will have to adjust them just like the originals. Save your money.

You're the first i've seen mention that the stronger springs didn't help, wondering if maybe there's something else going on with your drop target bank
As i mentioned in a previous post, after changing over to the stronger springs the difference on my machine was like night and day.

#8390 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I will take a look and make an adjustment. Thanks

I had also previously dropped the power back on the flippers before even trying to cut down the original springs, something i haven't changed back to factory, so that may help a bit too if you haven't already done so.

#8391 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You're the first i've seen mention that the stronger springs didn't help> Pinmonk has the right idea! Do his spring fix!!

I tried that and flipper power adjustment, it was better but not a sure fix. Going to the stronger springs has been 100% so far.

#8564 10 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any ideas for powder on a premium,I just don’t like the teal on the le and I can’t come up with anything better than a black?
Maybe something with yellow and black?

I've been thinking about doing my premium rails (bought some lollipop one's) the hinges and the lock down bar in a gold colour. Either powder coated or plated.

#8578 10 months ago

Why not do a PC in white to match Bond's tuxedo dinner jacket? It's rare to see a machine PC'd in white. On this machine, that might be a really nice look. You could put a PC'd or decaled black bow-tie around the action button.

Might look alright yeah, my initial thoughts is that there would be too much contrast between the blue of the cab art.

#8638 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

chopping wood aspect

I've got a mega problem with this statement.... EVERY FKN PINBALL EVER MADE has a repetitive nature, even given the well known randomness of the silver ball.
It's just annoying to read cause it's used extensively to make out like a certain machine is boring.
And before you retaliate Eskaybee this is not a dig at you personally!!

#8649 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

No need to defend its honor. If you have a 'Mega Problem' you might need a 'Mega Pint'.

Not upset about it, just think it's dumb terminology. ALL games are repetitive, arcade, pinball etc. It's just how it is...like.... living is fkn repetitive
Not saying i hate it or can't handle it just reckon the term is stupid.

#8727 9 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Stern should not apply the multiplier to various jackpots.

Wasn't there mention that after the end of adding all the bits that were missing from the code (multi ball modes, end wizard mode, etc) they were going to balance the scoring? I seem to recall a mention of that, either someone quoted from a Gomez interview or Mike V?

#8741 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Only having had my Bond premium for a week now, I am confused by Jetpack multiball. What am I trying to do? He picks up one ball and holds it while I play the other. The only thing I see on the playfield is the orange arrow for the middle shot. When I hit that shot, seemingly nothing happens, it just keeps blinking no matter how nany times I hit it until the ball drains and he releases the other ball. What is the goal and what am I missing?

When you shoot the ball up the middle lane (towards the diverter if you have a Prem/LE) as soon as the ball hits the gate it will release the ball, shot should be timed so it drops the ball on the tank target. Is that gate switch working in test mode for you?

#8802 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm happy to live without it.

It's really not that very inspiring i reckon.

#8927 9 months ago

I added in the Toyota Crown mod to the machine today. Would have liked it to be closer to the 2000GT but there just isn't the room to have it closer. As mentioned earlier i felt having the 2000GT on top of the plastic for the backwards scoop it would be prone to getting smashed there. Both cars interior LEDS are hooked up to the right in lane flasher so they interact at the same time. Vid shows machine just in attract mode but of course during times in the game the interior LEDS flash furiously, aka when the ball is about to be released by the in lane up post.

#8929 9 months ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Very nice work, impressive. How did you make those?

You can buy both cars and then it's just a matter of getting the LEDS inside behind the actual headlight/tail light lens of the car (as opposed to just drilling holes and having the LED stick out) Use fairly fine wire for that like 32AWG for the inside of the car and then thicker wire to create a wiring loom to hook it into the machine. The right in lane flasher is separated half way between the flasher and the node board connection with a 3 pin plug. In this case i'm not sure what type they are as they use a square type pin instead of the standard round molex pin so i just replaced the machine one's with standard and then insert a tap between the connectors to join in. The head/tail lights are on all the time and hook into the connector behind the coin door that has 12V.

#9009 9 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Overall it seems to be way to much to me (either that or I need to grease my spinner).

NEVER grease BUT using the slightest drop of oil (i use a bike chain lube) on the shaft either side makes a hell of a difference!!
Put the slightest amount on then dab with a cloth to remove the excess.

#9012 9 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Question, my bond does not have a high voltage disconnect for the door or a coin mechanism. Is this normal? Game was purchased new.

Yeah mine doesn't either, nor my Iron Maiden from 4 years ago. I've seen it mentioned for US machines so maybe only the export one's don't have it in the system?

#9016 9 months ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Curious, fwiw my February build GZ prem has it and my AIQ LE from 2 + years ago does as well...both bought from NZ disty.

Hmm ok, i wouldn't think that our distro (AMD Sydney) would remove it, that wouldn't make sense. So the plot thickens if NZ delivered machines have the cut off and Oz ones don't

#9018 9 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

what about the coin mech? does AMD supply or is it an extra?

It's a purchasable option when you buy the machine but not standard no.

#9055 9 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I’m partially in the same boat, it’s disjointed, and there is tons of missed opportunities but I also think the team knows this (we can’t be the only people that can see it) and will tie everything together on probably .96 or .97 once the wizard modes are done.

Yup, it was mentioned that the intention was to add the rest of the modes, multipliers etc in first and then the polish at the end which i think will include better integration of the modes to a focused game. There's still several updates before we get there but i'm sure it will happen!!

#9070 9 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Assuming you get a good solid hot on the spinner (ie: good and solid to make it up there jetpack ramp) what would be and expected number of spins on the spinner? 30? Looking to understand when it might be time to oil the spinner.

I certainly can't quantify the amount of spins you get with a good solid hit, there's too many factors involved and that would vary machine to machine. I dare say that even machine pitch will effect that also. I always add a very small amount of oil to my spinner shafts on every machine that i own that has a spinner and it obviously makes a difference. This is definitely more noticeable on older Bally/Williams machines but also on newer Sterns too. Generally i would redo this about every 8 months or so, just make sure it's only a tiny amount added, work the shaft laterally as much as it allows and then always dab with a cloth to remove excess.

#9169 9 months ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Saw a post from Swinks in the Foo-F owners thread, he said - the Aussie Disty said - that they remove them from all the sterns before sending them on to customers! Is there an Aussie electrical safety standard that forces them to do this or are they just pinching the copper to make a few extra cents per machine...seems bizarre if true?

Yeah i absolutely don't know about that. My gut feeling is that would just be weird considering the nature of the cut off switch is to prevent electric shocks from the higher voltage coils. I couldn't imagine an Aussie safety standard that makes a law to remove a preventative measure but people who move in these departmental circles can and do make some fkn STUPID decisions, let's face it

#9202 9 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

They said they are too much hassle than what they are worth so have removed them off all games for the last couple of years ???

Wouldn't that be a legal requirement to comply with safety standards though? Sorta like removing a safety switch from kitchen equipment etc.

#9244 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm selling my Bond pro on Saturday.

And then picking up another one an hour later!

Selling your pro and then picking up another pro?

#9267 9 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Just hit the center gate the first time and it falls wherever, doesn't matter.

Thought for the first time you were supposed to time the gate shot so it drops the ball when it's hovering over the tank target??

2 weeks later
#9926 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd say something is binding the post itself, or maybe the plunger is binding in the coil sleeve?

Yup, most likely the issue if the post is staying up and not dropping. All these post mechs don't have a drop coil like some drop target mechs do so it most DEFINITELY only drops once the coil is not energised any more. I can't recall if there's a return spring on this post coil but that being busted or disconnected may cause the post to stay up perhaps although it's more likely binding somewhere else. If the coil was staying energised it would have burned something out before now.

#9938 8 months ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I do think OPs issue is a connection issue:
a molex, solder, or node board connector.

Granted it could be something like that but if the post is going up then the coil is activating. I'm only assuming that the coil is de energising cause if it wasn't you would think something would burn out?? I'm always discovering new stuff in my 13 year pinball ownership (and fixing) journey so i'll be keen to find out what the problem may be

1 week later
#10177 8 months ago

Finally joined the Billy club myself and that was still on .94 code (haven't had the chance to play it on the .95 code yet)
Just an addition to the "when to use the multiplier" discussion, a fairly decent chunk of the score shown (think it was at least 500M) was made from having a long ball time Bird One multi ball. I started multi ball with just 2X and because i had all 7 multipliers flashing i qualified another (3) 2X multipliers during the multi ball. I really wasn't thinking about going for more at the time, just noticed the pink led flashing on the lock bar and slapped it every time
This multiple "small grabs" at the multiplier may work better for some players than trying to qualify a larger amount and then potentially draining before you get to use it

DSC06300 (resized).JPGDSC06300 (resized).JPG
#10359 8 months ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

A man in the crater?

LOL when i first heard it i thought it was "the man is a traitor"

#10383 8 months ago
Quoted from Had:

I am not convinced either regarding the U-turn shot. I spent a good amount of time trying to hit this shot from the lower left flipper and it might as well be impossible on my game from the lower flippers

I think it's only going to be added in the code like it is in Fish Tales, it's not an aimed shot to complete or progress in a certain mode, just a bonus for when it happens. I've done it a fair few times in Bond and more often than not it's exactly the same scenario as doing it in FT, it's an off powered shot that doesn't quite make it, either because of ball slap or a mishit flipper shot.

#10504 8 months ago
Quoted from Had:

Are we certain the 1mm wire isn't putting out a huge magnetic field? It could also be the earth's magnetic field. Check to make sure you have your back legs aligned to the north pole

Everyone is channelling Levi these days but seriously though cynicism and sarcasm has been around even before the first politician came on the scene

#10510 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think the modes need to be made easier to finish, but perhaps they should be made easier to start. There’s so many of them to plow through it just makes sense.

I'm thinking this may be addressed, possibly the scoring balance also, when they get to the final "polishing off" phase of the code

#10635 7 months ago

I'm not aiming for a definitive word on the bricking target thing but what works for some people may not always work for others and pinball machines, although all basically built the same, can have quirky little differences to each other. Initially i tried the spring cut, by at least a 1/3rd of the length, which is a bit more than what Pinmonk was suggesting and YES it made the situation better but NO it didn't exactly fix the issue. Since swapping to the blue springs it's been virtually 100%. There may have been 3 or 4 times total that a target didn't drop and from memory that was from a weak flipper shot that was non directed, in other words was a deflection off a post, etc.

#10645 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think there is also some effect of people bought something, so they think it must make a positive difference, with or without and real evidence

WOT?? You suggesting that people can't evaluate the evidence before their own eyes just because they "may" have spent extra money on it?? That's just a tad presumptuous.

#10648 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Thankfully Stern sent me blues for free, removing the implicit bias.

Distro did for me but yup

#10649 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This thread is making my head hurt……

Quick..put the blue springs on...ohhh actually...damn that will increase the tension

#10656 7 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone ever done a super slow motion video of a bricking drop target to try to figure out the direct/root cause?

From memory alone i think Pinmonk mentioned something about the "shelf" that the target sits on is one of the reasons behind the bricking. Think he also mentioned looking into the problem down the track......QUEUE Pinmonk!!

#10855 7 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Like normal, damaged part is the bottom, hope it is covered by warranty

Did you buy through AMD in Sydney?
If so, contact them and see how you go. Good chance they will replace it

#10869 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Can anyone direct me where to get a replacement spinner decal?

There's definitely a spare set in the goody bag with a Premium, would assume the Pro has a spare set too??

#10888 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The ship has sailed

The ship was the Titanic.

#10983 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am still having the hardest time getting mine to download the whole way without starting over. Got to 4 of 4 today but then it stopped again. I guess I will have to go with USB.

I go with the USB all the time. It's just easier TBH and i've not had it stuff up once. Not sure why some people find it harder as you only need to download to a PC etc, and then extract/unzip the files to the USB stick.

#11099 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Woo hoo topper obtained! It's actually quite nice - the light show it gives is pretty damn great.

Total cost + shipping??

#11163 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Dude, just grab a USB stick and be done with it.

You wifiers are some of the most sado masochistic people I’ve ever seen.

It's turned into a total wifi gate shitfest
I don't even bother trying to do it via wifi, no need at all when the USB route works every fkn time!!! And it's not like it's difficult, only have to remove the translite and put it back in when you're done. Don't get why people seem to think that's a massive inconvenience

#11182 7 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Wow. It would have been his birthday the other day. Want to play power pack now

What a bastid the photographer was for asking an old bloke to sit on the floor for a pic. It's fkn hard enough to get off the ground in your mid 50's FFS

#11203 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

You can’t (or at least I haven’t figured out a way to) add a movie here

You need a Youtube account, upload a vid to it and then copy/paste the link.

#11205 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Watch closely where the ring meets the wood on the bottom, that’s where it’s the most apparent. Is mine broken?

Hmmm, i haven't had to tighten/loosen the ring screws like i believe some have mentioned previously so i'm not quite sure what the screws go into but it looks like the screws are loose?? That right hand screw looks like it's lifting with the ring, so has it stripped/pulled the thread?

#11212 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I’m at a loss. The screws are tightened all the way down and it still moves. No one else’s does this?

So what does the screws for the ring screw into? Is it into the wood of the playfield itself? Maybe it was just an optical illusion but it appeared to me like that right screw was lifting with the ring itself when you moved the rocket back and forth. That suggests to me that either whatever the ring is screwed onto is moving up and down also or the screw is firm enough to the ring itself not to move but the hole it screws into is stripped. Have you tried removing the ring to have a look underneath?

#11273 7 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I am using a Mac to download the code to a scandisk USB. When I turn on the machine (with the usb inserted) the machine just turns on like normal. Any suggestions???

I can't comment on Mac computers cause i use Windows but when i download the code from Stern's website, once downloaded i need to extract/unzip the 4 files with WinRAR to the USB stick. After that it has always worked!!
Have the files you have downloaded to the USB been unzipped? cause if they are still in unzipped format the machine probably won't recognise it.

1 week later
#11496 6 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Did you check on top of the speaker magnet?

Or inside the holes next to the cone. Found quite a few missing screws/washers/nuts in there before on new and old machines

#11521 6 months ago

Lord knows I ain't gettin' there in three.

I sure don't get there in 5...so 10 seems reasonable

#11779 6 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

3rd have people had the lock shot gate come off heaps? Happens almost every 2 or 3 games when hit from the right flipper.

Get a decent big chunky pair of pliers or similar and squish the shit out of the tip of the piece that sticks through the bracket on the right, that will stop it from pulling out of the hole. It should look like this.

DSC06393 (resized).JPGDSC06393 (resized).JPG
#11864 6 months ago

Had an issue with 1 drop target not going down (just the spring detached) so while i had the glass off i added a second piece of foam to the side above the left eject so it fills the full gap. I did find that the ball would sometimes bounce out from the gap by hitting the top of the factory installed piece and since filling the gap completely it's been significantly better. Not sure if our US bro's got spares in their goody bags but over here there was 2 extra pieces pre cut to the factory installed length. I just needed to trim a couple of MM's off one end for the perfect fit

DSC06394 (resized).JPGDSC06394 (resized).JPGDSC06395 (resized).JPGDSC06395 (resized).JPG

#11873 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Mine did not come with extra foam. What would you call this material if I wanted to buy some?
This is going to be another situation where we need 2 inches but have to buy 10 feet.

I was just having a looksie on the net and i'm pretty sure it's adhesive backed neoprene rubber sheet. The original is not really like that old style soft foam that is semi porous and has a lot of give in, it seems denser than that. I can tell you that the spares are bang on 4mm thick, 60mm long and 26.5mm high, a little bit lower than the original but pretty close. Kinda surprised it wouldn't be in all goody bags to be honest, seems bloody odd it would just be for Oz machines.

#11875 6 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I did the same and it’s an absolute must for that shot.

YEP!!! It's made a HUGE difference to hitting that shot from the right flipper. I'm not going to say it's 100% cause every now and then it can get a weird bounce off the rubber stop that's up under the plastic but it's gotta be at least 90% of the time it will hit and drop vertically straight down into the scoop

#11887 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I ordered the denser neoprene rubber

That's a little thinner at 3mm but it should still be fine. Just as a matter of interest, do you own the Pro or Premium?

#11902 6 months ago

There goes my theory
I was thinking maybe the Pro didn't have the extra rubber pieces in the bag.

#11904 6 months ago

There goes my theory
I was thinking maybe the Pro didn't have the extra rubber pieces in the bag.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Have a pro in Oz . No rubber. Got decals and spare plastics.

And there goes my other theory about maybe it was just Oz delivered machines having the extra rubber
That's where the rubber was though, in the bag with extra plastics and target decals.

#12018 6 months ago

Had an awesome game just before, probably was the extra bourbons Absolutely smashed my previous best score and finally completed that little bastid Red Grant which i've struggled with for ages, found that backhanding the right lane actually works better for me a lot of the time. I also completed DB5 and Little Nellie modes for the first time. Also got to play Chaos, Ahoy and BJB modes in the same game, first time getting to Chaos and i can confirm that the crossed hands method does work really well for that although the only down side is it's really hard to nudge the machine properly like that. Even had the first 3 movie inserts lit which i don't recall doing before (Dr No, FRWL and Goldfinger)
Loving this game!!!

DSC06426 (resized).JPGDSC06426 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#12160 5 months ago

Anyone know what brand the plugs are that Stern uses these days? The female/male pair pictured is from the flasher dome connection. Trying to find out the part numbers for both 3 pin male and female and the pins they use which are the square type. Had a suss around the net under the Molex range and can't seem to find anything the same.

DSC06440 (resized).JPGDSC06440 (resized).JPGDSC06441 (resized).JPGDSC06441 (resized).JPG
#12165 5 months ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

Search Molex Junior Fit 3 conductor - you should find what you need

Cheers mate but nahh those aren't the same as they have different holes on the connector blocks.
Pinmonk replied to me in the New Stern thread and supplied these links which look correct, TE brand.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/2307185-3/11619386

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/2029112-3/2324524

#12187 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I like it cause it’s faster than physical lock slows the pace of the game down cause of the delay to lock the physical ball.

Gotta get a chance to sip your bourbon at some part of the game

#12208 5 months ago
Quoted from flipper007:

Would be cool, if u can open the shaft for the upperloop shot.

Shoot for the rocket and quite often when the ball rolls out it goes out the left side of the gate and back onto the upper flipper. Works for me

#12277 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

For example, I can often get one lit and if I push the button, it will give me a two times play field multiplier. If I keep playing that ball and hit the loop anymore get lit do I push the button to activate more than two times multiplier for instance if I activated one already and it ended am I able to activate more again on the same ball?

Or any clarification on this would be very grateful. Thank you

YES, once the 2x multiplier is finished you can go the loop and qualify more if you have them flashing and then hit the button again to go again. I've used this strategy many times on Bird One multi ball and it works well.

4 weeks later
#12779 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And by that logic of it must enter the pops, mine never did. Mine bounced off the post and bounced back in or hit the dragon tank. Mine was completing modes for me.

Mine was bouncing back into the scoop regularly from new, probably 8 out of 10 times. Adjusting the coil power did help with this. Certainly not having a crack at the mod mind you It looks cool and i do like the idea, cash flow is a major issue for me right now so as the sharks say in Sharktank "For those reasons, i'm out"

#12858 4 months ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Ive been playing with the glass off and using my hands to trigger certain switches i cant hit... is this cheating? I got my highest score of 8 bazillion last night.

Ohhh you dirty rotten scoundrel you, multiple lashes for punishment and a diet of only bread smothered in vegemite (no butter or margarine) for at least a week

3 weeks later
#13454 3 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So on my location game I just realized that match was on but was set to 0% that is such an evil mistake. What do you guys think is a good match number? 8-10%? 25%?

Without going and turning on my machine, i have a feeling you can't set the match percentage any higher than 10%

#13465 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was WAY done with Fallout 4 until I installed a bunch of mods.

Must admit i had a wow of a time lobbing fatboy nukes all around the place whilst being snug in god mode LOL. Still got boring quick though

#13490 3 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

I love bourbon! (Four Roses, Colonel E.H Taylor, Uncle Nearest)

Gotta add Pikesville Rye to that list

#13494 3 months ago
Quoted from rickker:

The update did reset all of my scores to factory with the exception of GC. Wasn't too thrilled about that

That's weird cause all my high scores have remained right through all the updates, not just the GC

1 month later
#14072 85 days ago

Had a friend of my bro's drop by with his 2 kids the other evening so the kids could check out the mancave. I had all the pins turned on except Apollo 13 (out of action) and all the arcade machines >> Daytona Twin, Super Sprint, Super Hang On, Manx TT twin, couple of fighting games and a multi game cab. The 10 year old gravitates straight to the Daytona and i'm thinking yeahhh fair enough, saw that coming Look over my shoulder and the 7 year old is straight onto Bond......nearly brought a tear to my eye I asked his dad later if the 7 year old had seen any Bond films at all and he's like nope...he didn't expect that either LOL. Bond got the most love that evening

#14218 80 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anybody compare to their premium for me?

Yeah nope i don't have those marks on my Premium.

1 week later
#14464 68 days ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

So….where is that code update

Coming

#14467 67 days ago

Why the eyeroll?? Is it that bad that people need to get the pitchforks out?

#14498 66 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

As for Bond - yep, it's still amazing, I think it's gonna go up there with Maiden and DP (my top 2 Sterns ever) eventually. Just an astounding machine, Gomez really did it again.

It seems to be totally underrated in the Oz pinball community...their loss

#14504 66 days ago

Without going and taking my lock down bar off and checking for sure, i have a feeling that metal piece i have highlighted with the green arrow should be inside the apron not on the outside.
If you compare to the left side in the pic it's not showing.

Pinside_forum_8037550_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8037550_0 (resized).jpg
#14506 66 days ago

Ok i went and took off my lock down bar, something is definitely not right on your machine. Hope these shots help sort it!!

DSC06566 (resized).JPGDSC06566 (resized).JPGDSC06569 (resized).JPGDSC06569 (resized).JPGDSC06570 (resized).JPGDSC06570 (resized).JPGDSC06571 (resized).JPGDSC06571 (resized).JPGDSC06572 (resized).JPGDSC06572 (resized).JPG
#14507 66 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Either the apron is crooked OR that hook has been bent badly forward

Now i compare to mine it looks like the left side in his pic is mounted wrong, not the right side i highlighted.

#14552 62 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

It kind of feels like with Bond though that they expect people to lube up the spinner

And so Lubegate begins

#14569 62 days ago

I'm a filthy lowdown cheater just like Levi I lube spinners on ALL my machines

#14576 61 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Got it!

Thanks Guys

If anything the pad is far better off being right up near the top. What tends to happen is that any shot that goes up under the plastic and hits that bump stop rubber, the ball then drops straight down and deflects off the the top edge of the pad and then guides the ball outside of the eject hole. Some machines came with a spare pad in the goody bag (mine did) which only needs about a mm cut off the length to fit the gap perfectly so it creates a full wall of rubber. Works a treat

2 weeks later
#14851 42 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Say no more. I got you bro

Want to be careful with that, when Bond on a wand swings wildly that could have someone's eye out

#14946 36 days ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

Should have been Henry Cavill.

Surely anyone would be better than Daniel Craig and his duck arse lip posing

#14951 36 days ago
Quoted from awpepa:

Will update the mods list anytime soon

That's a VERY "busy" playfield. Each to their own

#14956 36 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

You want to see a busy playfield, let me throw my flaming frames and sinister squid on top of my epileptic playfield and you will think Bond got lost in the land of misfit mods.

Mate, i've seen FAR worse than that. There used to be an anti modding thread on Pinside (most likely still is but not looked in ages) and some of the playfield pics on there will make your head spin!!

1 week later
#15083 27 days ago

It sure wasn't popular in Oz, first time i've not seen the LE version pre sell the release at AMD......and still available!!

#15085 27 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

STh turtles twd bond (early code). LE’s will not sell out anymore unless they can get the theme right. Why?

All the Bond LE's were listed as sold as soon as they were up on the AMD site, same deal with the Jaws machine.

#15088 27 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Edit: if venom turns out to be shit, I’ll be the first to admit it and take a wash. But whether a pin is not selling well is not a true indicator.

Woaahh cmon i never said that machine was shit, in fact i never commented personally on my like or dislike for the title, just pointed out the fact that it hasn't sold all the LE's on the AMD site whereas the others were gone before the average punter had a chance. This was the case in the past at AMD where most LE's were already spoken for before they even appeared on their website.
But anyway we're getting off the topic of Bond
My take on 1.0 code is we'll see it most likely this next month....OR.....i can confidently predict it will be 2024

#15091 26 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Mark my words, Jaws will get to 1.0 before Bond does.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, the time frame to completion doesn't bother me at all, i just want it to be GREAT!!

#15092 26 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I do envy your apollo13

Tis a cool game although mine is partially out of action at the moment cause the moon grab isn't working. TBH if i had the chance to swap it i'd do so for the only machine i truly regret selling, Jackbot!!

#15112 25 days ago
Quoted from Ypaddave:

I'll start making a jig for the outlane wireform!!!

Just bypass the trough all together and have the balls in a big rotating wireform with a random escape hatch

1 week later
#15279 13 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This thread is all people waiting for code. Once it comes out it will be dead I guess

Specific machine threads don't die just because the code updates reach 1.0 and also might add that 1.0 may not be the end of adding significant beneficial code updates.

1 week later
#15395 6 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

FYI... That yellow part you are dealing with is not even stock.

Isn't that Rocket City mod supposed to be screwed onto the side of the ramp anyway??

#15397 6 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yup. He even said that you could ream it out a bit if you were having issues with.

I have it installed on my game from almost day 1, zero issues with it. Works Great!

Never needed it on my machine, a tad of plastic shavings from the pin at the start on the playfield (as a lot of people reported) and had no issues since.

#15468 2 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I agree with you in part, but trying to make sense of people saying they are still seeing “bricks” after the Blue springs or tightening springs and that’s all I can come up with. That or there is another component we aren’t thinking about.

PinMonk Vic, didn't you have the thought that the target bricking issue was due in part to the shape or design of the ledge they sit on??
I could have sworn you posted about this once and that you might look into a design/mod/change.

#15475 47 hours ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly don't even think I have the spring issue with my game and had anyone here not said something, I don't even think I would be looking.

Maybe some are being a bit critical?

I think it really does just highlight the very slight variations in people's machines. Some have said they've not had any bricking at all and on the opposite of that would be that some have swapped to the blue springs and still get bricking. My machine was kinda in the middle. I tried cutting the originals and went a little further than the 20% that Vic originally mentioned. I found that helped but didn't totally solve it. Once i changed to the blues i've not had one single incident of bricking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (Firm)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=Mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.