IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3296 1 year ago

Triple nope. I reached out to Michael Grant who originally sent the e-mail and 12 days ago he said my kit was "shipping out soon".

1 week later
#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Got ours yesterday!

Mine arrived today too.

1 week later
#3816 1 year ago

I got a trade offer I couldn't refuse, so I joined MI6 this morning. First ever NIB Stern game for me. I really enjoyed playing the game during the launch party, but I never thought I'd be picking up one so soon, let alone NIB. I won't be able to get this down to the game room for several days so hopefully that code drop comes sooner than later.

PXL_20230303_143158101~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_143158101~2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5986 1 year ago

Finally got my Bond downstairs, cracked open and set up tonight. Updated the code right away and replaced the Dr. No translite first thing.. Only issues are the game validation error update SD card message which I still have to fix and the left drop target doesn't drop easily on direct shots. Other than that she plays great. Had my cousin over tonight and we had a blast playing it for a couple hours.
338666357_221691030540624_3516257939826028562_n.jpg338666357_221691030540624_3516257939826028562_n.jpg339556191_1615300218956127_5267699384523404487_n.jpg339556191_1615300218956127_5267699384523404487_n.jpg

#6145 1 year ago

I'm really having fun with Bond. My cousin who likes pinball but isn't a big player has come over a couple times and we always seem to gravitate to Bond to play. His favorite is JJP GNR, which is also my brother's favorite since they just can't get over the experience of playing that one and I can't blame them. That said, we are having a great time on Bond. We both love the theme and it's fun watching him figure it out and get things going. I don't regret for a minute making the trade for Bond like I did. I loved how it shot at the launch party when there was no code and now watching it progress is a bonus. I figure if I liked it originally and I like it more now, by the time they are done with it, I should absolutely love it.

#6216 1 year ago

What is the go to tank mod for the Pro? Mezelmods?

#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The Mezelmods tank is actually ours, they are one of our resellers. You can buy from them or directly from us. It is plug and play, 2 circuits, easy install.
https://lermods.com/products/james-bond-pinball-dragon-tank-mod

That makes sense. I was looking at both sites online and noticed the same pictures and description and I was wondering what the difference was.

#6254 1 year ago

If anybody doesn't have their bond ball trap kit ordered, they are definitely available. Tech support had emailed me back about an issue I had already fixed so I just happened to mention the kit and he took my information down and said it would eventually be available. Lo and behold, this showed up today.

PXL_20230413_194124714 (resized).jpgPXL_20230413_194124714 (resized).jpg
#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I got mine last week but haven't been out to install it yet. Crazy to me that the biggest ball hang-up is the lip around the rocket and there is nothing in the box for that. Looks like its time to break out the mylar and get into arts and crafts mode.

The only spot at home or on route I have seen ball hangups is the left return to the flipper where the wireform creeps over and hangs the ball on the plastic. I only mentioned the kit to Stern since I had heart about it and figured if they were sending it for free, I would take it just in case.

#6264 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Did the new drop target springs come in either of your kits? Haven't gotten mine yet but I requested springs too.

Nope. Two plastics and a foam pad was what was in mine.

#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I cant believe she is gone totally?? Cold hearted…
She shows up on my game pretty frequently? …always after Radio Recon…(latest Premium code).
Have you tried redownloading the code? Other Pro owners see her around?
Its curious.

She is still in my game, but I don't see her much. Q's ring is always the second Q mode after Radioactive Recon for me.

To other's points, I don't get airballs on my Pro. The only time the ball hits the glass for me is during the Aston Martin eject when it ejects into the wireform and pushes that up against the glass.

#6705 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Ok guys, I got quite a few messages about this Bond Dragon tank mod. I’m not a “shove a bunch of toys into my pin” type of guy, but this one’s a no-brainer and it looks factory. Takes >5 mins to install and there no permanent modifications to your machine.
Total cost: $20
Link to Dragon Tank:
James Bond - Military vehicule Dragon Tank 007 Dr. No 1/43 (DY084) https://a.co/d/0YMlgwD
Quality is much better than I expected for $20. Installation is simple:
1. Remove tank from the base with a flathead screwdriver.
2. Take apart tank with the removal of 2 Phillips screws.
3. Wedge a black zip tie between the 2 pieces and re-tighten the 2 Phillips screwdrivers.
4. Tie the zip tie around the tank plastic nice and snug so there’s no play.
And that’s it! You can’t see the zip tie and it looks fantastic. Doesn’t block the dragon tank insert light either.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Cash money was right on the money. This mod is only 20 bucks and couldn't be easier to install. It looks absolutely factory which is what I like in a mod. You don't even have to install it over the flasher because now with something there it gives you a reflection off the grill so it makes it more obvious that the flasher is going. I always hated those flat plastic flashers like in Jurassic Park on the raptor pit, they are so hard to notice. This was $20 well spent. Thank you again. You saved me over $100.

PXL_20230424_223006611 (resized).jpgPXL_20230424_223006611 (resized).jpgPXL_20230424_223014285 (resized).jpgPXL_20230424_223014285 (resized).jpg
#6744 1 year ago

Stopped down for a quick game on Bond and really got a hold of one. Got this and 111 combos and had Little Nellie lit just as I drained my final ball. I think I only had two villains and two henchmen left. Even after all this I had only played radioactive reconnaissance and Q's ring.

PXL_20230425_160121080 (resized).jpgPXL_20230425_160121080 (resized).jpg
#6849 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern ball trap kit install instructions

Funny enough, when I went to install my ball trap kit, I found it was already done at the factory. Must have been why I didn't get ball hang ups in the first place. So, if you have a later build game, you won't need this.

1 week later
#7234 11 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yes! They added a ball save to the left scoop-Dragon tank-SDTM combo! Thanks, 007 team, for adding that!
The new code update is nice. Anyone who hasn't played it since pre-.88 needs to give the game another try.

They did? I came here to ask if the update changed the eject power for the left scoop or something. Before the update my scoop always went to the dragon target and then the end of the left flipper. Now after the update it goes SDTM 75%+ of the time and I absolutely don't have any ball save for that shot SDTM. It's how I lose basically every ball. Does it have to be turned on in settings? I've actually stopped playing my Bond because it was pointless with all the SDTM scoop shots until I physically adjust the scoop or something.

3 weeks later
#7893 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I didn't see Bond Girl clips, but there was static art when they came up?

I believe the only change there was from an animated Bond girl picture to a photo realistic picture now.

1 week later
#8224 10 months ago

Absolutely got a hold of one tonight. I didn't even have a crazy super jackpot or anything in James Bond multi-ball. It was only 90 million total. I did have a 245 million bonus which was nice though. Played through all the villains. All of the q gadgets and only had a couple henchmen left. Never had 7x going either. Only five at once. 180 combos. I drained my final ball with red grant going and another jetpack multi-ball lit too, so I left a bit potentially on the table. This game was wild.

PXL_20230615_005120580 (resized).jpgPXL_20230615_005120580 (resized).jpg

#8275 10 months ago

Normally not a huge mod guy, but this showed up in the mail today and I am liking it so far. It's a lot bigger than Lior's other lockdown bar plates that I have on Pirates of the Caribbean and Guns and Roses. Fills up the empty space nicely in a retro way on this game.

PXL_20230616_201815512 (resized).jpgPXL_20230616_201815512 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8471 10 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I don't like to complain about a game before code is final but the Q Modes need a pass option. They just kill the game. Most shots are deactivated except shots related to Q. I dread Q mode and I avoid it as much as possible.

I don't mind them, but the exception for sure is Power Pack. I like to quote in time with Bond when I start that one, "Oh no...".

#8474 10 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I was a little surprised to see the description of the wiz mode as a single ball hurry up type mode. Seemed to be more of a Q mode based on the description.

I just got it today for the first time. Focused on finishing villains to do it. It's pretty lackluster, but better than nothing for sure. I have to agree with others, seems like a pretty random wizard mode for finishing the villains in this case.

2 weeks later
#8900 9 months ago

If you are willing to buy all the Bond mods; shooter, armor, art blades and topper in a package deal I know of a distributor with one topper left. They want to sell it in a package deal with all the Bond mods.

#8925 9 months ago

I am digging the new Crab Key Chaos mode. Lots of fun. Very nice how they've already implemented a ball save when it switches out of that mode too. I used to get burned by that every time on Ghostbusters. Interesting that they titled it Dr. No Multiball in the high score table though.

2 weeks later
#9452 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these to achieve the same effect [quoted image]

This was the first change I made. It checks the most important boxes for a mod for me, it looks like it should have been there originally and the price is certainly reasonable. The Dr. No translite while true to the movie, is really awful for a Bond pin covering all Connery Bond films. The Pro side art on the right side did it better and at least the Prem. and LE translites have something going on in them.

As for the topper, I passed up on a couple of opportunities to get one. The Bond topper was a disappointment for me and the price was even worse.

#9457 9 months ago

Regarding the alternate translights, I've noticed 2 different people selling them. Do I remember reading something about one being the high resolution original and the other being a knock off? Or am I thinking of something else? Obviously I'd want the better one, and to support the creator.

I got mine directly from pinballjah

bondpin (resized).JPGbondpin (resized).JPG
#9462 9 months ago

Does the image look nice and clean? Good color saturation? What's your thoughts on the quality?

It looks factory. No lines, great color saturation. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was an original Stern product.

#9662 8 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not to mention a value add for finishing a mode, period. Doesn't need to be anything crazy, but I need a genuine reason to care beyond a few extra points (and as far as I can tell, there's little if any benefit to finishing a mode vs moving on and hitting shots in the next). One of the best things about GZ is how finishing modes affects your overall score by end game; doesn't need to go that far, but needs. something.

I finished Q's Ring last night and got a whopping 10.1 million points total. Needless to say as is, I won't be trying to complete that mode anymore. It'll be a timeout for me from now on like Power Pack.

#9670 8 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I definitely don’t time out power pack. 7x once multi starts and I got 3billion in that multiball a couple of nights ago. Definitely worth it.
Here’s a recording I did a few nights earlier where I worked out how valuable it could be. Only on 4x and 1 billion here with a very short multi.

I don't have a problem with the mode value on power pack. It's just the amount of shots needed to the scoop to finish it. On my game, the odds of making that many shots within the required time frame without losing the ball is slim to none. I think I've done it once all the games I've played. So now I don't try any more.

#9798 8 months ago
Quoted from bane:

If the Red Grant shot doesn’t go all the way to the top, it drains straight down the middle every time on my game.

Mine does this 9/10 times too if it goes almost all the way up then comes back down. I have to nudge it on the right hand side when it is coming out so it will hit the tip of the left flipper, otherwise it's gone. Been that way on every Bond pin I have played. I'm not going to attach something to bump it out artificially though since I have chalked it up to that was the way it was designed so I need to adjust.

#9855 8 months ago

Installed my Stern art blades today. I like them and they really brighten up the game now too since they sides are going from black to white. Also took the opportunity to install an external sub that I had. It makes a big difference in the sound.

PXL_20230805_211328299 (resized).jpgPXL_20230805_211328299 (resized).jpgPXL_20230805_211344191 (resized).jpgPXL_20230805_211344191 (resized).jpgPXL_20230805_211514146 (resized).jpgPXL_20230805_211514146 (resized).jpg
#9898 8 months ago

Broke the 3 billion mark today and apparently joined the .06% club that has started 7x Bond girl scoring twice in one game. I had a great Dr. No mode with 7x but when it came to Bond, James Bond MB I had already used it so I completed it and only got 89 million. I got 329 million on Chaos at Crab key though which was nice. Two henchman and two Spectre Weapons away from completing everything. The craziest thing to me though, is that I didn't start a single q branch mode the entire game. I avoided that scoop and was super efficient to keep things moving towards what I wanted and it paid off. I've never been able to avoid the Q branch scoop like that before.

PXL_20230807_233539546 (resized).jpgPXL_20230807_233539546 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10271 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Would love to see em!! Lol I had to re jig the whole game room and was trying to get three sterns together…but that didn't work out…Love game room pics…my brother just texted me and said that Bond has to go with the other Sterns…I guess when JJP releases Harry Potter, Bond can go beside the TWD

Here you go. I've just been cleaning and organizing the gameroom. Finally finding spaces for stuff I have been sitting on for awhile. Still going through the other room I have with arcade games and pins, but that one is coming along nicely too. The reality of not having enough space for all the games I have is smacking me in the face though. I used to pick up anything that was cheap, even when I didn't have room for it.

Pinside_forum_7707445_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7707445_0 (resized).jpg
#10274 8 months ago

Just had this come sliding down the right in lane while I was playing. I know it's a super common screw, but has anybody had a screw pop off in that area and happen to know where it might belong? I've looked initially and I can't find the spot.

PXL_20230818_230428397 (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_230428397 (resized).jpg
#10319 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just proof that your game really needs like half the screws it comes with.
They really over engineer these puppies !!

Actually you need this one. Took a couple games, but the one way gate bracket to the rocket finally started to shift. It apparently came off there and made it way down to the right inlane. Makes sense why I couldn't find any spot in that area upon initial inspection.

1 week later
#10545 7 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks to all for commenting on the “difficulty” of modes. I certainly wasnt bitching…but more so curious on folks opinions. It was surprising to me that so many streamers (typically fairly talented players) were only completing modes a bit over 10% of the time.
I am fully aware of tweaking the menu settings and will most likely add a bit more time.
Was just a break from the ‘think we’ll get a code update this week” talk.
Game is great. Love the shots.
Carry on.
Oh…”think we will get an update this week?”

I don't mind a challenge and I am curious to see what they come up with. That said, the blocker currently to game completion IMHO is that there is too much going on independently to get through it all as it sits. You are almost always in something so it is difficult to complete what you want because so many things have to be done on their own. 6 - 60 second + villain modes, 6 - 60 second + henchmen modes...and only stackable with Jetpack or Bird 1. Plus 6 Spectre Weapons...most with several shots to complete and 6 Q modes which can be long...all single ball. The odds of someone actually trying to play through around 20 minutes of just modes in the game and not draining out is quite a long shot. Currently I don't try to hurry and complete modes because there is no reason to. There is no big completion bonus or other benefit. I can find 5 million points somewhere else and live to fight another day instead of rushing my last couple of shots and draining. The reward part I am sure they will fix.

What I think they will do to help with progress is come up with some sort of "walker bomb" to help get through modes. Maybe complete a Spectre Weapon and you get "walker bomb(s)" to help out on that movie's villain / henchmen. Or maybe complete the Q movie mode half-way and you get 1 and if you complete it you get 2-3 to help complete shots on that movie's (or any movie's) villains/henchmen. Could also go a route like instead of "walker bombs" complete one of those and the villain / henchmen for that movie now takes 50% of the shots for instance. Either that or they are going to have to find a way to stack some with each other to make things not so siloed. Could be fun if maybe if you complete a movie's Q mode you get to use that multiball to try to take down the villain or henchmen for that movie to kill two birds with one stone, but I doubt they will go that route. Whatever route they go, I love the game so I am excited to see where it ends up.

1 week later
#10965 7 months ago

Update went fine for me but I had to start it myself. I see that it keeps the normal high score table intact, but it reset all of the mini wizard mode and Bond James Bond high scores on my game.

3 months later
#13112 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine hits the dragon target probably 99% of the time. There are times it hits that target and goes sdtm, not every time, but when it does it’s annoying.

Mine hits the dragon target 99% of the time too. If you are worried about SDTM off that kickout, double flip and hold the flippers in on the kickout. It changes the kick out power enough for that to never happen to me now, when it used to happen more than I cared to see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
11,100 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.