IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7949 10 months ago

Good morning/afternoon everyone,

Not yet in the club, but I've been considering it since I'm a huge Bond fan. But the one thing that bothered me on the first reveals was the music variety. With the range of movie this machine covers, they have a lot of music source material to work with, but the first release of the code did not include them.

Has this changed, or do we have any indication this will change ?

Cheers

#7973 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s a ton of classic John Barry tunes already coded into the game.
As far as Connery bond title themes, all of them except Goldfinger and Thunderball are in there, so they’ll show up in the game eventually.
I do not expect Goldfinger or Thunderball to suddenly show up. They are too expensive.

Kind of wonder why these two specifically are so expensive. I was hoping personally for all main themes to be played at various stages. The Bond theme, while great, kinds of get repetitive after many hours

That said, if someone has a link to a gameplay video with the latest game code, to assess music variety, that would be appreciated.

3 months later
#11327 7 months ago

Finally joined the club today, after much hesitation, but the improvement in the game code convinced me.

I found a Pro in pristine state, with some nice mods (art blades, alternative translite, LE speaker panels)

Looking at the best mods to lighten a little bit the playfield, the scuba divers seem a great addition (when available), any other ?

Cheers !

#11332 7 months ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Pinball Life Scuba Diver Kit w/teal background
[quoted image]

Can you share picture of it installed ?

Hope I can get one

#11333 7 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Well done! I have an LE, so don't need them, but that's a great example of the pinball mod mark up. I found my gyrocopter on Amazon for $45 while some mod sellers are charging $150 (although their's lights up....lol)

Could you please provide a link to this "Little Nelly" gyrocopter ?

Cheers

[EDIT] Found it. Actually found two different version in France, one 1/36 (corgi) and one 1/42. Which one would fit better ?

#11335 7 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

This is the one I bought.
Corgi James Bond You Only Live... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08517L14N

Thanks, our messages crossed.

Can you share a picture of it installed so I can get a sense of the scale ?

here's one that I found as well: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07MVKMD7M/ref=ewc_pr_img_1

#11340 7 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Sure! I hotglued it to a 3mm crafting wire and used the Jetpack plastic screw. I think it looks great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Many thanks

Looks good indeed

Regards

#11445 6 months ago

I've been reading the James Bond rulesheet, but could not find what purpose fit the movie inserts, and how to light them up ? Do you need to play one villain and one henchman mode for a specific movie ? What reward do you get for activating these inserts ?

Regards

1 week later
#11843 6 months ago

I'm really struggling with using the action button, especially during multiball... How can you ensure to select the multiplier or the smart missile ?

I really wish it was long press vs short press.

1 week later
#11992 6 months ago

Since there's a lot of discussions on topper on this thread lately, it would really benefit the community as a whole, if this thread here was updated with information and pictures of the electronics inside the topper (node board revision, wiring, etc).

Just saying

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-spike2-games-have-a-node-board-in-the-topper

4 weeks later
#12502 5 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

The topper effect is exactly what you guessed, Levi. It does the gunshot / blood drip animation (like it does in attract) at the same time the start screen animation is running. Fun stuff.

Would love to see a video of it in action.

Also would love, for posterity, if someone could post in the relevant thread details on the topper internals ( node board, wiring, etc)

Edit : found the video further down, neat indeed

2 months later
#14166 82 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

But the question still remains: Will stretching the original spring type that shipped with the game have a meaningfully increased probability of reverting to bricking compared to the blue springs. By "meaningful" it means will it matter. I'm guessing this fix will last for over 10k games played with no recurring bricking issues, and probably a lot more. So it really won't matter.
Besides, stretching it uses the original spring shipped with the game. Wouldn't using blue springs be considered cheating? I think we need a ruling on this

Just so I'm clear: can you please define "bricking" ? I've had the case occasionnaly where hitting a drop target would not cause this target to "drop", but I'm not sure this is what you refer to here ?

Regards

1 month later
#14991 33 days ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Placed an order for a NIB prem last week. Should be arriving on a slow boat in a couple of weeks. Can not abide by the topper prices (and availability), so I made my own. Now just need a place to put it....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice and well crafted indeed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=Ashram56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.