IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 314.
#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

You know, Stern has a phone number. If you’re actually interested in doing something productive about the code, call them. Be nice, the person who answers your phone call has nothing to do with the delayed code. But they can help you get information about it. With all this hate/frustration going on here, I decided to call them. Talked to a wonderful gentleman who understood my frustration. Said he would do what he could to find out where they are at with the code update and give me a call back. I’ll let you know what he says. In the words of Aaron Rogers, RELAX. Or at least do something productive about it.

Pretty funny you mention one of the least relaxed public figures in Sports who constantly does nothing but to cry and blame everyone but himself on national TV. Can we get Levi to go on ESPN with a pitchfork in his hands?

#4652 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Let us know how that goes. I doubt you get much information or help by calling. THEY KNOW.

This is the first thing that popped into my mind.

s1fk17crvnx51 (resized).jpgs1fk17crvnx51 (resized).jpgsadf (resized).pngsadf (resized).png
#4653 1 year ago

I think these posts are amusing us to some degree turning our disappointment into humor.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4654 1 year ago

Call Stern with one hand, shit in the other..

#4655 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Call Stern with one hand, shit in the other..

called for code and all I got was a reach around

#4656 1 year ago

I wonder what would happen though if everyone called Stern and politely inquired about the code and literally called them every day?

If they kept getting tons of calls daily about it surely chain of command would notice ?

The question is do they even care ;

#4657 1 year ago

Happy St Patricks Day Everyone

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4658 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

To top things off they release another product and a week or two later have a code update that is further along then the previous machine that was announced 6 months before. Seriously what are they thinking?

Well to be fair it was said on the stream that Foo Fighters has been in development for 2 years. Whereas Bond was in development by Ritchie but then after he left it had a total design reset and by Gomez. So even though Bond came out about 6 months earlier, it hasn't been "cooking" as long as Foo Fighters.

Should Stern tell the code team on Foo Fighters to not release code until the Bond code team was caught up? That doesn't make sense.

#4659 1 year ago

They should say all hands on deck to get code updated

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:You know, Stern has a phone number. If you’re actually interested in doing something productive about the code, call them. Be nice, the person who answers your phone call has nothing to do with the delayed code. But they can help you get information about it. With all this hate/frustration going on here, I decided to call them. Talked to a wonderful gentleman who understood my frustration. Said he would do what he could to find out where they are at with the code update and give me a call back. I’ll let you know what he says. In the words of Aaron Rogers, RELAX. Or at least do something productive about it.

I’ll be floored if he calls you back

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well to be fair it was said on the stream that Foo Fighters has been in development for 2 years. Whereas Bond was in development by Ritchie but then after he left it had a total design reset and by Gomez. So even though Bond came out about 6 months earlier, it hasn't been "cooking" as long as Foo Fighters.
Should Stern tell the code team on Foo Fighters to not release code until the Bond code team was caught up? That doesn't make sense.

I would think these professionals ought to be able to work on simultaneous projects since the teams do appear to work independently of one another.

Gomez threw fuel on the fire over a month ago when he said the usual 4 week update spans was being sped up. Then on 2/28 it was within two weeks. Both have come and gone.

#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah I get that, but the consumer didn't force them to release the machine anyway. Also Gomez has been on the record saying things to get us hyped and then it does not happen. So to be fair I am going crack jokes and be somewhat frustrated with Stern. I got a brand new GZ with a broken building shipped; they fixed it but it still was frustrating. I have a brand new bond with partial code that was built 3 months ago. I just got a brand new Ehoh that came with the house optos wire backwards and then a Node board blew. So three machines built in the last 4 months and everyone has had an issue. So to be fair I am frustrated.

#4663 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Also Gomez has been on the record saying things to get us hyped and then it does not happen

Where is the disco volante sticker that he said is in the goodie bag three times?

#4664 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where is the disco volante sticker that he said is in the goodie bag three times?

I want to buy a Bond pin from the imaginary company Gomez works for. It sounds a lot more promising than the one Stern put out.

#4665 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe it is coming with the trap kits?

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll be floored if he calls you back

He actually did just call me back. He gave me an update. A couple things he asked me not to share, but what I can share is that the code update has been completed and it is being reviewed by the license holder. It will be released as soon as they approve. I know, let the eye rolls start as we’ve heard this before, but unfortunately that’s the reality.

#4667 1 year ago

Sounds like we should start to put pressure on the license holder
barrage them with emails

#4668 1 year ago

He actually did just call me back. He gave me an update. A couple things he asked me not to share, but what I can share is that the code update has been completed and it is being reviewed by the license holder. It will be released as soon as they approve. I know, let the eye rolls start as we’ve heard this before, but unfortunately that’s the reality.

Fine fine...

OK everybody!!

Pitchforks back in the shed! At least till next week.

#4669 1 year ago

A couple things he asked me not to share,

Probably that its a shit show.

#4670 1 year ago

Wait a second they told you that the code is completely done? lol

And what is this Nazi Germany told you things not to share really?

I guess I’ll have to call them myself to get all the information?

#4671 1 year ago

I have a feeling JrTombers inbox is a tomb full of desperate pleading PMs right about now.

Lemme just hit "send." You can trust me dude!

#4672 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Wait a second they told you that the code is completely done? lol

Code update is complete. Not the same as the entire code……

#4673 1 year ago

Code update is complete. Not the same as the entire code……

Oh I understand now thank you for clarifying

#4674 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Sounds like we should start to put pressure on the license holder
barrage them with emails

Nah just give them a call…

#4675 1 year ago

Did you give him your pinside handle and tell him you will be reporting back to us on the James bond owners thread? I mean inquiring minds want to know! Will you be on double secret probation if you tell us? HA! well its made for interesting pinside day that is for sure! Thank you for reporting back 007. now get to LA and find out what the hold up is with MGM.

doublesecret210128 (resized).jpgdoublesecret210128 (resized).jpg

#4676 1 year ago

Connery on other Bonds

#4677 1 year ago

OK,Happy St.Patricksday children,now,time for your naps!!!

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

They should say all hands on deck to get code updated

The folly of thinking if you put 10 developers on a project it will be done in a tenth of the time.
Anybody who is in the industry will tell you the unfortunate reality of this is equivalent to saying that if you put 9 freshly pregnant women together in a room you will get a birth in one month instead of 9.

Joke aside, there are things that can be done in parallel to increase throughput but unless the project is set up that way and the people are used to work like that, unfortunately throwing more bodies at it may get you a minimal speedup at best, or it may be even detrimental.

#4679 1 year ago

Not buying it, keep the pitchforks ready fellas!

Oh forgot to add, they will have an issue with something and back to drawing board.

What a circus!

#4680 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not buying it, keep the pitchforks ready fellas!

For sure JR is Gomez lol came to pinside around the time of the Bond release. now offering important info along with well i have secrets only the receptionist at Stern knows, me, and the upper management.

#4681 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

The folly of thinking if you put 10 developers on a project it will be done in a tenth of the time.
Anybody who is in the industry will tell you the unfortunate reality of this is equivalent to saying that if you put 9 freshly pregnant women together in a room you will get a birth in one month instead of 9.
Joke aside, there are things that can be done in parallel to increase throughput but unless the project is set up that way and the people are used to work like that, unfortunately throwing more bodies at it may get you a minimal speedup at best, or it may be even detrimental.

It's called The Mythical Man-Month in case anyone wants to read more about it:
https://www.amazon.com/Mythical-Man-Month-Software-Engineering-Anniversary/dp/0201835959

Of course, it's also true that one good programmer can be 10x as productive as one mediocre programmer.

#4682 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I wonder what would happen though if everyone called Stern and politely inquired about the code and literally called them every day?

Nothing except clogging up tech support for people who need it.

#4683 1 year ago

I just got done playing about 8 games on location of a bond pro.

The left orbit would reject close to the ramp frequently. Is this a thing with all bonds? I've only played one other pro and I don't remember it doing that.

I picked up a premium and looking forward to playing more. The game shoots great.

#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lonnie Let Die
Never say update again
No time to code
Fiasco Royale
The Man Says the code is Done
Code updates are for never
Download another day
You only load twice
A view to a Nil

I don’t post much…..
but this made me chuckle!

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from dvmrunner:

With how small the pinball community is, why is there no insider information leaked? Shouldn't someone have an "in" to know when code is actually going to be released? Or would that ruin the fun of pitchfork Friday?

I was told by a very credible source about 2 weeks ago that the next update was 2 weeks away, give or take a day...

#4686 1 year ago

My guys, I once sold a stranger things premium for $6,300.

Keep your bonds for a while.

#4687 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

My guys, I once sold a stranger things premium for $6,300.
Keep your bonds for a while.

I feel ya, I sold my GB pro for 5500 I wish I had that one back. Not only for the surge in value but the game was fun. Dont get me wrong with all the crap ive been dishing out on Bond. I really like Bond and have faith Gomez and team will make it fantastic.

#4688 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I was told by a very credible source about 2 weeks ago that the next update was 2 weeks away, give or take a day...

Our source is Gomez and he said '2 weeks' that was 2 months ago. I hope your source knows more than Gomez.
In Gomez we trust - until we don't and then he gets the pitch forks.

#4689 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The maker of my toaster never shows up online and tells me “two weeks” and your toaster will start to work like it is supposed to. [quoted image]

Hey at least it wasn't a car analogy

#4690 1 year ago

i vote all future analogies should be appliance based.

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

i vote all future analogies should be appliance based.

“And on that day, there were henceforth 97 percent fewer attempted analogies on Pinside.”

#4692 1 year ago

Have one JB sign ready to ship. PM if interested. Cheers.

AAD80217-6330-48E8-99ED-B54CC17EA460 (resized).jpegAAD80217-6330-48E8-99ED-B54CC17EA460 (resized).jpeg7314A050-B24C-4AD8-8C07-786889DC2DA0 (resized).jpeg7314A050-B24C-4AD8-8C07-786889DC2DA0 (resized).jpeg0FBDFFED-EB57-4DCE-8174-B6C6E176A64C (resized).jpeg0FBDFFED-EB57-4DCE-8174-B6C6E176A64C (resized).jpegFB44F3CF-8204-4B65-9B8F-38764D16412C (resized).jpegFB44F3CF-8204-4B65-9B8F-38764D16412C (resized).jpeg89F70F5B-BD70-4411-960F-62B777B055E7 (resized).jpeg89F70F5B-BD70-4411-960F-62B777B055E7 (resized).jpeg
#4693 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Have one JB sign ready to ship. PM if interested. Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#4694 1 year ago

Lior coming in strong.

24F7E2DB-68FB-46F1-8E4B-7B24CFD32050 (resized).jpeg24F7E2DB-68FB-46F1-8E4B-7B24CFD32050 (resized).jpeg2D3795F9-FD55-4C67-A624-CBC3A8FCEB12 (resized).png2D3795F9-FD55-4C67-A624-CBC3A8FCEB12 (resized).png
#4695 1 year ago

I deleted my post and agree with you guys. I should not have posted that but I was just super angry in my real life and I guess I just took it out on Pinside post . Got rear ended today at 50 so anyways I apologize for the comments.

I am new to the hobbie. I’m not quitting anytime soon ;

But you’re absolutely right I was in the wrong and I admit it I made a mistake and apologize

#4696 1 year ago

I called Stern too for code.

Gomez said two weeks.

I asked the support person if that’s true and she said BOHICA

#4697 1 year ago

You’re on Pinside for less than a year and you’re calling Gomez an embarrassment?? One of the best designers out there?? Sell your game if you even own one and buy something you don’t have to cry about but I’m sure you will. The man took over probably an abomination that Ritchie started and tuned it into something with the “potential” to be great. I own an LE and you can bet your ass I’ll wait for the code to come as I know it will. The crybabies in this forum are an embarrassment to the hobby. Please sell your pins and move onto something else you don’t have a platform to whine and bitch on. I bought a STh Prem for $6500 with 176 plays on it in 2020. Doubled my money a short while later. This will be the same thing I guarantee it. Bond has way better shots than STh ever had. Please all of you sell your games so I can laugh my ass off when LE’s are going for $15k+ in a year. Have a great weekend waiting for the code drop. Get a life!!

#4698 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I don’t get a good vibe from Gomez at all ;
he’s an embarrassment with all he’s said and what’s happened the last few months.
Don’t say something if you can’t deliver…
he talks way too much and hypes too much and is full of “empty” promises.
I have no faith in what I’ve heard him talk in podcasts and what is actual reality.
I sharpened my pitchfork frustration setting in with his hyping especially at the dead flip launch party .
But in all honesty it’s probably not his fault ;
But what they should do in the future is get all the assets approved before coding the video assets I mean;
correct me if I’m wrong but basically they are waiting for the actual video clips to be approved.
It has nothing to do with the rules/modes or anything, right? It’s strictly video clips?
I will guarantee this is gonna be another 6 months watch for where it is acceptable hopefully not that long. I’m hoping for three months.
Based on my vibe with Gomez said and what is actually happening;
You loose credibility Gomez just be honest don’t get us excited for no reason .
Everything I said could be totally wrong, and that could be totally alright
/End rant
This is just my opinion and experience. I’m not trying to start up Any drama just needed to vent ; I’m with Sheev on this one frustrating as hell ;

What a giant pile of horse shit. Why would you waste so much time posting negative shit?

Want a solution.. get ride of the game. Code will not be ready for 2 years. Maybe come back then.

I really like George Gomez. Stand up guy that genuinely loves pinball and James Bond.

#4699 1 year ago

If indeed it is the licenseor that is contributing to the contant delays, and I felt my product was sufferig as a result...I might just documet some the sentement and comments here on Pinside and bundle them into a Report of Concern and have a very terse meeting with the Bond folks and explain what is happening is hurting both brands and find a path to get moving.

I'm sure the Bond people have no idea that people are getting pissed. Maybe they don't care. Maybe they are slow, maybe they are too busy, or whatever, but they need to be informed.

#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What a giant pile of horse shit. Why would you waste so much time posting negative shit?
Want a solution.. get ride of the game. Code will not be ready for 2 years. Maybe come back then.
I really like George Gomez. Stand up guy that genuinely loves pinball and James Bond.

100% agree! All these code crybabies dump your games now. Let someone else get one on the cheap and enjoy letting the code mature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/94?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.