IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 314.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Kids are trying to get me to change the start button to blue. Matches the sharks pretty well. When lit, it's a deeper blue color than it appears in the pic below -- just hard to capture colors accurately with the camera.
With all the talk about orange t-molding, I'm running a set of orange buttons right now just to see how that looks too. I still like the red personally, based on tying in with the red 007 and the red lights on the lower pf. (Ref post #315 for red)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've got those orange buttons ready to go, and pretty sure I was right Will post as soon as mine shows ... I do like that light blue specter button more than I thought I would though!

#352 1 year ago

I’ve got a few questions on bond

First of all I heard from my distributor that only LE are shipping first and that premiums will be next year but he did say there are a few pros floating around;

What is the main difference between LE ($12999 msrp) and premium which is like 2 thousand cheaper I think …

What’s the verdict on this game or is it too early to tell until more reviews come out

Thank you for your help and time

I would hate to buy such an expensive game for it to be a bust ; I’ve only got room for 1 more pin and I’m dead set on getting a modern stern;

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’ve got a few questions on bond
First of all I heard from my distributor that only LE are shipping first and that premiums will be next year but he did say there are a few pros floating around;
What is the main difference between LE ($12999 msrp) and premium which is like 2 thousand cheaper I think …
What’s the verdict on this game or is it too early to tell until more reviews come out
Thank you for your help and time
I would hate to buy such an expensive game for it to be a bust ; I’ve only got room for 1 more pin and I’m dead set on getting a modern stern;

There is no way to know how Bond will turn out. It shoots well, but code is just bare bones. You can see everything in it in about 15-20 minutes right now.

If you want to get a modern Stern, get one that is already mature and well regarded (Godzilla Prem, Jurassic Park Prem, Deadpool Pro/Prem, Iron Maiden Pro/Prem, etc) then circle back to Bond in 12-18 months when you can fairly judge if it does it for you.

As for the Prem/LE spread is just niceties like powder-coating, better speakers, etc. Here's the feature matrix that compares all three models:
James-Bond-007-Feature-Matrix.pdfJames-Bond-007-Feature-Matrix.pdf

#354 1 year ago

Pro owners have to adjust the car lockout? Mines only doing the correct thing 20% of the time. Yes it’s level. Rolls over car into outlane or shooter lane.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pro owners have to adjust the car lockout? Mines only doing the correct thing 20% of the time. Yes it’s level. Rolls over car into outlane or shooter lane.

Increase strength, is what they are saying. But I'm still waiting for mine, so not sure

#356 1 year ago

I fixed it. Loosen these nuts and go a hair towards you with the wire form over top the car. Test in coil setting - right vuk. Increased power from 16 to 18

945AA1C9-EEDD-4830-8AB2-AC3877BF136D (resized).jpeg945AA1C9-EEDD-4830-8AB2-AC3877BF136D (resized).jpeg

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I fixed it. Loosen these nuts and go a hair towards you with the wire form over top the car. Test in coil setting - right vuk. Increased power from 16 to 18
[quoted image]

Reminds me of tuning the shooter wireforms in NBAFB. Another Gomez game. Yes. Sometimes the slightest adjustment in those wireforms makes the difference between consistent shots and 20% to 30% shots in Fastbreak.

#358 1 year ago

Hey guys, new pinsider here. I've got a bond LE on order should be arriving on the boat around FEB next year. Will just have to live my life through your posts until then.
Shout out to BeltKing, thanks for the verification.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Hey guys, new pinsider here. I've got a bond LE on order should be arriving on the boat around FEB next year. Will just have to live my life through your posts until then.
Shout out to BeltKing, thanks for the verification.

I hope you like it or you are going to need a new username!

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is no way to know how Bond will turn out. It shoots well, but code is just bare bones. You can see everything in it in about 15-20 minutes right now.
If you want to get a modern Stern, get one that is already mature and well regarded (Godzilla Prem, Jurassic Park Prem, Deadpool Pro/Prem, Iron Maiden Pro/Prem, etc) then circle back to Bond in 12-18 months when you can fairly judge if it does it for you.
As for the Prem/LE spread is just niceties like powder-coating, better speakers, etc. Here's the feature matrix that compares all three models:
[quoted image]

This was the exact response I was looking for ! You hit the nail right on the coffins ;

I just bought a mandalorian pro, Godzilla premium, and toy story 4 LE in the last 3 months I just started pinball and got the bug B A D; I can’t stop playing !!!

Looking for my final pinball for my collection owning more then 4 just doesn’t do it for me space wise ;

So I was definitely wanting a deep and established game for my 4th ;(but still highly considering bond)

I think your fair analysis of waiting 13-16 months to see how it would turn out is pretty probably realistic and fantastic advice ;

I’m just a huge diehard bond fan and may even still buy it …

If I think Godzilla is hard what other polished stern modern game that is newbie friendly -mediocre with room to grow into advanced ? ;

; JP I’ve heard is way harder ; not sure about Deadpool;

Sorry if I went off topic a bit ;

I am still going to play and test James when the LE comes in and probably make a decision then and hopefully more feedback for bond will show up ; I don’t even see it in the top 100 yet surely ppl have written reviews for it …

Also why would stern release this game with such a shallow and short code?

Why didn’t they take the time to deepen the code and rule sets before releasing the game it seems like back ass backwards way to release a game so not polished? ;

If you can see the entire game in 15 minutes that’s absolutely terrible IMO

Unless their protocol for releasing games with no deep code is the norm .

.I’m new to pinball and stern so I don’t know much ….

But seems frustrating that they would do this ?

Anyone with any info or comments I’d love to hear your thoughts on anything

Forgive my ignorance or if I offended anyone

I know nothing about Any of this;

Thank you so much if anyone wishes to respond

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My LE was doing this too, and also sometimes not coming all the way out -- the roof panel was just catching the edge of the habitrail. Like you, I adjusted its position so the door fully clears, and one piece of the habitrail blocks the direction of the outlane. Been 100% ever since.

Don't worry folks, it's that easy. Just two nuts to loosen. If you take out a ball, you can repeatedly test it while in attract mode, as the game ejects the ball immediately to get set up for a new game. Get it adjusted, retighten, you're done.

#362 1 year ago

Not sure if already posted.. but LMAO!

9E543D93-9865-4336-8E40-C6E7F2DC71D6 (resized).jpeg9E543D93-9865-4336-8E40-C6E7F2DC71D6 (resized).jpeg
#363 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't want that. It would make the spectre weapons incredibly easy to get, and they're not supposed to be.

I’m sure there’s a middle ground possible

#364 1 year ago

Le looks great...I have a prem on order and have a chance to grab a Le......very tempting. Congrats guys !

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This was the exact response I was looking for ! You hit the nail right on the coffins ;
I just bought a mandalorian pro, Godzilla premium, and toy story 4 LE in the last 3 months I just started pinball and got the bug B A D; I can’t stop playing !!!
Looking for my final pinball for my collection owning more then 4 just doesn’t do it for me space wise ;
So I was definitely wanting a deep and established game for my 4th ;(but still highly considering bond)
I think your fair analysis of waiting 13-16 months to see how it would turn out is pretty probably realistic and fantastic advice ;
If I think Godzilla is hard what other polished stern modern game that is newbie friendly -mediocre with room to grow into advanced ? ;
I am still going to play and test James when the LE comes in and probably make a decision then and hopefully more feedback for bond will show up ; I don’t even see it in the top 100 yet surely ppl have written reviews for it …
Why didn’t they take the time to deepen the code and rule sets before releasing the game it seems like back ass backwards way to release a game so not polished? ;

Welcome to the beginning of the end.
You’re so screwed lol ^_^

My op on layout difficulties for some recents:
JP hard
GB hard
TMNT hard/medium
DP medium/easy
Bond medium/easy
GZ easy
Rush easy

Regarding Bond unpolished product release-understand they’re a business trying to simultaneously service existing thousands of games, build new thousands, design/test new handfuls, negotiate licenses, expand into a new factory, slowly evolve software/boards. While the mfrs sometimes don’t do themselves any favors, stuff doesn’t happen overnight nor automatically despite our passion for it.

#366 1 year ago

I made a run of 4 Bond toppers and shooter rods. I have one left. PM me if interested.

Topper has lighting and motorized arm.

After this one is gone if there is more interest I will make 3 more in January for a total run of 007 units.

424AF7DF-3A47-47A7-818A-396441C51A1C (resized).jpeg424AF7DF-3A47-47A7-818A-396441C51A1C (resized).jpeg497409D9-75FD-438C-B28C-56B845BCAF6A (resized).jpeg497409D9-75FD-438C-B28C-56B845BCAF6A (resized).jpegC3D27924-ADE5-4256-B095-214F3D9FA13D (resized).jpegC3D27924-ADE5-4256-B095-214F3D9FA13D (resized).jpegFC897DB3-937A-40DD-AA56-F1E5BA2C1AD6 (resized).pngFC897DB3-937A-40DD-AA56-F1E5BA2C1AD6 (resized).png
#367 1 year ago

I will have an LE for sale here soon, NIB, if anyone interested. Thanks

#368 1 year ago

How are the provided balls for the LE?
Any rust/pitting issues like mentioned for the pro models?
My LE coming in a week and wondering if I need to order new ones. Thanks.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

As a recovering pinball addict, I can confidently say that eventually you'll realize that your ideal pinball collection is your current collection plus one. It doesn't matter how many you have. The addiction is real.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Also why would stern release this game with such a shallow and short code? Why didn’t they take the time to deepen the code and rule sets before releasing the game it seems like back ass backwards way to release a game so not polished? ;

This release, especially has been a shitshow. Dunno what's happening internally, but it's not a normal release. Plus they put (in my opinion) their most mediocre coder on Bond, who has a habit of "good enough" and not "great" work. They gave him a good support team, so this time may be different, but there's a LONG record of not-so-great work.

They may have been pressed by timelines in their license contract to announce the game out by the 60th in Sept. Dunno. But it's been bad.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

EVERYONE might not, but I was able to get to the point where I could see it all in one game in less than a week. Prior to that I had seen pretty much everything, but across several games.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

For Stern, this is the new normal. The only question is HOW incomplete the game is at launch. Some are better than others. Some (Munsters) stay shallow even when they're "done." It's why I recommended waiting to see how Bond turns out. You can always pick one up later IF it appeals to you when it's done, or even more complete.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Yeah, this is a great question. Stern was supposedly aware of once the pros started being unpacked. Wonder if it was addressed in time for the domestic LEs (international LEs are probably SOL because they were done earlier).

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I made a run of 4 Bond toppers and shooter rods. I have one left. PM me if interested.
Topper has lighting and motorized arm.
After this one is gone if there is more interest I will make 3 more in January for a total run of 007 units.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Topper is Sold.

Taking a list for the final run of 3. They Will be complete in early January. Just waiting on the db5’s it’s the part not made in house.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure if already posted.. but LMAO!
[quoted image]

I can't tell you how many route pins I've bought with bugs embedded in the back of the backbox from operators transporting pins like this. So lazy. Takes, what? 20 seconds to fold down the head?

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

The balls are terrible, worse ones I have seen from Stern, get new shiny ones, you will need 6

#374 1 year ago

yeah balls are bad but not rusted. Never use Stern balls.

#375 1 year ago

I’ll have to say the balls that came with my GZ premium a week ago were so embarrassingly bad I had to replace them right away

#376 1 year ago

My son playing a bit tonight. Still learning not to use both flippers at once.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

yeah balls are bad but not rusted. Never use Stern balls.

Why? Unless rusted which I’ve never had, why wouldn’t you use stern balls?

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Why? Unless rusted which I’ve never had, why wouldn’t you use stern balls?

I will go ahead and guess and say cheap build quality balls ; the ones I got were already marked and pitted a little and dull looking

Assuming you install good new balls on average after how many plays is it good to replace them usually?

#379 1 year ago

I got my LE. I'll set it up tomorrow.

0E95AE0B-354C-4B60-B606-F37809D18255 (resized).jpeg0E95AE0B-354C-4B60-B606-F37809D18255 (resized).jpeg
#380 1 year ago

Any score that has 007 in a grouping should earn a secret extra replay!

20221216_011001 (resized).jpg20221216_011001 (resized).jpg
#381 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For Stern, this is the new normal. The only question is HOW incomplete the game is at launch.

If new you mean for the last 10 years, then yes new. It’s been like this since TWD at least. It took over a year for that code to be enjoyable and now it’s one of the best.

Every machine launched since then has had similar issues. Although it seems like the Elwin games are better than the others.

#382 1 year ago

When was the last time a game didn't eventually get pretty solid code? Offhand everything I can think of in the LCD era at least has wound up pretty damn good in the long run. Honestly, Mando is the only one I can think of in recent history I wouldn't be pretty happy to have on deck if I had space.

I really enjoyed seeing the game develop on GZ and Rush. I'm not entirely sad the LEs are bare bones right now, confident they'll get there and it'll be a good ride. It's a great layout to work with.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

When was the last time a game didn't eventually get pretty solid code? Offhand everything I can think of in the LCD era at least has wound up pretty damn good in the long run. Honestly, Mando is the only one I can think of in recent history I wouldn't be pretty happy to have on deck if I had space.
I really enjoyed seeing the game develop on GZ and Rush. I'm not entirely sad the LEs are bare bones right now, confident they'll get there and it'll be a good ride. It's a great layout to work with.

Simple as that.
(And Mando is pretty rad too)

#384 1 year ago

Just got the call, bond LE is at the hub and I’ll have it by 2 o’clock today!

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Balls have no rust. I still replaced them with the pinball life ones though.

#386 1 year ago
F1A5B79A-7262-44CE-965C-CA2FC353CE6C (resized).jpegF1A5B79A-7262-44CE-965C-CA2FC353CE6C (resized).jpeg
#387 1 year ago

Bond LE on the truck for delivery today! I will be interested to see how the code has improved since Pinball Expo. I’ve been fairly impressed with Stern’s ability to improve the code over time. My Munsters played like a totally different game after the major release they did when they added Insider Connect. Pinball teaches you patience, either you’re waiting for a game or waiting for better code. I’ve been waiting for my Elivra HOH since June of 2021.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My son playing a bit tonight. Still learning not to use both flippers at once.

Nice! He remembers that there is an upper flipper though which is impressive! All new players (young or old) at my place can’t seem to remember to ever flip the upper ones when ball is near (P3 is whole other level because flippers are hidden).

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

[quoted image]

002 of 1000. Nice. In the bond movies, anytime they introduced a “00” other than bond, they usually either got killed or turned out to be a villain.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Simple as that.
(And Mando is pretty rad too)

Yeah, Mando's a specific flavor I think, not really for me. Code is fine, but kinda limited by the playfield. Whole back half of that game is a waste. Great game to learn to backhand on though.

#391 1 year ago

Has anyone who bought direct through Stern heard anything yet? I'm on vacation on a beach until next Wednesday anyway, but kinda feel like for 13k I oughta have a damn update by now at least...

#392 1 year ago

Hmm…

71862736-77BD-44DA-91DB-2439E5099604 (resized).jpeg71862736-77BD-44DA-91DB-2439E5099604 (resized).jpeg
#393 1 year ago

Gomez said game 007/1000 was going to be auctioned off for charity. He also said (twice) that the 60th anniversary game would be revealed by now...

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You are in fort Lauderdale. I highly recommend going to glitch bar. They have 8 games. Last time I was there they had
GZ PRO
IMDN PRO
MANDO PRO
RUSH PRO
LED ZEP PREM
DEADPOOL PRO
AIQ PRO
STTNG

Note two of the games are up front, other 6 are in the back in a separate room, ask for the code for the back room at the bar.

#395 1 year ago

Orange.

54EB6BD1-A568-4B58-BE05-0BFF2724776B (resized).jpeg54EB6BD1-A568-4B58-BE05-0BFF2724776B (resized).jpeg
#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

auctioned off for charity.

Sold to the highest bidder - charity: Gary’s whiskey and fine dining appreciation club.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Bond LE on the truck for delivery today! I will be interested to see how the code has improved since Pinball Expo. I’ve been fairly impressed with Stern’s ability to improve the code over time. My Munsters played like a totally different game after the major release they did when they added Insider Connect. Pinball teaches you patience, either you’re waiting for a game or waiting for better code. I’ve been waiting for my Elivra HOH since June of 2021.

Getting my LE today too. I played a Pro and Premium a couple of weeks ago at Pincinnati, as well as at Expo in October. Code was .58 at Expo and .70 at Pincinnati. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference, but I love how it shoots. I spoke with Mike Vinikour at Pincinnati, and he told me that they have a decent update ready, but are waiting for the license holder to approve...and he said they are slow. After speaking with him, I fell confident the code will get much better. He was very passionate about it.

#398 1 year ago

Looking for someone to test my James Bond edition plate on their Pro or Premium. Will send it for free if you provide me with your serial number. PM if interested. Thanks.
James Bond Plate (resized).jpgJames Bond Plate (resized).jpg

James Bond Sexy Plate (resized).jpgJames Bond Sexy Plate (resized).jpg
#399 1 year ago

In the club!

Playing great, but man the drop targets are SUPER bricky. Any tips to tweak? The flippers seem really strong so first instinct is to turn them down… but I like to play with stock settings for the most part so curious if there’s a physical adjustment that worked for anybody.

0666D6A8-FB35-4AEC-AB7A-4870D01E0BBF (resized).jpeg0666D6A8-FB35-4AEC-AB7A-4870D01E0BBF (resized).jpeg
#400 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

In the club!
The flippers seem really strong so first instinct is to turn them down
[quoted image]

You need them strong to make the jet pack ramp. I would wait till you play a while to figure it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/8?hl=machinegunguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.