IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 309.
#3951 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Part of my issue is the shooter rod being misaligned too, but when I tried loosening the housing up there was basically no play to adjust it. Not sure if there's another way to tweak the position than that?

There are three screw going from the back to front and two wood screws just going from the back to the wood. Did you loosen all 5 of these fasteners? Sorry, if that sounds like I'm being strange, but I can't imagine it has no play. Do you mean it is already all the way in the direction you are trying to move it? Or do you mean it won't move at all? If it doesn't have play for some reason or if it can't move enough then you can try two things. Basically both give you the same effect. First thing flatten out that plate piece in the backside. I've seen in the past a game that had this piece installed over the top of the lock down bracket there right next to it. Also I've seen one that bent all out of shape. Second you can try to stuff something under the assembly. Use the opposite side of which direction you want the plunger to shoot.

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone feeling the need for an MRS switch in the bond woman shot? I think it jumps over the switch from nutty speed sometimes.
Maybe a plastic cover will work too

I have fixed this on a rush machine. I just adjusted the switch. It's not jumping necessarily. The speed is the issue. That switch needs to be closed long enough for the software to notice. Very slightly adjust the switch (it's easy to go too far and get into a back n forth situation). It should work. Seems like exactly the same issue. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'd be 99/100 it works.

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Code update wish list...
Please raise the controlled gate above the pops after locking a ball at Bird 1. I'm about to rip the whole gate assembly out at this point! (or at least tape it up). Need to feed the upper flipper more, more, more; not keep the ball in the pops!

Just leave the glass off and add 25 balls!

#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If anyone could post a photo of the underside of the premium playfield scuba divers I would really appreciate it. I need to see how they mounted the underwater fight scene figures. Thank you!

Wire running off two screws mounted above the nearest node board, wire is looped and cable tie is wrapped around the divers torso and through the wire loop.
C8CBDCD1-9ECA-4328-BAB9-9416E69E0793 (resized).pngC8CBDCD1-9ECA-4328-BAB9-9416E69E0793 (resized).png

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I’m operator for a pro on location we’ve had it a day and everyone’s complaining game is too hard and eats money too quick lol
Game is set to stock standard should I make it easier or harder? LoL
It’s set to $1 for 3 balls i feel is fair I mean the machine just cost me thousands I need to recoup some costs….

I closed the left outlane on my location bond games.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If anyone could post a photo of the underside of the premium playfield scuba divers I would really appreciate it. I need to see how they mounted the underwater fight scene figures. Thank you!

This is an LE. Should be same.

Scubatime1 (resized).jpegScubatime1 (resized).jpegScubatime2 (resized).jpegScubatime2 (resized).jpegScubatime3 (resized).jpegScubatime3 (resized).jpeg
#3957 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What kind of adjustments could I make to make the drop targets more sensitive on hard shots? A strong shot from the right flipper almost always bounces off, but a weak shot from the left tends to drop it. Any ideas on how to adjust this?
Thanks!

Short answer: Cut the springs 20%. Solved the problem completely for me and completely or almost completely for everyone who tried it. There's a keypost in the topic index about it under TECH:PLAYFIELD.

#3958 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Short answer: Cut the springs 20%. Solved the problem completely for me and completely or almost completely for everyone who tried it. There's a keypost in the topic index about it under TECH:PLAYFIELD.

What’s the meaning of the red part of the spring? I took off about 4 rings of the red part, thinking both ends are the same. This didn’t work, so maybe I didn’t take 20%. I will try more loops, but also have the springs from Home Depot someone mentioned, to try as well.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

What’s the meaning of the red part of the spring? I took off about 4 rings of the red part, thinking both ends are the same. This didn’t work, so maybe I didn’t take 20%. I will try more loops, but also have the springs from Home Depot someone mentioned, to try as well.

Off the top of my head, 4 rings sounds more like 10%. And it seems like 20% is the minimum to make it work consistently. Or maybe you took it off the "wrong" end, I dunno. I guess I could have counted the loops I took off, but that milk is spilled, so can't go back now and count them to get it exact for everyone.

EDIT: Or...maybe I can. Counting the stock spring on the picture of the target mech in my key post on this, it looks like there are around 60 loops on the stock spring, so exactly 20% would be 12. So if you only took off 4, you were nowhere close, and on the wrong end. 12-14 should be fine. Taking off a bit more is better than not enough in this case, so 14 total would be safe.

Red is the strength of the spring. Blue is stronger, Black is strongest.

#3960 1 year ago

Is it just me or is there a horrible ball save on launch and no setting to extend it? clearly my poor play is a part of it but on launch the ball hit a flipper and to an outlane and that was it

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Is it just me or is there a horrible ball save on launch and no setting to extend it? clearly my poor play is a part of it but on launch the ball hit a flipper and to an outlane and that was it

Standard Adjustment #57 - Ball save time. Default is 5 seconds, which is pretty generous, but you can make it more.

#3962 1 year ago

Thanks. mine was "no ball save" lol

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea what the red paint means, but I said to take it off the other end, where it connects to the target. Off the top of my head, 4 rings sounds more like 10%. And it seems like 20% is the minimum to make it work consistently. Or maybe you took it off the "wrong" end, I dunno. I guess I could have counted the loops I took off, but that milk is spilled, so can't go back now and count them to get it exact for everyone.
EDIT: Counting the loops on the picture I posted, it looks like about 13-14 loops is about 20%. So if you only took off 4, you were nowhere close, and on the wrong end.

Cool, thanks.

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Literally just cut my springs last night and I haven’t had a bricked drop target in like 50 attempts. Makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Thanks PinMonk !

#3965 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Thanks. mine was "no ball save" lol

Ah! 5 sec US is 0 Canadian.

Someday the exchange rate will go in Canada's favor.

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don't understand why this game is such a clusterfuck and coming along at the speed and grace of a homebrew.

I think deep down, you know.

#3967 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That did it! Took 2 minutes. Thanks!

#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That did it! Took 2 minutes. Thanks!

I told Gomez about this directly, so hopefully Stern starts shipping them with shorter springs from the factory so it's one less thing to tweak when a NIB shows up...

#3969 1 year ago

TDiddy Bird 1 mod on its way.. and LOVING these artblades. I know they've been posted before, but these are killer. I usually do mirrors, but I couldn't pass these up! Even better in person. What's everyone setting their car eject to?

20230305_182755 (resized).jpg20230305_182755 (resized).jpg20230305_182804 (resized).jpg20230305_182804 (resized).jpg

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

TDiddy Bird 1 mod on its way.. and LOVING these artblades. I know they've been posted before, but these are killer. I usually do mirrors, but I couldn't pass these up! What's everyone setting their car eject to?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are the art blades from?

#3972 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Are planning to make a mod for the Pro? Thanks.

#3973 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

There are three screw going from the back to front and two wood screws just going from the back to the wood. Did you loosen all 5 of these fasteners? Sorry, if that sounds like I'm being strange, but I can't imagine it has no play. Do you mean it is already all the way in the direction you are trying to move it? Or do you mean it won't move at all? If it doesn't have play for some reason or if it can't move enough then you can try two things. Basically both give you the same effect. First thing flatten out that plate piece in the backside. I've seen in the past a game that had this piece installed over the top of the lock down bracket there right next to it. Also I've seen one that bent all out of shape. Second you can try to stuff something under the assembly. Use the opposite side of which direction you want the plunger to shoot.

Yeah, mine had zero wiggle with all loosened. Seemed strange to me too. Adding some washers on one side is a good idea though. I still get some rattles on auto plunge, which is dead on, so it's not just angle either.

#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Played a bit last night, and I've gotta say I'm a little annoyed with how janky some things are on my machine despite a lot of tweaking. Thought I'd compile a list of known issues / concerns that have been addressed or need addressed. Fixed stuff usually have keyed posts, or should
1. Upper ball gate wire misaligned (fixed by bending or adjusting with washers)
2. Drop targets bricking (fixed 95% by shortening springs)
3. Issues with non-level rocket ring catching balls (some machines only, no fix I'm aware of)
4. Ball rattle killing the plunge - (some machines, no consistent fix if you have issue, I've tried)
5. Bond girl loop switch triggers inconsistently (90% improved w/ lowering upper flipper power)
6. Ball hop off the lane guides to flippers - I haven't really seen this mentioned by others, but it's an issue with mine I haven't been able to resolve, and really fucks with flow.
7. Hard metal edges in line of fire - open to debate I guess, but easily fixed at least regardless.
8. Jetpack homing issues - haven't had any issues myself but sounds like it's easy enough to fix w/ settings
What am I missing? And anyone have suggestions for bad plunges or ball hop? Those are honestly making me not want to play the damn thing.

sorry to hear. Seems they do No QC or testing of games any longer. We are the one responsible for that. Bummer.

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wire running off two screws mounted above the nearest node board, wire is looped and cable tie is wrapped around the divers torso and through the wire loop.
[quoted image]

"Thank you Mr.Kidd, the children will be so proud."

#3976 1 year ago

Hi all,

Officially joined the club yesterday, first pin and nib, it’s pretty frickin sweet.

FDC26F93-B47A-4F72-A418-EA41CA54840A (resized).jpegFDC26F93-B47A-4F72-A418-EA41CA54840A (resized).jpeg
#3977 1 year ago

This new code update must be huge. Right? RIGHT?

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Just leave the glass off and add 25 balls!

Huh? I guess I don't get the joke, are you saying that raising the controlled gate makes it too easy? I would think that the design intent would be to allow the FRWL shot to feed the upper flipper in most modes, except of course modes like Dr. No. I don't think the raising of the gate is coded in yet. We shall see I guess. I'll keep my 3 balls with the glass on, thank you.

#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Huh? , are you saying that raising the controlled gate makes it too easy

Yes. Seems like it. I could be wrong I guess.

#3981 1 year ago

Just had a really fun game. Not a super high score but fun. Lot's of great flowing combos and shots. Highlight was one of those fabled PinMonk shots around the spectre targets. I was already in "swimming with sharks" so none of the targets where hits. Man the ball entered to the left of the standups which were down and zipped around like a super tight mini orbit and down to the flipper. Super fast and was a certainly one of those shots that make you fall in love with a game. If I wasn't already in a spectre mode I'm sure it would have lit up all of the letters. Ok it's a keeper now! Bring on more code.

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just had a really fun game. Not a super high score but fun. Lot's of great flowing combos and shots. Highlight was one of those fabled PinMonk shots around the spectre targets.

After doing it accidentally the first time, I've been concentrating on that shot and it's definitely repeatable. Initially feels like the Snkkt shot on Deadpool, where it seems impossible to do consistently, but, like Deadpool, with practice you actually can start to get a feel for it and do it more regularly. Love it when I get the timing right and it rolls around, lights them all and comes out the other side.

#3983 1 year ago

There is a version 0.87 code update just now. My pin is downloading it now. Not sure if someone mentioned this already.

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from chris1ton:

There is a version 0.87 code update just now. My pin is downloading it now. Not sure if someone mentioned this already.

That's from almost a month ago, Feb 11th. 0.87 was a bugfix release for a critical bug in 0.86 released a couple days before that.

#3985 1 year ago

Sorry, I would have assumed my machine would have downloaded that automatically. Sorry for the false alarm.

#3986 1 year ago

Have had our new pro for a few days and I find the kickout from the underwater scoop super annoying as it always just hits the red post below the pops. Is this how it was designed or should it be hitting the rollover switch into the pops?

jamesbondpro (resized).JPGjamesbondpro (resized).JPG
#3987 1 year ago

I'm getting a tech alert on the Tanks Hood Target. White/Red and Black/Red. I've reseated some connectors but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Also, it doesn't seem like the switch test is working... Switch Alerts does but I can't anything to 'ding' in Switch Test...

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Have had our new pro for a few days and I find the kickout from the underwater scoop super annoying as it always just hits the red post below the pops. Is this how it was designed or should it be hitting the rollover switch into the pops?
[quoted image]

Mine usually hits the tank target.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

[quoted image]

Mine hits the tank 95% of the time.

#3990 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I'm getting a tech alert on the Tanks Hood Target. White/Red and Black/Red. I've reseated some connectors but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Also, it doesn't seem like the switch test is working... Switch Alerts does but I can't anything to 'ding' in Switch Test...

Pull the white post on the inside left of the coin door. Then try testing. Switch matrix gets no power with the coin door open on Spike2. Even Joel Gahan knows that.

Joel_Gahan (resized).jpgJoel_Gahan (resized).jpg

If the target works once there's power to the switch matrix, the tech alert just might be because you haven't hit that target in a long time. Pressing it a few times should clear it if that's the case.

If it still doesn't work, you may just have to adjust the blades closer together so they touch with an easier press. If that doesn't do it Check CN12 on Node 8 (by the flippers under the PF) to make sure it's plugged in tightly.

#3991 1 year ago

Last addition (for now)... Bird 1 has arrived! I did a tiny bit of touch up because I am a little OCD. It's a must have, looks awesome. Props to Tdiddy.

20230306_202838 (resized).jpg20230306_202838 (resized).jpg
#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine always shoots into the pops…

#3993 1 year ago

Mine shoots into pops as well

#3994 1 year ago

Mine hits the tank. You could always drop the power down I’d guess to possibly change the trajectory?

#3995 1 year ago

Tank for me too

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pull the white post on the inside left of the coin door. Then try testing. Switch matrix gets no power with the coin door open on Spike2. Even Joel Gahan knows that.
[quoted image]
If the target works once there's power to the switch matrix, the tech alert just might be because you haven't hit that target in a long time. Pressing it a few times should clear it if that's the case.
If it still doesn't work, you may just have to adjust the blades closer together so they touch with an easier press. If that doesn't do it Check CN12 on Node 8 (by the flippers under the PF) to make sure it's plugged in tightly.

Hmmmm, I'll need some more messing around I guess. Could be the blades.

I pulled the Interlock switch... The test still didn't seem to work, but I was tired earlier.

Well the tech alert is gone after the messing about and a power cycle. Maybe its because I've NEVER hit the tank target or... I fixed it lol

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Mine always shoots into the pops…

This would be better. I'll change the kicker power and see what happens, otherwise i guess loosen the scoop screws and see if I can adjust it a bit.

#3998 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

This would be better. I'll change the kicker power and see what happens, otherwise i guess loosen the scoop screws and see if I can adjust it a bit.

Stock kick power. 7.1 pitch

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Hmmmm, I'll need some more messing around I guess. Could be the blades.
I pulled the Interlock switch... The test still didn't seem to work, but I was tired earlier.
Well the tech alert is gone after the messing about and a power cycle. Maybe its because I've NEVER hit the tank target or... I fixed it lol

Sounds like it was the type that's triggered when a switch isn't activated for a long time so a tech can check it when they service the machine to make sure the switch isn't broken. You likely cleared it when you checked the target manually.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine hits the tank target and then about 25% it rockets SDTM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.