IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png
GTY_crack_smoker_jef_131107_16x9_1600 (resized).jpg
bttf (resized).jpg
soon.gif
PXL_20240408_232532904 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,365 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 308.
#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Curious as to why it’s a 9mm bullet? Bond used a PPK.

Yep should be 380 if I'm not mistaken.

#3552 1 year ago

Anyone having issues with the “Q” skill shot not working. Mine has all of a sudden stopped lighting when trying to do the skill shot.

#3553 1 year ago

About to join the club with a pro for my location ;

Any other issues I should be made aware of that are not in the key posts or with the drop targets not dropping ?

Thank you

#3554 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Any other issues I should be made aware of that are not in the key posts or with the drop targets not dropping ?
Thank you

Keep an eye on the aston martin VUK. It often needs its power bumped up a couple notches

#3555 1 year ago

Checked on my order for the Bond ball trap kit: "The ball trap kits are not available yet. We are waiting for our vendors to send them in to Stern. Once they are, your order will ship out to you."

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Checked on my order for the Bond ball trap kit: "The ball trap kits are not available yet. We are waiting for our vendors to send them in to Stern. Once they are, your order will ship out to you."

we’re you able to order one directly from stern?

#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Yea just call or email and you will be put on a list for them.

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Yes, this was the response from Stern.

#3559 1 year ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Hoping they add something similar to u-turn in fish tales when ball goes up henchmen and down villain ramp. Would also like to hear lots of one liner callouts from 007, Q, Villians, Henchmen, and other characters, in addition to the modes.

During the original reveal stream, Mike V mentioned they will eventually have something for a u-turn.

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Did they explain what comes in the kit? Wondering what traps they're fixing with this.

thanks
--Chris

#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished up my second James Bond mod for Pro/Prem/LE pinball machines. This mod replaces the stock slingshot plastics and features a custom-made replica 9mm bullet, a laser cut insert, and a color-changing raised scope. This mod is available in my Pinside shop located here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/07884-james-bond-slingshot-plastics-mod-pro-prem-le
An installation video can be found here: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the sling plastics, very nice. It's 10x easier to work on those flashers if you unplug them and work on a bench tho.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep should be 380 if I'm not mistaken.

Bond originally carried a .32 ACP and imagine he still does. Of course, since they are no longer in production then maybe .380 ACP is the current.

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Did they explain what comes in the kit? Wondering what traps they're fixing with this.

Gomez mentioned 2 or 3 spots on the Marco stream in early February, I believe. I don't recall what spots exactly.

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez mentioned 2 or 3 spots on the Marco stream in early February, I believe. I don't recall what spots exactly.

I found 1 last night finally, to the right of the left spinner, it hopped up and sat next to first drop target. Could not tilt it loose, had to remove glass

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

What I don’t understand is what’s the difference between this 3 bank of drop targets and the one in DP? It’s literally the same mech but I never had any issues with bricking on my DP.
The only think I can think of is that they went with a different (cheaper) supplier for springs? Cost-cutting is the only plausible reason I can think of for why it suddenly changed from DP to 007…

You guys will find a conspiracy in anything. A spring is a spring.

Sometimes shit just happens. Doesn't mean Stern is trying to screw you.

I do not have a bricking problem on my Bond. I guess I got the last batch of non-cheap springs?

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Yea just call or email and you will be put on a list for them.

every time i do that some $&@!?@ named Eddie Yates refuses to put an order in for me. Thus far, stern support has never been helpful for me.

edit: Eddie Yates at stern specifically refused to put an order in on this kit for my Bond LE i bought nib.

#3568 1 year ago

im pretty sure the kit is a couple of the pads they put behind drop targets and instructions on where to put them. gomez specified exactly where the traps are on the last stream they did

#3569 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

every time i do that some $&@!?@ named Eddie Yates refuses to put an order in for me. Thus far, stern support has never been helpful for me.
edit: Eddie Yates at stern specifically refused to put an order in on this kit for my Bond LE i bought nib.

This will help you when he reads this

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you

I would order the alt translite from Pinstein ASAP and replace the Dr No one since you're putting it on location. You'll earn much more since people will recognize Bond/007 and not Dr No... Plus the Alt version looks 100x better.

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This will help you when he reads this

i actually hope he reads this. he gives stern support a bad name. he has all my contact info if he wants to discuss his incompetency.

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

i actually hope he reads this. he gives stern support a bad name. he has all my contact info if he wants to discuss his incompetency.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I've had just the opposite with Eddie, but to be fair, haven't had any issues in 2 yrs, so things have changed I'm sure

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I didn't have any issues working with him to get a couple bad IC scanners replaced last week.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Got my first ball trap in this game, on top of the Bird One gate. I wonder if the ball trap kit they are (someday) sending out will fix this one.
[quoted image]

Quoted from christr:

thanks
--Chris

I posted about it a couple weeks ago, shortly after the Gomez/MikeV stream
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/61#post-7397040

#3576 1 year ago

As of today, I can now say I’ve watched every James Bond movie through on her Majesty’s Secret Service.

Sometime this week I will watch diamonds are forever and then I can understand the rest of the game content, and have a direct reference to it.

But holy shit, these bond movies are so tacky and cheesy with the sped up footage. Speed up a fight scene. Speed up a car just driving up to a mansion. Go nuts with Disco Volante. Watch all the people in the background walk extra fast because of it.

Looking forward to noticing when they stopped doing that.

#3577 1 year ago

Here is the game with powder match coin door, shooter housing, and speaker panel. I don’t always like powder match speaker panels but I do like it on my Bond.

FB37FB8F-F2CE-4BA9-A185-A6A4F610F921 (resized).jpegFB37FB8F-F2CE-4BA9-A185-A6A4F610F921 (resized).jpeg
#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Here is the game with powder match coin door, shooter housing, and speaker panel. I don’t always like powder match speaker panels but I do like it on my Bond.
[quoted image]

How much to do this? Did mI pinball refinery do it?

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

How much to do this? Did mI pinball refinery do it?

I had a buddy do it. Not sure what refinery would charge. I would reach out and ask. I think you will be happy.

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am of the firm belief that less is more when it comes to the "action button."
Games like POTC and Star Wars are much less fun because of their focus on using your non-existent 3rd hand to mash the action button.
My only "code" request right now is a very meager one:
WTF is up with the little baby puff "gunshot" sound during the opening gun barrel sequence. It sounds like a starter pistol! In the movies it sounds like a cannon. Seems very odd.
Please replace it with something much more over the top...should sound like a cannon or meth lab explosion.

I've never found the action button usage on potc or sw an issue. Certainly no more of an issue than using heat ray on my Godzilla.... wonder why you left that example out? Less likes perhaps? Action buttons like on b66 if done properly add so much more to gameplay such as shifting priority or multipliers ect on sw. Bring on more action button dynamics on bond I say.

#3581 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've never found the action button usage on potc or sw an issue. Certainly no more of an issue than using heat ray on my Godzilla.... wonder why you left that example out? Less likes perhaps? Action buttons like on b66 if done properly add so much more to gameplay such as shifting priority or multipliers ect on sw. Bring on more action button dynamics on bond I say.

Yes I determine the content of all of my posts based on the likes I think I’ll get because I’m an idiot. I also wasn’t aware I supposed to review the button usage on every action button ever made, I thought it was ok to just throw a couple examples.

And no, i actually I don’t think the Godzilla use is annoying like it is on potc and Star Wars. Godzilla is a good example of spare usage of the button. It’s fine with me.

Bring on the likes !

Anyway hopefully they don’t turn bond into an action button shitshow like POTC. I would not “like” that.

#3582 1 year ago

I love (like) lamp

#3583 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

It’s not available yet. What don’t you understand about that. He can’t put an order in for something that doesn’t exist.

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

[quoted image]

Got my Pro coming back powder coated Red on the weekend. Will post pictures once put back together.

#3585 1 year ago

100 plays thought I should check my balls. They are a little scraped up. Then I started inspecting the field. I noticed the biggest metal on metal strike is on this guide by the right most drop target. Not really liking the look of that. So sorry for asking not sure if it has been made a key post? But what and or where can I find rubber to fix this issue?

7D3722E8-2950-4972-9DF1-128E4E948ECE (resized).jpeg7D3722E8-2950-4972-9DF1-128E4E948ECE (resized).jpeg
#3586 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I determine the content of all of my posts based on the likes I think I’ll get because I’m an idiot. I also wasn’t aware I supposed to review the button usage on every action button ever made, I thought it was ok to just throw a couple examples.
And no, i actually I don’t think the Godzilla use is annoying like it is on potc and Star Wars. Godzilla is a good example of spare usage of the button. It’s fine with me.
Bring on the likes !
Anyway hopefully they don’t turn bond into an action button shitshow like POTC. I would not “like” that.

What’s “POTC”.

Love this game.

Like the layout as good as GZ

Like the movies/villains/henchmen and soon to be Bond girls modes.

It’s fantastic and different thanks to Gomez and team.

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

100 plays thought I should check my balls. They are a little scraped up. Then I started inspecting the field. I noticed the biggest metal on metal strike is on this guide by the right most drop target. Not really liking the look of that. So sorry for asking not sure if it has been made a key post? But what and or where can I find rubber to fix this issue?
[quoted image]

A few Pinsiders have used the following rubber edge gasket material to protect this metal edge. You need to use double sided tape and be sure to use isopropyl alcohol to clean both the metal ball guide and the inside of the rubber gasket so that the double sided tape sticks properly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDTP5YR

Gord

P1030012 (resized).JPGP1030012 (resized).JPG

#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

A few Pinsiders have used the following rubber edge gasket material to protect this metal edge. You need to use double sided tape and be sure to use isopropyl alcohol to clean both the metal ball guide and the inside of the rubber gasket so that the double sided tape sticks properly.
amazon.com link »
Gord
[quoted image]

Similar product in clear rubber instead of black:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/65#post-7401455

#3589 1 year ago

Thank you GRB1959 and Grantman

#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

amazon.com link »
Gord
[quoted image]

I got this one from Amazon and it has the sticky built in already. (the red is the peel off strips to expose the adhesive)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFBH6DJX

#3591 1 year ago

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can cut down on the glare of the artblades on the LE? You can't really see the underwater scene sticker at all. (actually my camera shows it better then it looks in real life.. lol ).

I'm thinking maybe more light below the playfield?

--Chris

20230222_235235 (resized).jpg20230222_235235 (resized).jpg
#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can cut down on the glare of the artblades on the LE? You can't really see the underwater scene sticker at all. (actually my camera shows it better then it looks in real life.. lol ).
I'm thinking maybe more light below the playfield?
--Chris
[quoted image]

I bought this lighting kit for that diver area from Lermods https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/07671-james-bond-diver-fight-flasher

Looks really cool!
DB634204-D81C-41A3-8C68-0AAF90312FFF (resized).jpegDB634204-D81C-41A3-8C68-0AAF90312FFF (resized).jpeg

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I bought this lighting kit for that diver area from Lermods https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/07671-james-bond-diver-fight-flasher
Looks really cool!
[quoted image]

Looks better for sure. Still a bunch of artblade glare, but at least you can make out everything better below.

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

It’s not available yet. What don’t you understand about that. He can’t put an order in for something that doesn’t exist.

What don’t you understand? I emailed Stern, just like that person, providing my game serial number, and was told I was not allowed to place an order for the ball fix kit Gomez told everyone to order.

The other owners on here were given ORDER NUMBERS for a future shipment of the parts once they are in stock.

Now, what don’t you understand that I can further explain?

#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I had a buddy do it. Not sure what refinery would charge. I would reach out and ask. I think you will be happy.

Get the color from prismatic? What's the name of it.? Might wanna do my coin door at some point at least.

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

What don’t you understand? I emailed Stern, just like that person, providing my game serial number, and was told I was not allowed to place an order for the ball fix kit Gomez told everyone to order.
The other owners on here were given ORDER NUMBERS for a future shipment of the parts once they are in stock.

They must have changed the plan. I was told to contact my Distro as they are set to receive the parts in bulk and then distribute.

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but stupid me, I should have documented the process when I did it.
There are 4 screws holding the target bank in, and 3 connectors (target optos, lights, reset coil). Remove those and pull the assembly out. When you unhook the springs from the target and the target assembly, you'll see there is a loop at each end of the spring to make those two connections. One end connects to the assembly (there's red paint on the Stern springs at this end) and the other end hooks to a notch in the drop target.
[quoted image]
When you cut off 20% of the spring at the target end, that end of the spring is now flat because you cut off the loop that was bent up to attach to the target notch. So you simply need to use pliers to bend the last loop at the end of the spring you just cut so that last loop is sticking up so it can be reconnected to the target notch.
[quoted image]
I was prepared to cut again if 20% didn't fix the bricking, but it turned out to be enough. The extra tension of the shortened spring is enough to drop the target just a bit faster so it can't grab the shelf again when bouncing back forward, so it falls like Alan Rickman/Hans Gruber in Die Hard, as it should.
[quoted image]
Don't forget to plug the reset coil back in or your targets won't come up. Yes, I forgot initially.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. So sick of the brick.

#3598 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I can see why they wouldn’t give you an order number….

#3599 1 year ago
41EA8C2B-E77C-40C9-B12C-1BAE94424974 (resized).png41EA8C2B-E77C-40C9-B12C-1BAE94424974 (resized).png
#3600 1 year ago

There may have been case numbers issued but not order numbers. Keep being a jerk to people. I’m sure that’s helpful getting what you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 15,365 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/72?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.