IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 301.
#3351 1 year ago

other films available as well

jb44 (resized).pngjb44 (resized).png
#3352 1 year ago

when buying above el cheapo nylon bootleg shirts please remember to order a case of speed stick as well. Those shirts breathe like a Hefty bag.

We went through this with all the pinball shirts a couple years back.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Anyone else notice this bug in 0.87 on the Prem/LE?
1. Light Bird 1 locks
2. Start Mr. Henderson (Diamonds of Destruction)
3. Lock a ball in Bird 1
When performing step 3, the game seems to lose track of the ball and enters ball search, ball search succeeds and locked ball is registered.
I believe the game should register the ball lock without needing ball search. Can someone else confirm?

I only have the Pro, so I can't check that, but do all your switches in the ball lock register in switch mode if you slowly roll a ball in one at a time? It sounds like one of them is sticking or not quite registering.

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

When you say you test it, do you mean during a game? I'm not sure if the diverter stays engaged in the test menu, I thought all those coils actuate only momentarily in the test menu.
Also, i have noticed that if no switch is hit for a few seconds, the diverter closed again as well during a game.

In the test menu. It even shows a cooldown timer when it is closed again, but its always closed. Just for a moment, it pops open but does not stay open like in my wms indiana jones.

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Gomez, you need a video mode to this game.
It's called "Domination". Cylon voice and bleep bleeps included. Use the flippers for lasers and the center button for missiles. Instant sell. Thank you.
[quoted image]

This times 10000x. Always wanted this game as a kid. Would totally rule as a video mode!

#3356 1 year ago

I’m sure most people are past the annoyance of the ball getting stuck on the inlane post (pro only I think), but I figured I would confirm our (NinjaCamp) Lane Rollover Switch protectors eliminate the problem. I have been running one on location for two weeks now and my regulars love it.

7F05B444-CC23-4E33-9C35-865C4ED0AA8C (resized).jpeg7F05B444-CC23-4E33-9C35-865C4ED0AA8C (resized).jpeg

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m sure most people are past the annoyance of the ball getting stuck on the inlane post (pro only I think), but I figured I would confirm our (NinjaCamp) Lane Rollover Switch protectors eliminate the problem. I have been running one on location for two weeks now and my regulars love it.
[quoted image]

I literally just bought a pair from you to fix this very problem. Went with black. Can’t wait!

#3358 1 year ago

I just placed Mylar on the bottom edge of the switch cutout. Worked fine and invisible.

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I wish someone made an alternative translite with all the posters from the premium/LE cabinets so they’re different than the side art on the pro but would still match artistically

PM me if interested in this one. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

other films available as well
[quoted image]

Before you blow any money, I think it is a scam site.

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

PM me if interested in this one. Thanks.[quoted image]

This looks awesome. Any pics of it in a pro?

#3362 1 year ago

I like the ball hang up on the in lane lock. The funny part is there has been a lot of mentions to have the lock last through the cut scene. It takes what, a nudge a 6 year old could perform to get the ball to move.

#3363 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Anyone else notice this bug in 0.87 on the Prem/LE?
1. Light Bird 1 locks
2. Start Mr. Henderson (Diamonds of Destruction)
3. Lock a ball in Bird 1
When performing step 3, the game seems to lose track of the ball and enters ball search, ball search succeeds and locked ball is registered.
I believe the game should register the ball lock without needing ball search. Can someone else confirm?

I noticed a similar issue but with Rosa Klebb mode, I believe. It was when I hit the left scoop. Game acted like ball was lost, then continued. I don't remember the exact sequence but I saw it happen in two different games.

#3364 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just placed Mylar on the bottom edge of the switch cutout. Worked fine and invisible.

Yeah but that wont protect the inlane from where the ball drops down directly on it unfortunately… this kills two birds with one stone.

#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah but that wont protect the inlane from where the ball drops down directly on it unfortunately… this kills two birds with one stone.

I also have mylar around the switch area where the ball drops. Just needed a little extra mylar at the very bottom of the switch cut-out to prevent the bal hang up.

#3366 1 year ago

Here are some photos of the Bond translite installed, came out great! PM if you like to order one. This is the all Connery version. Thanks.

0B041AA2-C80E-4DB5-ADBD-D4138D826A22 (resized).jpeg0B041AA2-C80E-4DB5-ADBD-D4138D826A22 (resized).jpeg12605C17-E380-45D6-A2F9-24AA04D38099 (resized).jpeg12605C17-E380-45D6-A2F9-24AA04D38099 (resized).jpegBF6632C0-463B-49FD-A135-7C17E05D62D8 (resized).jpegBF6632C0-463B-49FD-A135-7C17E05D62D8 (resized).jpegC15EA056-58D8-4416-98F5-83D8C8703009 (resized).jpegC15EA056-58D8-4416-98F5-83D8C8703009 (resized).jpeg
#3367 1 year ago

needs more Bonds, i can't tell what game its supposed to be

#3368 1 year ago

This is the Connery/Moore version. Thanks.

68B4B5C5-3E5F-4E4E-BB15-EBBF2C48DE45 (resized).jpeg68B4B5C5-3E5F-4E4E-BB15-EBBF2C48DE45 (resized).jpegBDF4FD10-3A66-4718-A952-6EAA5530C8B6 (resized).jpegBDF4FD10-3A66-4718-A952-6EAA5530C8B6 (resized).jpeg

5C8F9CC7-0EA6-4C91-9E44-85201E5A69BE (resized).jpeg5C8F9CC7-0EA6-4C91-9E44-85201E5A69BE (resized).jpeg
#3369 1 year ago

doesn't the content of the game end with the Connery Bonds

it's like wedging running up that hill or metallica into stranger things, it doesnt fit right to me

#3370 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here are some photos of the Bond translite installed, came out great! PM if you like to order one. This is the all Connery version. Thanks.

That looks super cool!

One humble suggestion, and please excuse the quick and dirty paint job LOL... but that big old gun is begging to break the plane of the circles to get a bit of a dimensional effect.

asdfasdfasdf copy (resized).jpgasdfasdfasdf copy (resized).jpg
#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I literally just bought a pair from you to fix this very problem. Went with black. Can’t wait!

Amazing! TY so much! I wish I had more time for further innovations on this pin. Clearly it needs like 3 custom designed protectors/guides. If everyone on Pinside would kindly send me $100, perhaps I could just quit my day job .

Quoted from PoMC:

This totally works. I think some of us like a more "finished" solution to these little issues hence where the product comes in, but I wouldn't say that our solution is any "better" for this particular purpose.

#3372 1 year ago

Bond 60th gets 1.03 code today everyone else gets to kick rocks

#3373 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Bond 60th gets 1.03 code today everyone else gets to kick rocks

We get video clips, ramps, and the satisfaction that we only overpaid by a couple of thousand.

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

We get video clips and ramps.

is it great ? or Meh

#3375 1 year ago

Glad I didn’t get the 60th at 20k plus shipping when selling for 18500 and not moving. Learned my lesson with Elvira 40th. Prob lost $6k on that deal.

#3376 1 year ago

Nobody has a 60th and it got a code update.

#3377 1 year ago

It looks like Bond LE has enough ratings to have a Top 100 list position starting next week, somewhere in the top 20 if my calculation is correct. It seems kind of pointless to post all those ratings when the code is not finished but I guess that's how it works these days. Some of the comments even say "code needs a lot of work." So why are you even rating it when you know it's not done?

While I'm having more fun with this game after the latest code updates (and some tweaks to the difficulty level of the game), I still think it's way too early to rate it (except for superficial things like artwork).

#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from paradisedistro:

Does anyone know a good place to purchase this alternate translite? I have looked all over the place and cant find any. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
[quoted image]

Red Grant looks kind of like mike pence.

#3379 1 year ago

Played Rush at last years Louisville snow and fell in love, so much fun. Bought one, bored to tears playing it at home, which is odd since I always enjoy games more at home.

Anyways, ended up trading for Bond and wow. This game is a fun motherfucker to shoot. Haven’t bothered trying to learn what is or isn’t in the code yet, but can say I’m genuinely enjoying flipping this one way more than Rush.

The car needs little led headlights is my only complaint.

#3380 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It looks like Bond LE has enough ratings to have a Top 100 list position starting next week, somewhere in the top 20 if my calculation is correct. It seems kind of pointless to post all those ratings when the code is not finished but I guess that's how it works these days. Some of the comments even say "code needs a lot of work." So why are you even rating it when you know it's not done?
While I'm having more fun with this game after the latest code updates (and some tweaks to the difficulty level of the game), I still think it's way too early to rate it (except for superficial things like artwork).

What difficulty / adjustment changes did you make?

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

What difficulty / adjustment changes did you make?

See this link. I also made it a little easier to get an extra ball. I don't remember the settings but they are in the game/feature adjustments. Also, for the settings that award a credit, I change it to extra ball if that is an option.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/63#post-7399216

#3382 1 year ago

One thing that I wish they would change for the Prem/LE is the auto-plunge after locking a ball in Bird 1. To keep it similar to the pro, the controlled gate should open to allow the auto-plunge to traverse the full orbit to feed the upper flipper (obviously, the pro feeds the upper flipper after a virtual ball lock). I can hardly stand it that the ball is trapped in the pops after locking a ball.

It does seem a bit backwards that the Prem/LE games should be more like the pro (ball lock issue, individual firing pops). Yikes.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

One thing that I wish they would change for the Prem/LE is the auto-plunge after locking a ball in Bird 1. To keep it similar to the pro, the controlled gate should open to allow the auto-plunge to traverse the full orbit to feed the upper flipper (obviously, the pro feeds the upper flipper after a virtual ball lock). I can hardly stand it that the ball is trapped in the pops after locking a ball.
It does seem a bit backwards that the Prem/LE games should be more like the pro (ball lock issue, individual firing pops). Yikes.

That’s a good idea, or let you hold the left flipper to give you the option of pops or upper flipper. I hate when lock is lit because it’s harder to feed that upper flipper

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

I with they would remove the auto plunge on locks. GZ doesn't auto plunge on ball lock. Gives you a nice catch your breath or sip a beer moment before continuing.

#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I with they would remove the auto plunge on locks. GZ doesn't auto plunge on ball lock. Gives you a nice catch your breath or sip a beer moment before continuing.

It's early, give it time

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Same with Rush. Even sets you up for another stab at the skill shot.

#3387 1 year ago

Had an air ball from the rocket land up in the lock. It spit it right out. Couldn't give me free sneaky lock? Sheesh....

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Had an air ball from the rocket land up in the lock. It spit it right out. Couldn't give me free sneaky lock? Sheesh....

That happened to me once too. Given the code I wasn't sure what it would do. Nice to see that it's handled.

#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

That’s a good idea, or let you hold the left flipper to give you the option of pops or upper flipper. I hate when lock is lit because it’s harder to feed that upper flipper

I actually hope at some point they code the option to turn off the physical lock entirely and run it just like the pro. I genuinely dig the no-stop lock on the pro. There is a "virtual ball lock" setting, but it just makes it spit the ball out immediately after lock rather than stacking them up. You might try it, does make it easier to feed the upper flipper when lock is lit, but I'd rather the speed of the pro. I hope they do something cool with the jet pack eventually, but at the moment I genuinely prefer gameplay on the pro.

LE sure is pretty though

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I actually hope at some point they code the option to turn off the physical lock entirely and run it just like the pro. I genuinely dig the no-stop lock on the pro. There is a "virtual ball lock" setting, but it just makes it spit the ball out immediately after lock rather than stacking them up. You might try it, does make it easier to feed the upper flipper when lock is lit, but I'd rather the speed of the pro. I hope they do something cool with the jet pack eventually, but at the moment I genuinely prefer gameplay on the pro.
LE sure is pretty though

I have a pro and would prefer the ball stopped for the locks, so you could watch the cool animations.

The ball needs to stop a little more in this game.

Grass is always greener!

#3391 1 year ago

Has everybody put the edge trim rubber around the problem areas on your machines? Just curious if everyone is having the same issues and has done this.

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

LE sure is pretty though

Pretty sure I saw an option in the settings to disable the diverter. Likely achieves what you are looking for.
I usually keep the THING hand off on Addams Family, similar concept.

#3393 1 year ago
Quoted from Letsgofishing40:

Has everybody put the edge trim rubber around the problem areas on your machines? Just curious if everyone is having the same issues and has done this.

I have not. I have replaced the balls after around 100 games, I figure after that many games the sharp edges of any metal edges have been smoothed by the balls. Last time I had the balls out, I didn't notice any scratches or scuffs on them (around 600 games). Perhaps I'll revisit the issue at a later date if I start to see ball wear.

#3394 1 year ago

I did it just at the Henchman ramp. It's not unreasonable to think I'm getting worse at pinball but it feels like I am experiencing much more bounce or rattle outs. Going to remove it and see what happens.

#3395 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

I did it just at the Henchman ramp. It's not unreasonable to think I'm getting worse at pinball but it feels like I am experiencing much more bounce or rattle outs. Going to remove it and see what happens.

I honestly feel like it's a bit easier to hit with the rubber on the henchman ramp, but it's probably in my head. Definitely not any harder on mine at least. Check your flipper angle - it's much easier to hit if that flipper is cocked back a bit further than some of them came from the factory. Several photos earlier in the thread.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Pretty sure I saw an option in the settings to disable the diverter. Likely achieves what you are looking for.
I usually keep the THING hand off on Addams Family, similar concept.

Cool, will look for that tonight.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a pro and would prefer the ball stopped for the locks, so you could watch the cool animations.
The ball needs to stop a little more in this game.
Grass is always greener!

Heh, after 100 games or so I just want it to shut up a bit and keep moving I'm guessing they'll open it up to post-lock skill shots like most newer games as the code progresses though; that I like, one of my favorite things about GZ and Rush.

#3397 1 year ago

I did install it on 4 locations around Henchman ramp area. I've had zero issues with gameplay and I realized just how often the ball smacks the outside rail of Henchmen ramp apparatus. Since rubber is there, I have no worries on ball damage from contact. I'm not the greatest player, but my scoring isn't getting worse with the addition. But I must stress, I am not a great player. If nothing else, I feel better about having the trim installed.

#3398 1 year ago

I tell you what, Bond Pro is addictive as hell to me. The shots are fun, they flow logically and smoothly into combos and the spinner rip is fantastic (I added a drop of Super Lube on each side). The left side diving shot area and up-the-playfield-kicker seems like a fresh use of that playfield area. The car VUK is very satisfying to hit and a nice upgrade over just a scoop.

I also enjoy shooting the rocket area and like that the drop targets are way back up there instead of closer to the flippers. What can be said about the left orbit ramp shot other than, that's what I like about pinball?

I need to move a game out due to space needs and Avengers is likely going. Bond Pro? Not even a consideration.

This from a guy who never watched any Connery Bond movies (nor many others) and don't care at all about the theme. But it's right next to Baywatch, which I can say the same things about. But fun pinball is fun pinball and this has it.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I actually hope at some point they code the option to turn off the physical lock entirely and run it just like the pro. I genuinely dig the no-stop lock on the pro. There is a "virtual ball lock" setting, but it just makes it spit the ball out immediately after lock rather than stacking them up.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As with anything pinball, you'll probably find debate here too. Personally, I hate virtual locks -- pinball is a physical game, and when you lock a ball, you've altered the physical configuration of the game -- especially im games where locking a ball changes where the next one(s) can go!
You get that little dopamine hit from accomplishing a minor goal, because the ball stops and the game pauses. Then you get a momentary break in the action to take a breather, and sometimes even get a choice of where/how you launch the next ball! And the most rewarding -- seeing all those balls you locked get released, especially when it's done in creative fashion, or when they get released from various spots on the pf where they were locked. You get none of these things from virtual locks, save for a few modern examples where it "sets up" a multiball start (e.g. TMNT, GZ).

For Bond, I do find the little curly ramp and physical lock satisfying -- I get to watch it do something cool and I get to see it stored there. Then I get the fun of it dumping each one out when I start multiball!

Yes sir, physical locks all the way, for me.

#3400 1 year ago

Final version really to launch of Bird One Tower for the PRO, should have a pre-sale in the shop by Monday

In Action video can be seen here

https://fb.watch/iKCeY7jODB/

Screenshot_20230216_210258_PowerDirector (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_210258_PowerDirector (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
14,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/68?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.