James-Bond-Sean-Connery-Art-by-Peter-Engels-05-scaled (resized).jpg
IMG_4662 (resized).jpeg
Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 310.
#3251 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3252 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Roger Moore went to the moon not Sean Connery.

This point I agree with you on. Remove the Moon buggy immediately.

#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Diamonds Are Forever - Sean Connery

16DA15AA-607B-4535-9993-A514F8B57A79 (resized).jpeg16DA15AA-607B-4535-9993-A514F8B57A79 (resized).jpeg

#3254 1 year ago
#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

This point I agree with you on. Remove the Moon buggy immediately.

D9009E37-F59F-40B5-A012-3A9D776FD43B (resized).jpegD9009E37-F59F-40B5-A012-3A9D776FD43B (resized).jpegB9C7E86C-8D60-4A01-8AA6-BCA2EDD23553 (resized).jpegB9C7E86C-8D60-4A01-8AA6-BCA2EDD23553 (resized).jpeg

#3256 1 year ago

Diamonds my least favorite Connery Bond movie. Forgot about that scene. Still……unnecessary. Lol!

#3257 1 year ago

But to each his own. Enjoy the pin. It’s going to be top 10 someday I feel.

#3258 1 year ago

phew...moon buggy-gate was going to be too much to bear. Glad we got that squared away.

#3259 1 year ago

Also, I hate to be a stickler, but Roger Moore certainly never "went to the moon."

Has anybody around here ever actually watched these fuckin' movies?!

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also, I hate to be a stickler, but Roger Moore certainly never "went to the moon."

They are getting confused with Dr Evils moonbase laser!

#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

working my way through the films waiting for the sixtieth. The Spy Who Loved Me is actually really good, the best one of the bunch so far

#3262 1 year ago

Well, I guess I need to rewatch Diamonds Are Forever. Lol

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

working my way through the films waiting for the sixtieth. The Spy Who Loved Me is actually really good, the best one of the bunch so far

It's the best Roger Moore film for sure. It's definitely in my top 5.

You are in for a real treat with the next one. Imagine the Spy Who Loved me but with all the goofiest stuff cranked up to 11. It's amazingly stupid and over the top but not without entertainment value.

#3264 1 year ago

The scenes with the buggy in diamonds with the mini 3 wheelers chasing him is worth the watch.

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Well, I guess I need to rewatch Diamonds Are Forever. Lol

You should. It gets hate from some, but I actually think Diamonds Are Forever is pretty good. I think it’s a lot more watchable than Dr. No, that’s for sure.

#3266 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You should. It gets hate from some, but I actually think Diamonds Are Forever is pretty good. I think it’s a lot more watchable than Dr. No, that’s for sure.

the thing about DAF is that it's so painfully obvious that they just had no budget to spend

#3267 1 year ago

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:the thing about DAF is that it's so painfully obvious that they just had no budget to spend

Yeah its a cheap-looking movie. I guess they paid Connery too much money to return so they had to skimp on everything else. Including the worst, most camp Blofeld in history.

#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

While bedding women is frequently a component of a Bond movie, I wouldn't characterize them like this.

#3270 1 year ago

Enjoying this game so far, love the shots!

Having an odd issue with my right flipper button though. With playfield up, everything works as it should, then when I lower the playfield the button doesnt work. Assuming a loose wire, but anyone seen this?

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Enjoying this game so far, love the shots!
Having an odd issue with my right flipper button though. With playfield up, everything works as it should, then when I lower the playfield the button doesnt work. Assuming a loose wire, but anyone seen this?

Is something physically blocking the button from pressing the switch? Take a picture of the flipper switch area inside the cabinet (opposite side of the cabinet wall from the button) when the playfield is down. Press the flipper while watching the switch.

Also with the playfield up, watch the switch blades while you press the button. are they barely making contact? If so, bend the blades inward so they make contact more quickly and firmly when the button is pressed.

#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Police on the moon pulling over and giving a speeding ticket to Sean Connery in his moon buggy.

190827-moon-buggy-sean-connery-daf (resized).jpg190827-moon-buggy-sean-connery-daf (resized).jpg
#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is something physically blocking the button from pressing the switch? Take a picture of the flipper switch area inside the cabinet (opposite side of the cabinet wall from the button) when the playfield is down. Press the flipper while watching the switch.
Also with the playfield up, watch the switch blades while you press the button. are they barely making contact? If so, bend the blades inward so they make contact more quickly and firmly when the button is pressed.

Appreciate ya pinmonk. All looked normal around the button, so ultimately i just traced the wire back and unplugged / plugged in all i could find. I assume there was a loose connection in one of the plugs you disconnect in the event you wish to remove the entire playfield, and all seems to be working now.

#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Police on the moon pulling over and giving a speeding ticket to Sean Connery in his moon buggy. [quoted image]

It was a film set in Nevada. How dare you accuse bond of such silliness!

#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It was a film set in Nevada. How dare you accuse bond of such silliness!

Maybe it was the same one NASA used a few years earlier.

Then maybe they redressed again a few years later to be Mars for Capricorn One.

#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are in for a real treat with the next one. Imagine the Spy Who Loved me but with all the goofiest stuff cranked up to 11. It's amazingly stupid and over the top but not without entertainment value.

I dunno, couldn't handle Moonraker when I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in years, but remember thinking it was terrible. Thought to myself: "Self, it couldn't have been that bad". It was.

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe it was the same one NASA used a few years earlier.
Then maybe they redressed again a few years later to be Mars for Capricorn One.

Earth's flat too, don't forget!

#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Diamonds my least favorite Connery Bond movie. Forgot about that scene. Still……unnecessary. Lol!

Just watched You Only Live Twice the other night. It's difficult to comprehend how Connery's next was Diamonds.

But at least they came back in high fasion with Live and Let Die.

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I dunno, couldn't handle Moonraker when I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in years, but remember thinking it was terrible. Thought to myself: "Self, it couldn't have been that bad". It was.

Moonraker is great. You have to remember when it was made.

The first 70% of the film is great at least.

#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Moonraker is great. You have to remember when it was made.
The first 70% of the film is great at least.

Yeah Moonraker is great. The space scene with astronauts and lasers could have been a movie itself. I mean for such a far fetch 007 story Roger Moore pulled it off to his credit. He got dealt some dussies and still kept them classic. Live and let die with sheriff pepper! Yowzers.

#3281 1 year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see video proof of Spock sledge hammering his machine

#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see video proof of Spock sledge hammering his machine

FCC4FEBD-C392-4F85-A959-179303CC3658.gifFCC4FEBD-C392-4F85-A959-179303CC3658.gif
#3283 1 year ago
#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]

Well that’s good news!

#3285 1 year ago

I got a decent number of games on the new code this weekend. Huge improvement! Still a long ways to go though, and I am still not absolutely loving this game although its FAR from Stern's worst even in its current state lol. Looking forward to what happens in the next update and how this game rounds together

#3286 1 year ago

So I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but here’s something I haven’t seen yet.

I was playing Q branch mode (Q ring, of course) and I’ve made it my mission to interrupt that grating dialog as soon as possible, so I got jetpack multiball going before Q or Tiffany Case could utter a single word.

After jetpack is finished, the Q ring dialog begins as normal “Hiya Mr. Q, you having any luck?”

To my surprise, Q responds “No unfortunately not”…

Have any of you heard that variation before?

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but here’s something I haven’t seen yet.
I was playing Q branch mode (Q ring, of course) and I’ve made it my mission to interrupt that grating dialog as soon as possible, so I got jetpack multiball going before Q or Tiffany Case could utter a single word.
After jetpack is finished, the Q ring dialog begins as normal “Hiya Mr. Q, you having any luck?”

No, unfortunately not,,, yet

#3288 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

There are enough good scenes from each movie for Lonnie and Stern to put more than one scene per mode insert, would keep the game fresh for longer and add to the replay ability.

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]

It's good that more music is coming but it's obviously not going to be from Roger Moore movies!

#3290 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’ve used double-sided tape on all of these installs. Be sure to clean both the rubber and the metal surfaces with rubbing alcohol (NOT a Vodka Martini) before attaching the tape.

What type of double sided tape did you use? I cannot get the double sided tape to stick to the rubber pad (gasket).

I have various types of double sided tape (Gorilla tape, Alien tape, Scotch tape) and none of them will stick to the rubber pad. The Alien tape and Gorilla tape are thicker than the Scotch tape so I am not crazy about either one of those.

I like the rubber pad (gasket) that you recommended as it is form fitting on the ball guide edges, but after playing a few games it likes to come loose from the ball guide.

Gord

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

What type of double sided tape did you use? I cannot get the double sided tape to stick to the rubber pad (gasket).
I have various types of double sided tape (Gorilla tape, Alien tape, Scotch tape) and none of them will stick to the rubber pad. The Alien tape and Gorilla tape are thicker than the Scotch tape so I am not crazy about either one of those.
I like the rubber pad (gasket) that you recommended as it is form fitting on the ball guide edges, but after playing a few games it likes to come loose from the ball guide.
Gord

Be sure to clean the inside of the rubber gasket carefully with alcohol and let it dry before applying the tape.

#3292 1 year ago

Anyone that ran a launch party receive their IC kit yet?

#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

If cleaning the rubber with iso alcohol (like crwjumper stated) doesn't work, then a little heat from a hair dryer will help the glue stick better.

#3294 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

nope

#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Double nope.

#3296 1 year ago

Triple nope. I reached out to Michael Grant who originally sent the e-mail and 12 days ago he said my kit was "shipping out soon".

#3297 1 year ago

I think the mode ended and gave me credit for completing "Deadly Dagger" after only hitting one red arrow shot (I have the IC achievement). Has anyone else seen this? I'm on 0.87 code.

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think the mode ended and gave me credit for completing "Deadly Dagger" after only hitting one red arrow shot (I have the IC achievement). Has anyone else seen this? I'm on 0.87 code.

I remember finishing something in one shot and I have that achievement too. It’s a Spector weapon hurry up so maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be. Funny thing is it says 0% of people on IC have completed it though we both have.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are enough good scenes from each movie for Lonnie and Stern to put more than one scene per mode insert, would keep the game fresh for longer and add to the replay ability.

There's plenty of headroom. Bond is only about half as big as Stern's biggest code package at the moment, even with all the unused stuff it already has in there.

#3300 1 year ago

Anyone having problems with the drop targets not falling? Whats the fix

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 23.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.