IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 314.
#3201 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not sure if this is a "thing to fix" myself or if it will get fixed with code updates but I have a Premium and whenever I start the Jetpack Multiball, the Bond on a Wand picks up the ball and hovers over the upper lane (that feeds into the ball locks). It does NOT hover over the dragon tank, so whenever I hit that area, the MB stats but the ball is not falling on top of the tank. Is that supposed to be happening from now or will that be coded in later?

That is the current implementation. More is coming as stated a few times by GG and crew.

#3202 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not sure if this is a "thing to fix" myself or if it will get fixed with code updates but I have a Premium and whenever I start the Jetpack Multiball, the Bond on a Wand picks up the ball and hovers over the upper lane (that feeds into the ball locks). It does NOT hover over the dragon tank, so whenever I hit that area, the MB starts but the ball is not falling on top of the tank. Is that supposed to be happening from now or will that be coded in later?

Mine hovers over the tank target, a little movement back and forth while waiting for you to make the center lane shot. Maybe try the Jetpack Calibration in settings and see if it helps?

#3203 1 year ago

I inspected the pinballs after about 170 games and they were scratched up so I put some edge protectors on the areas discussed earlier in this thread. I used this clear U-shaped rubber trim with the adhesive strip already on there (the non-adhesive version did not stay in place):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK948X2S

IMG_1327 (resized).jpegIMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
#3204 1 year ago

I was playing at 1:30am and suddenly the game crashed, reboot and when I was loosing hope about the pinball status, the “Game code update” screen came out. Such a relief ‍

I read so many people complaining about reboots and system crashing that I was already on my knees screaming out loud WHYYYYY???? D312F098-DB80-4715-BAFC-F1F830B3EDF3 (resized).jpegD312F098-DB80-4715-BAFC-F1F830B3EDF3 (resized).jpeg

#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I was playing at 1:30am and suddenly the game crashed, reboot and when I was loosing hope about the pinball status, the “Game code update” screen came out. Such a relief ‍
I read so many people complaining about reboots and system crashing that I was already on my knees screaming out loud WHYYYYY???? [quoted image]

It's really dumb the way Stern does this. Why not wait until the machine isn't being used, or put a message overlay on the screen when the game isn't running that says "UPDATE AVAILABLE" and let the user initiate it on the system menu? JJP wouldn't reboot WoZ when it had the lockups while the machine is in use. Ditto Stern on the "maintenance reboots" for Iron Maiden. They should make this process MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT. It's not hard.

#3206 1 year ago

I want to mount the Moon Buggy here but I don’t know how. Any idea someone? The hole and screw beneath it is too small to fit in the existent screw that already exist on that part of the playfield. Any suggestions? I’m all ears!
45149DBA-FA0A-4621-A8EE-3D42BD1A791F (resized).jpeg45149DBA-FA0A-4621-A8EE-3D42BD1A791F (resized).jpeg9440BA90-5453-46AC-8C64-CD401060EFC3 (resized).jpeg9440BA90-5453-46AC-8C64-CD401060EFC3 (resized).jpeg

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Few mods today, pinwoofer and speaker lights tmrw.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My friend where did you buy those orange screw for the legs of your LE? They look amazing!

#3208 1 year ago

My friend where did you buy those orange screw for the legs of your LE? They look amazing!

Are you talking about the orange nylon washers to protect the leg from the bolt so the surface around the bolt hole doesn't get chewed up from the bolt being tightened?

If so, the nylon washers are here in many colors, including orange:
https://pinmonk.com/products/leg-bolt-protective-nylon-washer-set

And also in the pinside store here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05462-leg-bolt-protective-nylon-washer-set

#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about the orange nylon washers to protect the leg from the bolt so it doesn't get cut up from the bolt being tightened?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05462-leg-bolt-protective-nylon-washer-set

Aqua also looks really good with the LE.

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's really dumb the way Stern does this. Why not wait until the machine isn't being used, or put a message overlay on the screen when the game isn't running that says "UPDATE AVAILABLE" and let the user initiate it on the system menu? JJP wouldn't reboot WoZ when it had the lockups while the machine is in use. Ditto Stern on the "maintenance reboots" for Iron Maiden. They should make this process MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT. It's not hard.

My game won't update the code during gameplay. A specific message is displayed to advise of that fact.

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Aqua also looks really good with the LE.

Yeah, I had Zeppelin LE in mind for aqualicious, but either that or orange look good on Bond LE. The aqualicious ties in with the cab and the orange ties in with the t-molding.

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My game won't update the code during gameplay. A specific message is displayed to advise of that fact.

So maybe the game reseting is a game bug in and of itself and when the game restarts it installs the code that was downloaded already waiting for the next reboot and the two are not related.

#3213 1 year ago

I wonder if Connery speech is having to go to his estate for approval and adding further delays, there really isn’t much of Connery so far.

#3214 1 year ago

New code is still trash. Game sucks.

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Leave the club thread.. Easy.

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

You must be patient Spock. The code will be done in a few years. Take the Enterprise through a time portal to 2025.... You will see.

#3217 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You must be patient Spock. The code will be done in a few years. Take the Enterprise through a time portal to 2025.... You will see.

Given Lonnie's prior track record, it should be done in late summer or fall of this year. Should start coming together by May.

#3218 1 year ago

This is Sterns worst and George Gomez worst. This game would be great inside a campfire.

#3219 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

This is Sterns worst and George Gomez worst. This game would be great inside a campfire.

You need more experience with both, apparently.

Gomez's worst is Batman:TDK or maybe Transformers. Bond's table design is actually pretty cool for a radically different-than-usual layout. This isn't a Borg rehash or mirror.

And there are Sterns with MUCH worse code at this point and even finished Sterns that suck more.

Yeah, the code is still very bare bones, but EVERYONE knew what they were signing up for with this pin, and to say anything regarding the code before about May is just too early to be valid. The game's nowhere close to done. Probably a bit over halfway at this point, just a bunch of assets with little balance and no polish at all.

#3220 1 year ago

If the game is not ready by November, I will destroy it with a sedge hammer.

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Well, that would be illogical.

Selling it now and moving on to another game and coming back to Bond when it’s complete would be the logical option here, will save you a tonne of stress too.

#3222 1 year ago

no. its just logical. I bought a crappy game. I can destroy it.

#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Not slice it in half with a laser beam?

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Best advice with a new pin, if your buying blind at release then your buying it for what it is at the time not what you want it to be.

Plenty of people I know holding out on buying Bond until the code is complete and they can see how it ends up.

#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m sorry as it’s Lonnie. Name a great coded Lonnie as lead game? IM and Tron are Lyman and Lonnie.

A better comparison would be MXV + Lonnie. Stranger Things is an example of this and has solid code.

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

I don’t think this is the real Spock

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I wonder if Connery speech is having to go to his estate for approval and adding further delays, there really isn’t much of Connery so far.

Pinball Browser is your friend Likely a lot of people will add Connery lines from the various movies once the code is close to final. Assuming it doesn't get added by Stern at some point. There are probably a few lines that won't make the cut as likely taboo these days.

#3228 1 year ago

Got my Pro on Friday night. Love the way it shoots, kinetically sound in my book. Can’t wait until they finish the code, has great potential. This game code state reminds me of my day 1 NIB Tron when I got it. I don’t mind going for the code revision ride.

First Spike game for me, very impressed with the system.

#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Got my Pro on Friday night. Love the way it shoots, kinetically sound in my book. Can’t wait until they finish the code, has great potential. This game code state reminds me of my day 1 NIB Tron when I got it. I don’t mind going for the code revision ride.
First Spike game for me, very impressed with the system.

I've been on the long road of code with Spooky HWN, so nothing new doing it with our Bond pro. I have to laugh though, Stern is a giant machine spitting out pins.. I get Spooky having undeveloped code, but the from a company like Stern it's really inexcusable. We like it so far.. sooooo much potential. It will hold a spot until I see what Venom has to offer. Waiting on the next round of MMr too. Maybe by the time the others are released, Bond will be a keeper for a while.

#3230 1 year ago

Why isn't there a mode called "Operation Grandslam"? Riddle me this.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Isn’t that a breakfast at IHOP or Denny’s?

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Please post this destruction!

#3233 1 year ago

Pinmonk

#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

So The Rolling Stones, big juicy melons, and about 10 other pins made since 2005 will rate higher than Bond when the code is finished? Right..

What has changed? Stranger things, Batman, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, all were trashed when they came out.

I remember my first pin.

#3235 1 year ago

#3236 1 year ago

My jetpack Bond still drops the ball immediately after pickup.

#3237 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Absolutely criminal Stern didn’t think about this. I’m not sure if it’s the license holder or just a lack of imagination from Stern but some of the scene choices don’t make much sense either.

#3238 1 year ago

#3239 1 year ago

What’s the deal with the . Posts??

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

What’s the deal with the . Posts??

Someone had already suggested , so I deleted. Sorry

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Someone had already suggested , so I deleted. Sorry

Ah. I see. So it’s an edit to a post. I thought it had some other meaning.

#3243 1 year ago

Gomez, you need a video mode to this game.
It's called "Domination". Cylon voice and bleep bleeps included. Use the flippers for lasers and the center button for missiles. Instant sell. Thank you.

SmartSelect_20230212-120535_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230212-120535_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Gomez, you need a video mode to this game.
It's called "Domination". Cylon voice and bleep bleeps included. Use the flippers for lasers and the center button for missiles. Instant sell. Thank you.
[quoted image]

I like the idea would be cool. However that’s from never say never so highly doubtful it will make it in.

#3245 1 year ago

#3246 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about the orange nylon washers to protect the leg from the bolt so the surface around the bolt hole doesn't get chewed up from the bolt being tightened?

Yes!! Those are the ones! Awesome thanks my friend! I’m buying them right away They looked so nice on the machine!

#3248 1 year ago

I placed my Bond figurine from modfather in front of the upgraded Rocket from Mezel Mods and looks so so good! Plus it’s aligned with the Bond art with the same pose on the playfield. Really cool! Outstanding work with the figurine btw it’s really well detailed! And the Rocket it’s just AMAZING! Big BIG improvement on the playfield atmosphere. Kudos for both of them
C120CD5D-55E8-4E54-AC2D-BA854163B75C (resized).jpegC120CD5D-55E8-4E54-AC2D-BA854163B75C (resized).jpeg57842F48-8849-4BBC-8E65-D71288E9AF95 (resized).jpeg57842F48-8849-4BBC-8E65-D71288E9AF95 (resized).jpeg5F2595B9-8B0F-4D6D-A4C9-089B5F22507D (resized).jpeg5F2595B9-8B0F-4D6D-A4C9-089B5F22507D (resized).jpeg

#3249 1 year ago

Also managed to assemble the Moon Buggy behind the Dragon Tank using the OG hole that comes with it. Loved it! Looks amazing and from the perspective of the playfield looks “far away” on scale with the other toys from the player’s POV
1B807A06-44BC-4DC4-B236-A425AC46B5E3 (resized).jpeg1B807A06-44BC-4DC4-B236-A425AC46B5E3 (resized).jpeg6B2B42DE-18E4-454E-A7C5-63F12843DA70 (resized).jpeg6B2B42DE-18E4-454E-A7C5-63F12843DA70 (resized).jpeg9DA19A72-62A2-4CD2-89D9-821BE323ABB5 (resized).jpeg9DA19A72-62A2-4CD2-89D9-821BE323ABB5 (resized).jpeg

#3250 1 year ago

Roger Moore went to the moon not Sean Connery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,500 (Firm)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.