Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 310.
#3151 1 year ago

Fixes, now let’s get to more modes.

#3152 1 year ago

Could someone please tell me what lights the film lights? for the life of me they just seem to light at random!

#3153 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Should be getting my new translites in for testing next week![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Probably best to keep these low pro since Stern is notorious for shutting stuff like this down.

#3154 1 year ago

Does the lockdown bar button do anything yet? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine flash.

I checked it in switch test and in the lamp test, so I know it works.

#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does the lockdown bar button do anything yet? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine flash.

It will start a game and launch a ball

#3156 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

It will start a game and launch a ball

I hit it when my ball is draining.......for no reason

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Could someone please tell me what lights the film lights? for the life of me they just seem to light at random!

They mean nothing at this point. Code is still very basic @ .87. Until code gets to 1.0 I would expect much from the machine. I'm not even updating mine or playing it until we get to 1.0.

#3158 1 year ago

Anyone else having Wi-Fi connection issues? Mine rarely connects on its own and fights me if I try to manually connect. It shows it has good signal to the network when I go into settings but still won’t connect. I’ve tried resetting the dongle, switching ports, moving the router but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Anyone else having Wi-Fi connection issues? Mine rarely connects on its own and fights me if I try to manually connect. It shows it has good signal to the network when I go into settings but still won’t connect. I’ve tried resetting the dongle, switching ports, moving the router but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

I've had 2 instances where I just bought a new wifi dongle and it fixed crappy connection issues like you described. I think the ones Stern provides are just not great.

#3160 1 year ago

.87 was released. It probably fixes the crashing bug.

#3161 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

They did not register last night after the update, but today has been a different story.

Interesting. Wasn't working for me as of 10:00pm last night when we turned the machine off. I updated to 0.87 this morning when I started it up and now it's registering Achievements as expected. Wonder if my machine just booted up funky with 0.86 or if ther was a fix in 0.87? In any case, the Achievements are now registering, which is fun.

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I’m fairly certain in the last Marco stream Gomez said if you get all the Bond girls the button flashes and you get 007 playfield multiplier or you can use it before for a lesser multiplier. I’ll have to go back and watch.

#3163 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m fairly certain in the last Marco stream Gomez said if you get all the Bond girls the button flashes and you get 007 playfield multiplier or you can use it before for a lesser multiplier. I’ll have to go back and watch.

Ahh! I remembered him saying you could choose when to use the multiplier but didn't recall the part about using the action button. Also, I think he said that multiplier goes away when the ball ends, even if you don't use it.

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Sounded like you could use the multiplier whenever (with the action button); however, if you have all 6 you get the 007 multiplier. They discussed creating the risk/reward benefit on one of the streams. As of now, I haven't been able to tell if you get any bonus from the Bond women multiplier...

#3165 1 year ago

Bond women X does nothing now
Eventually the button will activate playfield X scoring

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Anybody notice if there's a jetpack magnet adjustment in the settings? Jetpack seems to have a much lower consistency on picking up the ball since the code update. I think he's successfully held onto it once out of maybe 10 activations? Anybody else seeing this with 0.86?

Interesting, my Jetpack Bond is 5/5 so far on reliably picking up and holding the ball with 0.87. It was much, much worse on 0.86. Maybe there are a couple fixes that weren't called out on the update notes. Between this correction (back to pre-0.86 kind of performance) and the Achievement thing, it sorta looks like it.

#3167 1 year ago

I really hope they fix the lack of randomness in regards to Q branch modes.

Literally 9+ times out of 10, it’s Tiffany Case, reciting the most uninteresting piece of dialog in the entire James Bond franchise. Like, why don’t they just cut it off at “heya Mr Q, you having any luck?” “I’m being somewhat successful, thank you”… that’s it, please god no more! Maybe “that’s unbelievable!” When you get a few shots like they have it, but the pointless dialog about going to jail? WHY??

I wouldn’t hate it so much, if it was at least 50/50 with radioactive reconnaissance. I dread seeing that damn Q insert lit as blue.

Please.
For the love of god.
A simple line of code that ensures actual ~50/50 randomness between Q modes. That would be lovely.

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Yes, the StarTech one that came with mine was crap. Even extending it outside of the backbox with usb extension cable didn't help. I replaced it with a spare TP-Link adapter I had and the connection is now solid. There's a list in the IC thread of all the adapters that work.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Interesting. Wasn't working for me as of 10:00pm last night when we turned the machine off. I updated to 0.87 this morning when I started it up and now it's registering Achievements as expected. Wonder if my machine just booted up funky with 0.86 or if ther was a fix in 0.87? In any case, the Achievements are now registering, which is fun.

I started getting achievements I previously achieved last night while still on 0.86.

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Literally 9+ times out of 10, it’s Tiffany Case, reciting the most uninteresting piece of dialog in the entire James Bond franchise. Like, why don’t they just cut it off at “heya Mr Q, you having any luck?” “I’m being somewhat successful, thank you”… that’s it, please god no more! Maybe “that’s unbelievable!” When you get a few shots like they have it, but the pointless dialog about going to jail? WHY??
I wouldn’t hate it so much, if it was at least 50/50 with radioactive reconnaissance. I dread seeing that damn Q insert lit as blue.
Please.
For the love of god.
A simple line of code that ensures actual ~50/50 randomness between Q modes. That would be lovely.

Eventually there will be more Q modes which will help sort this out.

We are still in the "big picture" zone, rather than the "polish zone" with this code.

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Please.
For the love of god.

And you can't cut off her goddamn dialogue. She keeps flapping her gums during the bonus screen if you drain.

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yes, the StarTech one that came with mine was crap. Even extending it outside of the backbox with usb extension cable didn't help. I replaced it with a spare TP-Link adapter I had and the connection is now solid. There's a list in the IC thread of all the adapters that work.

I tried a tp-link AC600 Nano Wireless USB Adapter. When I plugged it in is says “No USB Wi-Fi adapter” in the setup menu. Do I have to do something else other than just plug it in or is this adapter just not compatible?

Here’s the link:
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/9878524/TP-LINK-AC600-Nano-USB-Wireless/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mediacampaignid=71700000094055030_17217960228&gbraid=0AAAAAD2Eb4d_vnGAG2ZufHbDrDBJ-j03D&gbraid=0AAAAAD2Eb4d_vnGAG2ZufHbDrDBJ-j03D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj7Xc1JaO_QIVmh-tBh1iSA3HEAQYASABEgKOF_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I think you just need to not act like an asshole and be a decent person.
It’s crazy but I’ve found it works.

Quoted from PoMC:

And you can't cut off her goddamn dialogue. She keeps flapping her gums during the bonus screen if you drain.

The whole dialogue needs removed. It ranks up there with “Shoot the pyramid” and “Everyone underground now”.

#3174 1 year ago

Is there a post or video somewhere with a good basic scoring strategy? I have been focusing on finding the shots and would like to work towards some better scores even though the the code is pretty thin right now.

#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The whole dialog needs removed. It ranks up there with “Shoot the pyramid” and “Everyone underground now”.

It’s almost bobbalee bo 2.0 to my ears.
Good suggestions here on how to improve it.

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The whole dialog needs removed. It ranks up there with “Shoot the pyramid” and “Everyone underground now”.

At least if it was "Get to the Choppah!" it'd be entertaining every time.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Latest code cannot be opened by Pinball Browser. Damn! Was going to take out that dialogue.

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

“heya Mr Q, you having any luck?” “I’m being somewhat successful, thank you”

A compliment to the film: this is actually very clever dialogue ... he dodges her question about luck -- since he knows it's irrelevant -- and comments on the testing of his new device while still SOUNDING like he's answering her question.

Anyway, the suggestion above is great -- cut it after the 'successful' line, and drop in the 'unbelievable' later.

#3179 1 year ago

I received the toy tank the other day. This is a very easy mod. No wiring or LEDs need to be installed inside of this toy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wDTS22mnTReyqQRf7

You can see in the pictures the toy is disassembled by removing one screw
at the bottom underneath. The toy comes apart into three sections. There’s no need to keep the wheel section on because that just looks dumb. The middle section is not needed either because that will block all light shining up into the tank teeth area.

Take the top metal tank and place it on that plastic and it fits perfect. It also has the bonus of that yellow LED shining through the front teeth of the tank and making it glow.

Sitting it further back on the plastic to expose that yellow LED, blocks your eye line of the left top M lane.

I’m going to make a mount for it and then that’s done.

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Had this issue on my Rush pro, replaced the Stern wifi adapter with a better one and no issues since.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eventually there will be more Q modes which will help sort this out.
We are still in the "big picture" zone, rather than the "polish zone" with this code.

Oh for sure, but I can’t imagine a simple line of code to cycle these modes 50/50 is a massive undertaking of software engineering.

Same with a flasher to let people know the ball is being released by the up-post.

It just smells a bit of “the chef isn’t tasting his dish as he cooks it”.

#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Same with a flasher to let people know the ball is being released by the up-post.

The Q modes are now the only two that actually do this, both of them. So it's start.

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Q modes are now the only two that actually do this, both of them. So it's start.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been flashing since day 1, since that flasher is tied to the DB5 vuk.

It’s the up-post at the start of specter ramp modes that gives you no warning from the sling flasher and just drops the ball, often mid dialog.

If I wanted to play “what the hell is the machine doing with my balls?” I’d go find a Halloween or Ultraman.

#3184 1 year ago

I have a question regarding the wiring for the lockdown bar button on my Bond 007 LE. The lockdown bar button does not register during a switch test. Below is a photo of the wiring on the two lugs for this button. I believe that it is wired incorrectly when I compare it to my EHOH Premium wiring for the lockdown bar button.

Bond LE Lockdown Bar Button Wiring:
black wire with white stripe on top lug
tan wire with white stripe on bottom lug

BondLE_Lockdown_Button_Wiring (resized).JPGBondLE_Lockdown_Button_Wiring (resized).JPG

EHOH Premium Lockdown Bar Button Wiring:
tan wire with white strip on top lug
black wire with white stripe on bottom lug

EHOH_Lockdown_Button_Wiring (resized).JPGEHOH_Lockdown_Button_Wiring (resized).JPG

The lockdown bar button on my EHOH Premium works as it should and registers during a switch test. It is my belief that the wiring for the Bond 007 LE lockdown bar button is wired incorrectly and needs to be switched to match the wiring for the lockdown bar button on my EHOH Premium.

I would appreciate it if someone would confirm how their Bond lockdown bar button is wired before I make this switch. Thanks.

*** PROBLEM SOLVED ***

The lockdown bar button on my Bond 007 LE was wired incorrectly. I flipped the two wires and now the lockdown bar button registers in a switch test and also can start a game and launch a ball.

Gord

#3185 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The whole dialogue needs removed. It ranks up there with “Shoot the pyramid” and “Everyone underground now”.

This hurts... only two games I own Stargate and 007... What's "everyone underground" from? Seems like I have a theme going and should look into it.

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

This hurts... only two games I own Stargate and 007... What's "everyone underground" from? Seems like I have a theme going and should look into it.

Twister. The phrase is repeated non-stop.

#3187 1 year ago

Those call outs were fine because the game were intended to be on location, not at home to be heard ad nauseum.

Inexcusable having this awful, lengthy and boring monologue in the game at this point.

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Those call outs were fine because the game were intended to be on location, not at home to be heard ad nauseum.
Inexcusable having this awful, lengthy and boring monologue in the game at this point.

I’m sorry as it’s Lonnie. Name a great coded Lonnie as lead game? IM and Tron are Lyman and Lonnie.

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m sorry as it’s Lonnie. Name a great coded Lonnie as lead game? IM and Tron are Lyman and Lonnie.

I honestly don't know any of the coders or the games they do.

#3190 1 year ago

Definitely see this game coming together after the recent code update. Starting to get shots dialed in. Definitely don’t see this is a game people are going to walk up to and blow up, and I love that. Unique layout that takes some getting use to, but once you have it it’s so damn good.

#3191 1 year ago

Well, other than the Q branch dialogue, does anyone have anything to report with .87? I don't see many pitchforks out, so it must be an OK release.

#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Well, I knew it might happen at some time, but my James Bond LE arrived about an hour ago and the box had quite a bit of damage and the cabinet was also damaged. After inspecting the shipment I told the Fedex Freight Priority driver that I will not accept the damaged James Bond LE pinball machine and he was very cordial and said he fully understood and loaded it back onto his truck.
I called my distributor, Will Russell, Old Time Pinball, St. Augustine, FL, and texted him several photos showing the damage. Will called his Fedex representative and the damaged game is being shipped directly to Stern from Colorado. I believe that Stern is closed for the first 2 weeks of January so it may take awhile for Stern to get a game back to me. I am not sure of the timeline, but Will has been very helpful and transparent and said he will keep me apprised of the situation throughout the return process.
I have attached a few photos of the damaged shipment to this post. The scratch/gouge in the side of the cabinet tore the decal and also gouged the wood of the cabinet side.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My replacement/repaired James Bond LE was delivered on Thursday, Feb. 9. This time it arrived undamaged. Below are some of the key dates regarding this damage claim process.

Dec. 28, 2022
Game arrived damaged and delivery was refused.

My distributor, Will Russell, Old Town Pinball, was amazing to work with as I didn't have to do anything during this entire process. Will arranged for the damaged game to be shipped directly to Stern. I didn't have to pay anything during this entire process as Will filed a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority.

Jan. 3, 2023

My damaged James Bond 007 LE was delivered to Stern Pinball. Stern was closed the first 2 weeks in January for inventory so the game sat for a couple of weeks at Stern Pinball.

Feb. 1, 2023
Will texted me letting me know that Stern sent him a break down of the work to repair my damaged game and Will approved the repair. I am not sure what the repair all involved other than there was some damage to the bottom cabinet.

Feb. 7, 2023
Stern shipped the repaired/replacement game back to me.

Feb. 9, 2023
Fedex Freight Priority delivered the game to me and it arrived in perfect condition.

Feb. 10, 2023
I setup the game (date of manufacture is Feb. 3, 2023) and had to rewire the lockdown bar button, but other than that it went perfectly. The game now looks and plays flawlessly. I have attached a some photos to this posting showing my James Bond 007 LE.

I just wanted to say how glad I am that I purchased this NIB game from Will Russell (Old Town Pinball) since he took care of everything once I refused delivery of the damaged game. If I had purchased this NIB game from another private party I would have had to file a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority and I would have been out of pocket fighting for reimbursement.

Thank you Will for your help in making me whole again in this transaction.

Gord

P1020913 (resized).JPGP1020913 (resized).JPG
P1020915 (resized).JPGP1020915 (resized).JPG
P1020916 (resized).JPGP1020916 (resized).JPG
P1020917 (resized).JPGP1020917 (resized).JPG
P1020918 (resized).JPGP1020918 (resized).JPG
P1020919 (resized).JPGP1020919 (resized).JPG
P1020920 (resized).JPGP1020920 (resized).JPG
P1020921 (resized).JPGP1020921 (resized).JPG
P1020922 (resized).JPGP1020922 (resized).JPG
P1020923 (resized).JPGP1020923 (resized).JPG
P1020925 (resized).JPGP1020925 (resized).JPG
P1020926 (resized).JPGP1020926 (resized).JPG

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

My replacement/repaired James Bond LE was delivered on Thursday, Feb. 9. This time it arrived undamaged. Below are some of the key dates regarding this damage claim process.
Dec. 28, 2022
Game arrived damaged and delivery was refused.
My distributor, Will Russell, Old Town Pinball, was amazing to work with as I didn't have to do anything during this entire process. Will arranged for the damaged game to be shipped directly to Stern. I didn't have to pay anything during this entire process as Will filed a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority.
Jan. 3, 2023
My damaged James Bond 007 LE was delivered to Stern Pinball. Stern was closed the first 2 weeks in January for inventory so the game sat for a couple of weeks at Stern Pinball.
Feb. 1, 2023
Will texted me letting me know that Stern sent him a break down of the work to repair my damaged game and Will approved the repair. I am not sure what the repair all involved other than there was some damage to the bottom cabinet.
Feb. 7, 2023
Stern shipped the repaired/replacement game back to me.
Feb. 9, 2023
Fedex Freight Priority delivered the game to me and it arrived in perfect condition.
Feb. 10, 2023
I setup the game and had to rewire the lockdown bar button, but other than that it went perfectly. The game now looks and plays flawlessly. I have attached a some photos to this posting showing my James Bond 007 LE.
I just wanted to say how glad I am that I purchased this NIB game from Will Russell (Old Town Pinball) since he took care of everything once I refused delivery of the damaged game. If I had purchased this NIB game from another private party I would have had to file a damage claim with Fedex Freight Priority and I would have been out of pocket fighting for reimbursement.
Thank you Will for your help in making me whole again in this transaction.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. Glad they took care of you so quickly. I'd like to see more of that CFTBL.

#3194 1 year ago

My skill shot strategy so far has been to always get the MI6 skill shot then the pops to start building those up. Then after ball lock or ball save I'll hold the left flipper and go for the "eyes only" skill shot. Seems to be a pretty makable shot. I have been having good luck with it so far. You get one chance at that per ball it seems.

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Looking good. Glad they took care of you so quickly. I'd like to see more of that CFTBL.

Ask and you shall receive.

Gord

P1020953 (resized).JPGP1020953 (resized).JPG
P1020954 (resized).JPGP1020954 (resized).JPG
P1020955 (resized).JPGP1020955 (resized).JPG

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My skill shot strategy so far has been to always get the MI6 skill shot then the pops to start building those up. Then after ball lock or ball save I'll hold the left flipper and go for the "eyes only" skill shot. Seems to be a pretty makable shot. I have been having good luck with it so far. You get one chance at that per ball it seems.

Super Skill shot is available after a ballsave?!

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It should be (like Godzilla) but it’s not.

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think so. Let me verify...

#3199 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It should be (like Godzilla) but it’s not.

Quoted from SimplePin:

I think so. Let me verify...

Yes it is. Just played a quick test game. Did it on three balls. Initial plunge into the pops for that skill shot. Then let ball drain. On ball save left flipper for the super set up.

#3200 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this is a "thing to fix" myself or if it will get fixed with code updates but I have a Premium and whenever I start the Jetpack Multiball, the Bond on a Wand picks up the ball and hovers over the upper lane (that feeds into the ball locks). It does NOT hover over the dragon tank, so whenever I hit that area, the MB starts but the ball is not falling on top of the tank. Is that supposed to be happening from now or will that be coded in later?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 23.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.