IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 309.
#3101 1 year ago

I love this Pro... I usually either go Premium or LE, but for me 007 Pro was the way to go. Dr. No is a favorite movie.

Dumb question that's probably lost in this thread... I get how to get the villains, side kicks, girls, existing multiballs, and weapons... but how to you either choose or complete the main assignments down the middle of the playfield (Dr. No, From Russia with Love, etc...)? Is it a combo of 'villain+girl+weapon' completion? Other?

I understand 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' is last. Somehow I got 'Diamonds are Forever' lit and I have no idea what I did.

Love this game!

Thanks!

#3102 1 year ago

It would be nice if the complete game rules were available but it seems that it takes them about 9 months to post it after each game goes on sale.

James Bond 007 Full Rulesheet says COMING SOON:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/118/instructions
(you need a free IC account to access this page)

#3103 1 year ago

For the currently unused assets on the 0.86 image we have:

--Dragon, Reactor, and Honey Rider intro sequence from Dr. No
--Helicopter and Boat chases from From Russia with Love
--DB5 car chase (looks like it will be used as part of a DB5 Multiball) and Fort Knox battle from Goldfinger
--Underwater fight and ending Disco Volante fight from Thunderball
--Little Nellie sequence from You Only Live Twice

Honor Blackmon and Pussy Galore's flying circus are MIA. And this is new:

PowerPackMultiball (resized).jpgPowerPackMultiball (resized).jpg
#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

--DB5 car chase (looks like it will be used as part of a DB5 Multiball) and Fort Knox battle from Goldfinger
[quoted image]

They need to add the vid from Diamonds are Forever when the mobsters toss Plenty O'Toole into the pool when your final ball drains.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

And this is new

I had to look up "Miniature Very Pistol." It's the flare gun from Thunderball.

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

They need to add the vid from Diamonds are Forever when the mobsters toss Plenty O'Toole into the pool when your final ball drains.

"I didn't know there was a pool down there"

#3107 1 year ago

Video tossing Plenty O’Toole out the window for a drain followed by I didn’t know there was a pool down there if you had a ball save.

#3108 1 year ago

My machine goes to the '6' 98% of the time (I tracked 100 shots, with plunger, action button and automatic launches) in the M-I-6 lanes at the top. It doesn't make for a very skillful "skill shot". I adjusted the gate and it lines up with the notch in the guide rail, but still seems like the gate wire doesn't drop quick enough to provide any type of rebound for the ball when it comes back to it. Is this common or just something particular to my game?

IMG_9772 2 (resized).jpgIMG_9772 2 (resized).jpg
#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from nwstewart:

My machine goes to the '6' 98% of the time (I tracked 100 shots, with plunger, action button and automatic launches) in the M-I-6 lanes at the top. It doesn't make for a very skillful "skill shot". I adjusted the gate and it lines up with the notch in the guide rail, but still seems like the gate wire doesn't drop quick enough to provide any type of rebound for the ball when it comes back to it. Is this common or just something particular to my game?[quoted image]

Nah they all do it. Mine is 100 percent of the time.

The real skill shot is the super skill shot. Hold the left flipper button down when you plunge the ball.

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from nwstewart:

My machine goes to the '6' 98% of the time (I tracked 100 shots, with plunger, action button and automatic launches) in the M-I-6 lanes at the top. It doesn't make for a very skillful "skill shot". I adjusted the gate and it lines up with the notch in the guide rail, but still seems like the gate wire doesn't drop quick enough to provide any type of rebound for the ball when it comes back to it. Is this common or just something particular to my game?
[quoted image]

Same in my game (LE).

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The real skill shot is the super skill shot. Hold the left flipper button down when you plunge the ball.

I'm looking forward to some of the other skill shots being added. Really wish they would add a multipliable skill shot with each consecutive loop adding to the multiplier. Love skill shots like this as it really adds to the risk reward.

#3112 1 year ago

I added a rubber sleeve to the ball guide to protect the ball from getting scratched. The extra added bonus is that it bounces off of it and lowers the percentage of “6” lane drops.

ACE01987-CD79-4754-9574-0B6959916B6B (resized).jpegACE01987-CD79-4754-9574-0B6959916B6B (resized).jpeg

#3113 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are 8 skill shots on the skill shot graphic but only 3 are in the game right now. If you hit the Q scoop after doing the above you get 10M+ points (I think it's called "Eyes Only" skill shot).

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

[quoted image]

If all this stuff is added I’ll be thrilled because those are the biggest moments in all these movies.

#3115 1 year ago

Had a few lockups today. Had a great ball going and as soon as it hit the replay screen it rebooted. Booted back up and it didn’t feed a ball out. Had to hold left flipper and start for it to kick the ball out of the Aston Martin. This was on a Premium.

#3116 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You're a competitive player, so please correct me if you think I'm wrong but as of right now my strategy is to skip the super skill (classified?) and just hit the m16 skill shot, that way I get some skill shot points and my ball can hopefully catch me some of those sweet pop bumper points.

Also I haven't played the new code yet so I don't know if they added some of the other skill shots in or made some things like pops less lucrative again

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You're a competitive player, so please correct me if you think I'm wrong but as of right now my strategy is to skip the super skill (classified?) and just hit the m16 skill shot, that way I get some skill shot points and my ball can hopefully catch me some of those sweet pop bumper points.

Everybody does their own thing, but yeah, in tournament without ballsave, I don't usually F around with super skill shots like that.

Home players with generous settings don't need to fear a super skill plunge though. If you brick and drain you'll end up getting your ball back.

#3118 1 year ago

i think i played in like 5 007 launch parties and they all had ballsave on, you get like 5 switch hits before the Q shot deactivates, too. it's worth the risk especially now that they halved super pops

the deciding factor in all said launch parties was who started the most multiballs, which made for long boring games during which lots of whiskey was consumed

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Mode+MB stacking added, I couldn't be happier. This is progress, hopefully they drop a quick fix to the game-locking bug though! Happy Friday everyone, make it a great weekend-

They've reproduced it and are fixing it already. Fingers crossed they push out an update before the weekend, but we'll see...

#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Had a few lockups today. Had a great ball going and as soon as it hit the replay screen it rebooted. Booted back up and it didn’t feed a ball out. Had to hold left flipper and start for it to kick the ball out of the Aston Martin. This was on a Premium.

Was this the known one that happens when you have Professor Dent stacked with Bird 1? Or was something else going on?

#3121 1 year ago

see, now aren't you glad they delayed code updates? otherwise that bugged stack would have been there for every single launch party

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was this the known one that happens when you have Professor Dent stacked with Bird 1? Or was something else going on?

As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what it was. Never occurred before. Not to me anyway.

#3123 1 year ago

the old super pops being worth 20 million was hilarious. at least twice the autoplunge on my ball 3 ballsave won me the game after a lousy first two balls when that was still what super pops were worth

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what it was. Never occurred before. Not to me anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to happen every time because there's some other unknown factor that, when it's mixed with a Professor Dent/Bird 1 stack, causes a reboot OR the ball to go in the scuba scoop and get lost with no ball search (requiring a reboot also). The bug is being fixed already. Hoping for a patched version of 0.86 before the weekend, but it'll be tight.

#3125 1 year ago

Only played a few games on the new code today. Hoping a bug release comes before Sunday afternoon. Would be nice not to experience reboots when I have friends over playing it the first time. .

I think it’s a great playing game and can see the code will be pretty good when completed. I bought a used pro for $6000 a few weeks ago, so I don’t feel negative towards the state of the code…except that unskippable monologue of the girl talking to Q.

#3126 1 year ago

A couple of questions -- based on my first experience playing the pro on location yesterday -- for those of you with broader pinball experience:

Have you initially found the shots on this game to be tighter and more difficult than on many other games, or is this "problem" likely just a matter of me not being a particularly good player?

Also, is the game designed to get the ball down the left out lane as quickly as possible?

It was a frustrating experience for me on one hand, but on the other I wanted to jump back and try again right away. Usually I can tell if I struggle because I suck or because the game layout/shot geometry is particularly difficult. This time I am not so sure.

Maybe it's just the magic power of The Bond Theme that is sucking me back in for more punishment.

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from Evets:

A couple of questions -- based on my first experience playing the pro on location yesterday -- for those of you with broader pinball experience:
Have you initially found the shots on this game to be tighter and more difficult than on many other games, or is this "problem" likely just a matter of me not being a particularly good player?
Also, is the game designed to get the ball down the left out lane as quickly as possible?
It was a frustrating experience for me on one hand, but on the other I wanted to jump back and try again right away. Usually I can tell if I struggle because I suck or because the game layout/shot geometry is particularly difficult. This time I am not so sure.
Maybe it's just the magic power of The Bond Theme that is sucking me back in for more punishment.

After 3 weeks of ownership, there's no magic left in the Bond theme. Really hoping for more music

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from Evets:

The shots are a little off from where your muscle memory thinks they are, so there's an adjustment period, especially for that left orbit and henchmen ramp. Once you adjust to where everything is, you can combo that center shot, orbits and ramps, which is when it starts feeling really great to flip.

Software to make a GAME of Bond is another matter. It's still pretty shambolic and will likely be that way until April/May. Don't expect it to be finished before late summer.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I bought a used pro for $6000 a few weeks ago

Great deal!

Quoted from Evets:

I think there are some tough shots but I'm just an average skill player. The FRWL right orbit is particularly difficult/dangerous because if it doesn't go all the way up there is a good chance it drains.

I think the longer you can play in a game, the more interesting modes and things you are going to see (and hence more fun you are going to have) so I've changed some things to make the game easier. I've narrowed the outlanes on both sides. I set the ball save to 15 seconds (I think default is 10 or 12), and the Villain and Henchman mode start difficulty can now be set (0.86 code) in the game settings. Default is medium but I changed it to easy (there is also an extra easy setting).

From the release notes:

- Added a Henchmen Mode Start difficulty adjustment, default = Medium. The following
table indicates how many shots are need to start a Henchmen mode. For example, on
Medium settings the first Henchmen mode takes 1 side ramp shot to start. The next
Henchmen mode requires 2 shots to start, and the 3rd Henchmen mode requires 2
shots to start, etc...

Extra Easy - 1,1,1,1,1,1
Easy - 1,1,2,2,3,3
Medium - 1,2,2,3,3,3
Hard - 1,2,3,3,3,3
Ex Hard - 3,3,3,3,3,3

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

so I've changed some things to make the game easier. I've narrowed the outlanes on both sides.

Just out of curiosity how did you narrow the right outlane? I was just trying to figure out how to handle that one.

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Just out of curiosity how did you narrow the right outlane? I was just trying to figure out how to handle that one.

Used the extra post and hardware that came in the goodie bag. I had to unscrew the DB5 plate to get to the hole.

goodies2 (resized).jpggoodies2 (resized).jpg

right outlane (resized).jpgright outlane (resized).jpg
#3132 1 year ago

Anyone else have a crash during end of ball bonus?

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Used the extra post and hardware that came in the goodie bag. I had to unscrew the DB5 plate to get to the hole.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ahh, hadn’t looked in the goodie bag. Now to figure out how to get the car out, lol, I’m looking at the manual but… I don’t suppose you have a diagram with big arrows showing how to remove it

#3134 1 year ago

Looks like there are now 64 Insider Achievements. We never got the 22 new ones promised in 0.84, so maybe this is catching up with that release plus a few extras? There are now starting and completing achievements for all six Villain modes. Still no new achievements for Skill Shots, the Eyes Only 10M achievement is not yet online. All six SPECTRE weapon achievements are now listed. The Henchmen all have start/complete achievements now and there are a total now of four Professor Dent achievements, a start/complete set as well as two involving freezing the roving shot.

I've completed a number of these in play today but haven't been credited, so maybe these are coming online real-time.

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ahh, hadn’t looked in the goodie bag. Now to figure out how to get the car out, lol, I’m looking at the manual but… I don’t suppose you have a diagram with big arrows showing how to remove it

Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You don't have to use the extra post, I just moved it down and stretched the rubber there. The car has to come out to do either. If I remember correctly, you remove the three nuts and the car + plastic plate underneath come up?

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Unscrew those 3 screws and the whole thing lifts up.

DB5 screws (resized).jpgDB5 screws (resized).jpg
#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

You don't have to use the extra post, I just moved it down and stretched the rubber there. The car has to come out to do either. If I remember correctly, you remove the three nuts and the car + plastic plate underneath come up?

Oh, that would be nice, I removed those three and it still felt pretty tight so I didn’t want to pull hard. I thought there might be one more screw I was missing. Does the metal tube come up with the car or does the car slide off it?

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Unscrew those 3 screws and the whole thing lifts up.
[quoted image]

Thanks!
Was nice and easy once I knew I should pull harder

#3139 1 year ago

Wow, there are also 94 achievements online for Bond 60th. $20K machine gets priority, not surprising.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Wow, there are also 94 achievements online for Bond 60th. $20K machine gets priority, not surprising.

Narrowing the outlanes I finally finished a mode my first game… maybe it was a coincidence

#3141 1 year ago

Anybody notice if there's a jetpack magnet adjustment in the settings? Jetpack seems to have a much lower consistency on picking up the ball since the code update. I think he's successfully held onto it once out of maybe 10 activations? Anybody else seeing this with 0.86?

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The shots are a little off from where your muscle memory thinks they are, so there's an adjustment period, especially for that left orbit and henchmen ramp.

Thanks for that as it resonates with the perceived "truth" of my experience.

#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Looks like there are now 64 Insider Achievements. We never got the 22 new ones promised in 0.84, so maybe this is catching up with that release plus a few extras? There are now starting and completing achievements for all six Villain modes. Still no new achievements for Skill Shots, the Eyes Only 10M achievement is not yet online. All six SPECTRE weapon achievements are now listed. The Henchmen all have start/complete achievements now and there are a total now of four Professor Dent achievements, a start/complete set as well as two involving freezing the roving shot.
I've completed a number of these in play today but haven't been credited, so maybe these are coming online real-time.

Looks like the game will wind up with over 100 as someone said during one of the streams with a lot more content yet to be added (hopefully).

I’d assume there will be quite a few achievements tied to the henchman and villain mini wizard modes and I’m assuming there will be a final mode for doing both?

#3144 1 year ago

Yeah, a bunch of achievements will be fun for home players. There are 112 for Godzilla, 100 for Rush, etc.

Looks like the new achievements aren't online yet, at least they're not showing the placard in game when you get them and they're not registering on my insider. Anybody else registering new achievements? Mine's Insider Disconnected at the moment.

Might be some lag between the new ones showing up on Insider and connectivity back to the games?

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Anybody else registering new achievements?

They did not register last night after the update, but today has been a different story.

#3146 1 year ago

Looks like v0.87 is out.

“Fixed a bug in the Professor Dent Henchmen Mode that could cause the game to crash
if all of the shot awards were "locked in" while progressing thru the mode.
- Fixed a Mr. Osato Henchmen mode display bug where, instead of displaying a score of
"3,000,000", the game displayed ",000,000"”

#3147 1 year ago

New code launched to fix issues!!

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looks like v0.87 is out.
“Fixed a bug in the Professor Dent Henchmen Mode that could cause the game to crash
if all of the shot awards were "locked in" while progressing thru the mode.
- Fixed a Mr. Osato Henchmen mode display bug where, instead of displaying a score of
"3,000,000", the game displayed ",000,000"”

Game started to auto-update several minutes ago! Sweetness.

#3149 1 year ago

I'd just like to say thank you to whomever at Stern was on top of this issue in the .86 code. That .87 came out very fast. Faster than I ever saw the issue on my own person machine and faster than anyone playing any of the four Bonds that I service at four different locations noticed. Also, I'd like to say to everyone that's not quite pleased with 007, please take a chill day. Take notice of the speed in which .87 was released. I joined Pinside because I recently became an owner of two new pins. I work on all types of games as my job. Pinball seems to have many people that claim to enjoy it, but bash everything and everyone around it. It's good to have passion. Let the positive side of that passion show at least once in a while. Enjoy ladies and gentlemen, enjoy. Pinball is a game. It is meant to be enjoyed. So, have fun out there!

#3150 1 year ago

I am stoked to see this update out tonight! I was happy with the update last night as well.

It is nice to be able to have a plan with hitting the Bird 1 loop and modes. I like to get my multiball to 2 locked and then start a mode and hit the Bird 1 loop the last time to start the multiball with the mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.