Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 310.
#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

And they should stop and wait for code, I refuse to play my game till the code is ready. Its like buying a brand new car and they haven't designed the steering wheel yet. Till then I have a British flag draped over this game like its dead to me.

Early code is awesome. You can learn the rules of the game easier and everytime there is a code update, there are new things to learn.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Its like buying a brand new car and they haven't designed the steering wheel yet. Till then I have a British flag draped over this game like its dead to me.

It really isn’t like that. In your analogy, having a car without a steering wheel is more like having a pinball machine without flipper buttons.

There really isn’t a logical way to compare a car to a pinball machine in this situation, as cars don’t really ship “without code.”

Perhaps try something besides a car. Maybe it’s kind of like reading a book that isn’t finished yet? Or eating a cake without all the ingredients?

But then we would t be discussing cars and where the fun in that, I know!

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really isn’t like that. In your analogy, having a car without a steering wheel is more like having a pinball machine without flipper buttons.
There really isn’t a logical way to compare a car to a pinball machine in this situation, as cars don’t really ship “without code.”
Perhaps try something besides a car. Maybe it’s kind of like reading a book that isn’t finished yet? Or eating a cake without all the ingredients?

Wrong part of the car, but the analogy is ok with the supply chain shortages having cars be delivered without features that automakers say they will install later once the chip situation eases up.

Here's one about F-150s shipping not feature-complete. Although the missing stop/start at lights feature is the one I HATE in our 2022 Odyssey so I'd be THRILLED to never have it installed. But yeah, heated seats are missing, navigation gone, other comfort features you're paying for, but getting an IOU to deliver later:

https://observer.com/2022/03/automakers-are-selling-cars-without-chips-as-they-struggle-with-a-shortage/

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yet Tesla have done numerous recalls over the years due to code problems, code glitches and code causing failure of safety critical hardware like tail and break lights, you just hate carguments Levi

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yet Tesla have done numerous recalls over the years due to code problems, code glitches and code causing failure of safety critical hardware like tail and break lights, you just hate carguments Levi

The interesting thing about Tesla recalls is that they resolve almost all of them the same way that Stern updates its code. Over-the-air updates while the machine (car) is at your house.

#2956 1 year ago

Did some family Bonding last night and set up our new Pro. So far we like it. Will do the code update to 0.84. Has an old school vibe. Not as busy and chaotic as other new pins. We'll see if less is more will hold up over time. During game #2 of 2 last night with the wife, the left flipper had some ED and dropped substantially. It was so limp, it kept my balls from draining. Will need to fix that tonight.

20230207_205306 (resized).jpg20230207_205306 (resized).jpg20230208_081803 (resized).jpg20230208_081803 (resized).jpg
#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe it’s a car where your infotainment only functions as a clock radio and your power windows, power locks, power seat, seat heaters, ac etc are all on backorder. It still works, but you’re impatient for the rest of the parts

#2958 1 year ago

Making my way thru the Bond movies. Finishing up Goldfinger this morning. I can see this is the movie the series finally picked up as far as spy gadgets and "action".

Anyone know why nearly every character shoots their gun with it braced over their other wrist? Was that just a 60s thing with guns and grips/stances that has evolved over 50 years? Or was it just a cool looking way to handle a gun on screen?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iju8kKeFPscz7s3X7

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Making my way thru the Bond movies. Finishing up Goldfinger this morning. I can see this is the movie the series finally picked up as far as spy gadgets and "action".
Anyone know why nearly every character shoots their gun with it braced over their other wrist? Was that just a 60s thing with guns and grips/stances that has evolved over 50 years? Or was it just a cool looking way to handle a gun on screen?

Love all those tap handles.

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, actually cars do ship without " full code". Our pickup has had 3 wifi updates in 2 months

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wrong part of the car, but the analogy is ok with the supply chain shortages having cars be delivered without features that automakers say they will install later once the chip situation eases up.
Here's one about F-150s shipping not feature-complete. Although the missing stop/start at lights feature is the one I HATE in our 2022 Odyssey so I'd be THRILLED to never have it installed. But yeah, heated seats are missing, navigation gone, other comfort features you're paying for, but getting an IOU to deliver later:
https://observer.com/2022/03/automakers-are-selling-cars-without-chips-as-they-struggle-with-a-shortage/

Thats interesting, as are all the above examples of cars getting software updates, but you guys are making a proper analogy while the previous steering wheel example is unsound.

A steering wheel is a direct control input on a car.

Code is not a direct input on a pinball machine. Flipper buttons are.

If you want this cargument to be sound and not a fallacy, and to jibe with the comparisons to Tesla, etc. you would say:

"Bond is currently like a car with incomplete software."

But then you can make that analogy with a toaster, or any other modern product today that may need a receive software updates.

I guess In summary: why it always gotta be a car?!

In related news that may be leading to back and forths like this, we are getting dangerously close to “pitchfork Thursday.” The promised code update can’t come soon enough!!!

Or at least they better tide us over with new steering wheels for our games.

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It’s an outdated shooting style. In WW2 we taught one handed 1911 shooting.

Then the 80’s happened and nobody taught that hip fire style except Hollywood.

#2963 1 year ago

The other day my wife asked me to check out this cool car she found. It was a pinball machine. So I see how they can be easily confused for the same thing.

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The other day my wife asked me to check out this cool car she found. It was a pinball machine. So I see how they can be easily confused for the same thing.

I tried to play rush the other day and my key fab wouldn’t start my game. Almost made a tech post on pinside.

Almost

#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I tried to play rush the other day and my key fab wouldn’t start my game. Almost made a tech post on on pinside.
Almost

You should have “opened a ticket” with Stern!

#2966 1 year ago

Somebody at work just slacked me a cargument 10 minutes ago comparing a software product to a car. I gave him a warning. Next time he is fired.

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You should have “opened a ticket” with Stern!

Thanks for reminding me, I’ve got some ball wear on the side of a metal ramp.

Ticket time!

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

It’s an outdated shooting style. In WW2 we taught one handed 1911 shooting.
Then the 80’s happened and nobody taught that hip fire style except Hollywood.

Lol, I hadn’t put your username together with the magazine until you answered that

#2969 1 year ago

7af4q2 (resized).jpg7af4q2 (resized).jpg

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, I hadn’t put your username together with the magazine until you answered that

That or I’m just a shitty hamburger at Wendy’s! Who knows!

29563B53-9D35-4741-AB41-6CE88409BD8B (resized).png29563B53-9D35-4741-AB41-6CE88409BD8B (resized).png
#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Then the 80’s happened and nobody taught that hip fire style except Hollywood

Actually it's well documented that a lot of Aussies shot their Bren guns from the hip during WW2 with deadly accuracy..but anyway back to Bond code updates and the rattling of pitchforks/sabers/empty beer cans..whatever comes to hand first

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Actually it's well documented that a lot of Aussies shot their Bren guns from the hip during WW2 with deadly accuracy..but anyway back to Bond code updates and the rattling of pitchforks/sabers/empty beer cans..whatever comes to hand first

Yeah but you wackadoos shoot your guns like you're modeling for playgirl magazine

J9wewrM (resized).jpgJ9wewrM (resized).jpgms-creedmoor (resized).jpgms-creedmoor (resized).jpg
#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah but you wackadoos shoot your guns like you're modeling for playgirl magazine[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol, and I thought that was funny before I saw the pictures

#2974 1 year ago

George says to ask for a ball trap kit. Get with dealer and Stern and there are no ball trap kits. I guess they are being made.

#2975 1 year ago

Anyone else have this issue? Right inlane uppost sits too high when in the down position and won't allow ball to roll through after starting a Villain or Henchman mode. The ball will roll over the downed post when leaving the wireform, but not after sitting idle. Any help is appreciated. It just started doing this today.

20230208_113415 (resized).jpg20230208_113415 (resized).jpg20230208_113422 (resized).jpg20230208_113422 (resized).jpg
#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Anyone else have this issue? Right inlane uppost sits too high when in the down position and won't allow ball to roll through after starting a Villain or Henchman mode. The ball will roll over the downed post when leaving the wireform, but not after sitting idle. Any help is appreciated. It just started doing this today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's sitting too high.

DId you examine the mech under the playfield? Probably the best place to start.

Perhaps something is loose, or misaligned.

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

George says to ask for a ball trap kit. Get with dealer and Stern and there are no ball trap kits. I guess they are being made.

I called Stern tech support and asked for the Bond ball trap kit and they gave me an order number (no charge). I will post here if/when I actually receive it.

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's sitting too high.

You were correct....loose nut allowed the screw/stop to move up. I re positioned and tightened the nut. It sits fine now. Thanks for the help.

20230208_114248 (resized).jpg20230208_114248 (resized).jpg
#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's sitting too high.

Nope. We need a ticket for this one.

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wait, what's this ball trap kit you speak of?

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Wait, what's this ball trap kit you speak of?

gomez mentioned on stream that there's a couple of known ball traps that they are/were/will developing/developed/will develop a kit for and to call Stern to request it

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I called Stern tech support and asked for the Bond ball trap kit and they gave me an order number (no charge). I will post here if/when I actually receive it.

Same, I submitted my request last Thursday night after the Gomez stream on PinTech and got an order number on Tuesday. No ETA yet.

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Same, I submitted my request last Thursday night after the Gomez stream on PinTech and got an order number on Tuesday. No ETA yet.

They told me they are sending to distributors and to let my distributor know I want one shipped to me when they arrive.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Sometimes I get so frustrated with Stern. Gomez says to contact Stern for the ball trap kit. You contacted Stern and they will send you one. I called in and was told I had to go through my distributor. What the hell is the deal with this seeming inconsistency with Stern “support” depending on who you get to answer the phone??

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

They told me they are sending to distributors and to let my distributor know I want one shipped to me when they arrive.

I emailed support right after the stream about the ball trap kit and they created an order for me, but asked who my distributor was.

Maybe they'll fill the order in a year or two (if I get lucky).

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I emailed support right after the stream about the ball trap kit and they created an order for me, but asked who my distributor was.

Still not sure where the trap is? Mine has hung up a time or two on the henchman ramp, but easy to fix

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My distributor created a ticket with them about another issue and I have been very happy with the process. I got one part quickly and know exactly where the other part is in the process. So support is hit or miss, typical of most products.

It is too bad they say contact us on such a public forum and didn’t have things sorted out with the team.

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Still not sure where the trap is? Mine has hung up a time or two on the henchman ramp, but easy to fix

He pointed out a couple of spots where the ball can get hung in the Marco stream. If I recall, one was under the car, one was around the rocket if the cable clamp is on the wrong side, one is on the back panel if the decal has a bubble, one is in the pops somewhere?

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

He pointed out a couple of spots where the ball can get hung in the Marco stream. If I recall, one was under the car, one was around the rocket if the cable clamp is on the wrong side, one is on the back panel if the decal has a bubble, one is in the pops somewhere?

So why wait for a kit? Easy fixes, I put a small piece of rubber on henchman ramp, not gonna wait for Stern

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Sometimes I get so frustrated with Stern. Gomez says to contact Stern for the ball trap kit. You contacted Stern and they will send you one. I called in and was told I had to go through my distributor. What the hell is the deal with this seeming inconsistency with Stern “support” depending on who you get to answer the phone??

stern support has been poor for me sone Chas passed away. Absolutely terrible. They don’t respond! Sad. Thankfully the games are reliable for the most part.

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So why wait for a kit? Easy fixes, I put a small piece of rubber on henchman ramp, not gonna wait for Stern

I agree - and I'm not necessarily waiting on them as I've done the same fix. I just like free stuff from Stern. If it's just generic rubber bits, I'll eventually have a use for it even if not needed on Bond because I've already addressed it.

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

stern support has been poor for me sone Chas passed away. Absolutely terrible. They don’t respond! Sad. Thankfully the games are reliable for the most part.

Joe Blackwell was incredible before Chas even.

#2993 1 year ago

Pablo is also very good. Spends as much time as you need on the phone and has been quick with call backs.

I left a message with 1800kickers and had my call returned the next morning, but I don’t know what the magic recipe is, since some people have had different experiences.

#2994 1 year ago

Every time I call or write for tech help I get Eddie Yates. He blows. Not helpful at all. If you get him, I suggest just hanging up and calling again.

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Pablo is also very good. Spends as much time as you need on the phone and has been quick with call backs.
I left a message with 1800kickers and had my call returned the next morning, but I don’t know what the magic recipe is, since some people have had different experiences.

I think you just need to not act like an asshole and be a decent person.

It’s crazy but I’ve found it works.

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

And they should stop and wait for code, I refuse to play my game till the code is ready. Its like buying a brand new car and they haven't designed the steering wheel yet. Till then I have a British flag draped over this game like its dead to me.

I haven't turned mine one since the last update. Very boring without a goal. Good layout, but until the code is complete it is just furniture sitting there.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

I think it had more to do with the pandemic than Chas dying - the events overlapped so you can't really pull them apart and blame one thing. But Chas was an amazing contact for tech support and parts. No one like him left. Pablo is the closest, but still less-than.

Stern hasn't been the same since the pandemic shutdowns and supply chain/shipping mess. The fact that they're still using supply chain excuses when it's eased up to almost pre-pandemic levels for the amount of product a relative small-potatoes organization like Stern orders says more about management than the supply chain. It's not like they're Ford or GM, ordering components in the millions and tens of millions at a time. They're in tens of thousands, and maybe hundreds of thousands for super common stuff (not counting stuff like SCREWS).

If Stern outsourced their non-warranty parts/accessories business and just took a license fee, I guarantee you it has a strong chance of being run substantially better, especially if that business could source their own vendors to manufacture the parts.

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I think you just need to not act like an asshole and be a decent person.
It’s crazy but I’ve found it works.

These guys must get batshit crazy calls all day. People requesting new Ramps due to ball trails etc.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These guys must get batshit crazy calls all day. People requesting new Ramps due to ball trails etc.

I know it’s their job but I can’t image the call volume and type of call over the past few years. Has to be a high turnaround!

#3000 1 year ago

The spinner falling off is getting a bit old. 3rd time so far. Seems like the spinner hanging out being hit from all different angles is what’s causing the issue. Any ideas for a fix
other than continuing to bend?

A7FB1366-A862-4B54-8DE2-6343043CAEEA (resized).jpegA7FB1366-A862-4B54-8DE2-6343043CAEEA (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/60?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.