IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 309.
#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna try that out too.
Have a lot of faith in Mike V and team.
This game is gonna be a phenomenal total package when it’s done.
Think it’s going to be one of my all time favorites!

Agreed! This game has the insert structure to be great. GG and Mike V has a great deal of passion for this project and will not fail to deliver a top ten game in both shot layout, rules and code. Stern will sell this game for a long time to come, so very motivated to make it a favorite. Never seen George do so many interviews. It’s his game and he’s the boss, so resources are committed to make it great. That alone guarantees success.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed! This game has the insert structure to be great. GG and Mike V has a great deal of passion for this project and will not fail to deliver a top ten game in both shot layout, rules and code. Stern will sell this game for a long time to come, so very motivated to make it a favorite. Never seen George do so many interviews. It’s his game and he’s the boss, so resources are committed to make it great. That alone guarantees success.

Gomez is a class act. If anyone has any doubts and hasn’t yet listened to the Marco interview go do it now.

George says no dialing it back whatsoever and will continue on as long as it takes to make it great. Mike V too.

If people like Deadpool and BM66 nobody is gonna end up disappointed.

And I’m thankful George was around to make NBA Fast Break long ago too!

Deadpool

#2853 1 year ago

I finally got around adjusting the orbit exit on the left above the upper flipper.
On my machine it always hit the left sling.
After removing the plastic (just 2 nuts) I saw there were two tabs fairly close to the end holding the guide down. Usually the holes on those tabs are large enough to have some room for adjustments in them, not so much here.
That leaves 2 options:
1. Take the guide out and enlarge the holes
2. Bend the very end of the ball guide a little

I didn't feel like taking more apart and opted for 2.

I used large needle nose pliers and sandwiches the guide exit in a double folded index card so I wouldn't mar the finish of the guide.
Position the pliers from top to bottom, perpendicular to the length of the guide close to the end after the last tab. Make sure the tip of the pliers is not touching the playfield or you will scratch the finish.
Clamp down and bend the guide by using a twisting motion. You likely need only a fraction of a degree or so, check often with a ball, don't crank it to a 90* bend .
I tested with a ball at full speed so it would still hit the left lower flipper and not go SDTM, and a slow one from the multi ball lock exit. They do not hit the slings anymore.
One that dribbles out from behind the drop downs will be still hitting the bottom of the sling but can be deflected with a raised lower flipper without nudging. Must of the time, I swat at them with the upper flipper anyway.
I'm satisfied with that, and it took longer to write this than to actually do it.
Hope that helps anybody else who needs to adjust their orbit exit.

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Whatever dude, you've been on here for 8 years and have over 5500 posts and that is what you bring to the table. then you get upset when someone has another opinion.. sure ok, as Levi says all the time. its pinside being pinside lol

That hate is strong with you as your avatar suggests, not sure why you have decided to come after me personally for not loving the state of the current code.

I see you are going to TPF. Let's grab a beverage and enjoy some pinball. Its all good dude. Pinside is a pretty damn good place all in all.

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That hate is strong with you as your avatar suggests, not sure why you have decided to come after me personally for not loving the state of the current code.
I see you are going to TPF. Let's grab a beverage and enjoy some pinball. Its all good dude. Pinside is a pretty damn good place all in all.

HA! I like that! Ok cool that sounds good! I have never been before so I am really pumped up to go!

#2856 1 year ago

The pinside code crybabies are very entertaining. Grab an LE at $13k while you can. Next year it will be significantly more and they will be very hard to come by. George will not let us down and Mike V is the right man for the job coding this game.

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

HA! I like that! Ok cool that sounds good! I have never been before so I am really pumped up to go!

Come by and say hello at The Electric Playground booth. I want proof you guys made up

#2858 1 year ago

Are there any art blades available for James Bond yet?

#2859 1 year ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

Are there any art blades available for James Bond yet?

Just the LE for now. Stern is very slow with accessories usually unfortunately.

#2861 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I hear from Jill St. John that the code's progress is only two steps away from the glamor.
[quoted image]

Dunno why she cares about Felix. Maybe she's concerned with his bag of tricks...

Felix the cat.pngFelix the cat.png
#2862 1 year ago

I just picked up a Bond Pro a few days ago and I am really enjoying this new Gomez layout. There are some real tough shots and I absolutely love the left orbit / ramp shot. The tank standup can be brutal and the right orbit shot is super dangerous when you don't make it all the way. Lots to learn on the modes but I am having a good time diving into them. I plan to stream it this week on Twitch / YouTube. I also managed to spend some time over the weekend to design and build a new mod for this game. My mod replaces the stock plastic on the left scoop. This mod is made using custom 3D printed bricks, a large / recessed laser cut insert, and a 3D printed baseplate. This mod fits the Pro, Prem, and LE versions of the game. This mod is available in my Pinside shop for $35 if anyone is interested in adding this mod to their game. Shipping is $4.95 in the US, $17 to Canada, and $20 to Europe.

Stay Safe and Play More Pinball!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/07817-james-bond-left-scoop-plastic-mod-pro-prem-le

I also created an install video for this mod which can be found here:

DSC_0394 (resized).JPGDSC_0394 (resized).JPGDSC_0408 (resized).JPGDSC_0408 (resized).JPGDSC_0409 (resized).JPGDSC_0409 (resized).JPGDSC_0411 (resized).JPGDSC_0411 (resized).JPG
#2863 1 year ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just picked up a Bond Pro a few days ago and I am really enjoying this new Gomez layout. There are some real tough shots and I absolutely love the left orbit / ramp shot. The tank standup can be brutal and the right orbit shot is super dangerous when you don't make it all the way. Lots to learn on the modes but I am having a good time diving into them. I plan to stream it this week on Twitch / YouTube. I also managed to spend some time over the weekend to design and build a new mod for this game. My mod replaces the stock plastic on the left scoop. This mod is made using custom 3D printed bricks, a large / recessed laser cut insert, and a 3D printed baseplate. This mod fits the Pro, Prem, and LE versions of the game. This mod is available in my Pinside shop for $35 if anyone is interested in adding this mod to their game. Shipping is $4.95 in the US, $17 to Canada, and $20 to Europe.
Stay Safe and Play More Pinball!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/07817-james-bond-left-scoop-plastic-mod-pro-prem-le
I also created an install video for this mod which can be found here:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Craig… mod looks great!

Glad to see you picked up a Bond. Will be excited to view the streams.

#2864 1 year ago

Anyone can help me understand this setting ?

Is it to allow more videos in the game more often ?

Looks like there is 3 possible choices, one/more or none

6AAE1C8D-9C84-41FD-B6AE-AE0C94D08737 (resized).jpeg6AAE1C8D-9C84-41FD-B6AE-AE0C94D08737 (resized).jpeg
#2865 1 year ago

I have read that some call this game a fantastic shooter. Personally, I don't think it is. I do enjoy playing it, but "a fantastic shooter" is a bit of a stretch. The placement of the villain and henchmen ramps goes against the basic principle of dividing the playfield into thirds: bottom, mid, top and most importantly to keep the mid section free of "stuff" so the ball can gain momentum. But, that's me. Unfortunately, all the coding in the world cannot fix the design of the playfield. I have spoken with a few people who are getting off what they view as a sinking ship. To me that seems a bit harsh, but I do think the design of the playfield is annoying....and placing blame on code delays and licensing agreements overlooks this fact. Amazing theme, just wish it hadn't been such a rush job.

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I have read that some call this game a fantastic shooter. Personally, I don't think it is. I do enjoy playing it, but "a fantastic shooter" is a bit of a stretch. The placement of the villain and henchmen ramps goes against the basic principle of dividing the playfield into thirds: bottom, mid, top and most importantly to keep the mid section free of "stuff" so the ball can gain momentum. But, that's me. Unfortunately, all the coding in the world cannot fix the design of the playfield. I have spoken with a few people who are getting off what they view as a sinking ship. To me that seems a bit harsh, but I do think the design of the playfield is annoying....and placing blame on code delays and licensing agreements overlooks this fact. Amazing theme, just wish it hadn't been such a rush job.

Thanks for trying to save us from liking the pinball machines we have bought.
That would have been embarrassing.

#2867 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Agreed. I will never understand why people come into owners thread to announce how much they dislike the game. It is ok to dislike the game but why do it in the owners thread when you are clearly not an owner.

#2868 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Unfortunately, all the coding in the world cannot fix the design of the playfield....

You are incorrect, sir. Code is king and can save any game and any layout.

#2869 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I really like the challenge of trying to hit the henchman ramp. If you're looking for momentum, the outer loops provide that, and we could always revisit the waxing debate lol. Bond plays super fast, so I'm not sure I would want any more speed, but I also didn't know about the basic principle of playfield design. Color me a noob, but I bought it to enjoy and have already enjoyed it more than many other machines (even with limited code).

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

I felt the ramp placement impeded gameflow. Apparently, not a popular position to take. Anyhow...

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You are incorrect, sir. Code is king and can save any game and any layout.

OK. I respectfully disagree, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

#2872 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Play better...This thing flows for days!

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I felt the ramp placement impeded gameflow. Apparently, not a popular position to take. Anyhow...

Some people like ramps. Judging by your 1/10 AC/DC review you do not. It's not about the popularity of your opinion, it's that we don't need to hear it.
Go tell your friends you find their wives unattractive right after they put a ring on it. I'm sure they will appreciate the input.

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK. I respectfully disagree, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

How many times have you played it?

#2875 1 year ago

Too many non-owners in this owners thread.

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Play better...This thing flows for days!

Agree, lots of combos and flow.

The reason it seems difficult for most who say this is because it’s a waaay different layout than your typical stern. Not being used to the same fan layout tends to make things more of a challenge early on. Which is a good thing.

I dig it!

#2877 1 year ago

Hi, any tips to definitivly fix the falling spinner issue ?

IMG_20230205_115428 (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_115428 (resized).jpg
#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Hi, any tips to definitivly fix the falling spinner issue ?[quoted image]

Diamonds apparently are not forever.

When it comes to spinners, I usually just start bending things carelessly until I figure it out. Maybe try bending the bracket that holds the spinner a little? also, the arms on your spinner look a little mishapen, try straightening them out.

#2879 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree, lots of combos and flow.
The reason it seems difficult for most who say this is because it’s a waaay different layout than your typical stern. Not being used to the same fan layout tends to make things more of a challenge early on. Which is a good thing.
I dig it!

The only thing people hate more than "the same old fan layout" is not the same old fan layout.

#2880 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only thing people hate more than "the same old fan layout" is not the same old fan layout.

case in point: Mando

#2881 1 year ago

I just realized that Stern added an extra post in front of the left scoop after the promo photos were taken. See attached. Flyboybuster documented a fix for this in the Bond mod thread (with a homemade bracket) since that lone post is becoming loose on some games. I might try to make this if I can find a thin piece of metal around the house but I think Stern should give out free brackets to address this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/8#post-7387855

extra post is loose (resized).jpgextra post is loose (resized).jpgmissing post (resized).PNGmissing post (resized).PNG
#2882 1 year ago

Was other code this bare from the start? I think Pinball Browser is going to come in handy to add a lot of footage and definitely music. These songs need to be in the code for sure.

#2883 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Was other code this bare from the start?

Yes, on a dozen other games as detailed throughout this thread.

Some take longer than others to bake.

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I just realized that Stern added an extra post in front of the left scoop after the promo photos were taken. See attached. Flyboybuster documented a fix for this in the Bond mod thread (with a homemade bracket) since that lone post is becoming loose on some games. I might try to make this if I can find a thin piece of metal around the house but I think Stern should give out free brackets to address this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/8#post-7387855
[quoted image][quoted image]

It may be that a bracket is required but Gomez spoke to this when asked about it yesterday afternoon in the Stern Facebook group. Sounds like they saw it come loose and moved to a longer screw + a nylock nut to resolve it:
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 3.14.28 PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-06 at 3.14.28 PM (resized).jpg

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

It may be that a bracket is required but Gomez spoke to this when asked about it yesterday afternoon in the Stern Facebook group. Sounds like they saw it come loose and moved to a longer screw + a nylock nut to resolve it:
[quoted image]

That's funny, I thought they had forgotten the nut on mine. I made a post earlier in this thread to check yours to see if yours had "lost" the nut as well.
I still want to put a clear washer under the post, I think, so it doesn't dig into the playfield cause that thing is getting drilled occasionally. I forgot where I saw those plastic washers. Probably on Marco or Pinball Life or something.

#2886 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That's funny, I thought they had forgotten the nut on mine. I made a post earlier in this thread to check yours to see if yours had "lost" the nut as well.
I still want to put a clear washer under the post, I think, so it doesn't dig into the playfield cause that thing is getting drilled occasionally. I forgot where I saw those plastic washers. Probably on Marco or Pinball Life or something.

Game room mods have a great selection
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07587-stern-bond-007-plastic-protectors

#2888 1 year ago

Titan has silicone ones too. I think most of the usual suspects carry a variation, just look wherever you need a fix from.

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Titan has silicone ones too. I think most of the usual suspects carry a variation, just look wherever you need a fix from.

I have already shopping lists for McMAster-Carr, PBR, BoltDepot, PinballLife and Marcos started. I'm paying for some shipping company executive's kid to go to college

#2890 1 year ago

First time owner who just received my James Bond Premium. Anyone else having issues with the ball hanging up below the rollovers. Frequently the ball will get stuck just below the rollovers in the lanes and at the top, almost as if its magnetized. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Sorry for the newbie question!

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

First time owner who just received my James Bond Premium. Anyone else having issues with the ball hanging up below the rollovers. Frequently the ball will get stuck just below the rollovers in the lanes and at the top, almost as if its magnetized. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Sorry for the newbie question!

Maybe the game isn't steep enough? Are your back leg levelers raised at all?

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

The machine may be too flat if it's just sitting in the slot of the rollover. You may need to raise the back legs a little with the adjusters on the bottom of the feet.
I think 6.5* to 6.7* incline is recommended measured on the playfield, not on the glass.
That being said, most people have it even steeper than that, but it's a good spot to start.

If it's not sitting in the rollover slots, it's something different. Maybe you could take a picture and post it here.

#2893 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Washer is unnoticeable , I had no lock nut from factory, do now

20230206_145932 (resized).jpg20230206_145932 (resized).jpg
#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Washer is unnoticeable , I had no lock nut from factory, do now [quoted image]

What size of washer did you get there?

#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

The machine may be too flat if it's just sitting in the slot of the rollover. You may need to raise the back legs a little with the adjusters on the bottom of the feet.
I think 6.5* to 6.7* incline is recommended measured on the playfield, not on the glass.
That being said, most people have it even steeper than that, but it's a good spot to start.
If it's not sitting in the rollover slots, it's something different. Maybe you could take a picture and post it here.

See the attached as an example. I haven't touched any of the legs and don't have an accurate way to measure slope, but the leveler bubble shows right in the middle where I believe its supposed to be.

IMG_2786 (resized).jpgIMG_2786 (resized).jpg
#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

See the attached as an example. I haven't touched any of the legs and don't have an accurate way to measure slope, but the leveler bubble shows right in the middle where I believe its supposed to be.
[quoted image]

Yep, that's just too flat.
So regarding that bubble level on the right side built into the playfield: Unfortunately I've seen them differ when the bubble is in the middle for up to 0.5* from machine to machine of the same type.

I bought something like this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WQLHG2G
That will help you easily make the machine level from side to side and determine your slope front to back. I'm sure you can find them cheaper than that, they are all likely rolling out of the same factory in china. Wouldn't be surprised if you find one for $15 or less.

In the meantime:
Just let some more of the leg leveler out in the back even if the bubble will wander up. (Don't forget to also move the jam nut underneath up so the machine is sitting on the nut and not just the threads.)

Once you have your new little device you can verify what the incline is in degrees and also make sure its level from side to side. I found also out the hard way that this little bubble thing on the right side is not really useful.

Edit:
Reminder if you use that little electronic inclinometer, always measure on the playfield, never on the glass!

#2897 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

My bad, I must have missed it! Sorry, I'll check when I have the playfield up next.

#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

My bad, I must have missed it! Sorry, I'll check when I have the playfield up next.

No offense taken, and no need to apologize either! I meant funny because G.G. addressed it and they made apparently a change and I just had thought they missed it on my machine.

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Some people like ramps. Judging by your 1/10 AC/DC review you do not. It's not about the popularity of your opinion, it's that we don't need to hear it.
Go tell your friends you find their wives unattractive right after they put a ring on it. I'm sure they will appreciate the input.

I’m always very skeptical of people who rate games perfect 10s, let alone multiple. I’m also skeptical of 1.0 ratings, particularly on games that are known to have at least some redeeming qualities. Like for sure AC-DC does.

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

What size of washer did you get there?

3/4, a 1" just looked too big to me, but it would not interfere with the ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Methuen, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/58?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.